Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Aldoc
Description: aldolase C, fructose-bisphosphate
Alias: AI847350, AU040929, Aldo3, Scrg2, fructose-bisphosphate aldolase C, aldolase 3, C isoform, brain-type aldolase, scrapie responsive gene 2, scrapie-responsive protein 2, zebrin II
- Strom A, Diecke S, Hunsmann G, Stuke A. Identification of prion protein binding proteins by combined use of far-Western immunoblotting, two dimensional gel electrophoresis and mass spectrometry. Proteomics. 2006;6:26-34 pubmed..Especially the application of this technique to investigate other neurodegenerative diseases is promising. ..
- Rivkin A, Herrup K. Development of cerebellar modules: extrinsic control of late-phase zebrin II pattern and the exploration of rat/mouse species differences. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2003;24:887-901 pubmed..We have used the expression of Zebrin II/aldolase C in Purkinje cells as a marker of these bands and have discovered several new features of their ..
- Matsuda M, Lockefeer J, Horseman N. Aldolase C/zebrin gene regulation by prolactin during pregnancy and lactation. Endocrine. 2003;20:91-100 pubmed..The selective regulation of AldC/zebrin may contribute to a shift in nutrient metabolism during pregnancy and lactation to facilitate epithelial growth and biosynthesis of milk constituents. ..
- Gallagher E, Howell B, Soriano P, Cooper J, Hawkes R. Cerebellar abnormalities in the disabled (mdab1-1) mouse. J Comp Neurol. 1998;402:238-51 pubmed..The Purkinje cells, identified by anti-zebrin II in the adult or anti-calbindin in the new born mdab1-1 mutant cerebellum, form a parasagittal banding pattern, ..
- Ruiz Lozano P, Smith S, Perkins G, Kubalak S, Boss G, Sucov H, et al. Energy deprivation and a deficiency in downstream metabolic target genes during the onset of embryonic heart failure in RXRalpha-/- embryos. Development. 1998;125:533-44 pubmed..We propose a model whereby defects in intermediary metabolism may be a causative factor of the RXRalpha-/- phenotype and resembles an embryonic form of dilated cardiomyopathy. ..
- Howell B, Hawkes R, Soriano P, Cooper J. Neuronal position in the developing brain is regulated by mouse disabled-1. Nature. 1997;389:733-7 pubmed..Because mDab1 is expressed in wild-type cortical neurons, and Reelin expression is normal in mdab1 mutants, mDab1 may be part of a Reelin-regulated or parallel pathway that controls the final positioning of neurons. ..
- Luckner R, Obst Pernberg K, Hirano S, Suzuki S, Redies C. Granule cell raphes in the developing mouse cerebellum. Cell Tissue Res. 2001;303:159-72 pubmed..Purkinje cell segments coincide with the borders of Purkinje cell segments that express zebrin II, a marker for the "late-onset" parasagittal banding pattern which persists in the adult cerebellum...
- Dandoy Dron F, Benboudjema L, Guillo F, Jaegly A, Jasmin C, Dormont D, et al. Enhanced levels of scrapie responsive gene mRNA in BSE-infected mouse brain. Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2000;76:173-9 pubmed..These observations underline the importance of cell reactivity in TSE. In addition, scrg2 mRNA the level of which is enhanced in TSE-infected mouse brain, was identified as a previously unrecognized long ..
- Dandoy Dron F, Guillo F, Benboudjema L, Deslys J, Lasmezas C, Dormont D, et al. Gene expression in scrapie. Cloning of a new scrapie-responsive gene and the identification of increased levels of seven other mRNA transcripts. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:7691-7 pubmed..ScRG-1 mRNA was found to be preferentially expressed in glial cells and to code for a short protein of 47 amino acids with a strong hydrophobic N-terminal region. ..
- Croci L, Chung S, Masserdotti G, Gianola S, Bizzoca A, Gennarini G, et al. A key role for the HLH transcription factor EBF2COE2,O/E-3 in Purkinje neuron migration and cerebellar cortical topography. Development. 2006;133:2719-29 pubmed..is disrupted due to cell death and, in addition, many of the surviving PCs, that would normally adopt a zebrin II-negative phenotype, transdifferentiate to Zebrin II-positive, an unprecedented finding suggesting that Ebf2 is ..
- Marzban H, Chung S, Watanabe M, Hawkes R. Phospholipase Cbeta4 expression reveals the continuity of cerebellar topography through development. J Comp Neurol. 2007;502:857-71 pubmed..markers reveal this complexity, and detailed maps have been constructed based on the differential expression of zebrin II/aldolase C in a Purkinje cell subset...
- Ha T, Swanson D, Kirova R, Yeung J, Choi K, Tong Y, et al. Genome-wide microarray comparison reveals downstream genes of Pax6 in the developing mouse cerebellum. Eur J Neurosci. 2012;36:2888-98 pubmed publisher..The candidate genes identified in this way represent direct or indirect Pax6-downstream genes involved in cerebellar development. ..
- Chung S, Marzban H, Croci L, Consalez G, Hawkes R. Purkinje cell subtype specification in the cerebellar cortex: early B-cell factor 2 acts to repress the zebrin II-positive Purkinje cell phenotype. Neuroscience. 2008;153:721-32 pubmed publisher..The most extensively studied compartmentation antigen is zebrin II/aldolase c, which is expressed by a subset of Purkinje cells forming parasagittal stripes...
- SAMUELS I, Karlo J, Faruzzi A, Pickering K, Herrup K, Sweatt J, et al. Deletion of ERK2 mitogen-activated protein kinase identifies its key roles in cortical neurogenesis and cognitive function. J Neurosci. 2008;28:6983-95 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate an important role for ERK2 in cellular proliferation and differentiation during neural development as well as in cognition and memory formation. ..
- Yang H, Pu X. Chronic morphine administration induces over-expression of aldolase C with reduction of CREB phosphorylation in the mouse hippocampus. Eur J Pharmacol. 2009;609:51-7 pubmed publisher..The results suggest potential links between the morphine-induced alteration of aldolase C and the regulation of CREB phosphorylation, a possible mechanism of morphine dependence. ..
- Chung S, Marzban H, Aldinger K, Dixit R, Millen K, Schuurmans C, et al. Zac1 plays a key role in the development of specific neuronal subsets in the mouse cerebellum. Neural Dev. 2011;6:25 pubmed publisher..We thus conclude that Zac1 is a critical regulator of normal cerebellar development, adding a new transcriptional regulator to the growing list of factors involved in generating neuronal diversity in the developing cerebellum. ..
- Chambers D, Wilson L, Alfonsi F, Hunter E, Saxena U, Blanc E, et al. Rhombomere-specific analysis reveals the repertoire of genetic cues expressed across the developing hindbrain. Neural Dev. 2009;4:6 pubmed publisher..These findings give the first genome-wide insight into the complexity of gene expression during patterning of the developing hindbrain. ..
- Miyazawa H, Yamaguchi Y, Sugiura Y, Honda K, Kondo K, Matsuda F, et al. Rewiring of embryonic glucose metabolism via suppression of PFK-1 and aldolase during mouse chorioallantoic branching. Development. 2017;144:63-73 pubmed publisher..Perturbation of glucose metabolism rewiring by suppressing Lin28a downregulation resulted in perinatal lethality. Thus, our work demonstrates that developing embryos rewire glucose metabolism following CB for normal development. ..
- Sergaki M, Ibanez C. GFR?1 Regulates Purkinje Cell Migration by Counteracting NCAM Function. Cell Rep. 2017;18:367-379 pubmed publisher..In vitro experiments indicated that GFR?1 can function both in cis and trans to counteract NCAM and promote PC migration. Collectively, our studies show that GFR?1 contributes to PC migration by limiting NCAM function. ..
- Ahn A, Dziennis S, Hawkes R, Herrup K. The cloning of zebrin II reveals its identity with aldolase C. Development. 1994;120:2081-90 pubmed..We report the isolation of cDNA clones of the 36 x 10(3) M(r) antigen, zebrin II, by screening of a mouse cerebellum cDNA expression library...
- Paolella G, Buono P, Mancini F, Izzo P, Salvatore F. Structure and expression of mouse aldolase genes. Brain-specific aldolase C amino acid sequence is closely related to aldolase A. Eur J Biochem. 1986;156:229-35 pubmed
- Fujita H, Aoki H, Ajioka I, Yamazaki M, Abe M, Oh Nishi A, et al. Detailed expression pattern of aldolase C (Aldoc) in the cerebellum, retina and other areas of the CNS studied in Aldoc-Venus knock-in mice. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e86679 pubmed publisherAldolase C (Aldoc, also known as "zebrin II"), a brain type isozyme of a glycolysis enzyme, is expressed heterogeneously in subpopulations of cerebellar Purkinje cells (PCs) that are arranged longitudinally in a complex striped ..
- Bailey K, Rahimi Balaei M, Mehdizadeh M, Marzban H. Spatial and temporal expression of lysosomal acid phosphatase 2 (ACP2) reveals dynamic patterning of the mouse cerebellar cortex. Cerebellum. 2013;12:870-81 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that ACP2 expression is dynamically regulated during development, and in the adult, it may function within a complex architecture that is linked to cerebellar modular organization. ..
- Sawada K, Fukui Y. Zebrin II expressing Purkinje cell phenotype-related and -unrelated cerebellar abnormalities in Cav2.1 mutant, rolling mouse Nagoya. ScientificWorldJournal. 2010;10:2032-8 pubmed publisher..the cerebellum, and as an ectopic expression of tyrosine hydroxylase (TH) in the Purkinje cell subsets with the zebrin II-immunopositive phenotype. As the mutated Cav2...
- Langer D, Ikehara Y, Takebayashi H, Hawkes R, Zimmermann H. The ectonucleotidases alkaline phosphatase and nucleoside triphosphate diphosphohydrolase 2 are associated with subsets of progenitor cell populations in the mouse embryonic, postnatal and adult neurogenic zones. Neuroscience. 2007;150:863-79 pubmed..They further support the notion that signaling via extracellular nucleotides and nucleosides contributes to embryonic and adult neurogenesis. ..
- Karam S, Dottori M, Ogawa K, Henderson J, Boyd A, Pasquale E, et al. EphA4 is not required for Purkinje cell compartmentation. Brain Res Dev Brain Res. 2002;135:29-38 pubmed
- Segre J, Nemhauser J, Taylor B, Nadeau J, Lander E. Positional cloning of the nude locus: genetic, physical, and transcription maps of the region and mutations in the mouse and rat. Genomics. 1995;28:549-59 pubmed..Nature 372: 103-107, 1994). We report as well the mutations in the rat rnu allele and the complete coding sequence of the rat whn mRNA. ..