Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Alb
Alias: Alb-1, Alb1, BCL002, serum albumin, albumin 1
Publications102 found, 100 shown here
- Tenten V, Menzel S, Kunter U, Sicking E, van Roeyen C, Sanden S, et al. Albumin is recycled from the primary urine by tubular transcytosis. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2013;24:1966-80 pubmed publisher..In summary, we provide evidence of a transcytosis within the kidney tubular system that protects albumin and IgG from lysosomal degradation, allowing these proteins to be recycled intact. ..
- Blumenfeld M, Maury M, Chouard T, Yaniv M, Condamine H. Hepatic nuclear factor 1 (HNF1) shows a wider distribution than products of its known target genes in developing mouse. Development. 1991;113:589-99 pubmed..These experiments show that, even though the HNF1 homeo-protein is essential for expression of many liver-specific genes, it cannot, by itself, force high expression levels of these genes, in non-hepatic tissues. ..
- Bach I, Galcheva Gargova Z, Mattei M, Simon Chazottes D, Guenet J, Cereghini S, et al. Cloning of human hepatic nuclear factor 1 (HNF1) and chromosomal localization of its gene in man and mouse. Genomics. 1990;8:155-64 pubmed..3 and 5F in human and mouse, respectively, establishing a new segmental homology between these two chromosomes. ..
- Benovic J, Onorato J, Arriza J, Stone W, Lohse M, Jenkins N, et al. Cloning, expression, and chromosomal localization of beta-adrenergic receptor kinase 2. A new member of the receptor kinase family. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:14939-46 pubmed..These data suggest the existence of a "family" of receptor kinases which may serve broadly to regulate receptor function. ..
- Bellis M, Jubier Maurin V, Dod B, Vanlerberghe F, Laurent A, Senglat C, et al. Distributions of two recently inserted long interspersed elements of the L1 repetitive family at the Alb and beta h3 loci in wild mice populations. Mol Biol Evol. 1987;4:351-63 pubmed..musculus. Since there was no evidence for the presence of these two L1 sequences in more distantly related species, we conclude that they are recent insertions in the M. musculus genome. ..
- Trojan J, Naval X, Johnson T, Lafarge Frayssinet C, Hajeri Germond M, Farges O, et al. Expression of serum albumin and of alphafetoprotein in murine normal and neoplastic primitive embryonic structures. Mol Reprod Dev. 1995;42:369-78 pubmed..The intracellular presence of AFP and of serum albumin (SA) in normal and neoplastic neural crest and neural tube derivatives was previously demonstrated...
- Liu Y, Festing M, Thompson J, Hester M, Rankin S, El Hodiri H, et al. Smad2 and Smad3 coordinately regulate craniofacial and endodermal development. Dev Biol. 2004;270:411-26 pubmed..This precedes any defects in anterior patterning and likely causes the abnormalities observed in craniofacial and midline development, as well as hepatogenesis. ..
- Triplett A, Sakamoto K, Matulka L, Shen L, Smith G, Wagner K. Expression of the whey acidic protein (Wap) is necessary for adequate nourishment of the offspring but not functional differentiation of mammary epithelial cells. Genesis. 2005;43:1-11 pubmed..Important implications of these findings for the use of Wap as a marker for advanced differentiation of mammary epithelial cells and the biology of pluripotent progenitors are discussed in the final section. ..
- Xie Z, Zhang H, Tsai W, Zhang Y, Du Y, Zhong J, et al. Zinc finger protein ZBTB20 is a key repressor of alpha-fetoprotein gene transcription in liver. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:10859-64 pubmed publisher..Our data point to ZBTB20 as a key regulator governing AFP gene transcription and postulate a new model for the postnatal gene repression of AFP in liver. ..
- Kiyohashi K, Kakinuma S, Kamiya A, Sakamoto N, Nitta S, Yamanaka H, et al. Wnt5a signaling mediates biliary differentiation of fetal hepatic stem/progenitor cells in mice. Hepatology. 2013;57:2502-13 pubmed publisher..Wnt5a-mediated signaling in fetal hepatic stem/progenitor cells suppresses biliary differentiation. These findings also suggest that activation of CaMKII by Wnt5a signaling suppresses biliary differentiation. (HEPATOLOGY 2013;). ..
- Cerdá Esteban N, Naumann H, Ruzittu S, Mah N, Pongrac I, Cozzitorto C, et al. Stepwise reprogramming of liver cells to a pancreas progenitor state by the transcriptional regulator Tgif2. Nat Commun. 2017;8:14127 pubmed publisher..This study uncovers the reprogramming activity of TGIF2 and suggests a stepwise reprogramming paradigm, whereby a 'lineage-restricted' dedifferentiation step precedes the identity switch. ..
- Cascio S, Zaret K. Hepatocyte differentiation initiates during endodermal-mesenchymal interactions prior to liver formation. Development. 1991;113:217-25 pubmed..Using the technique of in situ hybridization, we find that serum albumin mRNA, a liver-specific gene product, is first detected in hepatic precursor cells of the endoderm as early as ..
- Baumann H, Firestone G, Burgess T, Gross K, Yamamoto K, Held W. Dexamethasone regulation of alpha 1-acid glycoprotein and other acute phase reactants in rat liver and hepatoma cells. J Biol Chem. 1983;258:563-70 pubmed
- Mano H, Mano K, Tang B, Koehler M, Yi T, Gilbert D, et al. Expression of a novel form of Tec kinase in hematopoietic cells and mapping of the gene to chromosome 5 near Kit. Oncogene. 1993;8:417-24 pubmed..Lastly, by interspecies backcross analysis, we show that the Tec gene is tightly linked to the c-Kit gene on mouse chromosome 5. ..
- Bossard P, Zaret K. GATA transcription factors as potentiators of gut endoderm differentiation. Development. 1998;125:4909-17 pubmed..show that a DNA-binding site for GATA factors is occupied on a liver-specific, transcriptional enhancer of the serum albumin gene...
- Suzuki T, Kanai Y, Hara T, Sasaki J, Sasaki T, Kohara M, et al. Crucial role of the small GTPase ARF6 in hepatic cord formation during liver development. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:6149-56 pubmed..These results provide evidence that ARF6 is an essential component in the signaling pathway coupling HGF signaling to hepatic cord formation. ..
- Kizu T, Yoshida Y, Furuta K, Ogura S, Egawa M, Chatani N, et al. Loss of Gab1 adaptor protein in hepatocytes aggravates experimental liver fibrosis in mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2015;308:G613-24 pubmed publisher..Thus, we present a novel antifibrotic function of hepatocyte Gab1 in liver fibrogenesis. ..
- Lunsford R, Jenkins N, Kozak C, Liang L, Silan C, Copeland N, et al. Genomic mapping of murine Zp-2 and Zp-3, two oocyte-specific loci encoding zona pellucida proteins. Genomics. 1990;6:184-7 pubmed..3 +/- 3.2 cM distal to Tyr, and Zp-3 was located on chromosome 5, 9.2 +/- 2.9 cM distal to Gus. ..
- Bentley E, Inglis J, Gossler A, Stephenson D, Darling S. D5Ucl1 and Els1 are closely linked to W on mouse chromosome 5 but lie distal to the W19H deletion. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:691-3 pubmed
- Bonzo J, Ferry C, Matsubara T, Kim J, Gonzalez F. Suppression of hepatocyte proliferation by hepatocyte nuclear factor 4? in adult mice. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:7345-56 pubmed publisher..acute Hnf4a knock-out mouse model was generated through use of the tamoxifen-inducible ErT2cre coupled to the serum albumin gene promoter...
- Seyer P, Vallois D, Poitry Yamate C, Schutz F, Metref S, Tarussio D, et al. Hepatic glucose sensing is required to preserve ? cell glucose competence. J Clin Invest. 2013;123:1662-76 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data show that glucose sensing by the liver controls ? cell glucose competence and suggest BAs as a potential mechanistic link. ..
- Win S, Than T, Min R, Aghajan M, Kaplowitz N. c-Jun N-terminal kinase mediates mouse liver injury through a novel Sab (SH3BP5)-dependent pathway leading to inactivation of intramitochondrial Src. Hepatology. 2016;63:1987-2003 pubmed publisher..Hepatology 2016;63:1987-2003). ..
- Cooper R, Herzog C, Li M, Zapisek W, Hoyt P, Ratrie H, et al. Localization of the L1Md family of repeated sequences in the mouse albumin-alpha-fetoprotein gene complex. Nucleic Acids Res. 1984;12:6575-86 pubmed..5 kbp intergenic region that links the albumin gene to the AFP gene. ..
- Buck M, Zhang L, Halasz N, Hunter T, Chojkier M. Nuclear export of phosphorylated C/EBPbeta mediates the inhibition of albumin expression by TNF-alpha. EMBO J. 2001;20:6712-23 pubmed..Treatment of TNF-alpha mice with antioxidants or NOS inhibitors prevented phosphorylation of C/EBPbeta on Ser239 and its nuclear export, and rescued the abnormal albumin gene expression. ..
- Subramaniam R, Fan X, Scivittaro V, Yang J, Ha C, Petersen C, et al. Cellular oxidant stress and advanced glycation endproducts of albumin: caveats of the dichlorofluorescein assay. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2002;400:15-25 pubmed..While, several site-directed mutants of human serum albumin (HSA), including C34S and recombinant domains II and III retained fluorescence suppressing activity, ..
- Lebel S, Chen Y, Gingras D, Chung A, Bendayan M. Morphofunctional studies of the glomerular wall in mice lacking entactin-1. J Histochem Cytochem. 2003;51:1467-78 pubmed..Entactin-1 appears to be an essential component in basement membranes because its absence appears to modify the molecular organization leading to alterations in functional properties. ..
- Watanabe D, Suetake I, Tajima S, Hanaoka K. Expression of Dnmt3b in mouse hematopoietic progenitor cells and spermatogonia at specific stages. Gene Expr Patterns. 2004;5:43-9 pubmed..While Dnmt3b was distributed in both the heterochromatin and euchromatin regions, Dnmt3a was specifically localized to the euchromatin region. ..
- Mataki C, Magnier B, Houten S, Annicotte J, Argmann C, Thomas C, et al. Compromised intestinal lipid absorption in mice with a liver-specific deficiency of liver receptor homolog 1. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:8330-9 pubmed..Our studies unequivocally demonstrate a pivotal role for LRH-1 in determining the composition of BAs, which, in turn has major consequences on whole-body lipid homeostasis. ..
- Oikawa T, Kamiya A, Kakinuma S, Zeniya M, Nishinakamura R, Tajiri H, et al. Sall4 regulates cell fate decision in fetal hepatic stem/progenitor cells. Gastroenterology. 2009;136:1000-11 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Sall4 plays a crucial role in controlling the lineage commitment of hepatoblasts not only inhibiting their differentiation into hepatocytes but also driving their differentiation toward cholangiocytes. ..
- Mutel E, Gautier Stein A, Abdul Wahed A, Amigó Correig M, Zitoun C, Stefanutti A, et al. Control of blood glucose in the absence of hepatic glucose production during prolonged fasting in mice: induction of renal and intestinal gluconeogenesis by glucagon. Diabetes. 2011;60:3121-31 pubmed publisher..Thus, the current dogma relating to the respective role of the liver and of extrahepatic gluconeogenic organs in glucose homeostasis requires re-examination. ..
- Boccaccio C, Deschatrette J, Meunier Rotival M. Empty and occupied insertion site of the truncated LINE-1 repeat located in the mouse serum albumin-encoding gene. Gene. 1990;88:181-6 pubmed..of the polymorphism created by the presence or the absence of a LINE-1 repeat in intron 12 of the mouse serum albumin-encoding gene, we sequenced the repeat (Alb-L1Md), as well as the flanking regions in BALB/c DNA...
- Bell D, Taguchi T, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Copeland N, Gilks C, et al. Chromosomal localization of a gene, GF1, encoding a novel zinc finger protein reveals a new syntenic region between man and rodents. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1995;70:263-7 pubmed..Comparative mapping data presented here describes a new syntenic region between man and rodents. ..
- Trautwein C, Caelles C, van der Geer P, Hunter T, Karin M, Chojkier M. Transactivation by NF-IL6/LAP is enhanced by phosphorylation of its activation domain. Nature. 1993;364:544-7 pubmed..We now show that stimulation of the protein kinase C pathway increases the phosphorylation of Ser 105 within the activation domain of NF-IL6/LAP, and enhances its transcriptional efficacy. ..
- Modi W, Amarante M, Hanson M, Womack J, Chidambaram A. Assignment of the mouse and cow CXC chemokine genes. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1998;81:213-6 pubmed..One group containing Gro1 and Mip2 cosegregated with reference markers Alb1 and Btc, and was positioned 2.2 cM proximal to a group comprising Ifi10, Mig, and Scyb5...
- RIVERA FELICIANO J, Lee K, Kong S, Rajagopal S, Ma Q, Springer Z, et al. Development of heart valves requires Gata4 expression in endothelial-derived cells. Development. 2006;133:3607-18 pubmed..First, Gata4 functions as an upstream regulator of an Erbb3-Erk pathway necessary for EMT, and second, Gata4 acts to promote cushion mesenchyme growth and remodeling. ..
- Simmonds C, Karsenty G, Karaplis A, Kovacs C. Parathyroid hormone regulates fetal-placental mineral homeostasis. J Bone Miner Res. 2010;25:594-605 pubmed publisher..Although parathyroid hormone-related protein (PTHrP) acts in concert with PTH to regulate fetal mineral homeostasis and placental calcium transfer, unlike PTH, it does not upregulate in response to fetal hypocalcemia. ..
- Bollag R, Siegfried Z, Cebra Thomas J, Garvey N, Davison E, Silver L. An ancient family of embryonically expressed mouse genes sharing a conserved protein motif with the T locus. Nat Genet. 1994;7:383-9 pubmed..Phylogenetic analysis suggests that at least three T-box genes were present in the common ancestor to vertebrates and invertebrates. Thus, members of the T-box family could have played a role in the evolution of all metazoan organisms. ..
- Keng V, Yagi H, Ikawa M, Nagano T, Myint Z, Yamada K, et al. Homeobox gene Hex is essential for onset of mouse embryonic liver development and differentiation of the monocyte lineage. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;276:1155-61 pubmed..These results indicate that Hex plays an essential role in progenitor cells which commit to the hepatic endoderm and in the hematopoietic differentiation of the monocyte lineage. ..
- Watanabe T, Nakagawa K, Ohata S, Kitagawa D, Nishitai G, Seo J, et al. SEK1/MKK4-mediated SAPK/JNK signaling participates in embryonic hepatoblast proliferation via a pathway different from NF-kappaB-induced anti-apoptosis. Dev Biol. 2002;250:332-47 pubmed..Thus, SEK1 appears to play a crucial role in hepatoblast proliferation and survival in a manner apparently different from NF-kappaB or c-Jun. ..
- Qu X, Lam E, Doughman Y, Chen Y, Chou Y, Lam M, et al. Cited2, a coactivator of HNF4alpha, is essential for liver development. EMBO J. 2007;26:4445-56 pubmed..Taken together, this study suggests that fetal liver defects in mice lacking Cited2 result, at least in part, from its defective coactivation function for HNF4alpha. ..
- Wandzioch E, Zaret K. Dynamic signaling network for the specification of embryonic pancreas and liver progenitors. Science. 2009;324:1707-10 pubmed publisher..These findings may enhance progenitor cell specification from stem cells for biomedical purposes and can help explain incomplete programming in stem cell differentiation protocols. ..
- Cicchini C, de Nonno V, Battistelli C, Cozzolino A, De Santis Puzzonia M, CiafrÃ¨ S, et al. Epigenetic control of EMT/MET dynamics: HNF4Î± impacts DNMT3s through miRs-29. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1849:919-29 pubmed publisher..HNF4Î± maintains hepatocyte identity by regulating miR-29a and -29b expression, which in turn control epigenetic modifications by limiting DNMT3A and DNMT3B levels. ..
- Terada M, Horisawa K, Miura S, Takashima Y, Ohkawa Y, Sekiya S, et al. Kupffer cells induce Notch-mediated hepatocyte conversion in a common mouse model of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma. Sci Rep. 2016;6:34691 pubmed publisher..These findings will be useful for uncovering the pathogenic mechanism of ICC and developing prevenient and therapeutic strategies for this refractory disease. ..
- Hill R, Jones P, Rees A, Sime C, Justice M, Copeland N, et al. A new family of mouse homeo box-containing genes: molecular structure, chromosomal location, and developmental expression of Hox-7.1. Genes Dev. 1989;3:26-37 pubmed..Later, this gene is expressed in regions of the face that are derived from neural crest and in the interdigital mesenchymal tissues in both the fore- and hindlimbs. ..
- Clissold P, Bishop J. Molecular cloning of cDNA sequences transcribed from mouse liver endoplasmic reticulum poly(A)mRNA. Gene. 1981;15:225-35 pubmed..Four code for the major urinary protein of the mouse (MUP), one for serum albumin and one for alpha 1-antitrypsin. A seventh codes for an unidentified polypeptide with Mr = 27000...
- Morrow J, Stearman R, Peltzman C, Potter D. Induction of hepatic synthesis of serum amyloid A protein and actin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981;78:4718-22 pubmed..Its relative rate of synthesis is increased about 5-fold compared to the normal tissue; that of serum albumin is decreased to about one-third of its normal rate...
- Guan X, Arhin G, Leung J, Tilghman S. Linkage between vitamin D-binding protein and alpha-fetoprotein in the mouse. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:103-6 pubmed..In rodents, the genes for albumin, alpha-fetoprotein, and alpha ALB are physically linked within 100 kilobases of DNA...
- Chang J, Nicolas E, Marks D, Sander C, Lerro A, Buendia M, et al. miR-122, a mammalian liver-specific microRNA, is processed from hcr mRNA and may downregulate the high affinity cationic amino acid transporter CAT-1. RNA Biol. 2004;1:106-13 pubmed..In summary, these studies followed the accumulation during development of miR-122 from its mRNA precursor, hcr, through to identification of what may be a specific mRNA target, CAT-1. ..
- Amir M, Zhao E, Fontana L, Rosenberg H, Tanaka K, Gao G, et al. Inhibition of hepatocyte autophagy increases tumor necrosis factor-dependent liver injury by promoting caspase-8 activation. Cell Death Differ. 2013;20:878-87 pubmed publisher..Autophagy, therefore, mediates cellular resistance to TNF toxicity in vivo by blocking activation of caspase-8 and the mitochondrial death pathway, suggesting that autophagy is a therapeutic target in TNF-dependent tissue injury. ..
- Diaz Castroverde S, Baos S, Luque M, Di Scala M, GonzÃ¡lez Aseguinolaza G, GÃ³mez HernÃ¡ndez A, et al. Prevalent role of the insulin receptor isoform A in the regulation of hepatic glycogen metabolism in hepatocytes and in mice. Diabetologia. 2016;59:2702-2710 pubmed..Therefore, we suggest that IRA expression in the liver could provide an interesting therapeutic approach for the regulation of hepatic glucose content and glycogen storage. ..
- Petras M, Maclaren I. Structural differences between albumin A and albumin C of the house mouse, Mus musculus. Biochem Genet. 1976;14:67-73 pubmed..This change would also appropriately alter the electrophoretic properties of albumin C. No obvious counterpart was discovered for TP-C3 of albumin C in albumin A. ..
- Giometti C, Taylor J, Tollaksen S. Mouse liver protein database: a catalog of proteins detected by two-dimensional gel electrophoresis. Electrophoresis. 1992;13:970-91 pubmed
- Baumann H, Berger F. Genetics and evolution of the acute phase proteins in mice. Mol Gen Genet. 1985;201:505-12 pubmed
- Stephenson D, Lee K, Nagle D, Yen C, Morrow A, Miller D, et al. Mouse rump-white mutation associated with an inversion of chromosome 5. Mamm Genome. 1994;5:342-8 pubmed..Taken together, both the genetic and physical mapping data establish that the Rw mutation is associated with an inversion involving loci in the proximal region of Chromosome 5. ..
- Serls A, Doherty S, Parvatiyar P, Wells J, Deutsch G. Different thresholds of fibroblast growth factors pattern the ventral foregut into liver and lung. Development. 2005;132:35-47 pubmed..Together, the findings suggest that a concentration threshold of FGFs emanating from the cardiac mesoderm are involved in patterning the foregut endoderm. ..
- Li T, Huang J, Jiang Y, Zeng Y, He F, Zhang M, et al. Multi-stage analysis of gene expression and transcription regulation in C57/B6 mouse liver development. Genomics. 2009;93:235-42 pubmed publisher..A group of uncharacterized genes which might be involved in the fetal hematopoiesis were detected. ..
- Sekiya S, Suzuki A. Glycogen synthase kinase 3 ?-dependent Snail degradation directs hepatocyte proliferation in normal liver regeneration. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:11175-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, GSK-3?-dependent Snail degradation acts as a fundamental cue for the initiation of hepatocyte proliferation in liver regeneration. ..
- Pyzik M, Rath T, Kuo T, Win S, Baker K, HUBBARD J, et al. Hepatic FcRn regulates albumin homeostasis and susceptibility to liver injury. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E2862-E2871 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies demonstrate that the main function of hepatic FcRn is to direct albumin into the circulation, thereby also increasing hepatocyte sensitivity to toxicity. ..
- Simmons D, Lalley P, Kasper C. Chromosomal assignments of genes coding for components of the mixed-function oxidase system in mice. Genetic localization of the cytochrome P-450PCN and P-450PB gene families and the nadph-cytochrome P-450 oxidoreductase and epoxide hydratase genes. J Biol Chem. 1985;260:515-21 pubmed..Corroboratory data are presented to show that the Eph-1 locus on chromosome 1 is the site of at least one microsomal epoxide hydratase gene. ..
- Gorin M, Cooper D, Eiferman F, van de Rijn P, Tilghman S. The evolution of alpha-fetoprotein and albumin. I. A comparison of the primary amino acid sequences of mammalian alpha-fetoprotein and albumin. J Biol Chem. 1981;256:1954-9 pubmed..These homologies lend strong circumstantial evidence to the proposal that these two proteins arose in evolution as the consequence of a duplication in a common tripartite ancestral gene. ..
- Nock C, Gauss C, Schalkwyk L, Klose J, Lehrach H, Himmelbauer H. Technology development at the interface of proteome research and genomics: mapping nonpolymorphic proteins on the physical map of mouse chromosomes. Electrophoresis. 1999;20:1027-32 pubmed..This technology therefore is able to draw links between proteins detected by 2-D gel electrophoresis and the corresponding gene loci in the mouse genome. ..
- Lin X, Jung J, Kang D, Xu B, Zaret K, Zoghbi H. Prenylcysteine carboxylmethyltransferase is essential for the earliest stages of liver development in mice. Gastroenterology. 2002;123:345-51 pubmed..PCCMT is essential for several stages of hepatic induction, consistent with its role in modifying proteins required to transduce signals, such as FGF, that have been shown to promote liver specification and early growth. ..
- Hisamichi M, Kamijo Ikemori A, Sugaya T, Ichikawa D, Hoshino S, Hirata K, et al. Increase in urinary markers during the acute phase reflects the degree of chronic tubulointerstitial injury after ischemia-reperfusion renal injury. Biomarkers. 2017;22:5-13 pubmed publisher..These markers could detect higher risk of progression to CKD. ..
- Robert B, Sassoon D, Jacq B, Gehring W, Buckingham M. Hox-7, a mouse homeobox gene with a novel pattern of expression during embryogenesis. EMBO J. 1989;8:91-100 pubmed..The pronounced accumulation and regional localization of Hox-7 transcripts in mandibular and limb processes point to a specific morphogenetic role for this mouse homeobox gene. ..
- Sellem C, Frain M, Erdos T, Sala Trepat J. Differential expression of albumin and alpha-fetoprotein genes in fetal tissues of mouse and rat. Dev Biol. 1984;102:51-60 pubmed..These results suggest that the expression of the albumin and AFP genes may be subjected to different regulatory events in these two members of the Muridae family. ..
- Haire R, Litman G. The murine form of TXK, a novel TEC kinase expressed in thymus maps to chromosome 5. Mamm Genome. 1995;6:476-80 pubmed
- Grosson C, MacDonald M, Duyao M, Ambrose C, Roffler Tarlov S, Gusella J. Synteny conservation of the Huntington's disease gene and surrounding loci on mouse Chromosome 5. Mamm Genome. 1994;5:424-8 pubmed..In human these loci span a approximately 1.8 Mb stretch of human 4p16.3 that has been entirely cloned. To date, there is no phenotypic correspondence between human and mouse mutations mapping to this region of synteny conservation. ..
- Baskaran K, Erfurth F, Taborn G, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, et al. Cloning and developmental expression of the murine homolog of the acute leukemia proto-oncogene AF4. Oncogene. 1997;15:1967-78 pubmed..Among the cell types where this pattern of down-regulation is noted are B-lymphocytes. These findings raise the possibility that the disruption of normal AF4 function by the translocation may contribute to leukemogenesis. ..
- Gabant P, Forrester L, Nichols J, Van Reeth T, De Mees C, Pajack B, et al. Alpha-fetoprotein, the major fetal serum protein, is not essential for embryonic development but is required for female fertility. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:12865-70 pubmed..Whereas mutant homozygous adult males are viable and fertile, AFP null females are infertile. Our analyses of these mice indicate that the defect is caused by a dysfunction of the hypothalamic/pituitary system, leading to anovulation. ..
- Shiojiri N, Takeshita K, Yamasaki H, Iwata T. Suppression of C/EBP alpha expression in biliary cell differentiation from hepatoblasts during mouse liver development. J Hepatol. 2004;41:790-8 pubmed..These data suggest that the suppression of C/EBP alpha expression may be prerequisite to biliary cell differentiation in the hepatoblast population and one of its earliest signs. ..
- Thoren L, Nørgaard G, Weischenfeldt J, Waage J, Jakobsen J, Damgaard I, et al. UPF2 is a critical regulator of liver development, function and regeneration. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11650 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data demonstrate the critical role of the NMD pathway in liver development, function and regeneration and highlights the importance of NMD for mammalian biology. ..
- Xu C, Cole P, Meyers D, Kormish J, Dent S, Zaret K. Chromatin "prepattern" and histone modifiers in a fate choice for liver and pancreas. Science. 2011;332:963-6 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal a functional "prepattern" of chromatin states within multipotent progenitors and potential targets to modulate cell fate induction. ..
- Jochheim A, Hillemann T, Kania G, Scharf J, Attaran M, Manns M, et al. Quantitative gene expression profiling reveals a fetal hepatic phenotype of murine ES-derived hepatocytes. Int J Dev Biol. 2004;48:23-9 pubmed..We analyzed albumin (ALB), alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) and hepatic transcription factor (TF) gene expression in tissues derived from embryonic, ..
- Wallenstein E, Barminko J, Schloss R, Yarmush M. Transient gene delivery for functional enrichment of differentiating embryonic stem cells. Biotechnol Bioeng. 2008;101:859-72 pubmed publisher..And engineering cellular systems without making permanent gene changes will be critical for the generation of clinically acceptable cellular material in the future. ..
- Chen H, Ouseph M, Li J, Pécot T, Chokshi V, Kent L, et al. Canonical and atypical E2Fs regulate the mammalian endocycle. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:1192-202 pubmed publisher..These results provide in vivo evidence for a direct role of E2F family members in regulating non-traditional cell cycles in mammals. ..
- Ramamonjisoa N, Ratiney H, Mutel E, Guillou H, Mithieux G, Pilleul F, et al. In vivo hepatic lipid quantification using MRS at 7 Tesla in a mouse model of glycogen storage disease type 1a. J Lipid Res. 2013;54:2010-22 pubmed publisher..These results showed the great potential of high magnetic field MRS to follow the diet impact and lipid alterations in mouse liver. ..
- Bhattacharya A, Hegazy A, Deigendesch N, Kosack L, Cupovic J, Kandasamy R, et al. Superoxide Dismutase 1 Protects Hepatocytes from Type I Interferon-Driven Oxidative Damage. Immunity. 2015;43:974-86 pubmed publisher..video abstract. ..
- Ingram R, Scott R, Tilghman S. alpha-Fetoprotein and albumin genes are in tandem in the mouse genome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1981;78:4694-8 pubmedThe urine alpha-fetoprotein (AFP) and serum albumin genes most probably arose in evolution as the consequence of a duplication of a common ancestral gene. They have both been previously mapped to chromosome 5 in the mouse...
- Ellegren H, Fredholm M, Edfors Lilja I, Winterø A, Andersson L. Conserved synteny between pig chromosome 8 and human chromosome 4 but rearranged and distorted linkage maps. Genomics. 1993;17:599-603 pubmed..Since loci from this synteny group are found on two cattle chromosomes, the bovine rearrangement must have occurred after the split of Suidae and Bovidae within Artiodactyla. ..
- Micsenyi A, Tan X, Sneddon T, Luo J, Michalopoulos G, Monga S. Beta-catenin is temporally regulated during normal liver development. Gastroenterology. 2004;126:1134-46 pubmed..Nuclear and cytoplasmic beta-catenin corresponded to cell proliferation in liver development. Finally, a smaller-molecular-weight species of beta-catenin might be maintaining normal interactions at the membrane. ..
- Wandzioch E, Kolterud A, Jacobsson M, Friedman S, Carlsson L. Lhx2-/- mice develop liver fibrosis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:16549-54 pubmed..This study establishes a spontaneous and reproducible animal model for hepatic fibrosis and reveals that Lhx2 expression in HSCs is important for proper cellular organization and differentiation of the liver. ..
- Andersen J, Dalhus B, Viuff D, Ravn B, Gunnarsen K, Plumridge A, et al. Extending serum half-life of albumin by engineering neonatal Fc receptor (FcRn) binding. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:13492-502 pubmed publisher..The engineered albumin variants may be attractive for improving the serum half-life of biopharmaceuticals. ..
- Nishio M, Sugimachi K, Goto H, Wang J, Morikawa T, Miyachi Y, et al. Dysregulated YAP1/TAZ and TGF-Î² signaling mediate hepatocarcinogenesis in Mob1a/1b-deficient mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E71-80 pubmed publisher..Targeting YAP1/TAZ with these drugs in combination with inhibition of the TGF-Î² pathway may be effective treatment for cHC-CCs and ICCs. ..
- Cordi S, Godard C, Saandi T, Jacquemin P, Monga S, Colnot S, et al. Role of Î²-catenin in development of bile ducts. Differentiation. 2016;91:42-9 pubmed publisher..Our work is expected to significantly impact on in vitro differentiation of stem cells to cholangiocytes for toxicology studies and disease modeling. ..
- Pathak B, Gilbert D, Harrison C, Luetteke N, Chen X, Klagsbrun M, et al. Mouse chromosomal location of three EGF receptor ligands: amphiregulin (Areg), betacellulin (Btc), and heparin-binding EGF (Hegfl). Genomics. 1995;28:116-8 pubmed..These results confirm and extend known relationships between mouse and human chromosomes, and they also provide new information regarding the evolution of this important gene family. ..
- Preitner F, Bonny O, Laverrière A, Rotman S, Firsov D, Da Costa A, et al. Glut9 is a major regulator of urate homeostasis and its genetic inactivation induces hyperuricosuria and urate nephropathy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:15501-6 pubmed publisher..Together, our data show that Glut9 plays a major role in urate homeostasis by its dual role in urate handling in the kidney and uptake in the liver. ..
- Andersen J, Daba M, Berntzen G, Michaelsen T, Sandlie I. Cross-species binding analyses of mouse and human neonatal Fc receptor show dramatic differences in immunoglobulin G and albumin binding. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:4826-36 pubmed publisher..At acidic pH, a 100-fold difference in binding affinity was observed. Specifically, smFcRn(WT) bound human serum albumin with a K(D) of approximately 90 microM, whereas shFcRn(WT) bound mouse serum albumin with a K(D) of 0.8 microM...
- Owen C, Lees E, Grant L, Zimmer D, Mody N, Bence K, et al. Inducible liver-specific knockdown of protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B improves glucose and lipid homeostasis in adult mice. Diabetologia. 2013;56:2286-96 pubmed publisher..Hepatic PTP1B deficiency, using the Alb-Cre promoter to drive Ptp1b deletion from birth in mice, improves glucose homeostasis, insulin sensitivity and ..
- Huebener P, Gwak G, Pradere J, Quinzii C, Friedman R, Lin C, et al. High-mobility group box 1 is dispensable for autophagy, mitochondrial quality control, and organ function in vivo. Cell Metab. 2014;19:539-47 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings suggest that HMGB1 is dispensable for autophagy, mitochondrial quality control, the regulation of gene expression, and organ function in the adult organism. ..
- Petras M. An inherited albumin variant in the house mouse, Mus musculus. Biochem Genet. 1972;7:273-7 pubmed
- Motoyama J, Kitajima K, Kojima M, Kondo S, Takeuchi T. Organogenesis of the liver, thymus and spleen is affected in jumonji mutant mice. Mech Dev. 1997;66:27-37 pubmed..These phenotypes were also observed with C57BL/6J and DBA/2J backgrounds, suggesting that the jmj gene plays an essential role in the organogenesis of these tissues. ..
- Beck L, Leroy C, Beck Cormier S, Forand A, Salaun C, Paris N, et al. The phosphate transporter PiT1 (Slc20a1) revealed as a new essential gene for mouse liver development. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9148 pubmed publisher..This work is the first to illustrate a specific in vivo role for PiT1 by uncovering it as being a critical gene for normal developmental liver growth. ..