Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Akt1
Description: thymoma viral proto-oncogene 1
Alias: Akt, LTR-akt, PKB, PKB/Akt, PKBalpha, Rac, RAC-alpha serine/threonine-protein kinase, AKT1 kinase, Akt1m protein, PKB alpha, RAC-PK-alpha, protein kinase B-alpha, proto-oncogene c-AKT, related to A and C kinases, tumor rejection antigen peptide pRLib
Publications211 found, 100 shown here
- Lifelong accumulation of bone in mice lacking Pten in osteoblastsXimeng Liu
Department of Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:2259-64. 2007..phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K), which enhances cell survival and antagonizes apoptosis through activation of Akt/PKB. This process is negatively regulated by the Pten phosphatase, which inhibits the activity of PI3K...
- Structure, expression and chromosomal mapping of c-akt: relationship to v-akt and its implicationsA Bellacosa
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111
Oncogene 8:745-54. 1993..The mouse c-akt is 90% homologous to human AKT1/RAC at the nucleic acid level and 98% homologous at the amino acid level...
- Akt phosphorylates and regulates Pdcd4 tumor suppressor proteinAlexey Palamarchuk
Comprehensive Cancer Center, Human Cancer Genetics Program, and Department of Molecular Virology, Immunology, and Medical Genetics, Ohio State University School of Medicine, Columbus, 43210, USA
Cancer Res 65:11282-6. 2005..Pdcd4 also suppresses the transactivation of activator protein-1 (AP-1)-responsive promoters by c-Jun. The Akt (protein kinase B) serine/threonine kinase is a key mediator of phosphoinositide 3-kinase pathway involved in the ..
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-Akt pathway plays a critical role in early cardiomyogenesis by regulating canonical Wnt signalingAtsuhiko T Naito
Department of Cardiovascular Science and Medicine, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Circ Res 97:144-51. 2005..Inhibition of the PI3K/Akt pathway suppressed the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway by activation of glycogen synthase kinase-3beta (GSK-3beta) and ..
- Atrophy of S6K1(-/-) skeletal muscle cells reveals distinct mTOR effectors for cell cycle and size controlMickael Ohanna
INSERM, Avenir, U584, Universite Paris 5, Faculte de Medecine Necker Enfants Malades, 156 rue de Vaugirard, Paris, F 75730, France
Nat Cell Biol 7:286-94. 2005The mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) and Akt proteins regulate various steps of muscle development and growth, but the physiological relevance and the downstream effectors are under investigation...
- Akt1/PKBalpha is required for normal growth but dispensable for maintenance of glucose homeostasis in miceH Cho
Department of Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia 19104, USA
J Biol Chem 276:38349-52. 2001..Here we show that mice deficient in another closely related isoform of the kinase, Akt1/PKBalpha, display a conspicuous impairment in organismal growth...
- Activation of the phosphoinositide 3-kinase-Akt-mammalian target of rapamycin signaling pathway is required for metabotropic glutamate receptor-dependent long-term depressionLingfei Hou
Department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Neurosci 24:6352-61. 2004..In this study, we investigated whether the activation of the phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K)-Akt-mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) pathway, which has been shown to regulate translation initiation, is necessary ..
- Phosphoinositide 3-kinase and Akt are essential for Sonic Hedgehog signalingNatalia A Riobo
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 1157 BRBII III, 421 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:4505-10. 2006..Here, we report that phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3-kinase)-dependent Akt activation is essential for Sonic Hedgehog (Shh) signaling in the specification of neuronal fates in chicken neural ..
- Growth retardation and increased apoptosis in mice with homozygous disruption of the Akt1 geneW S Chen
Department of Molecular Genetics, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
Genes Dev 15:2203-8. 2001..Here we report the disruption of the most ubiquitously expressed member of the akt family of genes, akt1, in the mouse. Akt1(-/-) mice are viable but smaller when compared to wild-type littermates...
- OX40 complexes with phosphoinositide 3-kinase and protein kinase B (PKB) to augment TCR-dependent PKB signalingTakanori So
Division of Immune Regulation, La Jolla Institute for Allergy and Immunology, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Immunol 186:3547-55. 2011..For long-lasting immunity, growth and survival signals imparted through the Akt/protein kinase B (PKB) pathway in activated or effector T cells are important, and these can be strongly influenced ..
- Age-dependent accumulation of soluble amyloid beta (Abeta) oligomers reverses the neuroprotective effect of soluble amyloid precursor protein-alpha (sAPP(alpha)) by modulating phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt-GSK-3beta pathway in Alzheimer mouse mSebastian Jimenez
Departamento Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad de Sevilla, 41012 Sevilla, Spain
J Biol Chem 286:18414-25. 2011Neurotrophins, activating the PI3K/Akt signaling pathway, control neuronal survival and plasticity. Alterations in NGF, BDNF, IGF-1, or insulin signaling are implicated in the pathogenesis of Alzheimer disease...
- The deficiency of Akt1 is sufficient to suppress tumor development in Pten+/- miceMei Ling Chen
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60607, USA
Genes Dev 20:1569-74. 2006..Here we showed that the deficiency of Akt1 is sufficient to dramatically inhibit tumor development in Pten+/- mice...
- Identification of a proline-rich Akt substrate as a 14-3-3 binding partnerKristina S Kovacina
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, Stanford University, California 94305 5174, USA
J Biol Chem 278:10189-94. 2003..of an inducible Akt was alone sufficient to stimulate the phosphorylation of PRAS40; and 3) cells lacking Akt1 and Akt2 exhibit a diminished ability to phosphorylate this protein...
- Phosphoinositide (3,4,5)-triphosphate binding to phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 regulates a protein kinase B/Akt signaling threshold that dictates T-cell migration, not proliferationCaryll Waugh
Department of Cell Biology and Immunology, College of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 29:5952-62. 2009..The PDK1 PH domain also is required for the maximal activation of Akt/protein kinase B (PKB) and for the maximal phosphorylation and inactivation of Foxo family transcription factors in T cells...
- Identification of the tuberous sclerosis complex-2 tumor suppressor gene product tuberin as a target of the phosphoinositide 3-kinase/akt pathwayBrendan D Manning
Department of Cell Biology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Mol Cell 10:151-62. 2002..This approach identifies the tuberous sclerosis complex-2 gene product, tuberin, as a potential target of Akt/PKB...
- Protein kinase B alpha/Akt1 regulates placental development and fetal growthZhong Zhou Yang
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Maulbeerstrasse 66, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
J Biol Chem 278:32124-31. 2003b>Protein kinase B alpha (PKB alpha/Akt1) is implicated in the regulation of metabolism, transcription, cell survival, angiogenesis, cell migration, growth, and tumorigenesis...
- Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt pathway is involved in transforming growth factor-beta1-induced phenotypic modulation of 10T1/2 cells to smooth muscle cellsSheng Chieh Lien
Division of Medical Engineering Research, National Health Research Institutes, Miaoli 350, Taiwan, ROC
Cell Signal 18:1270-8. 2006..the role of the mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) superfamily and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt in the TGF-beta1-mediated phenotypic modulation of 10T1/2 mesenchymal cells to SMCs characterized by the expression ..
- Mechano-transduction in osteoblastic cells involves strain-regulated estrogen receptor alpha-mediated control of insulin-like growth factor (IGF) I receptor sensitivity to Ambient IGF, leading to phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/AKT-dependent Wnt/LRP5 receptAndrew Sunters
Department of Veterinary Basic Sciences, Royal Veterinary College, Royal College Street, London NW1 0TU, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 285:8743-58. 2010..of insulin-like growth factor I receptor (IGF-IR), phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-mediated phosphorylation of AKT, inhibition of GSK-3beta, increased activation of beta-catenin, and associated lymphoid-enhancing factor/T cell ..
- Cell surface biliverdin reductase mediates biliverdin-induced anti-inflammatory effects via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and AktBarbara Wegiel
Transplant Institute, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 284:21369-78. 2009..BVR in turn binds to the p85alpha subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and activates downstream signaling to Akt. Using bacterial endotoxin (lipopolysaccharide) to initiate an inflammatory response in macrophages, we find a ..
- Differing roles of Akt and serum- and glucocorticoid-regulated kinase in glucose metabolism, DNA synthesis, and oncogenic activityHideyuki Sakoda
Institute for Adult Diseases, Asahi Life Foundation, 1 9 14 Nishishinjuku, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo 116, Japan
J Biol Chem 278:25802-7. 2003..Serum- and glucocorticoid-regulated kinase (SGK) is a serine kinase that has a catalytic domain homologous to that of Akt, but lacks the pleckstrin homology domain present in Akt...
- Ceramide disables 3-phosphoinositide binding to the pleckstrin homology domain of protein kinase B (PKB)/Akt by a PKCzeta-dependent mechanismDarren J Powell
Division of Molecular Physiology, MRC Protein Phosphorylation Unit, MSI WTB complex, Faculty of Life Sciences, University of Dundee, Dundee DD1 5EH, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 23:7794-808. 2003..that ceramide may regulate these responses by inhibiting the stimulus-mediated activation of protein kinase B (PKB), a key determinant of cell fate and insulin action...
- Regulation of neuron survival through an intersectin-phosphoinositide 3'-kinase C2beta-AKT pathwayMargaret Das
Laboratory of Signal Transduction, Laboratory of Neurobiology, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Department of Health and Human Services, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
Mol Cell Biol 27:7906-17. 2007..3'-kinase C2beta (PI3K-C2beta) as an ITSN binding protein, suggesting that ITSN may regulate a PI3K-C2beta-AKT survival pathway...
- Hyperactivity and enhanced curiosity of mice expressing PKB/SGK-resistant glycogen synthase kinase-3 (GSK-3)Teresa F Ackermann
Department of Physiology I, University of Tuebingen, 72076 Tuebingen, Germany
Cell Physiol Biochem 25:775-86. 2010..GSK-3 is phosphorylated and thus inhibited by protein kinase B (PKB/Akt) and serum and glucocorticoid inducible kinase (SGK) isoforms...
- Hydrogen sulfide and L-cysteine increase phosphatidylinositol 3,4,5-trisphosphate (PIP3) and glucose utilization by inhibiting phosphatase and tensin homolog (PTEN) protein and activating phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K)/serine/threonine protein kinase (APrasenjit Manna
Department of Pediatrics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130, USA
J Biol Chem 286:39848-59. 2011..Both LC and H(2)S treatments caused an increase in phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5 trisphosphate (PIP3), AKT phosphorylation, and glucose utilization in HG-treated cells...
- Roles of disrupted-in-schizophrenia 1-interacting protein girdin in postnatal development of the dentate gyrusAtsushi Enomoto
Department of Pathology, Nagoya University Graduate School of Medicine, 65 Tsurumai Cho, Showa Ku, Nagoya 466 8550, Japan
Neuron 63:774-87. 2009..These findings identify girdin as an intrinsic factor in postnatal development of the DG and provide insights into the critical role of the DISC1/girdin interaction in postnatal neurogenesis in the DG...
- Tobacco carcinogen-induced cellular transformation increases activation of the phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase/Akt pathway in vitro and in vivoKip A West
Cancer Therapeutics Branch, Cell and Cancer Biology Branch, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Cancer Res 64:446-51. 2004The role of the phosphatidylinositol 3'-kinase (PI3K)/Akt pathway during tobacco carcinogen-induced transformation is unknown...
- Global phosphoproteomics identifies a major role for AKT and 14-3-3 in regulating EDC3Mark Larance
Diabetes and Obesity Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, Australia
Mol Cell Proteomics 9:682-94. 2010..and many of the underlying biochemical pathways are regulated via the canonical phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/AKT pathway...
- Heme oxygenase-1 regulates cardiac mitochondrial biogenesis via Nrf2-mediated transcriptional control of nuclear respiratory factor-1Claude A Piantadosi
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Circ Res 103:1232-40. 2008..In cardiac cells, Akt silencing exacerbates doxorubicin-induced apoptosis, and in vivo CO rescues wild-type but not Akt1(-/-) mice from doxorubicin cardiomyopathy...
- Protein kinase B/AKT 1 plays a pivotal role in insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor signaling induced 3T3-L1 adipocyte differentiationJinfei Xu
State Key Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai 200031, China
J Biol Chem 279:35914-22. 2004..insulin-stimulated phosphorylation of forkhead transcription factor (FKHR), which is a downstream molecule of PKB/Akt 1, was blocked...
- Microvascular patterning is controlled by fine-tuning the Akt signalJing Fang Sun
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:128-33. 2005We investigated the functions of Akt during vascular development and remodeling by using an inducible endothelial cell-specific driver of the dominant-active myrAkt...
- Lipoteichoic acid induces nuclear factor-kappaB activation and nitric oxide synthase expression via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, Akt, and p38 MAPK in RAW 264.7 macrophagesShang Jyh Kao
Department of Chest Medicine, Shin Kong Wu Ho Su Memorial Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Immunology 115:366-74. 2005..In this study, we further investigated the roles of tyrosine kinase, phosphatidylinositiol 3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt, and p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) in LTA-induced iNOS expression and NO release in RAW 264...
- A phosphoinositide 3-kinase-AKT-nitric oxide-cGMP signaling pathway in stimulating platelet secretion and aggregationAleksandra Stojanovic
Department of Pharmacology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, 835 South Wolcott Avenue, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
J Biol Chem 281:16333-9. 2006Phosphoinositide 3-kinase (PI3K) and Akt play important roles in platelet activation. However, the downstream mechanisms mediating their functions are unclear...
- ATP stimulates mouse embryonic stem cell proliferation via protein kinase C, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt, and mitogen-activated protein kinase signaling pathwaysJung Sun Heo
Department of Veterinary Physiology, Biotherapy Human Resources Center, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chonnam National University, Gwangju, Korea
Stem Cells 24:2637-48. 2006..ATP phosphorylated Akt and p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs) in a time-dependent manner, and either suramin or reactive ..
- c-Src is required for tropomyosin receptor kinase C (TrkC)-induced activation of the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)-AKT pathwayWook Jin
Laboratory of Cell Regulation and Carcinogenesis, Lee Gil Ya Cancer and Diabetes Institute, Gachon University of Medicine and Science, Incheon 406 840, Korea
J Biol Chem 283:1391-400. 2008..effector pathways, namely the Ras-MAP kinase (MAPK) mitogenic pathway and the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)-AKT pathway mediating cell survival. However, it remains unclear how TrkC activates Ras-Erk1/2 and/or PI3K-Akt cascades...
- Functional interference between glycogen synthase kinase-3 beta and the transcription factor Nrf2 in protection against kainate-induced hippocampal cell deathAna I Rojo
Instituto de Investigaciones Biomédicas Alberto Sols UAM CSIC, Departamento de Bioquimica, and Centro de Investigación Biomédica en Red en Enfermedades Neurodegenerativas CIBERNED, Facultad de Medicina, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Mol Cell Neurosci 39:125-32. 2008..In the hippocampus of mice intraperitoneally injected with kainate we observed a rapid activation of Akt, inhibition of GSK-3beta and translocation of Nrf2 to the nucleus, but after 4 h Akt was inactive, GSK-3beta was ..
- 14-3-3beta-Rac1-p21 activated kinase signaling regulates Akt1-mediated cytoskeletal organization, lamellipodia formation and fibronectin matrix assemblyPayaningal R Somanath
Joseph J Jacobs Center for Thrombosis and Vascular Biology, Department of Molecular Cardiology, Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
J Cell Physiol 218:394-404. 2009b>Akt1 belongs to the three-gene Akt family and functions as a serine-threonine kinase regulating phosphorylation of an array of substrates and mediating cellular processes such as cell migration, proliferation, survival, and cell cycle...
- Absence of Akt1 reduces vascular smooth muscle cell migration and survival and induces features of plaque vulnerability and cardiac dysfunction during atherosclerosisCarlos Fernandez-Hernando
Department of Pharmacology and Vascular Biology and Therapeutics Program, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 29:2033-40. 2009Deletion of Akt1 leads to severe atherosclerosis and occlusive coronary artery disease...
- IGF-1 prevents ANG II-induced skeletal muscle atrophy via Akt- and Foxo-dependent inhibition of the ubiquitin ligase atrogin-1 expressionTadashi Yoshida
Heart and Vascular Institute, Tulane University School of Medicine, 1430 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 298:H1565-70. 2010..Dominant-negative Akt and constitutively active Foxo-1 blocked the ability of IGF-1 to prevent ANG II-mediated upregulation of atrogin-1 ..
- Akt contributes to activation of the TRIF-dependent signaling pathways of TLRs by interacting with TANK-binding kinase 1Sun Myung Joung
School of Life Sciences, Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology, Gwangju, Korea
J Immunol 186:499-507. 2011..We show that Akt is a downstream molecule of TRIF/TANK-binding kinase 1 (TBK1) and plays an important role in the activation of IRF3 ..
- Defects in secretion, aggregation, and thrombus formation in platelets from mice lacking Akt2Donna Woulfe
Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
J Clin Invest 113:441-50. 2004..Two isoforms of Akt were detected in mouse platelets, with expression of Akt2 being greater than Akt1. Deletion of the gene encoding Akt2 impaired platelet aggregation, fibrinogen binding, and granule secretion, ..
- Nuclear targeting of Akt enhances kinase activity and survival of cardiomyocytesIsao Shiraishi
The Children s Hospital Research Foundation, Division of Molecular Cardiovascular Biology Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Circ Res 94:884-91. 2004..Previous studies using membrane-targeted Akt (myristolated-Akt), an enzyme involved in antiapoptotic signaling, showed inhibition of cell death and prevention ..
- Regulation of pancreatic beta-cell growth and survival by the serine/threonine protein kinase Akt1/PKBalphaR L Tuttle
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Nat Med 7:1133-7. 2001..Here we report that overexpression of active Akt1 in the mouse beta cell substantially affects compartment size and function...
- Akt-directed glucose metabolism can prevent Bax conformation change and promote growth factor-independent survivalJeffrey C Rathmell
Department of Cancer Biology, Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:7315-28. 2003The serine/threonine kinase Akt is a component of many receptor signal transduction pathways and can prevent cell death following growth factor withdrawal...
- Akt1 is necessary for the vascular maturation and angiogenesis during cutaneous wound healingPayaningal R Somanath
Departments of Molecular Cardiology, Joseph J Jacobs Center for Thrombosis and Vascular Biology, NB50, Lerner Research Institute, The Cleveland Clinic, 9500 Euclid Ave, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Angiogenesis 11:277-88. 2008Previous in vivo and in vitro studies have shown that Akt1 serves as a crucial regulator of vascular maturation, extracellular matrix composition, and angiogenesis in tumors...
- A G(i) -independent mechanism mediating Akt phosphorylation in plateletsB Xiang
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, The Gill Heart Institute, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
J Thromb Haemost 8:2032-41. 2010The serine-threonine kinase Akt plays an important role in regulating platelet activation. Stimulation of platelets with various agonists results in Akt activation as indicated by Akt phosphorylation...
- beta1 integrin cytoplasmic domain residues selectively modulate fibronectin matrix assembly and cell spreading through talin and Akt-1J Angelo Green
Laboratory of Cell and Developmental Biology, NIDCR, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 284:8148-59. 2009..the beta(1) cytoplasmic domain can regulate cell spreading on fibronectin and fibronectin matrix assembly through Akt- and talin-dependent mechanisms, respectively...
- Insulin-induced up-regulated uncoupling protein-1 expression is mediated by insulin receptor substrate 1 through the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt signaling pathway in fetal brown adipocytesAngela M Valverde
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Centro Mixto Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Cientificas Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Farmacia, Universidad Complutense, Spain
J Biol Chem 278:10221-31. 2003..in the inability of insulin to induce IRS-1-associated phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI 3-kinase) activity and Akt phosphorylation in IRS-1(-/-) brown adipocytes...
- Neurotrophin-3-induced PI-3 kinase/Akt signaling rescues cortical neurons from apoptosisGeraldine Liot
Universite de Caen, CNRS UMR 6551, Centre Cyceron, IFR 47, 14074 Caen Cedex, France
Exp Neurol 187:38-46. 2004..protein kinase/mitogen-activated protein kinase (ERK/MAPK) and phosphatidylinositol-3' (PI-3) kinase/Akt phosphorylation...
- PS1 activates PI3K thus inhibiting GSK-3 activity and tau overphosphorylation: effects of FAD mutationsLia Baki
Department of Psychiatry and Fishberg Research Center for Neurobiology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
EMBO J 23:2586-96. 2004Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K) promotes cell survival and communication by activating its downstream effector Akt kinase...
- Akt determines replicative senescence and oxidative or oncogenic premature senescence and sensitizes cells to oxidative apoptosisVeronique Nogueira
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Genetics, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL 60607, USA
Cancer Cell 14:458-70. 2008b>Akt deficiency causes resistance to replicative senescence, to oxidative stress- and oncogenic Ras-induced premature senescence, and to reactive oxygen species (ROS)-mediated apoptosis...
- The PtdIns 3-kinase/Akt pathway regulates macrophage-mediated ADCC against B cell lymphomaTrupti Joshi
The Ohio State University Biochemistry Program, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e4208. 2009..Our data demonstrate that the PtdIns 3-kinase/Akt pathway is activated during macrophage-induced ADCC and that the inhibition of PtdIns 3-kinase results in the ..
- Akt1 and akt2 play distinct roles in the initiation and metastatic phases of mammary tumor progressionRachelle L Dillon
Goodman Cancer Centre and Department of Biochemistry, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Cancer Res 69:5057-64. 2009..Our previous studies have shown that coexpression of activated Akt1 with activated ErbB2 or polyoma virus middle T antigen uncoupled from the PI3K pathway (PyVmT Y315/322F) ..
- Interaction of Akt-phosphorylated SRPK2 with 14-3-3 mediates cell cycle and cell death in neuronsSung Wuk Jang
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 284:24512-25. 2009..b>Akt phosphorylates SRPK2 on Thr-492 and promotes its nuclear translocation leading to cyclin D1 up-regulation, cell ..
- Mechanisms involved in 3',5'-cyclic adenosine monophosphate-mediated inhibition of the ubiquitin-proteasome system in skeletal muscleDawit A P Gonçalves
Departments of Physiology and Biochemistry and Immunology, School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, 14049 900 Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Endocrinology 150:5395-404. 2009..Moreover, clenbuterol increased the phosphorylation of muscle Akt and Foxo3a in fasted rats. Similar responses were observed in muscles exposed to dibutyryl-cAMP...
- Mechanical regulation of glycogen synthase kinase 3β (GSK3β) in mesenchymal stem cells is dependent on Akt protein serine 473 phosphorylation via mTORC2 proteinNatasha Case
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
J Biol Chem 286:39450-6. 2011..Inhibiting Akt (Akt1/2 kinase inhibitor treatment or Akt knockdown) prevented strain-induced phosphorylation of GSK3β at Ser-9...
- Dual regulation of glycogen synthase kinase 3 (GSK3)α/β by protein kinase C (PKC)α and Akt promotes thrombin-mediated integrin αIIbβ3 activation and granule secretion in plateletsSamantha F Moore
School of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol BS8 1TD, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 288:3918-28. 2013..In contrast, late (2-5 min) GSK3 phosphorylation was dependent on the PI3K/Akt pathway...
- Histone deacetylase 3 suppression increases PH domain and leucine-rich repeat phosphatase (Phlpp)1 expression in chondrocytes to suppress Akt signaling and matrix secretionElizabeth W Bradley
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
J Biol Chem 288:9572-82. 2013..These phenotypes led to the hypothesis that the Akt/mTOR pathway was repressed in these Hdac3-deficient chondrocytes because Akt promotes hypertrophy and matrix ..
- The serine/threonine kinase Pim-2 is a transcriptionally regulated apoptotic inhibitorCasey J Fox
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Genes Dev 17:1841-54. 2003..Pim-2 expression maintained cell size and mitochondrial potential independently of the PI3K/Akt/TOR pathway...
- Cross-talk between the two divergent insulin signaling pathways is revealed by the protein kinase B (Akt)-mediated phosphorylation of adapter protein APS on serine 588Kostas D Katsanakis
Institute of Cell Signaling and School of Biomedical Sciences, University of Nottingham Medical School, UK
J Biol Chem 280:37827-32. 2005..serine phosphorylation of APS was inhibited by a PI3-kinase inhibitor, LY290004, a specific protein kinase B (PKB) inhibitor, deguelin, and knockdown of Akt...
- Cellular survival: a play in three AktsS R Datta
Division of Neuroscience, Children s Hospital and Department of Neurobiology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115 USA
Genes Dev 13:2905-27. 1999
- The luteinizing hormone-releasing hormone inhibits the anti-apoptotic activity of insulin-like growth factor-1 in pituitary alphaT3 cells by protein kinase Calpha-mediated negative regulation of AktAnnabel Rose
Unite de Physiologie de la Reproduction et des Comportements, Institut National de la Recherche Agronomique, 37380 Nouzilly, France
J Biol Chem 279:52500-16. 2004..We found that IGF-1 activated the IGF-1R, insulin receptor substrate (IRS)-1, phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase, and Akt in a time-dependent manner in alphaT3 cells...
- Differential dependence of stretch and shear stress signaling on caveolin-1 in the vascular wallSebastian Albinsson
Vascular Physiology Group, Department of Experimental Medical Science, Lund University, BMC D12, Lund SE 221 84, Sweden
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 294:C271-9. 2008..Portal veins were stretched longitudinally for 5 min (acute) or 72 h (organ culture). Basal ERK1/2 and Akt phosphorylation were increased in organ-cultured KO veins, as were protein synthesis and vessel wall cross sections...
- Vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-1 regulates postnatal angiogenesis through inhibition of the excessive activation of AktJun ichiro Nishi
Department of Cardiovascular Science and Medicine, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Circ Res 103:261-8. 2008..showed an impaired neovascularization in response to ischemia, and this impairment was ameliorated in VEGFR-1(+/-) Akt1(+/-) mice...
- Defect of hepatocyte growth factor activator inhibitor type 1/serine protease inhibitor, Kunitz type 1 (Hai-1/Spint1) leads to ichthyosis-like condition and abnormal hair development in miceKoki Nagaike
Department of Pathology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, Kiyotake, Miyazaki 889 1692, Japan
Am J Pathol 173:1464-75. 2008..The interfollicular epidermis showed acanthosis with enhanced Akt phosphorylation...
- Overexpression of TEAD-1 in transgenic mouse striated muscles produces a slower skeletal muscle contractile phenotypeRichard W Tsika
Department of Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri 65211, USA
J Biol Chem 283:36154-67. 2008..These novel in vivo data support a role for TEAD-1 in modulating slow muscle gene expression...
- Endothelin-1 inhibits thick ascending limb transport via Akt-stimulated nitric oxide productionMarcela Herrera
Hypertension and Vascular Research Division, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
J Biol Chem 284:1454-60. 2009..that endothelin-1 stimulates THAL NO production by activating phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K), stimulating Akt activity, and phosphorylating NOS3 at Ser1177. This enhances NO production and inhibits sodium transport...
- The survival pathways phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase (PI3-K)/phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1)/Akt modulate liver regeneration through hepatocyte size rather than proliferationSanae Haga
Department of Surgery, Hokkaido University School of Medicine, Sapporo, Japan
Hepatology 49:204-14. 2009..As expected, hepatectomy did not induce hepatic Akt-phosphorylation (Thr308) in L-Pdk1KO mice, and post-PH phosphorylation of Akt, mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR),..
- Influence of natriuretic peptide receptor-1 on survival and cardiac hypertrophy during developmentNicola J A Scott
Department of Medicine, University of Otago Christchurch, P O Box 4345, Christchurch, New Zealand
Biochim Biophys Acta 1792:1175-84. 2009..The decreased viability of Npr1(-/-)embryos may result from a combination of cardiomegaly and dysregulated Cx43 protein affecting cardiac contractility...
- Subfertility caused by altered follicular development and oocyte growth in female mice lacking PKB alpha/Akt1Caitlin Brown
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
Biol Reprod 82:246-56. 2010..The majority of ovarian follicles, including the oocytes, undergo atresia through apoptotic cell death. As PKB alpha/Akt1 is known to regulate apoptosis, we asked whether Akt1 functioned in the regulation of folliculogenesis in ..
- Forkhead box O1/pancreatic and duodenal homeobox 1 intracellular translocation is regulated by c-Jun N-terminal kinase and involved in prostaglandin E2-induced pancreatic beta-cell dysfunctionZhuoxian Meng
Key Laboratory of Human Functional Genomics of Jiangsu Province, Jiangsu Diabetes Centre, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing 210029, China
Endocrinology 150:5284-93. 2009..We recently reported that down-regulation of the Akt pathway activity is implicated in PGE(2)-induced pancreatic beta-cell dysfunction...
- Calcium-independent phospholipase A2beta-Akt signaling is involved in lipopolysaccharide-induced NADPH oxidase 1 expression and foam cell formationSun Hye Lee
Aging Associated Vascular Disease Research Center, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, College of Medicine, Yeungnam University, Daegu, South Korea
J Immunol 183:7497-504. 2009..In addition, activation of iPLA(2)beta by LPS caused Akt phosphorylation and was followed by increased Nox1 expression...
- IkappaB kinase epsilon and TANK-binding kinase 1 activate AKT by direct phosphorylationXiaoduo Xie
Department of Pharmacology and Moores Cancer Center, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:6474-9. 2011b>AKT activation requires phosphorylation of the activation loop (T308) by 3-phosphoinositide-dependent protein kinase 1 (PDK1) and the hydrophobic motif (S473) by the mammalian target of rapamycin complex 2 (mTORC2)...
- Akt activity negatively regulates phosphorylation of AMP-activated protein kinase in the heartSuzanne Kovacic
Molecular Cardiology, Whitaker Cardiovascular Institute, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02118 2256, USA
J Biol Chem 278:39422-7. 2003..Transgenic mice overexpressing a constitutively active mutant form of Akt1 displayed decreased phosphorylation of cardiac alpha-AMPK...
- Physiological functions of protein kinase B/AktZ Z Yang
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Maulbeerstrasse 66, CH 4058 Basel, Switzerland
Biochem Soc Trans 32:350-4. 2004..During the past few years, a variety of transgenic and knockout mouse models of PKB (protein kinase B)/Akt have been generated and investigated...
- Functional studies of Akt isoform specificity in skeletal muscle in vivo; maintained insulin sensitivity despite reduced insulin receptor substrate-1 expressionMark E Cleasby
Diabetes and Obesity Program, Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Darlinghurst, New South Wales 2010, Australia
Mol Endocrinol 21:215-28. 2007The phosphoinositide 3-kinase/Akt pathway is thought to be essential for normal insulin action and glucose metabolism in skeletal muscle and has been shown to be dysregulated in insulin resistance...
- Akt1 in osteoblasts and osteoclasts controls bone remodelingNaohiro Kawamura
Department of Sensory and Motor System Medicine, Faculty of Medicine, University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
PLoS ONE 2:e1058. 2007..This study initially showed that the disruption of Akt1, a major Akt in osteoblasts and osteoclasts, in mice led to low-turnover osteopenia through dysfunctions of both ..
- Activation of Akt (protein kinase B) in mammary epithelium provides a critical cell survival signal required for tumor progressionJ Hutchinson
MOBIX, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Mol Cell Biol 21:2203-12. 2001Activation of Akt by the phosphatidylinositol 3'-OH kinase (PI3K) results in the inhibition of proapoptotic signals and the promotion of survival signals (L. P. Kane et al., Curr. Biol. 9:601-604, 1999; G. J. Kops et al...
- Akt1 and Akt2 differently regulate muscle creatine kinase and myogenin gene transcription in insulin-induced differentiation of C2C12 myoblastsSatoru Sumitani
Department of Molecular Medicine, Osaka University Graduate School of Medicine C 4, Suita, Osaka 565 0871, Japan
Endocrinology 143:820-8. 2002..Heterologous expression of Akt1/PKB(alpha) potently suppressed MCK gene transcription without affecting myogenin gene transcription, whereas ..
- Integrin-linked kinase regulates chondrocyte shape and proliferationCarsten Grashoff
Department of Molecular Medicine, Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry, Martinsried, Germany
EMBO Rep 4:432-8. 2003..and kinases, and is thought to stimulate downstream signalling events through phosphorylation of protein kinase B/Akt (Pkb/Akt) and glycogen synthase kinase 3-beta (GSK3-beta)...
- Circulating CXCR4-positive stem/progenitor cells compete for SDF-1-positive niches in bone marrow, muscle and neural tissues: an alternative hypothesis to stem cell plasticityAnna Pituch-Noworolska
Polish American Children s Hospital, Medical College, Jagiellonian University, Cracow, Poland
Folia Histochem Cytobiol 41:13-21. 2003..murine satellite cells (the C2C12 cell line) with SDF-1 and demonstrated the phosphorylation of p42/44 MAPK and AKT serine-threonine kinase in these cells. Moreover, we showed that SDF-1 gradient chemoattracts these cells...
- Activated Akt promotes increased resting T cell size, CD28-independent T cell growth, and development of autoimmunity and lymphomaJeffrey C Rathmell
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, Department of Cancer Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Eur J Immunol 33:2223-32. 2003..Since the phosphatidylinositol-3 phosphate kinase (PI3 K) and Akt (PKB) pathway has been shown in model organisms to regulate both cell size and metabolism, we generated transgenic mice ..
- Akt-1 expression level regulates CNS precursorsAmy D Sinor
Department of Neurobiology and Pittsburgh Cancer Institute, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15261, USA
J Neurosci 24:8531-41. 2004Although most cells in the embryonic mouse cortex express the serine-threonine kinase Akt-1, a small population of progenitors expresses Akt-1 protein at a higher level...
- PKBalpha is required for adipose differentiation of mouse embryonic fibroblastsAnne Baudry
Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research, Maulbeerstr 66, CH 4058, Basel, Switzerland
J Cell Sci 119:889-97. 2006Protein kinase Balpha (PKBalpha) is a key regulator of metabolism, proliferation and differentiation...
- Ras signaling is essential for lens cell proliferation and lens growth during developmentLeike Xie
Department of Ophthalmology, School of Medicine, University of Missouri, Columbia, MO 65212, USA
Dev Biol 298:403-14. 2006..Biochemical analysis indicated that ERK activity, but not Akt activity, was significantly reduced in the dn-Ras transgenic lenses...
- Akt1 ablation inhibits, whereas Akt2 ablation accelerates, the development of mammary adenocarcinomas in mouse mammary tumor virus (MMTV)-ErbB2/neu and MMTV-polyoma middle T transgenic miceIoanna G Maroulakou
Molecular Oncology Research Institute and Department of Pathology, Tufts New England Medical Center, 750 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Cancer Res 67:167-77. 2007..The effects of ablation of Akt1, Akt2, and Akt3 on the induction and the biology of these tumors were dramatically different, with ablation of Akt1 ..
- Flt-1, but not Flk-1 mediates hyperpermeability through activation of the PI3-K/Akt pathwayCarsten Vogel
Max Planck Institute for Heart and Lung Research, Bad Nauheim, Germany
J Cell Physiol 212:236-43. 2007..Hyperpermeability, induced by hypoxia/VEGF, depends on activation of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt (PI3-K/Akt), nitric oxide synthase (NOS) and protein kinase G (PKG)...
- Hsp70/Hsc70 regulates the effect phosphorylation has on stabilizing ataxin-1Nathan D Jorgensen
Graduate Program in Neuroscience, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Neurochem 102:2040-8. 2007..Previous work demonstrated that phosphorylation of mutant ATXN1 at serine 776 (S776), a putative Akt phosphorylation site, is critical for pathogenesis...
- Akt1 and Akt2 are required for alphabeta thymocyte survival and differentiationMarisa M Juntilla
Abramson Family Cancer Research Institute, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 104:12105-10. 2007..In this study, we explore the role of the two Akt isoforms most highly expressed in the thymus, Akt1 and Akt2, in early T cell development...
- Atrogin-1 inhibits Akt-dependent cardiac hypertrophy in mice via ubiquitin-dependent coactivation of Forkhead proteinsHui Hua Li
Carolina Cardiovascular Biology Center, Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7126, USA
J Clin Invest 117:3211-23. 2007..Here we demonstrated that atrogin-1 also disrupted Akt-dependent pathways responsible for physiologic cardiac hypertrophy...
- Impaired liver regeneration in Nrf2 knockout mice: role of ROS-mediated insulin/IGF-1 resistanceTobias A Beyer
Department of Biology, Institute of Cell Biology, ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
EMBO J 27:212-23. 2008..This deficiency impaired the activation of p38 mitogen-activated kinase, Akt kinase and downstream targets after hepatectomy, resulting in enhanced death and delayed proliferation of ..
- Distinct roles of the three Akt isoforms in lactogenic differentiation and involutionIoanna G Maroulakou
Molecular Oncology Research Institute, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Cell Physiol 217:468-77. 2008..As a result, ablation of Akt1 inhibits and ablation of Akt2 accelerates mammary tumor development by both oncogenes, while ablation of Akt3 is ..
- The mammalian target of rapamycin complex 2 controls folding and stability of Akt and protein kinase CValeria Facchinetti
Department of Immunology, The University of Texas, MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
EMBO J 27:1932-43. 2008..we demonstrate that mTOR, SIN1 and rictor, components of mammalian (m)TORC2, are required for phosphorylation of Akt and conventional protein kinase C (PKC) at the turn motif (TM) site...
- Rescuing 3T3-L1 adipocytes from insulin resistance induced by stimulation of Akt-mammalian target of rapamycin/p70 S6 kinase (S6K1) pathway and serine phosphorylation of insulin receptor substrate-1: effect of reduced expression of p85alpha subunit of phoRebecca Adochio
Department of Veterans Affairs, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Endocrinology 150:1165-73. 2009..In this study, we transduced fully differentiated 3T3-L1 adipocytes with a constitutively active myristoylated Akt that led to hyperactivation of mammalian target of rapamycin and p70 S6 kinase (S6K1), increased serine ..
- Protein kinase C-delta and phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase/Akt activate mammalian target of rapamycin to modulate NF-kappaB activation and intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) expression in endothelial cellsMohd Minhajuddin
Department of Pediatrics Neonatology, Lung Biology and Disease Program, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
J Biol Chem 284:4052-61. 2009..of PKC-delta (Pkc-delta(-)(/)(-)), p85alpha and p85beta subunits of the PI3K (p85alpha(-)(/)(-)beta(-)(/)(-)), or Akt1 and Akt2 (Akt1(-)(/)(-)2(-)(/)(-))...
- The kit receptor promotes cell survival via activation of PI 3-kinase and subsequent Akt-mediated phosphorylation of Bad on Ser136P Blume-Jensen
Molecular Biology and Virology Laboratory, Salk Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Curr Biol 8:779-82. 1998..mitogenesis and cell survival, and for activation of the serine/threonine, we found that, in response to SCF Akt became activated and mediated phosphorylation of Bad, a pro-apoptotic molecule, in a PI-3-kinase-dependent manner...
- Protein kinase B/Akt-mediated phosphorylation promotes nuclear exclusion of the winged helix transcription factor FKHR1W H Biggs
The Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, University of California, San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0660, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:7421-6. 1999..Protein kinase B (PKB)/Akt, a key mediator of PI3 kinase signal transduction, phosphorylated recombinant FKHR1 in vitro at threonine-24 and ..
- Protein kinase B regulates T lymphocyte survival, nuclear factor kappaB activation, and Bcl-X(L) levels in vivoR G Jones
Department of Medical Biophysics, Ontario Cancer Institute, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9, Canada
J Exp Med 191:1721-34. 2000The serine/threonine kinase protein kinase B (PKB)/Akt mediates cell survival in a variety of systems...
- Mammary gland involution is delayed by activated Akt in transgenic miceK L Schwertfeger
Program in Molecular Biology, University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, 4200 East Ninth Avenue, Denver, CO 80262, USA
Mol Endocrinol 15:867-81. 2001Activation of the antiapoptotic protein kinase Akt is induced by a number of growth factors that regulate mammary gland development. Akt is expressed during mammary gland development, and expression decreases at the onset of involution...
- Akt/protein kinase B promotes organ growth in transgenic miceTetsuo Shioi
Cardiovascular Division, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:2799-809. 2002..Several biochemical studies have suggested that Akt/protein kinase B is one of the important downstream targets of PI3K...
- A method to identify serine kinase substrates. Akt phosphorylates a novel adipocyte protein with a Rab GTPase-activating protein (GAP) domainSusan Kane
Department of Biochemistry, Dartmouth Medical School, Hanover, New Hampshire 03755, USA
J Biol Chem 277:22115-8. 2002..This method was applied to the identification of substrates for the protein kinase Akt, which specifically phosphorylates the RXRXXS/T motif...
- Essential role of AKT-1/protein kinase B alpha in PTEN-controlled tumorigenesisBangyan Stiles
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Molecular and Medical Pharmacology, UCLA School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California 90095 1735, USA
Mol Cell Biol 22:3842-51. 2002..Activation of AKT is a common event in tumors in which the PTEN gene has been inactivated...
- Human B cell homeostasis in a new transgenic xenochimeraRobert Woodland; Fiscal Year: 2005..Furthermore, These transgenic mice will form the basis of a new test system to study the efficacy of adjuvants and vaccines currently being developed against agents of bioterrorism. ..
- KUPFFER CELLS AND CHEMICAL TOXICITYDebra Laskin; Fiscal Year: 2009..Mechanistic insights derived from these studies may suggest new therapeutic approaches in the treatment of acute liver injury induced by acetaminophen. ..
- ALTERED MECHANICAL LOADS AND SKELETAL MUSCLE PHENOTYPERichard Tsika; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- EXERCISE HYPERTROPHY AND CONTROL OF MYOSIN INDUCTIONRichard Tsika; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Chaperone-mediated signaling in Alzheimer's diseaseChad Dickey; Fiscal Year: 2007..Specifically, we intend to focus on the removal of the proteins once they have already started to accumulate in an effort to reverse the progression of the disease rather than prevent it. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Nitric oxide and mitochondrial biogenesis in sepsisClaude A Piantadosi; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Redox Signaling in Osteoblast DifferentiationNandini Ghosh Choudhury; Fiscal Year: 2009..Our preliminary data provide the first evidence that BMP-2 increases phosphatidylinositol 3 kinase (PI 3 K)/Akt kinase signaling, which regulates osteoblast differentiation...
- IMMUNODEFICIENCIES THAT IMPAIR LYMPHOCYTE SURVIVALRobert Woodland; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding the mechanism of B cell HP will provide new strategies for effecting immune reconstitution in the aged or immunodeficient or following chemotherapy or recovery from lymphotoxic infections. ..
- Age Related Insulin Resistance, Akt/PKB, and Skeletal Muscle ProteolysisThomas Reynolds; Fiscal Year: 2007..A major action of insulin is to suppress skeletal muscle proteolysis, in part, by activating protein kinase B (PKB)...
- REGULATION OF INSULIN-GROWTH FACTOR I EXPRESSIONPeter Rotwein; Fiscal Year: 2002..3. To define the mechanisms by which growth hormone activates IGF-I gene transcription. 4. To characterize the nuclear proteins that bind to the IGF-I gene at the growth hormone-regulated DNAse I hypersensitive site, HS7. ..
- Therapeutic Intervention for TauopathiesChad Dickey; Fiscal Year: 2007..Those compounds with the greatest promise based on in vitro analyses will then be used in animal models for tauopathy that are exclusive to the Mayo Clinic. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Control of IGF-I Gene Transcription in OsteoblastsPeter Rotwein; Fiscal Year: 2007..3. To define mechanisms of termination of hormone-activated IGF-I transcription and down regulation of C/EBPdelta activity in osteoblasts. 4. To evaluate by gene profiling the role of C/EBPdelta in osteoblast biology. ..
- Confocal Microscope for Campus Expansion in the CBH buildingPeter Koulen; Fiscal Year: 2006..The current application will primarily serve eight major groups around principal investigators that are extramurally funded by peer-reviewed grants from different NIH institutes. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Forkhead Transcription Factors in Stem Cell DevelopmentSaghi Ghaffari; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Lacrimal gland function-regulation by calcium signalingPeter Koulen; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- IN VIVO SIGNALING OF THE ERYTHROPOIETIN RECEPTORSaghi Ghaffari; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Leukemia inhibitor factor in skeletal muscle regrowthEspen Spangenburg; Fiscal Year: 2003..Identification of a cytokine and a signaling mechanism that may regulate muscle growth could lead to other counter-measures to ultimately prevent muscle wasting. ..
- Modulation of calcium signaling by presenilin-1Peter Koulen; Fiscal Year: 2003..Thus, potential new targets for treating those devastating conditions affecting the aging population may be identified. ..
- Regulation of Pancreas Development by P13K/Akt SignalingErnesto Bernal Mizrachi; Fiscal Year: 2006..Several lines of evidence suggest that Akt/PKB is an important molecule for the regulation of b-cell mass in adult pancreas...
- Regulation of skeletal alpha actin expression during mu*Espen Spangenburg; Fiscal Year: 2008..The overall goal is to determine the role IGF-I may have in activating transcriptional activity during muscle regrowth. ..
- Lung Injury Protection by Coagulation BlockadeCLAUDE PIANTADOSI; Fiscal Year: 2008..A successfully optimized strategy could greatly attenuate persistence of pulmonary inflammation and facilitate the resolution of human ARDS. ..
- The role of Akt in platelet signaling and thrombosisDonna Woulfe; Fiscal Year: 2008..In the following 3 Specific Aims, this proposal will test the hypothesis that Akt1 and Akt2 play a critical role in the signaling pathways that lead to platelet aggregation and stabilization of the ..