Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Ak1
Description: adenylate kinase 1
Alias: Ak-1, B430205N08Rik, adenylate kinase isoenzyme 1, cytosolic adenylate kinase
- Zhang S, Sandström M, Aydin J, Westerblad H, Wieringa B, Katz A. Activation of glucose transport and AMP-activated protein kinase during muscle contraction in adenylate kinase-1 knockout mice. Acta Physiol (Oxf). 2008;192:413-20 pubmed..37 +/- 10 for AK(-/-) muscles; the activity in the AK(-/-) muscle is likely accounted for by isoforms other than AK1. In conclusion, AK(-/-) mice have a normal capacity for contraction-mediated glucose uptake...
- Hancock C, Janssen E, Terjung R. Skeletal muscle contractile performance and ADP accumulation in adenylate kinase-deficient mice. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2005;288:C1287-97 pubmed..isometric tetanic contractile performance of the gastrocnemius-plantaris-soleus (GPS) muscle group in situ in AK1(-/-) mice and wild-type (WT) controls over a range of contraction frequencies (30-120 tetani/min)...
- Cao W, Haig Ladewig L, Gerton G, Moss S. Adenylate kinases 1 and 2 are part of the accessory structures in the mouse sperm flagellum. Biol Reprod. 2006;75:492-500 pubmed..We previously identified adenylate kinase 1 and 2 (AK1 and AK2) by mass spectrometry as part of a mouse SDS-insoluble flagellar preparation containing the accessory ..
- Carrasco A, Dzeja P, Alekseev A, Pucar D, Zingman L, Abraham M, et al. Adenylate kinase phosphotransfer communicates cellular energetic signals to ATP-sensitive potassium channels. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:7623-8 pubmed..Assigning a signal processing role to adenylate kinase identifies a phosphorelay mechanism essential for efficient coupling of cellular energetics with K(ATP) channels and associated functions. ..
- Pilz A, Prohaska R, Peters J, Abbott C. Genetic linkage analysis of the Ak1, Col5a1, Epb7.2, Fpgs, Grp78, Pbx3, and Notch1 genes in the region of mouse chromosome 2 homologous to human chromosome 9q. Genomics. 1994;21:104-9 pubmedThe genes for adenylate kinase-1 (AK1), folyl polyglutamate synthetase (FPGS), the collagen pro alpha 1(V) chain (COL5A1), erythrocyte protein band 7...
- Stallings R, Siciliano M. Confirmational, provisional, and/or regional assignment of 15 enzyme loci onto Chinese hamster autosomes 1, 2, and 7. Somatic Cell Genet. 1981;7:683-98 pubmed..The assignments provide markers for the study of the genetic consequences of chromosomal rearrangements in Chinese hamster cell lines and support the concept of conservation of mammalian autosomal linkage groups. ..
- Yegutkin G, Wieringa B, Robson S, Jalkanen S. Metabolism of circulating ADP in the bloodstream is mediated via integrated actions of soluble adenylate kinase-1 and NTPDase1/CD39 activities. FASEB J. 2012;26:3875-83 pubmed publisher..This phosphotransfer reaction was diminished markedly in serum from knockout mice lacking the major AK isoform, AK1, and in human serum immunodepleted of AK1...
- Guo L, Stripay J, Zhang X, Collage R, Hulver M, Carchman E, et al. CaMKI? regulates AMP kinase-dependent, TORC-1-independent autophagy during lipopolysaccharide-induced acute lung neutrophilic inflammation. J Immunol. 2013;190:3620-8 pubmed publisher..These mechanisms appear to be operant in vivo in orchestrating LPS-induced lung neutrophil recruitment and inflammation. ..
- Kuiper J, van Horssen R, Oerlemans F, Peters W, van Dommelen M, te Lindert M, et al. Local ATP generation by brain-type creatine kinase (CK-B) facilitates cell motility. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5030 pubmed publisher..Our results provide evidence that local cytoskeletal dynamics during cell motility is coupled to on-site availability of ATP generated by CK-B. ..
- Dzeja P, Bast P, Pucar D, Wieringa B, Terzic A. Defective metabolic signaling in adenylate kinase AK1 gene knock-out hearts compromises post-ischemic coronary reflow. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:31366-72 pubmed..Here, knock out of the major adenylate kinase isoform, AK1, disrupted the synchrony between inorganic phosphate P(i) turnover at ATP-consuming sites and gamma-ATP exchange at ..
- Matsuura S, Igarashi M, Tanizawa Y, Yamada M, Kishi F, Kajii T, et al. Human adenylate kinase deficiency associated with hemolytic anemia. A single base substitution affecting solubility and catalytic activity of the cytosolic adenylate kinase. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:10148-55 pubmed..To determine the molecular basis of this disorder, we first cloned the normal gene encoding human cytosolic adenylate kinase (AK1) and determined the structure. The gene was 12 kilobase pairs long and was split into 7 exons...
- Ge Y, Molloy M, Chamberlain J, Andrews P. Proteomic analysis of mdx skeletal muscle: Great reduction of adenylate kinase 1 expression and enzymatic activity. Proteomics. 2003;3:1895-903 pubmed..Among these altered proteins, adenylate kinase 1 (AK 1) was particular interesting because its decrease in abundance was so dramatic (> four-fold)...
- Janssen E, de Groof A, Wijers M, Fransen J, Dzeja P, Terzic A, et al. Adenylate kinase 1 deficiency induces molecular and structural adaptations to support muscle energy metabolism. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:12937-45 pubmedGenetic ablation of adenylate kinase 1 (AK1), a member of the AK family of phosphotransfer enzymes, disturbs muscle energetic economy and decreases tolerance to metabolic stress, despite rearrangements in alternative high energy ..
- Makarchikov A, Wins P, Janssen E, Wieringa B, Grisar T, Bettendorff L. Adenylate kinase 1 knockout mice have normal thiamine triphosphate levels. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2002;1592:117-21 pubmed..However, other data suggest that, at least in skeletal muscle, adenylate kinase 1 (AK1) is responsible for ThTP synthesis...
- Pucar D, Janssen E, Dzeja P, Juranic N, Macura S, Wieringa B, et al. Compromised energetics in the adenylate kinase AK1 gene knockout heart under metabolic stress. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:41424-9 pubmed..In hearts with a null mutation of the AK1 gene, which encodes the major AK isoform, total AK activity and beta-phosphoryl transfer was reduced by 94% and 36%,..
- Schafer R, Doehmer J, Rademacher I, Willecke K. Assignment of the gene for cytoplasmic glutamate-oxaloacetate transaminase to mouse chromosome 19 using chinese hamster x mouse somatic cell hybrids. Somatic Cell Genet. 1980;6:709-17 pubmed..The appearance of a heteropolymeric band in hybrid cells expressing mouse GOT-1 suggests that this enzyme molecule is probably composed of two subunits. ..
- Cox D, Sawicki J, Yee D, Appella E, Epstein C. Assignment of the gene for beta 2-microglobulin (B2m) to mouse chromosome 2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1982;79:1930-4 pubmed..These results demonstrate that, in the mouse, as in man, B2m is not linked to the major histocompatibility or immunoglobulin loci. ..
- Satoh H, Yoshida M. Gene mapping in the Chinese hamster and conservation of syntenic groups and Q-band homologies between Chinese hamster and mouse chromosomes. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1985;39:285-91 pubmed..The locations of the following loci were confirmed: ESD, NP, and PEPB on chromosome 1, ME1 and MPI on chromosome 4, AK1 on chromosome 6, and GPI and PEPD on chromosome 9...
- Francke U, Lalley P, Moss W, Ivy J, Minna J. Gene mapping in Mus musculus by interspecific cell hybridization: assignment of the genes for tripeptidase-1 to chromosome 10, dipeptidase-2 to chromosome 18, acid phosphatase-1 to chromosome 12, and adenylate kinase-1 to chromosome 2. Cytogenet Cell Genet. 1977;19:57-84 pubmed..Striking examples of norandom segregation of mouse chromosomes were observed in these hybrids with preferential retention of 15 and segregation of 11 and the Y chromosome. ..
- Hancock C, Brault J, Wiseman R, Terjung R, Meyer R. 31P-NMR observation of free ADP during fatiguing, repetitive contractions of murine skeletal muscle lacking AK1. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2005;288:C1298-304 pubmed..To do this we examined the high-energy phosphates of the gastrocnemius muscle in the knockout mouse with AK1(-/-) and wild-type (WT) control muscle over the course of 64 rapid (2/s) isometric tetanic contractions...
- Hancock C, Janssen E, Terjung R. Contraction-mediated phosphorylation of AMPK is lower in skeletal muscle of adenylate kinase-deficient mice. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2006;100:406-13 pubmed..We tested whether activation of AMPK would be altered during contractions in adenylate kinase (AK) 1-deficient (AK1-/-) mice, because they have a reduced capacity to form AMP...
- Malas S, Pilz A, Lalley P, Pate L, Stephenson D, Abbott C. The isolation and mapping of PCR markers specific to mouse Chromosome 2. Mamm Genome. 1996;7:145-8 pubmed
- Kasahara M, Hayashi M, Tanaka K, Inoko H, Sugaya K, Ikemura T, et al. Chromosomal localization of the proteasome Z subunit gene reveals an ancient chromosomal duplication involving the major histocompatibility complex. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:9096-101 pubmed..3 and 9q33-q34). These observations have implications in understanding the genomic organization of the present-day MHC and offer insights into the origin of the MHC. ..
- Fournier R, Moran R. Complementation mapping in microcell hybrids: localization of Fpgs and Ak-1 on Mus musculus chromosome 2. Somatic Cell Genet. 1983;9:69-84 pubmed..Eight of 20 clones analyzed retained deletion chromosomes derived from mouse chromosome 2. These clones were used to localize murine Fpgs and Ak-1 to a region of this chromosome, namely 2 (cen leads to Cl). ..
- Vadnais M, Cao W, Aghajanian H, Haig Ladewig L, Lin A, Al Alao O, et al. Adenine nucleotide metabolism and a role for AMP in modulating flagellar waveforms in mouse sperm. Biol Reprod. 2014;90:128 pubmed publisher..In addition to AK1 and AK2, which we previously demonstrated are present in outer dense fibers and mitochondrial sheath of the mouse ..