Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Agtrap
Description: angiotensin II, type I receptor-associated protein
Alias: 3300002E14Rik, AT1R, Atrap, D4Wsu124e, type-1 angiotensin II receptor-associated protein, AT1 receptor-associated protein
- Li N, Wang H, Han Q, Li W, Zhang Y, Du J, et al. Activation of the cardiac proteasome promotes angiotension II-induced hypertrophy by down-regulation of ATRAP. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2015;79:303-14 pubmed publisher..effects were associated with the inhibition of degradation of angiotensin II type 1 receptor-associated protein (ATRAP) and inactivation of AT1R-mediated p38 MAPK and STAT3 signaling pathways...
- Matsuda M, Tamura K, Wakui H, Maeda A, Ohsawa M, Kanaoka T, et al. Upstream stimulatory factors 1 and 2 mediate the transcription of angiotensin II binding and inhibitory protein. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:19238-49 pubmed publisherThe angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1R)-associated protein (ATRAP/Agtrap) promotes constitutive internalization of the AT1R so as to specifically inhibit the pathological activation of its downstream signaling yet preserve the base-line ..
- Barro Soria R, Stindl J, Müller C, Foeckler R, Todorov V, Castrop H, et al. Angiotensin-2-mediated Ca2+ signaling in the retinal pigment epithelium: role of angiotensin-receptor-associated-protein and TRPV2 channel. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49624 pubmed publisher..The retinal pigment epithelium (RPE) expresses ATR in its AT1R form, angiotensin-receptor-associated protein (Atrap), and transient-receptor-potential channel-V2 (TRPV2)...
- Nguyen Dinh Cat A, Briones A, Callera G, Yogi A, He Y, Montezano A, et al. Adipocyte-derived factors regulate vascular smooth muscle cells through mineralocorticoid and glucocorticoid receptors. Hypertension. 2011;58:479-88 pubmed publisher..Such cross-talk between adipocytes and VSMCs may provide a potential molecular mechanism linking renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system, adipocytes, and vascular function. ..
- Yang L, Yang Z, Guo R, Ye J, Liu H. Angiotensin II induces extracellular matrix metalloproteinase inducer expression via an AT1R dependent pathway in aortic atherosclerotic plaque in apolipoprotein E knockout mice. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2012;13:67-75 pubmed publisher..Ang II up-regulated EMMPRIN expression in atherosclerotic plaque via AT1R, and valsartan could inhibit the effect of Ang II.
- Bandow K, Nishikawa Y, Ohnishi T, Kakimoto K, Soejima K, Iwabuchi S, et al. Low-intensity pulsed ultrasound (LIPUS) induces RANKL, MCP-1, and MIP-1beta expression in osteoblasts through the angiotensin II type 1 receptor. J Cell Physiol. 2007;211:392-8 pubmed..Thus, AT1 may play one of the essential roles in bone metabolism as a mechanoreceptor of osteoblasts. ..
- Wyse B, Prior I, Qian H, Morrow I, Nixon S, Muncke C, et al. Caveolin interacts with the angiotensin II type 1 receptor during exocytic transport but not at the plasma membrane. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:23738-46 pubmed..Caveolin therefore acts as a molecular chaperone rather than a plasma membrane scaffold for AT1-R. ..
- Fukuda D, Sata M, Ishizaka N, Nagai R. Critical role of bone marrow angiotensin II type 1 receptor in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E deficient mice. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2008;28:90-6 pubmedIt is suggested that the angiotensin II (Ang II)-Ang II type 1 receptor (AT1R) pathway plays a pivotal role in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. Recently, bone marrow (BM) cells were reported to express AT1R...
- Vellaichamy E, Zhao D, Somanna N, Pandey K. Genetic disruption of guanylyl cyclase/natriuretic peptide receptor-A upregulates ACE and AT1 receptor gene expression and signaling: role in cardiac hypertrophy. Physiol Genomics. 2007;31:193-202 pubmed..The results of the present study indicate that disruption of NPRA/cGMP signaling leads to the augmented expression of cardiac RAS pathways that promote the development of cardiac hypertrophy and remodeling. ..
- Günther S, Baba H, Hauptmann S, Holzhausen H, Grossmann C, Punkt K, et al. Losartan reduces mortality in a genetic model of heart failure. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2010;382:265-78 pubmed publisher..These results imply that the angiotensin II receptor (type 1) contributes to heart failure due to CSQ overexpression, as its blockade improved survival. ..
- Patzak A, Lai E, Mrowka R, Steege A, Persson P, Persson A. AT1 receptors mediate angiotensin II-induced release of nitric oxide in afferent arterioles. Kidney Int. 2004;66:1949-58 pubmed..Thus, Ang II balances its own constrictor action in Af. This control mechanism is very important in view of high renin and angiotensin II concentration in the juxtaglomerular apparatus. ..
- Taguchi K, Kobayashi T, Takenouchi Y, Matsumoto T, Kamata K. Angiotensin II causes endothelial dysfunction via the GRK2/Akt/eNOS pathway in aortas from a murine type 2 diabetic model. Pharmacol Res. 2011;64:535-46 pubmed publisher..Inhibitors of GRK2 warrant further investigation as potential new therapeutic agents in diabetes. ..
- Uneda K, Wakui H, Maeda A, Azushima K, Kobayashi R, Haku S, et al. Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor-Associated Protein Regulates Kidney Aging and Lifespan Independent of Angiotensin. J Am Heart Assoc. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1R)-associated protein (ATRAP), which was originally identified as a molecule that binds to AT1R, is highly expressed in the kidney...
- Castro C, Santos R, Ferreira A, Bader M, Alenina N, Almeida A. Evidence for a functional interaction of the angiotensin-(1-7) receptor Mas with AT1 and AT2 receptors in the mouse heart. Hypertension. 2005;46:937-42 pubmed
- Iosipiv I, Schroeder M. A role for angiotensin II AT1 receptors in ureteric bud cell branching. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2003;285:F199-207 pubmed..The presence of Ao in the stroma and AT1 on UB cells supports the notion that cross talk between stroma and epithelial cells is crucial to epithelial branching morphogenesis in the developing kidney. ..
- Villapol S, Balarezo M, Affram K, Saavedra J, Symes A. Neurorestoration after traumatic brain injury through angiotensin II receptor blockage. Brain. 2015;138:3299-315 pubmed publisher..Drugs that block angiotensin II type 1 receptors (AT1R, encoded by AGTR1) (ARBs or sartans) are strongly neuroprotective, neurorestorative and anti-inflammatory...
- Chen Y, Liu Stratton Y, Hassanain H, Cool D, Morris M. Dietary sodium regulates angiotensin AT1a and AT1b mRNA expression in mouse brain. Exp Neurol. 2004;188:238-45 pubmed..Results document that both AT1 receptor subtypes are present in mouse hypothalamus, brainstem and anterior pituitary, and that there is differential regulation of expression in response to changes in dietary salt. ..
- Toko H, Oka T, Zou Y, Sakamoto M, Mizukami M, Sano M, et al. Angiotensin II type 1a receptor mediates doxorubicin-induced cardiomyopathy. Hypertens Res. 2002;25:597-603 pubmed..We conclude that the AT1-mediated Ang II signaling pathway plays an important role in DOX-induced cardiac impairment, suggesting that an AT1 antagonist can be used to prevent DOX-induced cardiomyopathy. ..
- Min L, Mogi M, Tamura K, Iwanami J, Sakata A, Fujita T, et al. Angiotensin II type 1 receptor-associated protein prevents vascular smooth muscle cell senescence via inactivation of calcineurin/nuclear factor of activated T cells pathway. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2009;47:798-809 pubmed publisher..AT(1) receptor-associated protein (ATRAP) has been reported to reduce AT(1) receptor signaling with enhancement of AT(1) receptor internalization and to ..
- Madsen K, Marcussen N, Pedersen M, Kjaersgaard G, Facemire C, Coffman T, et al. Angiotensin II promotes development of the renal microcirculation through AT1 receptors. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010;21:448-59 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data demonstrate that angiotensin II promotes postnatal expansion of postglomerular capillaries and organization of vasa recta bundles, which are necessary for development of normal renal blood flow. ..
- Gao J, Chao J, Parbhu K, Yu L, Xiao L, Gao F, et al. Ontogeny of angiotensin type 2 and type 1 receptor expression in mice. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2012;13:341-52 pubmed publisherIn the current experiment, we determined angiotensin type 2 receptor (AT2R) and angiotensin type 1 receptor (AT1R) protein expression by western blot analysis in developing normal mice...
- Hercule H, Tank J, Plehm R, Wellner M, da Costa Goncalves A, Gollasch M, et al. Regulator of G protein signalling 2 ameliorates angiotensin II-induced hypertension in mice. Exp Physiol. 2007;92:1014-22 pubmed..Our findings suggest that RGS2 deletion promotes Ang II-dependent hypertension primarily through an increase of myogenic tone and vasoreactivity, probably by sensitization of AT(1) receptors. ..
- Shen B, Harrison Bernard L, Fuller A, Vanderpool V, Saifudeen Z, El Dahr S. The Bradykinin B2 receptor gene is a target of angiotensin II type 1 receptor signaling. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2007;18:1140-9 pubmed..It is concluded that BdkrB2 is a downstream target of the AT(1)R-CREB signaling pathway. Transcriptional regulation represents a novel form of cross-talk between GPCR that link the renin-angiotensin and kallikrein-kinin systems. ..
- Okada H, Inoue T, Kikuta T, Watanabe Y, Kanno Y, Ban S, et al. A possible anti-inflammatory role of angiotensin II type 2 receptor in immune-mediated glomerulonephritis during type 1 receptor blockade. Am J Pathol. 2006;169:1577-89 pubmedWe previously reported that angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1R) blockade attenuates renal inflammation/fibrogenesis in immune-mediated glomerulonephritis via angiotensin II type 2 receptor (AT2R)...
- De Paolis P, Porcellini A, Savoia C, Lombardi A, Gigante B, Frati G, et al. Functional cross-talk between angiotensin II and epidermal growth factor receptors in NIH3T3 fibroblasts. J Hypertens. 2002;20:693-9 pubmedThe main angiotensin (Ang) II subtype receptors (AT1R and AT2R) are involved in cellular growth processes and exert functionally antagonistic effects...
- Akishita M, Yamada H, Dzau V, Horiuchi M. Increased vasoconstrictor response of the mouse lacking angiotensin II type 2 receptor. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1999;261:345-9 pubmed..These data suggest that the AT2 receptor modulates vascular contractility, which may influence blood pressure. ..
- Ohki K, Wakui H, Azushima K, Uneda K, Haku S, Kobayashi R, et al. ATRAP Expression in Brown Adipose Tissue Does Not Influence the Development of Diet-Induced Metabolic Disorders in Mice. Int J Mol Sci. 2017;18: pubmed publisher..In the present study, we newly generated ATRAP/Agtrap-floxed (ATRAPfl/fl) mice and adipose tissue-specific ATRAP downregulated (ATRAPadipoq) ..
- Qin Q, Wang J, Yan Y, Jing X, Du J, Deng S, et al. Angiotensin ? induces the differentiation of mouse epicardial progenitor cells into vascular smooth muscle-like cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;480:696-701 pubmed publisher..These results implied that AngII could effectively induce EpiCs to differentiate into vascular smooth muscle-like cells through the AT1 receptor. ..
- Wakui H, Uneda K, Tamura K, Ohsawa M, Azushima K, Kobayashi R, et al. Renal tubule angiotensin II type 1 receptor-associated protein promotes natriuresis and inhibits salt-sensitive blood pressure elevation. J Am Heart Assoc. 2015;4:e001594 pubmed publisherAngiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1R)-associated protein (ATRAP; Agtrap gene) promotes AT1R internalization along with suppression of pathological AT1R activation...
- Keidar S, Heinrich R, Kaplan M, Aviram M. Oxidative stress increases the expression of the angiotensin-II receptor type 1 in mouse peritoneal macrophages. J Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone Syst. 2002;3:24-30 pubmed..This phenomenon can stimulate the interaction of Ang II with macrophages and hence accelerate macrophage foam cell formation and early atherogenesis. ..
- Nishida M, Fujinaka H, Matsusaka T, Price J, Kon V, Fogo A, et al. Absence of angiotensin II type 1 receptor in bone marrow-derived cells is detrimental in the evolution of renal fibrosis. J Clin Invest. 2002;110:1859-68 pubmed..Thus, during urinary tract obstruction, the Agtr1 on bone marrow-derived macrophages functions to preserve the renal parenchymal architecture, and this function depends in part on its modulatory effect on phagocytosis. ..
- Garner K, Li M, Ugwuanya N, Cockcroft S. The phosphatidylinositol transfer protein RdgB? binds 14-3-3 via its unstructured C-terminus, whereas its lipid-binding domain interacts with the integral membrane protein ATRAP (angiotensin II type I receptor-associated protein). Biochem J. 2011;439:97-111 pubmed publisher..with the integral membrane protein ATRAP (angiotensin II type I receptor-associated protein; also known as AGTRAP) causing membrane recruitment...
- Zhou N, Li L, Wu J, Gong H, Niu Y, Sun A, et al. Mechanical stress-evoked but angiotensin II-independent activation of angiotensin II type 1 receptor induces cardiac hypertrophy through calcineurin pathway. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2010;397:263-9 pubmed publisher..These findings collectively suggest that mechanical stress-evoked but AngII-independent activation of AT(1) receptor induces cardiac hypertrophy through calcineurin pathway. ..
- Nelson C, Hunter R, Quigley L, Girgenrath S, Weber W, McCullough J, et al. Inhibiting TGF-? activity improves respiratory function in mdx mice. Am J Pathol. 2011;178:2611-21 pubmed publisher..For all endpoints, 1D11 was equivalent or superior to losartan; coadministration of the two agents was not superior to 1D11 alone. In conclusion, TGF-? antagonism may be a useful therapeutic approach for treating DMD patients. ..
- Hiyoshi H, Yayama K, Takano M, Okamoto H. Stimulation of cyclic GMP production via AT2 and B2 receptors in the pressure-overloaded aorta after banding. Hypertension. 2004;43:1258-63 pubmed
- Kobayashi R, Wakui H, Azushima K, Uneda K, Haku S, Ohki K, et al. An angiotensin II type 1 receptor binding molecule has a critical role in hypertension in a chronic kidney disease model. Kidney Int. 2017;91:1115-1125 pubmed publisherAngiotensin II type 1 receptor-associated protein (ATRAP) promotes AT1R internalization along with suppression of hyperactivation of tissue AT1R signaling...
- Wang W, Huang Y, Zhou Z, Tang R, Zhao W, Zeng L, et al. Identification and characterization of AGTRAP, a human homolog of murine Angiotensin II Receptor-Associated Protein (Agtrap). Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2002;34:93-102 pubmed..The murine Angiotensin II Receptor-Associated Protein (Agtrap) is a new member of them...
- Wassmann S, Czech T, van Eickels M, Fleming I, Bohm M, Nickenig G. Inhibition of diet-induced atherosclerosis and endothelial dysfunction in apolipoprotein E/angiotensin II type 1A receptor double-knockout mice. Circulation. 2004;110:3062-7 pubmed..These results indicate a fundamental role of AT1 receptor activation in atherogenesis. ..
- Nomura M, Nishii H, Ozaki Y, Fujimoto N, Matsumoto T. An angiotensin II receptor blocker increases sexual behavior in type 2 diabetic mice. Physiol Behav. 2007;91:223-8 pubmed
- Azushima K, Ohki K, Wakui H, Uneda K, Haku S, Kobayashi R, et al. Adipocyte-Specific Enhancement of Angiotensin II Type 1 Receptor-Associated Protein Ameliorates Diet-Induced Visceral Obesity and Insulin Resistance. J Am Heart Assoc. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..We have shown that the AT1R-associated protein (ATRAP) promotes AT1R internalization from the cell surface into cytoplasm along with the suppression of overactivation ..
- Kaplan M, Aviram M, Knopf C, Keidar S. Angiotensin II reduces macrophage cholesterol efflux: a role for the AT-1 receptor but not for the ABC1 transporter. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;290:1529-34 pubmed..We thus conclude that Ang-II atherogenicity may be related, at least in part, to its inhibitory effect on macrophage cholesterol efflux, thus leading to cellular cholesterol accumulation, the hallmark of early atherogenesis...
- Rozenfeld R, Gupta A, Gagnidze K, Lim M, Gomes I, Lee Ramos D, et al. AT1R-CB?R heteromerization reveals a new mechanism for the pathogenic properties of angiotensin II. EMBO J. 2011;30:2350-63 pubmed publisher..mechanism of signal integration between the G?i-coupled type I cannabinoid receptor (CB(1)R) and the G?q-coupled AT1R. We find that these two receptors functionally interact, resulting in the potentiation of AT1R signalling and ..
- Wakui H, Tamura K, Masuda S, Tsurumi Ikeya Y, Fujita M, Maeda A, et al. Enhanced angiotensin receptor-associated protein in renal tubule suppresses angiotensin-dependent hypertension. Hypertension. 2013;61:1203-10 pubmed publisherWe have previously shown that angiotensin II type 1 receptor-associated protein (ATRAP/Agtrap) interacts with the angiotensin II type 1 receptor and promotes constitutive internalization of the receptor so as to inhibit the pathological ..
- Wang L, Flannery P, Spurney R. Characterization of angiotensin II-receptor subtypes in podocytes. J Lab Clin Med. 2003;142:313-21 pubmed..We speculate that activation of podocyte Ang II receptors contributes to glomerular damage in disease states. ..
- Wakui H, Dejima T, Tamura K, Uneda K, Azuma K, Maeda A, et al. Activation of angiotensin II type 1 receptor-associated protein exerts an inhibitory effect on vascular hypertrophy and oxidative stress in angiotensin II-mediated hypertension. Cardiovasc Res. 2013;100:511-9 pubmed publisher..We have shown that the AT1R-associated protein (ATRAP/Agtrap), a specific binding protein of AT1R, functions as an endogenous inhibitor to prevent pathological activation of ..
- Maeda A, Tamura K, Wakui H, Dejima T, Ohsawa M, Azushima K, et al. Angiotensin receptor-binding protein ATRAP/Agtrap inhibits metabolic dysfunction with visceral obesity. J Am Heart Assoc. 2013;2:e000312 pubmed publisher..report that adipose tissues from patients and mice with metabolic disorders exhibit decreased expression of ATRAP/Agtrap, which is a specific binding modulator of the angiotensin II type 1 receptor, despite its abundant expression in ..
- Herradon G, Ezquerra L, Nguyen T, Vogt T, Bronson R, Silos Santiago I, et al. Pleiotrophin is an important regulator of the renin-angiotensin system in mouse aorta. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;324:1041-7 pubmed
- Nishimura A, Sunggip C, Tozaki Saitoh H, Shimauchi T, Numaga Tomita T, Hirano K, et al. Purinergic P2Y6 receptors heterodimerize with angiotensin AT1 receptors to promote angiotensin II-induced hypertension. Sci Signal. 2016;9:ra7 pubmed publisherThe angiotensin (Ang) type 1 receptor (AT1R) promotes functional and structural integrity of the arterial wall to contribute to vascular homeostasis, but this receptor also promotes hypertension...
- Mederle K, Gess B, Pluteanu F, Plackic J, Tiefenbach K, Grill A, et al. The angiotensin receptor-associated protein Atrap is a stimulator of the cardiac Ca2+-ATPase SERCA2a. Cardiovasc Res. 2016;110:359-70 pubmed publisherThe angiotensin II type 1 receptor-associated protein (Atrap) is highly expressed in the heart, but its function in the heart is unknown. We hypothesized that cardiac Atrap may interact with proteins other than the AT1 receptor...
- Wassmann S, Stumpf M, Strehlow K, Schmid A, Schieffer B, Bohm M, et al. Interleukin-6 induces oxidative stress and endothelial dysfunction by overexpression of the angiotensin II type 1 receptor. Circ Res. 2004;94:534-41 pubmed..This interaction of the proinflammatory cytokine IL-6 with the renin-angiotensin system may represent an important pathogenetic mechanism in the atherosclerotic process. ..
- Yue H, Li W, Desnoyer R, Karnik S. Role of nuclear unphosphorylated STAT3 in angiotensin II type 1 receptor-induced cardiac hypertrophy. Cardiovasc Res. 2010;85:90-9 pubmed publisher..In angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1R) transgenic mice (TG), we found a significant increase of mRNA and total STAT3 (T-STAT3) protein, but not STAT3 ..
- Sano H, Hosokawa K, Kidoya H, Takakura N. Negative regulation of VEGF-induced vascular leakage by blockade of angiotensin II type 1 receptor. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2006;26:2673-80 pubmed..We showed that VEGF-mediated vascular hyperpermeability was suppressed in mice given AII type 1 receptor (AT1R) blocker (ARB); the effect was also seen in AT1R-deficient mice...
- Tiyerili V, Zimmer S, Jung S, Wassmann K, Naehle C, Lutjohann D, et al. CB1 receptor inhibition leads to decreased vascular AT1 receptor expression, inhibition of oxidative stress and improved endothelial function. Basic Res Cardiol. 2010;105:465-77 pubmed publisher..This antioxidative effect is associated with improved endothelial function in ApoE-/- mice, indicating beneficial direct vascular effects of CB(1)-R inhibition. ..