Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Agtr1a
Description: angiotensin II receptor, type 1a
Alias: 1810074K20Rik, AG2S, AI551199, AT1, AT1a, AT2R1, AT2R1A, Agtr-1a, Agtr1, Angtr-1a, type-1A angiotensin II receptor, angiotensin II type-1A receptor, angiotensin receptor 1, angiotensin receptor 1a
Publications150 found, 100 shown here
- Angiotensin II attenuates renal cortical cyclooxygenase-2 expressionH F Cheng
Vanderbilt George M O Brien Kidney and Urologic Diseases Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
J Clin Invest 103:953-61. 1999..Mutant mice homozygous for both Agtr1a and Agtr1b null mutations (Agtr1a-/-,Agtr1b-/-) demonstrated large increases in immunoreactive COX-2 expression ..
- Angiotensin II type 1 receptor interaction is an important regulator for the development of pancreatic fibrosis in miceYoshikuni Nagashio
Third Dept of Internal Medicine, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, School of Medicine, 1 1 Iseigaoka, Yahatanishi ku, Kitakyushu 807 8555, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 287:G170-7. 2004....
- A major role for AT1b receptor in mouse mesenteric resistance vessels and its distribution in heart and neuroendocrine tissuesYingbi Zhou
Davis Heart and Lung Research Institute, College of Medicine and Public Health, The Ohio State University, 375 W12th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 38:693-6. 2005In mice, angiotensin (Ang) II type-1 (AT(1)) receptors exist as AT1a, and AT(1b) subtypes...
- Disruption of the Ang II type 1 receptor promotes longevity in miceAriela Benigni
Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Via Gavazzeni 11, Bergamo, Italy
J Clin Invest 119:524-30. 2009..Here, we show that targeted disruption of the Agtr1a gene that encodes AT1A results in marked prolongation of life span in mice...
- Regulatory roles for APJ, a seven-transmembrane receptor related to angiotensin-type 1 receptor in blood pressure in vivoJunji Ishida
Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance, Institute of Applied Biochemistry, Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, Laboratory Animal Resource Center, University of Tsukuba, Tsukuba, Ibaraki 305 8577, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:26274-9. 2004..These results demonstrate that APJ exerts the hypotensive effect in vivo and plays a counterregulatory role against the pressor action of angiotensin II...
- Angiotensin II-induced upregulation of AT(1) receptor expression: sequential activation of NF-kappaB and Elk-1 in neuronsAmit K Mitra
Department of Cellular and Integrative Physiology, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska, USA
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 299:C561-9. 2010..a cell neuronal model. These data imply a positive feedback mechanism that may impact neuronal discharge sensitivity in response to ANG II...
- Angiotensin II type 1 receptor-mediated reduction of angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 activity in the brain impairs baroreflex function in hypertensive miceHuijing Xia
Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, School of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 1901 Perdido St, P7 1, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Hypertension 53:210-6. 2009..Together, our data suggest that angiotensin II type 1 receptor-mediated ACE2 inhibition impairs baroreflex function and support a critical role for ACE2 in the central regulation of BP and the development of hypertension...
- Tissue-specific changes of type 1 angiotensin II receptor and angiotensin-converting enzyme mRNA in angiotensinogen gene-knockout miceK Tamura
Department of Dermatology, Yokohama City University School of Medicine, Yokohama 236, Japan
J Endocrinol 160:401-8. 1999This study examined whether type 1 angiotensin II receptor (AT1) and angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) mRNAs are regulated during dietary salt loading in angiotensinogen gene-knockout (Atg-/-) mice which are genetically deficient in ..
- Critical role of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 receptor CCR2 on monocytes in hypertension-induced vascular inflammation and remodelingMinako Ishibashi
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka, Japan
Circ Res 94:1203-10. 2004..wild-type mice, Ang II increased CCR2 intensity in circulating monocytes, which was prevented by an Ang II type-1 (AT1) receptor blocker or blunted in AT1 receptor-deficient mice...
- Angiotensin II type 1 receptors and the intestinal microvascular dysfunction induced by ischemia and reperfusionThomas Petnehazy
Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, 71130, USA
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 290:G1203-10. 2006..Upregulation of angiotensin II type 1 receptors (AT1-R) has been implicated in the pathogenesis of conditions associated with oxidative stress...
- Angiotensin II type 1 receptor-EGF receptor cross-talk regulates ureteric bud branching morphogenesisIhor V Yosypiv
Department of Pediatrics, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, SL 37, 1430 Tulane Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:1005-14. 2006..This process depends on tyrosine phosphorylation of the EGFR. Cooperation of AT(1)R and EGFR signaling therefore is important in the development of the renal collecting system...
- Angiotensin II type 1 receptor signaling contributes to platelet-leukocyte-endothelial cell interactions in the cerebral microvasculatureMami Ishikawa
Department of Neurosurgery, Jichi Medical University, 3311 1 Yakushiji, Shimotsuke City, Tochigi, 329 0498 Japan
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 292:H2306-15. 2007....
- Critical role of bone marrow angiotensin II type 1 receptor in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis in apolipoprotein E deficient miceDaiju Fukuda
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Tokyo Graduate School of Medicine, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:90-6. 2008..Recently, bone marrow (BM) cells were reported to express AT1R. Here, we investigated the role of AT1R in BM in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis...
- Functional coupling of angiotensin II type 1 receptor with insulin resistance of energy substrate uptakes in immortalized cardiomyocytes (HL-1 cells)C Alfarano
Department of Preclinical and Clinical Pharmacology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 153:907-14. 2008..To determine whether angiotensin II increases insulin resistance in cardiomyocytes, we studied the effect of angiotensin II on basal and insulin-stimulated transport rate of energy substrates in immortalized cardiomyocytes (HL-1 cells)...
- Angiotensin-(1-7) and the g protein-coupled receptor MAS are key players in renal inflammationVanesa Esteban
Cellular Biology in Renal Diseases Laboratory, Fundacion Jimenez Diaz, Universidad Autonoma Madrid, Madrid, Spain
PLoS ONE 4:e5406. 2009..Therefore, the blockade of the NF-kappaB-activating properties of the receptor Mas could be a new strategy in the therapy of failing kidney...
- Cloning and characterization of ATRAP, a novel protein that interacts with the angiotensin II type 1 receptorL Daviet
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 274:17058-62. 1999..two-hybrid screening of a mouse kidney cDNA library with the carboxyl-terminal cytoplasmic domain of the murine AT1a receptor as a bait, we have isolated a novel protein with a predicted molecular mass of 18 kDa, which we have named ..
- Evidence for the importance of angiotensin II type 1 receptor in ischemia-induced angiogenesisKen Sasaki
The Cardiovascular Research Institute, and Department of Internal Medicine III, Kurume University School of Medicine, Kurume, Japan
J Clin Invest 109:603-11. 2002..WT) mice in response to hindlimb ischemia, whereas these responses were reduced in ATII type 1a receptor knockout (AT1a(-/-)) mice...
- Interleukin-6 induces oxidative stress and endothelial dysfunction by overexpression of the angiotensin II type 1 receptorSven Wassmann
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik, Innere Medizin III, Universitatskliniken des Saarlandes, D 66421 Homburg Saar, Germany
Circ Res 94:534-41. 2004..These effects were completely omitted in AT1 receptor knockout mice (AT1A-/- mice)...
- Roles for host and tumor angiotensin II type 1 receptor in tumor growth and tumor-associated angiogenesisNozomi Imai
Department of Medical Science and Cardiorenal Medicine, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine and School of Medicine, Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
Lab Invest 87:189-98. 2007..in cancer progression using murine Lewis lung carcinoma (LLC) cells, which express AT1 receptor, and AT1a receptor gene-deficient (AT1a-/-) mice...
- Autoantibody from women with preeclampsia induces soluble Fms-like tyrosine kinase-1 production via angiotensin type 1 receptor and calcineurin/nuclear factor of activated T-cells signalingCissy Chenyi Zhou
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Medical School, University of Birmingham, Edgbaston, Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Hypertension 51:1010-9. 2008..These autoantibodies represent potentially important targets for diagnosis and therapeutic intervention...
- Angiotensin II type 1 receptor signaling contributes to synaptophysin degradation and neuronal dysfunction in the diabetic retinaToshihide Kurihara
Laboratory of Retinal Cell Biology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Diabetes 57:2191-8. 2008..The aim of the present study was to show the relationship of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS) with the synaptic vesicle protein synaptophysin and neuronal activity in the diabetic retina...
- Downregulation of Spry-1, an inhibitor of GDNF/Ret, causes angiotensin II-induced ureteric bud branchingIhor V Yosypiv
Section of Pediatric Nephrology, Department of Pediatrics, Hypertension and Renal Center of Excellence, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Kidney Int 74:1287-93. 2008..Enhanced Wnt11 expression induces GDNF in adjacent mesenchyme causing focal bursts of ureteric bud tip cell proliferation, decreased tip cell apoptosis and branching...
- Genetic deletion of the angiotensin-(1-7) receptor Mas leads to glomerular hyperfiltration and microalbuminuriaSérgio V B Pinheiro
Department of Pediatrics, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Kidney Int 75:1184-93. 2009..changes and the renal dysfunction of the knockout mice were associated with an upregulation of angiotensin II AT1 receptor and transforming growth factor-beta mRNA...
- Glomerular type 1 angiotensin receptors augment kidney injury and inflammation in murine autoimmune nephritisSteven D Crowley
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Duke University Medical Center, and Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
J Clin Invest 119:943-53. 2009..autoimmune disease, we generated MRL-Faslpr/lpr (lpr) mice lacking the major murine type 1 angiotensin receptor (AT1A); lpr mice develop a generalized autoimmune disease with glomerulonephritis that resembles SLE...
- Role of nuclear unphosphorylated STAT3 in angiotensin II type 1 receptor-induced cardiac hypertrophyHong Yue
Department of Molecular Cardiology, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Cardiovasc Res 85:90-9. 2010..This study was aimed at discovering a novel gene expression mechanism in heart failure...
- Cloning, characterization, and expression of two angiotensin receptor (AT-1) isoforms from the mouse genomeH Sasamura
Falk Cardiovascular Research Center, Stanford University School of Medicine, California 94305
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 185:253-9. 1992..Because many of the structural differences were in the carboxy terminal putative intracellular domain, we speculate that these isoforms may differ in their regulation, signal transduction, or desensitization mechanisms...
- Differential expression of angiotensin receptor 1A and 1B in mouseJ M Burson
Department of Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City 52242
Am J Physiol 267:E260-7. 1994At least two distinct genes (AT1A and AT1B) encode type 1 angiotensin II (AT1) receptors in rodents...
- Angiotensin AT1B receptor mediates calcium signaling in vascular smooth muscle cells of AT1A receptor-deficient miceZ Zhu
Department of Physiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 27599 7545, USA
Hypertension 31:1171-7. 1998Our studies on angiotensin II receptor subtype 1A (AT1A) knockout mice define how endogenous receptors other than AT1A receptors stimulate changes in cytosolic calcium concentration ([Ca2+]i) in cultured aortic vascular smooth muscle ..
- Pressure overload induces cardiac hypertrophy in angiotensin II type 1A receptor knockout miceK Harada
Department of Medicine III, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, Japan
Circulation 97:1952-9. 1998..in response to mechanical stretch and induces cardiomyocyte hypertrophy through the Ang II type 1 receptor (AT1) in vitro...
- Reduced growth, abnormal kidney structure, and type 2 (AT2) angiotensin receptor-mediated blood pressure regulation in mice lacking both AT1A and AT1B receptors for angiotensin IIM I Oliverio
Duke University and Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Centers, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 95:15496-501. 1998..AT1 receptor, there are two AT1 receptor isoforms in rodents (AT1A and AT1B) that are products of separate genes (Agtr1a and Agtr1b)...
- Guanylyl cyclase-A inhibits angiotensin II type 1A receptor-mediated cardiac remodeling, an endogenous protective mechanism in the heartYuhao Li
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Circulation 106:1722-8. 2002..Angiotensin II (Ang II) type 1A (AT1A), an Ang II receptor, regulates cardiovascular homeostasis oppositely...
- Mechanical stress activates angiotensin II type 1 receptor without the involvement of angiotensin IIYunzeng Zou
Department of Cardiovascular Science and Medicine, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, 1 8 1 Inohana, Chuo Ku, Chiba 260 8670, Japan
Nat Cell Biol 6:499-506. 2004The angiotensin II type 1 (AT1) receptor has a crucial role in load-induced cardiac hypertrophy. Here we show that the AT1 receptor can be activated by mechanical stress through an angiotensin-II-independent mechanism...
- Inhibition of diet-induced atherosclerosis and endothelial dysfunction in apolipoprotein E/angiotensin II type 1A receptor double-knockout miceSven Wassmann
Klinik fur Innere Medizin III, Universitatsklinikum des Saarlandes, Homburg Saar, Germany
Circulation 110:3062-7. 2004Angiotensin II type 1 (AT1) receptor activation is potentially involved in the multifactorial pathogenesis of atherosclerosis.
- Hypercholesterolemia stimulates angiotensin peptide synthesis and contributes to atherosclerosis through the AT1A receptorAlan Daugherty
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Wethington Building, Room 521, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0200, USA
Circulation 110:3849-57. 2004Hypercholesterolemia-induced atherosclerosis is attenuated by either pharmacological antagonism of AT1 receptors or AT1A receptor deficiency...
- The novel angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1R)-associated protein ATRAP downregulates AT1R and ameliorates cardiomyocyte hypertrophyYutaka Tanaka
Department of Medical Science and Cardiorenal Medicine, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, 3 9 Fukuura, Kanazawa Ku, Yokohama 236 0004, Japan
FEBS Lett 579:1579-86. 2005..These results indicate that ATRAP significantly promotes downregulation of the AT1R and further attenuates certain Ang II-mediated hypertrophic responses in cardiomyocytes...
- Distinct roles for the kidney and systemic tissues in blood pressure regulation by the renin-angiotensin systemSteven D Crowley
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Duke University and Durham VA Medical Centers, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
J Clin Invest 115:1092-9. 2005..Thus, the regulation of blood pressure by the RAS is mediated by AT(1) receptors both within and outside the kidney...
- Persistent cardiac aldosterone synthesis in angiotensin II type 1A receptor-knockout mice after myocardial infarctionJun Katada
Pfizer KEIO Research Laboratory, Tokyo, Japan
Circulation 111:2157-64. 2005..The molecular basis underlying this Ang II-independent remodeling is unclear...
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 protects from severe acute lung failureYumiko Imai
IMBA, Institute of Molecular Biotechnology of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, Vienna A 1030, Austria
Nature 436:112-6. 2005..However, other components of the renin-angiotensin system, including ACE, angiotensin II and the angiotensin II type 1a receptor (AT1a), promote disease pathogenesis, induce lung oedemas and impair lung function...
- Interacting molecule of AT1 receptor, ATRAP, is colocalized with AT1 receptor in the mouse renal tubulesY Tsurumi
Department of Medical Science and Cardiorenal Medicine, Yokohama City University Graduate School of Medicine, Yokohama, Japan
Kidney Int 69:488-94. 2006..hemodynamics and sodium handling through the activation of vascular, glomerular and tubular angiotensin II type 1 (AT1) receptor-mediated signaling...
- Prorenin receptor blockade inhibits development of glomerulosclerosis in diabetic angiotensin II type 1a receptor-deficient miceAtsuhiro Ichihara
Department of Internal Medicine, Keio University School of Medicine, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, 160 8582, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 17:1950-61. 2006..It is not only AngII but also intraglomerular activation of MAPK by the receptor-associated prorenin that plays a pivotal role in diabetic nephropathy...
- Angiotensin II causes hypertension and cardiac hypertrophy through its receptors in the kidneySteven D Crowley
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center and Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:17985-90. 2006..Based on the critical role of the renin-angiotensin system (RAS) and the type I (AT1) angiotensin receptor in essential hypertension, we developed an experimental model to separate AT1 receptor pools ..
- Bone marrow transplantation reveals that recipient AT1a receptors are required to initiate angiotensin II-induced atherosclerosis and aneurysmsLisa A Cassis
Graduate Center for Nutritional Sciences, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:380-6. 2007..The purpose of this study was to define whether AngII interacts with receptors on infiltrating versus resident cells in promoting vascular pathologies...
- Renin inhibition reduces hypercholesterolemia-induced atherosclerosis in miceHong Lu
Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky, USA
J Clin Invest 118:984-93. 2008..Therefore, although previous work suggests that angiotensin peptides have conflicting effects on atherogenesis, we found that renin inhibition profoundly decreased lesion development in mice...
- Androgen increases AT1a receptor expression in abdominal aortas to promote angiotensin II-induced AAAs in apolipoprotein E-deficient miceTracy Henriques
Graduate Center for Nutritional Sciences, Room 521b, Wethington Building, 900 S Limestone, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0200, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:1251-6. 2008..The purpose of this study was to determine whether this reduction is attributable to androgen-mediated regulation of aortic Ang II type 1A receptors (AT1aR)...
- Deterioration of atherosclerosis in mice lacking angiotensin II type 1A receptor in bone marrow-derived cellsHideki Kato
Center for Tsukuba Advanced Research Alliance TARA, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
Lab Invest 88:731-9. 2008..in the extent of kidney damage between mice receiving BM transplants from mutant mice lacking the angiotensin II type 1a receptor (AT1a) gene and mice receiving transplants from wild-type (WT) mice...
- The long-term effect of angiotensin II type 1a receptor deficiency on hypercholesterolemia-induced atherosclerosisHideyuki Eto
Department of Cardiovascular, Respiratory and Metabolic Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, Kagoshima University, Kagoshima, Japan
Hypertens Res 31:1631-42. 2008..In the present study, we investigated the long-term effect of angiotensin II type 1a receptor (AT1a) deficiency on hypercholesterolemia-induced atherosclerosis by the use of AT1a-knockout (AT1a-..
- Essential role of angiotensin II type 1a receptors in the host vascular wall, but not the bone marrow, in the pathogenesis of angiotensin II-induced atherosclerosisJun ichiro Koga
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka, Japan
Hypertens Res 31:1791-800. 2008The angiotensin II (Ang II) type 1a (AT1a) receptor is expressed on multiple cell types in atherosclerotic lesions, including bone marrow-derived cells and vascular wall cells, and mediates inflammatory and proliferative responses...
- (Pro)renin receptor promotes choroidal neovascularization by activating its signal transduction and tissue renin-angiotensin systemShingo Satofuka
Laboratory of Retinal Cell Biology, Inaida Endowed Department of Anti Aging Ophthalmology, Keio University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Am J Pathol 173:1911-8. 2008..Although we found significant involvement of angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1-R)-mediated inflammation in choroidal neovascularization (CNV), a central abnormality of vision-threatening age-..
- Angiotensin II induces a region-specific hyperplasia of the ascending aorta through regulation of inhibitor of differentiation 3A Phillip Owens
Saha Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0509, USA
Circ Res 106:611-9. 2010..Angiotensin II (Ang II) has diverse effects on smooth muscle cells (SMCs). The diversity of effects may relate to the regional location of this cell type...
- Cardiac phenotype and angiotensin II levels in AT1a, AT1b, and AT2 receptor single, double, and triple knockoutsJoep H M van Esch
Division of Pharmacology, Vascular and Metabolic Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Erasmus MC, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Cardiovasc Res 86:401-9. 2010....
- Mechanical stress-evoked but angiotensin II-independent activation of angiotensin II type 1 receptor induces cardiac hypertrophy through calcineurin pathwayNing Zhou
Shanghai Institute of Cardiovascular Diseases, Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, 180 Feng Lin Road, Shanghai 200032, China
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 397:263-9. 2010..These findings collectively suggest that mechanical stress-evoked but AngII-independent activation of AT(1) receptor induces cardiac hypertrophy through calcineurin pathway...
- Angiotensin II type 1A receptors in vascular smooth muscle cells do not influence aortic remodeling in hypertensionMatthew A Sparks
Department of Medicine, Division of Nephrology, Duke University Medical Center, Room 2028 MSRB2, 106 Research Dr, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Hypertension 57:577-85. 2011..mouse line expressing Cre recombinase in smooth muscle cells with a mouse line bearing a conditional allele of the Agtr1a gene (Agtr1a (flox)), encoding the major murine AT(1) receptor isoform (AT(1A))...
- Endothelial cell-specific deficiency of Ang II type 1a receptors attenuates Ang II-induced ascending aortic aneurysms in LDL receptor-/- miceDebra L Rateri
Saha Cardiovascular Research Center, BBSRB, Room 243, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0509, USA
Circ Res 108:574-81. 2011..In agreement with this associative evidence, we have published recently that Ang II infusion induces aneurysmal pathology in the ascending aorta...
- AT1A angiotensin receptors in the renal proximal tubule regulate blood pressureSusan B Gurley
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Duke University and Durham, VA Medical Centers, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Cell Metab 13:469-75. 2011..Thus, effectively targeting epithelial functions of the proximal tubule of the kidney should be a useful therapeutic strategy in hypertension...
- Macrophage polarization by angiotensin II-type 1 receptor aggravates renal injury-acceleration of atherosclerosisSuguru Yamamoto
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 1161 21st Avenue South, C 4204 Medical Center North, Nashville, TN 37232 2584, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 31:2856-64. 2011..macrophages are the most abundant cells in atherosclerotic plaques and express angiotensin II type 1 receptor (AT1), the pathophysiologic role of macrophage AT1 in atherogenesis remains uncertain...
- Transient exposure of neonatal female mice to testosterone abrogates the sexual dimorphism of abdominal aortic aneurysmsXuan Zhang
Graduate Center for Toxicology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0200, USA
Circ Res 110:e73-85. 2012..However, mechanisms for sexual dimorphism of regional aortic angiotensin receptor expression and AAA formation are unknown...
- ACE2 links amino acid malnutrition to microbial ecology and intestinal inflammationTatsuo Hashimoto
IMBA, Institute of Molecular Biotechnology of the Austrian Academy of Sciences, 1030 Vienna, Austria
Nature 487:477-81. 2012..These results provide a molecular explanation for how amino acid malnutrition can cause intestinal inflammation and diarrhoea...
- Regional variation in aortic AT1b receptor mRNA abundance is associated with contractility but unrelated to atherosclerosis and aortic aneurysmsAruna Poduri
Saha Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e48462. 2012..This receptor is expressed as 2 structurally similar subtypes in rodents, termed AT1a and AT1b...
- Angiotensin II type 1a receptor signalling directly contributes to the increased arrhythmogenicity in cardiac hypertrophyShinji Yasuno
Department of Medicine and Clinical Science, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan EBM Research Center, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto, Japan
Br J Pharmacol 170:1384-95. 2013....
- Analysis of the evolution of angiotensin II type 1 receptor gene in mammals (mouse, rat, bovine and human)H Yoshida
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, TN 37232
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 186:1042-9. 1992..This conclusion was consistent with the results of genomic Southern blot analyses, which revealed that the mouse and rat possess 2 similar but separate genes, whereas the bovine and human have only a single class gene...
- AT1b receptor predominantly mediates contractions in major mouse blood vesselsYingbi Zhou
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, College of Medicine and Public Health, Ohio State University, 304 Hamilton Hall, 1645 Neil Ave, Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA
Circ Res 93:1089-94. 2003In rodents, angiotensin (Ang) II type-1 (AT1) receptors exist as two pharmacologically identical subtypes: AT1a and AT1b...
- Angiotensin II type 1a receptor-deficient mice with hypotension and hyperreninemiaT Sugaya
Institute of Applied Biochemistry, University of Tsukuba, Ibaraki, Japan
J Biol Chem 270:18719-22. 1995..a key role in cardiovascular homeostasis, exerts its multiple effects through the different types of AT receptors, AT1a, AT1b, and AT2...
- Angiotensin II regulates cellular immune responses through a calcineurin-dependent pathwayC Nataraj
Division of Nephrology, Duke University and Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Centers, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
J Clin Invest 104:1693-701. 1999..Using Agtr1a(-/-) mice, which lack AT(1A) receptors for angiotensin II, we have identified a novel function of the RAS to ..
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 overexpression in the subfornical organ prevents the angiotensin II-mediated pressor and drinking responses and is associated with angiotensin II type 1 receptor downregulationYumei Feng
Department of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Circ Res 102:729-36. 2008..Taken together, our results show that ACE2 plays a pivotal role in the central regulation of blood pressure and volume homeostasis, offering a new target for the treatment of hypertension and other cardiovascular diseases...
- Overexpression of insulin-like growth factor-1 attenuates the myocyte renin-angiotensin system in transgenic miceA Leri
Department of Medicine, New York Medical College, Valhalla, NY, USA
Circ Res 84:752-62. 1999..On this basis, p53 DNA binding activity to angiotensinogen (Aogen), bax, and the AT1 receptor was determined in left ventricular myocytes from FVB.Igf-/- and FVB.Igf+/- mice...
- Micropuncture analysis of tubuloglomerular feedback regulation in transgenic miceJ Schnermann
National Institute of Diabetes, and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1370, USA
J Am Soc Nephrol 10:2614-9. 1999..In contrast, changes in loop flow did not alter stop-flow pressure in angiotensin II type 1A receptor and angiotensin-converting enzyme knockout mice...
- Genetic deletion of angiotensin AT2 receptor leads to increased cell numbers in different brain structures of miceO von Bohlen und Halbach
Johannes Müller Institute of Physiology Charité, Humboldt University, Tucholskystrasse 2, D 10117, Berlin, Germany
Regul Pept 99:209-16. 2001..Different high-affinity Ang II receptor subtypes (AT1A, AT1B and AT2) have been cloned. They are expressed in various brain structures...
- Circadian rhythms of activity and drinking in mice lacking angiotensin II 1A receptorsR E Mistlberger
Department of Psychology, Simon Fraser University, 8888 University Drive, V5A 1S6, Burnaby, BC, Canada
Physiol Behav 74:457-64. 2001..The modestly shorter tau and increased rhythm amplitude in KO mice may be secondary to an effect of the mutation on the level of running and drinking activity...
- Renal segmental microvascular responses to ANG II in AT1A receptor null miceLisa M Harrison-Bernard
Department of Physiology, Tulane University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 284:F538-45. 2003....
- Differential vasoconstrictions induced by angiotensin II: role of AT1 and AT2 receptors in isolated C57BL/6J mouse blood vesselsYingbi Zhou
Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, Ohio State Univ College of Medicine and Public Health, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 285:H2797-803. 2003..However, an AT1 antagonist, losartan (10 microM), completely inhibited ANG II (100 nM) response in abdominal aorta and carotid ..
- Efferent arterioles exclusively express the subtype 1A angiotensin receptor: functional insights from genetic mouse modelsLisa M Harrison-Bernard
Dept of Physiology, Box P7 3, Louisiana State Univ Health Sciences Center, 1901 Perdido St, New Orleans, LA 70112, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 290:F1177-86. 2006..Therefore, we conclude that AT(1A) and AT(1B) receptors are functionally expressed on the AA, whereas the EA exclusively expresses the AT(1A) receptor...
- Salt consumption increases blood pressure and abolishes the light/dark rhythm in angiotensin AT1a receptor deficient miceYanfang Chen
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Boonshoft School of Medicine, Wright State University School, Dayton, OH 45450, USA
Physiol Behav 88:95-100. 2006Experiments were performed to study the role of angiotensin (Ang) AT1a receptors in dietary sodium-induced changes in blood pressure (BP)...
- Genetic deletion of AT1a receptors attenuates intracellular accumulation of ANG II in the kidney of AT1a receptor-deficient miceXiao C Li
Laboratory of Receptor and Signal Transduction, Division of Hypertension and Vascular Research, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, MI 48202, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 293:F586-93. 2007..We tested the hypothesis that AT(1a) receptor-deficient mice (Agtr1a-/-) are unable to accumulate ANG II intracellularly in the kidney because of the absence of AT(1a) receptor-..
- In vivo regulation of AT1a receptor-mediated intracellular uptake of [125I]Val5-ANG II in the kidneys and adrenals of AT1a receptor-deficient miceXiao C Li
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 294:F293-302. 2008Using type 1a angiotensin receptor (AT1a) receptor-deficient (Agtr1a-/-) mice and in vivo autoradiography, we tested the hypothesis that intracellular uptake of ANG II in the kidney and adrenal glands is primarily mediated by AT1a ..
- AT1a receptor knockout in mice impairs urine concentration by reducing basal vasopressin levels and its receptor signaling proteins in the inner medullaXiao C Li
Laboratory of Receptor and Signal Transduction, Division of Hypertension and Vascular Research, Department of Internal Medicine, Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit, Michigan 48202, USA
Kidney Int 76:169-77. 2009..We suggest that AT(1a) receptor deletion causes polyuria and urine concentration defects by decreasing basal AVP release and impairing AVP-induced receptor signaling in the inner medulla...
- Role of angiotensin II Type 1A receptors in cardiovascular reactivity and neuronal activation after aversive stress in micePamela J Davern
Baker IDI Heart and Diabetes Institute, Commercial Rd, Prahran, PO Box 6492, St Kilda Road Central, Melbourne, Victoria 8008, Australia
Hypertension 54:1262-8. 2009....
- [Role of angiotensin II type 1 receptor in activation of nuclear factor-kappaB and activator protein-1 in lung of mice with acute lung injury]Fei Wang
Department of Burns, The First Affiliated Hospital of Anhui Medical University, Hefei 230022, China
Zhonghua Shao Shang Za Zhi 26:113-6. 2010To explore the role of angiotensin II type 1 (AT1) receptor in activation of nuclear factor-kappaB (NF-kappaB) and activator protein-1 (AP-1) in lung of mice with LPS-induced acute lung injury (ALI).
- Transgenic expression of an altered angiotensin type I AT1 receptor resulting in marked modulation of vascular type I collagenJun Yu
Department of Biochemistry, Boston University School of Medicine, Boston, MA 02118, USA
J Cell Physiol 227:2013-21. 2012The angiotensin II (AngII) type I receptor (AT1) was modified by replacing its third intracellular loop and C-terminal tail with the corresponding regions from the bradykinin B2 receptor...
- Angiotensin II acts through the angiotensin 1a receptor to upregulate pendrinJill W Verlander
Renal Division, Emory University School of Medicine, 1639 Pierce Dr NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 301:F1314-25. 2011..in this response, pendrin abundance and subcellular distribution were examined in wild-type, angiotensin type 1a (Agtr1a) and type 2 receptor (Agtr2) null mice given 7 days of a NaCl-restricted diet (< 0.02% NaCl)...
- Angiotensin type 1A receptors in C1 neurons of the rostral ventrolateral medulla modulate the pressor response to aversive stressDaian Chen
Department of Physiology, University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Victoria 3010, Australia
J Neurosci 32:2051-61. 2012..This study demonstrates that AT(1A)R expression by C1 neurons is essential for the pressor response to angiotensin II and that this pathway plays an important role in the pressor response to aversive stress...
- A novel role for type 1 angiotensin receptors on T lymphocytes to limit target organ damage in hypertensionJian Dong Zhang
Division of Nephrology, Departments of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center and Durham VA Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Circ Res 110:1604-17. 2012..However, recent studies have suggested that individual tissue pools of AT(1) receptors may have divergent effects on target organ damage in hypertension...
- Significance of matrix metalloproteinase-9 inhibition by imidapril for prevention of abdominal aortic aneurysms in angiotensin II type 1 receptor-knockout miceShinji Takai
Department of Pharmacology, Osaka Medical College, Japan
J Pharmacol Sci 123:185-94. 2013..Imidapril (10 mg/kg per day) was administered to wild-type or angiotensin II type 1 (AT1) receptor knockout mice...
- Angiotensin II reduces mitochondrial content in skeletal muscle and affects glycemic controlMasanori Mitsuishi
Department of Internal Medicine, School of Medicine, Keio University, Tokyo, Japan
Diabetes 58:710-7. 2009..Blockade of angiotensin (Ang) II has been shown to prevent new-onset type 2 diabetes. We focused on the effects of AngII on muscle mitochondria, especially on their biogenesis, as an underlining mechanism of type 2 diabetes...
- Association of beta-Arrestin 1 with the type 1A angiotensin II receptor involves phosphorylation of the receptor carboxyl terminus and correlates with receptor internalizationH Qian
Molecular Endocrinology Laboratory, Baker Medical Research Institute, Melbourne 8008, Australia
Mol Endocrinol 15:1706-19. 2001....
- The heterogenous nuclear riboprotein S1-1 regulates AT1 receptor gene expression via transcriptional and posttranscriptional mechanismsCornelius F H Mueller
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Innere Medizin, Universitatsklinikum Bonn, Bonn, Germany
Arch Biochem Biophys 488:76-82. 2009The AT1 receptor plays an essential role in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis. AT1 receptor expression is predominately mediated via mRNA destabilization by mRNA binding proteins...
- Influence of natriuretic peptide receptor-1 on survival and cardiac hypertrophy during developmentNicola J A Scott
Department of Medicine, University of Otago Christchurch, P O Box 4345, Christchurch, New Zealand
Biochim Biophys Acta 1792:1175-84. 2009..The decreased viability of Npr1(-/-)embryos may result from a combination of cardiomegaly and dysregulated Cx43 protein affecting cardiac contractility...
- Blockage of angiotensin II type 1 receptor regulates TNF-alpha-induced MAdCAM-1 expression via inhibition of NF-kappaB translocation to the nucleus and ameliorates colitisTakashi Mizushima
Department of Gastroenterology and Metabolism, Nagoya City University Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Nagoya, Japan
Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 298:G255-66. 2010..Furthermore, inhibition of AT1R ameliorates colitis in a mouse colitis model. Therefore, AT1R might be one of new therapeutic target of IBD via regulation of MAdCAM-1...
- A role for angiotensin II type 1 receptors on bone marrow-derived cells in the pathogenesis of angiotensin II-dependent hypertensionSteven D Crowley
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, Box 103015, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Hypertension 55:99-108. 2010....
- Identification and characterization of a functional mitochondrial angiotensin systemPeter M Abadir
Division of Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology, Biology of Healthy Aging Program, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:14849-54. 2011....
- Agonist-independent constitutive activity of angiotensin II receptor promotes cardiac remodeling in miceNoritaka Yasuda
Department of Cardiovascular Science and Medicine, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chiba, Japan
Hypertension 59:627-33. 2012..Our results demonstrate that constitutive activity of the AT(1) receptor under basal conditions contributes to the cardiac remodeling even in the absence of Ang II, when the AT(1) receptor is upregulated in the heart...
- Deletion of angiotensin II type 1 receptor gene or scavenge of superoxide prevents chronic alcohol-induced aortic damage and remodellingYang Bai
The Cardiovascular Center, The First Hospital of Jilin University, Changchun, China
J Cell Mol Med 16:2530-8. 2012To investigate whether chronic alcohol consumption induces vascular injury via angiotensin II (Ang II) type 1 (AT1) receptor-dependent superoxide generation, male transgenic mice with knockout of AT1 gene (AT1-KO) and age-matched wild-..
- Developmental expression of renal angiotensin II receptor genes in the mouseJ Kakuchi
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee, USA
Kidney Int 47:140-7. 1995The cellular distribution of angiotensin II type 1 (AT1) and type 2 (AT2) receptor mRNA was examined in mouse kidneys at several embryonic stages (12 to 18 days; 19 days = full term) and up to three weeks after birth by in situ ..
- Mechanical stretch induces hypertrophic responses in cardiac myocytes of angiotensin II type 1a receptor knockout miceS Kudoh
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, University of Tokyo School of Medicine, Tokyo 113 8655, Japan
J Biol Chem 273:24037-43. 1998..family and the expression of the c-fos gene as hypertrophic responses after stretching cultured cardiac myocytes of AT1a knockout (KO) mice...
- Angiotensin II maintains the structure and function of glomerular mesangium via type 1a receptor. What we have learned from null mutant mice minus the angiotensin II type 1a receptor geneS Inokuchi
Department of Anatomy, Juntendo University, School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
Virchows Arch 433:349-57. 1998The angiotensin II type 1a (AT1a) receptor is the major receptor effecting the multiple actions of angiotensin II on the cardiovascular system. It is expressed abundantly in the glomerular mesangial cells of the kidney...
- Communication between myocytes and fibroblasts in cardiac remodeling in angiotensin chimeric miceT Matsusaka
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2584, USA
J Clin Invest 103:1451-8. 1999..in cardiac remodeling, we generated chimeric mice that are made of both homozygous Ang II receptor type 1A gene (Agtr1a) null mutant cells and Agtr1a intact cells expressing the lacZ gene (ROSA26)...
- Potent antihypertrophic effect of the bradykinin B2 receptor system on the renal vasculatureS Tsuchida
Department of Pediatrics, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee 37232 2584, USA
Kidney Int 56:509-16. 1999Angiotensin type 1 (AT1) receptor-deficient mice (Agtr1-/-), which selectively lack both AT1A and AT1B receptor genes, are characterized by marked intrarenal vascular thickening...
- Ischemic injury in experimental stroke depends on angiotensin IIThomas Walther
Max Planck Institute for Neurological Research, Department of Experimental Neurology, Cologne, Germany
FASEB J 16:169-76. 2002..significantly, we examined the effect of elevated levels of angiotensin II and the role of its receptor subtype AT1 in brain infarction in transgenic mice after focal cerebral ischemia...
- Effects of AT(1A) receptor deletion on blood pressure and sodium excretion during altered dietary salt intakeAmy J Mangrum
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 283:F447-53. 2002....
- Essential role of AT1A receptor in the development of 2K1C hypertensionLudek Cervenka
Center for Experimental Cardiovascular Research, Institute for Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Prague, Czech Republic
Hypertension 40:735-41. 2002The aims of this study were to delineate the relative contribution of angiotensin II (ANG II) subtype 1A (AT1A) and 1B (AT1B) receptors to the development of two-kidney, one-clip (2K1C) Goldblatt hypertension in mice, to examine if ..
- Mice lacking D5 dopamine receptors have increased sympathetic tone and are hypertensiveTom R Hollon
Molecular Neuropharmacology Section and Basic Neurosciences Program, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1406, USA
J Neurosci 22:10801-10. 2002....
- The role of ACE2 in cardiovascular physiologyGavin Y Oudit
Department of Medical Biophysics and Richard Lewar Heart and Stroke Center of Excellence, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada
Trends Cardiovasc Med 13:93-101. 2003....
- Role of MMPs in AngII induced abdominal aortic aneurysmsAlan Daugherty; Fiscal Year: 2005..The significance of this research relates to delineation of mechanism for AA formation and maturation, with emphasis on potential development of pharmacological treatments of the disease. ..
- Angiotensin Receptors in Central OsmonsensitivityMariana Morris; Fiscal Year: 2005..AT1 receptors exist in two forms, AT1a and AT1b, which are homologous in gene and protein structure, making it impossible to distinguish pharmacologically...
- AT1 Receptors in Renal Microvascular PhysiologyLISA HARRISON BERNARD; Fiscal Year: 2007..There are 2 unique AT1 receptor subtypes in rodents, AT1A and AT1B, which cannot be distinguished using pharmacological antagonists...
- Estrogen in pathogenesis of tubulointerstitial diseaseChristine Maric; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- ANGIOTENSIN TYPE IA RECEPTOR IN PRESSURE NATRIURESISAMY MANGRUM; Fiscal Year: 2004..plan is to understand the mechanisms underlying long-term control of blood pressure in angiotensin type IA (AT1A) receptor deficient mice...
- Vanderbilt Mentored Clinical Research Scholar ProgramNancy Brown; Fiscal Year: 2006..The VCRS program will train successful new clinical investigators who will serve as leaders role in the post-genomic era. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- RAAS, Inflammation & Post-Operative Atrial FibrillationNancy Brown; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- PAI-1 and The Vascular Toxicity of AldosteroneNancy Brown; Fiscal Year: 2005..This multi-disciplinary approach will generate new information regarding the role of aldosterone in vascular toxicity and, thus, improve our ability to prevent and treat cardiovascular disease. ..