Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Adrb3
Description: adrenergic receptor, beta 3
Alias: Adrb-3, beta-3 adrenergic receptor, Beta-3 AR, Beta-3 adrenoceptor, beta 3-AR, beta-3 adrenoreceptor, beta3-adrenergic receptor
- Jimenez M, Leger B, Canola K, Lehr L, Arboit P, Seydoux J, et al. Beta(1)/beta(2)/beta(3)-adrenoceptor knockout mice are obese and cold-sensitive but have normal lipolytic responses to fasting. FEBS Lett. 2002;530:37-40 pubmed..Hence, beta-adrenergic signalling is essential for the resistance to obesity and cold, but not for the lipolytic response to fasting. ..
- Rohrer D, Chruscinski A, Schauble E, Bernstein D, Kobilka B. Cardiovascular and metabolic alterations in mice lacking both beta1- and beta2-adrenergic receptors. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:16701-8 pubmed
- Gong D, He Y, Karas M, Reitman M. Uncoupling protein-3 is a mediator of thermogenesis regulated by thyroid hormone, beta3-adrenergic agonists, and leptin. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:24129-32 pubmed..The UCP3 gene is located close to that encoding UCP2, in a chromosomal region implicated in previous linkage studies as contributing to obesity. ..
- Moniotte S, Belge C, Sekkali B, Massion P, Rozec B, Dessy C, et al. Sepsis is associated with an upregulation of functional beta3 adrenoceptors in the myocardium. Eur J Heart Fail. 2007;9:1163-71 pubmed..Activation of the beta3-AR pathway by catecholamines may contribute to the myocardial dysfunction in sepsis. ..
- Fu L, Isobe K, Zeng Q, Suzukawa K, Takekoshi K, Kawakami Y. The effects of beta(3)-adrenoceptor agonist CL-316,243 on adiponectin, adiponectin receptors and tumor necrosis factor-alpha expressions in adipose tissues of obese diabetic KKAy mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;584:202-6 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that the normalization of adiponectin, adiponectin receptors and TNF-alpha may result in the amelioration of obesity-induced insulin resistance. ..
- Mantzoros C, Qu D, Frederich R, Susulic V, Lowell B, Maratos Flier E, et al. Activation of beta(3) adrenergic receptors suppresses leptin expression and mediates a leptin-independent inhibition of food intake in mice. Diabetes. 1996;45:909-14 pubmed..system in the regulation of food intake, we determined the effects of treatment with a selective beta3 adrenergic receptor (AR) agonist (CL 316,243 [1 mg/kg]) on body weight, food intake, and leptin expression...
- Nahmias C, Blin N, Elalouf J, Mattei M, Strosberg A, Emorine L. Molecular characterization of the mouse beta 3-adrenergic receptor: relationship with the atypical receptor of adipocytes. EMBO J. 1991;10:3721-7 pubmed
- Braz J, Gregory K, Pathak A, Zhao W, Sahin B, Klevitsky R, et al. PKC-alpha regulates cardiac contractility and propensity toward heart failure. Nat Med. 2004;10:248-54 pubmed..Thus, PKC-alpha functions as a nodal integrator of cardiac contractility by sensing intracellular Ca(2+) and signal transduction events, which can profoundly affect propensity toward heart failure. ..
- Odegaard J, Lee M, Sogawa Y, Bertholet A, Locksley R, Weinberg D, et al. Perinatal Licensing of Thermogenesis by IL-33 and ST2. Cell. 2016;166:841-854 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that IL-33 and ST2 function as a developmental switch to license thermogenesis during the perinatal period. PAPERCLIP. ..
- Capeless C, Whitney G, Azen E. Chromosome mapping of Soa, a gene influencing gustatory sensitivity to sucrose octaacetate in mice. Behav Genet. 1992;22:655-63 pubmed..The data are consistent with a position for the Soa locus on mouse chromosome 6, 62 cM from the centromere. ..
- Rohrer D. Physiological consequences of beta-adrenergic receptor disruption. J Mol Med (Berl). 1998;76:764-72 pubmed
- Hutchinson D, Chernogubova E, Dallner O, Cannon B, Bengtsson T. Beta-adrenoceptors, but not alpha-adrenoceptors, stimulate AMP-activated protein kinase in brown adipocytes independently of uncoupling protein-1. Diabetologia. 2005;48:2386-95 pubmed
- Sager H, Hulsmans M, Lavine K, Moreira M, Heidt T, Courties G, et al. Proliferation and Recruitment Contribute to Myocardial Macrophage Expansion in Chronic Heart Failure. Circ Res. 2016;119:853-64 pubmed publisher..4±2.4 versus 19.1±2%; P<0.05). Myocardial failure is influenced by an altered myeloid cell repertoire. ..
- Procino G, Carmosino M, Milano S, Dal Monte M, Schena G, Mastrodonato M, et al. Î²3 adrenergic receptor in the kidney may be a new player in sympathetic regulation of renal function. Kidney Int. 2016;90:555-67 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings are of potential physiologic importance as they uncover the antidiuretic effect of Î²3-AR stimulation in the kidney. Hence, Î²3-AR agonism might be useful to bypass AVPR2-inactivating mutations. ..
- Swoap S, Weinshenker D. Norepinephrine controls both torpor initiation and emergence via distinct mechanisms in the mouse. PLoS ONE. 2008;3:e4038 pubmed publisher..Hence, NE signaling via beta(3) adrenergic receptors presumably in brown fat is the first neurotransmitter-receptor system identified that is required for normal recovery from torpor. ..
- Peppler W, Miotto P, Holloway G, Wright D. CL 316, 243 mediated reductions in blood glucose are enhanced in RIP140-/- mice independent of alterations in lipolysis. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;486:486-491 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that RIP140 has a unique role in the acute effect of ?-3 adrenergic receptor activation using CL 316, 243. ..
- Nogueiras R, Wiedmer P, Perez Tilve D, Veyrat Durebex C, Keogh J, Sutton G, et al. The central melanocortin system directly controls peripheral lipid metabolism. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:3475-88 pubmed..We also reveal molecular underpinnings for direct control of the CNS-Mcr over lipid metabolism. These results suggest ways to design more efficient pharmacological methods for controlling adiposity. ..
- Lehr L, Kuehne F, Arboit P, Giacobino J, Poulin F, Muzzin P, et al. Control of 4E-BP1 expression in mouse brown adipose tissue by the beta3-adrenoceptor. FEBS Lett. 2004;576:179-82 pubmed..Our data are the first report of a regulation by the beta3-adrenoceptor of 4E-BP1 expression. They support a role of the latter in adaptive thermogenesis. ..
- Fujikawa T, Berglund E, Patel V, Ramadori G, Vianna C, Vong L, et al. Leptin engages a hypothalamic neurocircuitry to permit survival in the absence of insulin. Cell Metab. 2013;18:431-44 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data elucidate a hypothalamic-dependent pathway enabling life without insulin and hence pave the way for developing better treatments for diseases of insulin deficiency. ..
- Li H, Fong C, Chen Y, Cai G, Yang M. Beta-adrenergic signals regulate adipogenesis of mouse mesenchymal stem cells via cAMP/PKA pathway. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2010;323:201-7 pubmed publisher..These findings suggested that MSC is also a target for beta-adrenergic regulation, and beta-adrenergic signaling (major beta3-signaling) plays a role in MSC adipogenesis. ..
- Li H, Fong C, Chen Y, Cai G, Yang M. beta2- and beta3-, but not beta1-adrenergic receptors are involved in osteogenesis of mouse mesenchymal stem cells via cAMP/PKA signaling. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2010;496:77-83 pubmed publisher..The effect of beta-ARs on MSC osteogenesis is partly mediated via the cAMP/PKA signaling. These findings suggest that MSC is also a target for beta-adrenergic regulation and beta-adrenergic signaling plays a role in MSC osteogenesis. ..
- Park P, Cho J, Cho E. Specific visible radiation facilitates lipolysis in mature 3T3-L1 adipocytes via rhodopsin-dependent Î²3-adrenergic signaling. Eur J Cell Biol. 2017;96:301-311 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the VR-induced photoreceptor system could be a potential therapeutic target for the regulation of lipid homeostasis in a non-invasive manner. ..
- Li S, Jin M, Zhang D, Yang T, Koeglsperger T, Fu H, et al. Environmental novelty activates ?2-adrenergic signaling to prevent the impairment of hippocampal LTP by A? oligomers. Neuron. 2013;77:929-41 pubmed publisher..These mechanistic insights support using prolonged exposure to cognitive novelty and/or oral ?-adrenergic agonists to lessen the effects of A? accumulation during aging. ..
- Breslow M, An Y, Berkowitz D. Beta-3 adrenoceptor (beta-3AR) expression in leptin treated OB/OB mice. Life Sci. 1997;61:59-64 pubmed..We speculate that restoration of beta-3 AR expression by repleting leptin may be important in correcting hypometabolism in Ob/Ob animals. ..
- Seki T, Hosaka K, Lim S, Fischer C, Honek J, Yang Y, et al. Endothelial PDGF-CC regulates angiogenesis-dependent thermogenesis in beige fat. Nat Commun. 2016;7:12152 pubmed publisher..Our data reveal a paracrine mechanism by which angiogenic endothelial cells modulate adipocyte metabolism, which may provide new targets for the treatment of obesity and related metabolic diseases. ..
- de Jong J, Wouters R, Boulet N, Cannon B, Nedergaard J, Petrovic N. The Î²3-adrenergic receptor is dispensable for browning of adipose tissues. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2017;312:E508-E518 pubmed publisher..Nonetheless, the present data indicate that the Î²3-adrenergic receptor is dispensable for cold-induced transcriptional activation in both classical brown and, as opposed to earlier studies, brite/beige cells. ..
- Angers M, Uldry M, Kong D, Gimble J, Jetten A. Mfsd2a encodes a novel major facilitator superfamily domain-containing protein highly induced in brown adipose tissue during fasting and adaptive thermogenesis. Biochem J. 2008;416:347-55 pubmed publisher..The observed induction of Mfsd2a expression in cultured BAT cells by dibutyryl-cAMP is in agreement with this conclusion. The present study suggests that Mfsd2a plays a role in adaptive thermogenesis. ..
- van Spronsen A, Nahmias C, Krief S, Briend Sutren M, Strosberg A, Emorine L. The promoter and intron/exon structure of the human and mouse beta 3-adrenergic-receptor genes. Eur J Biochem. 1993;213:1117-24 pubmed..A large exon (1.4 kb) encodes the first 402 and 388 amino-acid residues of the human and mouse beta 3 adrenergic receptor, respectively...
- Nickerson J, Dugan S, Drouin G, Moon T. A putative beta2-adrenoceptor from the rainbow trout (Oncorhynuchus mykiss). Molecular characterization and pharmacology. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:6465-72 pubmed
- Boucher J, Castan Laurell I, Le Lay S, Grujic D, Sibrac D, Krief S, et al. Human alpha 2A-adrenergic receptor gene expressed in transgenic mouse adipose tissue under the control of its regulatory elements. J Mol Endocrinol. 2002;29:251-64 pubmed..Thus, these transgenic mice constitute an original model of diet-induced obesity for in vivo physiological and pharmacological studies with respect to the alpha2/beta-AR balance in adipose tissue. ..
- Aoyama M, Shidoji Y, Saimei M, Tsunawake N, Ichinose M. Phenotypic linkage between single-nucleotide polymorphisms of beta3-adrenergic receptor gene and NADH dehydrogenase subunit-2 gene, with special reference to eating behavior. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;309:261-5 pubmed..A combination of SNPs of the nuclear BAR-3 and the mitochondrial ND2 genes may affect eating behavior besides the biochemical and metabolic process of signal transduction and electron transfer system. ..
- Roth Flach R, Matevossian A, Akie T, Negrin K, Paul M, Czech M. ?3-Adrenergic receptor stimulation induces E-selectin-mediated adipose tissue inflammation. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:2882-92 pubmed publisher..Importantly, our results indicate that ?(3)-adrenergic stimulation acts through up-regulation of E-selectin in adipose tissue endothelial cells to induce neutrophil infiltration. ..
- Revelli J, Preitner F, Samec S, Muniesa P, Kuehne F, Boss O, et al. Targeted gene disruption reveals a leptin-independent role for the mouse beta3-adrenoceptor in the regulation of body composition. J Clin Invest. 1997;100:1098-106 pubmed..Taken together, these studies demonstrate that beta3-adrenoceptor disruption creates conditions which predispose to the development of obesity. ..
- Cohen M, Bloomquist W, Ito M, Lowell B. Beta3 receptors mediate relaxation in stomach fundus whereas a fourth beta receptor mediates tachycardia in atria from transgenic beta3 receptor knockout mice. Receptors Channels. 2000;7:17-23 pubmedPharmacological studies have revealed a non-beta1, beta2 or beta3 adrenergic receptor that mediates tachycardia in rat and human atria...
- Cui Z, Yokoi N, Kuramoto T, Kitada K, Serikawa T. Extension of conserved regions in the rat and mouse genomes by chromosomal assignments of 29 rat genes. Exp Anim. 1998;47:83-8 pubmed..In addition, four conserved regions were newly revealed. The method described in this study appears to be simple and efficient for constructing a whole genome comparative map of the rat and mouse. ..
- Vafaei R, Nassiri S, Siavashi V. Î²3-Adrenergic Regulation of EPC Features Through Manipulation of the Bone Marrow MSC Niche. J Cell Biochem. 2017;118:4753-4761 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results indicate that the Î²3-adrenergic signals regulate the MSC niche, thereby resulting in modulation of EPC biological features. J. Cell. Biochem. 118: 4753-4761, 2017. Â© 2017 Wiley Periodicals, Inc. ..
- Arranz L, S nchez Aguilera A, Mart n P rez D, Isern J, Langa X, Tzankov A, et al. Neuropathy of haematopoietic stem cell niche is essential for myeloproliferative neoplasms. Nature. 2014;512:78-81 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that mutant-HSC-driven niche damage critically contributes to disease manifestation in MPN and identify niche-forming MSCs and their neural regulation as promising therapeutic targets...
- Dal Monte M, Filippi L, Bagnoli P. Beta3-adrenergic receptors modulate vascular endothelial growth factor release in response to hypoxia through the nitric oxide pathway in mouse retinal explants. Naunyn Schmiedebergs Arch Pharmacol. 2013;386:269-78 pubmed publisher..Although extrapolation of these data to the human situation is difficult, these findings may help to explore the possible role of ?3-ARs in vascularization-associated disorders. ..
- Valet P, Grujic D, Wade J, Ito M, Zingaretti M, Soloveva V, et al. Expression of human alpha 2-adrenergic receptors in adipose tissue of beta 3-adrenergic receptor-deficient mice promotes diet-induced obesity. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:34797-802 pubmed..This study also demonstrates one way in which two genes (alpha 2 and beta 3-AR) and diet interact to influence fat mass. ..
- Lam T, Seto S, Au A, Poon C, Li R, Lam H, et al. Folic acid supplementation modifies beta-adrenoceptor-mediated in vitro lipolysis of obese/diabetic (+db/+db) mice. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2009;234:1047-55 pubmed publisher..We demonstrate that lipolysis elicited by beta-AR (beta(2)- and beta(3)-ARs) agonists was blunted in +db/+db mice. Folic acid consumption has significant modulatory effects on beta-ARs protein expression and lipolysis. ..
- Rohlfs E, Daniel K, Premont R, Kozak L, Collins S. Regulation of the uncoupling protein gene (Ucp) by beta 1, beta 2, and beta 3-adrenergic receptor subtypes in immortalized brown adipose cell lines. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:10723-32 pubmed
- Mottillo E, Shen X, Granneman J. beta3-adrenergic receptor induction of adipocyte inflammation requires lipolytic activation of stress kinases p38 and JNK. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1801:1048-55 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrate that FFAs liberated by HSL activate p38 and JNK, and p38 mediates pro-inflammatory cytokine expression in adipose tissue. ..
- Parida S, Uttam Singh T, Ravi Prakash V, Mishra S. Molecular and functional characteristics of ?3-adrenoceptors in late pregnant mouse uterus: a comparison with ?2-adrenoceptors. Eur J Pharmacol. 2013;700:74-9 pubmed publisher..The predominance of ?(2)- over ?(3)-adrenoceptor expression may explain variable potency amongst the ?-adrenoceptor agonists. ..
- Jimenez M, Barbatelli G, Allevi R, Cinti S, Seydoux J, Giacobino J, et al. Beta 3-adrenoceptor knockout in C57BL/6J mice depresses the occurrence of brown adipocytes in white fat. Eur J Biochem. 2003;270:699-705 pubmed..These results indicate that beta 3-adrenoceptors play a major role in the appearance of brown adipocytes in white fat and suggest that the brown adipocytes present in white fat differ from those in brown fat. ..
- Deng C, Moinat M, Curtis L, Nadakal A, Preitner F, Boss O, et al. Effects of beta-adrenoceptor subtype stimulation on obese gene messenger ribonucleic acid and on leptin secretion in mouse brown adipocytes differentiated in culture. Endocrinology. 1997;138:548-52 pubmed..The results suggest the existence in brown adipose tissue of a retroregulatory pathway by which leptin production in inhibited when the sympathetic nervous system is stimulated. ..
- Bakopanos E, Silva J. Opposing effects of glucocorticoids on beta(3)-adrenergic receptor expression in HIB-1B brown adipocytes. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2002;190:29-37 pubmed..The relative magnitude of these two effects may vary explaining apparently discrepant observations. ..
- Zhu L, Smith S, de Lange T, Seldin M. Chromosomal mapping of the tankyrase gene in human and mouse. Genomics. 1999;57:320-1 pubmed
- Hamilton B, Doods H. Identification of potent agonists acting at an endogenous atypical beta3-adrenoceptor state that modulate lipolysis in rodent fat cells. Eur J Pharmacol. 2008;580:55-62 pubmed
- Sheng L, Ruan C, Ma Y, Chen D, Kong L, Zhu D, et al. Beta3 adrenergic receptor is involved in vascular injury in deoxycorticosterone acetate-salt hypertensive mice. FEBS Lett. 2016;590:769-78 pubmed publisherb>Beta3 adrenergic receptor (ADRB3) mediates vessel relaxation in the endothelium while it modulates lipolysis in the adipose tissue...
- Karimi Galougahi K, Liu C, Garcia A, Fry N, Hamilton E, Figtree G, et al. Î²3-Adrenoceptor activation relieves oxidative inhibition of the cardiac Na+-K+ pump in hyperglycemia induced by insulin receptor blockade. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2015;309:C286-95 pubmed publisher..In vivo Î²3-AR activation relieves oxidative inhibition of key cardiac myocyte proteins in hyperglycemia and may be effective in targeting the deleterious cardiac effects of diabetes. ..
- Scheiermann C, Kunisaki Y, Lucas D, Chow A, Jang J, Zhang D, et al. Adrenergic nerves govern circadian leukocyte recruitment to tissues. Immunity. 2012;37:290-301 pubmed publisher..These data provide unique insights in the leukocyte adhesion cascade and the potential for time-based therapeutics for transplantation and inflammatory diseases. ..
- Masand R, Paulo E, Wu D, Wang Y, Swaney D, Jimenez Morales D, et al. Proteome Imbalance of Mitochondrial Electron Transport Chain in Brown Adipocytes Leads to Metabolic Benefits. Cell Metab. 2018;27:616-629.e4 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data demonstrate that ETC proteome imbalance in BAT regulates systemic metabolism independently of thermogenesis. ..
- Walston J, Lowe A, Silver K, Yang Y, Bodkin N, Hansen B, et al. The beta3-adrenergic receptor in the obesity and diabetes prone rhesus monkey is very similar to human and contains arginine at codon 64. Gene. 1997;188:207-13 pubmed
- Deba A, Palea S, Rouget C, Westfall T, Lluel P. Involvement of beta(3)-adrenoceptors in mouse urinary bladder function: role in detrusor muscle relaxation and micturition reflex. Eur J Pharmacol. 2009;618:76-83 pubmed publisher..Based on the current results obtained using the beta(3)-adrenoceptor agonist CL316,243 (as well as various beta-adrenoceptor antagonists), functional beta(3)-adrenoceptors appear to be present in mouse urinary bladder. ..
- Niu X, Zhao L, Li X, Xue Y, Wang B, Lv Z, et al. ?3-Adrenoreceptor stimulation protects against myocardial infarction injury via eNOS and nNOS activation. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e98713 pubmed publisher..These results suggested that ?3-AR stimulation has a substantial effect on recovery of heart function. In addition, the activations of both eNOS and nNOS may be associated with the cardiac protective effects of ?3-AR. ..
- Granneman J, Lahners K, Rao D. Rodent and human beta 3-adrenergic receptor genes contain an intron within the protein-coding block. Mol Pharmacol. 1992;42:964-70 pubmed..Sequence analysis of the mouse and human beta 3 receptor cDNAs indicates that they code for proteins that are, respectively, 12 and 6 amino acids larger than previously deduced from genomic clones. ..
- Bengtsson T, Redegren K, Strosberg A, Nedergaard J, Cannon B. Down-regulation of beta3 adrenoreceptor gene expression in brown fat cells is transient and recovery is dependent upon a short-lived protein factor. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:33366-75 pubmed..A model is presented for the down-regulation/recovery process, involving the participation of a phosphorylatable short-lived transcription factor. ..
- Guo Y, Li Y, Wang Z. Effects of ??-adrenoceptor on scavenger receptor class B type 1 and its signal transduction pathway in apolipoprotein E knockout mice. Eur J Pharmacol. 2013;714:295-302 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that activation of ??-adrenoceptor reduce the plaque area in the thoracic aorta and play an important anti-atherosclerotic role by regulating lipid metabolism disorders and the SR-B1 signal transduction pathway. ..
- Wang Z, Li Y, Guo Y. ?3-Adrenoceptor activation attenuates atherosclerotic plaque formation in ApoE(-/-) mice through lowering blood lipids and glucose. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2013;34:1156-63 pubmed publisher..SR52390A treatment did not affect any parameters studied. The ?3-AR agonist impedes the progression of atherosclerosis in ApoE(-/-) mice, through improvement of the lipid and glucose profiles. ..
- Schutsky K, Ouyang M, Castelino C, Zhang L, Thomas S. Stress and glucocorticoids impair memory retrieval via ?2-adrenergic, Gi/o-coupled suppression of cAMP signaling. J Neurosci. 2011;31:14172-81 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the ?(2) receptor can be a critical effector of acute stress, and that ?(1) and ?(2) receptors can have quite distinct roles in CNS signaling and cognition. ..
- Chow A, Lucas D, Hidalgo A, Mendez Ferrer S, Hashimoto D, Scheiermann C, et al. Bone marrow CD169+ macrophages promote the retention of hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells in the mesenchymal stem cell niche. J Exp Med. 2011;208:261-71 pubmed publisher..Thus, strategies that target BM M? hold the potential to augment stem cell yields in patients that mobilize HSCs/progenitors poorly. ..
- Russell S, Tisdale M. Role of ?-adrenergic receptors in the anti-obesity and anti-diabetic effects of zinc-?2-glycoprotien (ZAG). Biochim Biophys Acta. 2012;1821:590-9 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that the effects of ZAG on body weight and insulin sensitivity in ob/ob mice are manifested through a ?-3AR, or possibly a ?2-AR. ..
- Kumar N, Robidoux J, Daniel K, Guzman G, Floering L, Collins S. Requirement of vimentin filament assembly for beta3-adrenergic receptor activation of ERK MAP kinase and lipolysis. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:9244-50 pubmed..These results indicate that vimentin plays an essential role in the signal transduction pathway from beta3AR to the activation ERK and its contribution to lipolysis. ..
- Arbeeny C, Meyers D, Hillyer D, Bergquist K. Metabolic alterations associated with the antidiabetic effect of beta 3-adrenergic receptor agonists in obese mice. Am J Physiol. 1995;268:E678-84 pubmed
- Boivin B, Lavoie C, Vaniotis G, Baragli A, Villeneuve L, Ethier N, et al. Functional beta-adrenergic receptor signalling on nuclear membranes in adult rat and mouse ventricular cardiomyocytes. Cardiovasc Res. 2006;71:69-78 pubmed..These results highlight differential subcellular localization for betaAR subtypes and indicate that betaAR may have specific roles in regulating nuclear function in cardiomyocytes. ..
- Le Lay S, Boucher J, Rey A, Castan Laurell I, Krief S, Ferre P, et al. Decreased resistin expression in mice with different sensitivities to a high-fat diet. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;289:564-7 pubmed..This argues for decreased expression of resistin as a hallmark of obesity. Moreover, our data show that feeding a high-fat diet is not a primary determinant of resistin regulation. ..
- Chernogubova E, Hutchinson D, Nedergaard J, Bengtsson T. Alpha1- and beta1-adrenoceptor signaling fully compensates for beta3-adrenoceptor deficiency in brown adipocyte norepinephrine-stimulated glucose uptake. Endocrinology. 2005;146:2271-84 pubmed..The alpha1-adrenergic receptor component (that is not evident in wild-type cells) stimulates glucose uptake through a phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and protein kinase C pathway in the beta3-KO cells. ..
- Ito M, Grujic D, Abel E, Vidal Puig A, Susulic V, Lawitts J, et al. Mice expressing human but not murine beta3-adrenergic receptors under the control of human gene regulatory elements. Diabetes. 1998;47:1464-71 pubmed..These "humanized" mice should assist us in the development of drugs that may become effective anti-obesity agents in humans. ..
- Tavernier G, Jimenez M, Giacobino J, Hulo N, Lafontan M, Muzzin P, et al. Norepinephrine induces lipolysis in beta1/beta2/beta3-adrenoceptor knockout mice. Mol Pharmacol. 2005;68:793-9 pubmed..We conclude that the residual lipolytic effect observed in beta-less mice can be attributed to an unknown Gs-protein-coupled receptor with low affinity for catecholamines. ..
- Romana Souza B, Otranto M, Almeida T, Porto L, Monte Alto Costa A. Stress-induced epinephrine levels compromise murine dermal fibroblast activity through ?-adrenoceptors. Exp Dermatol. 2011;20:413-9 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, high levels of epinephrine directly compromise the activity of neonatal mouse skin fibroblasts through the activation of ?1-, ?2- and ?3-adrenoceptors, but not through ?1- and ?2-adrenoceptors...
- Seldin M, Hirohata S, Apte S. Chromosomal mapping of Adam9, Adam15 and Adam21. Matrix Biol. 2000;19:185-7 pubmed..The mapping of these mouse loci and the extrapolated loci for their human orthologs may facilitate the mapping of diseases involving these genes. ..
- Theander Carrillo C, Wiedmer P, Cettour Rose P, Nogueiras R, Perez Tilve D, Pfluger P, et al. Ghrelin action in the brain controls adipocyte metabolism. J Clin Invest. 2006;116:1983-93 pubmed..These results unravel the existence of what we believe to be a new CNS-based neuroendocrine circuit regulating metabolic homeostasis of adipose tissue. ..
- Lehr L, Canola K, Asensio C, Jimenez M, Kuehne F, Giacobino J, et al. The control of UCP1 is dissociated from that of PGC-1alpha or of mitochondriogenesis as revealed by a study using beta-less mouse brown adipocytes in culture. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:4661-6 pubmed..Altogether the data show a dissociation between the control of UCP1, which is mostly beta-adrenoceptor-dependent and that of PGC-1alpha and of mitochondriogenesis which are not. ..
- Pulinilkunnil T, He H, Kong D, Asakura K, Peroni O, Lee A, et al. Adrenergic regulation of AMP-activated protein kinase in brown adipose tissue in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:8798-809 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, AMPK ? Ser(485/491) phosphorylation may be a novel mechanism to inhibit AMPK activity in vivo and alter its biological effects. ..
- Granneman J, Lahners K. Regulation of mouse beta 3-adrenergic receptor gene expression and mRNA splice variants in adipocytes. Am J Physiol. 1995;268:C1040-4 pubmed
- Stöckigt F, Brixius K, Lickfett L, Andrié R, Linhart M, Nickenig G, et al. Total beta-adrenoceptor knockout slows conduction and reduces inducible arrhythmias in the mouse heart. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e49203 pubmed publisher..Our finding confirms the importance of ?-AR in arrhythmogenesis and the potential role of unspecific beta-receptor-blockade as therapeutic target. ..
- Evans B, Papaioannou M, Hamilton S, Summers R. Alternative splicing generates two isoforms of the beta3-adrenoceptor which are differentially expressed in mouse tissues. Br J Pharmacol. 1999;127:1525-31 pubmed..Beta3b-AR mRNA is differentially expressed in mouse tissues, with levels relative to beta3a-AR mRNA highest in hypothalamus, cortex and white adipose tissue, and lower in ileum smooth muscle and brown adipose tissue. ..
- Swoap S, Li C, Wess J, Parsons A, Williams T, Overton J. Vagal tone dominates autonomic control of mouse heart rate at thermoneutrality. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2008;294:H1581-8 pubmed publisher..These experiments conclusively demonstrate that in the absence of cold stress, regulation of vagal tone and modulation of intrinsic rate are important determinants of HR control in the mouse. ..