Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Adcy9
Description: adenylate cyclase 9
Alias: AC9, ACtp10, AW125421, D16Wsu65e, mKIAA0520, adenylate cyclase type 9, ATP pyrophosphate-lyase 9, adenylate cyclase type IX, adenylyl cyclase 9, adenylyl cyclase type 10
- Visel A, Alvarez Bolado G, Thaller C, Eichele G. Comprehensive analysis of the expression patterns of the adenylate cyclase gene family in the developing and adult mouse brain. J Comp Neurol. 2006;496:684-97 pubmed..This is suggestive of functional specialization. ..
- Nicol X, Bennis M, Ishikawa Y, Chan G, Repérant J, Storm D, et al. Role of the calcium modulated cyclases in the development of the retinal projections. Eur J Neurosci. 2006;24:3401-14 pubmed..different AC subtypes were found in the developing retinal ganglion cell layer (RGC; AC1, AC2, AC3, AC5, AC8, and AC9), and three AC subtypes were expressed in the central brain targets, the dorsal lateral geniculate nucleus (AC1 and ..
- Baker H, Cummings D, Munger S, Margolis J, Franzen L, Reed R, et al. Targeted deletion of a cyclic nucleotide-gated channel subunit (OCNC1): biochemical and morphological consequences in adult mice. J Neurosci. 1999;19:9313-21 pubmed..The robust expression of TH in some periglomerular cells in the OCNC1-null mice suggests that receptor cells innervating these glomeruli may use an alternate signal transduction pathway. ..
- Li Y, Chen L, Kass R, Dessauer C. The A-kinase anchoring protein Yotiao facilitates complex formation between adenylyl cyclase type 9 and the IKs potassium channel in heart. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:29815-24 pubmed publisher..previously identified a subset of adenylyl cyclase (AC) isoforms that interact with Yotiao, including AC1-3 and AC9, but surprisingly, this group did not include the major cardiac isoforms AC5 and AC6...
- Paterson J, Smith S, Harmar A, Antoni F. Control of a novel adenylyl cyclase by calcineurin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1995;214:1000-8 pubmed..The enzyme messenger RNA is particularly enriched in the cerebral cortex, striatum and hippocampus, where it is localized to neuronal perikarya, indicative of an important role in neuronal function. ..
- Huang B, Zhao J, Lei Z, Shen S, Li D, Shen G, et al. miR-142-3p restricts cAMP production in CD4+CD25- T cells and CD4+CD25+ TREG cells by targeting AC9 mRNA. EMBO Rep. 2009;10:180-5 pubmed publisher..miR-142-3p limits the level of cAMP in CD4(+)CD25(-) T cells by inhibiting AC9 production, whereas forkhead box P3 (FOXP3) downregulates miR-142-3p to keep the AC9/cAMP pathway active in CD4(+)..