Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Actg1
Description: actin, gamma, cytoplasmic 1
Alias: AL023024, Actg, Actl, E51, actin, cytoplasmic 2, beta-actin FE-3, gamma-actin
- Wu X, Lee S, Sheng J, Zhang Z, Zhao W, Wang D, et al. Actin Is Crucial for All Kinetically Distinguishable Forms of Endocytosis at Synapses. Neuron. 2016;92:1020-1035 pubmed publisher..We conclude that polymerized actin provides mechanical force essential for all kinetically distinguishable forms of endocytosis at synapses. ..
- Peter B, Man Y, Begg C, Gall I, Leader D. Mouse cytoskeletal gamma-actin: analysis and implications of the structure of cloned cDNA and processed pseudogenes. J Mol Biol. 1988;203:665-75 pubmed..One way of accounting for the features of this anomalous pseudogene is by postulating that it is derived from a second functional gene for gamma-actin, different from that represented by the cDNA described here. ..
- Albano R, Arkell R, Beddington R, Smith J. Expression of inhibin subunits and follistatin during postimplantation mouse development: decidual expression of activin and expression of follistatin in primitive streak, somites and hindbrain. Development. 1994;120:803-13 pubmed..These results are consistent with a role for activin in mesoderm formation in the mouse embryo, and suggest functions for follistatin in addition to its role as an inhibitor of activin. ..
- Vandekerckhove J, Weber K. Actin amino-acid sequences. Comparison of actins from calf thymus, bovine brain, and SV40-transformed mouse 3T3 cells with rabbit skeletal muscle actin. Eur J Biochem. 1978;90:451-62 pubmed..In addition documentation for a few minor revisions of the amino acid sequence of rabbit skeletal muscle actin is provided. ..
- Willison K, Dudley K, Potter J. Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of a haploid expressed gene encoding t complex polypeptide 1. Cell. 1986;44:727-38 pubmed..DNA sequence comparison of the Tcp-1 genes suggests that the t haplotype chromosome arose within the genus Mus more than one million years ago. ..
- Tokunaga K, Takeda K, Kamiyama K, Kageyama H, Takenaga K, Sakiyama S. Isolation of cDNA clones for mouse cytoskeletal gamma-actin and differential expression of cytoskeletal actin mRNAs in mouse cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1988;8:3929-33 pubmed..These results suggest that there are multiple regulatory mechanisms of cytoskeletal actin genes and are consistent with the argument that beta- and gamma-actins might have functional diversity in mammalian cells. ..
- Ma Z, Sharp K, Janmey P, Finkel T. Surface-anchored monomeric agonist pMHCs alone trigger TCR with high sensitivity. PLoS Biol. 2008;6:e43 pubmed publisher..Based on these observations, we propose the receptor deformation model of TCR triggering to explain the remarkable sensitivity and specificity of TCR triggering. ..
- Ohno M, Aoki N, Sasaki H. Allele-specific detection of nascent transcripts by fluorescence in situ hybridization reveals temporal and culture-induced changes in Igf2 imprinting during pre-implantation mouse development. Genes Cells. 2001;6:249-59 pubmed..ASO-RNA-FISH is therefore a powerful technique for the study of allele-specific gene expression. ..
- Higashida C, Suetsugu S, Tsuji T, Monypenny J, Narumiya S, Watanabe N. G-actin regulates rapid induction of actin nucleation by mDia1 to restore cellular actin polymers. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:3403-12 pubmed publisher..Taken together, we propose that transient accumulation of G-actin works as a cue to promote mDia1-catalyzed actin nucleation to execute rapid reassembly of actin filaments. ..
- Lloyd C, Berendse M, Lloyd D, Schevzov G, Grounds M. A novel role for non-muscle gamma-actin in skeletal muscle sarcomere assembly. Exp Cell Res. 2004;297:82-96 pubmed..Consequently, a modified model is proposed which describes the role of gamma-actin in skeletal sarcomere assembly. ..
- Legendre K, Safieddine S, Küssel Andermann P, Petit C, El Amraoui A. alphaII-betaV spectrin bridges the plasma membrane and cortical lattice in the lateral wall of the auditory outer hair cells. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:3347-56 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the cortical network involved in the sound-induced electromotility of OHCs contains alphaII-betaV spectrin, and not the conventional alphaII-betaII spectrin. ..
- Zhang D, Piazza V, Perrin B, Rzadzinska A, Poczatek J, Wang M, et al. Multi-isotope imaging mass spectrometry reveals slow protein turnover in hair-cell stereocilia. Nature. 2012;481:520-4 pubmed publisher..Thus, rapid turnover in stereocilia occurs only at the tips and not by a treadmilling process...
- Li C, Sathyamurthy A, Oldenborg A, Tank D, Ramanan N. SRF phosphorylation by glycogen synthase kinase-3 promotes axon growth in hippocampal neurons. J Neurosci. 2014;34:4027-42 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings reveal a novel phosphorylation and activation of SRF by GSK-3 that is critical for SRF-dependent axon growth in mammalian central neurons. ..
- Brockmann C, Huarte J, Dugina V, Challet L, Rey E, Conne B, et al. Beta- and gamma-cytoplasmic actins are required for meiosis in mouse oocytes. Biol Reprod. 2011;85:1025-39 pubmed publisher..Finally, differences in gamma-CYA expression are amongst the earliest markers of cell fate determination in development. ..
- Schevzov G, Lloyd C, Gunning P. High level expression of transfected beta- and gamma-actin genes differentially impacts on myoblast cytoarchitecture. J Cell Biol. 1992;117:775-85 pubmed..In particular, we conclude that the beta- and gamma-actin genes encode functionally distinct cytoarchitectural information. ..
- Palis J, Kingsley P. Differential gene expression during early murine yolk sac development. Mol Reprod Dev. 1995;42:19-27 pubmed..These results are consistent with the hypothesis that at E7.5, the yolk sac endoderm provides differentiated liver-like functions, while the newly developing extraembryonic mesoderm is still a largely undifferentiated tissue. ..
- Kim E, Waters S, Hake L, Hecht N. Identification and developmental expression of a smooth-muscle gamma-actin in postmeiotic male germ cells of mice. Mol Cell Biol. 1989;9:1875-81 pubmed..These studies demonstrate the existence of an SMGA in male haploid germ cells. The implications of the existence of an SMGA in male germ cells are discussed. ..
- Rullo J, Becker H, Hyduk S, Wong J, Digby G, Arora P, et al. Actin polymerization stabilizes ?4?1 integrin anchors that mediate monocyte adhesion. J Cell Biol. 2012;197:115-29 pubmed publisher..These included activation of Rap1, phosphoinositide 3-kinase ? isoform, and Rac but not Cdc42. Thus, rapid signaling and structural adaptations enable leukocytes to stabilize adhesion and resist detachment forces. ..
- Ernkvist M, Luna Persson N, Audebert S, Lecine P, Sinha I, Liu M, et al. The Amot/Patj/Syx signaling complex spatially controls RhoA GTPase activity in migrating endothelial cells. Blood. 2009;113:244-53 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate that the directional migration of capillaries in the embryo is governed by the Amot:Patj/Mupp1:Syx signaling that controls local GTPase activity. ..
- Sympson C, Singleton D, Geoghegan T. Cytochalasin D-induced actin gene expression in murine erythroleukemia cells. Exp Cell Res. 1993;205:225-31 pubmed..By contrast, a minimal 99-bp actin promoter-CAT construct containing a functional SRE did not respond to CD. ..
- Bunnell T, Burbach B, Shimizu Y, Ervasti J. ?-Actin specifically controls cell growth, migration, and the G-actin pool. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:4047-58 pubmed publisher..These data support an essential role for ?-actin in regulating cell migration and gene expression through control of the cellular G-actin pool. ..
- Yuan B, Wan P, Chu D, Nie J, Cao Y, Luo W, et al. A cardiomyocyte-specific Wdr1 knockout demonstrates essential functional roles for actin disassembly during myocardial growth and maintenance in mice. Am J Pathol. 2014;184:1967-80 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that AIP1-regulated actin dynamics play essential roles in heart function in mice. ..
- Tondeleir D, Drogat B, Slowicka K, Bakkali K, Bartunkova S, Goossens S, et al. Beta-Actin Is Involved in Modulating Erythropoiesis during Development by Fine-Tuning Gata2 Expression Levels. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67855 pubmed publisher..These results provide new molecular insights for a novel function of beta-actin in erythropoiesis by modulating the expression levels of Gata2 in vivo. ..
- Rivera G, Vasilescu D, Papayannopoulos V, Lim W, Mayer B. A reciprocal interdependence between Nck and PI(4,5)P(2) promotes localized N-WASp-mediated actin polymerization in living cells. Mol Cell. 2009;36:525-35 pubmed publisher..This study uncovers a strong reciprocal interdependence between Nck and PI(4,5)P(2) in promoting localized N-WASp-mediated actin polymerization in cells. ..
- Dupuis L, Kern C. Small leucine-rich proteoglycans exhibit unique spatiotemporal expression profiles during cardiac valve development. Dev Dyn. 2014;243:601-11 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we speculate that SLRPs may not only be required to facilitate collagen fiber formation but may also regulate TGF? signaling in the murine heart. ..
- Cleveland D, Lopata M, MacDonald R, Cowan N, Rutter W, Kirschner M. Number and evolutionary conservation of alpha- and beta-tubulin and cytoplasmic beta- and gamma-actin genes using specific cloned cDNA probes. Cell. 1980;20:95-105 pubmed
- Schreiber J, VÃ©gh M, Dawitz J, Kroon T, Loos M, LabontÃ© D, et al. Ubiquitin ligase TRIM3 controls hippocampal plasticity and learning by regulating synaptic Î³-actin levels. J Cell Biol. 2015;211:569-86 pubmed publisher..We show that synaptic Î³-actin levels are regulated by the E3 ubiquitin ligase TRIM3. TRIM3 protein and Actg1 transcript are colocalized in messenger ribonucleoprotein granules responsible for the dendritic targeting of ..
- Schevzov G, Lloyd C, Gunning P. Impact of altered actin gene expression on vinculin, talin, cell spreading, and motility. DNA Cell Biol. 1995;14:689-700 pubmed..However, a relationship between talin and cell motility was found to exist, suggesting a role for talin in the establishment of focal contacts necessary for motility. ..
- Rienhoff H, Groudine M. Regulation of amyloid A gene expression in cultured cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1988;8:3710-6 pubmed..These observations suggest that conditioned medium contains a factor(s) that acts directly on hepatocytes to regulate SAA3 mRNA processing. ..
- Drummond M, Friderici K. A novel actin mRNA splice variant regulates ACTG1 expression. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003743 pubmed publisher..We identified a novel cytoplasmic-γ-actin (Actg1) transcript that includes a previously unidentified exon (3a)...
- Chen Y, Derin R, Petralia R, Li M. Actinfilin, a brain-specific actin-binding protein in postsynaptic density. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:30495-501 pubmed publisher..The results showed the postsynaptic density distribution of actinfilin. Together, these results indicate that actinfilin may be a key player in the actin-based neuronal function...
- Percharde M, Wong P, Ramalho Santos M. Global Hypertranscription in the Mouse Embryonic Germline. Cell Rep. 2017;19:1987-1996 pubmed publisher..This study provides a paradigm for transcriptional analyses during development and reveals a major global hyperactivity of the germline transcriptome. ..
- Lin G, McCormick J, Johnstone R. Is gamma-actin a regulator of amino acid transport?. Am J Physiol. 1996;270:C1647-55 pubmed..The cloned cDNA (E51) was found to be 90% homologous to gamma-actin...
- Perkins A, Sharpe A, Orkin S. Lethal beta-thalassaemia in mice lacking the erythroid CACCC-transcription factor EKLF. Nature. 1995;375:318-22 pubmed..Its stage-specific and beta-globin-gene-specific requirement suggests that EKLF may facilitate completion of the fetal-to-adult (haemoglobin gamma to beta) switch in humans. ..