Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Acat2
Description: acetyl-Coenzyme A acetyltransferase 2
Alias: AW742799, Tcp-1x, Tcp1-rs1, acetyl-CoA acetyltransferase, cytosolic, cytosolic acetoacetyl-CoA thiolase, t-complex protein 1, related sequence 1
- Nerurkar P, Schut H, Anderson L, Riggs C, Snyderwine E, Thorgeirsson S, et al. DNA adducts of 2-amino-3-methylimidazo[4,5-f]quinoline (IQ) in colon, bladder, and kidney of congenic mice differing in Ah responsiveness and N-acetyltransferase genotype. Cancer Res. 1995;55:3043-9 pubmed..5-fold increase in adducts but only in the Ah-responsive, rapid acetylator mice. In sum, these polymorphisms influenced the level of IQ-DNA adducts in the kidney, urinary bladder, and colon in complex ways. ..
- Nguyen T, Sawyer J, Kelley K, Davis M, Rudel L. Cholesterol esterification by ACAT2 is essential for efficient intestinal cholesterol absorption: evidence from thoracic lymph duct cannulation. J Lipid Res. 2012;53:95-104 pubmed publisherThe hypothesis tested in this study was that cholesterol esterification by ACAT2 would increase cholesterol absorption efficiency by providing cholesteryl ester (CE) for incorporation into chylomicrons...
- Zwart R, Verhaagh S, De Jong J, Lyon M, Barlow D. Genetic analysis of the organic cation transporter genes Orct2/Slc22a2 and Orct3/Slc22a3 reduces the critical region for the t haplotype mutant t(w73) to 200 kb. Mamm Genome. 2001;12:734-40 pubmed..The results eliminate both Orct2 and Orct3 as candidates and further reduce the critical region containing the t(w73) mutant from 500 kb to 200 kb. ..
- Ashworth A. Two acetyl-CoA acetyltransferase genes located in the t-complex region of mouse chromosome 17 partially overlap the Tcp-1 and Tcp-1x genes. Genomics. 1993;18:195-8 pubmed..Both Acat genes appear to be transcribed in several mouse tissues. An ACAT gene also overlaps the TCP1 gene in humans, suggesting that this close linkage may have some functional significance. ..
- Dudley K, Shanahan F, Burtenshaw M, Evans E, Ruddy S, Lyon M. Isolation and characterization of a cDNA clone corresponding to the mouse t-complex gene Tcp-1x. Genet Res. 1991;57:147-52 pubmed..A search of the DNA database has failed to find any significant homology between Tcp-1x and any other sequences apart from Tcp-1. ..
- Himmelbauer H, Artzt K, Barlow D, Fischer Lindahl K, Lyon M, Klein J, et al. Encyclopedia of the mouse genome III. October 1993. Mouse chromosome 17. Mamm Genome. 1993;4 Spec No:S230-52 pubmed
- Ohshiro T, Matsuda D, Sakai K, Degirolamo C, Yagyu H, Rudel L, et al. Pyripyropene A, an acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase 2-selective inhibitor, attenuates hypercholesterolemia and atherosclerosis in murine models of hyperlipidemia. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2011;31:1108-15 pubmed publisher..compound that has been found to strongly and selectively inhibit acyl-coenzyme A:cholesterol acyltransferase 2 (ACAT2) isozyme activity in vitro...
- Rogers M, Liu J, Kushnir M, Bryleva E, Rockwood A, Meikle A, et al. Cellular pregnenolone esterification by acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:17483-92 pubmed publisher..Acyl-CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase 1 and 2 (ACAT1 and ACAT2) convert various sterols to steryl esters; their activities are activated by cholesterol...
- Nguyen T, Sawyer J, Kelley K, Davis M, Kent C, Rudel L. ACAT2 and ABCG5/G8 are both required for efficient cholesterol absorption in mice: evidence from thoracic lymph duct cannulation. J Lipid Res. 2012;53:1598-609 pubmed publisher..cassette transporter G5 and G8 heterodimer (G5G8), and acyl CoA:cholesterol acyltransferase 2 (ACAT2)...
- Pedrelli M, Davoodpour P, Degirolamo C, Gomaraschi M, Graham M, Ossoli A, et al. Hepatic ACAT2 knock down increases ABCA1 and modifies HDL metabolism in mice. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e93552 pubmed publisherb>ACAT2 is the exclusive cholesterol-esterifying enzyme in hepatocytes and enterocytes. Hepatic ABCA1 transfers unesterified cholesterol (UC) to apoAI, thus generating HDL...
- Wang Y, Bian Y, Luo J, Lu M, Xiong Y, Guo S, et al. Cholesterol and fatty acids regulate cysteine ubiquitylation of ACAT2 through competitive oxidation. Nat Cell Biol. 2017;19:808-819 pubmed publisher..However, the physiological regulation of cysteine ubiquitylation is still mysterious. Here we found that ACAT2, a cellular enzyme converting cholesterol and fatty acid to cholesteryl esters, was ubiquitylated on Cys277 for ..
- Iqbal J, Boutjdir M, Rudel L, Hussain M. Intestine-specific MTP and global ACAT2 deficiency lowers acute cholesterol absorption with chylomicrons and HDLs. J Lipid Res. 2014;55:2261-75 pubmed publisher..Chylomicrons transport free and esterified cholesterol, whereas HDLs transport free cholesterol. ACAT2 esterifies cholesterol for secretion with chylomicrons...