Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Abcc3
Description: ATP-binding cassette, sub-family C (CFTR/MRP), member 3
Alias: 1700019L09Rik, ABC31, MLP2, MOAT-D, MRP3, canalicular multispecific organic anion transporter 2, ATP-binding cassette protein C3, ATP-binding cassette sub-family C member 3, ATP-binding cassette transporter, multidrug resistance-associated protein 3, transporter
- de Waart D, Vlaming M, Kunne C, Schinkel A, Oude Elferink R. Complex pharmacokinetic behavior of ezetimibe depends on abcc2, abcc3, and abcg2. Drug Metab Dispos. 2009;37:1698-702 pubmed publisher..Presently, it is not clear which mechanisms are responsible for this efficient enterohepatic circulation. Abcc2, Abcc3, and Abcg2 are ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporters that are expressed in both liver and intestine and are ..
- Vergnes L, Lee J, Chin R, Auwerx J, Reue K. Diet1 functions in the FGF15/19 enterohepatic signaling axis to modulate bile acid and lipid levels. Cell Metab. 2013;17:916-28 pubmed publisher..Diet1 and FGF19 proteins exhibited overlapping subcellular localization in cultured intestinal cells. These results establish Diet1 as a control point in enterohepatic bile acid signaling and lipid homeostasis. ..
- Vasilyeva A, Durmus S, Li L, Wagenaar E, Hu S, Gibson A, et al. Hepatocellular Shuttling and Recirculation of Sorafenib-Glucuronide Is Dependent on Abcc2, Abcc3, and Oatp1a/1b. Cancer Res. 2015;75:2729-36 pubmed publisher..According to this model, hepatocytic bilirubin glucuronide can follow a liver-to-blood shuttling loop via Abcc3 transporter-mediated efflux and subsequent Oatp1a/1b-mediated liver uptake...
- McCarthy T, Li X, Sinal C. Vitamin D receptor-dependent regulation of colon multidrug resistance-associated protein 3 gene expression by bile acids. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:23232-42 pubmedThe multidrug resistance-associated protein 3 (MRP3) is a multispecific anion transporter that is capable of transporting a number of conjugated and unconjugated bile acids...
- Maher J, Slitt A, Cherrington N, Cheng X, Klaassen C. Tissue distribution and hepatic and renal ontogeny of the multidrug resistance-associated protein (Mrp) family in mice. Drug Metab Dispos. 2005;33:947-55 pubmed..family members is as follows: Mrp1 in testes, ovary, and placenta; Mrp2 in intestine, followed by liver and kidney; Mrp3 in large intestine; Mrp4 in kidney; Mrp5 in brain, followed by lung and stomach; Mrp6 in liver; Mrp7 in testes, ..
- Kitamura Y, Kusuhara H, Sugiyama Y. Functional characterization of multidrug resistance-associated protein 3 (mrp3/abcc3) in the basolateral efflux of glucuronide conjugates in the mouse small intestine. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2010;332:659-66 pubmed publisher..of various glucuronide conjugates from the enterocytes to the portal blood in the small intestine together with unknown transporter(s), but the contribution of Mrp3 to the basolateral efflux of 4MUG was negligible in the colon.
- de Waart D, van de Wetering K, Kunne C, Duijst S, Paulusma C, Oude Elferink R. Oral availability of cefadroxil depends on ABCC3 and ABCC4. Drug Metab Dispos. 2012;40:515-21 pubmed publisherSome cephalosporins, such as cefadroxil, are orally available. H(+)-coupled peptide transporter 1 mediates the transport of cephalosporins across the apical membrane of enterocytes...
- van de Wetering K, Zelcer N, Kuil A, Feddema W, Hillebrand M, Vlaming M, et al. Multidrug resistance proteins 2 and 3 provide alternative routes for hepatic excretion of morphine-glucuronides. Mol Pharmacol. 2007;72:387-94 pubmed..of biliary M3G secretion in Mrp2(-/-) mice results in its increased sinusoidal transport that can be attributed to Mrp3. Combined loss of Mrp2 and Mrp3 leads to a substantial accumulation of M3G in the liver, from which it is ..
- Kruh G, Belinsky M, Gallo J, Lee K. Physiological and pharmacological functions of Mrp2, Mrp3 and Mrp4 as determined from recent studies on gene-disrupted mice. Cancer Metastasis Rev. 2007;26:5-14 pubmed..Recently, mice with gene disruptions in Mrp2, Mrp3 and Mrp4 have been developed...
- Fukumoto K, Kikuchi S, Itoh N, Tamura A, Hata M, Yamagishi H, et al. Effects of genetic backgrounds on hyperbilirubinemia in radixin-deficient mice due to different expression levels of Mrp3. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1772:298-306 pubmed..reported that the knockout of radixin resulted in Rdx(-/-) mice with displacement/loss of the canalicular transporter Mrp2, giving rise to Dubin-Johnson syndrome-like conjugated hyperbilirubinemia in the mixed genetic background (..
- van de Steeg E, Stránecký V, Hartmannova H, Noskova L, Hrebicek M, Wagenaar E, et al. Complete OATP1B1 and OATP1B3 deficiency causes human Rotor syndrome by interrupting conjugated bilirubin reuptake into the liver. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:519-28 pubmed publisher..Using mice deficient in Oatp1a/1b and in the multispecific sinusoidal export pump Abcc3, we found that Abcc3 secretes bilirubin conjugates into the blood, while Oatp1a/1b transporters mediate their ..
- Belinsky M, Dawson P, Shchaveleva I, Bain L, Wang R, Ling V, et al. Analysis of the in vivo functions of Mrp3. Mol Pharmacol. 2005;68:160-8 pubmedMultidrug resistance protein 3 (MRP3) is an ATP-binding cassette transporter that is able to confer resistance to anticancer agents such as etoposide and to transport lipophilic anions such as bile acids and glucuronides...
- Cruz L, Guerra M, Kruglov E, Mennone A, Garcia C, Chen J, et al. Regulation of multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 by calcium signaling in mouse liver. Hepatology. 2010;52:327-37 pubmed publisherMultidrug resistance associated protein 2 (Mrp2) is a canalicular transporter responsible for organic anion secretion into bile...
- Tai T, Mi Q, Ji J, Yin Q, Pan Y, Zhang M, et al. Enhanced Platelet Response to Clopidogrel in Abcc3-deficient Mice Due to Its Increased Bioactivation. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2016;68:433-440 pubmed..an inactive prodrug) has been recently reported to be associated with increased messenger RNA expression of ABCC3 that encodes MRP3 (multidrug resistance-associated protein 3)...
- Tanaka Y, Yoshikawa M, Kobayashi Y, Kuroda M, Kaito M, Shiroi A, et al. Expressions of hepatobiliary organic anion transporters and bilirubin-conjugating enzyme in differentiating embryonic stem cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;309:324-30 pubmed..of organic anion transporting polypeptide 1 (oatp1), multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 (mrp1), mrp2, mrp3, and ugt1a1 was not seen in the undifferentiated HNF-3beta-ES cells by RT-PCR, whereas all were expressed in ..
- Vlaming M, van Esch A, Pala Z, Wagenaar E, van de Wetering K, van Tellingen O, et al. Abcc2 (Mrp2), Abcc3 (Mrp3), and Abcg2 (Bcrp1) are the main determinants for rapid elimination of methotrexate and its toxic metabolite 7-hydroxymethotrexate in vivo. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009;8:3350-9 pubmed publisherThe multidrug transporters ABCC2, ABCC3, and ABCG2 can eliminate potentially toxic compounds from the body and have overlapping substrate specificities...
- Rao A, Haywood J, Craddock A, Belinsky M, Kruh G, Dawson P. The organic solute transporter alpha-beta, Ostalpha-Ostbeta, is essential for intestinal bile acid transport and homeostasis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:3891-6 pubmed publisherThe apical sodium-dependent bile acid transporter (Asbt) is responsible for transport across the intestinal brush border membrane; however, the carrier(s) responsible for basolateral bile acid export into the portal circulation remains ..
- Sebastiani G, Krzywkowski P, Dudal S, Yu M, Paquette J, Malo D, et al. Mapping genetic modulators of amyloid plaque deposition in TgCRND8 transgenic mice. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:2313-23 pubmed..Further characterization of these QTL regions may lead to the identification of genes involved in the pathogenesis of AD. ..
- Vlaming M, Pala Z, van Esch A, Wagenaar E, van Tellingen O, de Waart D, et al. Impact of Abcc2 (Mrp2) and Abcc3 (Mrp3) on the in vivo elimination of methotrexate and its main toxic metabolite 7-hydroxymethotrexate. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:8152-60 pubmed publisherATP-binding cassette sub-family C member 2 [ABCC2; multidrug resistance-associated protein 2 (MRP2)] and ABCC3 (MRP3) mediate the elimination of toxic compounds, such as drugs and carcinogens, and have a large overlap in substrate ..
- Liu J, Glickman J, Masyuk A, Larusso N. Cholangiocyte bile salt transporters in cholesterol gallstone-susceptible and resistant inbred mouse strains. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2008;23:1596-602 pubmed publisher..Expression of cholangiocyte bile salt transporter proteins ASBT (SLC10A2), ILBP (FABP6), and MRP3 (ABCC3) were studied by Western blot analysis...
- Mazumdar M, Lee J, Sengupta K, Ried T, Rane S, Misteli T. Tumor formation via loss of a molecular motor protein. Curr Biol. 2006;16:1559-64 pubmed..Our results support the notion that loss of a molecular motor leads to tumor formation and that aneuploidy can act as a primary trigger of tumorigenesis. ..