Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Abcc1
Description: ATP-binding cassette, sub-family C (CFTR/MRP), member 1
Alias: Abcc1a, Abcc1b, MRP, Mdrap, Mrp1, ATP-binding cassette, sub-family C (CFTR/MRP), member 1a, ATP-binding cassette, sub-family C (CFTR/MRP), member 1b, LTC4 transporter, leukotriene C(4) transporter, multidrug resistance-associated protein 1, multiple drug resistance-associated protein
- Mice lacking the multidrug resistance protein 1 are resistant to Streptococcus pneumoniae-induced pneumoniaM J Schultz
Laboratory of Experimental Internal Medicine, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 166:4059-64. 2001Leukotrienes (LTs) are considered important for antibacterial defense in the lung. Multidrug resistance protein 1 (mrp1) is a transmembrane protein responsible for the cellular extrusion of LTC(4)...
- Identification and characterization of the canine multidrug resistance-associated proteinLiandong Ma
Division of Cancer Research, Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana 46285, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 1:1335-42. 2002Human multidrug resistance protein 1 (MRP1) confers resistance to the Vinca alkaloids, the anthracyclines, and the epipodophyllotoxins...
- Function of prokaryotic and eukaryotic ABC proteins in lipid transportAntje Pohl
Humboldt University Berlin, Institute of Biology, Invalidenstr 42, D 10115 Berlin, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1733:29-52. 2005..In particular, further purification and reconstitution experiments with an unambiguous role of ATP hydrolysis are needed to demonstrate a clear involvement of ABC proteins in lipid transbilayer asymmetry...
- The role of the multidrug resistance protein-1 in modulation of endothelial cell oxidative stressCornelius F H Mueller
Emory University Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, and the Atlanta Veterans Administration Hospital, Georgia 30322, USA
Circ Res 97:637-44. 2005..We found that human endothelial cells express the multidrug resistance protein-1 (MRP1) and use this as their major exporter of GSSG...
- Lipopolysaccharide increases the expression of multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 (MRP1) in RAW 264.7 macrophagesPeter S Silverstein
Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Pharmacy, University of Missouri Kansas City, Kansas City, MO 64108, USA
J Neuroimmune Pharmacol 5:516-20. 2010Multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 (MRP-1) is a ubiquitously expressed member of the ATP-binding cassette transporter family. MRP-1 is one of the primary transporters of glutathione and glutathione conjugates...
- Cerebral amyloid-β proteostasis is regulated by the membrane transport protein ABCC1 in miceMarkus Krohn
Department of Neurology, Neurodegeneration Research Laboratory, University of Rostock, Rostock, Germany
J Clin Invest 121:3924-31. 2011..were further genetically modified to lack specific ABC transporters, here we have shown that the transporter ABCC1 has an important role in cerebral Aβ clearance and accumulation...
- Multidrug resistance protein 1 protects the choroid plexus epithelium and contributes to the blood-cerebrospinal fluid barrierJ Wijnholds
Division of Molecular Biology and Center for Biomedical Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Clin Invest 105:279-85. 2000Multidrug resistance protein 1 (MRP1) is a transporter protein that helps to protect normal cells and tumor cells against the influx of certain xenobiotics...
- Differential, strain-specific cellular and subcellular distribution of multidrug transporters in murine choroid plexus and blood-brain barrierA Soontornmalai
University of Zurich, Institute of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH 8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Neuroscience 138:159-69. 2006..We report that four ATP-binding cassette transporters, Mdr1, Mrp1, Mrp2 and Mrp5 can be detected in brain endothelial cells, forming three distinct layers, with Mdr1 and Mrp5 being ..
- Mutation of a single conserved tryptophan in multidrug resistance protein 1 (MRP1/ABCC1) results in loss of drug resistance and selective loss of organic anion transportK Ito
Cancer Research Laboratories, Queen s University, Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6, Canada
J Biol Chem 276:15616-24. 2001Multidrug resistance protein 1 (MRP1/ABCC1) belongs to the ATP-binding cassette transporter superfamily and is capable of conferring resistance to a broad range of chemotherapeutic agents and transporting structurally diverse conjugated ..
- Structure and expression of the messenger RNA encoding the murine multidrug resistance protein, an ATP-binding cassette transporterB D Stride
Cancer Research Laboratories, Queen s University, Kingston, Canada
Mol Pharmacol 49:962-71. 1996In vitro, overexpression of the human multidrug-resistance protein (MRP) causes a form of multidrug resistance similar to that conferred by P-glycoprotein, although the two proteins are only very distantly related...
- Mice lacking multidrug resistance protein 3 show altered morphine pharmacokinetics and morphine-6-glucuronide antinociceptionNoam Zelcer
Division of Molecular Biology and Center of Biomedical Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:7274-9. 2005..The pharamacokinetics of injected morphine-glucuronides are altered as well in the absence of Mrp3, and this results in a decreased antinociceptive potency of injected morphine-6-glucuronide...
- The leukotriene C(4) transporter MRP1 regulates CCL19 (MIP-3beta, ELC)-dependent mobilization of dendritic cells to lymph nodesD F Robbiani
Department of Pathology and Immunology Program Weill Medical College and Graduate School of Medical Sciences of Cornell University, New York, NY 10029, USA
Cell 103:757-68. 2000..skin to lymph nodes utilizes the leukotriene C(4) (LTC(4)) transporter multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 (MRP1)...
- Disruption of the murine MRP (multidrug resistance protein) gene leads to increased sensitivity to etoposide (VP-16) and increased levels of glutathioneA Lorico
Department of Pharmacology, Cancer Center, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Cancer Res 57:5238-42. 1997The mrp (multidrug resistance protein) gene has been associated with the multidrug resistance of cancer cells in vitro and in vivo...
- The pharmacological phenotype of combined multidrug-resistance mdr1a/1b- and mrp1-deficient miceD R Johnson
Department of Pharmacology and Developmental Therapeutics Program, Cancer Center and Section of Comparative Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Cancer Res 61:1469-76. 2001..agents, we have used mice genetically deficient in both the mdr1a and mdr1b genes [mdr1a/1b(-/-) mice], the mrp1 gene [mrp1(-/-) mice], and the combined genes mdr1a/1b and mrp1 [mdr1a/1b(-/-), mrp1(-/-) mice] and embryonic ..
- Different pattern of MRP localization in ciliated and basal cells from human bronchial epitheliumJ M Brechot
Laboratoire d Histologie Biologie Tumorale, Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris VI, Hopital Tenon, Paris, France
J Histochem Cytochem 46:513-7. 1998The MRP (multidrug resistance-associated protein) transmembrane transporter, which actively transports a wide variety of lipophilic substrates out of cancer cells, has been suggested to play a major role in cell detoxification via efflux ..
- Mice lacking the multidrug resistance protein 1 have a transiently impaired immune response during tuberculosisA Verbon
Department of Infectious Diseases, Tropical Medicine and AIDS, Laboratory of Experimental Internal Medicine and Department of Pathology, Academic Medical Centre, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Clin Exp Immunol 130:32-6. 2002..To determine the role of Mrp1 in the pathogenesis of tuberculosis, Mrp1 deficient (-/-) and normal wild type mice were intranasally infected with ..
- Increased sensitivity to anticancer drugs and decreased inflammatory response in mice lacking the multidrug resistance-associated proteinJ Wijnholds
Division of Molecular Biology, Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
Nat Med 3:1275-9. 1997The multidrug resistance-associated protein (MRP) mediates the cellular excretion of many drugs, glutathione S-conjugates (GS-X) of lipophilic xenobiotics and endogenous cysteinyl leukotrienes...
- Mechanism of RPE cell death in α-crystallin deficient mice: a novel and critical role for MRP1-mediated GSH effluxParameswaran G Sreekumar
Arnold and Mabel Beckman Macular Research Center, Doheny Eye Institute, Los Angeles, California, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e33420. 2012..Multiple multidrug resistance protein (MRP) family isoforms were expressed in RPE, among which MRP1 was the most abundant...
- Metallothionein blocks oxidative DNA damage in vitroWei Qu
Inorganic Toxicology Group, National Toxicology Program Laboratory, Division of the National Toxicology Program, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Arch Toxicol 87:311-21. 2013..Cd or H(2)O(2) exposure increased the expression of key transport genes, Mrp1 and Mrp2, in WT cells but not in MT-null cells...
- ABC transporters B1, C1 and G2 differentially regulate neuroregeneration in miceToni Schumacher
Neurodegeneration Research Laboratory NRL, Department of Neurology, Universities of Rostock and Magdeburg, Magdeburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e35613. 2012..Therefore, we sought to determine brain-related phenotypic changes in animals lacking the expression of distinct ABC transporters (ABCB1, ABCG2 or ABCC1).
- Glutathione-mediated neuroprotection against methylmercury neurotoxicity in cortical culture is dependent on MRP1Travis Rush
Department of Biomedical Sciences, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI 53233, USA
Neurotoxicology 33:476-81. 2012..Inhibition of multidrug resistance protein-1 (MRP1) potentiated MeHg neurotoxicity and increased cellular MeHg...
- Apolipoprotein-E controls adenosine triphosphate-binding cassette transporters ABCB1 and ABCC1 on cerebral microvessels after methamphetamine intoxicationAyman ElAli
Department of Neurology, University Hospital Essen, Hufelandstr 55, D 45122 Essen, Germany
Stroke 43:1647-53. 2012....
- Targeted ablation of Abcc1 or Abcc3 in Abcc6(-/-) mice does not modify the ectopic mineralization processQiaoli Li
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology, Jefferson Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA 19107, USA
Exp Dermatol 16:853-9. 2007..Analysis of the transcript levels of Abcc1-10 and 12 in the liver of Abcc6 (-/-) mice by quantitative RT-PCR indicated that the levels of other C family ..
- Reduced inflammatory response in cigarette smoke exposed Mrp1/Mdr1a/1b deficient miceMargaretha van der Deen
Pulmonology Department, University Medical Center Groningen and University of Groningen, The Netherlands
Respir Res 8:49. 2007..The ABC transporters multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 (MRP1) and P-glycoprotein (P-gp/MDR1) extrude a wide variety of toxic substances across cellular membranes and are highly ..
- Role of the multidrug resistance protein-1 in hypertension and vascular dysfunction caused by angiotensin IIJulian D Widder
Emory University, Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine and the Atlanta Veterans Administration Hospital, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:762-8. 2007Human endothelial cells use the multidrug resistance protein-1 (MRP1) to export glutathione disulfide (GSSG). This can promotes thiol loss during states of increased glutathione oxidation...
- cGMP transport by vesicles from human and mouse erythrocytesCornelia J F De Wolf
Department of Molecular Biology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
FEBS J 274:439-50. 2007..The relative contribution of ABCC4/Abcc4 and ABCG2/Abcg2 in cGMP transport was confirmed with a new inhibitor of ABCC4 transport, the protease inhibitor 4-(2-aminoethyl)benzenesulfonyl fluoride...
- Multidrug resistance related protein (ABCC1) and its role on nitrite production by the murine macrophage cell line RAW 264.7Daniela F P Leite
Instituto de Bioquimica Medica, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Biochem Pharmacol 73:665-74. 2007Multidrug resistance related protein 1 (MRP1/ABCC1) is an ABC transporter protein related to the extrusion of reduced glutathione (GSH), oxidized glutathione (GSSG) and GSH-conjugates, as well as leukotriene C(4) and cyclopentane ..
- Changes in dipole membrane potential at the mouse blood-brain barrier enhance the transport of 99mTechnetium Sestamibi more than inhibiting Abcb1, Abcc1, or Abcg2Julie Cattelotte
INSERM U705, CNRS UMR 7157, Universite Paris Descartes, Universite Paris Diderot, Paris, France
J Neurochem 108:767-75. 2009..determine the influence of BBB features like the ATP-binding cassette transporters (Abcb1/P-glycoprotein (P-gp), Abcc1/Mrp1, and Abcg2/Bcrp), organic cation transporters (Slc22a1-3/Oct1-3), the transmembrane potential and the dipole ..
- Development and characterization of multidrug resistant human hepatocarcinoma cell line in nude miceBao Jin Zhai
Clinical Center for Tumor Therapy of 2nd Affiliated Hospital, Box 153, Institute of Ultra sonic Engineering in Medicine, Chongqing University of Medical Sciences, 1 Medical College Road, Chongqing 400016, China
World J Gastroenterol 12:6614-9. 2006..To establish a multidrug resistant (MDR) cell sub-line from the human hepatocarcinoma cell line (HepG2) in nude mice...
- Multidrug-resistance-associated protein 1 (Mrp1) is probably not required for murine Th cell activationPeter Kleemann
Institut fuer Medizinische Mikrobiologie und Krankenhaushygiene, University of Marburg, BMFZ, Hans Meerweinstrasse, 35043 Marburg, Germany
Int Immunol 18:1603-6. 2006Previously, we have demonstrated that multidrug-resistance-associated protein 1 (Mrp1) represents an activation marker for murine Th1 cells and is constitutively expressed by Th2 cells...
- Multidrug resistance protein-1 affects oxidative stress, endothelial dysfunction, and atherogenesis via leukotriene C4 exportCornelius F H Mueller
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Universitatsklinikum Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
Circulation 117:2912-8. 2008We recently showed that the multidrug resistance related protein-1 (MRP1) is important for the management of oxidative stress in vascular cells. However, the underlying mechanism and the in vivo relevance of these findings remain elusive...
- Role of multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 in the pathogenesis of allergic airway inflammationMasakata Yoshioka
Dept of Respiratory Medicine, Juntendo Univ School of Medicine, 2 1 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8421, Japan
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 296:L30-6. 2009Multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 (MRP1) is a cysteinyl leukotriene (CysLT) export pump expressed on mast cells. CysLTs are crucial mediators in allergic airway disease...
- Inhibition of leukotriene C4 action reduces oxidative stress and apoptosis in cardiomyocytes and impedes remodeling after myocardial injuryUlrich M Becher
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Innere Medizin, Universitatsklinikum Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105 Bonn, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 50:570-7. 2011..We investigated whether release of LTC(4)via the multidrug resistance related protein 1 (MRP1) induces apoptosis in cardiomyocytes in vitro and in vivo...
- Function of MRP1/ABCC1 is not dependent on cholesterol or cholesterol-stabilized lipid raftsPéter Mészaros
Department of Cell Biology, Section Membrane Cell Biology, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, A Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Biochem J 437:483-91. 2011MRP1 (multidrug-resistance-related protein 1)/ABCC1 (ATP-binding cassette transporter C1) has been localized in cholesterol-enriched lipid rafts, which suggests a role for these lipid rafts and/or cholesterol in MRP1 function...
- Multidrug resistance-related protein 1 (MRP1) function and localization depend on cortical actinIna Hummel
University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, Department of Cell Biology, Section Membrane Cell Biology, A Deusinglaan 1, 9713 AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Mol Pharmacol 79:229-40. 2011MRP1 (ABCC1) is known to be localized in lipid rafts. Here we show in two different cell lines that localization of Mrp1/MRP1 (Abcc1/ABCC1) in lipid rafts and its function as an efflux pump are dependent on cortical actin...
- Mice lacking Mrp1 have reduced testicular steroid hormone levels and alterations in steroid biosynthetic enzymesJeffrey C Sivils
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Texas at El Paso, El Paso, TX, USA
Gen Comp Endocrinol 167:51-9. 2010The multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 (MRP1/ABCC1) is a member of the ABC active transporter family that can transport several steroid hormone conjugates, including 17beta-estradiol glucuronide, dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (..
- Expressions of multidrug resistance protein 1 and multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 in lung dendritic cellsHirotsugu Hasegawa
The Second Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Hamamatsu University School of Medicine, 1 20 1 Handayama, Hamamatsu 431 3192, Japan
Life Sci 89:282-7. 2011Multidrug resistance protein 1 (MDR1) and multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 (MRP1) are ATP-binding cassette transporters that mediate the efflux of a broad spectrum of substances and xenobiotics from cells in barrier organs...
- Identification of multidrug resistance protein 1 (MRP1/ABCC1) as a molecular gate for cellular export of cobalaminRasmus Beedholm-Ebsen
Department of Medical Biochemistry, University of Aarhus, Aarhus, Denmark
Blood 115:1632-9. 2010..cellular gene silencing showed a role in cellular Cbl efflux of the ATP-binding cassette (ABC)-drug transporter, ABCC1, alias multidrug resistance protein 1 (MRP1), which is present in the basolateral membrane of intestinal ..
- ABCC multidrug transporters in childhood neuroblastoma: clinical and biological effects independent of cytotoxic drug effluxMichelle J Henderson
Experimental Therapeutics and Molecular Diagnostics Program, Children s Cancer Institute Australia for Medical Research, Lowy Cancer Research Centre, University of New South Wales, P O Box 81, Randwick, NSW 2031, Australia
J Natl Cancer Inst 103:1236-51. 2011....
- Angiotensin II triggers release of leukotriene C4 in vascular smooth muscle cells via the multidrug resistance-related protein 1Cornelius F H Mueller
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik II, Innere Medizin, Universitatsklinikum Bonn, Sigmund Freud Str 25, 53105, Bonn, Germany
Mol Cell Biochem 333:261-7. 2010The multidrug resistance-related protein-1 (MRP1) is important for the management of oxidative stress in vascular cells in vivo...
- Sox17-dependent gene expression and early heart and gut development in Sox17-deficient mouse embryosSabine Pfister
Embryology Unit, Children s Medical Research Institute, New South Wales, Australia
Int J Dev Biol 55:45-58. 2011..This is associated with the defective development of the heart in the mutant embryos, which is accompanied by localised loss of Myocd-expressing cardiogenic progenitors and the malformation of the anterior intestinal portal...
- Interferon-gamma plays protective roles in sodium arsenite-induced renal injury by up-regulating intrarenal multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 expressionAkihiko Kimura
Department of Forensic Medicine, Wakayama Medical University, 811 1 Kimiidera, Wakayama 641 8509, Japan
Am J Pathol 169:1118-28. 2006..NF-E2-related factor (Nrf) 2 protein, a transcription factor crucial for MRP1 gene expression, was similarly increased in the kidneys of both strains of mice after NaAs treatment...
- Modulation of dendritic cell trafficking to and from the airwaysClaudia Jakubzick
Department of Gene and Cell Medicine, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, 1425 Madison Avenue, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Immunol 176:3578-84. 2006....
- A family of drug transporters: the multidrug resistance-associated proteinsP Borst
Division of Molecular Biology and Center of Biomedical Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
J Natl Cancer Inst 92:1295-302. 2000..However, MRP1, MRP2, and MRP3 can also cause resistance to neutral organic drugs that are not known to be conjugated to acidic ..
- Identification of 18 mouse ABC genes and characterization of the ABC superfamily in Mus musculusL M Schriml
Human Genetics Section, Laboratory of Genomic Diversity, National Cancer Institute Frederick Cancer Research and Development Center, Frederick, MD 21702, USA
Genomics 64:24-31. 2000..The mouse ABC genes could be grouped into the seven previously described human ABC subfamilies. Three mouse ABC genes mapped to regions implicated in cholesterol gallstone susceptibility...
- Conjugate export pumps of the multidrug resistance protein (MRP) family: localization, substrate specificity, and MRP2-mediated drug resistanceJ Konig
Division of Tumor Biochemistry, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, D 69120, Heidelberg, Germany
Biochim Biophys Acta 1461:377-94. 1999..to glutathione, glucuronate, or sulfate have been identified as members of the multidrug resistance protein (MRP) family...
- The multidrug resistance protein familyP Borst
Division of Molecular Biology and Center for Biomedical Genetics, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Plesmanlaan 121, 1066 CX, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Biochim Biophys Acta 1461:347-57. 1999The human multidrug resistance protein (MRP) family contains at least six members: MRP1, the godfather of the family and well known as the multidrug resistance protein, and five homologs, called MRP2-6...
- New insights into the biology and pharmacology of the multidrug resistance protein (MRP) from gene knockout modelsG Rappa
Department of Tumor Biology, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Montebello, Oslo
Biochem Pharmacol 58:557-62. 1999Growing interest in the MRP (multidrug resistance protein) gene stems from its importance in multidrug resistance to chemotherapy, its possible use in gene therapy, and its relationship with the glutathione system...
- Transbilayer movement of NBD-labeled phospholipids in red blood cell membranes: outward-directed transport by the multidrug resistance protein 1 (MRP1)D W Dekkers
Department of Biochemistry, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht, Maastricht University, The Netherlands
Biochemistry 37:14833-7. 1998..mice for multidrug resistance P-glycoproteins (Mdr1a/1b-/- and Mdr2-/-) and multidrug resistance protein 1 (Mrp1-/-) revealed that Mrp1 is responsible for the observed flop of the fluorescent lipid analogues...
- Multidrug resistance protein 1 protects the oropharyngeal mucosal layer and the testicular tubules against drug-induced damageJ Wijnholds
Division of Molecular Biology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam
J Exp Med 188:797-808. 1998The multidrug resistance protein 1 (MRP1) gene encodes a transporter protein that helps to protect cells against xenobiotics...
- Increased rate of adenosine triphosphate-dependent etoposide (VP-16) efflux in a murine leukemia cell line overexpressing the multidrug resistance-associated protein (MRP) geneA Lorico
Department of Pharmacology and Developmental Therapeutics Program, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Cancer Res 55:4352-60. 1995..Northern blot analyses using the human 10.1 probe for the 3'-terminal region of the multidrug-resistance protein (MRP) cDNA revealed a mRNA species of approximately 6 kb in WEHI-3B/NOVO cells but not in WEHI-3B/S cells...
- Pharmacological characterization of the murine and human orthologs of multidrug-resistance protein in transfected human embryonic kidney cellsB D Stride
Cancer Research Laboratories, Queen s University, Kingston, Canada K7L 3N6
Mol Pharmacol 52:344-53. 1997Overexpression of the human multidrug-resistance protein (MRP) causes a form of multidrug resistance similar to that conferred by P-glycoprotein, although the two proteins are only distantly related...
- Identification of the biosynthetic leukotriene C4 export pump in murine mastocytoma cells as a homolog of the multidrug-resistance proteinI Leier
Division of Tumor Biochemistry, Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Germany
Eur J Biochem 242:201-5. 1996..present study indicates that this protein represents the murine homolog of the human multidrug resistance protein (MRP)...
- Double knockout of the MRP gene leads to increased drug sensitivity in vitroA Lorico
Department of Pharmacology and Developmental Therapeutics Program, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Cancer Res 56:5351-5. 1996Overexpression of the multidrug resistance-associated protein (MRP) gene has been implicated in the resistance of tumor cell lines to a wide array of chemotherapeutic agents, but its normal physiological function(s) remains unknown...
- The multidrug resistance protein MRP1 mediates the release of glutathione disulfide from rat astrocytes during oxidative stressJ Hirrlinger
Physiologisch chemisches Institut der Universität, Tubingen, Germany
J Neurochem 76:627-36. 2001..In the presence of cyclosporin A and the quinoline-derivative MK571, inhibitors of multidrug resistance proteins (MRP1 and MRP2), glutathione disulfide accumulated in cells and the release of glutathione disulfide from astrocytes ..
- Transport of fluorescein in MDCKII-MRP1 transfected cells and mrp1-knockout miceH Sun
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, Nebraska 68198, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 284:863-9. 2001The multidrug resistant-associated protein 1 (MRP1) is a membrane-bound transport protein that is involved in the efflux of organic anions and has been implicated in multidrug resistance in cancer...
- Multidrug resistance associated protein 1 protects against bilirubin-induced cytotoxicitySebastian Calligaris
Centro Studi Fegato, Bld Q, Area Science Park, Basovizza Campus, SS 14 Km 163 5, 34012 Trieste, Italy
FEBS Lett 580:1355-9. 2006We have shown that multidrug resistance associated protein 1 (MRP1) mediates ATP-dependent extrusion of bilirubin, possibly limiting its potentially toxic accumulation in cells...
- Molecular physiology of renal organic anion transportersTakashi Sekine
Kyorin University School of Medicine, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, 6 20 2 Shinkawa, Mitaka shi, Tokyo 181 8611, Japan
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 290:F251-61. 2006..anion transporting peptide (OATP) family encoded by SLC21A (SLCO), and the multidrug resistance-associated protein (MRP) family encoded by ABCC...
- Tissue distribution and hepatic and renal ontogeny of the multidrug resistance-associated protein (Mrp) family in miceJonathan M Maher
Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology, and Therapeutics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160 7417, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 33:947-55. 2005..Highest expression of the Mrp family members is as follows: Mrp1 in testes, ovary, and placenta; Mrp2 in intestine, followed by liver and kidney; Mrp3 in large intestine; Mrp4 in ..
- Expression of P-glycoprotein (ABCB1) and Mrp1 (ABCC1) in adult rat brain: focus on astrocytesClaire Mercier
INSERM U26, Hopital Fernand Widal, 200 rue du Faubourg Saint Denis, 75475 Paris Cedex 10, France
Brain Res 1021:32-40. 2004P-glycoprotein (P-gp, ABCB1) and the multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 (Mrp1, ABCC1) are two ATP-driven pumps that mediate the export of organic anions from cells and may confer cellular resistance to many cytotoxic hydrophobic ..
- Altered expression of sulfotransferases, glucuronosyltransferases and mrp transporters in FVB/mrp1-/- miceL J Bain
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Texas at El Paso, 79968, USA
Xenobiotica 33:1173-83. 2003..III (transporter) RNA expression, between FVB mice and mice lacking the multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 (mrp1) gene (FVB/mrp1-/- mice)...
- Expressions of hepatobiliary organic anion transporters and bilirubin-conjugating enzyme in differentiating embryonic stem cellsYuji Tanaka
Third Department of Internal Medicine, Mie University School of Medicine, 2 174 Edobashi, Tsu city 514 8507, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 309:324-30. 2003..The expression of organic anion transporting polypeptide 1 (oatp1), multidrug resistance-associated protein 1 (mrp1), mrp2, mrp3, and ugt1a1 was not seen in the undifferentiated HNF-3beta-ES cells by RT-PCR, whereas all were ..
- Retroviral transfer of MRP1 and gamma-glutamyl cysteine synthetase modulates cell sensitivity to L-buthionine-S,R-sulphoximine (BSO): new rationale for the use of BSO in cancer therapyG Rappa
Department of Tumor Biology, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Montebello, Oslo 0310, Norway
Eur J Cancer 39:120-8. 2003b>MRP1 (multidrug resistance protein 1) co-exports glutathione (GSH) and drug(s) and exports GSH, glucuronide, and sulphate-conjugated drugs...
- Role of the Multidrug Resistance Protein 1 in protection from heavy metal oxyanions: investigations in vitro and in MRP1-deficient miceAurelio Lorico
Department of Tumor Biology, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Montebello, 0310, Norway
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 291:617-22. 2002The Multidrug Resistance Protein 1 (MRP1) is a membrane pump that mediates the efflux of a wide variety of xenobiotics, including arsenical and antimonial compounds, as demonstrated by the study of MRP1-transfected cell lines...
- Preparation of an antibody recognizing both human and rodent MRP1C Fernetti
CSF and Department of BBCM, Centro Servizi Polivalenti d Ateneo, University of Trieste, Via Giorgieri 1, Trieste, 34127, Italy
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 288:1064-8. 2001Based on the high level of identity among human, mouse, and rat MRP1 protein sequence, we produced a specific polyclonal antibody (MRP1-A23) against a synthetic polypeptide covering the C-terminus of the human protein...
- Report and abstracts of the third international workshop on human chromosome 16 mapping 1994. Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, May 7-9, 1994N A Doggett
Life Sciences Division, Los Alamos National Laboratory, NM
Cytogenet Cell Genet 68:165-84. 1995
- Structure and in vitro substrate specificity of the murine multidrug resistance-associated proteinS Paul
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Biochemistry 35:13647-55. 1996b>MRP is a recently described ATP-binding cassette transporter that confers cellular resistance to natural product cytotoxic drugs...