Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: Abca7
Description: ATP-binding cassette, sub-family A (ABC1), member 7
Alias: ABCX, Abc51, ATP-binding cassette sub-family A member 7
- Li H, Karl T, Garner B. Abca7 deletion does not affect adult neurogenesis in the mouse. Biosci Rep. 2016;36: pubmed publisherATP-binding cassette transporter A7 (ABCA7) is highly expressed in the brain...
- Morales C, Marat A, Ni X, Yu Y, Oko R, Smith B, et al. ATP-binding cassette transporters ABCA1, ABCA7, and ABCG1 in mouse spermatozoa. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;376:472-7 pubmed publisher..Candidate transporters are members of the ATP-binding cassette (ABC) transporter superfamily including ABCA1, ABCA7, ABCG1 and ABCG4, which have all been implicated in the transport of sterols and phospholipids to apolipoproteins ..
- Tanaka N, Abe Dohmae S, Iwamoto N, Fitzgerald M, Yokoyama S. HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors enhance phagocytosis by upregulating ATP-binding cassette transporter A7. Atherosclerosis. 2011;217:407-14 pubmed publisher..We therefore examined the effect of statins on phagocytosis in vitro and in vivo through the SREBP-ABCA7. Phagocytosis was found to be enhanced by pravastatin, rosuvastatin and simvastatin and cyclodextrin in J774 ..
- Schriml L, Peterson R, Gerrard B, Dean M. Use of denaturing HPLC to map human and murine genes and to validate single-nucleotide polymorphisms. Biotechniques. 2000;28:740-5 pubmed..The same approach has been applied to the mapping of murine genes in interspecies backcross animals. This strategy is rapid, accurate and superior in several respects to other technologies. ..
- Satoh K, Abe Dohmae S, Yokoyama S, St George Hyslop P, Fraser P. ATP-binding cassette transporter A7 (ABCA7) loss of function alters Alzheimer amyloid processing. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:24152-65 pubmed publisherThe ATP-binding cassette transporter A7 (ABCA7) has been identified as a susceptibility factor of late onset Alzheimer disease in genome-wide association studies...
- Meurs I, Calpe Berdiel L, Habets K, Zhao Y, Korporaal S, Mommaas A, et al. Effects of deletion of macrophage ABCA7 on lipid metabolism and the development of atherosclerosis in the presence and absence of ABCA1. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e30984 pubmed publisherb>ABCA7, a close relative of ABCA1 which facilitates cholesterol efflux to lipid-poor apoproteins, has been implicated in macrophage lipid efflux and clearance of apoptotic cells in in vitro studies...
- Wakaumi M, Ishibashi K, Ando H, Kasanuki H, Tsuruoka S. Acute digoxin loading reduces ABCA8A mRNA expression in the mouse liver. Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol. 2005;32:1034-41 pubmed..Similar reductions in ABCA5, ABCA7, ABCA8b and ABCA9 mRNA were also observed...
- Honarpour N, Gilbert S, Lahn B, Wang X, Herz J. Apaf-1 deficiency and neural tube closure defects are found in fog mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2001;98:9683-7 pubmed..Because a complete deficiency in Apaf-1 usually results in perinatal lethality and fog/fog mice more readily survive into adulthood, these mutants serve as a valuable model with which apoptotic cell death can be studied in vivo. ..
- Logge W, Cheng D, Chesworth R, Bhatia S, Garner B, Kim W, et al. Role of Abca7 in mouse behaviours relevant to neurodegenerative diseases. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45959 pubmed publisher..Recent studies suggest that the ABC transporter ABCA7 may play a role in the development of brain disorders such as schizophrenia and Alzheimer's disease...
- Sakae N, Liu C, Shinohara M, Frisch Daiello J, Ma L, Yamazaki Y, et al. ABCA7 Deficiency Accelerates Amyloid-? Generation and Alzheimer's Neuronal Pathology. J Neurosci. 2016;36:3848-59 pubmed publisher..b>ABCA7 is homologous to a major lipid transporter ABCA1 and is highly expressed in neurons and microglia in the brain...