Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: A myb
Description: myeloblastosis oncogene-like 1
Alias: A-myb, G1-419-6, repro9, myb-related protein A, myb-like protein 1
Products: A myb
- Li X, Roy C, Dong X, Bolcun Filas E, Wang J, Han B, et al. An ancient transcription factor initiates the burst of piRNA production during early meiosis in mouse testes. Mol Cell. 2013;50:67-81 pubmed publisher..This regulatory circuit, which can be detected in rooster testes, likely predates the divergence of birds and mammals. ..
- Bolcun Filas E, Bannister L, Barash A, Schimenti K, Hartford S, Eppig J, et al. A-MYB (MYBL1) transcription factor is a master regulator of male meiosis. Development. 2011;138:3319-30 pubmed publisher..Spermatocytes bearing a novel separation-of-function allele (Mybl1(repro9)) had subtle defects in autosome synapsis in pachynema, a high incidence of unsynapsed sex chromosomes, incomplete ..
- Yoshimura T, Toyoda S, Kuramochi Miyagawa S, Miyazaki T, Miyazaki S, Tashiro F, et al. Gtsf1/Cue110, a gene encoding a protein with two copies of a CHHC Zn-finger motif, is involved in spermatogenesis and retrotransposon suppression in murine testes. Dev Biol. 2009;335:216-27 pubmed publisher..These observations indicate that Gtsf1/Cue110 is required for spermatogenesis and involved in retrotransposon suppression in male germ cells. ..
- Tavner F, Frampton J, Watson R. Targeting an E2F site in the mouse genome prevents promoter silencing in quiescent and post-mitotic cells. Oncogene. 2007;26:2727-35 pubmed..This mouse system is the first description of an E2F site mutation in situ and will facilitate the study of E2F function in vivo. ..
- Kuramochi Miyagawa S, Kimura T, Ijiri T, Isobe T, Asada N, Fujita Y, et al. Mili, a mammalian member of piwi family gene, is essential for spermatogenesis. Development. 2004;131:839-49 pubmed..These data indicate that MILI is essential for the differentiation of spermatocytes. ..
- Cunto F, Imarisio S, Camera P, Boitani C, Altruda F, Silengo L. Essential role of citron kinase in cytokinesis of spermatogenic precursors. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:4819-26 pubmed..The same cells display a severe cytokinesis defect, resulting in the production of multinucleated cells and apoptosis. Our data indicate that Citron kinase is specifically required for cytokinesis of the male germ line. ..
- Robb L, Brodnicki T, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, Harvey R. Assignment of the human helix-loop-helix transcription factor gene musculin/activated B-cell factor-1 (MSC) to chromosome 8q21 and its mouse homologue (Msc) to the proximal region of chromosome 1. Genomics. 1999;57:318-9 pubmed
- Horvath G, Kistler M, Kistler W. RFX2 is a candidate downstream amplifier of A-MYB regulation in mouse spermatogenesis. BMC Dev Biol. 2009;9:63 pubmed publisher..If Alf is a genuine RFX2 target, then A-myb, Rfx2, and Alf may form part of a transcriptional network that is vital for completion of meiosis and preparation for post-meiotic differentiation. ..
- Bounpheng M, Melnikova I, Dodds S, Chen H, Copeland N, Gilbert D, et al. Characterization of the mouse JAB1 cDNA and protein. Gene. 2000;242:41-50 pubmed..Endogenous JAB1 protein is relatively stable and its degradation is not perturbed by blocking 26S proteasome activity, suggesting that this protein is not degraded by the ubiquitin-mediated proteolytic pathway. ..
- Pandey R, Tokuzawa Y, Yang Z, Hayashi E, Ichisaka T, Kajita S, et al. Tudor domain containing 12 (TDRD12) is essential for secondary PIWI interacting RNA biogenesis in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:16492-7 pubmed publisher..Cell-culture studies with the insect ortholog of TDRD12 suggest a role for the multidomain protein in mediating complex formation with other participants during secondary piRNA biogenesis. ..
- Sitzmann J, Noben Trauth K, Klempnauer K. Expression of mouse c-myb during embryonic development. Oncogene. 1995;11:2273-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that the function of c-myb may not be restricted to hematopoietic cells. ..