Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: 1700016L21Rik
Description: RIKEN cDNA 1700016L21 gene
- Tittel A, Heuser C, Ohliger C, Llanto C, Yona S, Hämmerling G, et al. Functionally relevant neutrophilia in CD11c diphtheria toxin receptor transgenic mice. Nat Methods. 2012;9:385-90 pubmed publisher..Thus, the time point of dendritic cell depletion and the choice of DTR transgenic mouse line must be considered in experimental settings where neutrophils may be involved. ..
- Dolfi D, Duttagupta P, Boesteanu A, Mueller Y, Oliai C, Borowski A, et al. Dendritic cells and CD28 costimulation are required to sustain virus-specific CD8+ T cell responses during the effector phase in vivo. J Immunol. 2011;186:4599-608 pubmed publisher..These requirements would greatly impair effector responses against viruses and tumors that are known to inhibit DC maturation and in chronic infections and aging where CD28(-/-) CD8(+) T cells accumulate. ..
- Zigmond E, Varol C, Farache J, Elmaliah E, Satpathy A, Friedlander G, et al. Ly6C hi monocytes in the inflamed colon give rise to proinflammatory effector cells and migratory antigen-presenting cells. Immunity. 2012;37:1076-90 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results highlight cellular dynamics in the inflamed colon and the plasticity of Ly6C(hi) monocytes, marking them as potential targets for inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) therapy. ..
- Bogunovic M, Ginhoux F, Helft J, Shang L, Hashimoto D, Greter M, et al. Origin of the lamina propria dendritic cell network. Immunity. 2009;31:513-25 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results underline the diverse origin of the lamina propria DC network and identify mucosal DCs that arise from pre-DCs as key sentinels of the gut immune system. ..
- Darrasse Jèze G, Deroubaix S, Mouquet H, Victora G, Eisenreich T, Yao K, et al. Feedback control of regulatory T cell homeostasis by dendritic cells in vivo. J Exp Med. 2009;206:1853-62 pubmed publisher..The increase in T reg cells induced by DC expansion is sufficient to prevent type 1 autoimmune diabetes and IBD, which suggests that interference with this feedback loop will create new opportunities for immune-based therapies. ..
- Meredith M, Liu K, Darrasse Jèze G, Kamphorst A, Schreiber H, Guermonprez P, et al. Expression of the zinc finger transcription factor zDC (Zbtb46, Btbd4) defines the classical dendritic cell lineage. J Exp Med. 2012;209:1153-65 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that CD11c-expressing non-cDCs make significant contributions to initiating immunity to parasites and tumors. ..
- Moussion C, Girard J. Dendritic cells control lymphocyte entry to lymph nodes through high endothelial venules. Nature. 2011;479:542-6 pubmed publisher..Together, our results reveal a previously unsuspected role for DCs in the regulation of lymphocyte recirculation during immune surveillance. ..
- Chyou S, Benahmed F, Chen J, Kumar V, Tian S, Lipp M, et al. Coordinated regulation of lymph node vascular-stromal growth first by CD11c+ cells and then by T and B cells. J Immunol. 2011;187:5558-67 pubmed publisher..These results illustrate how the lymph node microenvironment is shaped by the cells it supports. ..
- Birnberg T, Bar On L, Sapoznikov A, Caton M, Cervantes Barragan L, Makia D, et al. Lack of conventional dendritic cells is compatible with normal development and T cell homeostasis, but causes myeloid proliferative syndrome. Immunity. 2008;29:986-97 pubmed publisher..Our data identify a critical role of cDCs in the control of steady-state hematopoiesis, revealing a feedback loop that links peripheral cDCs to myelogenesis through soluble growth factors, such as Flt3 ligand. ..
- Lucas M, Schachterle W, Oberle K, Aichele P, Diefenbach A. Dendritic cells prime natural killer cells by trans-presenting interleukin 15. Immunity. 2007;26:503-17 pubmed..Our data define a unique in vivo role of DCs for the priming of NK cells, revealing a striking and previously unappreciated homology to T lymphocytes of the adaptive immune system. ..
- van Rijt L, Jung S, Kleinjan A, Vos N, Willart M, Duez C, et al. In vivo depletion of lung CD11c+ dendritic cells during allergen challenge abrogates the characteristic features of asthma. J Exp Med. 2005;201:981-91 pubmed..These findings identify lung DCs as key proinflammatory cells that are necessary and sufficient for Th2 cell stimulation during ongoing airway inflammation. ..
- Kuwajima S, Sato T, Ishida K, Tada H, Tezuka H, Ohteki T. Interleukin 15-dependent crosstalk between conventional and plasmacytoid dendritic cells is essential for CpG-induced immune activation. Nat Immunol. 2006;7:740-6 pubmed..Interaction between CD40 on cDCs and CD40 ligand on pDCs led to IL-12 production by cDCs. Thus, IL-15-dependent crosstalk between cDCs and pDCs is essential for CpG-induced immune activation. ..
- Denning T, Wang Y, Patel S, Williams I, Pulendran B. Lamina propria macrophages and dendritic cells differentially induce regulatory and interleukin 17-producing T cell responses. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:1086-94 pubmed..This IL-17 production was suppressed by lamina propria macrophages, indicating that a dynamic interaction between these subsets may influence the balance between immune activation and tolerance. ..
- Tang H, Cao W, Kasturi S, Ravindran R, Nakaya H, Kundu K, et al. The T helper type 2 response to cysteine proteases requires dendritic cell-basophil cooperation via ROS-mediated signaling. Nat Immunol. 2010;11:608-17 pubmed publisher..Thus, the T(H)2 response to cysteine proteases requires DC-basophil cooperation via ROS-mediated signaling. ..
- GeurtsvanKessel C, Willart M, Bergen I, van Rijt L, Muskens F, Elewaut D, et al. Dendritic cells are crucial for maintenance of tertiary lymphoid structures in the lung of influenza virus-infected mice. J Exp Med. 2009;206:2339-49 pubmed publisher..Together, our data reveal a previously unappreciated function of lung DCs in iBALT homeostasis and humoral immunity to influenza virus. ..
- Probst H, Tschannen K, Odermatt B, Schwendener R, Zinkernagel R, van Den Broek M. Histological analysis of CD11c-DTR/GFP mice after in vivo depletion of dendritic cells. Clin Exp Immunol. 2005;141:398-404 pubmed..This finding limits the use of CD11c-DTR/GFP mice for the analysis of the role of DC to models and read outs that are proven to be independent of marginal zone and sinusoidal M(Phi). ..
- Tian T, Woodworth J, Sköld M, Behar S. In vivo depletion of CD11c+ cells delays the CD4+ T cell response to Mycobacterium tuberculosis and exacerbates the outcome of infection. J Immunol. 2005;175:3268-72 pubmed..Thus, this study shows that DC are essential for the initiation of the adaptive T cell response to the human pathogen Mtb. ..
- Ciavarra R, Stephens A, Nagy S, Sekellick M, Steel C. Evaluation of immunological paradigms in a virus model: are dendritic cells critical for antiviral immunity and viral clearance?. J Immunol. 2006;177:492-500 pubmed..Thus, sufficient redundancy exists in the immune system to sustain efficient viral clearance despite loss of an APC considered essential for induction of a primary antiviral immune response...
- Salazar Gonzalez R, Niess J, Zammit D, Ravindran R, Srinivasan A, Maxwell J, et al. CCR6-mediated dendritic cell activation of pathogen-specific T cells in Peyer's patches. Immunity. 2006;24:623-32 pubmed..Thus, CCR6-dependent regulation of DCs is responsible for localized T cell dependent defense against entero-invasive pathogens. ..
- Liu C, Fan Y, Dias A, Esper L, Corn R, Bafica A, et al. Cutting edge: dendritic cells are essential for in vivo IL-12 production and development of resistance against Toxoplasma gondii infection in mice. J Immunol. 2006;177:31-5 pubmed..Taken together, the results presented in this study indicate that DCs constitute the major IL-12-producing cell population in vivo during T. gondii infection. ..
- Jung S, Unutmaz D, Wong P, Sano G, De los Santos K, Sparwasser T, et al. In vivo depletion of CD11c+ dendritic cells abrogates priming of CD8+ T cells by exogenous cell-associated antigens. Immunity. 2002;17:211-20 pubmed..e., the sensitization of the immune system for cell-associated antigens. DC-depleted mice fail to mount CTL responses to infection with the intracellular bacterium Listeria monocytogenes and the rodent malaria parasite Plasmodium yoelii. ..
- Kassim S, Rajasagi N, Zhao X, Chervenak R, Jennings S. In vivo ablation of CD11c-positive dendritic cells increases susceptibility to herpes simplex virus type 1 infection and diminishes NK and T-cell responses. J Virol. 2006;80:3985-93 pubmed..These data demonstrated that DCs were essential not only in the optimal activation of the acquired T-cell response to HSV-1 but also that DCs were crucial for innate resistance to HSV-1 infection. ..
- Zammit D, Cauley L, Pham Q, Lefrancois L. Dendritic cells maximize the memory CD8 T cell response to infection. Immunity. 2005;22:561-70 pubmed..These data show that interaction with DCs is a major mechanism driving T cell reactivation in vivo, even during a tissue-specific infection of the respiratory tract. ..
- Kool M, Soullie T, van Nimwegen M, Willart M, Muskens F, Jung S, et al. Alum adjuvant boosts adaptive immunity by inducing uric acid and activating inflammatory dendritic cells. J Exp Med. 2008;205:869-82 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that alum adjuvant is immunogenic by exploiting "nature's adjuvant," the inflammatory DC through induction of the endogenous danger signal uric acid...
- Sapoznikov A, Pewzner Jung Y, Kalchenko V, Krauthgamer R, Shachar I, Jung S. Perivascular clusters of dendritic cells provide critical survival signals to B cells in bone marrow niches. Nat Immunol. 2008;9:388-95 pubmed publisher..Thus, bmDCs are critical for the maintenance of recirculating B cells in the bone marrow. ..
- Hapfelmeier S, Müller A, Stecher B, Kaiser P, Barthel M, Endt K, et al. Microbe sampling by mucosal dendritic cells is a discrete, MyD88-independent step in DeltainvG S. Typhimurium colitis. J Exp Med. 2008;205:437-50 pubmed publisher..These results establish that pathogen sampling by DCs is a discrete, and MyD88-independent, step during the initiation of a mucosal innate immune response to bacterial infection in vivo. ..
- Varol C, Vallon Eberhard A, Elinav E, Aychek T, Shapira Y, Luche H, et al. Intestinal lamina propria dendritic cell subsets have different origin and functions. Immunity. 2009;31:502-12 pubmed publisher..Our results highlight the critical importance of the lpDC subset balance for robust gut homeostasis. ..
- Tortola L, Rosenwald E, Abel B, Blumberg H, Schafer M, Coyle A, et al. Psoriasiform dermatitis is driven by IL-36-mediated DC-keratinocyte crosstalk. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:3965-76 pubmed publisher..These results highlight a central and unique IL-1-independent role for IL-36 in control of the IL-23/IL-17/IL-22 pathway and development of psoriasiform dermatitis. ..
- Sapoznikov A, Fischer J, Zaft T, Krauthgamer R, Dzionek A, Jung S. Organ-dependent in vivo priming of naive CD4+, but not CD8+, T cells by plasmacytoid dendritic cells. J Exp Med. 2007;204:1923-33 pubmed..Our results establish PDCs as a bona fide DC subset that initiates unique CD4(+) Th cell-dominated primary immune responses. ..
- Roufaiel M, Gracey E, Siu A, Zhu S, Lau A, Ibrahim H, et al. CCL19-CCR7-dependent reverse transendothelial migration of myeloid cells clears Chlamydia muridarum from the arterial intima. Nat Immunol. 2016;17:1263-1272 pubmed publisher..This process was inhibited by hypercholesterolemia. Thus, RTM protects the normal arterial intima, and compromised RTM during atherogenesis might contribute to the intracellular retention of pathogens in atherosclerotic lesions. ..
- Gao N, Yin J, Yoon G, Mi Q, Yu F. Dendritic cell-epithelium interplay is a determinant factor for corneal epithelial wound repair. Am J Pathol. 2011;179:2243-53 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that DCs and epithelium form a functional entity at mucosal surfaces for maintaining corneal homeostasis and for tissue repair. ..
- Magalhaes J, Rubino S, Travassos L, Le Bourhis L, Duan W, Sellge G, et al. Nucleotide oligomerization domain-containing proteins instruct T cell helper type 2 immunity through stromal activation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:14896-901 pubmed publisher..Such understanding will influence the rational design of therapeutics that could reprogram the immune system during an active Th1-mediated disease, such as Crohn's disease. ..
- Venet F, Huang X, Chung C, Chen Y, Ayala A. Plasmacytoid dendritic cells control lung inflammation and monocyte recruitment in indirect acute lung injury in mice. Am J Pathol. 2010;176:764-73 pubmed publisher..As the recruitment of monocytes to the lung plays a central deleterious role in the pathophysiology of indirect ALI, our data therefore position plasmacytoid DCs as important regulators of acute lung inflammation. ..
- Chu D, Jiménez Saiz R, Verschoor C, Walker T, Goncharova S, Llop Guevara A, et al. Indigenous enteric eosinophils control DCs to initiate a primary Th2 immune response in vivo. J Exp Med. 2014;211:1657-72 pubmed publisher..Thus, eosinophils can be critical contributors to the intestinal immune system, and granule-mediated shaping of DC responses can promote both intestinal and extraintestinal adaptive immunity. ..
- Sivakumaran S, Henderson S, Ward S, Sousa P, Manzo T, Zhang L, et al. Depletion of CD11câº cells in the CD11c.DTR model drives expansion of unique CD64âº Ly6Câº monocytes that are poised to release TNF-Î±. Eur J Immunol. 2016;46:192-203 pubmed publisher..This finding will require consideration in experiments using depletion strategies to test the role of CD11c(+) DCs in immunity. ..
- Hsieh S, Lin J, Huang J, Wu S, Chu C, Kung J, et al. Immunization with apoptotic phagocytes containing Histoplasma capsulatum activates functional CD8(+) T cells to protect against histoplasmosis. Infect Immun. 2011;79:4493-502 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that employing apoptotic phagocytes as antigen donor cells is a viable approach for the development of efficacious vaccines to elicit strong CD8(+) T cell as well as CD4(+) T cell responses to Histoplasma infection...
- Lu M, Munford R. The transport and inactivation kinetics of bacterial lipopolysaccharide influence its immunological potency in vivo. J Immunol. 2011;187:3314-20 pubmed publisher..Its immunological potency, as measured by its ability to stimulate polyclonal Ab production, was greatly influenced by the kinetics of both lymphatic drainage and enzymatic inactivation. ..
- Wallet M, Sen P, Flores R, Wang Y, Yi Z, Huang Y, et al. MerTK is required for apoptotic cell-induced T cell tolerance. J Exp Med. 2008;205:219-32 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that MerTK plays a critical role in regulating self-tolerance mediated between ACs, DCs, and T cells. ..
- Guimond M, Veenstra R, Grindler D, Zhang H, Cui Y, Murphy R, et al. Interleukin 7 signaling in dendritic cells regulates the homeostatic proliferation and niche size of CD4+ T cells. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:149-57 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that IL-7Ralpha(+) DCs are regulators of the peripheral CD4(+) T cell niche and that IL-7 signals in DCs prevent uncontrolled CD4(+) T cell population expansion in vivo. ..
- Yao S, Wang S, Zhu Y, Luo L, Zhu G, Flies S, et al. PD-1 on dendritic cells impedes innate immunity against bacterial infection. Blood. 2009;113:5811-8 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal a novel role of PD-1 in the negative regulation of DC function during innate immune response. ..
- Muniz L, Pacer M, Lira S, Furtado G. A critical role for dendritic cells in the formation of lymphatic vessels within tertiary lymphoid structures. J Immunol. 2011;187:828-34 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest a critical role for CD11c(+) DCs in the induction of lymphangiogenesis in tertiary lymphoid structures...
- Ols M, Cullen J, Turqueti Neves A, Giles J, Shlomchik M. Dendritic Cells Regulate Extrafollicular Autoreactive B Cells via T Cells Expressing Fas and Fas Ligand. Immunity. 2016;45:1052-1065 pubmed publisher..These studies reveal a regulatory role for cDCs in B cell plasmablast responses and provide a mechanistic explanation for the excess autoantibody production observed in Fas deficiency. ..
- Lin K, Fulton L, Berginski M, West M, Taylor N, Moran T, et al. Intravital imaging of donor allogeneic effector and regulatory T cells with host dendritic cells during GVHD. Blood. 2014;123:1604-14 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Tregs use multiple mechanisms that affect host DC numbers and function to mitigate acute GVHD. ..
- Bianchi T, Pincus L, Wurbel M, Rich B, Kupper T, Fuhlbrigge R, et al. Maintenance of peripheral tolerance through controlled tissue homing of antigen-specific T cells in K14-mOVA mice. J Immunol. 2009;182:4665-74 pubmed publisher..Taken together, controlled skin homing of T cells is critical for the maintenance of peripheral immune tolerance to epidermal self-Ags. ..
- Janelsins B, Sumpter T, Tkacheva O, Rojas Canales D, Erdos G, Mathers A, et al. Neurokinin-1 receptor agonists bias therapeutic dendritic cells to induce type 1 immunity by licensing host dendritic cells to produce IL-12. Blood. 2013;121:2923-33 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that NK1R signaling promotes immunostimulatory DCs, and provide relevant insight into the mechanisms used by neuromediators to regulate innate and adaptive immune responses. ..
- Van Maele L, Carnoy C, Cayet D, Songhet P, Dumoutier L, Ferrero I, et al. TLR5 signaling stimulates the innate production of IL-17 and IL-22 by CD3(neg)CD127+ immune cells in spleen and mucosa. J Immunol. 2010;185:1177-85 pubmed publisher..These data define that TLR-induced activation of CD3(neg)CD127(+) cells and production of Th17-related cytokines may be crucial for the early defenses against pathogen invasion of host tissues. ..
- Katzman S, O Gorman W, Villarino A, Gallo E, Friedman R, Krummel M, et al. Duration of antigen receptor signaling determines T-cell tolerance or activation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:18085-90 pubmed publisher..These studies show that the duration of T cell-APC interactions and magnitude of associated TCR-mediated signaling are key determinants of lymphocyte tolerance vs. activation. ..
- Aychek T, Mildner A, Yona S, Kim K, Lampl N, Reich Zeliger S, et al. IL-23-mediated mononuclear phagocyte crosstalk protects mice from Citrobacter rodentium-induced colon immunopathology. Nat Commun. 2015;6:6525 pubmed publisher..Impairment of this critical mononuclear phagocyte crosstalk results in the generation of IFNÎ³-producing former TH17 cells and fatal immunopathology. ..
- Guimond M, Freud A, Mao H, Yu J, Blaser B, Leong J, et al. In vivo role of Flt3 ligand and dendritic cells in NK cell homeostasis. J Immunol. 2010;184:2769-75 pubmed publisher..In summary, a CD11c(hi) DC population expressing IL-15 is required to maintain NK cell homeostasis under conditions of normal cellularity and also is required to mediate Flt3 ligand-induced NK cell expansion in vivo. ..
- Heuss N, Lehmann U, Norbury C, McPherson S, Gregerson D. Local activation of dendritic cells alters the pathogenesis of autoimmune disease in the retina. J Immunol. 2012;188:1191-200 pubmed publisher..Together, these results demonstrated that local conditions in the retina determined APC function and affected the pathogenesis of EAU by both CD4 and CD8 T cells. ..
- Ben Baruch Morgenstern N, Shik D, Moshkovits I, Itan M, Karo Atar D, Bouffi C, et al. Paired immunoglobulin-like receptor A is an intrinsic, self-limiting suppressor of IL-5-induced eosinophil development. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:36-44 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data uncover an intrinsic, self-limiting pathway regulating IL-5-induced expansion of eosinophils, which has broad implications for eosinophil-associated diseases. ..
- Fei M, Bhatia S, Oriss T, Yarlagadda M, Khare A, Akira S, et al. TNF-alpha from inflammatory dendritic cells (DCs) regulates lung IL-17A/IL-5 levels and neutrophilia versus eosinophilia during persistent fungal infection. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:5360-5 pubmed publisher..Our study identifies TNF-? as a molecular switch that orchestrates a sequence of events in DCs and CD4 T cells that promote neutrophilic airway inflammation...
- Behrens E, Canna S, Slade K, Rao S, Kreiger P, Paessler M, et al. Repeated TLR9 stimulation results in macrophage activation syndrome-like disease in mice. J Clin Invest. 2011;121:2264-77 pubmed publisher..Our data provide insight into MAS-like syndromes in patients with inflammatory diseases in which there is chronic innate immune activation but no genetic defects in cytotoxic cell function. ..
- Shimizu K, Asakura M, Shinga J, Sato Y, Kitahara S, Hoshino K, et al. Invariant NKT cells induce plasmacytoid dendritic cell (DC) cross-talk with conventional DCs for efficient memory CD8+ T cell induction. J Immunol. 2013;190:5609-19 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a previously unknown pathway of intercellular collaboration for the generation of tumor-specific CD8(+) memory T cells that can be exploited for strategic vaccination in the setting of tumor immunotherapy. ..
- del Fresno C, Soulat D, Roth S, Blazek K, Udalova I, Sancho D, et al. Interferon-? production via Dectin-1-Syk-IRF5 signaling in dendritic cells is crucial for immunity to C. albicans. Immunity. 2013;38:1176-86 pubmed publisher..albicans-infected mice with Syk-deficient DCs. These data indicate that Dectin-induced IFN-? production by renal DCs is crucial for defense against C. albicans infection. ..
- Patsouris D, Li P, Thapar D, Chapman J, Olefsky J, Neels J. Ablation of CD11c-positive cells normalizes insulin sensitivity in obese insulin resistant animals. Cell Metab. 2008;8:301-9 pubmed publisher..Together, these results indicate that these CD11c+ cells are a potential therapeutic target for treatment of obesity-related insulin resistance and type II diabetes. ..
- Veiga Fernandes H, Coles M, Foster K, Patel A, Williams A, Natarajan D, et al. Tyrosine kinase receptor RET is a key regulator of Peyer's patch organogenesis. Nature. 2007;446:547-51 pubmed..Our work strongly suggests that the RET signalling pathway, by regulating the development of both the nervous and lymphoid system in the gut, has a key role in the molecular mechanisms that orchestrate intestine organogenesis. ..