Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: moaC
Description: molybdopterin biosynthesis, protein C
Alias: ECK0772, JW0766
- Proposed nomenclature for the genes involved in molybdenum metabolism in Escherichia coli and Salmonella typhimuriumK T Shanmugam
Mol Microbiol 6:3452-4. 1992
- Molecular genetic analysis of the moa operon of Escherichia coli K-12 required for molybdenum cofactor biosynthesisS L Rivers
Department of Biochemistry, Dundee University, UK
Mol Microbiol 8:1071-81. 1993..The moa locus is orientated clockwise at 17.7 minutes in the chromosome...
- Characterization of the ModE DNA-binding sites in the control regions of modABCD and moaABCDE of Escherichia coliP M McNicholas
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of California at Los Angeles 90095 1489, USA
Mol Microbiol 23:515-24. 1997..These findings demonstrate that ModE acts both as a repressor and activator of the mod and moa operons, respectively, depending on the properties of the binding site...
- Rearrangement reactions in the biosynthesis of molybdopterin--an NMR study with multiply 13C/15N labelled precursorsC Rieder
Institut fur Organische Chemie und Biochemie, Technische Universitat Munchen, Garching, Germany
Eur J Biochem 255:24-36. 1998..Carbon atom C1' of compound Z is derived from carbon atom C8 of a guanine derivative. The remodeling of the carbon skeleton of the pentose and purine moieties proceed via intramolecular rearrangement reactions...
- Insights into molybdenum cofactor deficiency provided by the crystal structure of the molybdenum cofactor biosynthesis protein MoaCM M Wuebbens
Department of Biochemistry, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Structure 8:709-18. 2000..The MoaC protein, together with the MoaA protein, is involved in the first step of Moco biosynthesis.
- Multiple stressor-induced proteome responses of Escherichia coli BL21(DE3)Kyung Yeon Han
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Korea University, Seoul, South Korea
J Proteome Res 7:1891-903. 2008..The quantitative and systematic proteome analyses that we have performed provide more detailed information on E. coli BL21(DE3), a widely used host strain for recombinant protein overexpression...
- Assembly reflects evolution of protein complexesEmmanuel D Levy
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, UK
Nature 453:1262-5. 2008..Our model of self-assembly allows reliable prediction of evolution and assembly of a complex solely from its crystal structure...
- Transcriptional response of Escherichia coli to external copperKaneyoshi Yamamoto
Department of Agricultural Chemistry, Kinki University, Nakamachi 3327-204, Nara 631-8505, Japan
Mol Microbiol 56:215-27. 2005..e. CueR, CusR, CpxR and YedW regulons. These copper-responsive regulons appear to sense and respond to different concentrations of external copper...