Gene Symbol: mltF
Description: membrane-bound lytic transglycosylase F, murein hydrolase
Alias: ECK2556, JW2542, yfhD
- Analysis of an Escherichia coli mutant strain resistant to the cell-killing function encoded by the gef gene familyL K Poulsen
Biotechnological Institute, Technical University of Denmark, Lyngby
Mol Microbiol 6:895-905. 1992..1 kDa. ORF178 and an upstream frame, ORF190, probably constitute an operon...
- Formylglycinamide ribonucleotide synthetase from Escherichia coli: cloning, sequencing, overproduction, isolation, and characterizationF J Schendel
Department of Chemistry, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge 02139
Biochemistry 28:2459-71. 1989..Incubation of [18O]FGAR with enzyme, ATP, and glutamine results in quantitative transfer of the 18O to Pi...
- A conserved domain in putative bacterial and bacteriophage transglycosylasesE V Koonin
National Center for Biotechnology Information, National Library of Medicine, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20894
Trends Biochem Sci 19:106-7. 1994
- Defining a rob regulon in Escherichia coli by using transposon mutagenesisM H Bennik
Department of Cancer Cell Biology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Bacteriol 182:3794-801. 2000..activated by normal expression of Rob from the chromosomal rob gene (inaA, marR, aslB, ybaO, mdlA, yfhD, and ybiS). One gene, galT, was repressed by Rob...
- The C-terminal domain of Escherichia coli YfhD functions as a lytic transglycosylaseEdie M Scheurwater
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, Canada
J Biol Chem 283:8363-73. 2008..Based on these data, the enzyme was renamed membrane-bound lytic transglycosylase F. The modular structure of MltF was investigated through genetic engineering for the separate production of identified N-terminal and C-terminal ..
- Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction analysis of the lytic transglycosylase MltF from Escherichia coliPramod K Madoori
Department of Biophysical Chemistry, Groningen Biomolecular Sciences and Biotechnology Institute, University of Groningen, Nijenborgh 4, 9747 AG Groningen, The Netherlands
Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun 66:534-8. 2010The lytic transglycosylase MltF from Escherichia coli is an outer-membrane-bound periplasmic protein with two domains: a C-terminal catalytic domain with a lysozyme-like fold and an N-terminal domain of unknown function that is homologous ..