orotidine 5 monophosphate decarboxylase
Gene Symbol: orotidine 5 monophosphate decarboxylase
Description: orotidine 5' monophosphate decarboxylase
Species: Methanothermobacter thermautotrophicus str. Delta H
- Electrostatic stress in catalysis: structure and mechanism of the enzyme orotidine monophosphate decarboxylaseN Wu
Department of Biochemistry, Centres of Excellence, University of Toronto, 1 King s College Circle, Toronto, ON Canada M5S 1A8
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:2017-22. 2000..The computational results are consistent with a catalytic mechanism that is characterized by Jencks's Circe effect...
- Purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray study of orotidine 5'-monophosphate decarboxylaseN Wu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Toronto, 1 King s College Circle, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 1A8, Canada
Acta Crystallogr D Biol Crystallogr 56:912-4. 2000..0, b = 98.6, c = 73.3 A, gamma = 104.0 degrees ), with four molecules in the asymmetric unit; the crystals diffract to 1.5 A resolution...
- Mapping the active site-ligand interactions of orotidine 5'-monophosphate decarboxylase by crystallographyNing Wu
Department of Biochemistry, Centres of Excellence, University of Toronto, 1 King s College Circle, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
Biochemistry 41:4002-11. 2002..Consequently, orotidine 5'-monophosphate decarboxylases seem to require the presence of a negative charge at this position for catalysis as well as for correct and stable folding...
- Crystal structures of inhibitor complexes reveal an alternate binding mode in orotidine-5'-monophosphate decarboxylaseNing Wu
Department of Biochemistry, University of Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
J Biol Chem 277:28080-7. 2002..The XMP and CMP complexes reveal a ligand-binding mode that is distinct from the one identified previously with the aromatic rings located outside the binding pocket. A potential pathway for ligand binding is discussed...
- An unprecedented twist to ODCase catalytic activityMasahiro Fujihashi
Molecular Design and Information Technology Center, Leslie Dan Faculty of Pharmacy, Toronto, ON M5S 2S2 Canada
J Am Chem Soc 127:15048-50. 2005..This potential of ODCase is very useful in the design of novel inhibitors...
- A potent, covalent inhibitor of orotidine 5'-monophosphate decarboxylase with antimalarial activityAngelica M Bello
Center for Molecular Design and Preformulations, Toronto General Research Institute, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, ON M5G 2C4 Canada
J Med Chem 50:915-21. 2007..2 +/- 0.7 microM against P. falciparum ItG and 3D7 isolates, respectively. 6-Iodouridine 5'-monophosphate is a novel covalent inhibitor of ODCase, and its nucleoside analogue paves the way to a new class of inhibitors against malaria...
- An examination of the relationship between active site loop size and thermodynamic activation parameters for orotidine 5'-monophosphate decarboxylase from mesophilic and thermophilic organismsKrisztina Toth
Department of Chemistry, University at Buffalo, SUNY, Buffalo, New York 14260 3000, USA
Biochemistry 48:8006-13. 2009....