Gene Symbol: MEP2
- A family of ammonium transporters in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeA M Marini
Laboratoire de Physiologie Cellulaire et de Genetique des Levures, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
Mol Cell Biol 17:4282-93. 1997..The Mep2 protein displays the highest affinity for NH4+ (Km, 1 to 2 microM), followed closely by Mep1p (Km, 5 to 10 microM) ..
- The MEP2 ammonium permease regulates pseudohyphal differentiation in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeM C Lorenz
Departments of Genetics, Duke University Medical Center, 322 CARL Building, Research Drive, Durham, NC 27710, USA
EMBO J 17:1236-47. 1998..We have found that MEP2, a high affinity ammonium permease, is required for pseudohyphal differentiation in response to ammonium limitation...
- Regulators of pseudohyphal differentiation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae identified through multicopy suppressor analysis in ammonium permease mutant strainsM C Lorenz
Department of Genetics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Genetics 150:1443-57. 1998..Multicopy expression of TEC1, PHD1, PHD2 (MSS10/MSN1/FUP4), MSN5, CDC6, MSS11, MGA1, SKN7, DOT6, HMS1, HMS2, or MEP2 each restored filamentation in a Deltamep1/Deltamep1 Deltamep2/Deltamep2 strain...
- Msn1p/Mss10p, Mss11p and Muc1p/Flo11p are part of a signal transduction pathway downstream of Mep2p regulating invasive growth and pseudohyphal differentiation in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeM Gagiano
Institute for Wine Biotechnology, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa
Mol Microbiol 31:103-16. 1999..We also show that starch metabolism in S. cerevisiae is subject to regulation by components of the MAP kinase cascade...
- In vivo N-glycosylation of the mep2 high-affinity ammonium transporter of Saccharomyces cerevisiae reveals an extracytosolic N-terminusA M Marini
Laboratoire de Physiologie Cellulaire, Universite Libre de Bruxelles, CP300, Institut de Biologie et de Médecine Moléculaires, rue des Pr Jeener et Brachet, 12, 6041 Gosselies, Belgium
Mol Microbiol 38:552-64. 2000Saccharomyces cerevisiae possesses three related ammonium transporters, Mep1, Mep2 and Mep3, differing in their kinetic properties and in the level and regulation of their gene expression...
- Ammonium permease-based sensing mechanism for rapid ammonium activation of the protein kinase A pathway in yeastAn Van Nuland
Laboratory of Molecular Cell Biology, Institute of Botany and Microbiology, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Kasteelpark Arenberg 31, B 3001 Leuven Heverlee, Flanders, Belgium
Mol Microbiol 59:1485-505. 2006..cells, ammonium transport and activation of trehalase are most active in strains expressing either the Mep2 or Mep1 ammonium permease, as opposed to Mep3...
- The yeast ammonium transport protein Mep2 and its positive regulator, the Npr1 kinase, play an important role in normal and pseudohyphal growth on various nitrogen media through retrieval of excreted ammoniumMélanie Boeckstaens
Laboratoire de Physiologie Moléculaire de la Cellule, Institut de Biologie et de Médecine Moléculaires, Université Libre de Bruxelles CP300, Rue des Professeurs Jeener et Brachet 12, 6041 Gosselies, Belgium
Mol Microbiol 64:534-46. 2007..A specific sensor role has further been proposed for Mep2 in the stimulation of pseudohyphal development during ammonium limitation...
- A Mep2-dependent transcriptional profile links permease function to gene expression during pseudohyphal growth in Saccharomyces cerevisiaeJulian C Rutherford
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Mol Biol Cell 19:3028-39. 2008The ammonium permease Mep2 is required for the induction of pseudohyphal growth, a process in Saccharomyces cerevisiae that occurs in response to nutrient limitation...