Gene Symbol: sigB
Description: RNA polymerase sigma factor SigB
Species: Listeria monocytogenes EGD-e
- Cai S, Kabuki D, Kuaye A, Cargioli T, Chung M, Nielsen R, et al. Rational design of DNA sequence-based strategies for subtyping Listeria monocytogenes. J Clin Microbiol. 2002;40:3319-25 pubmed..Two housekeeping genes (recA and prs), one stress response gene (sigB), two virulence genes (actA and inlA), and two intergenic regions (hly-mpl and plcA-hly) were sequenced for 15 L...
- Ollinger J, Wiedmann M, Boor K. SigmaB- and PrfA-dependent transcription of genes previously classified as putative constituents of the Listeria monocytogenes PrfA regulon. Foodborne Pathog Dis. 2008;5:281-93 pubmed publisher..While the sigB deletion significantly affected transcript levels for the selected group III genes (i.e...
- Ait Ouazzou A, Ma as P, Cond n S, Pag n R, Garc a Gonzalo D. Role of general stress-response alternative sigma factors ?(S) (RpoS) and ?(B) (SigB) in bacterial heat resistance as a function of treatment medium pH. Int J Food Microbiol. 2012;153:358-64 pubmed publisher..aimed to determine the role of general stress-response alternative sigma factors ?(S) (RpoS) and ?(B) (SigB) in heat resistance and the occurrence of sublethal injuries in cell envelopes of stationary-phase Escherichia coli ..
- Utratna M, Cosgrave E, Baustian C, Ceredig R, O Byrne C. Effects of growth phase and temperature on ?B activity within a Listeria monocytogenes population: evidence for RsbV-independent activation of ?B at refrigeration temperatures. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:641647 pubmed publisher..monocytogenes EGD-e wild-type, ?sigB, and ?rsbV throughout growth at both 4°C and 37°C, using a reporter fusion that couples expression of EGFP to the ..
- Begley M, Hill C, Ross R. Tolerance of Listeria monocytogenes to cell envelope-acting antimicrobial agents is dependent on SigB. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2006;72:2231-4 pubmedMutation of sigB impairs the ability of Listeria monocytogenes to grow in sublethal levels, and to survive in lethal concentrations, of the bacteriocins nisin and lacticin 3147 and the antibiotics ampicillin and penicillin G...
- Zhou Q, Wang L, Yin X, Feng X, Shang J, Luo Q. SigB-dependent tolerance to protein synthesis-inhibiting antibiotics in Listeria monocytogenes EGDe. Curr Microbiol. 2012;64:234-41 pubmed publisherThe alternative sigma factor SigB in food-borne pathogen Listeria monocytogenes was determined in this study to be required for tolerance to protein synthesis-inhibiting antibiotics...