Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: PB1 F2
Description: PB1-F2 protein
Species: Influenza A virus (A/Puerto Rico/8/1934(H1N1))
- Ramakrishnan M, Gramer M, Goyal S, Sreevatsan S. A Serine12Stop mutation in PB1-F2 of the 2009 pandemic (H1N1) influenza A: a possible reason for its enhanced transmission and pathogenicity to humans. J Vet Sci. 2009;10:349-51 pubmed..This finding is expected to lead to a better understanding of the transmission and pathogenesis of the 2009 pandemic strain. ..
- Winter G, Fields S. Nucleotide sequence of human influenza A/PR/8/34 segment 2. Nucleic Acids Res. 1982;10:2135-43 pubmed..The sequence of segment 2 completes the sequence of the virus (total 13,588 nucleotides). ..
- Guan Z, Zhang M, Hou P, Duan M, Cui Y, Wang X. Identification of cellular proteins interacting with influenza A virus PB1-F2 protein. Acta Virol. 2012;56:199-207 pubmed..The novel interactions between PB1-F2 and host proteins provide further pieces of evidence in the investigation of the pathogenic mechanism of IAV. influenza A virus; PB1-F2; yeast two-hybrid; protein-protein interaction...
- Pena L, Vincent A, Loving C, Henningson J, Lager K, Lorusso A, et al. Restored PB1-F2 in the 2009 pandemic H1N1 influenza virus has minimal effects in swine. J Virol. 2012;86:5523-32 pubmed publisher..Together, our results indicate that PB1-F2 in the context of pH1N1 moderately modulates viral replication, lung histopathology, and local cytokine response in pigs...
- Yoshizumi T, Ichinohe T, Sasaki O, Otera H, Kawabata S, Mihara K, et al. Influenza A virus protein PB1-F2 translocates into mitochondria via Tom40 channels and impairs innate immunity. Nat Commun. 2014;5:4713 pubmed publisher..PB1-F2 translocation into mitochondria strongly correlates with impaired cellular innate immunity, making this translocation event a potential therapeutic target. ..
- Smith A, Adler F, McAuley J, Gutenkunst R, Ribeiro R, McCullers J, et al. Effect of 1918 PB1-F2 expression on influenza A virus infection kinetics. PLoS Comput Biol. 2011;7:e1001081 pubmed publisher..We discuss the implications these mechanisms have during an infection with a virus expressing a virulent PB1-F2 on the possibility of a pandemic and on the importance of antiviral treatments...
- Reis A, McCauley J. The influenza virus protein PB1-F2 interacts with IKK? and modulates NF-?B signalling. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63852 pubmed publisher..Neither the N-terminal 57 amino acid truncated forms nor the C-terminus of PB1-F2 were able to inhibit NF-?B dependent signalling, indicating that the full length protein is necessary for the inhibition. ..
- Gooskens J, Zevenhoven Dobbe J, Claas E, Kroes A, Posthuma C. Mass spectrometry-based comparative sequence analysis for the genetic monitoring of influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 virus. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e92970 pubmed publisher..The low sensitivity for the detection of H275Y mutation in mixed viral populations suggests that MSCSA is not suitable for antiviral resistance monitoring in the clinical setting. ..
- Cui Y, Hou P, Zhang M, Duan M, Guan Z. [PB1-F2 protein of influenza A virus interacts with human MOAP-1 protein]. Wei Sheng Wu Xue Bao. 2012;52:1122-8 pubmed..PB1-F2 could upregulate exogenous MOAP-1 protein level. These results suggested that influenza virus PB1-F2 interacted with MOAP-1 and it might be involved in the regulation of cell growth and apoptosis via association with MOAP-1. ..
- Chevalier C, Le Goffic R, Jamme F, Leymarie O, RÃ©frÃ©giers M, Delmas B. Synchrotron Infrared and Deep UV Fluorescent Microspectroscopy Study of PB1-F2 Î²-Aggregated Structures in Influenza A Virus-infected Cells. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:9060-72 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results constitute an important step forward in the understanding of the cell type-dependent function of PB1-F2. ..