Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ZRANB3
Description: zinc finger RANBP2-type containing 3
Alias: 4933425L19Rik, AH2, DNA annealing helicase and endonuclease ZRANB3, annealing helicase 2, zinc finger Ran-binding domain-containing protein 3, zinc finger, RAN-binding domain containing 3
- Poole L, Cortez D. SMARCAL1 and telomeres: Replicating the troublesome ends. Nucleus. 2016;7:270-4 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, cells lacking the highly related proteins ZRANB3 and HLTF do not exhibit similar problems suggesting a unique function for SMARCAL1...
- Taglialatela A, Alvarez S, Leuzzi G, Sannino V, Ranjha L, Huang J, et al. Restoration of Replication Fork Stability in BRCA1- and BRCA2-Deficient Cells by Inactivation of SNF2-Family Fork Remodelers. Mol Cell. 2017;68:414-430.e8 pubmed publisher..In addition to SMARCAL1, other SNF2-family fork remodelers, including ZRANB3 and HLTF, cause nascent DNA degradation and genomic instability in BRCA1/2-deficient cells upon replication stress...
- Vujanovic M, Krietsch J, Raso M, Terraneo N, Zellweger R, Schmid J, et al. Replication Fork Slowing and Reversal upon DNA Damage Require PCNA Polyubiquitination and ZRANB3 DNA Translocase Activity. Mol Cell. 2017;67:882-890.e5 pubmed publisher..Fork reversal is driven in vitro by multiple enzymes, including the DNA translocase ZRANB3, shown to bind polyubiquitinated PCNA...
- Yusufzai T, Kadonaga J. Annealing helicase 2 (AH2), a DNA-rewinding motor with an HNH motif. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:20970-3 pubmed publisher..Here we report the identification of a second annealing helicase, which we term AH2, for annealing helicase 2. Like HARP, AH2 catalyzes the ATP-dependent rewinding of replication protein A (RPA)-bound complementary ..
- Badu Nkansah A, Mason A, Eichman B, Cortez D. Identification of a Substrate Recognition Domain in the Replication Stress Response Protein Zinc Finger Ran-binding Domain-containing Protein 3 (ZRANB3). J Biol Chem. 2016;291:8251-7 pubmed publisher..Several enzymes including SMARCAL1, HLTF, and ZRANB3 catalyze these reactions...
- Han J, Liu T, Huen M, Hu L, Chen Z, Huang J. SIVA1 directs the E3 ubiquitin ligase RAD18 for PCNA monoubiquitination. J Cell Biol. 2014;205:811-27 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results provide evidence that the RAD18 E3 ligase requires an accessory protein for binding to its substrate PCNA. ..
- Weston R, Peeters H, Ahel D. ZRANB3 is a structure-specific ATP-dependent endonuclease involved in replication stress response. Genes Dev. 2012;26:1558-72 pubmed publisher..Here we identify a new replication-associated factor, ZRANB3 (zinc finger, RAN-binding domain containing 3), and propose its role in the repair of replication-blocking lesions...
- Ciccia A, Nimonkar A, Hu Y, Hajdu I, Achar Y, Izhar L, et al. Polyubiquitinated PCNA recruits the ZRANB3 translocase to maintain genomic integrity after replication stress. Mol Cell. 2012;47:396-409 pubmed publisher..Here we report that the ZRANB3 translocase, a SNF2 family member related to the SIOD disorder SMARCAL1 protein, is recruited by polyubiquitinated ..
- Poole L, Cortez D. Functions of SMARCAL1, ZRANB3, and HLTF in maintaining genome stability. Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol. 2017;52:696-714 pubmed publisher..SMARCAL1, ZRANB3, and HLTF are three related members of this family with specialized functions that maintain genome stability ..
- Zhang Y, Mühlen S, Oates C, Pearson J, Hartland E. Identification of a Distinct Substrate-binding Domain in the Bacterial Cysteine Methyltransferase Effectors NleE and OspZ. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:20149-62 pubmed publisher..Another NleE target, ZRANB3, also associated with NleE through the (49)GITR(52) motif...
- Yuan J, Ghosal G, Chen J. The HARP-like domain-containing protein AH2/ZRANB3 binds to PCNA and participates in cellular response to replication stress. Mol Cell. 2012;47:410-21 pubmed publisher..AH2 (annealing helicase 2, also named as ZRANB3) is the second protein with annealing activity, the function of which is still ..