Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ZNF469
Description: zinc finger protein 469
Alias: BCS, BCS1
Publications204 found, 100 shown here
- Population-based meta-analysis in Caucasians confirms association with COL5A1 and ZNF469 but not COL8A2 with central corneal thicknessRene Hoehn
Department of Ophthalmology, University Medical Center Mainz, Langenbeckstr 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Hum Genet 131:1783-93. 2012..On chromosome 16q24, the locus is located in an intergenic region near the ZNF469 gene (top SNP: rs9938149, P = 1.45 × 10(-12))...
- Identification of a novel ZNF469 mutation in a large family with Ehlers-Danlos phenotypeMohammed Al-Owain
Department of Medical Genetics, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Gene 511:447-50. 2012..BCS-1 and BCS-2 are caused by recessive mutations in ZNF469 and PRDM5, respectively. Both genes play a role in the regulatory pathway of corneal development and maintenance...
- Mutations in PRDM5 in brittle cornea syndrome identify a pathway regulating extracellular matrix development and maintenanceEmma M M Burkitt Wright
Genetic Medicine Research Group, Manchester Biomedical Research Centre, Manchester Academic Health Sciences Centre, University of Manchester and Central Manchester Foundation Trust, St Mary s Hospital, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
Am J Hum Genet 88:767-77. 2011..b>ZNF469, encoding a zinc finger protein of hitherto undefined function, has been identified as a quantitative trait locus ..
- Common genetic variants near the Brittle Cornea Syndrome locus ZNF469 influence the blinding disease risk factor central corneal thicknessYi Lu
Genetics and Population Health, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia
PLoS Genet 6:e1000947. 2010..95x10(-11). The nearest gene to the associated chromosome 16 SNPs was ZNF469, a locus recently implicated in Brittle Cornea Syndrome (BCS), a very rare disorder characterized by abnormal thin ..
- Brittle cornea syndrome associated with a missense mutation in the zinc-finger 469 geneAnne E Christensen
Center for Medical Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:47-52. 2010To investigate the diverse clinical manifestations, identify the causative mutation and explain the association with red hair in a family with brittle cornea syndrome (BCS).
- Deleterious mutations in the Zinc-Finger 469 gene cause brittle cornea syndromeAlmogit Abu
Danek Gertner Institute of Human Genetics, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Am J Hum Genet 82:1217-22. 2008..We have identified two frameshift mutations in the Zinc-Finger 469 gene (ZNF469)...
- Breast cancer outcomes among older women: HMO, fee-for-service, and delivery system comparisonsA Lee-Feldstein
Center for Health Policy and Research, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Calif 92697-5800, USA
J Gen Intern Med 16:189-99. 2001..50; 95% CI, 0.31 to 0.82). Use of breast-conserving surgery plus radiation (BCS+) varied significantly by hospital type (including HMO-owned and various-sized community hospitals) and time...
- Copper chelation-induced reduction of the biological activity of S-nitrosothiolsM P Gordge
Institute of Urology, University College London
Br J Pharmacol 114:1083-9. 1995..and S-nitrosoglutathione (GSNO) was investigated, using the specific copper chelator bathocuproine sulphonate (BCS), and human washed platelets as target cells. 2...
- [Clinical manifestation and patho-typing of biliary cast syndrome in patients after orthotopic liver transplantation]Xiao Dan Zhu
Institute of Liver Transplantation, General Hospital of Chinese Armed Police Forces, Beijing 100039, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 46:728-32. 2008To summarize the Patho-typing and the clinical manifestation of biliary cast syndrome (BCS) in patients after orthotopic liver transplantation.
- 172 reuse of autoclaved intravaginal progesterone device to estrous synchronization in toggenburg goats in the breeding seasonJ M G Souza
Federal University of Vicosa, Vicosa, MG, Brazil
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:188. 2011..9±9.8kg and 3.4±0.3) goats were assigned according to weight and body condition score (BCS, 1 to 5 scale) into 3 treatments. Animals received new devices (n=25; 48.2±11.5kg and BCS 3.4±0.3) containing 0...
- Radical surgery for Budd-Chiari syndrome through exposure of the entire inferior vena cava of the hepatic segmentXiao Ming Zhang
Department of Vascular Surgery, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:626-9. 2007Several kinds of radical surgery for the treatment of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) have been devised...
- Local treatment of hemorrhoidal disease and perianal eczema. Meta-analysis of the efficacy and safety of an Escherichia coli culture suspension alone or in combination with hydrocortisoneVolker Wienert
University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
Arzneimittelforschung 52:515-23. 2002..available clinical data on the efficacy and safety of ointments containing either a bacterial culture suspension (BCS) from Escherichia coli or a combination of BCS with hydrocortisone (CAS 50-23-7) (BCS: Posterisan, and BCS + HC: ..
- Interaction of calf suckling, use of oxytocin and milk yield with reproductive performance of dairy buffaloesMuhammad Subhan Qureshi
Faculty of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, NWFP Agricultural University, Peshawar 25120, Pakistan
Anim Reprod Sci 106:380-92. 2008..Data on milk yield, body condition score (BCS) and reproductive parameters were recorded weekly...
- Influence of body condition score on by-product yield and value from cull beef cowsJ K Apple
Department of Animal Science, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 72701, USA
J Anim Sci 77:2670-9. 1999..representing British and Continental phenotypes were slaughtered to measure the influence of body condition score (BCS) on by-product yield and value...
- Radiological and pathological size estimations of pure ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast, specimen handling and the influence on the success of breast conservation surgery: a review of 2564 cases from the Sloane ProjectJ Thomas
Pathology Department, Western General Hospital and Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Unit, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Br J Cancer 102:285-93. 2010..We have correlated these sizes with histological grade, specimen-handling methods, particularly the use of specimen slice radiographs, and the success or failure of breast-conserving surgery (BCS).
- Patterns of care analysis among women with ductal carcinoma in situ in North CarolinaLeRon C Jackson
Department of Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Am J Surg 195:164-9. 2008..Further study goals included the identification of predictors of breast-conserving surgery (BCS), adjuvant radiation, and/or hormonal therapy, as well as breast reconstruction after mastectomy.
- A 27-year experience with surgical treatment of Budd-Chiari syndromeM J Orloff
Department of Surgery, University of California San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, California 92103 8999, USA
Ann Surg 232:340-52. 2000To determine the effects of surgical portal decompression in Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) on survival, quality of life, shunt patency, liver function, portal hemodynamics, and hepatic morphology during periods ranging from 3.5 to 27 years.
- Analysis of heterocyclic amines and beta-carbolines by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry in cooked meats commonly consumed in KoreaY M Back
Department of Food Science and Technology, Dongguk University, Seoul 100 715, South Korea
Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess 26:298-305. 2009..In this study, 13 HAs and 2 beta-carbolines (BCs) were analyzed in cooked Korean meat products, including griddled bacon, griddled pork loin, boiled pork loin, ..
- Copper redox-dependent activation of 2-tert-butyl(1,4)hydroquinone: formation of reactive oxygen species and induction of oxidative DNA damage in isolated DNA and cultured rat hepatocytesYunbo Li
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions, St Albert Hall, St John s University, Jamaica, NY 11439, USA
Mutat Res 518:123-33. 2002..of O(2) and the generation of H(2)O(2) and TBQ could be completely blocked by bathocuproinedisulfonic acid (BCS) and reduced glutathione (GSH), two Cu(I)-chelators...
- [Budd-Chiari syndrome and TIPS--twelve years' experience]V Safka
Ustav fyziologie LF UK, Hradec Kralove
Cas Lek Cesk 144:38-42. 2005Massive thrombosis of hepatic veins is clinically the most serious type of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS). Ischemic impairment is the basic problem in case of acute or fulminate course of BCS...
- Body condition change ante- and postpartum, health and reproductive performance in German Holstein cowsM Hoedemaker
Production Medicine Unit, Clinic for Cattle, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Bischofsholer Damm 15, Hannover, Germany
Reprod Domest Anim 44:167-73. 2009The effects of body condition score (BCS) change and status ante- and postpartum (pp) on health and reproductive performance in 234 German Holstein cows from eight dairy farms were evaluated...
- Effects of postpartum dietary fat and body condition score at parturition on plasma, adipose tissue, and milk fatty acid composition of lactating beef cowsS L Lake
Department of Animal Science, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY 82071 3684, USA
J Anim Sci 85:717-30. 2007..conducted with lactating Angus x Gelbvieh beef cows to determine the effects of postpartum lipid supplementation, BCS at parturition, and day of lactation on fatty acid profiles in plasma, adipose tissue, and milk. In Exp...
- Genetic relationships between body condition score and reproduction traits in Canadian Holstein and Ayrshire first-parity cowsC Bastin
University of Liege, Gembloux Agro Bio Tech, Animal Science Unit, B 5030 Gembloux, Belgium
J Dairy Sci 93:2215-28. 2010The objective of this study was to investigate the genetic relationship between body condition score (BCS) and reproduction traits for first-parity Canadian Ayrshire and Holstein cows...
- Secretion of IGF-1 by ovine granulosa cells: effects of growth hormone and follicle stimulating hormoneM Khalid
Department of Farm Animal and Equine Medicine, The Royal Veterinary College, University of London, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Harfield, Hertfordshire AL9 7TA, UK
Anim Reprod Sci 58:261-72. 2000..In the first set of experiments, cells were incubated in the presence of bovine calf serum (BCS) (2.5%) for the initial 48 h of culture...
- Histopathologic classification of breast cancer in Sweden and Italy: a comparison between two pathologistsD Palli
Epidemiology Unit, Florence, Italy
Tumori 78:247-9. 1992..Overall, comparison of diagnoses of 372 BCs according to a simplified WHO histologic classification system (in four combined categories) revealed agreement for ..
- Physicochemical profiling (solubility, permeability and charge state)A Avdeef
pION INC, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Curr Top Med Chem 1:277-351. 2001..Poor solubility and poor permeability account for many PK failures. FDA's Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS) is an attempt to rationalize the critical components related to oral absorption...
- Effects of plane of nutrition and selenium supply during gestation on ewe and neonatal offspring performance, body composition, and serum seleniumA M Meyer
Department of Animal Sciences, North Dakota State University, Center for Nutrition and Pregnancy, Fargo 58108, USA
J Anim Sci 88:1786-800. 2010..From d 95 of gestation through parturition and d 20 of lactation, ewe BW and BCS were least (P <or= 0...
- [Local relapse in young (< or = 40 years) women with breast cancer after mastectomy or breast conserving surgery: 15-year results]Janos Fodor
Országos Onkológiai Intézet, 1122 Budapest, Ráth Gyorgy
Magy Onkol 49:203, 205-8. 2005Data from various sources indicate that after breast conserving surgery (BCS), younger patients have a high risk of local relapse, but there is insufficient evidence about the risk of post-mastectomy local recurrence...
- The use of drug metabolism for prediction of intestinal permeability (dagger)Mei Ling Chen
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, MD 20993, USA
Mol Pharm 6:74-81. 2009The Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS), based on the aqueous solubility and intestinal permeability of a drug substance, has been widely used to predict the extent of drug absorption during the course of pharmaceutical ..
- Access to multidisciplinary cancer care: is it linked to the use of breast-conserving surgery with radiation for early-stage breast carcinoma?Laura Mae Baldwin
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 4696, USA
Cancer 100:701-9. 2004Breast-conserving surgery (BCS) with radiation (BCSR) requires a multidisciplinary care approach between surgeons and radiation oncologists.
- Prepartum dietary management of energy intake affects postpartum intake and lactation performance by primiparous and multiparous Holstein cowsN A Janovick
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:3086-102. 2010..and primiparous cows assigned to OVR gained body condition during the dry period [initial body condition score (BCS)=3.3], but were not overconditioned by parturition (BCS=3.5)...
- High levels of soluble Major Histocompatibility Complex class I related chain A (MICA) are associated with biliary cast syndrome after liver transplantationYizhou Zou
Department of Immunology, Xiang Ya School of Medicine, Central South University, Hunan, China
Transpl Immunol 21:210-4. 2009The biliary cast syndrome (BCS) is a frequent problem following liver transplantation. The pathogenesis of this complication is not well understood...
- Modified transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt in the treatment of Budd-Chiari syndromeX Wu
Research Institute of General Surgery, School of Medicine, Nanjing University, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China
Int J Clin Pract 64:460-4. 2010The aim of this study was to determine the outcome of a modified transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (MTIPS) in the treatment of the Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS, occlusion of the hepatic veins).
- Glutamate supply positively affects serum release of triiodothyronine and insulin across time without increases of glucose during the onset of puberty in female goatsC A Meza-Herrera
Universidad Autónoma Chapingo Unidad Regional Universitaria de Zonas Áridas A P No 8, Bermejillo, Durango 35230, Mexico
Anim Reprod Sci 125:74-80. 2011..52±1.04 kg LW, 3.4±0.12 body condition score [BCS], receiving an intravenous infusion of 7 mg kg(-1) live weight [LW] of l-glutamate, twice a week, and (ii) control ..
- Haemolytic activities and adjuvant effect of Bupleurum chinense saponins on the immune responses to ovalbumin in miceHong Xiang Sun
College of Animal Sciences, Zhejiang University, Kaixuan Road 268, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310029, China
Vaccine 24:1324-31. 2006In this study, the haemolytic activities of Bupleurum chinense saponins (BCS) and its adjuvant potentials on the immune responses of ICR mice against ovalbumin (OVA) were evaluated...
- Breast-conserving surgery using projection and reproduction techniques of surgical-position breast MRI in patients with ductal carcinoma in situ of the breastMasahiro Sakakibara
Department of General Surgery, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chuoku, Chiba, Japan
J Am Coll Surg 207:62-8. 2008In this study, we report a breast-conserving surgery (BCS) approach that uses projection and reproduction techniques of breast MRI obtained in the surgical position to the breast surface in patients with ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) ..
- Understanding the breast cancer experience of women: a qualitative study of African American, Asian American, Latina and Caucasian cancer survivorsKimlin Tam Ashing-Giwa
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Psychooncology 13:408-28. 2004..We conducted a qualitative study with breast cancer survivors (BCS) of various ethnicities...
- A first look at variations in use of breast conserving surgery at five teaching hospitals in JapanTatsuro Ishizaki
Department of Healthcare Economics and Quality Management, School of Public Health, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Int J Qual Health Care 14:411-8. 2002We assessed variations in the use of breast conserving surgery (BCS) for operable breast cancer paticnts among hospitals in Japan, and then compared the length of stay (LOS) and total charges during hospitalization between patients who ..
- The suitability of an in situ perfusion model for permeability determinations: utility for BCS class I biowaiver requestsJae Seung Kim
TSRL, Inc, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108, USA
Mol Pharm 3:686-94. 2006..studies for immediate release (IR) solid oral dosage forms based on the Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS)...
- The effects of metabolizable energy intake on body fat depots of adult Pelibuey ewes fed roughage diets under tropical conditionsA J Chay-Canul
Facultad de Medicina Veterinaria y Zootecnia, Universidad Autonoma de Yucatan, Carr Mérida Xmatkuil km 15 5, Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
Trop Anim Health Prod 43:929-36. 2011..Eighteen 3-year-old Pelibuey ewes with similar body weight (BW) of 37.6 ± 4.0 kg and body condition score (BCS) of 2.5 ± 0.20 were randomly assigned to three groups of six ewes each in a completely randomized design...
- Stage at diagnosis and treatment patterns among older women with breast cancer: an HMO and fee-for-service comparisonG F Riley
Health Care Financing Administration, Baltimore, MD 21244, USA
JAMA 281:720-6. 1999..Few studies have compared patterns of care in health maintenance organization (HMO) and fee-for-service (FFS) settings...
- Biopharmaceutics classification system: validation and learnings of an in vitro permeability assayVictoria E Thiel-Demby
GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Mol Pharm 6:11-8. 2009The Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS) is the scientific basis for classifying drugs based on their aqueous solubility and intestinal permeability that supports in vivo bioavailability and bioequivalence waivers for immediate-..
- Feasibility and midterm outcomes of percutaneous transhepatic balloon angioplasty for symptomatic Budd-Chiari syndrome secondary to hepatic venous obstructionTianxiao Li
Department of Interventional Radiology, People s Hospital of Henan Province, Zhengzhou, Henan, Peoples Republic of China
J Vasc Surg 50:1079-84. 2009This study evaluated the feasibility and outcomes of percutaneous transhepatic balloon angioplasty (PTBA) of the hepatic vein in the management of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) secondary to hepatic venous outflow obstruction.
- Effect of weaning date (normal vs. late) on performance of young and mature beef cows and their progeny in a fall calving system in the Southern Great PlainsM D Hudson
Department of Animal Science, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, USA
J Anim Sci 88:1577-87. 2010..Mature cows were heavier (P < 0.01) than young cows throughout the trial, although BCS was similar (P >or= 0.10) among cow age classes. Cow BW (P = 0.58) and BCS (P = 0...
- [Mesoatrial shunt in Budd-Chiari syndrome]Darko Mirkovic
Klinika za abdominalnu i endokrinu hirurgiju, Beograd, Srbija
Vojnosanit Pregl 66:69-73. 2009Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) represents partial or total occlusion of the hepatic veins with or without simultaneous obstruction of vena cava inferior (VCI)...
- Storage time and eggshell colour of pheasant eggs vs. the number of blastodermal cells and hatchability resultsRadosław Kozuszek
Department of Poultry Science, Poznan University of Life Sciences, Witosa 45, 61 693 Poznań, Poland
Folia Biol (Krakow) 57:121-30. 2009..dark-brown and olive eggs were characterised by a similar and significantly higher (by about 48%) number of embryo BCs in comparison with light-brown and blue eggs...
- Effects of late gestation supplementation of rumen undegradable protein, vitamin E, zinc, and chlortetracycline to ewes on indices of immune transfer and productivityR R Redden
Department of Animal and Range Sciences, Montana State University, Bozeman 59717, USA
J Anim Sci 88:1125-34. 2010..Ewes of different age (Exp. 1; 3- vs. 6-yr-old; n = 52) and BCS (Exp. 2; good vs. poor BCS; 3.0 and 1.7 +/- 0...
- Effects of body condition score and score change on the reproductive performance of dairy cows: a meta-analysisF Lopez-Gatius
Department of Animal Production, University of Lleida, Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingeniería Agraria, Avda Alcalde Rovira Roure 177, 25198 Lleida, Spain
Theriogenology 59:801-12. 2003A meta-analysis was conducted to evaluate the effects of body condition score (BCS) at parturition and at first AI, and of body condition change during the early lactation period on the variables pregnancy rate at first AI and number of ..
- Milk production of dairy cows fed wet corn gluten feed during the dry period and lactationP J Kononoff
Department of Animal Science, University of Nebraska, Lincoln 68583 0908, USA
J Dairy Sci 89:2608-17. 2006..of feeding wet corn gluten feed (WCGF) on 305-d milk production, dry matter (DM) intake, body condition score (BCS), and health...
- Genetics of body condition score in New Zealand dairy cowsJ E Pryce
Livestock Improvement Corporation Ltd, Private Bag 3016, Hamilton, New Zealand
J Dairy Sci 89:4424-32. 2006Body condition score (BCS) data were collected on 169,661 first-parity cows from herds participating in progeny testing schemes and linear type assessment...
- Relationships among inflammatory cytokines, obesity, and insulin sensitivity in the horseM M Vick
Department of Veterinary Science, Maxwell Gluck Equine Research Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40546, USA
J Anim Sci 85:1144-55. 2007..Age was recorded and BCS and percent body fat (% FAT) were determined as measures of obesity in 60 mares...
- Patterns of initial management of node-negative breast cancer in two Canadian provinces. British Columbia/Ontario Working GroupV Goel
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biostatistics, University of Toronto
CMAJ 156:25-35. 1997..To describe the patterns of initial management of node-negative breast cancer in Ontario and British Columbia and to compare the characteristics of the patients and tumours and of the physicians and hospitals involved in management...
- Breast conserving surgery for multifocal breast cancerWoosung Lim
Department of Surgery, University of Ulsan College of Medicine and Asan Medical Center, Songpa Gu, Seoul, Korea
Ann Surg 249:87-90. 2009The purpose of this study is to examine the oncological safety of breast conserving surgery (BCS) for patients with multifocal breast cancer.
- Heritability of gross feed efficiency and associations with yield, intake, residual intake, body weight, and body condition score in 11 commercial Pennsylvania tie stallsJ E Vallimont
Department of Dairy and Animal Science, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Dairy Sci 94:2108-13. 2011..by regressing daily DMI on daily milk, fat, and protein yields, body weight (BW), daily body condition score (BCS) gain or loss, the interaction between BW and BCS gain or loss, and days in milk (DIM)...
- Effects of acclimation to human interaction on performance, temperament, physiological responses, and pregnancy rates of Brahman-crossbred cowsR F Cooke
Oregon State University, Eastern Oregon Agricultural Research Center, Burns 97720, USA
J Anim Sci 87:4125-32. 2009..Approximately 45 d after weaning (August 2006) in yr 1, cows were evaluated for BW, BCS, and temperament (chute score, pen score, and exit velocity), stratified by these measurements in addition to breed ..
- Associations among patterns in daily body weight, body condition scoring, and reproductive performance in high-producing dairy cowsM van Straten
Hachaklait, Mutual Society for Veterinary Services, Caesarea Industrial Park, Israel
J Dairy Sci 92:4375-85. 2009The objective was to investigate the associations between body condition scores (BCS) and daily body weight (BW) in the first 150 d of lactation (DIM) and reproductive performance in high-producing dairy cows...
- Preliminary evaluation of magnetic resonance fresh blood imaging for diagnosis of Budd-Chiari syndromeKe Ren
Department of Radiology, First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:95-9. 2007Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) is a rare disease with portal hypertension caused by the blockage of the hepatic vein and/or the inferior vena cava (IVC)...
- Effects of nutritional support on hospital outcome in dogs and catsMarcio A Brunetto
Department of Veterinary Clinic and Surgery, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Jaboticabal, SP, Brazil
J Vet Emerg Crit Care (San Antonio) 20:224-31. 2010..the effects of assisted nutritional support on hospital outcome in dogs and cats, and the relationship between hospital outcome and energy intake, body condition score (BCS), physical status score, and type of nutritional support used.
- Development of a body condition scoring index for female African elephants validated by ultrasound measurements of subcutaneous fatKari A Morfeld
Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute, National Zoological Park, Front Roya, Virginia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e93802. 2014..Body condition scoring (BCS) is the assessment of subcutaneous fat stores based on visual evaluation and provides an immediate appraisal of the ..
- Changes in arm morbidities and health-related quality of life after breast cancer surgery - a five-year follow-up studyAse Sagen
Department of Breast and Endocrine Surgery, Ullevaal University Hospital, Oslo, Norway
Acta Oncol 48:1111-8. 2009BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE. Many breast cancer survivors (BCS) suffer from long-term upper limb morbidities after axillary node dissection...
- Effect of the first GnRH and two doses of PGF2α in a 5-day progesterone-based CO-Synch protocol on heifer pregnancyR K Kasimanickam
Department of Veterinary Clinical Sciences, Washington State University, Pullman, Washington, USA Electronic address
Theriogenology 81:797-804. 2014..On Day 0, heifers were body condition scored (BCS), and received a CIDR...
- Biowaiver monograph for immediate-release solid oral dosage forms: bisoprolol fumarateNaseem A Charoo
Xepa Soul Pattinson M Sdn Bhd, Melaka, Malaysia
J Pharm Sci 103:378-91. 2014..Bisoprolol is classified as a Class I API according to the current Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS)...
- Initial body condition score affects hormone and metabolite response to nutritional restriction and repletion in yearling postpubertal beef heifersJ M Cassady
St Paul Beef Cattle Teaching and Research Facility, Department of Animal Science, University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
J Anim Sci 87:2262-73. 2009..heifers (initial BW of 443 +/- 9 kg) were allotted randomly into 2 treatment groups to evaluate if initial BCS affects response of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis to metabolic signals elicited by energy restriction and ..
- Overall survival according to type of surgery in young (≤40 years) early breast cancer patients: A systematic meta-analysis comparing breast-conserving surgery versus mastectomyJosé Vila
Division of Breast Surgery, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy
Breast 24:175-81. 2015Young age is an independent risk factor for local recurrence after breast conserving surgery (BCS) and whole breast radiotherapy (WBRT) for breast cancer...
- The effects of additional tumor cavity sampling at the time of breast-conserving surgery on final margin status, volume of resection, and pathologist workloadMonica Rizzo
Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 17:228-34. 2010Margin status is an important prognostic factor for local recurrence after breast-conserving surgery (BCS) in patients with breast malignancy...
- Increased hypermethylation of glutathione S-transferase P1, DNA-binding protein inhibitor, death associated protein kinase and paired box protein-5 genes in triple-negative breast cancer Saudi femalesMohamed M Hafez
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, King Saud University, Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 16:541-9. 2015..epigenetic events might be involved in breast carcinogenesis, and whether they might be used as markers for Saudi BCs. Methylation of glutathione S-transferase P1 (GSTP1), T-cadherin (CDH13), Paired box protein 5 (PAX5), death ..
- Tobacco use and bladder cancer patterns in three western European countriesMieke J J Van Hemelrijck
Division of Public Health Practice, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
J Public Health (Oxf) 31:335-44. 2009Smoking accounts for >50% of bladder cancers (BCs) in men and 30% in women. Our aim is to explore this large discrepancy by contrasting countries with distinct smoking patterns and habits as these might explain sex differences for BC.
- Bioequivalence studies and sugar-based excipients effects on the properties of new generic ketoconazole tablets formulations and stability evaluation by using direct compression methodAlessandra L Viçosa
TIF, Departamento de Medicamentos, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Pharm Dev Technol 14:530-9. 2009..a broad-spectrum antifungal agent that belongs to the class II of Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS). The ketoconazole raw material supplier was selected to present a best flow and compactation...
- Identification of high-affinity copper transporters in Aspergillus fumigatusYong Sung Park
School of Life Sciences and Biotechnology, Korea University, Anam Dong, Sungbuk Gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea
Fungal Genet Biol 73:29-38. 2014..exhibited a growth defect on Aspergillus minimal medium (AMM) supplemented with bathocuproine disulfonic acid (BCS) and was sensitive to H2O2...
- Summary of the National Institute of Child Health and Human Development-best pharmaceuticals for Children Act Pediatric Formulation Initiatives Workshop-Pediatric Biopharmaceutics Classification System Working GroupSusan M Abdel-Rahman
Division of Pediatric Pharmacology and Medical Toxicology, The Children s Mercy Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Clin Ther 34:S11-24. 2012The Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS) allows compounds to be classified based on their in vitro solubility and intestinal permeability...
- Electrobiocommodities: powering microbial production of fuels and commodity chemicals from carbon dioxide with electricityDerek R Lovley
Department of Microbiology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, MA 01003, USA
Curr Opin Biotechnol 24:385-90. 2013..These electrobiocommodities (E-BCs) can be produced directly via electrode-to-microbe electron transfer or indirectly with electrochemically generated ..
- Identification of patients at very low risk of local recurrence after breast-conserving surgerySally L Smith
Radiation Therapy Program and Breast Cancer Outcomes Unit, British Columbia Cancer Agency, Vancouver Island Centre, University of British Columbia, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada Electronic address
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 89:556-62. 2014To identify clinical and pathological factors that identify groups of women with stage I breast cancer with a 5-year risk of local recurrence (LR) ≤1.5% after breast-conserving therapy (BCS) plus whole-breast radiation therapy (RT).
- Effects of PEGylated lipid nanoparticles on the oral absorption of one BCS II drug: a mechanistic investigationXingwang Zhang
Division of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, Jinan University, Guangzhou, People s Republic of China
Int J Nanomedicine 9:5503-14. 2014..and the effect of PEGylation on oral absorption of fenofibrate (FN), a Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS) II model drug...
- Factors contributing to underuse of radiation among younger women with breast cancerI Wen Pan
Affiliations of authors Health Economics and Outcome Research, McKesson Specialty Health The Woodlands, TX I WP Department of Radiation Oncology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center Houston, TX BDS Section of Hospital Medicine, Department of Medicine, The University of Chicago Chicago, IL Y CTS
J Natl Cancer Inst 106:djt340. 2014Evidence-based literature has confirmed the effectiveness of radiation therapy (RT) after breast-conserving surgery (BCS), especially for young women. However, women with young children may be less likely to be compliant...
- Selection of treatment among Latina and non-Latina white women with ductal carcinoma in situCelia P Kaplan
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0856, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 20:215-23. 2011..growing rates of ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) and evidence that Latinas may underuse breast-conserving surgery (BCS) compared with white women highlight the need to better understand how treatment decisions are made in this ..
- Thrombotic risk factors in Chinese Budd-Chiari syndrome patients. An observational study with a systematic review of the literatureX Qi
Department of Liver Disease and Digestive Interventional Radiology, Xijing Hospital of Digestive Diseases, No 27 Changle West Road, Xi an, China
Thromb Haemost 109:878-84. 2013In Western countries, thrombotic risk factors for Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) are very common, including factor V Leiden mutation, prothrombin G20210A mutation, myeloproliferative neoplasms, paroxysmal nocturnal haemoglobinuria, etc...
- Budd-Chiari syndrome with fresh inferior vena cava thrombosis: agitation thrombolysis and balloon dilationP X Ding
Department of Radiology, The First Affiliated Hospital, Zhengzhou University, Zhengzhou, Henan Province, China
Vasa 40:57-63. 2011To evaluate retrospectively our initial clinical experience of agitation thrombolysis and balloon dilation in the treatment of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) in patients with fresh inferior vena cava (IVC) thrombosis.
- Understanding and controlling morphology formation in Langmuir-Blodgett block copolymer films using PS-P4VP and PS-P4VP/PDPIryna I Perepichka
Departement de Chimie, Centre de recherche sur les matériaux auto assemblés CRMAA CSACS, Universite de Montreal, C P 6128, Succursale Centre Ville, Montreal QC, Canada H3C 3J7
Langmuir 29:4502-19. 2013..of the factors that govern the morphologies of Langmuir-Blodgett (LB) monolayers of amphiphilic diblock copolymers (BCs)...
- Effects of replacing grass silage with either maize silage or concentrates during late pregnancy on the performance of breeding ewes fed isonitrogenous dietsR W Annett
Agriculture Branch, Agri Food and Biosciences Institute AFBI, Large Park, Hillsborough, Co Down, Northern Ireland BT26 6DR, UK
Animal 7:957-64. 2013..001). C ewes lost more live weight (LW; P < 0.001) and body condition score (BCS; P < 0.05) during the first 3 weeks of the study but there were no dietary effects on ewe LW or BCS thereafter...
- A survey of health care and disease in geriatric horses aged 30 years or olderJoanne L Ireland
Institute of Infection and Global Health, Faculty of Health and Life Sciences, University of Liverpool, Leahurst, Neston CH64 7TE, UK
Vet J 192:57-64. 2012..Of the animals examined, 16% were underweight with body condition scores (BCS)<2/5, and 10% were overweight (BCS>3/5)...
- Fat necrosis and parenchymal scarring after breast-conserving surgery and radiotherapy with an intraoperative electron or fractionated, percutaneous boost: a retrospective comparisonMarc D Piroth
Department of Radiation Oncology, RWTH Aachen University Hospital, Pauwelsstrase 30, 52074, Aachen, Germany
Breast Cancer 21:409-14. 2014..necroses and parenchymal scarring in the breast tissue within the first 3 years after breast-conserving surgery (BCS) and whole-breast irradiation with an additional intraoperative electron boost (IO-B) versus fractionated ..
- Omission of radiation therapy after breast-conserving surgery in the United States: a population-based analysis of clinicopathologic factorsTodd M Tuttle
Department of Surgery, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Cancer 118:2004-13. 2012Radiation therapy (RT) after breast-conserving surgery (BCS) is associated with a significant reduction in ipsilateral breast tumor recurrence and breast cancer mortality rates in patients with early stage breast cancer...
- Diagnostic accuracy of a new instrument for detecting cognitive dysfunctionSteven P Cercy
Mental Health Service 11 M, Veterans Affairs New York Harbor Healthcare System, New York Campus, New York, NY, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 27:914-23. 2012..The Brief Cognitive Screen (BCS) was developed to improve sensitivity and overall diagnostic accuracy of case detection for cognitive dysfunction ..
- Clinical case of the month. A rare case of Budd Chiari syndromeTheepa Thayalakulasingam
Department of Medicine, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, New Orleans, USA
J La State Med Soc 163:291-4. 2011..All patients with BCS warrant a hypercoagulable work up and JAK2 mutation is increasingly recognized as a contributing factor, even in ..
- Preliminary specificity study of the Bestel-Clément-Sorine electromechanical model of the heart using parameter calibration from medical imagesS Marchesseau
INRIA, Asclepios Research Project, Sophia Antipolis, France
J Mech Behav Biomed Mater 20:259-71. 2013..We use the Bestel-Clément-Sorine (BCS) electromechanical model of the heart, which provides reasonable accuracy with a reduced parameter number compared ..
- Infections with gastrointestinal nematodes, Fasciola and Paramphistomum in cattle in Cambodia and their association with morbidity parametersPierre Dorny
Department of Virology, Parasitology and Immunology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Ghent University, Merelbeke, Belgium
Vet Parasitol 175:293-9. 2011..The body condition score (BCS), faecal consistency (diarrhoea score, DS), colour of the ocular conjunctivae (FAMACHA(©)) and packed cell volume ..
- Pharmaceutical applications of cyclodextrins: basic science and product developmentThorsteinn Loftsson
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of Iceland, Reykjavik, Iceland
J Pharm Pharmacol 62:1607-21. 2010..currently marketed drugs are poorly soluble based on the definition of the biopharmaceutical classification system (BCS), about 90% of drugs in development can be characterized as poorly soluble...
- Intraoperative radiotherapy as a boost during breast-conserving surgery using low-kilovoltage X-rays: the first 5 years of experience with a novel approachFrederik Wenz
Department of Radiation Oncology, University Medical Center Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, Mannheim, Germany
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:1309-14. 2010Intraoperative radiotherapy (IORT) during breast-conserving surgery (BCS) has been recently introduced using different devices...
- Short communication: Genetic characterization of digital cushion thicknessG Oikonomou
Department of Population Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853
J Dairy Sci 97:532-6. 2014..to characterize digital cushion thickness genetically and to investigate its association with body condition score (BCS), locomotion score (LOCO), CHDL, and milk production...
- Trends and clinical implications of preoperative breast MRI in Medicare beneficiaries with breast cancerBrigid K Killelea
Department of Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 141:155-63. 2013..We assessed the association between MRI and surgical approach: breast-conserving surgery (BCS) versus mastectomy, bilateral versus unilateral mastectomy, and use of contralateral prophylactic mastectomy...
- The association between biological subtype and isolated regional nodal failure after breast-conserving therapyJennifer Y Wo
Harvard Radiation Oncology Program, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:188-96. 2010..risk of isolated regional nodal failure (RNF) among women with invasive breast cancer treated with breast-conserving surgery (BCS) and radiation therapy (RT) and to determine factors, including biological subtype, associated with RNF.
- Trichloroethylene adsorption by pine needle biochars produced at various pyrolysis temperaturesMahtab Ahmad
Korea Biochar Research Center and Department of Biological Environment, Kangwon National University, Chuncheon 200 701, Republic of Korea
Bioresour Technol 143:615-22. 2013..O- and H-containing functional groups with increasing temperature, and produced high aromaticity and low polarity BCs. BCs produced at higher temperature showed greater TCE removal efficiency from water due to their high surface area,..
- Patient, hospital, and neighborhood factors associated with treatment of early-stage breast cancer among Asian American women in CaliforniaScarlett Lin Gomez
Cancer Prevention Institute of California, Fremont, CA 94538, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 21:821-34. 2012Clinical guidelines recommend breast-conserving surgery (BCS) with radiation as a viable alternative to mastectomy for treatment of early-stage breast cancer...
- Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose mediated precipitation inhibition of sirolimus: from a screening campaign to a proof-of-concept human studyMarija Petruševska
Sandoz Development Center Slovenia, Pharmaceutical and Biological Profiling, Lek Pharmaceuticals d d, 1526 Ljubljana, Slovenia
Mol Pharm 10:2299-310. 2013The aim of this study was to develop a sirolimus (BCS class II drug substance) solid oral dosage form containing a precipitation inhibitor, which would result in an improved sirolimus absorption in humans compared to the formulation ..
- JAK2 mutations across a spectrum of venous thrombosis casesShrimati Shetty
National Institute of Immunohaematology, KEM Hospital, Parel, Mumbai, India
Am J Clin Pathol 134:82-5. 2010..regions (cerebral venous thrombosis [CVT], 70; deep venous thrombosis [DVT], 36; Budd-Chiari syndrome [BCS], 137; portal venous thrombosis [PVT], 78) were studied for the presence of JAK2 mutations...
- Trastuzumab use in breast cancer patients in the six Health Care Regions in SwedenUlla Wilking
Karolinska Institutet, Department of Oncology Pathology, Stockholm, Sweden
Acta Oncol 49:844-50. 2010Approximately 14% of Early Breast Cancers, EBCs, and 25% of Metastatic BCs, MBCs, are HER2 positive...
- The FDA should eliminate the ambiguities in the current BCS biowaiver guidance and make public the drugs for which BCS biowaivers have been grantedL Z Benet
Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences, Schools of Pharmacy and Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 88:405-7. 2010Although US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)-approved Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS) class 1 drugs are designated as high-permeability drugs, in fact, the criterion utilized is high extent of absorption...
- Predicting the oral absorption of a poorly soluble, poorly permeable weak base using biorelevant dissolution and transfer model tests coupled with a physiologically based pharmacokinetic modelChristian Wagner
Institute of Pharmaceutical Technology, Goethe University, Frankfurt Main, Germany
Eur J Pharm Biopharm 82:127-38. 2012..Up till now, however, simulations appearing in the open literature have mainly focused on BCS class II compounds, and many of these simulations tend to have more of a "retrospective" than a prognostic, ..
- Effect of peripartum dietary energy supplementation of dairy cows on metabolites, liver function and reproductive variablesE Castañeda-Gutiérrez
Department of Animal Science, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Anim Reprod Sci 112:301-15. 2009..Cows in PGLY gained body condition score (BCS) prepartum and net energy balance prepartum tended to be greater, but was not different postpartum from other ..
- Expression of exogenous genes in blastodermal cells of chicken in vitroMarek Bednarczyk
Department of Animal Biotechnology, University of Technology and Agriculture, Mazowiecka 28, 85 225 Bydgoszcz, Poland
Folia Biol (Krakow) 51:189-94. 2003Chicken blastodermal cells (BCs) from stage X embryos produce both somatic and germline chimeras when injected into the subgerminal cavity of recipient embryos...
- Calving system and weaning age effects on cow and preweaning calf performance in the Northern Great PlainsE E Grings
USDA ARS, Fort Keogh Livestock and Range Research Laboratory, Miles City, MT 59301, USA
J Anim Sci 83:2671-83. 2005..06) to be lighter than calves of the same age from the Feb or Apr calving systems. Cow BW change and BCS dynamics were affected by calving system, but the proportion of cows pregnant in the fall was not...
- Characterization of HIN1 Putative Tumor SuppressorIan Krop; Fiscal Year: 2003..is highly expressed in normal breast epithelial cells, but lost in >90% of primary pre-invasive and invasive BCs and BC cell lines...
- Erythropoietin and Breast Cancer Stem CellsFrank Pajonk; Fiscal Year: 2013..serum Epo level correlate with high BCSC burden, nodal status and local control after breast-conserving surgery (BCS) and RT...
- A Novel Optical Spectral Imaging System for Rapid Imaging of Breast Tumor MarginsNirmala Ramanujam; Fiscal Year: 2013..Women with operable breast cancer undergo Breast Conserving Surgery (BCS), also called lumpectomy or partial mastectomy...
- MULTILEVEL COMPLIANCE MODEL OF BREAST CANCER TREATMENTSMary Fennell; Fiscal Year: 1999..In brief, recommended primary treatment has been breast conserving surgery (BCS) plus radiation therapy (RT), or modified radical mastectomy...
- Intra-operative specimen tomosynthesis for margin assessment in breast surgeryEMRE TOKER; Fiscal Year: 2009..radiographic margin assessment of surgically excised breast tissue specimens during breast-conserving surgery (BCS)...
- CARE, COSTS AND OUTCOMES OF LOCAL BREAST CANCERJeanne Mandelblatt; Fiscal Year: 1999..treatments for local breast cancer in the elderly: modified radical mastectomy (MRM), breast conserving surgery (BCS) with radiotherapy (RT), and BCS without RT...
- Intraoperative imaging of breast cancer margins using Polarization Subtraction TeSHABBIR BAKIR BAMBOT; Fiscal Year: 2013..innovative, cost effective and easy to use device for visualizing tumor margins during Breast Conservation Surgery (BCS), a method that is used in about 60-70% percent of breast cancer surgeries...
- A Fluorescence Histology System for In Vivo Breast Tumor Margin AssessmentJONATHAN QUINCY BROWN; Fiscal Year: 2012..women with early stage invasive breast cancer and/or carcinoma in situ (CIS) received breast conserving surgery (BCS). BCS involves removal of malignant tissue with a surrounding margin of normal breast tissue...
- TAS::75 0849::TAS SBIR TOPIC 307 PHASE I NOVEL IMAGING AGENTS TO EXPAND THE CLINBRYAN WALSER; Fiscal Year: 2011..The major complication after breast conserving surgery (BCS) is local recurrence of the cancer...
- Influence of Exercise and Adiposity on Biomarkers of Breast Cancer RecurrenceLisa J Wood; Fiscal Year: 2013..Observational studies suggest that if breast cancer survivors (BCS) can become sufficiently physically active and control their weight, prognosis may improve even further...
- Acyclic Cucurbit n uril Molecular Containers for Drug Solubilization and DeliveryLYLE D ISAACS; Fiscal Year: 2013..pharmaceutical industry is that 40-70% of new drug compounds belong to the biopharmaceutics classification system (BCS) class II with such poor aqueous solubility that they cannot be formulated on their own...
- Local Therapy of Breast Cancer in Community PopulationsNancy Keating; Fiscal Year: 2007..conservation offers survival rates equivalent to mastectomy and (b) patients undergoing breast-conserving surgery (BCS) should also receive radiation. These statements are based on clinical trial data; however, only 2...
- Subjective Well-Being Over The Life CourseSTEPHEN JONATHAN MACHIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The British Cohort Study (BCS) and UK National Child Development Study (NCDS) will enable us to estimate these models up to middle age...
- THERAPY OF LYMPHOMA/LEUKEMIA WITH MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIESOliver W Press; Fiscal Year: 2013..extend the approach to patients lacking histocompatibility locus antigen (HLA)-matched donors by investigating 131l-BCS in the setting of haplo-identical transplantation for AML, ALL and MDS (Aim 2) and explore the use of 90Yttrium-BC8,..
- Optical studies of the cone photoreceptor synapseRichard H Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2013The connections between cone photoreceptors and their postsynaptic targets, bipolar and horizontal cells (BCs and HCs), are the first synapses in the visual system...
- The Role of SRC-1 in Breast CancerJianming Xu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Twist is a DNA-binding transcription factor overexpressed in invasive BCs and a master regulator of EMT and BC Meta...
- Anatomical and Functional Properties of Auditory Nerve SynapsesMARIA EULALIA RUBIO; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the cochlear nucleus (CN), AN fibers bifurcate to innervate multiple cell populations, including bushy cells (BCs) in the ventral CN, and fusiform cells (FCs) in the dorsal CN...
- Roles of SRC-3 in Development and DiseaseJianming Xu; Fiscal Year: 2013..While SRC3 is expressed in the basal cells (BCs) but not expressed in the normal exocrine luminal epithelial cells (ELECs), it is overexpressed in the advanced ..
- Multiplex diagnostic for biothreat C. psittaci &non-threat respiratory pathogensRichard F Selden; Fiscal Year: 2013..The NetBio platform consists of a ruggedized, analytic instrument that accepts a biochipset (BCS)-shown in Preliminary Studies to purify genomic DNA from clinical samples, amplify, electrophoretically separate ..
- Determinants and Correlates of Physical Activity in Breast Cancer SurvivorsSIOBHAN MARIE WHITE; Fiscal Year: 2010There are over 2.4 million breast cancer survivors (BCS) in the U.S. accounting for 22% of all cancer survivors . The 5-year survival rate of 88...
- Mechanisms underlying therapeutic effect of a new compound Isorhapontigenin (ISO)Chuanshu Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013..ISO) i a new derivative of stilbene, and isolated from a Chinese herb that has been used in China for treatment of BCs for hundreds of years without understanding of molecular mechanisms...
- Southern Community Cancer Survivorship StudyAnn Marie Flores; Fiscal Year: 2010..breast cancer specific physical and functional limitations and symptoms among AAs, poor and medically underserved BCS. H1...
- Rural Long-Term Cancer Survivors and Contextual Health-related Quality of LifeLELI PEDRO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore breast cancer survivors (BCS) make up 41% of all cancer survivors yet this group remains poorly understood in the rural setting...
- Prevalence, Predictors, and Consequences of Alcohol Use from Childhood to MidlifeJennifer L Maggs; Fiscal Year: 2013..temperamental, cognitive, and family influences on early alcohol use in the MCS and the 1970 British Cohort Study (BCS) with structural equation models;(2) In the BCS and 1958 National Child Development Study (NCDS), examine how ..
- Family Communication in Coping with Ethnic Minority Breast Cancer SurvivorsJung won Lim; Fiscal Year: 2010How breast cancer survivors (BCS) and their families cope with stress experiences and communicate with each other may influence their quality of life outcomes...
- Retinal RemodelingRobert E Marc; Fiscal Year: 2013..gt;12mos of age will receive (1) subretinal injections of Channelrhodopsin2 (ChR2)-AAV targeting bipolar cells (BCs) or AII amacrine cell (ACs). Analyses will follow those established in Aim 1. Signifi- cance...
- SPORE in Genitourinary CancerColin P N Dinney; Fiscal Year: 2013..of urothelial neoplasia, the determination of whether activating mutations and gene amplifications present in BCs drive cancer progression and serve as potential therapeutic targets, the identification of molecular and biological ..
- A Specific Mechanism for Non-Specific InhibitionBrian K Shoichet; Fiscal Year: 2013..In vivo pharmacokinetics. Colloids of several BCS II and IV oral drugs are stable in simulated intestinal fluids...
- Blood Cell-Spheres: Growth, Description, and PotentialAUDREY NADINE JAJOSKY; Fiscal Year: 2013..These advances inspired us to grow "blood cell-spheres" (BCS) using leukemia cells taken from routine patient blood specimens...
- Circuit Assembly in the Vertebrate RetinaRACHEL O WONG; Fiscal Year: 2013..This information is distributed by retinal bipolar cells (BCs) along many anatomically and functionally distinct channels...
- Training Program in the Neurobiology of Learning and MemoryMark F Bear; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Brain and Cognitive Sciences (BCS) Graduate Program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology requests renewal of the training program in the Neurobiology of Learning and Memory (NLM)...
- Glucocorticoid receptor-mediated survival signaling in breast cancerSUZANNE DANIELA CONZEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..studies with long-term clinical follow-up and examined the association between high GR expression in primary BCs and risk of relapse in over 1300 patients...
- Enabling family communication about cancer - Do you know your Kin Facts?John M Quillin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific aims: 1. Assess the effect of the Kin Fact program on communication about FH of BCs and CCs. We will investigate race/ethnicity and education as effect modifiers. 2...
- PHYSIOLOGY AND PHARMACOLOGY OF SYNAPSES IN THE RETINASamuel M Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..the detailed cellular and synaptic mechanisms underlying center and surround responses of retinal bipolar cells (BCs)...
- Epigenetic Features of Pregnancy-Associated Breast Cancer in Hispanic WomenMaria Elena Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>BCs that occur in the post-partum period have more aggressive histopathological features, are more likely to ..
- ROD AND CONE SIGNALING PATHWAYS IN MAMMALIAN RETINASamuel M Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..BC types in the three alphaGC circuitries and to identify possible synaptic contacts between rods/cones and BCs and between BCs and alphaGCs;(2) to determine the relative strengths of rod- and cone-mediated inputs to BCs and ..
- Birmingham Science Education Partnership: Middle School Inquiry-Based LearningJ MICHAEL MICHAEL WYSS; Fiscal Year: 2011..The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), Birmingham City Schools (BCS)'and McWane Center have forged an effective alliance that has empowered CORD's SEPA-funded high school ..
- Effectiveness Trial of Attention Shaping for SchizophreniaSteven M Silverstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..ASP will be integrated within a standard form of social skills training [UCLA Basic Conversation Skills Module (BCS)], and compared to a BCS-alone condition...
- Integrative Training Progran in VisionEdward H Adelson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences (BCS) has a very broad range of research and teaching in the vision sciences, with particular expertise in visual ..
- METANALYSIS COGNITIVE NEUROIMAGING: METHODS VALIDATIONSPeter Fox; Fiscal Year: 2002..semantics) for the behaviors used and mental operations experimentally mapped, termed the Behavioral Coding Scheme (BCS)...
- CELLULAR DEFECTS IN NOCTURNAL HEMOGLOBINURIARobert Hartmann; Fiscal Year: 1980..The major thrust will concern an extended study of hepatic venous thrombosis (Budd-Chiari syndrome) (BCS) as a frequent, highly lethal complication of PNH...
- Histology-Based Computational Tools for Ultrasonic Differentiation of NeoplasmsTIMOTHY EDWIN DOYLE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Tissue margin assessments during breast conservation surgery (BCS) are one example...
- Outcomes of Omission of Radiation With Lumpectomy (BCS) Among Low-Income WomenRoger Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2007ABSTRACT Title: Outcomes of Omission of Radiation With Lumpectomy (BCS) Among Low-Income Women Background: There is little information describing the patterns of health care and outcomes in financially needy women with breast cancer in ..
- Menkes protein:copper transport in the pituitaryTAMI STEVESON; Fiscal Year: 2002..The copper chelators, bathocuproinedisulfonic acid (BCS) and Disulfiram (Antabuse), will be used to determine if a reduction of copper levels affects the behavior of ..
- Leukocyte Biomarkers for Predicting Human Breast Cancer OutcomesLAURA J VAN 'T VEER; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, the molecular natures of individual leukocyte subtypes associated with developing breast cancers (BCs) are inadequately understood...
- NEUROENDOCRINE PACERS, PEPTIDES, RECEPTORS, ANTIBODIESFelix Strumwasser; Fiscal Year: 1991..2) Determining the structure-activity relationships of the neuropeptide egg-laying hormone (ELH), made by the BCs, by using fragments and modifications of synthetic ELH, in conjunction with behavioral egg-laying assays, ..
- NEW HANOVER BREAST CANCER SCREENING PROGRAMDANA QUADE; Fiscal Year: 1990We propose a comprehensive program to increase and improve breast cancer screening (BCS), including annual clinical breast examination and mammography among women ages 50 to 74 in New Hanover County, NC...
- BIRMINGHAM SCIENCE EDUCATION PARTNERSHIP (BSEP) PHASE IMary Williams; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract): The University of Alabama at Birmingham, McWane Science Center and the Birmingham City Schools (BCS) propose a highly coordinated program to provide high school science teachers and their students with a laboratory-..
- Role of Cellular Lipoprotein in PrPSen>PrPRes ConversionAbraham Grossman; Fiscal Year: 2004..This model is composed of proteinase K (pK) sensitive PrP (PrPSen) and a high molecular weight component of BCS that, in combination with RNA, generates a pK-resistant form of PrP (PrPRes)...
- Breast Tissue ablation by Conductive HeatingGal Shafirstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..At these early stages, breast cancer patients can be treated via breast conservation surgery (BCS)...
- Insomnia Intervention for Breast Cancer SurvivorsDana Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2003..efficacy of non-pharmacological treatment for patients most at need and at risk such as breast cancer survivors (BCS)...
- PHOTON MIGRATION MEASUREMENTS FOR TISSUE DIAGNOSTICSEva Sevick Muraca; Fiscal Year: 1999..pending), and functional/structural spectroscopic imaging on the basis of tissue optical properties (NSF-BCS- 9358254)...
- Molecular pathogenesis of focal cortical dysplasiasPeter B Crino; Fiscal Year: 2010..similar histological features including cells exhibiting cytomegaly and abnormal morphology called balloon cells (BCs)...
- Comparison of Aerobic and Resistance Exercise in Older Breast Cancer SurvivorsKerri Winters Stone; Fiscal Year: 2009..effects of aerobic exercise and resistance exercise for inactive older (aged 65+) breast cancer survivors (BCS) at least two years post- treatment...
- Transporter-Enzyme Interplay Evaluation via Microfluidiic HTS Cell Culture DeviceLeslie Benet; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Geography of Amputations Among African AmericansMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Substrate requirements of the bile acid transporterJAMES POLLI; Fiscal Year: 2009..This systematic and progressive approach will serve as a prototypical method to elucidate the substrate requirements of other solute carrier (SLC) proteins. ..
- Osteoporosis Prevention in Early Stage Breast CancerDawn Hershman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Multilevel Model of Breast Cancer Follow-up CareMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Radiation Therapy in Older Breast Cancer PatientsMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2002..are less likely than their urban counterparts to receive radiation therapy (XRT) following conservative surgery (BCS) for stage I-II breast cancer. XRT is recommended by the NIH for these women, but rural elderly women are 1...
- ACYLCOA FORMATION--COVALENT BINDING, PHARMACOKINETICSLeslie Benet; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Gis, multilevel modeling and breast cancer screeningMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2002..Few studies focusing on breast cancer screening have taken this approach, which we, and others feel is warranted. ..
- GIS and Breast Cancer Screening in Saint LouisMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..