Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ZNF469
Description: zinc finger protein 469
Alias: BCS, BCS1
Publications258 found, 100 shown here
- Population-based meta-analysis in Caucasians confirms association with COL5A1 and ZNF469 but not COL8A2 with central corneal thicknessRene Hoehn
Department of Ophthalmology, University Medical Center Mainz, Langenbeckstr 1, 55131 Mainz, Germany
Hum Genet 131:1783-93. 2012..On chromosome 16q24, the locus is located in an intergenic region near the ZNF469 gene (top SNP: rs9938149, P = 1.45 × 10(-12))...
- Brittle cornea syndrome associated with a missense mutation in the zinc-finger 469 geneAnne E Christensen
Center for Medical Genetics and Molecular Medicine, Haukeland University Hospital, Bergen, Norway
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 51:47-52. 2010To investigate the diverse clinical manifestations, identify the causative mutation and explain the association with red hair in a family with brittle cornea syndrome (BCS).
- Deleterious mutations in the Zinc-Finger 469 gene cause brittle cornea syndromeAlmogit Abu
Danek Gertner Institute of Human Genetics, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Am J Hum Genet 82:1217-22. 2008..We have identified two frameshift mutations in the Zinc-Finger 469 gene (ZNF469)...
- Common genetic variants near the Brittle Cornea Syndrome locus ZNF469 influence the blinding disease risk factor central corneal thicknessYi Lu
Genetics and Population Health, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia
PLoS Genet 6:e1000947. 2010..95x10(-11). The nearest gene to the associated chromosome 16 SNPs was ZNF469, a locus recently implicated in Brittle Cornea Syndrome (BCS), a very rare disorder characterized by abnormal thin ..
- Mutations in PRDM5 in brittle cornea syndrome identify a pathway regulating extracellular matrix development and maintenanceEmma M M Burkitt Wright
Genetic Medicine Research Group, Manchester Biomedical Research Centre, Manchester Academic Health Sciences Centre, University of Manchester and Central Manchester Foundation Trust, St Mary s Hospital, Manchester M13 9WL, UK
Am J Hum Genet 88:767-77. 2011..b>ZNF469, encoding a zinc finger protein of hitherto undefined function, has been identified as a quantitative trait locus ..
- Identification of a novel ZNF469 mutation in a large family with Ehlers-Danlos phenotypeMohammed Al-Owain
Department of Medical Genetics, King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Gene 511:447-50. 2012..BCS-1 and BCS-2 are caused by recessive mutations in ZNF469 and PRDM5, respectively. Both genes play a role in the regulatory pathway of corneal development and maintenance...
- Breast cancer outcomes among older women: HMO, fee-for-service, and delivery system comparisonsA Lee-Feldstein
Center for Health Policy and Research, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Calif 92697-5800, USA
J Gen Intern Med 16:189-99. 2001..50; 95% CI, 0.31 to 0.82). Use of breast-conserving surgery plus radiation (BCS+) varied significantly by hospital type (including HMO-owned and various-sized community hospitals) and time...
- Copper chelation-induced reduction of the biological activity of S-nitrosothiolsM P Gordge
Institute of Urology, University College London
Br J Pharmacol 114:1083-9. 1995..and S-nitrosoglutathione (GSNO) was investigated, using the specific copper chelator bathocuproine sulphonate (BCS), and human washed platelets as target cells. 2...
- [Clinical manifestation and patho-typing of biliary cast syndrome in patients after orthotopic liver transplantation]Xiao Dan Zhu
Institute of Liver Transplantation, General Hospital of Chinese Armed Police Forces, Beijing 100039, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 46:728-32. 2008To summarize the Patho-typing and the clinical manifestation of biliary cast syndrome (BCS) in patients after orthotopic liver transplantation.
- 172 reuse of autoclaved intravaginal progesterone device to estrous synchronization in toggenburg goats in the breeding seasonJ M G Souza
Federal University of Vicosa, Vicosa, MG, Brazil
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:188. 2011..9±9.8kg and 3.4±0.3) goats were assigned according to weight and body condition score (BCS, 1 to 5 scale) into 3 treatments. Animals received new devices (n=25; 48.2±11.5kg and BCS 3.4±0.3) containing 0...
- Radical surgery for Budd-Chiari syndrome through exposure of the entire inferior vena cava of the hepatic segmentXiao Ming Zhang
Department of Vascular Surgery, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:626-9. 2007Several kinds of radical surgery for the treatment of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) have been devised...
- Local treatment of hemorrhoidal disease and perianal eczema. Meta-analysis of the efficacy and safety of an Escherichia coli culture suspension alone or in combination with hydrocortisoneVolker Wienert
University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
Arzneimittelforschung 52:515-23. 2002..available clinical data on the efficacy and safety of ointments containing either a bacterial culture suspension (BCS) from Escherichia coli or a combination of BCS with hydrocortisone (CAS 50-23-7) (BCS: Posterisan, and BCS + HC: ..
- Interaction of calf suckling, use of oxytocin and milk yield with reproductive performance of dairy buffaloesMuhammad Subhan Qureshi
Faculty of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, NWFP Agricultural University, Peshawar 25120, Pakistan
Anim Reprod Sci 106:380-92. 2008..Data on milk yield, body condition score (BCS) and reproductive parameters were recorded weekly...
- A 27-year experience with surgical treatment of Budd-Chiari syndromeM J Orloff
Department of Surgery, University of California San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, California 92103 8999, USA
Ann Surg 232:340-52. 2000To determine the effects of surgical portal decompression in Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) on survival, quality of life, shunt patency, liver function, portal hemodynamics, and hepatic morphology during periods ranging from 3.5 to 27 years.
- Patterns of care analysis among women with ductal carcinoma in situ in North CarolinaLeRon C Jackson
Department of Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Am J Surg 195:164-9. 2008..Further study goals included the identification of predictors of breast-conserving surgery (BCS), adjuvant radiation, and/or hormonal therapy, as well as breast reconstruction after mastectomy.
- Radiological and pathological size estimations of pure ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast, specimen handling and the influence on the success of breast conservation surgery: a review of 2564 cases from the Sloane ProjectJ Thomas
Pathology Department, Western General Hospital and Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Unit, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Br J Cancer 102:285-93. 2010..We have correlated these sizes with histological grade, specimen-handling methods, particularly the use of specimen slice radiographs, and the success or failure of breast-conserving surgery (BCS).
- Influence of body condition score on by-product yield and value from cull beef cowsJ K Apple
Department of Animal Science, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 72701, USA
J Anim Sci 77:2670-9. 1999..representing British and Continental phenotypes were slaughtered to measure the influence of body condition score (BCS) on by-product yield and value...
- Analysis of heterocyclic amines and beta-carbolines by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry in cooked meats commonly consumed in KoreaY M Back
Department of Food Science and Technology, Dongguk University, Seoul 100 715, South Korea
Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess 26:298-305. 2009..In this study, 13 HAs and 2 beta-carbolines (BCs) were analyzed in cooked Korean meat products, including griddled bacon, griddled pork loin, boiled pork loin, ..
- Copper redox-dependent activation of 2-tert-butyl(1,4)hydroquinone: formation of reactive oxygen species and induction of oxidative DNA damage in isolated DNA and cultured rat hepatocytesYunbo Li
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions, St Albert Hall, St John s University, Jamaica, NY 11439, USA
Mutat Res 518:123-33. 2002..of O(2) and the generation of H(2)O(2) and TBQ could be completely blocked by bathocuproinedisulfonic acid (BCS) and reduced glutathione (GSH), two Cu(I)-chelators...
- [Budd-Chiari syndrome and TIPS--twelve years' experience]V Safka
Ustav fyziologie LF UK, Hradec Kralove
Cas Lek Cesk 144:38-42. 2005Massive thrombosis of hepatic veins is clinically the most serious type of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS). Ischemic impairment is the basic problem in case of acute or fulminate course of BCS...
- Effects of postpartum dietary fat and body condition score at parturition on plasma, adipose tissue, and milk fatty acid composition of lactating beef cowsS L Lake
Department of Animal Science, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY 82071 3684, USA
J Anim Sci 85:717-30. 2007..conducted with lactating Angus x Gelbvieh beef cows to determine the effects of postpartum lipid supplementation, BCS at parturition, and day of lactation on fatty acid profiles in plasma, adipose tissue, and milk. In Exp...
- Body condition change ante- and postpartum, health and reproductive performance in German Holstein cowsM Hoedemaker
Production Medicine Unit, Clinic for Cattle, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Bischofsholer Damm 15, Hannover, Germany
Reprod Domest Anim 44:167-73. 2009The effects of body condition score (BCS) change and status ante- and postpartum (pp) on health and reproductive performance in 234 German Holstein cows from eight dairy farms were evaluated...
- Secretion of IGF-1 by ovine granulosa cells: effects of growth hormone and follicle stimulating hormoneM Khalid
Department of Farm Animal and Equine Medicine, The Royal Veterinary College, University of London, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Harfield, Hertfordshire AL9 7TA, UK
Anim Reprod Sci 58:261-72. 2000..In the first set of experiments, cells were incubated in the presence of bovine calf serum (BCS) (2.5%) for the initial 48 h of culture...
- Genetic relationships between body condition score and reproduction traits in Canadian Holstein and Ayrshire first-parity cowsC Bastin
University of Liege, Gembloux Agro Bio Tech, Animal Science Unit, B 5030 Gembloux, Belgium
J Dairy Sci 93:2215-28. 2010The objective of this study was to investigate the genetic relationship between body condition score (BCS) and reproduction traits for first-parity Canadian Ayrshire and Holstein cows...
- Histopathologic classification of breast cancer in Sweden and Italy: a comparison between two pathologistsD Palli
Epidemiology Unit, Florence, Italy
Tumori 78:247-9. 1992..Overall, comparison of diagnoses of 372 BCs according to a simplified WHO histologic classification system (in four combined categories) revealed agreement for ..
- Physicochemical profiling (solubility, permeability and charge state)A Avdeef
pION INC, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Curr Top Med Chem 1:277-351. 2001..Poor solubility and poor permeability account for many PK failures. FDA's Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS) is an attempt to rationalize the critical components related to oral absorption...
- Effects of plane of nutrition and selenium supply during gestation on ewe and neonatal offspring performance, body composition, and serum seleniumA M Meyer
Department of Animal Sciences, North Dakota State University, Center for Nutrition and Pregnancy, Fargo 58108, USA
J Anim Sci 88:1786-800. 2010..From d 95 of gestation through parturition and d 20 of lactation, ewe BW and BCS were least (P <or= 0...
- [Local relapse in young (< or = 40 years) women with breast cancer after mastectomy or breast conserving surgery: 15-year results]Janos Fodor
Országos Onkológiai Intézet, 1122 Budapest, Ráth Gyorgy
Magy Onkol 49:203, 205-8. 2005Data from various sources indicate that after breast conserving surgery (BCS), younger patients have a high risk of local relapse, but there is insufficient evidence about the risk of post-mastectomy local recurrence...
- The use of drug metabolism for prediction of intestinal permeability (dagger)Mei Ling Chen
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, MD 20993, USA
Mol Pharm 6:74-81. 2009The Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS), based on the aqueous solubility and intestinal permeability of a drug substance, has been widely used to predict the extent of drug absorption during the course of pharmaceutical ..
- Access to multidisciplinary cancer care: is it linked to the use of breast-conserving surgery with radiation for early-stage breast carcinoma?Laura Mae Baldwin
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 4696, USA
Cancer 100:701-9. 2004Breast-conserving surgery (BCS) with radiation (BCSR) requires a multidisciplinary care approach between surgeons and radiation oncologists.
- High levels of soluble Major Histocompatibility Complex class I related chain A (MICA) are associated with biliary cast syndrome after liver transplantationYizhou Zou
Department of Immunology, Xiang Ya School of Medicine, Central South University, Hunan, China
Transpl Immunol 21:210-4. 2009The biliary cast syndrome (BCS) is a frequent problem following liver transplantation. The pathogenesis of this complication is not well understood...
- Glutamate supply positively affects serum release of triiodothyronine and insulin across time without increases of glucose during the onset of puberty in female goatsC A Meza-Herrera
Universidad Autónoma Chapingo Unidad Regional Universitaria de Zonas Áridas A P No 8, Bermejillo, Durango 35230, Mexico
Anim Reprod Sci 125:74-80. 2011..52±1.04 kg LW, 3.4±0.12 body condition score [BCS], receiving an intravenous infusion of 7 mg kg(-1) live weight [LW] of l-glutamate, twice a week, and (ii) control ..
- Haemolytic activities and adjuvant effect of Bupleurum chinense saponins on the immune responses to ovalbumin in miceHong Xiang Sun
College of Animal Sciences, Zhejiang University, Kaixuan Road 268, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310029, China
Vaccine 24:1324-31. 2006In this study, the haemolytic activities of Bupleurum chinense saponins (BCS) and its adjuvant potentials on the immune responses of ICR mice against ovalbumin (OVA) were evaluated...
- Prepartum dietary management of energy intake affects postpartum intake and lactation performance by primiparous and multiparous Holstein cowsN A Janovick
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:3086-102. 2010..and primiparous cows assigned to OVR gained body condition during the dry period [initial body condition score (BCS)=3.3], but were not overconditioned by parturition (BCS=3.5)...
- Modified transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt in the treatment of Budd-Chiari syndromeX Wu
Research Institute of General Surgery, School of Medicine, Nanjing University, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China
Int J Clin Pract 64:460-4. 2010The aim of this study was to determine the outcome of a modified transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (MTIPS) in the treatment of the Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS, occlusion of the hepatic veins).
- Understanding the breast cancer experience of women: a qualitative study of African American, Asian American, Latina and Caucasian cancer survivorsKimlin Tam Ashing-Giwa
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Psychooncology 13:408-28. 2004..We conducted a qualitative study with breast cancer survivors (BCS) of various ethnicities...
- Breast-conserving surgery using projection and reproduction techniques of surgical-position breast MRI in patients with ductal carcinoma in situ of the breastMasahiro Sakakibara
Department of General Surgery, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chuoku, Chiba, Japan
J Am Coll Surg 207:62-8. 2008In this study, we report a breast-conserving surgery (BCS) approach that uses projection and reproduction techniques of breast MRI obtained in the surgical position to the breast surface in patients with ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) ..
- A first look at variations in use of breast conserving surgery at five teaching hospitals in JapanTatsuro Ishizaki
Department of Healthcare Economics and Quality Management, School of Public Health, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Int J Qual Health Care 14:411-8. 2002We assessed variations in the use of breast conserving surgery (BCS) for operable breast cancer paticnts among hospitals in Japan, and then compared the length of stay (LOS) and total charges during hospitalization between patients who ..
- The effects of metabolizable energy intake on body fat depots of adult Pelibuey ewes fed roughage diets under tropical conditionsA J Chay-Canul
Facultad de Medicina Veterinaria y Zootecnia, Universidad Autonoma de Yucatan, Carr Mérida Xmatkuil km 15 5, Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
Trop Anim Health Prod 43:929-36. 2011..Eighteen 3-year-old Pelibuey ewes with similar body weight (BW) of 37.6 ± 4.0 kg and body condition score (BCS) of 2.5 ± 0.20 were randomly assigned to three groups of six ewes each in a completely randomized design...
- The suitability of an in situ perfusion model for permeability determinations: utility for BCS class I biowaiver requestsJae Seung Kim
TSRL, Inc, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108, USA
Mol Pharm 3:686-94. 2006..studies for immediate release (IR) solid oral dosage forms based on the Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS)...
- Stage at diagnosis and treatment patterns among older women with breast cancer: an HMO and fee-for-service comparisonG F Riley
Health Care Financing Administration, Baltimore, MD 21244, USA
JAMA 281:720-6. 1999..Few studies have compared patterns of care in health maintenance organization (HMO) and fee-for-service (FFS) settings...
- Biopharmaceutics classification system: validation and learnings of an in vitro permeability assayVictoria E Thiel-Demby
GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Mol Pharm 6:11-8. 2009The Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS) is the scientific basis for classifying drugs based on their aqueous solubility and intestinal permeability that supports in vivo bioavailability and bioequivalence waivers for immediate-..
- Feasibility and midterm outcomes of percutaneous transhepatic balloon angioplasty for symptomatic Budd-Chiari syndrome secondary to hepatic venous obstructionTianxiao Li
Department of Interventional Radiology, People s Hospital of Henan Province, Zhengzhou, Henan, Peoples Republic of China
J Vasc Surg 50:1079-84. 2009This study evaluated the feasibility and outcomes of percutaneous transhepatic balloon angioplasty (PTBA) of the hepatic vein in the management of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) secondary to hepatic venous outflow obstruction.
- [Mesoatrial shunt in Budd-Chiari syndrome]Darko Mirkovic
Klinika za abdominalnu i endokrinu hirurgiju, Beograd, Srbija
Vojnosanit Pregl 66:69-73. 2009Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) represents partial or total occlusion of the hepatic veins with or without simultaneous obstruction of vena cava inferior (VCI)...
- Effect of weaning date (normal vs. late) on performance of young and mature beef cows and their progeny in a fall calving system in the Southern Great PlainsM D Hudson
Department of Animal Science, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, USA
J Anim Sci 88:1577-87. 2010..Mature cows were heavier (P < 0.01) than young cows throughout the trial, although BCS was similar (P >or= 0.10) among cow age classes. Cow BW (P = 0.58) and BCS (P = 0...
- Storage time and eggshell colour of pheasant eggs vs. the number of blastodermal cells and hatchability resultsRadosław Kozuszek
Department of Poultry Science, Poznan University of Life Sciences, Witosa 45, 61 693 Poznań, Poland
Folia Biol (Krakow) 57:121-30. 2009..dark-brown and olive eggs were characterised by a similar and significantly higher (by about 48%) number of embryo BCs in comparison with light-brown and blue eggs...
- Effects of late gestation supplementation of rumen undegradable protein, vitamin E, zinc, and chlortetracycline to ewes on indices of immune transfer and productivityR R Redden
Department of Animal and Range Sciences, Montana State University, Bozeman 59717, USA
J Anim Sci 88:1125-34. 2010..Ewes of different age (Exp. 1; 3- vs. 6-yr-old; n = 52) and BCS (Exp. 2; good vs. poor BCS; 3.0 and 1.7 +/- 0...
- Genetics of body condition score in New Zealand dairy cowsJ E Pryce
Livestock Improvement Corporation Ltd, Private Bag 3016, Hamilton, New Zealand
J Dairy Sci 89:4424-32. 2006Body condition score (BCS) data were collected on 169,661 first-parity cows from herds participating in progeny testing schemes and linear type assessment...
- Milk production of dairy cows fed wet corn gluten feed during the dry period and lactationP J Kononoff
Department of Animal Science, University of Nebraska, Lincoln 68583 0908, USA
J Dairy Sci 89:2608-17. 2006..of feeding wet corn gluten feed (WCGF) on 305-d milk production, dry matter (DM) intake, body condition score (BCS), and health...
- Relationships among inflammatory cytokines, obesity, and insulin sensitivity in the horseM M Vick
Department of Veterinary Science, Maxwell Gluck Equine Research Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40546, USA
J Anim Sci 85:1144-55. 2007..Age was recorded and BCS and percent body fat (% FAT) were determined as measures of obesity in 60 mares...
- Effects of body condition score and score change on the reproductive performance of dairy cows: a meta-analysisF Lopez-Gatius
Department of Animal Production, University of Lleida, Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingeniería Agraria, Avda Alcalde Rovira Roure 177, 25198 Lleida, Spain
Theriogenology 59:801-12. 2003A meta-analysis was conducted to evaluate the effects of body condition score (BCS) at parturition and at first AI, and of body condition change during the early lactation period on the variables pregnancy rate at first AI and number of ..
- Patterns of initial management of node-negative breast cancer in two Canadian provinces. British Columbia/Ontario Working GroupV Goel
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biostatistics, University of Toronto
CMAJ 156:25-35. 1997..To describe the patterns of initial management of node-negative breast cancer in Ontario and British Columbia and to compare the characteristics of the patients and tumours and of the physicians and hospitals involved in management...
- Preliminary evaluation of magnetic resonance fresh blood imaging for diagnosis of Budd-Chiari syndromeKe Ren
Department of Radiology, First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:95-9. 2007Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) is a rare disease with portal hypertension caused by the blockage of the hepatic vein and/or the inferior vena cava (IVC)...
- Heritability of gross feed efficiency and associations with yield, intake, residual intake, body weight, and body condition score in 11 commercial Pennsylvania tie stallsJ E Vallimont
Department of Dairy and Animal Science, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Dairy Sci 94:2108-13. 2011..by regressing daily DMI on daily milk, fat, and protein yields, body weight (BW), daily body condition score (BCS) gain or loss, the interaction between BW and BCS gain or loss, and days in milk (DIM)...
- Associations among patterns in daily body weight, body condition scoring, and reproductive performance in high-producing dairy cowsM van Straten
Hachaklait, Mutual Society for Veterinary Services, Caesarea Industrial Park, Israel
J Dairy Sci 92:4375-85. 2009The objective was to investigate the associations between body condition scores (BCS) and daily body weight (BW) in the first 150 d of lactation (DIM) and reproductive performance in high-producing dairy cows...
- Effects of acclimation to human interaction on performance, temperament, physiological responses, and pregnancy rates of Brahman-crossbred cowsR F Cooke
Oregon State University, Eastern Oregon Agricultural Research Center, Burns 97720, USA
J Anim Sci 87:4125-32. 2009..Approximately 45 d after weaning (August 2006) in yr 1, cows were evaluated for BW, BCS, and temperament (chute score, pen score, and exit velocity), stratified by these measurements in addition to breed ..
- Effects of nutritional support on hospital outcome in dogs and catsMarcio A Brunetto
Department of Veterinary Clinic and Surgery, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Jaboticabal, SP, Brazil
J Vet Emerg Crit Care (San Antonio) 20:224-31. 2010..the effects of assisted nutritional support on hospital outcome in dogs and cats, and the relationship between hospital outcome and energy intake, body condition score (BCS), physical status score, and type of nutritional support used.
- The fraction dose absorbed, in humans, and high jejunal human permeability relationshipArik Dahan
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
Mol Pharm 9:1847-51. 2012..a compound with high jejunal P(eff) will have high F(abs), eliminating the risk for misclassification as a BCS class I drug...
- Statistics on BCS classification of generic drug products approved between 2000 and 2011 in the USAAnil K Nair
Office of Generic Drugs, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, US Food and Drug Administration, 7520 Standish Place, Rockville, Maryland 20855, USA
AAPS J 14:664-6. 2012The Biopharmaceutics Classification system (BCS) classifies drug substances based on aqueous solubility and intestinal permeability...
- The integrity of sperm chromatin in young tropical composite bullsM R S Fortes
Cooperative Research Centre for Beef Genetic Technologies, CJ Hawkins Homestead, University of New England, Armidale, New South Wales 2351, Australia
Theriogenology 78:326-33, 333.e1-4. 2012..Traits measured included liveweight (WT), body condition score (BCS) and scrotal circumference (SC)...
- Effects of body condition score in cows peripartum on the onset of postpartum ovarian cyclicity and conception rates after ovulation synchronization/fixed-time artificial inseminationKyoji Yamada
Department of Animal Science, Graduate School for International Development and Cooperation, Hiroshima University, Higashi Hiroshima 739 8529, Japan
J Reprod Dev 49:381-8. 2003..6%. The conception rates of cows with a body condition score (BCS) of 2.75-3...
- Cognitive limitations associated with tamoxifen and aromatase inhibitors in employed breast cancer survivorsLynn M Breckenridge
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD, USA
Psychooncology 21:43-53. 2012Previous research has suggested that endocrine therapy is associated with cognitive limitations in breast cancer survivors (BCS); this study examined the relationship in employed BCS, an average of three years post-primary treatment.
- Oppositional defiant disorder-gender differences in co-occurring symptoms of mental health problems in a general population of childrenLinda Helen Munkvold
Faculty of Psychology, University of Bergen, Bergen, Norway
J Abnorm Child Psychol 39:577-87. 2011..We collected data from 7,007 children (aged 7-9) who participated in the Bergen Child Study (BCS), an ongoing population-based study of children's development and mental health...
- Prognostic significance of cytoplasmic SOX9 in invasive ductal carcinoma and metastatic breast cancerGeetika Chakravarty
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine, TUHSC, Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, USA
Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 236:145-55. 2011..breast cancer, its expression and subcellular localization were analyzed in more than 200 human breast carcinomas (BCs)...
- Supplementation of dried distillers grains with solubles to beef cows consuming low-quality forage during late gestation and early lactationS J Winterholler
Department of Animal Science, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK, USA
J Anim Sci 90:2014-25. 2012..1 initial BCS) consuming low-quality forage during late gestation and early lactation...
- Development of highly sensitive extractive spectrophotometric determination of nickel(II) in medicinal leaves, soil, industrial effluents and standard alloy samples using pyridoxal-4-phenyl-3-thiosemicarbazoneLoka Subramanyam Sarma
Department of Chemical Engineering, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taipei, Taiwan
J Trace Elem Med Biol 22:285-95. 2008..Various standard and certified reference materials (CM 247 LC, IN 718, BCS 233, 266, 253 and 251) have also been tested for the determination of nickel for the purpose of validation of the ..
- Very rapid dissolution is not needed to guarantee bioequivalence for biopharmaceutics classification system (BCS) I drugsH Kortejärvi
Research and Development, Orion Pharma, Espoo, Finland
J Pharm Sci 99:621-5. 2010..authorities accept rapidly dissolving (>85% dissolved in 30 min) biopharmaceutics classification system (BCS) I drug products for biowaiver candidates...
- OFF bipolar cells express distinct types of dendritic glutamate receptors in the mouse retinaC Puller
Department of Neuroanatomy, Max Planck Institute for Brain Research, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Neuroscience 243:136-48. 2013..hyperpolarize in response to light, forward the visual signal onto distinct types of ON and OFF cone bipolar cells (BCs)...
- Influences of diet during gestation on potential postpartum reproductive performance and milk production of beef heifersT M Sullivan
School of Veterinary Science, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Queensland, Australia
Theriogenology 72:1202-14. 2009..01). Milk production was negatively associated with dam body condition score (BCS; P=0.01), nonesterified fatty acids (P=0.001), and leptin (P=0.02) and positively associated with urea (P<0...
- Differing roles for TCF4 and COL8A2 in central corneal thickness and fuchs endothelial corneal dystrophyRobert P Igo
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e46742. 2012..previously associated with FECD (PITX2, ZEB1, SLC4A11), and genes only known to affect CCT (COL5A1, FOXO1, AVGR8, ZNF469) were also interrogated...
- Metabolic changes in dairy cows induced by oral, low-dose interferon-alpha treatmentE Trevisi
Istituto di Zootecnica, Facolta di Agraria, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, 29122 Piacenza, Italy
J Anim Sci 87:3020-9. 2009..All cows were monitored, during the month before and after calving, for health status, BCS, milk yield, and inflammatory, metabolic, immune, and hematological variables...
- Association of mammographic density with the proliferation marker Ki-67 in a cohort of patients with invasive breast cancerKatharina Heusinger
Department of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Breast Center for Franconia, Erlangen University Hospital, Friedrich Alexander University of Erlangen Nuremberg, Erlangen, Germany
Breast Cancer Res Treat 135:885-92. 2012..The aim of this study was to analyze the association between Ki-67 expression in BCs and MD...
- Neoadjuvant chemotherapy in invasive lobular carcinoma may not improve rates of breast conservationJudy C Boughey
Department of Surgical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 16:1606-11. 2009..This study was intended to evaluate the impact of neoadjuvant chemotherapy in ILC on breast-conserving surgery (BCS) rates.
- Plasma constituent integrity in pre-storage vs. post-storage riboflavin and UV-light treatment--a comparative studyBela Balint
Institute for Medical Research, University of Belgrade, Serbia Institute for Transfusiology and Hemobiology of MMA, Belgrade, Serbia Faculty of Medicine of MMA, University of Defense, Serbia Electronic address
Transfus Apher Sci 49:434-9. 2013..Procoagulant and inhibitor factors, such as antithrombin-III (AT-III), and protein C (PC) were determined by BCS XP Coagulation system (Siemens, Germany)...
- Costs of treatment for elderly women with early-stage breast cancer in fee-for-service settingsJoan L Warren
Applied Research Program, National Cancer Institute, Executive Plaza North, Rm 4005, 6130 Executive Blvd, Bethesda, MD 20892 7344, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:307-16. 2002..population-based estimates of the treatment costs for elderly women with early-stage breast cancer, with emphasis on costs of modified radical mastectomy (MRM) compared with breast-conserving surgery (BCS) and radiation therapy (RT).
- Improving breast cancer surgery: a classification and quadrant per quadrant atlas for oncoplastic surgeryKrishna B Clough
Department of Surgery, The Paris Breast Center, L institut du Sein, Paris, France
Ann Surg Oncol 17:1375-91. 2010Oncoplastic surgery (OPS) has emerged as a new approach for extending breast conserving surgery (BCS) possibilities, reducing both mastectomy and re-excision rates, while avoiding breast deformities...
- Communication, coping, and quality of life of breast cancer survivors and family/friend dyads: a pilot study of Chinese-Americans and Korean-AmericansJung won Lim
College of Social Welfare, Kangnam University, Korea
Psychooncology 23:1243-51. 2014This study aimed to understand the dyadic relationships between family communication and quality of life (QOL) and between coping and QOL in Chinese-American and Korean-American breast cancer survivor (BCS)-family member dyads.
- Hypofractionated radiotherapy for breast cancers--preliminary results from a tertiary care center in eastern IndiaMoujhuri Nandi
Radiation Oncology, Senior Registrar, Apollo Gleneagles Hospital Limited, Kolkata, India E mail
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 15:2505-10. 2014..over 5 weeks to the chest wall or whole breast followed by tumour bed boost in case of breast conservation (BCS). A body of validated data exists regarding hypofractionation in breast cancer...
- In vitro solubility, dissolution and permeability studies combined with semi-mechanistic modeling to investigate the intestinal absorption of desvenlafaxine from an immediate- and extended release formulationF Franek
Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Universitetsparken 2, Copenhagen, Denmark
Eur J Pharm Sci 77:303-13. 2015Desvenlafaxine is a biopharmaceutics classification system (BCS) class 1 (high solubility, high permeability) and biopharmaceutical drug disposition classification system (BDDCS) class 3, (high solubility, poor metabolism; implying low ..
- Are T cells at the origin of B cell lymphomas?Michael E Meyer-Hermann
Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies FIAS, Max von Laue Str 1, 60438 Frankfurt Main, Germany
J Theor Biol 244:656-69. 2007Lymphoma pathogenesis is at least in some cases related to transformed B cells (BCs) arising from germinal centre reactions (GCRs). In this article possible deregulations of GCRs are investigated using in silico simulations...
- [The dynamics of psychosocial burden development in breast cancer survivors: clinical success with psychosocial consequences]V Bencova
I onkologická klinika Lekárskej fakulty UK a Onkologického ustavu sv Alzbety, Bratislava, Slovenska republika
Klin Onkol 24:203-8. 2011Modified radical mastectomy (MRM) and breast-conserving surgery (lumpectomy, quadrantectomy - BCS) have shown equivalent clinical outcome in early stage breast cancer...
- Effects of an energy-dense diet and nicotinic acid supplementation on production and metabolic variables of primiparous or multiparous cows in periparturient periodReka Tienken
a Institute of Animal Nutrition, Friedrich Loeffler Institute FLI, Federal Research Institute for Animal Health, Brunswick, Germany
Arch Anim Nutr 69:319-39. 2015..Especially dairy cows with high body condition score (BCS) and fed an energy-dense diet were prone to develop production diseases due to metabolic disturbances postpartum...
- HER2/neu may not be an interesting target in biliary cancers: results of an early phase II study with lapatinibJoshua Peck
The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center, James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute, Columbus, Ohio, USA
Oncology 82:175-9. 2012Biliary cancers (BCs) respond poorly to chemotherapy. Lapatinib is a dual inhibitor of epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) and HER2/neu, both implicated in cholangiocarcinogenesis...
- Local recurrence after breast-conserving surgery: multivariable analysis of risk factors and the impact of young ageRandy C Miles
Mayo Medical School, Department of Surgery, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 19:1153-9. 2012Local recurrence (LR) after breast conservation surgery (BCS) varies with risk factors. This study was designed to evaluate the impact of young age on LR.
- Tuning solubility and stability of hydrochlorothiazide co-crystalsPalash Sanphui
Solid State and Structural Chemistry Unit, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore 560012, India
Acta Crystallogr B Struct Sci Cryst Eng Mater 70:81-90. 2014Hydrochlorothiazide (HCT), C7H8ClN3O4S2, is a diuretic BCS (Biopharmaceutics Classification System) class IV drug which has primary and secondary sulfonamide groups...
- Mesocavoatrial shunt for Budd-Chiari syndrome: a case report with long-term follow-upCheng Chao Zhang
Department of Vascular Surgery, Xuanwu Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Ann Vasc Surg 26:277.e11-4. 2012A case of mesocavoatrial shunting for the treatment of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) with long-term follow-up is reported.
- Development of optimized self-nano-emulsifying drug delivery systems (SNEDDS) of carvedilol with enhanced bioavailability potentialBhupinder Singh
University Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences UGC Centre of Advanced Studies, Panjab University, Chandigarh 160014, India
Drug Deliv 18:599-612. 2011..Thus, the present studies ratified the potential of SNEDDS in augmenting the oral bioavailability of BCS class II drugs.
- Effect of rotation frequency and weaning date on forage measurements and growth performance by cows and calves grazing endophyte-infected tall fescue pastures overseeded with crabgrass and legumesK P Coffey
Department of Animal Science, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, AR 72701, USA
J Anim Sci 83:2684-95. 2005..3 units higher (P < 0.05) BCS at the time of breeding than 2W cows. Calves weaned late had greater (P < 0...
- Effect of travel distance and time to radiotherapy on likelihood of receiving mastectomySharad Goyal
Department of Radiation Oncology, Rutgers Robert Wood Johnson Medical School, New Brunswick, NJ, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 22:1095-101. 2015Breast-conserving surgery (BCS) followed by adjuvant radiation therapy (RT) is the standard of care for women with early-stage breast cancer as an alternative to mastectomy...
- In vitro and in vivo characterization of amorphous, nanocrystalline, and crystalline ziprasidone formulationsAvinash G Thombre
Pharmaceutical R and D, Worldwide Research and Development, Pfizer Inc, Eastern Point Road, Groton, CT 06340, USA
Int J Pharm 428:8-17. 2012..It is a BCS Class II drug that shows up to a 2-fold increase in absorption in the presence of food...
- Body fatness affects feed intake of sheep at a given body weightB J Tolkamp
Animal Nutrition and Health Department, SAC, West Mains Road, Edinburgh EH9 3JG, UK
J Anim Sci 84:1778-89. 2006In a 1-yr experiment, nutritional treatments were used to produce different combinations of BW and BCS in lambs. The experiment served to quantify the effects of BW and BCS on ADFI by sheep...
- Budd-Chiari syndrome and portal vein thrombosis associated with myeloproliferative disorders: diagnosis and managementJean B Brière
Hematology Unit Beaujon Hospital, Clichy, France
Semin Thromb Hemost 32:208-18. 2006The improvement observed in the prognosis of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) since 1985 may be related to a better identification of underlying prothrombotic states...
- Ovarian follicle diameter at timed insemination and estrous response influence likelihood of ovulation and pregnancy after estrous synchronization with progesterone or progestin-based protocols in suckled Bos indicus cowsM F Sá Filho
Departamento de Reprodução Animal, FMVZ USP, 05508 270 São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Anim Reprod Sci 120:23-30. 2010..from 10 commercial farms were evaluated to determine the relationships among breed, body condition score (BCS) on the first day of the FTAI protocol, the occurrence of estrus between progesterone device removal and FTAI, and ..
- Breast conserving surgery for multifocal breast cancerWoosung Lim
Department of Surgery, University of Ulsan College of Medicine and Asan Medical Center, Songpa Gu, Seoul, Korea
Ann Surg 249:87-90. 2009The purpose of this study is to examine the oncological safety of breast conserving surgery (BCS) for patients with multifocal breast cancer.
- A proposed food breakdown classification system to predict food behavior during gastric digestionGail M Bornhorst
Dept of Biological and Agricultural Engineering, Univ of California, Davis, 1 Shields Avenue, Davis, CA, 95616, U S A
J Food Sci 80:R924-34. 2015The pharmaceutical industry has implemented the Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS), which is used to classify drug products based on their solubility and intestinal permeability...
- Amorphous solid dispersions and nano-crystal technologies for poorly water-soluble drug deliveryChris Brough
Division of Pharmaceutics, College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, 1 University Station, Campus Mail Code A1902, Austin, TX 78712, United States
Int J Pharm 453:157-66. 2013..developed to increase the solubility, dissolution rate and bioavailability of these active ingredients belonging to BCS II and IV classifications...
- The role of combinational coding by homeodomain and bHLH transcription factors in retinal cell fate specificationJ C C Wang
Department of Anatomy, Downing Site, Cambridge University, Cambridge CB2 3DY, UK
Dev Biol 285:101-15. 2005..were assayed on the six major cell types in the retina: Retinal ganglion cells (GCs), Amacrines (ACs), Bipolars (BCs), Horizontals (HCs), Photoreceptors (PRs), and Muller cells (MCs), creating 288 result categories...
- Predictive value of estrogen receptor status as assessed by ligand-binding assay in patients with early-stage breast cancer treated with breast conserving surgery and radiation therapyH Takei
Division of Breast Surgery, Saitama Cancer Center, Ina machi, Kitaadachi gun, Saitama 362 0806, Japan
Oncol Rep 9:375-8. 2002..to determine which factors are predictive for the prognosis of patients treated with breast conserving surgery (BCS) and radiation therapy (RT) in order to make a decision as to the adjuvant treatment...
- Relationship of oxidative stress in skeletal muscle with obesity and obesity-associated hyperinsulinemia in horsesHeidi E Banse
Department of Physiological Sciences, Center for Veterinary Health Sciences, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma 74078, USA Banse, McFarlane Department of Clinical Sciences, Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine, Tufts University, North Grafton, Massachusetts 01536, USA Frank Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta T2N 4Z6 Kwong
Can J Vet Res 79:329-38. 2015..Thirty-five light breed horses with body condition scores (BCS) of 3/9 to 9/9 were studied, including 7 obese, normoinsulinemic (BCS ≥ 7, resting serum insulin < 30 μIU/mL) ..
- Evidence that intrinsic iron but not intrinsic copper determines S-nitrosocysteine decomposition in buffer solutionAnatoly F Vanin
Institute of Chemical Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences, Kosygin Str 4, Moscow, Russia
Nitric Oxide 7:194-209. 2002..the iron and copper chelators bathophenantroline disulfonic acid (BPDS) and bathocuproine disulfonic acid (BCS) exerted a stabilizing effect on cysNO, prolonged its vasorelaxant effect, and abolished the influence of ascorbate;..
- Short communication: effects of serum obtained from dairy cows with low or high body condition score on in vitro embryo developmentM Oba
Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada T6G 2P5
J Dairy Sci 96:1668-71. 2013..objective of the study was to determine whether the serum obtained from animals differing in body condition score (BCS) affects in vitro embryo development...
- Characterization of HIN1 Putative Tumor SuppressorIan Krop; Fiscal Year: 2003..is highly expressed in normal breast epithelial cells, but lost in >90% of primary pre-invasive and invasive BCs and BC cell lines...
- Erythropoietin and Breast Cancer Stem CellsFrank Pajonk; Fiscal Year: 2013..serum Epo level correlate with high BCSC burden, nodal status and local control after breast-conserving surgery (BCS) and RT...
- A Novel Optical Spectral Imaging System for Rapid Imaging of Breast Tumor MarginsNirmala Ramanujam; Fiscal Year: 2013..Women with operable breast cancer undergo Breast Conserving Surgery (BCS), also called lumpectomy or partial mastectomy...
- MULTILEVEL COMPLIANCE MODEL OF BREAST CANCER TREATMENTSMary Fennell; Fiscal Year: 1999..In brief, recommended primary treatment has been breast conserving surgery (BCS) plus radiation therapy (RT), or modified radical mastectomy...
- Intra-operative specimen tomosynthesis for margin assessment in breast surgeryEMRE TOKER; Fiscal Year: 2009..radiographic margin assessment of surgically excised breast tissue specimens during breast-conserving surgery (BCS)...
- CARE, COSTS AND OUTCOMES OF LOCAL BREAST CANCERJeanne Mandelblatt; Fiscal Year: 1999..treatments for local breast cancer in the elderly: modified radical mastectomy (MRM), breast conserving surgery (BCS) with radiotherapy (RT), and BCS without RT...
- Intraoperative imaging of breast cancer margins using Polarization Subtraction TeSHABBIR BAKIR BAMBOT; Fiscal Year: 2013..innovative, cost effective and easy to use device for visualizing tumor margins during Breast Conservation Surgery (BCS), a method that is used in about 60-70% percent of breast cancer surgeries...
- A Fluorescence Histology System for In Vivo Breast Tumor Margin AssessmentJONATHAN QUINCY BROWN; Fiscal Year: 2012..women with early stage invasive breast cancer and/or carcinoma in situ (CIS) received breast conserving surgery (BCS). BCS involves removal of malignant tissue with a surrounding margin of normal breast tissue...
- TAS::75 0849::TAS SBIR TOPIC 307 PHASE I NOVEL IMAGING AGENTS TO EXPAND THE CLINBRYAN WALSER; Fiscal Year: 2011..The major complication after breast conserving surgery (BCS) is local recurrence of the cancer...
- Influence of Exercise and Adiposity on Biomarkers of Breast Cancer RecurrenceLisa J Wood; Fiscal Year: 2013..Observational studies suggest that if breast cancer survivors (BCS) can become sufficiently physically active and control their weight, prognosis may improve even further...
- Acyclic Cucurbit n uril Molecular Containers for Drug Solubilization and DeliveryLYLE D ISAACS; Fiscal Year: 2013..pharmaceutical industry is that 40-70% of new drug compounds belong to the biopharmaceutics classification system (BCS) class II with such poor aqueous solubility that they cannot be formulated on their own...
- Local Therapy of Breast Cancer in Community PopulationsNancy Keating; Fiscal Year: 2007..conservation offers survival rates equivalent to mastectomy and (b) patients undergoing breast-conserving surgery (BCS) should also receive radiation. These statements are based on clinical trial data; however, only 2...
- Subjective Well-Being Over The Life CourseSTEPHEN JONATHAN MACHIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The British Cohort Study (BCS) and UK National Child Development Study (NCDS) will enable us to estimate these models up to middle age...
- THERAPY OF LYMPHOMA/LEUKEMIA WITH MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIESOliver W Press; Fiscal Year: 2013..extend the approach to patients lacking histocompatibility locus antigen (HLA)-matched donors by investigating 131l-BCS in the setting of haplo-identical transplantation for AML, ALL and MDS (Aim 2) and explore the use of 90Yttrium-BC8,..
- Optical studies of the cone photoreceptor synapseRichard H Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2013The connections between cone photoreceptors and their postsynaptic targets, bipolar and horizontal cells (BCs and HCs), are the first synapses in the visual system...
- The Role of SRC-1 in Breast CancerJianming Xu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Twist is a DNA-binding transcription factor overexpressed in invasive BCs and a master regulator of EMT and BC Meta...
- Anatomical and Functional Properties of Auditory Nerve SynapsesMARIA EULALIA RUBIO; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the cochlear nucleus (CN), AN fibers bifurcate to innervate multiple cell populations, including bushy cells (BCs) in the ventral CN, and fusiform cells (FCs) in the dorsal CN...
- Roles of SRC-3 in Development and DiseaseJianming Xu; Fiscal Year: 2013..While SRC3 is expressed in the basal cells (BCs) but not expressed in the normal exocrine luminal epithelial cells (ELECs), it is overexpressed in the advanced ..
- Multiplex diagnostic for biothreat C. psittaci &non-threat respiratory pathogensRichard F Selden; Fiscal Year: 2013..The NetBio platform consists of a ruggedized, analytic instrument that accepts a biochipset (BCS)-shown in Preliminary Studies to purify genomic DNA from clinical samples, amplify, electrophoretically separate ..
- Determinants and Correlates of Physical Activity in Breast Cancer SurvivorsSIOBHAN MARIE WHITE; Fiscal Year: 2010There are over 2.4 million breast cancer survivors (BCS) in the U.S. accounting for 22% of all cancer survivors . The 5-year survival rate of 88...
- Mechanisms underlying therapeutic effect of a new compound Isorhapontigenin (ISO)Chuanshu Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013..ISO) i a new derivative of stilbene, and isolated from a Chinese herb that has been used in China for treatment of BCs for hundreds of years without understanding of molecular mechanisms...
- Southern Community Cancer Survivorship StudyAnn Marie Flores; Fiscal Year: 2010..breast cancer specific physical and functional limitations and symptoms among AAs, poor and medically underserved BCS. H1...
- Rural Long-Term Cancer Survivors and Contextual Health-related Quality of LifeLELI PEDRO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore breast cancer survivors (BCS) make up 41% of all cancer survivors yet this group remains poorly understood in the rural setting...
- Prevalence, Predictors, and Consequences of Alcohol Use from Childhood to MidlifeJennifer L Maggs; Fiscal Year: 2013..temperamental, cognitive, and family influences on early alcohol use in the MCS and the 1970 British Cohort Study (BCS) with structural equation models;(2) In the BCS and 1958 National Child Development Study (NCDS), examine how ..
- Family Communication in Coping with Ethnic Minority Breast Cancer SurvivorsJung won Lim; Fiscal Year: 2010How breast cancer survivors (BCS) and their families cope with stress experiences and communicate with each other may influence their quality of life outcomes...
- Retinal RemodelingRobert E Marc; Fiscal Year: 2013..gt;12mos of age will receive (1) subretinal injections of Channelrhodopsin2 (ChR2)-AAV targeting bipolar cells (BCs) or AII amacrine cell (ACs). Analyses will follow those established in Aim 1. Signifi- cance...
- SPORE in Genitourinary CancerColin P N Dinney; Fiscal Year: 2013..of urothelial neoplasia, the determination of whether activating mutations and gene amplifications present in BCs drive cancer progression and serve as potential therapeutic targets, the identification of molecular and biological ..
- A Specific Mechanism for Non-Specific InhibitionBrian K Shoichet; Fiscal Year: 2013..In vivo pharmacokinetics. Colloids of several BCS II and IV oral drugs are stable in simulated intestinal fluids...
- Blood Cell-Spheres: Growth, Description, and PotentialAUDREY NADINE JAJOSKY; Fiscal Year: 2013..These advances inspired us to grow "blood cell-spheres" (BCS) using leukemia cells taken from routine patient blood specimens...
- Circuit Assembly in the Vertebrate RetinaRACHEL O WONG; Fiscal Year: 2013..This information is distributed by retinal bipolar cells (BCs) along many anatomically and functionally distinct channels...
- Training Program in the Neurobiology of Learning and MemoryMark F Bear; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): The Brain and Cognitive Sciences (BCS) Graduate Program at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology requests renewal of the training program in the Neurobiology of Learning and Memory (NLM)...
- Glucocorticoid receptor-mediated survival signaling in breast cancerSUZANNE DANIELA CONZEN; Fiscal Year: 2013..studies with long-term clinical follow-up and examined the association between high GR expression in primary BCs and risk of relapse in over 1300 patients...
- Enabling family communication about cancer - Do you know your Kin Facts?John M Quillin; Fiscal Year: 2013..Specific aims: 1. Assess the effect of the Kin Fact program on communication about FH of BCs and CCs. We will investigate race/ethnicity and education as effect modifiers. 2...
- PHYSIOLOGY AND PHARMACOLOGY OF SYNAPSES IN THE RETINASamuel M Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..the detailed cellular and synaptic mechanisms underlying center and surround responses of retinal bipolar cells (BCs)...
- Epigenetic Features of Pregnancy-Associated Breast Cancer in Hispanic WomenMaria Elena Martinez; Fiscal Year: 2013..b>BCs that occur in the post-partum period have more aggressive histopathological features, are more likely to ..
- ROD AND CONE SIGNALING PATHWAYS IN MAMMALIAN RETINASamuel M Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..BC types in the three alphaGC circuitries and to identify possible synaptic contacts between rods/cones and BCs and between BCs and alphaGCs;(2) to determine the relative strengths of rod- and cone-mediated inputs to BCs and ..
- Birmingham Science Education Partnership: Middle School Inquiry-Based LearningJ MICHAEL MICHAEL WYSS; Fiscal Year: 2011..The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB), Birmingham City Schools (BCS)'and McWane Center have forged an effective alliance that has empowered CORD's SEPA-funded high school ..
- Effectiveness Trial of Attention Shaping for SchizophreniaSteven M Silverstein; Fiscal Year: 2010..ASP will be integrated within a standard form of social skills training [UCLA Basic Conversation Skills Module (BCS)], and compared to a BCS-alone condition...
- Integrative Training Progran in VisionEdward H Adelson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences (BCS) has a very broad range of research and teaching in the vision sciences, with particular expertise in visual ..
- METANALYSIS COGNITIVE NEUROIMAGING: METHODS VALIDATIONSPeter Fox; Fiscal Year: 2002..semantics) for the behaviors used and mental operations experimentally mapped, termed the Behavioral Coding Scheme (BCS)...
- CELLULAR DEFECTS IN NOCTURNAL HEMOGLOBINURIARobert Hartmann; Fiscal Year: 1980..The major thrust will concern an extended study of hepatic venous thrombosis (Budd-Chiari syndrome) (BCS) as a frequent, highly lethal complication of PNH...
- Histology-Based Computational Tools for Ultrasonic Differentiation of NeoplasmsTIMOTHY EDWIN DOYLE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Tissue margin assessments during breast conservation surgery (BCS) are one example...
- Outcomes of Omission of Radiation With Lumpectomy (BCS) Among Low-Income WomenRoger Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2007ABSTRACT Title: Outcomes of Omission of Radiation With Lumpectomy (BCS) Among Low-Income Women Background: There is little information describing the patterns of health care and outcomes in financially needy women with breast cancer in ..
- Menkes protein:copper transport in the pituitaryTAMI STEVESON; Fiscal Year: 2002..The copper chelators, bathocuproinedisulfonic acid (BCS) and Disulfiram (Antabuse), will be used to determine if a reduction of copper levels affects the behavior of ..
- Leukocyte Biomarkers for Predicting Human Breast Cancer OutcomesLAURA J VAN 'T VEER; Fiscal Year: 2013..However, the molecular natures of individual leukocyte subtypes associated with developing breast cancers (BCs) are inadequately understood...
- NEUROENDOCRINE PACERS, PEPTIDES, RECEPTORS, ANTIBODIESFelix Strumwasser; Fiscal Year: 1991..2) Determining the structure-activity relationships of the neuropeptide egg-laying hormone (ELH), made by the BCs, by using fragments and modifications of synthetic ELH, in conjunction with behavioral egg-laying assays, ..
- NEW HANOVER BREAST CANCER SCREENING PROGRAMDANA QUADE; Fiscal Year: 1990We propose a comprehensive program to increase and improve breast cancer screening (BCS), including annual clinical breast examination and mammography among women ages 50 to 74 in New Hanover County, NC...
- Role of Cellular Lipoprotein in PrPSen>PrPRes ConversionAbraham Grossman; Fiscal Year: 2004..This model is composed of proteinase K (pK) sensitive PrP (PrPSen) and a high molecular weight component of BCS that, in combination with RNA, generates a pK-resistant form of PrP (PrPRes)...
- BIRMINGHAM SCIENCE EDUCATION PARTNERSHIP (BSEP) PHASE IMary Williams; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract): The University of Alabama at Birmingham, McWane Science Center and the Birmingham City Schools (BCS) propose a highly coordinated program to provide high school science teachers and their students with a laboratory-..
- Breast Tissue ablation by Conductive HeatingGal Shafirstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..At these early stages, breast cancer patients can be treated via breast conservation surgery (BCS)...
- Insomnia Intervention for Breast Cancer SurvivorsDana Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2003..efficacy of non-pharmacological treatment for patients most at need and at risk such as breast cancer survivors (BCS)...
- PHOTON MIGRATION MEASUREMENTS FOR TISSUE DIAGNOSTICSEva Sevick Muraca; Fiscal Year: 1999..pending), and functional/structural spectroscopic imaging on the basis of tissue optical properties (NSF-BCS- 9358254)...
- Molecular pathogenesis of focal cortical dysplasiasPeter B Crino; Fiscal Year: 2010..similar histological features including cells exhibiting cytomegaly and abnormal morphology called balloon cells (BCs)...
- Comparison of Aerobic and Resistance Exercise in Older Breast Cancer SurvivorsKerri Winters Stone; Fiscal Year: 2009..effects of aerobic exercise and resistance exercise for inactive older (aged 65+) breast cancer survivors (BCS) at least two years post- treatment...
- PREDICTORS OF RELAPSE TO SMOKING IN LUNG CANCERMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- Substrate requirements of the bile acid transporterJAMES POLLI; Fiscal Year: 2009..This systematic and progressive approach will serve as a prototypical method to elucidate the substrate requirements of other solute carrier (SLC) proteins. ..
- Gis, multilevel modeling and breast cancer screeningMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2002..Few studies focusing on breast cancer screening have taken this approach, which we, and others feel is warranted. ..
- ACYLCOA FORMATION--COVALENT BINDING, PHARMACOKINETICSLeslie Benet; Fiscal Year: 2002....
- Radiation Therapy in Older Breast Cancer PatientsMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2002..are less likely than their urban counterparts to receive radiation therapy (XRT) following conservative surgery (BCS) for stage I-II breast cancer. XRT is recommended by the NIH for these women, but rural elderly women are 1...
- Transporter-Enzyme Interplay Evaluation via Microfluidiic HTS Cell Culture DeviceLeslie Benet; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Osteoporosis Prevention in Early Stage Breast CancerDawn Hershman; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Geography of Amputations Among African AmericansMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..
- GIS and Breast Cancer Screening in Saint LouisMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- Multilevel Model of Breast Cancer Follow-up CareMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..