Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ZNF469
Description: zinc finger protein 469
Alias: BCS, BCS1
Publications146 found, 100 shown here
- Deleterious mutations in the Zinc-Finger 469 gene cause brittle cornea syndromeAlmogit Abu
Danek Gertner Institute of Human Genetics, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Am J Hum Genet 82:1217-22. 2008..We have identified two frameshift mutations in the Zinc-Finger 469 gene (ZNF469)...
- Breast cancer outcomes among older women: HMO, fee-for-service, and delivery system comparisonsA Lee-Feldstein
Center for Health Policy and Research, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Calif 92697-5800, USA
J Gen Intern Med 16:189-99. 2001..50; 95% CI, 0.31 to 0.82). Use of breast-conserving surgery plus radiation (BCS+) varied significantly by hospital type (including HMO-owned and various-sized community hospitals) and time...
- Copper chelation-induced reduction of the biological activity of S-nitrosothiolsM P Gordge
Institute of Urology, University College London
Br J Pharmacol 114:1083-9. 1995..and S-nitrosoglutathione (GSNO) was investigated, using the specific copper chelator bathocuproine sulphonate (BCS), and human washed platelets as target cells. 2...
- [Clinical manifestation and patho-typing of biliary cast syndrome in patients after orthotopic liver transplantation]Xiao Dan Zhu
Institute of Liver Transplantation, General Hospital of Chinese Armed Police Forces, Beijing 100039, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 46:728-32. 2008To summarize the Patho-typing and the clinical manifestation of biliary cast syndrome (BCS) in patients after orthotopic liver transplantation.
- 172 reuse of autoclaved intravaginal progesterone device to estrous synchronization in toggenburg goats in the breeding seasonJ M G Souza
Federal University of Vicosa, Vicosa, MG, Brazil
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:188. 2011..9±9.8kg and 3.4±0.3) goats were assigned according to weight and body condition score (BCS, 1 to 5 scale) into 3 treatments. Animals received new devices (n=25; 48.2±11.5kg and BCS 3.4±0.3) containing 0...
- Local treatment of hemorrhoidal disease and perianal eczema. Meta-analysis of the efficacy and safety of an Escherichia coli culture suspension alone or in combination with hydrocortisoneVolker Wienert
University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
Arzneimittelforschung 52:515-23. 2002..available clinical data on the efficacy and safety of ointments containing either a bacterial culture suspension (BCS) from Escherichia coli or a combination of BCS with hydrocortisone (CAS 50-23-7) (BCS: Posterisan, and BCS + HC: ..
- Radical surgery for Budd-Chiari syndrome through exposure of the entire inferior vena cava of the hepatic segmentXiao Ming Zhang
Department of Vascular Surgery, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:626-9. 2007Several kinds of radical surgery for the treatment of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) have been devised...
- Interaction of calf suckling, use of oxytocin and milk yield with reproductive performance of dairy buffaloesMuhammad Subhan Qureshi
Faculty of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, NWFP Agricultural University, Peshawar 25120, Pakistan
Anim Reprod Sci 106:380-92. 2008..Data on milk yield, body condition score (BCS) and reproductive parameters were recorded weekly...
- Radiological and pathological size estimations of pure ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast, specimen handling and the influence on the success of breast conservation surgery: a review of 2564 cases from the Sloane ProjectJ Thomas
Pathology Department, Western General Hospital and Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Unit, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Br J Cancer 102:285-93. 2010..We have correlated these sizes with histological grade, specimen-handling methods, particularly the use of specimen slice radiographs, and the success or failure of breast-conserving surgery (BCS).
- Patterns of care analysis among women with ductal carcinoma in situ in North CarolinaLeRon C Jackson
Department of Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Am J Surg 195:164-9. 2008..Further study goals included the identification of predictors of breast-conserving surgery (BCS), adjuvant radiation, and/or hormonal therapy, as well as breast reconstruction after mastectomy.
- Influence of body condition score on by-product yield and value from cull beef cowsJ K Apple
Department of Animal Science, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 72701, USA
J Anim Sci 77:2670-9. 1999..representing British and Continental phenotypes were slaughtered to measure the influence of body condition score (BCS) on by-product yield and value...
- A 27-year experience with surgical treatment of Budd-Chiari syndromeM J Orloff
Department of Surgery, University of California San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, California 92103 8999, USA
Ann Surg 232:340-52. 2000To determine the effects of surgical portal decompression in Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) on survival, quality of life, shunt patency, liver function, portal hemodynamics, and hepatic morphology during periods ranging from 3.5 to 27 years.
- Analysis of heterocyclic amines and beta-carbolines by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry in cooked meats commonly consumed in KoreaY M Back
Department of Food Science and Technology, Dongguk University, Seoul 100 715, South Korea
Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess 26:298-305. 2009..In this study, 13 HAs and 2 beta-carbolines (BCs) were analyzed in cooked Korean meat products, including griddled bacon, griddled pork loin, boiled pork loin, ..
- Copper redox-dependent activation of 2-tert-butyl(1,4)hydroquinone: formation of reactive oxygen species and induction of oxidative DNA damage in isolated DNA and cultured rat hepatocytesYunbo Li
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions, St Albert Hall, St John s University, Jamaica, NY 11439, USA
Mutat Res 518:123-33. 2002..of O(2) and the generation of H(2)O(2) and TBQ could be completely blocked by bathocuproinedisulfonic acid (BCS) and reduced glutathione (GSH), two Cu(I)-chelators...
- [Budd-Chiari syndrome and TIPS--twelve years' experience]V Safka
Ustav fyziologie LF UK, Hradec Kralove
Cas Lek Cesk 144:38-42. 2005Massive thrombosis of hepatic veins is clinically the most serious type of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS). Ischemic impairment is the basic problem in case of acute or fulminate course of BCS...
- Effects of postpartum dietary fat and body condition score at parturition on plasma, adipose tissue, and milk fatty acid composition of lactating beef cowsS L Lake
Department of Animal Science, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY 82071 3684, USA
J Anim Sci 85:717-30. 2007..conducted with lactating Angus x Gelbvieh beef cows to determine the effects of postpartum lipid supplementation, BCS at parturition, and day of lactation on fatty acid profiles in plasma, adipose tissue, and milk. In Exp...
- Body condition change ante- and postpartum, health and reproductive performance in German Holstein cowsM Hoedemaker
Production Medicine Unit, Clinic for Cattle, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Bischofsholer Damm 15, Hannover, Germany
Reprod Domest Anim 44:167-73. 2009The effects of body condition score (BCS) change and status ante- and postpartum (pp) on health and reproductive performance in 234 German Holstein cows from eight dairy farms were evaluated...
- Genetic relationships between body condition score and reproduction traits in Canadian Holstein and Ayrshire first-parity cowsC Bastin
University of Liege, Gembloux Agro Bio Tech, Animal Science Unit, B 5030 Gembloux, Belgium
J Dairy Sci 93:2215-28. 2010The objective of this study was to investigate the genetic relationship between body condition score (BCS) and reproduction traits for first-parity Canadian Ayrshire and Holstein cows...
- Secretion of IGF-1 by ovine granulosa cells: effects of growth hormone and follicle stimulating hormoneM Khalid
Department of Farm Animal and Equine Medicine, The Royal Veterinary College, University of London, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Harfield, Hertfordshire AL9 7TA, UK
Anim Reprod Sci 58:261-72. 2000..In the first set of experiments, cells were incubated in the presence of bovine calf serum (BCS) (2.5%) for the initial 48 h of culture...
- Histopathologic classification of breast cancer in Sweden and Italy: a comparison between two pathologistsD Palli
Epidemiology Unit, Florence, Italy
Tumori 78:247-9. 1992..Overall, comparison of diagnoses of 372 BCs according to a simplified WHO histologic classification system (in four combined categories) revealed agreement for ..
- [Local relapse in young (< or = 40 years) women with breast cancer after mastectomy or breast conserving surgery: 15-year results]Janos Fodor
Országos Onkológiai Intézet, 1122 Budapest, Ráth Gyorgy
Magy Onkol 49:203, 205-8. 2005Data from various sources indicate that after breast conserving surgery (BCS), younger patients have a high risk of local relapse, but there is insufficient evidence about the risk of post-mastectomy local recurrence...
- Effects of plane of nutrition and selenium supply during gestation on ewe and neonatal offspring performance, body composition, and serum seleniumA M Meyer
Department of Animal Sciences, North Dakota State University, Center for Nutrition and Pregnancy, Fargo 58108, USA
J Anim Sci 88:1786-800. 2010..From d 95 of gestation through parturition and d 20 of lactation, ewe BW and BCS were least (P <or= 0...
- Physicochemical profiling (solubility, permeability and charge state)A Avdeef
pION INC, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Curr Top Med Chem 1:277-351. 2001..Poor solubility and poor permeability account for many PK failures. FDA's Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS) is an attempt to rationalize the critical components related to oral absorption...
- The use of drug metabolism for prediction of intestinal permeability (dagger)Mei Ling Chen
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, MD 20993, USA
Mol Pharm 6:74-81. 2009The Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS), based on the aqueous solubility and intestinal permeability of a drug substance, has been widely used to predict the extent of drug absorption during the course of pharmaceutical ..
- Access to multidisciplinary cancer care: is it linked to the use of breast-conserving surgery with radiation for early-stage breast carcinoma?Laura Mae Baldwin
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 4696, USA
Cancer 100:701-9. 2004Breast-conserving surgery (BCS) with radiation (BCSR) requires a multidisciplinary care approach between surgeons and radiation oncologists.
- Glutamate supply positively affects serum release of triiodothyronine and insulin across time without increases of glucose during the onset of puberty in female goatsC A Meza-Herrera
Universidad Autónoma Chapingo Unidad Regional Universitaria de Zonas Áridas A P No 8, Bermejillo, Durango 35230, Mexico
Anim Reprod Sci 125:74-80. 2011..52±1.04 kg LW, 3.4±0.12 body condition score [BCS], receiving an intravenous infusion of 7 mg kg(-1) live weight [LW] of l-glutamate, twice a week, and (ii) control ..
- High levels of soluble Major Histocompatibility Complex class I related chain A (MICA) are associated with biliary cast syndrome after liver transplantationYizhou Zou
Department of Immunology, Xiang Ya School of Medicine, Central South University, Hunan, China
Transpl Immunol 21:210-4. 2009The biliary cast syndrome (BCS) is a frequent problem following liver transplantation. The pathogenesis of this complication is not well understood...
- Understanding the breast cancer experience of women: a qualitative study of African American, Asian American, Latina and Caucasian cancer survivorsKimlin Tam Ashing-Giwa
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Psychooncology 13:408-28. 2004..We conducted a qualitative study with breast cancer survivors (BCS) of various ethnicities...
- Haemolytic activities and adjuvant effect of Bupleurum chinense saponins on the immune responses to ovalbumin in miceHong Xiang Sun
College of Animal Sciences, Zhejiang University, Kaixuan Road 268, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310029, China
Vaccine 24:1324-31. 2006In this study, the haemolytic activities of Bupleurum chinense saponins (BCS) and its adjuvant potentials on the immune responses of ICR mice against ovalbumin (OVA) were evaluated...
- Prepartum dietary management of energy intake affects postpartum intake and lactation performance by primiparous and multiparous Holstein cowsN A Janovick
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:3086-102. 2010..and primiparous cows assigned to OVR gained body condition during the dry period [initial body condition score (BCS)=3.3], but were not overconditioned by parturition (BCS=3.5)...
- Breast-conserving surgery using projection and reproduction techniques of surgical-position breast MRI in patients with ductal carcinoma in situ of the breastMasahiro Sakakibara
Department of General Surgery, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chuoku, Chiba, Japan
J Am Coll Surg 207:62-8. 2008In this study, we report a breast-conserving surgery (BCS) approach that uses projection and reproduction techniques of breast MRI obtained in the surgical position to the breast surface in patients with ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) ..
- Modified transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt in the treatment of Budd-Chiari syndromeX Wu
Research Institute of General Surgery, School of Medicine, Nanjing University, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China
Int J Clin Pract 64:460-4. 2010The aim of this study was to determine the outcome of a modified transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (MTIPS) in the treatment of the Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS, occlusion of the hepatic veins).
- A first look at variations in use of breast conserving surgery at five teaching hospitals in JapanTatsuro Ishizaki
Department of Healthcare Economics and Quality Management, School of Public Health, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Int J Qual Health Care 14:411-8. 2002We assessed variations in the use of breast conserving surgery (BCS) for operable breast cancer paticnts among hospitals in Japan, and then compared the length of stay (LOS) and total charges during hospitalization between patients who ..
- The effects of metabolizable energy intake on body fat depots of adult Pelibuey ewes fed roughage diets under tropical conditionsA J Chay-Canul
Facultad de Medicina Veterinaria y Zootecnia, Universidad Autonoma de Yucatan, Carr Mérida Xmatkuil km 15 5, Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
Trop Anim Health Prod 43:929-36. 2011..Eighteen 3-year-old Pelibuey ewes with similar body weight (BW) of 37.6 ± 4.0 kg and body condition score (BCS) of 2.5 ± 0.20 were randomly assigned to three groups of six ewes each in a completely randomized design...
- The suitability of an in situ perfusion model for permeability determinations: utility for BCS class I biowaiver requestsJae Seung Kim
TSRL, Inc, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108, USA
Mol Pharm 3:686-94. 2006..studies for immediate release (IR) solid oral dosage forms based on the Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS)...
- Biopharmaceutics classification system: validation and learnings of an in vitro permeability assayVictoria E Thiel-Demby
GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Mol Pharm 6:11-8. 2009The Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS) is the scientific basis for classifying drugs based on their aqueous solubility and intestinal permeability that supports in vivo bioavailability and bioequivalence waivers for immediate-..
- Stage at diagnosis and treatment patterns among older women with breast cancer: an HMO and fee-for-service comparisonG F Riley
Health Care Financing Administration, Baltimore, MD 21244, USA
JAMA 281:720-6. 1999..Few studies have compared patterns of care in health maintenance organization (HMO) and fee-for-service (FFS) settings...
- Feasibility and midterm outcomes of percutaneous transhepatic balloon angioplasty for symptomatic Budd-Chiari syndrome secondary to hepatic venous obstructionTianxiao Li
Department of Interventional Radiology, People s Hospital of Henan Province, Zhengzhou, Henan, Peoples Republic of China
J Vasc Surg 50:1079-84. 2009This study evaluated the feasibility and outcomes of percutaneous transhepatic balloon angioplasty (PTBA) of the hepatic vein in the management of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) secondary to hepatic venous outflow obstruction.
- Initial body condition score affects hormone and metabolite response to nutritional restriction and repletion in yearling postpubertal beef heifersJ M Cassady
St Paul Beef Cattle Teaching and Research Facility, Department of Animal Science, University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
J Anim Sci 87:2262-73. 2009..heifers (initial BW of 443 +/- 9 kg) were allotted randomly into 2 treatment groups to evaluate if initial BCS affects response of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis to metabolic signals elicited by energy restriction and ..
- [Mesoatrial shunt in Budd-Chiari syndrome]Darko Mirkovic
Klinika za abdominalnu i endokrinu hirurgiju, Beograd, Srbija
Vojnosanit Pregl 66:69-73. 2009Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) represents partial or total occlusion of the hepatic veins with or without simultaneous obstruction of vena cava inferior (VCI)...
- Effect of weaning date (normal vs. late) on performance of young and mature beef cows and their progeny in a fall calving system in the Southern Great PlainsM D Hudson
Department of Animal Science, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, USA
J Anim Sci 88:1577-87. 2010..Mature cows were heavier (P < 0.01) than young cows throughout the trial, although BCS was similar (P >or= 0.10) among cow age classes. Cow BW (P = 0.58) and BCS (P = 0...
- Storage time and eggshell colour of pheasant eggs vs. the number of blastodermal cells and hatchability resultsRadosław Kozuszek
Department of Poultry Science, Poznan University of Life Sciences, Witosa 45, 61 693 Poznań, Poland
Folia Biol (Krakow) 57:121-30. 2009..dark-brown and olive eggs were characterised by a similar and significantly higher (by about 48%) number of embryo BCs in comparison with light-brown and blue eggs...
- Relationships among inflammatory cytokines, obesity, and insulin sensitivity in the horseM M Vick
Department of Veterinary Science, Maxwell Gluck Equine Research Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40546, USA
J Anim Sci 85:1144-55. 2007..Age was recorded and BCS and percent body fat (% FAT) were determined as measures of obesity in 60 mares...
- Patterns of initial management of node-negative breast cancer in two Canadian provinces. British Columbia/Ontario Working GroupV Goel
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biostatistics, University of Toronto
CMAJ 156:25-35. 1997..To describe the patterns of initial management of node-negative breast cancer in Ontario and British Columbia and to compare the characteristics of the patients and tumours and of the physicians and hospitals involved in management...
- Effects of late gestation supplementation of rumen undegradable protein, vitamin E, zinc, and chlortetracycline to ewes on indices of immune transfer and productivityR R Redden
Department of Animal and Range Sciences, Montana State University, Bozeman 59717, USA
J Anim Sci 88:1125-34. 2010..Ewes of different age (Exp. 1; 3- vs. 6-yr-old; n = 52) and BCS (Exp. 2; good vs. poor BCS; 3.0 and 1.7 +/- 0...
- Genetics of body condition score in New Zealand dairy cowsJ E Pryce
Livestock Improvement Corporation Ltd, Private Bag 3016, Hamilton, New Zealand
J Dairy Sci 89:4424-32. 2006Body condition score (BCS) data were collected on 169,661 first-parity cows from herds participating in progeny testing schemes and linear type assessment...
- Milk production of dairy cows fed wet corn gluten feed during the dry period and lactationP J Kononoff
Department of Animal Science, University of Nebraska, Lincoln 68583 0908, USA
J Dairy Sci 89:2608-17. 2006..of feeding wet corn gluten feed (WCGF) on 305-d milk production, dry matter (DM) intake, body condition score (BCS), and health...
- Breast conserving surgery for multifocal breast cancerWoosung Lim
Department of Surgery, University of Ulsan College of Medicine and Asan Medical Center, Songpa Gu, Seoul, Korea
Ann Surg 249:87-90. 2009The purpose of this study is to examine the oncological safety of breast conserving surgery (BCS) for patients with multifocal breast cancer.
- Effects of body condition score and score change on the reproductive performance of dairy cows: a meta-analysisF Lopez-Gatius
Department of Animal Production, University of Lleida, Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingeniería Agraria, Avda Alcalde Rovira Roure 177, 25198 Lleida, Spain
Theriogenology 59:801-12. 2003A meta-analysis was conducted to evaluate the effects of body condition score (BCS) at parturition and at first AI, and of body condition change during the early lactation period on the variables pregnancy rate at first AI and number of ..
- Heritability of gross feed efficiency and associations with yield, intake, residual intake, body weight, and body condition score in 11 commercial Pennsylvania tie stallsJ E Vallimont
Department of Dairy and Animal Science, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Dairy Sci 94:2108-13. 2011..by regressing daily DMI on daily milk, fat, and protein yields, body weight (BW), daily body condition score (BCS) gain or loss, the interaction between BW and BCS gain or loss, and days in milk (DIM)...
- Effects of acclimation to human interaction on performance, temperament, physiological responses, and pregnancy rates of Brahman-crossbred cowsR F Cooke
Oregon State University, Eastern Oregon Agricultural Research Center, Burns 97720, USA
J Anim Sci 87:4125-32. 2009..Approximately 45 d after weaning (August 2006) in yr 1, cows were evaluated for BW, BCS, and temperament (chute score, pen score, and exit velocity), stratified by these measurements in addition to breed ..
- Associations among patterns in daily body weight, body condition scoring, and reproductive performance in high-producing dairy cowsM van Straten
Hachaklait, Mutual Society for Veterinary Services, Caesarea Industrial Park, Israel
J Dairy Sci 92:4375-85. 2009The objective was to investigate the associations between body condition scores (BCS) and daily body weight (BW) in the first 150 d of lactation (DIM) and reproductive performance in high-producing dairy cows...
- Preliminary evaluation of magnetic resonance fresh blood imaging for diagnosis of Budd-Chiari syndromeKe Ren
Department of Radiology, First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:95-9. 2007Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) is a rare disease with portal hypertension caused by the blockage of the hepatic vein and/or the inferior vena cava (IVC)...
- Effects of nutritional support on hospital outcome in dogs and catsMarcio A Brunetto
Department of Veterinary Clinic and Surgery, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Jaboticabal, SP, Brazil
J Vet Emerg Crit Care (San Antonio) 20:224-31. 2010..the effects of assisted nutritional support on hospital outcome in dogs and cats, and the relationship between hospital outcome and energy intake, body condition score (BCS), physical status score, and type of nutritional support used.
- Regional intestinal drug permeation: biopharmaceutics and drug developmentHans Lennernas
Department of Pharmaceutics, Uppsala University, Sweden Electronic address
Eur J Pharm Sci 57:333-41. 2014..of pharmaceutical dosage forms, due primarily to the extensive use of the biopharmaceutical classification system (BCS) in both academia and industry...
- Biliary cast syndrome following liver transplantation: Predictive factors and clinical outcomesNiraj V Gor
Department of Medicine, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, IL, USA
Liver Transpl 14:1466-72. 2008Biliary cast syndrome (BCS), the presence of biliary casts and debris causing biliary obstruction, occurs in 4%-18% of orthotopic liver transplant (OLT) recipients. Potential consequences include cholangitis and graft damage or loss...
- The effect of claw horn disruption lesions and body condition score at dry-off on survivability, reproductive performance, and milk production in the subsequent lactationV S Machado
Department of Population Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:4071-8. 2010..the effects of claw horn disruption lesions (CHDL; sole ulcers and white line disease) and body condition score (BCS) at dry-off on survivability, milk production, and reproductive performance during the subsequent lactation...
- Optimum duration of neoadjuvant letrozole to permit breast conserving surgeryRobert Carpenter
Breast Unit, University College London Hospitals NHS Trust, 250 Euston Road, London, NW1 2PQ, UK
Breast Cancer Res Treat 144:569-76. 2014..study was to establish the optimal duration of neoadjuvant letrozole that would allow breast conservation surgery (BCS) in patients with early breast cancer who were initially unsuitable...
- Genetic parameters for energy balance, feed efficiency, and related traits in Holstein cattleD M Spurlock
Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames 50011, USA
J Dairy Sci 95:5393-402. 2012..energy balance (EB) and related traits including dry matter intake (DMI), body weight (BW), body condition score (BCS), energy-corrected milk (ECM) production, and gross feed efficiency (GFE), defined as the ratio of total ECM yield ..
- TIPS for Budd-Chiari syndrome: long-term results and prognostics factors in 124 patientsJuan Carlos Garcia-Pagan
Hepatic Hemodynamic Laboratory, Liver Unit Hospital Clínic, IDIBAPS and Ciberehd, Barcelona, Spain
Gastroenterology 135:808-15. 2008Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) is a rare and life-threatening disorder secondary to hepatic venous outflow obstruction. Small series of BCS patients indicate that transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (TIPS) may be useful...
- Clinical importance of the basal cavernous sinuses and cavernous carotid arteries relative to the pituitary gland and macroadenomas: quantitative analysis of the complete anatomySelcuk Yilmazlar
Department of Neurosurgery, Uludag University, Gorukle 16059, Bursa, Turkey
Surg Neurol 70:165-74; discussion 174-5. 2008..Our aim was to quantitatively analyze anatomical and radiologic relationships among the BCS, the CCA, and the pituitary gland, as these structures are accessed during TSS.
- Evaluation of the sample needed to accurately estimate outcome-based measurements of dairy welfare on farmM I Endres
Department of Animal Science, University of Minnesota, St Paul 55108 Electronic address
J Dairy Sci 97:3523-30. 2014..Outcome-based measurements, such as locomotion, hock lesion, hygiene, and body condition scores (BCS), are included in these assessments...
- Circannual body reserve dynamics and metabolic profile changes in Romane ewes grazing on rangelandsE Gonzalez-Garcia
INRA UMR868, Systèmes d Elevage Méditerranées et Tropicaux SELMET, Montpellier 34060, France Electronic address
Domest Anim Endocrinol 46:37-48. 2014..Ewes were allocated to homogeneous groups according to BW and BCS and were distributed by parity (primiparous [PRIM], n = 21; multiparous [MULT], n = 20) and litter size (LSi; ..
- Establishing the pharmaceutical quality of Chinese herbal medicine: a provisional BCS classificationSophia Y K Fong
School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Medicine, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin, New Territories, Hong Kong SAR
Mol Pharm 10:1623-43. 2013The Biopharmaceutical Classification System (BCS), which is a scientific approach to categorize active drug ingredient based on its solubility and intestinal permeability into one of the four classes, has been used to set the ..
- Brittle cornea syndrome: recognition, molecular diagnosis and managementEmma M M Burkitt Wright
Genetic Medicine, Institute of Human Development, Faculty of Medical and Human Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester, UK
Orphanet J Rare Dis 8:68. 2013..Two genes, ZNF469 and PRDM5, have now been identified, in which causative pathogenic mutations collectively account for the ..
- Update on the classification, assessment of prognosis and therapy of Budd-Chiari syndromeMarco Senzolo
Liver Unit, Royal Free Hospital, London, UK
Nat Clin Pract Gastroenterol Hepatol 2:182-90. 2005Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) occurs as a result of obstruction of hepatic venous outflow at any level from the small hepatic veins to the junction of the inferior vena cava with the right atrium...
- Development and implementation of a training program to ensure high repeatability of body condition scoring of dairy cowsE Vasseur
Pacific Agri Food Research Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Agassiz, British Columbia, Canada, V0M 1A0
J Dairy Sci 96:4725-37. 2013A body condition score (BCS) in dairy cattle is a subjective assessment of the proportion of body fat that she possesses and is a common measure used in animal welfare assessment...
- Analysis of a large number of clinical studies for breast cancer radiotherapy: estimation of radiobiological parameters for treatment planningM Guerrero
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Phys Med Biol 48:3307-26. 2003Numerous studies of early-stage breast cancer treated with breast conserving surgery (BCS) and radiotherapy (RT) have been published in recent years...
- Effects of different transition diets on dry matter intake, milk production, and milk composition in dairy cowsS McNamara
Teagasc, Dairy Production Research Centre, Moorepark, Fermoy, Co Cork, Ireland
J Dairy Sci 86:2397-408. 2003..the effect on dry matter intake (DMI), milk yield, milk composition, body weight (BW), and body condition score (BCS) change of cows offered diets differing in energy density in the last 4 wk of gestation and in the first 8 wk of ..
- Energy balance of individual cows can be estimated in real-time on farm using frequent liveweight measures even in the absence of body condition scoreV M Thorup
Department of Animal Science, Aarhus University, Blichers alle 20, AU Foulum, 8830 Tjele, Denmark
Animal 7:1631-9. 2013..feed intake, that is, the traditional input-output method, or frequent measurements of BW and body condition score (BCS), that is, the body reserve changes method (EB(body))...
- Effects of supplementation of whole corn germ on reproductive performance, calf performance, and leptin concentration in primiparous and mature beef cowsJ L Martin
Department of Animal Science, University of Nebraska Lincoln, Lincoln, 68583, USA
J Anim Sci 83:2663-70. 2005..Each year, cows were blocked by age and BCS and assigned randomly to one of three treatments: PRE (n = 115) cows received 1...
- Regional-dependent intestinal permeability and BCS classification: elucidation of pH-related complexity in rats using pseudoephedrineMoran Fairstein
Department of Clinical Pharmacology, School of Pharmacy, Faculty of Health Sciences, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, P O Box 653 Beer Sheva 84105, Israel
AAPS J 15:589-97. 2013..a marker for the low/high-permeability (P(eff)) class boundary, pseudoephedrine was provisionally classified as BCS low-permeability compound...
- Characterization of zebrafish mutants with defects in bone calcification during developmentYang Xi
Key Laboratory of Animal Models and Degenerative Neurological Diseases, Nankai University School of Medicine, Tianjin 300071, China Department of Biological Sciences, University of Notre Dame, Notre Dame, IN 46556, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 440:132-6. 2013..We identified a mutant line, bone calcification slow (bcs), which showed delayed axial vertebra calcification during development...
- Temporal associations between low body condition, lameness and milk yield in a UK dairy herdL E Green
School of Life Sciences, University of Warwick, Coventry CV4 7AL, England, United Kingdom Electronic address
Prev Vet Med 113:63-71. 2014..We tested this in a prospective longitudinal study. Body condition score (BCS), causes of lameness and milk yield were collected from a 600-cow herd over 44-months...
- Winter protein management during late gestation alters range cow and steer progeny performanceJ T Mulliniks
Department of Animal and Range Sciences, New Mexico State University, Las Cruces 88003, USA
J Anim Sci 90:5099-106. 2012..for a traditional hand-fed (range cube) supplement that is less protein dense and minimize or maintain cow BW and BCS during late gestation and the subsequent steer progeny feedlot performance, health, and economic viability...
- Influence of body condition at calving and postpartum nutrition on endocrine function and reproductive performance of primiparous beef cowsN H Ciccioli
Department of Animal Science, Oklahoma Agricultural Experiment Station, Stillwater 74078, USA
J Anim Sci 81:3107-20. 2003The influences of body condition score (BCS) at calving and postpartum nutrition on endocrine and ovarian functions, and reproductive performance, were determined by randomly allocating thin (mean BCS = 4.4 +/- 0...
- Effects of body condition score at calving on indicators of fat and protein mobilization of periparturient Holstein-Friesian cowsJ A A Pires
INRA, UMR1213 Herbivores, F 315610 Saint Genès Champanelle, France Clermont Université, VetAgro Sup, BP 10448, F 63000, Clermont Ferrand, France Electronic address
J Dairy Sci 96:6423-39. 2013The objective was to study the effects of body condition score (BCS) at calving on dairy performance, indicators of fat and protein mobilization, and metabolic and hormonal profiles during the periparturient period of Holstein-Friesian ..
- Carry-over effects of body condition in the early pregnant ewe on peri-partum adipose tissue metabolismJ Alvarez-Rodriguez
Centro de Investigación y Tecnología Agroalimentaria, Gobierno de Aragón, Zaragoza, Spain
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 96:985-92. 2012..Forty-nine multiparous ewes were divided in three categories according to their body condition score (BCS) at day 30 of pregnancy (BCS < 3, 2.5-2.75; BCS = 3; BCS > 3, 3.25-3.5)...
- The utility of routine surveillance blood cultures in asymptomatic hematopoietic stem cell transplant patientsBindu Kanathezhath
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital and Research Institute Oakland, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 32:327-31. 2010Surveillance blood cultures (BCs) are often obtained in hematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT) patients for earlier detection of blood stream infections (BSI)...
- Mechanistic investigation of food effect on disintegration and dissolution of BCS class III compound solid formulations: the importance of viscosityAsma Radwan
Institute of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Biopharm Drug Dispos 33:403-16. 2012..of compounds together with food, has been attributed particularly with high solubility/low permeability compounds (BCS class III)...
- Body weight and body condition of breeding rabbits in commercial unitsL F De La Fuente
Depto de Producción Animal, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Leon, 24071 Leon, Spain
J Anim Sci 90:3252-8. 2012Live BW and BCS data were collected from 2,775 breeding rabbits (644 males and 2,131 females) of 34 genetic types and sorted according to their specialization (maternal, paternal, and others)...
- Survey on breast cancer patients in China toward breast-conserving surgeryLi Zhang
Department of Medical Oncology of Cancer Center, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, People s Republic of China
Psychooncology 21:488-95. 2012We sought to investigate attitudes toward breast-conserving therapy (BCS) in early-stage breast cancer (EBC) patients from P. R. China and assess the factors influencing their decision.
- Surgical techniques for personalized oncoplastic surgery in breast cancer patients with small- to moderate-sized breasts (part 1): volume displacementJung Dug Yang
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Daegu, Korea
J Breast Cancer 15:1-6. 2012Despite the popularity of breast-conserving surgery (BCS), which constitutes 50-60% of all breast cancer surgeries, discussions regarding cosmetic results after BCS are not specifically conducted...
- Validation of a body condition scoring system in rhesus macaques (Macaca mulatta): assessment of body composition by using dual-energy X-ray absorptiometryLaura Summers
California National Primate Research Center, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 51:88-93. 2012Body condition scoring (BCS) is a subjective semiquantitative method of assessing body fat and muscle by palpation of key anatomic features...
- Short communication: estimates of genetic parameters of body condition score in the first 3 lactations using a random regression animal modelS Loker
Centre for Genetic Improvement of Livestock, Department of Animal and Poultry Science, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
J Dairy Sci 94:3693-9. 2011The objective of this research was to estimate the genetic parameters of body condition score (BCS) in the first 3 lactations in Canadian Holstein dairy cattle using a multiple-lactation random regression animal model...
- Surgeon recommendations and receipt of mastectomy for treatment of breast cancerMonica Morrow
Breast Surgery Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10065, USA
JAMA 302:1551-6. 2009..There is concern that mastectomy is overused in the United States...
- Diagnostic accuracy of a new instrument for detecting cognitive dysfunction in an emergent psychiatric population: the Brief Cognitive ScreenSteven P Cercy
Mental Health Service, Veterans Affairs New York Harbor Healthcare System, New York Campus, Department of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Acad Emerg Med 17:307-15. 2010..The authors developed a new cognitive screening instrument, the Brief Cognitive Screen (BCS), with the aim of improving diagnostic accuracy for cognitive dysfunction in the psychiatric emergency department (..
- Genetic parameters for anovulation and pregnancy loss in dairy cattleR L Bamber
Dairy Science Department, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Dairy Sci 92:5739-53. 2009..statistical model for anovulation included fixed effects [parity, herd-study-treatment, and body condition score (BCS)], covariates (inbreeding and milk yield), and random effects (sire and residual)...
- Impaired fibrinolysis as a risk factor for Budd-Chiari syndromeJildou Hoekstra
Departments of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 115:388-95. 2010In Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS), thrombosis develops in the hepatic veins or inferior vena cava...
- Effects of twin pregnancy and dry period feeding strategy on milk production, energy balance, and metabolic profiles in dairy cowsN Silva-Del-Rio
Department of Dairy Science, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
J Anim Sci 88:1048-60. 2010..001) for cows with T than for cows with S. No differences (P > 0.10) were detected in prepartum BCS or BCS change with PT or D. Energy balance (EB) was greater for cows with S than with T (P < 0...
- Prediction of solubility and permeability class membership: provisional BCS classification of the world's top oral drugsArik Dahan
University of Michigan College of Pharmacy, 428 Church Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1065, USA
AAPS J 11:740-6. 2009The Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS) categorizes drugs into one of four biopharmaceutical classes according to their water solubility and membrane permeability characteristics and broadly allows the prediction of the rate-..
- Membranous Budd-Chiari syndrome in CaucasiansSandra Ciesek
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 45:226-34. 2010Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) is characterized by an obstruction of hepatic venous outflow. Membranous obstruction of the inferior vena cava (IVC) is a curable cause of primary BCS but is very rare in Western Europe...
- Short communication: genetic relationships among daily energy balance, feed intake, body condition score, and fat to protein ratio of milk in dairy cowsN Buttchereit
Institute of Animal Breeding and Husbandry, Christian Albrechts University, D 24118 Kiel, Germany
J Dairy Sci 94:1586-91. 2011..balance (EB) and dry matter intake (DMI), weekly milk fat to protein ratio (FPR), and monthly body condition score (BCS) were estimated using random regression on data collected from 682 Holstein-Friesian primiparous cows recorded ..
- Survey of quality defects in market beef and dairy cows and bulls sold through livestock auction markets in the Western United States: I. Incidence ratesJ K Ahola
Cooperative Extension System, University of Idaho, Moscow 83844, USA
J Anim Sci 89:1474-83. 2011..However, 19.5% of dairy cows and 13.1% of dairy bulls weighed less than 545 kg. Mean BCS for beef cattle (9-point scale) was 4.7 ± 1.2 (cows) and 5.3 ± 0...
- Maintenance energy requirement determination of cats after spayingYuka Mitsuhashi
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, Companion Animal Nutrition Research Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 4474, USA
Br J Nutr 106:S135-8. 2011..adult female cats were fed complete and balanced diets in amounts to maintain their BW and body condition score (BCS) before the present study. All cats were spayed and the diet was fed for 11 weeks using the same MER as previously...
- Common genetic variants near the Brittle Cornea Syndrome locus ZNF469 influence the blinding disease risk factor central corneal thicknessYi Lu
Genetics and Population Health, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia
PLoS Genet 6:e1000947. 2010..95x10(-11). The nearest gene to the associated chromosome 16 SNPs was ZNF469, a locus recently implicated in Brittle Cornea Syndrome (BCS), a very rare disorder characterized by abnormal thin ..
- The effect of body condition at calving and supplementation with Saccharomyces cerevisiae on energy status and some reproductive parameters in early lactation dairy cowsR M AlIbrahim
School of Agriculture, Food Science and Veterinary Medicine, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Anim Reprod Sci 121:63-71. 2010..on PP energy status and fertility indices of dairy cows managed to have low or high body condition score (BCS, 1-5 scale) at calving...
- Clinical impact of a real-time PCR assay for rapid identification of Staphylococcus aureus and determination of methicillin resistance from positive blood culturesV Cattoir
Department of Bacteriology Virology Infection Control Unit, Hopital Henri Mondor, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris 12, Creteil, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 17:425-31. 2011The full identification and susceptibility profile of staphylococci from positive blood cultures (BCs) generally takes 24-48 h using phenotypic methods...
- Epidermal growth factor, estrogen, and progesterone receptor expression in primary sweat gland carcinomas and primary and metastatic mammary carcinomasK J Busam
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mod Pathol 12:786-93. 1999..of 42 primary sweat gland carcinomas (SGCs) with 30 metastases from breast carcinoma (BC) to the skin, 125 primary BCs, and 30 noncutaneous metastases from BCs...
- Socioeconomic status, immigration/acculturation, and ethnic variations in breast conserving surgery, San Francisco Bay areaScarlett L Gomez
Northern California Cancer Center, Union City, CA 94587, USA
Ethn Dis 14:134-40. 2004Previous studies have demonstrated substantial variations in breast conserving surgery (BCS) across sociodemographic groups...
- The impact of intra-operative specimen radiographs on specimen weights for wide local excision of breast cancerA R Carmichael
Princess Royal Hospital, Lewes Road, Haywards Heath, UK
Breast 13:325-8. 2004The ultimate goal of breast conserving surgery (BCS) is to achieve survival and local control rates similar to those for mastectomy while providing improved cosmetic and functional results...
- Characterization of HIN1 Putative Tumor SuppressorIan Krop; Fiscal Year: 2003..is highly expressed in normal breast epithelial cells, but lost in >90% of primary pre-invasive and invasive BCs and BC cell lines...
- Erythropoietin and Breast Cancer Stem CellsFrank Pajonk; Fiscal Year: 2013..serum Epo level correlate with high BCSC burden, nodal status and local control after breast-conserving surgery (BCS) and RT...
- Local Therapy of Breast Cancer in Community PopulationsNancy Keating; Fiscal Year: 2007..conservation offers survival rates equivalent to mastectomy and (b) patients undergoing breast-conserving surgery (BCS) should also receive radiation. These statements are based on clinical trial data; however, only 2...
- A Novel Optical Spectral Imaging System for Rapid Imaging of Breast Tumor MarginsNirmala Ramanujam; Fiscal Year: 2013..Women with operable breast cancer undergo Breast Conserving Surgery (BCS), also called lumpectomy or partial mastectomy...
- Influence of Exercise and Adiposity on Biomarkers of Breast Cancer RecurrenceLisa J Wood; Fiscal Year: 2013..Observational studies suggest that if breast cancer survivors (BCS) can become sufficiently physically active and control their weight, prognosis may improve even further...
- A Fluorescence Histology System for In Vivo Breast Tumor Margin AssessmentJONATHAN QUINCY BROWN; Fiscal Year: 2012..women with early stage invasive breast cancer and/or carcinoma in situ (CIS) received breast conserving surgery (BCS). BCS involves removal of malignant tissue with a surrounding margin of normal breast tissue...
- MULTILEVEL COMPLIANCE MODEL OF BREAST CANCER TREATMENTSMary Fennell; Fiscal Year: 1999..In brief, recommended primary treatment has been breast conserving surgery (BCS) plus radiation therapy (RT), or modified radical mastectomy...
- Intra-operative specimen tomosynthesis for margin assessment in breast surgeryEMRE TOKER; Fiscal Year: 2009..radiographic margin assessment of surgically excised breast tissue specimens during breast-conserving surgery (BCS)...
- CARE, COSTS AND OUTCOMES OF LOCAL BREAST CANCERJeanne Mandelblatt; Fiscal Year: 1999..treatments for local breast cancer in the elderly: modified radical mastectomy (MRM), breast conserving surgery (BCS) with radiotherapy (RT), and BCS without RT...
- Subjective Well-Being Over The Life CourseSTEPHEN JONATHAN MACHIN; Fiscal Year: 2013..The British Cohort Study (BCS) and UK National Child Development Study (NCDS) will enable us to estimate these models up to middle age...
- THERAPY OF LYMPHOMA/LEUKEMIA WITH MONOCLONAL ANTIBODIESOliver W Press; Fiscal Year: 2013..extend the approach to patients lacking histocompatibility locus antigen (HLA)-matched donors by investigating 131l-BCS in the setting of haplo-identical transplantation for AML, ALL and MDS (Aim 2) and explore the use of 90Yttrium-BC8,..
- Optical studies of the cone photoreceptor synapseRichard H Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2013The connections between cone photoreceptors and their postsynaptic targets, bipolar and horizontal cells (BCs and HCs), are the first synapses in the visual system...
- TAS::75 0849::TAS SBIR TOPIC 307 PHASE I NOVEL IMAGING AGENTS TO EXPAND THE CLINBRYAN WALSER; Fiscal Year: 2011..The major complication after breast conserving surgery (BCS) is local recurrence of the cancer...
- The Role of SRC-1 in Breast CancerJianming Xu; Fiscal Year: 2013..Twist is a DNA-binding transcription factor overexpressed in invasive BCs and a master regulator of EMT and BC Meta...
- Intraoperative imaging of breast cancer margins using Polarization Subtraction TeSHABBIR BAKIR BAMBOT; Fiscal Year: 2013..innovative, cost effective and easy to use device for visualizing tumor margins during Breast Conservation Surgery (BCS), a method that is used in about 60-70% percent of breast cancer surgeries...
- Anatomical and Functional Properties of Auditory Nerve SynapsesMARIA EULALIA RUBIO; Fiscal Year: 2013..In the cochlear nucleus (CN), AN fibers bifurcate to innervate multiple cell populations, including bushy cells (BCs) in the ventral CN, and fusiform cells (FCs) in the dorsal CN...
- Roles of SRC-3 in Development and DiseaseJianming Xu; Fiscal Year: 2013..While SRC3 is expressed in the basal cells (BCs) but not expressed in the normal exocrine luminal epithelial cells (ELECs), it is overexpressed in the advanced ..
- Multiplex diagnostic for biothreat C. psittaci &non-threat respiratory pathogensRichard F Selden; Fiscal Year: 2013..The NetBio platform consists of a ruggedized, analytic instrument that accepts a biochipset (BCS)-shown in Preliminary Studies to purify genomic DNA from clinical samples, amplify, electrophoretically separate ..
- Determinants and Correlates of Physical Activity in Breast Cancer SurvivorsSIOBHAN MARIE WHITE; Fiscal Year: 2010There are over 2.4 million breast cancer survivors (BCS) in the U.S. accounting for 22% of all cancer survivors . The 5-year survival rate of 88...
- Mechanisms underlying therapeutic effect of a new compound Isorhapontigenin (ISO)Chuanshu Huang; Fiscal Year: 2013..ISO) i a new derivative of stilbene, and isolated from a Chinese herb that has been used in China for treatment of BCs for hundreds of years without understanding of molecular mechanisms...
- Prevalence, Predictors, and Consequences of Alcohol Use from Childhood to MidlifeJennifer L Maggs; Fiscal Year: 2013..temperamental, cognitive, and family influences on early alcohol use in the MCS and the 1970 British Cohort Study (BCS) with structural equation models;(2) In the BCS and 1958 National Child Development Study (NCDS), examine how ..
- Southern Community Cancer Survivorship StudyAnn Marie Flores; Fiscal Year: 2010..breast cancer specific physical and functional limitations and symptoms among AAs, poor and medically underserved BCS. H1...
- Rural Long-Term Cancer Survivors and Contextual Health-related Quality of LifeLELI PEDRO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore breast cancer survivors (BCS) make up 41% of all cancer survivors yet this group remains poorly understood in the rural setting...
- Acyclic Cucurbit n uril Molecular Containers for Drug Solubilization and DeliveryLYLE D ISAACS; Fiscal Year: 2013..pharmaceutical industry is that 40-70% of new drug compounds belong to the biopharmaceutics classification system (BCS) class II with such poor aqueous solubility that they cannot be formulated on their own...
- Family Communication in Coping with Ethnic Minority Breast Cancer SurvivorsJung won Lim; Fiscal Year: 2010How breast cancer survivors (BCS) and their families cope with stress experiences and communicate with each other may influence their quality of life outcomes...
- Retinal RemodelingRobert E Marc; Fiscal Year: 2013..gt;12mos of age will receive (1) subretinal injections of Channelrhodopsin2 (ChR2)-AAV targeting bipolar cells (BCs) or AII amacrine cell (ACs). Analyses will follow those established in Aim 1. Signifi- cance...
- SPORE in Genitourinary CancerColin P N Dinney; Fiscal Year: 2013..of urothelial neoplasia, the determination of whether activating mutations and gene amplifications present in BCs drive cancer progression and serve as potential therapeutic targets, the identification of molecular and biological ..
- CELLULAR DEFECTS IN NOCTURNAL HEMOGLOBINURIARobert Hartmann; Fiscal Year: 1980..The major thrust will concern an extended study of hepatic venous thrombosis (Budd-Chiari syndrome) (BCS) as a frequent, highly lethal complication of PNH...
- METANALYSIS COGNITIVE NEUROIMAGING: METHODS VALIDATIONSPeter Fox; Fiscal Year: 2002..semantics) for the behaviors used and mental operations experimentally mapped, termed the Behavioral Coding Scheme (BCS)...
- Histology-Based Computational Tools for Ultrasonic Differentiation of NeoplasmsTIMOTHY EDWIN DOYLE; Fiscal Year: 2010..Tissue margin assessments during breast conservation surgery (BCS) are one example...
- Outcomes of Omission of Radiation With Lumpectomy (BCS) Among Low-Income WomenRoger Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2007ABSTRACT Title: Outcomes of Omission of Radiation With Lumpectomy (BCS) Among Low-Income Women Background: There is little information describing the patterns of health care and outcomes in financially needy women with breast cancer in ..
- Menkes protein:copper transport in the pituitaryTAMI STEVESON; Fiscal Year: 2002..The copper chelators, bathocuproinedisulfonic acid (BCS) and Disulfiram (Antabuse), will be used to determine if a reduction of copper levels affects the behavior of ..
- NEUROENDOCRINE PACERS, PEPTIDES, RECEPTORS, ANTIBODIESFelix Strumwasser; Fiscal Year: 1991..2) Determining the structure-activity relationships of the neuropeptide egg-laying hormone (ELH), made by the BCs, by using fragments and modifications of synthetic ELH, in conjunction with behavioral egg-laying assays, ..
- Comparison of Aerobic and Resistance Exercise in Older Breast Cancer SurvivorsKerri Winters Stone; Fiscal Year: 2009..effects of aerobic exercise and resistance exercise for inactive older (aged 65+) breast cancer survivors (BCS) at least two years post- treatment...
- Integrative Training Progran in VisionEdward H Adelson; Fiscal Year: 2010..The Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences (BCS) has a very broad range of research and teaching in the vision sciences, with particular expertise in visual ..
- NEW HANOVER BREAST CANCER SCREENING PROGRAMDANA QUADE; Fiscal Year: 1990We propose a comprehensive program to increase and improve breast cancer screening (BCS), including annual clinical breast examination and mammography among women ages 50 to 74 in New Hanover County, NC...
- Role of Cellular Lipoprotein in PrPSen>PrPRes ConversionAbraham Grossman; Fiscal Year: 2004..This model is composed of proteinase K (pK) sensitive PrP (PrPSen) and a high molecular weight component of BCS that, in combination with RNA, generates a pK-resistant form of PrP (PrPRes)...
- BIRMINGHAM SCIENCE EDUCATION PARTNERSHIP (BSEP) PHASE IMary Williams; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract): The University of Alabama at Birmingham, McWane Science Center and the Birmingham City Schools (BCS) propose a highly coordinated program to provide high school science teachers and their students with a laboratory-..
- Radiation Therapy in Older Breast Cancer PatientsMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2002..are less likely than their urban counterparts to receive radiation therapy (XRT) following conservative surgery (BCS) for stage I-II breast cancer. XRT is recommended by the NIH for these women, but rural elderly women are 1...
- Breast Tissue ablation by Conductive HeatingGal Shafirstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..At these early stages, breast cancer patients can be treated via breast conservation surgery (BCS)...
- Insomnia Intervention for Breast Cancer SurvivorsDana Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2003..efficacy of non-pharmacological treatment for patients most at need and at risk such as breast cancer survivors (BCS)...