Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ZNF469
Description: zinc finger protein 469
Publications124 found, 100 shown here
- Deleterious mutations in the Zinc-Finger 469 gene cause brittle cornea syndromeAlmogit Abu
Danek Gertner Institute of Human Genetics, Sheba Medical Center, Tel Hashomer 52621, Israel
Am J Hum Genet 82:1217-22. 2008..We have identified two frameshift mutations in the Zinc-Finger 469 gene (ZNF469)...
- Breast cancer outcomes among older women: HMO, fee-for-service, and delivery system comparisonsA Lee-Feldstein
Center for Health Policy and Research, Department of Medicine, College of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, Calif 92697-5800, USA
J Gen Intern Med 16:189-99. 2001..50; 95% CI, 0.31 to 0.82). Use of breast-conserving surgery plus radiation (BCS+) varied significantly by hospital type (including HMO-owned and various-sized community hospitals) and time...
- Copper chelation-induced reduction of the biological activity of S-nitrosothiolsM P Gordge
Institute of Urology, University College London
Br J Pharmacol 114:1083-9. 1995..and S-nitrosoglutathione (GSNO) was investigated, using the specific copper chelator bathocuproine sulphonate (BCS), and human washed platelets as target cells. 2...
- [Clinical manifestation and patho-typing of biliary cast syndrome in patients after orthotopic liver transplantation]Xiao Dan Zhu
Institute of Liver Transplantation, General Hospital of Chinese Armed Police Forces, Beijing 100039, China
Zhonghua Wai Ke Za Zhi 46:728-32. 2008To summarize the Patho-typing and the clinical manifestation of biliary cast syndrome (BCS) in patients after orthotopic liver transplantation.
- 172 reuse of autoclaved intravaginal progesterone device to estrous synchronization in toggenburg goats in the breeding seasonJ M G Souza
Federal University of Vicosa, Vicosa, MG, Brazil
Reprod Fertil Dev 23:188. 2011..9±9.8kg and 3.4±0.3) goats were assigned according to weight and body condition score (BCS, 1 to 5 scale) into 3 treatments. Animals received new devices (n=25; 48.2±11.5kg and BCS 3.4±0.3) containing 0...
- Radical surgery for Budd-Chiari syndrome through exposure of the entire inferior vena cava of the hepatic segmentXiao Ming Zhang
Department of Vascular Surgery, Peking University People s Hospital, Beijing, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:626-9. 2007Several kinds of radical surgery for the treatment of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) have been devised...
- Local treatment of hemorrhoidal disease and perianal eczema. Meta-analysis of the efficacy and safety of an Escherichia coli culture suspension alone or in combination with hydrocortisoneVolker Wienert
University Hospital, Aachen, Germany
Arzneimittelforschung 52:515-23. 2002..available clinical data on the efficacy and safety of ointments containing either a bacterial culture suspension (BCS) from Escherichia coli or a combination of BCS with hydrocortisone (CAS 50-23-7) (BCS: Posterisan, and BCS + HC: ..
- Interaction of calf suckling, use of oxytocin and milk yield with reproductive performance of dairy buffaloesMuhammad Subhan Qureshi
Faculty of Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, NWFP Agricultural University, Peshawar 25120, Pakistan
Anim Reprod Sci 106:380-92. 2008..Data on milk yield, body condition score (BCS) and reproductive parameters were recorded weekly...
- Radiological and pathological size estimations of pure ductal carcinoma in situ of the breast, specimen handling and the influence on the success of breast conservation surgery: a review of 2564 cases from the Sloane ProjectJ Thomas
Pathology Department, Western General Hospital and Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research Unit, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK
Br J Cancer 102:285-93. 2010..We have correlated these sizes with histological grade, specimen-handling methods, particularly the use of specimen slice radiographs, and the success or failure of breast-conserving surgery (BCS).
- Patterns of care analysis among women with ductal carcinoma in situ in North CarolinaLeRon C Jackson
Department of Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC 27157, USA
Am J Surg 195:164-9. 2008..Further study goals included the identification of predictors of breast-conserving surgery (BCS), adjuvant radiation, and/or hormonal therapy, as well as breast reconstruction after mastectomy.
- A 27-year experience with surgical treatment of Budd-Chiari syndromeM J Orloff
Department of Surgery, University of California San Diego Medical Center, San Diego, California 92103 8999, USA
Ann Surg 232:340-52. 2000To determine the effects of surgical portal decompression in Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) on survival, quality of life, shunt patency, liver function, portal hemodynamics, and hepatic morphology during periods ranging from 3.5 to 27 years.
- Influence of body condition score on by-product yield and value from cull beef cowsJ K Apple
Department of Animal Science, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 72701, USA
J Anim Sci 77:2670-9. 1999..representing British and Continental phenotypes were slaughtered to measure the influence of body condition score (BCS) on by-product yield and value...
- Analysis of heterocyclic amines and beta-carbolines by liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry in cooked meats commonly consumed in KoreaY M Back
Department of Food Science and Technology, Dongguk University, Seoul 100 715, South Korea
Food Addit Contam Part A Chem Anal Control Expo Risk Assess 26:298-305. 2009..In this study, 13 HAs and 2 beta-carbolines (BCs) were analyzed in cooked Korean meat products, including griddled bacon, griddled pork loin, boiled pork loin, ..
- Copper redox-dependent activation of 2-tert-butyl(1,4)hydroquinone: formation of reactive oxygen species and induction of oxidative DNA damage in isolated DNA and cultured rat hepatocytesYunbo Li
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy and Allied Health Professions, St Albert Hall, St John s University, Jamaica, NY 11439, USA
Mutat Res 518:123-33. 2002..of O(2) and the generation of H(2)O(2) and TBQ could be completely blocked by bathocuproinedisulfonic acid (BCS) and reduced glutathione (GSH), two Cu(I)-chelators...
- [Budd-Chiari syndrome and TIPS--twelve years' experience]V Safka
Ustav fyziologie LF UK, Hradec Kralove
Cas Lek Cesk 144:38-42. 2005Massive thrombosis of hepatic veins is clinically the most serious type of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS). Ischemic impairment is the basic problem in case of acute or fulminate course of BCS...
- Effects of postpartum dietary fat and body condition score at parturition on plasma, adipose tissue, and milk fatty acid composition of lactating beef cowsS L Lake
Department of Animal Science, University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY 82071 3684, USA
J Anim Sci 85:717-30. 2007..conducted with lactating Angus x Gelbvieh beef cows to determine the effects of postpartum lipid supplementation, BCS at parturition, and day of lactation on fatty acid profiles in plasma, adipose tissue, and milk. In Exp...
- Body condition change ante- and postpartum, health and reproductive performance in German Holstein cowsM Hoedemaker
Production Medicine Unit, Clinic for Cattle, University of Veterinary Medicine Hannover, Bischofsholer Damm 15, Hannover, Germany
Reprod Domest Anim 44:167-73. 2009The effects of body condition score (BCS) change and status ante- and postpartum (pp) on health and reproductive performance in 234 German Holstein cows from eight dairy farms were evaluated...
- Genetic relationships between body condition score and reproduction traits in Canadian Holstein and Ayrshire first-parity cowsC Bastin
University of Liege, Gembloux Agro Bio Tech, Animal Science Unit, B 5030 Gembloux, Belgium
J Dairy Sci 93:2215-28. 2010The objective of this study was to investigate the genetic relationship between body condition score (BCS) and reproduction traits for first-parity Canadian Ayrshire and Holstein cows...
- Secretion of IGF-1 by ovine granulosa cells: effects of growth hormone and follicle stimulating hormoneM Khalid
Department of Farm Animal and Equine Medicine, The Royal Veterinary College, University of London, Hawkshead Lane, North Mymms, Harfield, Hertfordshire AL9 7TA, UK
Anim Reprod Sci 58:261-72. 2000..In the first set of experiments, cells were incubated in the presence of bovine calf serum (BCS) (2.5%) for the initial 48 h of culture...
- Histopathologic classification of breast cancer in Sweden and Italy: a comparison between two pathologistsD Palli
Epidemiology Unit, Florence, Italy
Tumori 78:247-9. 1992..Overall, comparison of diagnoses of 372 BCs according to a simplified WHO histologic classification system (in four combined categories) revealed agreement for ..
- [Local relapse in young (< or = 40 years) women with breast cancer after mastectomy or breast conserving surgery: 15-year results]Janos Fodor
Országos Onkológiai Intézet, 1122 Budapest, Ráth Gyorgy
Magy Onkol 49:203, 205-8. 2005Data from various sources indicate that after breast conserving surgery (BCS), younger patients have a high risk of local relapse, but there is insufficient evidence about the risk of post-mastectomy local recurrence...
- Effects of plane of nutrition and selenium supply during gestation on ewe and neonatal offspring performance, body composition, and serum seleniumA M Meyer
Department of Animal Sciences, North Dakota State University, Center for Nutrition and Pregnancy, Fargo 58108, USA
J Anim Sci 88:1786-800. 2010..From d 95 of gestation through parturition and d 20 of lactation, ewe BW and BCS were least (P <or= 0...
- Physicochemical profiling (solubility, permeability and charge state)A Avdeef
pION INC, Woburn, MA 01801, USA
Curr Top Med Chem 1:277-351. 2001..Poor solubility and poor permeability account for many PK failures. FDA's Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS) is an attempt to rationalize the critical components related to oral absorption...
- The use of drug metabolism for prediction of intestinal permeability (dagger)Mei Ling Chen
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, MD 20993, USA
Mol Pharm 6:74-81. 2009The Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS), based on the aqueous solubility and intestinal permeability of a drug substance, has been widely used to predict the extent of drug absorption during the course of pharmaceutical ..
- Access to multidisciplinary cancer care: is it linked to the use of breast-conserving surgery with radiation for early-stage breast carcinoma?Laura Mae Baldwin
Department of Family Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195 4696, USA
Cancer 100:701-9. 2004Breast-conserving surgery (BCS) with radiation (BCSR) requires a multidisciplinary care approach between surgeons and radiation oncologists.
- Breast-conserving surgery using projection and reproduction techniques of surgical-position breast MRI in patients with ductal carcinoma in situ of the breastMasahiro Sakakibara
Department of General Surgery, Chiba University Graduate School of Medicine, Chuoku, Chiba, Japan
J Am Coll Surg 207:62-8. 2008In this study, we report a breast-conserving surgery (BCS) approach that uses projection and reproduction techniques of breast MRI obtained in the surgical position to the breast surface in patients with ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS) ..
- Haemolytic activities and adjuvant effect of Bupleurum chinense saponins on the immune responses to ovalbumin in miceHong Xiang Sun
College of Animal Sciences, Zhejiang University, Kaixuan Road 268, Hangzhou, Zhejiang 310029, China
Vaccine 24:1324-31. 2006In this study, the haemolytic activities of Bupleurum chinense saponins (BCS) and its adjuvant potentials on the immune responses of ICR mice against ovalbumin (OVA) were evaluated...
- High levels of soluble Major Histocompatibility Complex class I related chain A (MICA) are associated with biliary cast syndrome after liver transplantationYizhou Zou
Department of Immunology, Xiang Ya School of Medicine, Central South University, Hunan, China
Transpl Immunol 21:210-4. 2009The biliary cast syndrome (BCS) is a frequent problem following liver transplantation. The pathogenesis of this complication is not well understood...
- Modified transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt in the treatment of Budd-Chiari syndromeX Wu
Research Institute of General Surgery, School of Medicine, Nanjing University, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China
Int J Clin Pract 64:460-4. 2010The aim of this study was to determine the outcome of a modified transjugular intrahepatic portosystemic shunt (MTIPS) in the treatment of the Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS, occlusion of the hepatic veins).
- Glutamate supply positively affects serum release of triiodothyronine and insulin across time without increases of glucose during the onset of puberty in female goatsC A Meza-Herrera
Universidad Autónoma Chapingo Unidad Regional Universitaria de Zonas Áridas A P No 8, Bermejillo, Durango 35230, Mexico
Anim Reprod Sci 125:74-80. 2011..52±1.04 kg LW, 3.4±0.12 body condition score [BCS], receiving an intravenous infusion of 7 mg kg(-1) live weight [LW] of l-glutamate, twice a week, and (ii) control ..
- A first look at variations in use of breast conserving surgery at five teaching hospitals in JapanTatsuro Ishizaki
Department of Healthcare Economics and Quality Management, School of Public Health, Kyoto University Graduate School of Medicine, Japan
Int J Qual Health Care 14:411-8. 2002We assessed variations in the use of breast conserving surgery (BCS) for operable breast cancer paticnts among hospitals in Japan, and then compared the length of stay (LOS) and total charges during hospitalization between patients who ..
- Understanding the breast cancer experience of women: a qualitative study of African American, Asian American, Latina and Caucasian cancer survivorsKimlin Tam Ashing-Giwa
Department of Psychiatry and Biobehavioral Sciences, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Psychooncology 13:408-28. 2004..We conducted a qualitative study with breast cancer survivors (BCS) of various ethnicities...
- Clinical importance of the basal cavernous sinuses and cavernous carotid arteries relative to the pituitary gland and macroadenomas: quantitative analysis of the complete anatomySelcuk Yilmazlar
Department of Neurosurgery, Uludag University, Gorukle 16059, Bursa, Turkey
Surg Neurol 70:165-74; discussion 174-5. 2008..Our aim was to quantitatively analyze anatomical and radiologic relationships among the BCS, the CCA, and the pituitary gland, as these structures are accessed during TSS.
- Prepartum dietary management of energy intake affects postpartum intake and lactation performance by primiparous and multiparous Holstein cowsN A Janovick
Department of Animal Sciences, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL, USA
J Dairy Sci 93:3086-102. 2010..and primiparous cows assigned to OVR gained body condition during the dry period [initial body condition score (BCS)=3.3], but were not overconditioned by parturition (BCS=3.5)...
- The effects of metabolizable energy intake on body fat depots of adult Pelibuey ewes fed roughage diets under tropical conditionsA J Chay-Canul
Facultad de Medicina Veterinaria y Zootecnia, Universidad Autonoma de Yucatan, Carr Mérida Xmatkuil km 15 5, Merida, Yucatan, Mexico
Trop Anim Health Prod 43:929-36. 2011..Eighteen 3-year-old Pelibuey ewes with similar body weight (BW) of 37.6 ± 4.0 kg and body condition score (BCS) of 2.5 ± 0.20 were randomly assigned to three groups of six ewes each in a completely randomized design...
- The suitability of an in situ perfusion model for permeability determinations: utility for BCS class I biowaiver requestsJae Seung Kim
TSRL, Inc, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48108, USA
Mol Pharm 3:686-94. 2006..studies for immediate release (IR) solid oral dosage forms based on the Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS)...
- Biopharmaceutics classification system: validation and learnings of an in vitro permeability assayVictoria E Thiel-Demby
GlaxoSmithKline, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA
Mol Pharm 6:11-8. 2009The Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS) is the scientific basis for classifying drugs based on their aqueous solubility and intestinal permeability that supports in vivo bioavailability and bioequivalence waivers for immediate-..
- Stage at diagnosis and treatment patterns among older women with breast cancer: an HMO and fee-for-service comparisonG F Riley
Health Care Financing Administration, Baltimore, MD 21244, USA
JAMA 281:720-6. 1999..Few studies have compared patterns of care in health maintenance organization (HMO) and fee-for-service (FFS) settings...
- Feasibility and midterm outcomes of percutaneous transhepatic balloon angioplasty for symptomatic Budd-Chiari syndrome secondary to hepatic venous obstructionTianxiao Li
Department of Interventional Radiology, People s Hospital of Henan Province, Zhengzhou, Henan, Peoples Republic of China
J Vasc Surg 50:1079-84. 2009This study evaluated the feasibility and outcomes of percutaneous transhepatic balloon angioplasty (PTBA) of the hepatic vein in the management of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) secondary to hepatic venous outflow obstruction.
- Initial body condition score affects hormone and metabolite response to nutritional restriction and repletion in yearling postpubertal beef heifersJ M Cassady
St Paul Beef Cattle Teaching and Research Facility, Department of Animal Science, University of Minnesota, St Paul, MN 55108, USA
J Anim Sci 87:2262-73. 2009..heifers (initial BW of 443 +/- 9 kg) were allotted randomly into 2 treatment groups to evaluate if initial BCS affects response of the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarian axis to metabolic signals elicited by energy restriction and ..
- [Mesoatrial shunt in Budd-Chiari syndrome]Darko Mirkovic
Klinika za abdominalnu i endokrinu hirurgiju, Beograd, Srbija
Vojnosanit Pregl 66:69-73. 2009Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) represents partial or total occlusion of the hepatic veins with or without simultaneous obstruction of vena cava inferior (VCI)...
- Effect of weaning date (normal vs. late) on performance of young and mature beef cows and their progeny in a fall calving system in the Southern Great PlainsM D Hudson
Department of Animal Science, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, USA
J Anim Sci 88:1577-87. 2010..Mature cows were heavier (P < 0.01) than young cows throughout the trial, although BCS was similar (P >or= 0.10) among cow age classes. Cow BW (P = 0.58) and BCS (P = 0...
- Storage time and eggshell colour of pheasant eggs vs. the number of blastodermal cells and hatchability resultsRadosław Kozuszek
Department of Poultry Science, Poznan University of Life Sciences, Witosa 45, 61 693 Poznań, Poland
Folia Biol (Krakow) 57:121-30. 2009..dark-brown and olive eggs were characterised by a similar and significantly higher (by about 48%) number of embryo BCs in comparison with light-brown and blue eggs...
- Patterns of initial management of node-negative breast cancer in two Canadian provinces. British Columbia/Ontario Working GroupV Goel
Department of Preventive Medicine and Biostatistics, University of Toronto
CMAJ 156:25-35. 1997..To describe the patterns of initial management of node-negative breast cancer in Ontario and British Columbia and to compare the characteristics of the patients and tumours and of the physicians and hospitals involved in management...
- Effects of body condition score and score change on the reproductive performance of dairy cows: a meta-analysisF Lopez-Gatius
Department of Animal Production, University of Lleida, Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingeniería Agraria, Avda Alcalde Rovira Roure 177, 25198 Lleida, Spain
Theriogenology 59:801-12. 2003A meta-analysis was conducted to evaluate the effects of body condition score (BCS) at parturition and at first AI, and of body condition change during the early lactation period on the variables pregnancy rate at first AI and number of ..
- Relationships among inflammatory cytokines, obesity, and insulin sensitivity in the horseM M Vick
Department of Veterinary Science, Maxwell Gluck Equine Research Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington 40546, USA
J Anim Sci 85:1144-55. 2007..Age was recorded and BCS and percent body fat (% FAT) were determined as measures of obesity in 60 mares...
- Effects of late gestation supplementation of rumen undegradable protein, vitamin E, zinc, and chlortetracycline to ewes on indices of immune transfer and productivityR R Redden
Department of Animal and Range Sciences, Montana State University, Bozeman 59717, USA
J Anim Sci 88:1125-34. 2010..Ewes of different age (Exp. 1; 3- vs. 6-yr-old; n = 52) and BCS (Exp. 2; good vs. poor BCS; 3.0 and 1.7 +/- 0...
- Breast conserving surgery for multifocal breast cancerWoosung Lim
Department of Surgery, University of Ulsan College of Medicine and Asan Medical Center, Songpa Gu, Seoul, Korea
Ann Surg 249:87-90. 2009The purpose of this study is to examine the oncological safety of breast conserving surgery (BCS) for patients with multifocal breast cancer.
- Genetics of body condition score in New Zealand dairy cowsJ E Pryce
Livestock Improvement Corporation Ltd, Private Bag 3016, Hamilton, New Zealand
J Dairy Sci 89:4424-32. 2006Body condition score (BCS) data were collected on 169,661 first-parity cows from herds participating in progeny testing schemes and linear type assessment...
- Milk production of dairy cows fed wet corn gluten feed during the dry period and lactationP J Kononoff
Department of Animal Science, University of Nebraska, Lincoln 68583 0908, USA
J Dairy Sci 89:2608-17. 2006..of feeding wet corn gluten feed (WCGF) on 305-d milk production, dry matter (DM) intake, body condition score (BCS), and health...
- Heritability of gross feed efficiency and associations with yield, intake, residual intake, body weight, and body condition score in 11 commercial Pennsylvania tie stallsJ E Vallimont
Department of Dairy and Animal Science, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA 16802, USA
J Dairy Sci 94:2108-13. 2011..by regressing daily DMI on daily milk, fat, and protein yields, body weight (BW), daily body condition score (BCS) gain or loss, the interaction between BW and BCS gain or loss, and days in milk (DIM)...
- Preliminary evaluation of magnetic resonance fresh blood imaging for diagnosis of Budd-Chiari syndromeKe Ren
Department of Radiology, First Affiliated Hospital of China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 120:95-9. 2007Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) is a rare disease with portal hypertension caused by the blockage of the hepatic vein and/or the inferior vena cava (IVC)...
- Effects of acclimation to human interaction on performance, temperament, physiological responses, and pregnancy rates of Brahman-crossbred cowsR F Cooke
Oregon State University, Eastern Oregon Agricultural Research Center, Burns 97720, USA
J Anim Sci 87:4125-32. 2009..Approximately 45 d after weaning (August 2006) in yr 1, cows were evaluated for BW, BCS, and temperament (chute score, pen score, and exit velocity), stratified by these measurements in addition to breed ..
- Associations among patterns in daily body weight, body condition scoring, and reproductive performance in high-producing dairy cowsM van Straten
Hachaklait, Mutual Society for Veterinary Services, Caesarea Industrial Park, Israel
J Dairy Sci 92:4375-85. 2009The objective was to investigate the associations between body condition scores (BCS) and daily body weight (BW) in the first 150 d of lactation (DIM) and reproductive performance in high-producing dairy cows...
- Effects of nutritional support on hospital outcome in dogs and catsMarcio A Brunetto
Department of Veterinary Clinic and Surgery, Sao Paulo State University UNESP, Jaboticabal, SP, Brazil
J Vet Emerg Crit Care (San Antonio) 20:224-31. 2010..the effects of assisted nutritional support on hospital outcome in dogs and cats, and the relationship between hospital outcome and energy intake, body condition score (BCS), physical status score, and type of nutritional support used.
- Carry-over effects of body condition in the early pregnant ewe on peri-partum adipose tissue metabolismJ Alvarez-Rodriguez
Centro de Investigación y Tecnología Agroalimentaria, Gobierno de Aragón, Zaragoza, Spain
J Anim Physiol Anim Nutr (Berl) 96:985-92. 2012..Forty-nine multiparous ewes were divided in three categories according to their body condition score (BCS) at day 30 of pregnancy (BCS < 3, 2.5-2.75; BCS = 3; BCS > 3, 3.25-3.5)...
- The utility of routine surveillance blood cultures in asymptomatic hematopoietic stem cell transplant patientsBindu Kanathezhath
Department of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital and Research Institute Oakland, Oakland, CA 94609, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 32:327-31. 2010Surveillance blood cultures (BCs) are often obtained in hematopoietic stem cell transplant (HSCT) patients for earlier detection of blood stream infections (BSI)...
- Body weight and body condition of breeding rabbits in commercial unitsL F De La Fuente
Depto de Producción Animal, Facultad de Veterinaria, Universidad de Leon, 24071 Leon, Spain
J Anim Sci 90:3252-8. 2012Live BW and BCS data were collected from 2,775 breeding rabbits (644 males and 2,131 females) of 34 genetic types and sorted according to their specialization (maternal, paternal, and others)...
- Mechanistic investigation of food effect on disintegration and dissolution of BCS class III compound solid formulations: the importance of viscosityAsma Radwan
Institute of Pharmacy and Biochemistry, Johannes Gutenberg University, Mainz, Germany
Biopharm Drug Dispos 33:403-16. 2012..of compounds together with food, has been attributed particularly with high solubility/low permeability compounds (BCS class III)...
- Surgical techniques for personalized oncoplastic surgery in breast cancer patients with small- to moderate-sized breasts (part 1): volume displacementJung Dug Yang
Department of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, Kyungpook National University School of Medicine, Daegu, Korea
J Breast Cancer 15:1-6. 2012Despite the popularity of breast-conserving surgery (BCS), which constitutes 50-60% of all breast cancer surgeries, discussions regarding cosmetic results after BCS are not specifically conducted...
- Survey on breast cancer patients in China toward breast-conserving surgeryLi Zhang
Department of Medical Oncology of Cancer Center, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, Chengdu, People s Republic of China
Psychooncology 21:488-95. 2012We sought to investigate attitudes toward breast-conserving therapy (BCS) in early-stage breast cancer (EBC) patients from P. R. China and assess the factors influencing their decision.
- Validation of a body condition scoring system in rhesus macaques (Macaca mulatta): assessment of body composition by using dual-energy X-ray absorptiometryLaura Summers
California National Primate Research Center, University of California, Davis, CA, USA
J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 51:88-93. 2012Body condition scoring (BCS) is a subjective semiquantitative method of assessing body fat and muscle by palpation of key anatomic features...
- Genetic parameters for anovulation and pregnancy loss in dairy cattleR L Bamber
Dairy Science Department, University of Wisconsin, Madison, WI 53706, USA
J Dairy Sci 92:5739-53. 2009..statistical model for anovulation included fixed effects [parity, herd-study-treatment, and body condition score (BCS)], covariates (inbreeding and milk yield), and random effects (sire and residual)...
- Sponge halogenated natural products found at parts-per-million levels in marine mammalsWalter Vetter
Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Department of Food Chemistry, Germany
Environ Toxicol Chem 21:2014-9. 2002Several unknown, abundant brominated compounds (BCs) were recently detected in the blubber of dolphins and other marine mammals from Queensland (northeast Australia)...
- Clinical impact of a real-time PCR assay for rapid identification of Staphylococcus aureus and determination of methicillin resistance from positive blood culturesV Cattoir
Department of Bacteriology Virology Infection Control Unit, Hopital Henri Mondor, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Universite Paris 12, Creteil, France
Clin Microbiol Infect 17:425-31. 2011The full identification and susceptibility profile of staphylococci from positive blood cultures (BCs) generally takes 24-48 h using phenotypic methods...
- Diagnostic accuracy of a new instrument for detecting cognitive dysfunction in an emergent psychiatric population: the Brief Cognitive ScreenSteven P Cercy
Mental Health Service, Veterans Affairs New York Harbor Healthcare System, New York Campus, Department of Psychiatry, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY, USA
Acad Emerg Med 17:307-15. 2010..The authors developed a new cognitive screening instrument, the Brief Cognitive Screen (BCS), with the aim of improving diagnostic accuracy for cognitive dysfunction in the psychiatric emergency department (..
- Different effects of low Ca2+ on signal transmission from rods and cones to bipolar cells in carp retinaHong Ping Xu
Institute of Neurobiology, Fudan University, 220 Handan Road, 200433, Shanghai, PR China
Brain Res 957:136-43. 2002..Low Ca(2+) (nominally Ca(2+)-free) potentiated light responses of rod dominant ON bipolar cells (rod-ON-BCs)...
- The contribution of blood cultures to the clinical management of adult patients admitted to the hospital with community-acquired pneumonia: a prospective observational studySamuel G Campbell
Department of Emergency Medicine, Dalhousie University, Halifax, NS, Canada
Chest 123:1142-50. 2003To assess the clinical usefulness of blood cultures (BCs) in the management of patients hospitalized with community-acquired pneumonia (CAP).
- Heritabilities and correlations among body condition score, dairy form and selected linear type traitsC D Dechow
Dept of Animal Science, University of Tennessee, 2640 Morgan Circle, Knoxville, TN 37996, USA
J Dairy Sci 86:2236-42. 2003The objectives of this study were to estimate the heritability of body condition score (BCS) with data that could be used to generate genetic evaluations for BCS in the US, and to estimate the relationship among BCS, dairy form and ..
- Budd-Chiari syndrome: diagnosis with three-dimensional contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiographyJiang Lin
Department of Radiology, Affiliated Zhongshan Hospital, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:2317-21. 2003To evaluate the role of three-dimensional contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance angiography (3D CE MRA) in the diagnosis of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS).
- Impaired fibrinolysis as a risk factor for Budd-Chiari syndromeJildou Hoekstra
Departments of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus University Medical Center, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Blood 115:388-95. 2010In Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS), thrombosis develops in the hepatic veins or inferior vena cava...
- Membranous Budd-Chiari syndrome in CaucasiansSandra Ciesek
Department of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endocrinology, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Scand J Gastroenterol 45:226-34. 2010Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) is characterized by an obstruction of hepatic venous outflow. Membranous obstruction of the inferior vena cava (IVC) is a curable cause of primary BCS but is very rare in Western Europe...
- Prediction of solubility and permeability class membership: provisional BCS classification of the world's top oral drugsArik Dahan
University of Michigan College of Pharmacy, 428 Church Street, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 1065, USA
AAPS J 11:740-6. 2009The Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS) categorizes drugs into one of four biopharmaceutical classes according to their water solubility and membrane permeability characteristics and broadly allows the prediction of the rate-..
- Effects of twin pregnancy and dry period feeding strategy on milk production, energy balance, and metabolic profiles in dairy cowsN Silva-Del-Rio
Department of Dairy Science, University of Wisconsin, Madison 53706, USA
J Anim Sci 88:1048-60. 2010..001) for cows with T than for cows with S. No differences (P > 0.10) were detected in prepartum BCS or BCS change with PT or D. Energy balance (EB) was greater for cows with S than with T (P < 0...
- Socioeconomic status, immigration/acculturation, and ethnic variations in breast conserving surgery, San Francisco Bay areaScarlett L Gomez
Northern California Cancer Center, Union City, CA 94587, USA
Ethn Dis 14:134-40. 2004Previous studies have demonstrated substantial variations in breast conserving surgery (BCS) across sociodemographic groups...
- Genetic relationships between calving interval and body condition score conditional on milk yieldJ E Pryce
Animal Breeding and Genetics Department, Scottish Agricultural College, Edinburgh, UK
J Dairy Sci 85:1590-5. 2002Body condition score (BCS) is a useful tool in assessing the energy status of dairy cattle. Previous research has shown that it is heritable and genetically correlated to reproductive performance...
- The effect of body condition at calving and supplementation with Saccharomyces cerevisiae on energy status and some reproductive parameters in early lactation dairy cowsR M AlIbrahim
School of Agriculture, Food Science and Veterinary Medicine, University College Dublin, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland
Anim Reprod Sci 121:63-71. 2010..on PP energy status and fertility indices of dairy cows managed to have low or high body condition score (BCS, 1-5 scale) at calving...
- Common genetic variants near the Brittle Cornea Syndrome locus ZNF469 influence the blinding disease risk factor central corneal thicknessYi Lu
Genetics and Population Health, Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Australia
PLoS Genet 6:e1000947. 2010..95x10(-11). The nearest gene to the associated chromosome 16 SNPs was ZNF469, a locus recently implicated in Brittle Cornea Syndrome (BCS), a very rare disorder characterized by abnormal thin ..
- Epidermal growth factor, estrogen, and progesterone receptor expression in primary sweat gland carcinomas and primary and metastatic mammary carcinomasK J Busam
Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York 10021, USA
Mod Pathol 12:786-93. 1999..of 42 primary sweat gland carcinomas (SGCs) with 30 metastases from breast carcinoma (BC) to the skin, 125 primary BCs, and 30 noncutaneous metastases from BCs...
- Maintenance energy requirement determination of cats after spayingYuka Mitsuhashi
Department of Small Animal Clinical Sciences, Companion Animal Nutrition Research Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Texas A and M University, College Station, TX 77843 4474, USA
Br J Nutr 106:S135-8. 2011..adult female cats were fed complete and balanced diets in amounts to maintain their BW and body condition score (BCS) before the present study. All cats were spayed and the diet was fed for 11 weeks using the same MER as previously...
- Influence of body condition score on live and carcass value of cull beef cowsJ K Apple
Department of Animal Science, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville 72701, USA
J Anim Sci 77:2610-20. 1999Mature beef cows (n = 88) were slaughtered to determine the influence of body condition score (BCS) on carcass and live animal value. Cows were weighed and assigned a BCS (9-point scale), 24 h before slaughter...
- Short communication: estimates of genetic parameters of body condition score in the first 3 lactations using a random regression animal modelS Loker
Centre for Genetic Improvement of Livestock, Department of Animal and Poultry Science, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada N1G 2W1
J Dairy Sci 94:3693-9. 2011The objective of this research was to estimate the genetic parameters of body condition score (BCS) in the first 3 lactations in Canadian Holstein dairy cattle using a multiple-lactation random regression animal model...
- What drove changes in the use of breast conserving surgery since the early 1980s? The role of the clinical trial, celebrity action and an NIH consensus statementX Du
Department of Internal Medicine and Sealy Center on Aging, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555 0460, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 62:71-9. 2000..Three important events in the history of breast cancer treatment occurred between 1983 and 1995: a large clinical trial, first lady Nancy Reagan's choice of mastectomy and the publishing of an NIH consensus statement...
- Heritabilities and correlations among body condition scores, production traits, and reproductive performanceC D Dechow
Department of Dairy and Animal Science, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park 16802, USA
J Dairy Sci 84:266-75. 2001The objectives of this study were to estimate the heritability of body condition scores (BCS) from producer and consultant-recorded data and to describe the genetic and phenotypic relationships among BCS, production traits, and ..
- Effect of GnRH pretreatment on reproductive performance of postpartum suckled beef cows following synchronization of estrus using GnRH and PGF2alphaJ M DeJarnette
Select Sires, Inc, Plain City, OH 43064, USA
J Anim Sci 79:1675-82. 2001..In Exp. 1, Angus cows (n = 87) were randomly assigned by parity, postpartum interval, and body condition score (BCS) to receive either 1) GnRH on d -7 and PGF2alpha on d 0 (GP) or 2) the GP treatment and an additional injection of ..
- Short communication: genetic relationships among daily energy balance, feed intake, body condition score, and fat to protein ratio of milk in dairy cowsN Buttchereit
Institute of Animal Breeding and Husbandry, Christian Albrechts University, D 24118 Kiel, Germany
J Dairy Sci 94:1586-91. 2011..balance (EB) and dry matter intake (DMI), weekly milk fat to protein ratio (FPR), and monthly body condition score (BCS) were estimated using random regression on data collected from 682 Holstein-Friesian primiparous cows recorded ..
- Genetic correlations among body condition score, yield, and fertility in first-parity cows estimated by random regression modelsR F Veerkamp
Institute for Animal Science and Health, ID Lelystad, PO Box 65, 8200 AB Lelystad, The Netherlands
J Dairy Sci 84:2327-35. 2001Twenty type classifiers scored body condition (BCS) of 91,738 first-parity cows from 601 sires and 5518 maternal grandsires...
- Survey of quality defects in market beef and dairy cows and bulls sold through livestock auction markets in the Western United States: I. Incidence ratesJ K Ahola
Cooperative Extension System, University of Idaho, Moscow 83844, USA
J Anim Sci 89:1474-83. 2011..However, 19.5% of dairy cows and 13.1% of dairy bulls weighed less than 545 kg. Mean BCS for beef cattle (9-point scale) was 4.7 ± 1.2 (cows) and 5.3 ± 0...
- Relationships among body condition score, milk constituents, and postpartum luteal function in Norwegian dairy cowsO Reksen
Norwegian School of Veterinary Science, Department of Reproduction and Forensic Medicine, Oslo
J Dairy Sci 85:1406-15. 2002Relationships among body condition score (BCS), milk constituents, and resumption of postpartum luteal function were studied in 162 lactations of first- and second-parity Norwegian dairy cows...
- Survival of women after breast conserving surgery for early stage breast cancer- Du Xianglin
Department of Internal Medicine, Department of Preventive Medicine and Community Health, Sealy Center on Aging, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston 77555 0460, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 72:23-31. 2002Increasing numbers of older women with breast cancer are receiving breast-conserving surgery (BCS). However, substantial numbers of them are not receiving either axillary dissection or adjuvant irradiation.
- Surgeon recommendations and receipt of mastectomy for treatment of breast cancerMonica Morrow
Breast Surgery Service, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Ave, New York, NY 10065, USA
JAMA 302:1551-6. 2009..There is concern that mastectomy is overused in the United States...
- The impact of intra-operative specimen radiographs on specimen weights for wide local excision of breast cancerA R Carmichael
Princess Royal Hospital, Lewes Road, Haywards Heath, UK
Breast 13:325-8. 2004The ultimate goal of breast conserving surgery (BCS) is to achieve survival and local control rates similar to those for mastectomy while providing improved cosmetic and functional results...
- Altering the representation of hormones and adding consideration of gestational metabolism in a metabolic cow model reduced prediction errorsM D Hanigan
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg 24061, USA
J Dairy Sci 92:5043-56. 2009..However, prediction bias has been observed for body weight (BW) and body condition score (BCS) when diets of differing energy density are simulated over long periods...
- Appropriateness of early breast cancer management in relation to patient and hospital characteristics: a population based study in Northern ItalyR Rosato
Department of Psychology, University of Torino, Torino, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 117:349-56. 2009..Women treated with breast-conserving surgery followed by radiotherapy (BCS + RT) were compared to those treated with BCS without radiotherapy (BCS w/o RT) or mastectomy using multinomial ..
- Intervals longer than 20 weeks from breast-conserving surgery to radiation therapy are associated with inferior outcome for women with early-stage breast cancer who are not receiving chemotherapyIvo A Olivotto
BC Cancer Agency Vancouver Island Centre, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
J Clin Oncol 27:16-23. 2009To determine the interval from breast-conserving surgery (BCS) to radiation therapy (RT) that affects local control or survival.
- Association of contextual factors and breast cancer screening: finding new targets to promote early detectionDavid Litaker
Department of Medicine, Louis Stokes Cleveland Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Cleveland, Ohio 44106, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 16:36-45. 2007Disparities in breast cancer screening (BCS) exist within the United States...
- Vascular liver disorders (I): diagnosis, treatment and prognosis of Budd-Chiari syndromeJ Hoekstra
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus Medical Center, University Medical Center Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Neth J Med 66:334-9. 2008Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) is a venous outflow obstruction of the liver that has a dismal outcome if left untreated...
- Minimal access breast surgery: a single breast incision for breast conservation surgery and sentinel lymph node biopsyA J Spillane
The University of Sydney, Northern Clinical School, Sydney, NSW, Australia
Eur J Surg Oncol 35:380-6. 2009Minimal access breast surgery (MABS) is a procedure that completes breast conservation surgery (BCS) and sentinel node biopsy (SNB) through a single incision...
- Budd-Chiari syndrome in Sweden: epidemiology, clinical characteristics and survival - an 18-year experienceRupesh Rajani
Department of Medicine, Ryhov County Hospital, Jonkoping, Sweden
Liver Int 29:253-9. 2009The exact incidence and prevalence of Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS) is unknown in the general population. Published reports differ in terms of the clinical characteristics, effects of therapy and survival.
- Prevalence of obese dogs in a population of dogs with cancerLisa P Weeth
Veterinary Medical Teaching Hospital, School of Veterinary Medicine, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Am J Vet Res 68:389-98. 2007To determine the body condition score (BCS) distribution for dogs examined at a teaching hospital and examine whether the BCS distribution for dogs with cancer differed significantly from the distribution for dogs without cancer.
- Can the model for end-stage liver disease be used to predict the prognosis in patients with Budd-Chiari syndrome?Sarwa Darwish Murad
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Erasmus University Medical Center Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Liver Transpl 13:867-74. 2007..objective scoring system for end-stage liver disease (ESLD) but has never been evaluated for Budd-Chiari syndrome (BCS). We investigated whether MELD can be used to predict survival in patients with BCS...
- Characterization of HIN1 Putative Tumor SuppressorIan Krop; Fiscal Year: 2003..is highly expressed in normal breast epithelial cells, but lost in >90% of primary pre-invasive and invasive BCs and BC cell lines...
- Long-term Survivorship in Older Women with Early Stage Breast CancerRebecca Silliman; Fiscal Year: 2009..2) To determine the cost-effectiveness of standard primary tumor therapy (breast conserving surgery [BCS] followed by radiation therapy or mastectomy) and adjuvant (tamoxifen) therapy, compared with less-than- standard ..
- Long-term Survivorship in Older Women with Early Stage Breast CancerRebecca A Silliman; Fiscal Year: 2010..2) To determine the cost-effectiveness of standard primary tumor therapy (breast conserving surgery [BCS] followed by radiation therapy or mastectomy) and adjuvant (tamoxifen) therapy, compared with less-than- standard ..
- Local Therapy of Breast Cancer in Community PopulationsNancy Keating; Fiscal Year: 2007..conservation offers survival rates equivalent to mastectomy and (b) patients undergoing breast-conserving surgery (BCS) should also receive radiation. These statements are based on clinical trial data; however, only 2...
- Developing a Tool to Improve the Quality of Breast Cancer Treatment DecisionsSarah Hawley; Fiscal Year: 2007..For the past decade there has been debate around whether mastectomy or breast conserving surgery (BCS) with radiation is the "best" treatment for early stage breast cancer...
- Roles of SRC-3 in Development and DiseaseJianming Xu; Fiscal Year: 2010..While SRC3 is expressed in the basal cells (BCs) but not expressed in the normal exocrine luminal epithelial cells (ELECs), it is overexpressed in the advanced ..
- Roles of SRC-3 in Development and DiseaseJianming Xu; Fiscal Year: 2009..While SRC3 is expressed in the basal cells (BCs) but not expressed in the normal exocrine luminal epithelial cells (ELECs), it is overexpressed in the advanced ..
- METANALYSIS COGNITIVE NEUROIMAGING: METHODS VALIDATIONSPeter Fox; Fiscal Year: 2002..semantics) for the behaviors used and mental operations experimentally mapped, termed the Behavioral Coding Scheme (BCS)...
- ROD AND CONE SIGNALING PATHWAYS IN MAMMALIAN RETINASamuel M Wu; Fiscal Year: 2010..of four strains of pathway-specific mutant mice to elucidate how mammalian rod and cone signals are transmitted to BCs, ACs and GCs, and to determine whether the mammalian-specific circuitry rules are totally valid, as recent evidence ..
- Outcomes of Omission of Radiation With Lumpectomy (BCS) Among Low-Income WomenRoger Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2007ABSTRACT Title: Outcomes of Omission of Radiation With Lumpectomy (BCS) Among Low-Income Women Background: There is little information describing the patterns of health care and outcomes in financially needy women with breast cancer in ..
- Outcomes of Omission of Radiation With Lumpectomy (BCS) Among Low-Income WomenRoger Anderson; Fiscal Year: 2007Outcomes of Omission of Radiation With Lumpectomy (BCS) Among Low-Income Women Background: There is little information describing the patterns of health care and outcomes in financially needy women with breast cancer in the United ..
- Menkes protein:copper transport in the pituitaryTAMI STEVESON; Fiscal Year: 2002..The copper chelators, bathocuproinedisulfonic acid (BCS) and Disulfiram (Antabuse), will be used to determine if a reduction of copper levels affects the behavior of ..
- Optical studies of the cone photoreceptor synapseRichard H Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2011..The connections between cone photoreceptors and their postsynaptic targets, bipolar and horizontal cells (BCs and HCs), are the first synapses in the visual system...
- Optical studies of the cone photoreceptor synapseRichard H Kramer; Fiscal Year: 2010The connections between cone photoreceptors and their postsynaptic targets, bipolar and horizontal cells (BCs and HCs), are the first synapses in the visual system...
- PHYSIOLOGY AND PHARMACOLOGY OF SYNAPSES IN THE RETINASamuel Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..underlying the center-surround antagonistic receptive field (CSARF) organization of retinal bipolar cells (BCs), and how BCs form parallel information channels for signal processing in the retina...
- PHYSIOLOGY AND PHARMACOLOGY OF SYNAPSES IN THE RETINASamuel Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..underlying the center-surround antagonistic receptive field (CSARF) organization of retinal bipolar cells (BCs), and how BCs form parallel information channels for signal processing in the retina...
- Rural Long-Term Cancer Survivors and Contextual Health-related Quality of LifeLELI PEDRO; Fiscal Year: 2010..Furthermore breast cancer survivors (BCS) make up 41% of all cancer survivors yet this group remains poorly understood in the rural setting...
- Comparison of Aerobic and Resistance Exercise in Older Breast Cancer SurvivorsKerri Winters Stone; Fiscal Year: 2007..effects of aerobic exercise and resistance exercise for inactive older (aged 65+) breast cancer survivors (BCS) at least two years post- treatment...
- Comparison of Aerobic and Resistance Exercise in Older Breast Cancer SurvivorsKerri Winters Stone; Fiscal Year: 2009..effects of aerobic exercise and resistance exercise for inactive older (aged 65+) breast cancer survivors (BCS) at least two years post- treatment...
- Enabling family communication about cancer - Do you know your Kin Facts?JOANN NORMA BODURTHA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specific aims: 1. Assess the effect of the Kin Fact program on communication about FH of BCs and CCs. We will investigate race/ethnicity and education as effect modifiers. 2...
- Enabling family communication about cancer - Do you know your Kin Facts?Joann Bodurtha; Fiscal Year: 2009..Specific aims: 1. Assess the effect of the Kin Fact program on communication about FH of BCs and CCs. We will investigate race/ethnicity and education as effect modifiers. 2...
- Integrative Training Progran in VisionEDWARD ADELSON; Fiscal Year: 2007..The Department of Brain and Cognitive Sciences (BCS) has a very broad range of research and teaching in the vision sciences, with particular expertise in visual ..
- Enabling family communication about cancer - Do you know your Kin Facts?JOANN NORMA BODURTHA; Fiscal Year: 2010..Specific aims: 1. Assess the effect of the Kin Fact program on communication about FH of BCs and CCs. We will investigate race/ethnicity and education as effect modifiers. 2...
- BIRMINGHAM SCIENCE EDUCATION PARTNERSHIP (BSEP) PHASE ISTEPHEN HAJDUK; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract): The University of Alabama at Birmingham, McWane Science Center and the Birmingham City Schools (BCS) propose a highly coordinated program to provide high school science teachers and their students with a laboratory-..
- Role of Cellular Lipoprotein in PrPSen>PrPRes ConversionAbraham Grossman; Fiscal Year: 2004..This model is composed of proteinase K (pK) sensitive PrP (PrPSen) and a high molecular weight component of BCS that, in combination with RNA, generates a pK-resistant form of PrP (PrPRes)...
- BIRMINGHAM SCIENCE EDUCATION PARTNERSHIP (BSEP) PHASE IMary Williams; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract): The University of Alabama at Birmingham, McWane Science Center and the Birmingham City Schools (BCS) propose a highly coordinated program to provide high school science teachers and their students with a laboratory-..
- Radiation Therapy in Older Breast Cancer PatientsMario Schootman; Fiscal Year: 2002..are less likely than their urban counterparts to receive radiation therapy (XRT) following conservative surgery (BCS) for stage I-II breast cancer. XRT is recommended by the NIH for these women, but rural elderly women are 1...
- Breast Tissue ablation by Conductive HeatingGal Shafirstein; Fiscal Year: 2007..At these early stages, breast cancer patients can be treated via breast conservation surgery (BCS)...
- Insomnia Intervention for Breast Cancer SurvivorsDana Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2003..efficacy of non-pharmacological treatment for patients most at need and at risk such as breast cancer survivors (BCS)...