Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: ZFP57
Description: ZFP57 zinc finger protein
Alias: C6orf40, TNDM1, ZNF698, bA145L22, bA145L22.2, zfp-57, zinc finger protein 57 homolog, zinc finger protein 698
- A novel nuclear protein with zinc fingers down-regulated during early mammalian cell differentiationS Okazaki
Department of Biochemistry, Kumamoto University School of Medicine, Japan
J Biol Chem 269:6900-7. 1994..Immunocytochemical analysis revealed that this protein is localized in the nucleus. These findings suggest that the Zfp-57 protein is a DNA-binding protein...
- Identification by gene coregulation mapping of novel genes involved in embryonic stem cell differentiationJeroen L A Pennings
Laboratory for Health Protection Research, National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, Bilthoven, The Netherlands
Stem Cells Dev 20:115-26. 2011..For 6 of these genes (Apobec2, Cth, Ptges, Rrad, Zfp57, and 2410146L05Rik), literature data on mouse knockout phenotypes support their putative function...
- Silver-Russell patients showing a broad range of ICR1 and ICR2 hypomethylation in different tissuesM Begemann
Institute of Human Genetics, RWTH, Aachen, Germany
Clin Genet 80:83-8. 2011..mutation screening of several factors involved in establishment and maintenance of methylation marks including ZFP57, MBD3, DNMT1 and DNMT3L the molecular clue for the ICR1/ICR2 hypomethylation in our patients remained unclear...
- Transient neonatal diabetes mellitus type 1Deborah J G Mackay
University of Southampton, UK
Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet 154:335-42. 2010..genes throughout the genome, and the majority of these patients have mutations in the transcription factor ZFP57. TNDM1 with maternal hypomethylation has also been observed in patients conceived by assisted reproduction, and in ..
- 6q24 transient neonatal diabetesI Karen Temple
Academic Unit of Genetic Medicine, Princess Anne Hospital, Coxford Road, Southampton, SO16 5YA, UK
Rev Endocr Metab Disord 11:199-204. 2010..In some individuals, diabetes may be the initial presentation of a more complex imprinting disorder due to recessive mutations in the gene ZFP57 and may be associated with other developmental problems.
- Pervasive haplotypic variation in the spliceo-transcriptome of the human major histocompatibility complexClaire Vandiedonck
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, Oxford University, Oxford, UK
Genome Res 21:1042-54. 2011..4%), most significantly the zing finger protein gene ZFP57. Differentially expressed probes are correlated with polymorphisms between haplotypes, consistent with cis effects ..
- No evidence for pathogenic variants or maternal effect of ZFP57 as the cause of Beckwith-Wiedemann SyndromeSusanne E Boonen
Center for Applied Human Molecular Genetics, The Kennedy Center, Glostrup, Denmark
Eur J Hum Genet 20:119-21. 2012..5. The underlying defect of this hypomethylation is largely unknown. Recently, recessive mutations of the ZFP57 gene were reported in patients with transient neonatal diabetes mellitus type 1, showing hypomethylation at ..
- ZFP57: KAPturing DNA Methylation at Imprinted LociFolami Y Ideraabdullah
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, 415 Curie Boulevard, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Mol Cell 44:341-2. 2011In this issue of Molecular Cell, Quenneville et al. (2011) characterize the role of ZFP57 in the maintenance of DNA methylation at imprinting control regions (ICRs), revealing an allele-specific binding pattern, binding motif, and ..
- In embryonic stem cells, ZFP57/KAP1 recognize a methylated hexanucleotide to affect chromatin and DNA methylation of imprinting control regionsSimon Quenneville
School of Life Sciences and Frontiers in Genetics Program, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, 1015 Lausanne, Switzerland
Mol Cell 44:361-72. 2011..Here, we reveal that ZFP57, its cofactor KAP1, and associated effectors bind selectively to the H3K9me3-bearing, DNA-methylated allele of ..
- The effect of single nucleotide polymorphisms from genome wide association studies in multiple sclerosis on gene expressionAdam E Handel
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
PLoS ONE 5:e10142. 2010..We investigated whether these genetic variations were associated with alteration in gene expression...
- Extending the maternal-zygotic effect with genomic imprintingXiajun Li
Department of Developmental and Regenerative Biology, Black Family Stem Cell Institute, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
Mol Hum Reprod 16:695-703. 2010..The molecular mechanisms underlying genomic imprinting are poorly understood. Mouse Zfp57 is the first example of a mammalian maternal-zygotic effect gene and it exhibits maternal-zygotic embryonic ..
- Identification and characterization of ZFP-57, a novel zinc finger transcription factor in the mammalian peripheral nervous systemMaria B Duran Alonso
Department of Anatomy and Developmental Biology, University College London, Gower Street, London WC1E 6BT, United Kingdom
J Biol Chem 279:25653-64. 2004..Zfp-57 mRNA is up-regulated in Schwann cells in response to leukemia inhibitory factor and fibroblast growth factor 2...
- Jmjd1a and Jmjd2c histone H3 Lys 9 demethylases regulate self-renewal in embryonic stem cellsYuin Han Loh
Gene Regulation Laboratory, Genome Institute of Singapore, Singapore 138672
Genes Dev 21:2545-57. 2007..Jmjd1a demethylates H3K9Me2 at the promoter regions of Tcl1, Tcfcp2l1, and Zfp57 and positively regulates the expression of these pluripotency-associated genes...
- Hypomethylation of multiple imprinted loci in individuals with transient neonatal diabetes is associated with mutations in ZFP57Deborah J G Mackay
Division of Human Genetics, University of Southampton, Southampton SO16 6YD, UK
Nat Genet 40:949-51. 2008..We now report mutations in ZFP57, which encodes a zinc-finger transcription factor expressed in early development, in seven pedigrees with a shared ..
- A KRAB domain zinc finger protein in imprinting and diseaseRyutaro Hirasawa
Institute of Molecular Genetics, CNRS and University of Montpellier, 1919 Route de Mende, 34293 Montpellier, France
Dev Cell 15:487-8. 2008..Li et al. (2008) show in this issue of Developmental Cell that the KRAB zinc finger protein Zfp57 contributes to the embryonic maintenance of these imprints...
- A maternal-zygotic effect gene, Zfp57, maintains both maternal and paternal imprintsXiajun Li
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Cell 15:547-57. 2008..We generated a knockout mouse in the Zfp57 locus encoding a KRAB zinc finger protein...
- DNA hypomethylation, transient neonatal diabetes, and prune belly sequence in one of two identical twinsLene Bjerke Laborie
Department of Pediatrics, Haukeland University Hospital, 5021 Bergen, Norway
Eur J Pediatr 169:207-13. 2010..Microsatellite marker analysis confirmed the twins being monozygotic. We identified no mutations in ZFP57, KCNJ11, ABCC8, GCK, HNF1A, HNF1B, HNF3B, IPF1, PAX4, or ZIC3...
- Screening for genomic variants in ZFP57 in Silver-Russell syndrome patients with 11p15 epimutationsSabrina Spengler
Institute of Human Genetics, RWTH Aachen, Germany
Eur J Med Genet 52:415-6. 2009..In >38% of SRS cases a hypomethylation of the H19/IGF2 DMR in 11p15 can be detected. Recently, ZFP57 mutations have been identified as a cause of hypomethylation of multiple imprinted loci...
- Zinc finger protein ZFP57 requires its co-factor to recruit DNA methyltransferases and maintains DNA methylation imprint in embryonic stem cells via its transcriptional repression domainXiaopan Zuo
Black Family Stem Cell Institute, Department of Developmental and Regenerative Biology, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, New York 10029, USA
J Biol Chem 287:2107-18. 2012Previously, we discovered that ZFP57 is a maternal-zygotic effect gene, and it maintains DNA methylation genomic imprint at multiple imprinted regions in mouse embryos...
- Genome-wide association study reveals multiple nasopharyngeal carcinoma-associated loci within the HLA region at chromosome 6p21.3Ka Po Tse
Genomic Medicine Core, Chang Gung Molecular Medicine Research Center, Chang Gung University, Taoyuan, Taiwan
Am J Hum Genet 85:194-203. 2009..3 are associated with NPC. Although some of these relationships may be attributed to linkage disequilibrium between the loci, the findings clearly provide a fresh direction for the study of NPC development...
- Acquisition and maintenance of DNA methylation in genomic imprintingXiajun Li; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our preliminary results indicate that ZFP57 appears to be required for cardiovascular development...