Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: XRCC1
Description: X-ray repair complementing defective repair in Chinese hamster cells 1
Alias: RCC, DNA repair protein XRCC1, X-ray repair cross-complementing protein 1
Publications297 found, 100 shown here
- A requirement for PARP-1 for the assembly or stability of XRCC1 nuclear foci at sites of oxidative DNA damageSherif F El-Khamisy
Genome Damage and Stability Centre, University of Sussex, Falmer Brighton BN1 9RQ, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 31:5526-33. 2003..Here, we show that the single-strand break repair protein XRCC1 is rapidly assembled into discrete nuclear foci after oxidative DNA damage at sites of poly (ADP-ribose) synthesis...
- XRCC1 is specifically associated with poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase and negatively regulates its activity following DNA damageM Masson
UPR 9003 du Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Cancerogenese et Mutagenese Moleculaire et Structurale, Ecole Superieure de Biotechnologie de Strasbourg, 67400 Illkirch Graffenstaden, France
Mol Cell Biol 18:3563-71. 1998..We have identified a physical association between PARP and the base excision repair (BER) protein XRCC1 (X-ray repair cross-complementing 1) in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae system, which was further confirmed to exist ..
- Polymorphisms of DNA repair genes and risk of non-small cell lung cancerShanbeh Zienolddiny
Department of Toxicology, National Institute of Occupational Health, Oslo, Norway
Carcinogenesis 27:560-7. 2006..NER) genes XPA, ERCC1, ERCC2/XPD, ERCC4/XPF and ERCC5/XPG; base excision repair (BER) genes APE1/APEX, OGG1, MPG, XRCC1, PCNA, POLB, POLiota, LIG3 and EXO1; double-strand break repair (DSB-R) genes XRCC2, XRCC3, XRCC9, NBS1 and ATR; ..
- The protein kinase CK2 facilitates repair of chromosomal DNA single-strand breaksJoanna I Loizou
Genome Damage and Stability Centre, University of Sussex, Science Park Road, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9RQ, United Kingdom
Cell 117:17-28. 2004..We show that this essential protein kinase phosphorylates the scaffold protein XRCC1 and thereby enables the assembly and activity of DNA single-strand break repair protein complexes in vitro and at ..
- Genetic polymorphisms in the base excision repair pathway and cancer risk: a HuGE reviewRayjean J Hung
Genetic Epidemiology Group, International Agency for Research on Cancer, Lyon, France
Am J Epidemiol 162:925-42. 2005..glycosylase (OGG1), apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (APE1/APEX1), and x-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1). They found increased lung cancer risk among subjects carrying the OGG1 Cys/Cys genotype (odds ratio (OR) = 1...
- X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) genetic polymorphisms and risk of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: a meta-analysisLibing Wang
Department of Hematology, Second Military Medical University, Changhai Hospital, Shanghai, China
PLoS ONE 7:e34897. 2012Recently, there have been a number of studies on the association between XRCC1 polymorphisms and childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) risk. However, the results of previous reports are inconsistent...
- X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) genetic polymorphisms and cervical cancer risk: a huge systematic review and meta-analysisYa Li
Division of Reproductive Medical Center, West China Second University Hospital of Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan Province, People s Republic of China
PLoS ONE 7:e44441. 2012Previous studies investigating the association between X-ray repair cross-complementation group 1(XRCC1) polymorphisms and cervical cancer (CC) risk has provided inconsistent results...
- Glioma risk associates with polymorphisms of DNA repair genes, XRCC1 and PARP1Elif Yosunkaya
Department of Medical Genetics, Cerrahpasa Medical School, Istanbul University, Turkey
Br J Neurosurg 24:561-5. 2010..b>XRCC1 and PARP1 are two proteins that act cooperatively in base excision repair (BER) of DNA...
- XRCC1 Arg399Gln and Arg194Trp polymorphisms in prostate cancer risk: a meta-analysisB Wei
Department of Urology, Affiliated Wuxi People s Hospital of Nanjing Medical University, Wuxi, China
Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis 14:225-31. 2011Epidemiological studies have evaluated the association between X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 gene (XRCC1) Arg399Gln and Arg194Trp polymorphisms and risk of prostate cancer (PCa)...
- DNA repair polymorphisms and cancer risk in non-smokers in a cohort studyG Matullo
ISI Foundation and Department of Genetics, Biology and Biochemistry, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Carcinogenesis 27:997-1007. 2006..Among the many comparisons, few polymorphisms were associated with the diseases at the univariate analysis: XRCC1-399 Gln/Gln variant homozygotes [odds ratios (OR) = 2.20, 95% confidence intervals (CI) = 1.16-4...
- Identification of genetic variants in base excision repair pathway and their associations with risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinomaBingtao Hao
Laboratory of Systems Biology, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Cancer Res 64:4378-84. 2004..2 in the coding regions (ADPRT Val762Ala and MBD4 Glu346Lys) and others in noncoding regions (LIG3 A3704G and XRCC1 T-77C), remained as significant predictors for the risk of ESCC. The adjusted odd ratios were 1...
- The Arg194Trp polymorphism in the XRCC1 gene and cancer risk in Chinese Mainland population: a meta-analysisJin Huang
West China Hospital West China Medical School, Sichuan University, Chengdu, Sichuan, China
Mol Biol Rep 38:4565-73. 2011The Arg194Trp polymorphism in the X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) gene has been proved to be in association with cancer risk in Chinese Mainland population, but a large number of studies have reported inconclusive ..
- Polymorphisms of XRCC1 and gastric cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysisBo Chen
Department of Gastrointestinal Surgery, West China Hospital, Sichuan University, 37 Guo Xue Road, Chengdu 610041, Sichuan Province, China
Mol Biol Rep 39:1305-13. 2012Studies investigating the association between X-ray repair cross-complementing gene 1 (XRCC1) polymorphisms and gastric cancer (GC) risk have reported conflicting results...
- Polymorphism of XRCC1 (at codon 399) and susceptibility to breast cancer, a meta-analysis of the literaturesMostafa Saadat
Department of Biology, College of Sciences, Shiraz University, Shiraz, Iran
Breast Cancer Res Treat 115:137-44. 2009The X-ray repair cross-complementation group 1 (XRCC1) protein plays an important role in base excision repair. Several polymorphisms in the XRCC1 gene have been described, including Arg399Gln...
- Polymorphisms in XRCC1 and glutathione S-transferase genes and hepatitis B-related hepatocellular carcinomaMing Whei Yu
Graduate Institute of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Natl Cancer Inst 95:1485-8. 2003..An arginine (Arg)-to-glutamine (Gln) polymorphism at codon 399 in the XRCC1 gene is putatively associated with DNA damage...
- Polymorphisms in base-excision repair and nucleotide-excision repair genes in relation to lung cancer riskKim De Ruyck
Department of Anatomy, Embryology, Histology and Medical Physics, Ghent University, Proeftuinstraat 86, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Mutat Res 631:101-10. 2007..We investigated the association of 10 base-excision and nucleotide-excision repair gene polymorphisms (XRCC1 -77 T/C, Arg194Trp, Arg280His and Arg399Gln; APE1 Asp148Glu; OGG1 Ser326Cys; XPA -4 G/A; XPC PAT; XPD Asp312Asn ..
- Polymorphisms of the DNA repair gene XRCC1 and risk of gastric cancer in a Chinese populationH Shen
Department of Epidemiology and Statistics, School of Public Health, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Int J Cancer 88:601-6. 2000..In the present study, we described an association between 2 polymorphisms of the DNA repair gene XRCC1 and risk of gastric cancer in a Chinese population...
- Polymorphisms in DNA base excision repair genes ADPRT and XRCC1 and risk of lung cancerXuemei Zhang
Department of Etiology and Carcinogenesis, Cancer Institute and Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100 021, China
Cancer Res 65:722-6. 2005Adenosine diphosphate ribosyl transferase (ADPRT) and X-ray repair cross-complementing 1 (XRCC1) are two major DNA base excision repair (BER) proteins and act interactively in stimulating and executing BER processes...
- Polymorphisms in XRCC1 and XPG and response to platinum-based chemotherapy in advanced non-small cell lung cancer patientsXinchen Sun
Zhongda Hospital, Southeast University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210009, China
Lung Cancer 65:230-6. 2009..polymorphisms (SNPs) in Xeroderma pigmentosum group G (XPG) and X-ray repair cross complementing group 1 (XRCC1) were associated with the tumor response in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients treated with platinum-..
- XRCC1 interactions with multiple DNA glycosylases: a model for its recruitment to base excision repairAnna Campalans
Departement de Radiobiologie et Radiopathologie, CEA, UMR217 CNRS CEA, 18 route du Panorama, F 92265 Fontenay aux Roses, France
DNA Repair (Amst) 4:826-35. 2005..In mammalian cells, the XRCC1 protein, essential for the maintenance of genomic stability, is involved in both base excision and single-strand ..
- XRCC1 polymorphisms and cancer risk: a meta-analysis of 38 case-control studiesZhibin Hu
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Nanjing Medical University School of Public Health, 140 Hanzhong Road, 210029 Nanjing, China
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1810-8. 2005..Arg194Trp, Arg280His, Arg399Gln) in the DNA base excision repair gene X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) have been implicated in cancer risk...
- Polymorphisms in DNA repair and metabolic genes in bladder cancerSomali Sanyal
Department of Biosciences at Novum, Karolinska Institute, S 14157 Huddinge, Sweden
Carcinogenesis 25:729-34. 2004..complementation group C (XPC), group D (XPD) and group G (XPG), X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) and group 3 (XRCC3), Nijmegen breakage syndrome 1 (NBS1), cyclin D1, methylene-tetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR),..
- Association between polymorphisms in the DNA repair genes, XRCC1, APE1, and XPD and acute side effects of radiotherapy in breast cancer patientsJenny Chang-Claude
Division of Clinical Epidemiology and Toxicology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 11:4802-9. 2005..We evaluated the association of six polymorphisms in the DNA repair genes: XRCC1 (Arg194Trp, Arg280His, and Arg399Gln), APE1 (Asp148Glu), and XPD (Lys751Gln and Asp312Asn), with the risk of acute ..
- XRCC1 is phosphorylated by DNA-dependent protein kinase in response to DNA damageNicolas Levy
Département Intégrité du Génome de l UMR 7175, CNRS, Ecole Superieure de Biotechnologie de Strasbourg, Boulevard S Brant, BP 10413, F 67412 Illkirch cedex, France
Nucleic Acids Res 34:32-41. 2006The two BRCT domains (BRCT1 and BRCT2) of XRCC1 mediate a network of protein-protein interactions with several key factors of the DNA single-strand breaks (SSBs) and base damage repair pathways...
- Association of DNA repair gene XRCC1 and XPD polymorphisms with genetic susceptibility to gastric cancer in a Chinese populationTao Yuan
Department of Hepato biliary Surgery, The Third Affiliated Hospital of Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, China
Cancer Epidemiol 35:170-4. 2011..single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD) and X-ray repair cross complement 1 (XRCC1) genes were genotyped in gastric cancer and control subjects in a population from Southwestern China for their ..
- Gastric cardia carcinoma is associated with the promoter -77T>C gene polymorphism of X-ray cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1)Giovanni Corso
Department of Human Pathology and Oncology, Section of General Surgery and Surgical Oncology, Translational Research Laboratory, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
J Gastrointest Surg 13:2233-8. 2009X-ray repair cross complementing group 1 (XRCC1) is one of the major DNA repair proteins involved in the bas-excision repair pathway...
- XRCC1 Arg399Gln gene polymorphism and breast cancer risk: a meta-analysis based on case-control studiesKusheng Wu
Faculty of Preventive Medicine, Shantou University Medical College, Shantou, Guangdong, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 12:2237-43. 2011The Arg399Gln polymorphism in the XRCC1 DNA repair gene is likely to be involved with the development of breast cancer (BC). However, there have been inconsistent reports of association...
- XRCC1 gene polymorphisms and lung cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysis of 44 case-control studiesLiping Dai
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, College of Public Health, Zhengzhou University, 100 Science Avenue, Zhengzhou 450001, China
Mol Biol Rep 39:9535-47. 2012X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 gene (XRCC1) has been implicated in risk for lung cancer. However, the results from different studies remain controversial...
- XRCC1 genetic polymorphisms and bladder cancer susceptibility: a meta-analysisChunyang Wang
Tianjin Institute of Urological Surgery, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, China
Urology 72:869-72. 2008To examine the association between three x-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) genetic polymorphisms (Arg(194)Trp, Arg(280)His, and Arg(399)Gln) and bladder cancer susceptibility.
- XRCC1, XRCC3, XPD gene polymorphisms, smoking and (32)P-DNA adducts in a sample of healthy subjectsG Matullo
Dipartimento di Genetica, Biologia e Biochimica, Universita di Torino, 10126, Torino, ISI Foundation, Institute for Scientific Interchange, Villa Gualino, 10133, Torino, Italy
Carcinogenesis 22:1437-45. 2001..DNA damage, as measured by (32)P-DNA adduct levels, and three genetic polymorphisms in different repair genes: XRCC1-Arg399Gln (exon 10), XRCC3-Thr241Met (exon 7) and XPD-Lys751Gln (exon 23)...
- An interaction between the mammalian DNA repair protein XRCC1 and DNA ligase IIIK W Caldecott
Biology and Biotechnology Research Program, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California 94551 0808
Mol Cell Biol 14:68-76. 1994b>XRCC1, the human gene that fully corrects the Chinese hamster ovary DNA repair mutant EM9, encodes a protein involved in the rejoining of DNA single-strand breaks that arise following treatment with alkylating agents or ionizing ..
- Polymorphisms of DNA repair genes are risk factors for prostate cancerHiroshi Hirata
Department of Urology, Veterans Affairs Medical Center and University of California at San Francisco, 4150 Clement Street, San Francisco, CA 94121, United States
Eur J Cancer 43:231-7. 2007..and healthy controls were analyzed by PCR-RFLP to determine the genotypic frequency of three DNA repair genes (XRCC1, XPC and XRCC7)...
- A meta-analysis on XRCC1 R399Q and R194W polymorphisms, smoking and bladder cancer riskTingjia Lao
State Key Laboratory of Genetic Engineering, Institute of Genetics, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai 200433, Peoples Republic of China
Mutagenesis 23:523-32. 2008To elucidate the role of X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) R399Q and R194W genotypes in bladder cancer risk, all available studies were considered in the present meta-analysis, with 4152 patients and 5372 controls for ..
- DNA-repair genetic polymorphisms and breast cancer riskTasha R Smith
Department of Cancer Biology, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, North Carolina 27157, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:1200-4. 2003..breast cancer risk is associated with four amino acid substitution variants in three DNA repair genes, including XRCC1 Arg194Trp and XRCC1 Arg399Gln in base excision repair, XRCC3 Thr241Met in homologous recombination repair, and ..
- XRCC1 genetic polymorphism Arg399Gln and prostate cancer risk: a meta-analysisJian Geng
Department of Oncology, Nanjing University School of Medicine, Jinling Hospital, Nanjing, Jiangsu, People s Republic of China
Urology 74:648-53. 2009To evaluate the association between x-ray cross-complementing gene 1 (XRCC1) genetic polymorphism Arg399Gln and prostate cancer risk using a meta-analysis.
- Lack of influence of XRCC1 and XPD gene polymorphisms on outcome of platinum-based chemotherapy for advanced non small cell lung cancersCheng Yun Yao
Department of Chemotherapy, Jiangsu Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, Nanjing, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 10:859-64. 2009..This study was conducted to assess relationships between X-ray repair cross complementing group1 (XRCC1) and xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD) genetic polymorphisms and outcome in NSCLC patients.
- Association of cytokine and DNA repair gene polymorphisms with hepatitis B-related hepatocellular carcinomaChun Chieh Chen
Department of Family Medicine, Chung Shan Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Int J Epidemiol 34:1310-8. 2005..We investigated the mechanisms underlying the inflammatory hepatocarcinogenesis by examining whether genetic variations in cytokines, antioxidant enzymes, and DNA repair genes affect the HCC risk...
- DNA repair gene hOGG1 codon 326 and XRCC1 codon 399 polymorphisms and bladder cancer risk in a Japanese populationKatsuyuki Arizono
Department of Public Health, Faculty of Medicine, University of Miyazaki, 5200 Kihara Kiyotake, Miyazaki, 889 1692 Japan
Jpn J Clin Oncol 38:186-91. 2008..Human oxoguanine glycosylase 1 (hOGG1) and X-ray repair cross-complementing 1 (XRCC1) are enzyme genes of BER...
- Functional capacity of XRCC1 protein variants identified in DNA repair-deficient Chinese hamster ovary cell lines and the human populationBrian R Berquist
Laboratory of Molecular Gerontology, National Institute on Aging, NIH, Baltimore, MD 21224, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 38:5023-35. 2010b>XRCC1 operates as a scaffold protein in base excision repair, a pathway that copes with base and sugar damage in DNA...
- Genetic variants of XRCC1, APE1, and ADPRT genes and risk of bladder cancerMeilin Wang
Department of Molecular and Genetic Toxicology, Cancer Center of Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
DNA Cell Biol 29:303-11. 2010..and endogenous carcinogens could be removed effectively by the base excision repair pathway, in which the XRCC1, APE1, and ADPRT genes play a key role...
- Association of single nucleotide polymorphisms in ATM, GSTP1, SOD2, TGFB1, XPD and XRCC1 with clinical and cellular radiosensitivityOliver Zschenker
Hubertus Wald Tumorzentrum, University Cancer Center Hamburg, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Radiother Oncol 97:26-32. 2010To examine the association of polymorphisms in ATM (codon 158), GSTP1 (codon 105), SOD2 (codon 16), TGFB1 (position -509), XPD (codon 751), and XRCC1 (codon 399) with fibrosis and also individual radiosensitivity.
- Association and interactions between DNA repair gene polymorphisms and adult gliomaYanhong Liu
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:204-14. 2009..In the single-locus analysis, six single-nucleotide polymorphisms [ERCC1 3' untranslated region (UTR), XRCC1 R399Q, APEX1 E148D, PARP1 A762V, MGMT F84L, and LIG1 5'UTR] showed a significant association with glioma risk...
- From genotype to phenotype: correlating XRCC1 polymorphisms with mutagen sensitivityYunfei Wang
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
DNA Repair (Amst) 2:901-8. 2003..damage, assessed by the mutagen sensitivity assay, with genotypes of the X-ray repair cross complementing group 1 (XRCC1) gene, which encodes for a base excision repair protein...
- XRCC1 gene polymorphisms and breast cancer risk in different populations: a meta-analysisHuihua Li
Clinical Trials and Epidemiological Sciences, National Cancer Centre, 11 Hospital Drive, Singapore 169610, Republic of Singapore
Breast 18:183-91. 2009We performed a meta-analysis to investigate the role of XRCC1 polymorphisms Arg194Trp, Arg280His and Arg399Gln in breast cancer...
- Risk of radiation-induced subcutaneous fibrosis in relation to single nucleotide polymorphisms in TGFB1, SOD2, XRCC1, XRCC3, APEX and ATM--a study based on DNA from formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue samplesC N Andreassen
Department of Experimental Clinical Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Denmark
Int J Radiat Biol 82:577-86. 2006..fibrosis were found for single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNP) in TGFB1 (transforming growth factor beta 1 gene), XRCC1 (X-ray repair cross-complementing 1 gene), XRCC3 (X-ray repair cross-complementing 3 gene), SOD2 (manganese ..
- Association of DNA repair and steroid metabolism gene polymorphisms with clinical late toxicity in patients treated with conformal radiotherapy for prostate cancerSambasivarao Damaraju
Cross Cancer Institute, Department of Oncology, University of Alberta, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Clin Cancer Res 12:2545-54. 2006....
- XRCC1 and XRCC3 variants and risk of glioma and meningiomaAnne Kiuru
Department of Research and Environmental Surveillance, STUK Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority, Box 14, 00881 Helsinki, Finland
J Neurooncol 88:135-42. 2008..We evaluated the association of SNPs Arg194Trp, Arg280His, and Arg399Gln in the X-ray cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) and Thr241Met in the X-ray cross-complementing group 3 (XRCC3) DNA repair genes with the risk of brain tumors...
- Genetic variation in the base excision repair pathway and bladder cancer riskJonine D Figueroa
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, Department of Health and Human Services, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Hum Genet 121:233-42. 2007..we analyzed 43 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in 12 BER genes (OGG1, MUTYH, APEX1, PARP1, PARP3, PARP4, XRCC1, POLB, POLD1, PCNA, LIG1, and LIG3)...
- Adenosine diphosphate ribosyl transferase and x-ray repair cross-complementing 1 polymorphisms in gastric cardia cancerXiaoping Miao
Department of Etiology and Carcinogenesis, Cancer Institute and Hospital, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China
Gastroenterology 131:420-7. 2006Adenosine diphosphate ribosyl transferase (ADPRT) and x-ray repair cross-complementing 1 (XRCC1) are major DNA base excision repair proteins acting interactively in repair processes...
- Chk2-dependent phosphorylation of XRCC1 in the DNA damage response promotes base excision repairWen Cheng Chou
Institute of Public Health, National Yang Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan
EMBO J 27:3140-50. 2008..Furthermore, Chk2 formed a complex with XRCC1, the BER scaffold protein, and phosphorylated XRCC1 in vivo and in vitro at Thr(284)...
- Association of DNA repair polymorphisms with DNA repair functional outcomes in healthy human subjectsPavel Vodicka
Institute of Experimental Medicine, Videnska 1083, 14200, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic, Prague, Czech Republic
Carcinogenesis 28:657-64. 2007..Irradiation-specific DNA repair rates were significantly decreased in individuals with XRCC1 Arg399Gln homozygous variant genotype (0.45 +/- 0.47 SSB/10(9) Da) than in those with wild-type genotype (1...
- Polymorphisms in DNA repair gene XRCC1 and increased genetic susceptibility to gliomaXue bin Hu
Department of Neurosurgery, Union Hospital, Tongji Medical College, Wuhan, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 12:2981-4. 2011The XRCC1 gene encodes the XRCC1 protein, which complexes with three other DNA repair enzymes involved in the base-excision repair (BER) pathways...
- Association between polymorphisms in XRCC1 gene and clinical outcomes of patients with lung cancer: a meta-analysisZhigang Cui
China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, PR China
BMC Cancer 12:71. 2012X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) protein plays an important role in the repair of DNA damage and adducts...
- XRCC1 polymorphisms and lung cancer risk in Chinese populations: a meta-analysisHuilie Zheng
Department of Epidemiology and Statistics, School of Public Health, Tongji Medical College of Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China
Lung Cancer 65:268-73. 2009X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1), one of the >20 genes that participate in the base excision repair (BER) pathway, is thought to account for differences in lung cancer susceptibility...
- DNA repair gene XRCC1 polymorphisms and bladder cancer riskSei Chung Sak
Molecular Radiobiology Group, Section of Oncology, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, St James s University Hospital, Leeds, UK
BMC Genet 8:13. 2007..The XRCC1 protein plays a crucial role in BER by acting as a scaffold for other BER enzymes...
- Haplotypes of microsomal epoxide hydrolase and x-ray cross-complementing group 1 genes in Indian hepatocellular carcinoma patientsManjula Kiran
Department of Biochemistry, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Sector 12, Chandigarh, India
DNA Cell Biol 28:573-7. 2009..genetic polymorphism and haplotypes of microsomal epoxide hydrolase (mEPHX) and X-ray cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) with altered cancer risk...
- Polymorphisms in DNA repair gene XRCC1 and skin cancer risk: a meta-analysisHaijun Zhang
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY, USA
Anticancer Res 31:3945-52. 2011Published data on the association between polymorphisms of the X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) gene and skin cancer risk are inconsistent...
- Polymorphism of DNA repair gene XRCC1 and hepatitis-related hepatocellular carcinoma risk in Indian populationManjula Kiran
Department of Biochemistry, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Sector 12, Chandigarh 160012, India
Mol Cell Biochem 327:7-13. 2009..The risk of HCC might also increase because of the hereditary genetic defects in DNA repair genes. In this regard, X-ray cross-complementing group 1 gene (XRCC1) is a major DNA repair gene involved in base excision repair (BER).
- Polymorphisms of DNA repair gene XRCC1 and risk of glioma: a case-control study in Southern ChinaLu Qiu Zhou
1Department of Neurosurgery, 2Department of Respiratory Diseases, Shenzhen Longgang Central Hospital, Shenzhen, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 12:2547-50. 2011..This study aimed to examine associations between polymorphisms in the X-ray cross- complementing group 1 (XRCC 1) gene and risk of glioma in a Chinese population...
- Evaluation of DNA repair gene XRCC1 polymorphism in prediction and prognosis of hepatocellular carcinoma riskQiu wen Li
Oncology Department, No 1 Hospital Affiliated to General Hospital of Chinese People s Liberation Army, Beijing, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 13:191-4. 2012We conducted a case-control study in China to clarify the association between XRCC1-Arg399Gln polymorphism and HCC risk...
- Central role for the XRCC1 BRCT I domain in mammalian DNA single-strand break repairRichard M Taylor
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, Manchester M13 9PT, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 22:2556-63. 2002The DNA single-strand break repair (SSBR) protein XRCC1 is required for genetic stability and for embryonic viability. XRCC1 possesses two BRCA1 carboxyl-terminal (BRCT) protein interaction domains, denoted BRCT I and II...
- TGFB1 polymorphisms are associated with risk of late normal tissue complications in the breast after radiotherapy for early breast cancerChristian Nicolaj Andreassen
Department of Experimental Clinical Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, DK 8000 Aarhus, Denmark
Radiother Oncol 75:18-21. 2005..findings, this study investigated SNPs in genes TGFB1 (position -509, codon 10 and codon 25), SOD2 (codon 16), XRCC1 (codon 399), XRCC3 (codon 241), APEX (codon 148) and ATM (codon 1853) in 26 breast cancer patients with marked ..
- Modulation of repair of ultraviolet damage in the host-cell reactivation assay by polymorphic XPC and XPD/ERCC2 genotypesYawei Qiao
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard, TX 77030, USA
Carcinogenesis 23:295-9. 2002..damage and genotypes of three DNA repair genes, XPC and XPD [involved in nucleotide excision repair (NER)] and XRCC1 [involved in base excision repair (BER)]...
- Sealing of chromosomal DNA nicks during nucleotide excision repair requires XRCC1 and DNA ligase III alpha in a cell-cycle-specific mannerJill Moser
Department of Toxicogenetics, Leiden University Medical Center, Einthovenweg 20, Leiden, The Netherlands
Mol Cell 27:311-23. 2007..Impaired gap filling and sealing of chromosomal DNA in nucleotide excision repair (NER) leads to genome instability. XRCC1-DNA ligase IIIalpha (XRCC1-Lig3) plays a central role in the repair of DNA single-strand breaks but has never been ..
- Genetic variation in XRCC1, sun exposure, and risk of skin cancerJ Han
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, 181 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Br J Cancer 91:1604-9. 2004The XRCC1 gene is involved in the base excision repair pathway...
- Association of genetic polymorphisms in the base excision repair pathway with lung cancer risk: a meta-analysisChikako Kiyohara
Department of Preventive Medicine, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi, Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
Lung Cancer 54:267-83. 2006..base repair (BER) pathway, focusing on 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase 1, X-ray cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) and apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1...
- DNA repair polymorphisms XRCC1 and MGMT and risk of adult gliomasMartha J Felini
Department of Epidemiology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC, USA
Neuroepidemiology 29:55-8. 2007X-ray cross complementing group 1 (XRCC1) and O6-methylguanine-DNA methyltransferase (MGMT) are pivotal repair genes focused on repairing lesions due to ionizing radiation, alkylating agents, and oxidative DNA damage, risk factors ..
- Polymorphisms of DNA repair genes and risk of gliomaLi E Wang
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 64:5560-3. 2004..chromosomal breaks, which may be influenced by genetic variation in genes involved in DNA strand breaks, such as XRCC1 in single-strand break repair, XRCC3 and RAD51 in homologous recombination repair, and XRCC7 in nonhomologous end ..
- XRCC1 down-regulation in human cells leads to DNA-damaging agent hypersensitivity, elevated sister chromatid exchange, and reduced survival of BRCA2 mutant cellsJinshui Fan
Laboratory of Molecular Gerontology, National Institute on Aging, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Environ Mol Mutagen 48:491-500. 2007Previous studies using rodent cells indicate that a deficiency in XRCC1 results in reduced single-strand break repair, increased sensitivity to DNA-damaging agents, and elevated levels of sister chromatid exchange (SCE)...
- PAH-DNA adducts in environmentally exposed population in relation to metabolic and DNA repair gene polymorphismsBlanka Binkova
Laboratory of Genetic Ecotoxicology, Institute of Experimental Medicine AS CR and Health Institute of Central Bohemia, Videnska 1083, 14220 Prague, Czech Republic
Mutat Res 620:49-61. 2007..Polymorphisms of metabolizing (GSTM1, GSTP1, GSTT1, EPHX1, CYP1A1-MspI) and DNA repair (XRCC1, XPD) genes were determined by PCR-based RFLP assays...
- Polymorphisms/haplotypes in DNA repair genes and smoking: a bladder cancer case-control studyGiuseppe Matullo
Department of Epidemiology and Public Health, Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine, Norfolk Place, London W2 1PG, United Kingdom
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:2569-78. 2005..in seven DNA repair genes belonging to different repair pathways [X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1): 26304C>T, 26651A>G, 28152A>G; xeroderma pigmentosum-D (XPD): 23591A>G, 35931A>C; excision repair ..
- The XRCC1 399Gln polymorphism and the frequency of p53 mutations in Taiwanese oral squamous cell carcinomasLing Ling Hsieh
Department of Public Health, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan 333, Taiwan
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:439-43. 2003..The 399Gln polymorphism in the DNA repair gene XRCC1 has been indicated to have a contributive role in DNA adduct formation, sister chromatid exchange, and an ..
- Genetic risk of DNA repair gene polymorphisms (XRCC1 and XRCC3) for high risk human papillomavirus negative cervical cancer in Northeast ThailandWannapa Settheetham-Ishida
Department of Physiology, Khon Kaen University, Khon Kaen, Thailand
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 12:963-6. 2011..papillomavirus infection for the development of cervical cancer, functional polymorphisms of DNA repair genes, XRCC1 Arg399Gln and Arg194Trp and XRCC3 Thr241Met, were studied among Northeastern Thai women...
- Genetic polymorphisms of XRCC1 and risk of gastric cancerSeong Gene Lee
Asan Institute for Life Sciences, University of Ulsan College of Medicine, 388 1 Poongnap dong, Songpa Gu, 138 736 Seoul, South Korea
Cancer Lett 187:53-60. 2002Coding polymorphisms of the DNA repair gene XRCC1 have been shown to affect the DNA repair capacity and to be associated with genetic susceptibility to carcinogenesis...
- Prediction of normal tissue radiosensitivity from polymorphisms in candidate genesChristian Nicolaj Andreassen
Department of Experimental Clinical Oncology, Aarhus University Hospital, Noerrebrogade 44, Aarhus C DK 8000, Denmark
Radiother Oncol 69:127-35. 2003..This study investigates whether seven selected SNPs in five candidate genes influence risk of subcutaneous fibrosis and telangiectasia after radiotherapy...
- Base excision repair genes and risk of lung cancer among San Francisco Bay Area Latinos and African-AmericansJeffrey S Chang
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Division of Neuroepidemiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 1215, USA
Carcinogenesis 30:78-87. 2009..This study examines the association between 24 single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) belonging to five BER genes (XRCC1, APEX1, PARP1, MUTYH and OGG1) and lung cancer among Latinos (113 cases and 299 controls) and African-Americans (..
- XRCC1 genetic polymorphism Arg399Gln and gastric cancer risk: A meta-analysisJian Geng
Department of Oncology, Nanjing University School of Medicine, Jinling Hospital, 305 Zhongshan East Road, Nanjing 210002, Jiangsu Province, China
World J Gastroenterol 14:6733-7. 2008To evaluate the association between X-ray cross-complementing gene 1 (XRCC1) genetic polymorphism Arg399Gln and gastric cancer risk by means of meta-analysis.
- XRCC1 Arg399Gln polymorphism and risk for cervical cancer development in Argentine womenG Barbisan
IGEVET Institute of Veterinary Genetics Ingeniero Fernando Noel Dulout Faculty of Veterinary Science, National University of La Plata, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Eur J Gynaecol Oncol 32:274-9. 2011b>XRCC1 (X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1) plays a central role in the DNA base excision repair mechanism...
- Polymorphisms in DNA repair genes modulate survival in cisplatin/gemcitabine-treated non-small-cell lung cancer patientsR de Las Peñas
Hospital Provincial de Castellón, Castellon, Spain
Ann Oncol 17:668-75. 2006....
- Genetic polymorphisms in DNA repair and damage response genes and late normal tissue complications of radiotherapy for breast cancerJ Chang-Claude
Division of Cancer Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Br J Cancer 100:1680-6. 2009..Polymorphisms in genes involved in DNA repair (APEX1, XRCC1, XRCC2, XRCC3, XPD) and damage response (TP53, P21) were determined...
- Genomic sequence comparison of the human and mouse XRCC1 DNA repair gene regionsJ E Lamerdin
Human Genome Center, Biology and Biotechnology Research Program, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California 94550, USA
Genomics 25:547-54. 1995The XRCC1 (X-ray repair cross complementing) gene is involved in the efficient repair of DNA single-strand breaks formed by exposure to ionizing radiation and alkylating agents. The human gene maps to chromosome 19q13...
- Epidermal growth factor and ionizing radiation up-regulate the DNA repair genes XRCC1 and ERCC1 in DU145 and LNCaP prostate carcinoma through MAPK signalingAdly Yacoub
Department of Radiation Oncology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
Radiat Res 159:439-52. 2003..importance of radiation-induced and ligand-induced EGFR-ERK signaling for the regulation of DNA repair proteins XRCC1 and ERCC1 in prostate carcinoma cells, DU145 (TP53(mut)), displaying EGFR-TGFA-dependent autocrine growth and high ..
- X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) genetic polymorphisms and gastric cancer risk: A HuGE review and meta-analysisHuiPing Xue
Department of Gastroenterology, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Institute of Gastrointestinal Diseases, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, People s Republic of China
Am J Epidemiol 173:363-75. 2011..performed a systematic review and meta-analysis of associations of the x-ray repair cross-complementing 1 gene (XRCC1) single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) Arg194Trp, Arg280His, and Arg399Gln with gastric cancer risk, based on ..
- A novel T-77C polymorphism in DNA repair gene XRCC1 contributes to diminished promoter activity and increased risk of non-small cell lung cancerB Hao
Department of Biology Sciences and Biotechnology, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Oncogene 25:3613-20. 2006X-ray repair cross-complementing 1 (XRCC1) plays a key role in DNA base excision repair and cells lacking its activity are hypersensitive to DNA damage...
- Polymorphisms in DNA repair genes, smoking, and pancreatic adenocarcinoma riskRobert R McWilliams
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Cancer Res 68:4928-35. 2008..Allele and genotype frequencies for 16 SNPs in DNA repair genes ERCC1, XPD/ERCC2, XPC, XPF/ERCC4, OGG1, and XRCC1 were compared after adjusting for age, sex, and smoking history...
- Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in BER and HRR genes, XRCC1 haplotypes and breast cancer risk in Caucasian womenSilvia Sterpone
Department of Biology, Rome Tre University, Rome, Italy
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:631-6. 2010This study aimed to assess whether haplotypes in XRCC1 and SNPs in OGG1 and XRCC3 were associated with an increased risk of developing breast cancer (BC) and early adverse reactions after radiotherapy.
- Polymorphisms in MGMT and DNA repair genes and the risk of esophageal adenocarcinomaJames Doecke
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Int J Cancer 123:174-80. 2008..SNPs) (rs12269324, rs12268840, L84F, I143V, K178R), as well as SNPs in DNA repair genes ERCC1 (N118N), XRCC1 (Q399R) and XPD (K751Q). Relative risks were estimated using multivariable logistic regression...
- Polymorphisms of DNA repair genes XPD and XRCC1 and risk of cataract developmentMustafa Unal
Department of Ophthalmology, Akdeniz University Medical Faculty, Antalya, Turkey
Exp Eye Res 85:328-34. 2007..enzyme genes, xeroderma pigmentosum complementation group D (XPD) codon 751 and X-ray cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) codon 399, in a sample of Turkish patients with maturity onset cataract...
- Nasopharyngeal carcinoma and genetic polymorphisms of DNA repair enzymes XRCC1 and hOGG1En Yu Cho
Graduate Institute of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10018, Taiwan
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:1100-4. 2003..To evaluate this hypothesis, this study focused on effects of genetic polymorphisms of DNA repair genes hOGG1 and XRCC1 on the development of NPC...
- Polymorphisms of DNA repair genes XRCC1 and XPD and risk of primary open angle glaucoma (POAG)Mehmet Guven
Department of Medical Biology, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, University of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Mol Vis 13:12-7. 2007..enzyme genes, Xeroderma pigmentosum complementation group D (XPD) codon 751 and X-ray cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) codon 399, in a sample of Turkish patients with POAG, and to evaluate their association with POAG development.
- No association between hOGG1, XRCC1, and XPD polymorphisms and risk of reflux esophagitis, Barrett's esophagus, or esophageal adenocarcinoma: results from the factors influencing the Barrett's adenocarcinoma relationship case-control studyHeather R Ferguson
Division of Gastroenterology, Belfast City Hospital, Belfast BT9 7AB, Northern Ireland
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:736-9. 2008..polymorphic enzymes, including human 8-oxoguanine glycosylase 1 (hOGG1), X-ray repair cross-complementing 1 (XRCC1), and xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD)...
- Association between X-ray repair cross complementing group 1 codon 399 and 194 polymorphisms and lung cancer risk: a meta-analysisYadong Wang
National Institute of Occupational Health and Poison Control, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing 100050, PR China
Cancer Lett 285:134-40. 2009..we assessed reported studies of association between polymorphisms of X-ray repair cross complementing group 1 (XRCC1) codon 399 and 194, and lung cancer risk...
- DNA repair gene XRCC1 polymorphisms, smoking, and bladder cancer riskM C Stern
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, 27709, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 10:125-31. 2001..The XRCC1 gene protein plays an important role in BER by serving as a scaffold for other repair enzymes and by recognizing ..
- Contrasting impact of DNA repair gene XRCC1 polymorphisms Arg399Gln and Arg194Trp on the risk of lung cancer in the north-Indian populationSuparna S Pachouri
Department of Biotechnology, Panjab University, Chandigarh, India
DNA Cell Biol 26:186-91. 2007DNA repair forms the most effective defense system against DNA damage. The XRCC1 gene product is implicated in single-strand and base-excision repair mechanisms...
- Polymorphisms in the DNA repair gene XRCC1, breast cancer risk, and response to radiotherapyNorman Moullan
DNA Repair Group, International Agency for Research on Cancer IARC, Lyon, Cedex, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:1168-74. 2003The study goal was to examine the association of three polymorphisms in the XRCC1 gene (Arg194Trp, Arg280His, and Arg399Gln) involved in repairing DNA damage produced by ionizing radiation, a known breast cancer (BC) risk factor, with BC ..
- XRCC1 coordinates the initial and late stages of DNA abasic site repair through protein-protein interactionsA E Vidal
Departement de Radiobiologie et Radiopathologie, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, UMR217 CNRS CEA, BP6, F 92265 Fontenay aux Roses, France
EMBO J 20:6530-9. 2001..APE1 therefore plays a central role in the base excision repair (BER) pathway. We report here that XRCC1, another essential protein involved in the maintenance of genome stability, physically interacts with APE1 and ..
- DNA repair gene ERCC2, XPC, XRCC1, XRCC3 polymorphisms and associations with bladder cancer risk in a French cohortLuc Fontana
University Clermont 1, Clermont Ferrand Cedex, France
Anticancer Res 28:1853-6. 2008..group 2 (ERCC2), Xeroderma Pigmentosum group C (XPC), and Xray repair cross-complementing groups 1 and 3 (XRCC1 and XRCC3) were analyzed. The studied population included 51 bladder cancer cases and 45 controls...
- XRCC1 Arg399Gln, Arg194Trp and Arg280His polymorphisms in breast cancer risk: a meta-analysisYongsheng Huang
Institute of Genetics, Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Mutagenesis 24:331-9. 2009X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) plays an important role in base excision and single-strand break repair, as a scaffold protein that brings together proteins of the DNA repair complex, and appears to be a candidate for ..
- Effects on sister chromatid exchange frequency of polymorphisms in DNA repair gene XRCC1 in smokersYu Chen Lei
Institute of Occupational Medicine and Industrial Hygiene, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, No 1 Ren Ai Road, Sec 1, 10018 Taipei, ROC
Mutat Res 519:93-101. 2002..microsomal epoxide hydrolase (mEH), glutathione S-transferase M1 (GSTM1), and X-ray cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) and cigarette smoking-induced SCE. Sixty-one workers without significant exposure to mutagens were recruited...
- Combinational polymorphisms of four DNA repair genes XRCC1, XRCC2, XRCC3, and XRCC4 and their association with oral cancer in TaiwanChing Yu Yen
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan, and School of Dentistry, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Oral Pathol Med 37:271-7. 2008..In this study, we focused on the joint effect for SNP combinations of four DNA repair genes, X-ray repair cross-complementing groups (XRCCs) 1-4, involved in major cancer-related pathways...
- Genetic variations in radiation and chemotherapy drug action pathways predict clinical outcomes in esophageal cancerXifeng Wu
Department of Epidemiology, Experimental Therapeutics, GI Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:3789-98. 2006..Understanding how specific genetic variants modify drug action pathways may provide informative blueprints for individualized chemotherapy...
- Role of Diabetes in Development of Renal Cell CarcinomaSAMY LEWIZ HABIB; Fiscal Year: 2013..Indeed, loss of heterozygosity at the OGG1 allele was found in human renal clear cell carcinoma (RCC) identifying loss of OGG1 function as a possible contributor to tumorigenesis in the kidney...
- Sutureless Laparoscopic Partial Nephrectomy Using Laser Tissue Welding: PreclinicYasmin Wadia; Fiscal Year: 2013..newly diagnosed cases of kidney cancer in the United States, the majority of which represent renal cell carcinoma (RCC). The prevalence of cancer of the kidney and renal pelvis is 296,074, with 61.3% localized or 181493 patients...
- WORKER GENETIC SUSCEPTIBILITY TO MUTAGENIC RISKPaul W Brandt-Rauf; Fiscal Year: 2013..intermediates that generate pro-mutagenic etheno-DNA adducts that can be removed by base excision repair (via XRCC1) or nucleotide excision repair (via XPD), or, if not repaired, result in specific mutations in cancer-related ..
- Optimization of DNA Repair by Abh8Lauren Endres; Fiscal Year: 2013..e., for SSBR, PARP, XRCC1 and polynucleotide kinase;for DSBR, RAD family proteins, XRCC2 and 3, BRCA1 and 2, Ku70 and 86, and DNAPK)...
- Molecular Epidemiology of Chronic Liver DiseasesManal Hassan; Fiscal Year: 2009..e., hOGG1 and XRCC1) between group 1 and group. 2)...
- Regulations of DNA Alkylation/Deamination Damage RepairRabindra Roy; Fiscal Year: 2013..with and can be stimulated by various factors including hHR23A/B (a nucleotide excision repair protein) and XRCC1 (a BER protein)...
- Novel multivalent/multifunctional agents derived from a humanized anti-insulin-liThomas M Cardillo; Fiscal Year: 2010..One of the most challenging forms of this type of cancer is metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC). It has resisted attempts of curative radiotherapy and chemotherapy...
- The Role of KIR and FcR Genotype in the Efficacy of mAb and IL2 ImmunotherapyPaul M Sondel; Fiscal Year: 2013..data, can identify patients more likely to respond to: a) single agent mAb therapy for lymphoma, b) single agent IL2 treatment for renal cell carcinoma (RCC), and c) mAb + cytokine (IL2 + GM-CSF) therapy for neuroblastoma (NBL).
- Repair of oxidative DNA damage in mammalian cellsTadahide Izumi; Fiscal Year: 2013..and appears to have significant effects on the functions of APE1 and other cellular proteins, including XRCC1 (X-ray cross-complementation 1), p53, and HDAC1, that interact directly with APE1...
- Role of poly (ADP-ribose)in the Repair of Ultraviolet Induced DNA DamageBRENEE SHEMEIR KING; Fiscal Year: 2012..Several papers have noted its direct interaction with proteins within the pathway (i.e. XRCC1, DNA polymerase 2, and DNA Ligase III)...
- Molecular pathways linking obesity and RCC tumorigenesis (PQ1)Xifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2013..comprehensive epidemiology data including diet, obesity, and physical activity of an ongoing renal cell carcinoma (RCC) case control study from Texas...
- Genotype and phenotype predictors in therapy response in renal cell carcinomaKatherine L Nathanson; Fiscal Year: 2013ABSTRACT Therapy of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) has been transformed in recent years by the efficacy of targeted agents that inhibit kinases involved in critical cellular signaling pathways and VEGF, a primary driver of tumor ..
- Genetic Susceptibility Modifiers in Renal Cell CarcinomaXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Tobacco exposure is an established risk factor for renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Genetic Events in Renal Cell CarcinomaCAROLINE MARTZ LEE; Fiscal Year: 2010..mutation of the von Hippel-Lindau (VHL) tumor suppressor gene is associated with sporadic renal cell carcinoma (RCC), and germline VHL mutation results in VHL disease with predisposition to RCC and/or other neoplasms...
- Role of Bin1 in Cancer ChemosensitizationDaitoku Sakamuro; Fiscal Year: 2013..between the automodification domain of PARP-1 and Bin1 are direct and (ii) how Bin1 disrupts the PARP-1-XRCC1 interaction in vivo, an essential step for PARP-1-mediated base excision repair (BER)...
- Roles of Lig3 and XRCC1 Genes in Genome StabilityAlan E Tomkinson; Fiscal Year: 2013..Interestingly, the DNA ligase III[unreadable]-associated proteins, poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase 1 (PARP-1), XRCC1 and DNA polymerase (Pol) [unreadable], each of which have been implicated in base excision repair and the repair ..
- Microfluidics-assisted display of stretched DNA in the study of DNA repair in vivJulia Sidorova; Fiscal Year: 2012..Using cells with dosage or mutation defects in XRCC1, a protein critical for BER, I will determine whether my approach allows measuring relatively small variations in ..
- CELLULAR AND MOLECULAR RESPONSE TO DNA REPAIR DEFICIENCYRenee Reijo Pera; Fiscal Year: 2000..This research team has recently created a mouse that is heterozygous for a null mutation in the DNA repair gene XRCC1 (X-ray repair cross-complementing)...
- Mechanisms of Trinucleotide Repeat Expansion via Oxidative DNA Damage and RepairYuan Liu; Fiscal Year: 2012..by efficient processing of ssDNA break intermediates through BER protein interactions between APE1 and Pol p, XRCC1 and Pol 3, as well as BLM and FEN1. Under Dr...
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and birth outcomes in Mexico CityMARIE SYLVIA O'NEILL; Fiscal Year: 2013..DNA samples from mother and infant will be used to type genetic polymorphisms (CYP1A1, GSTM1, GSTT1, GSTP1, Xrcc1, XPD) relevant to the hypothesized mechanisms...
- Genistein, microRNAs and kidney cancerRajvir Dahiya; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Background: Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is one of the most common malignancies among our Veterans...
- Cancer susceptibility of XRCC1 mutant miceWarren Ladiges; Fiscal Year: 2009The main focus of this proposal is investigation of the concept that functional variation in the DNA repair gene XRCC1 can influence susceptibility to carcinogen-induced tumorigenesis...
- Identification of Biomarkers for Early Detection of Renal Cell CarcinomaOthon Iliopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2012The incidence of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) in United States has been projected to reach 56,000 cases/year in 2007 and has been rising since 1970 for both men and women and for whites as well as blacks...
- Effect of MIP-1 delta on Osteoclast Development and Pathological Bone ResorptionScott L Kominsky; Fiscal Year: 2010..In addition, we will determine the clinical correlation between MIP-1d expression in primary RCC and the subsequent development of osteolytic metastasis...
- Nanoscale proteomic profiles of hypoxia pathways to develop biomarkers of renal cJOHN THOMAS LEPPERT; Fiscal Year: 2013DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Renal cell carcinoma (RCC, kidney cancer) is one of the most commonly diagnosed cancers and is associated with significant mortality...
- TGF Beta receptor biology in human renal cell carcinomaJOHN COPLAND; Fiscal Year: 2009Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is a major health issue. While localized disease can be cured surgically, there is no effective treatment for metastatic disease...
- Analysis of the Novel Kinase ROR2: A New Molecular Target in Renal Cell CarcinomaTricia M Wright; Fiscal Year: 2010Renal cell carcinoma (RCC), a notoriously hard to treat solid tumor and the most common form of kidney cancer, has minimal sensitivity to traditional chemotherapy...
- MOLECULAR-GENETIC ANALYSIS OF 3P14 GENOMIC STABILITYHarry Drabkin; Fiscal Year: 2006..of any protein that interacts with VHL and its function may be germane to the development of renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Genetic Retargeted Human T-cells for RCC ImmunotherapyWayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2006unreadable] DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is the most prevalent malignancy within the kidney and the incidence is rising...
- THREE VHL TUMOR SUPPRESSOR TARGETS IN RENAL CANCERVikas Sukhatme; Fiscal Year: 2002..Clear cell renal carcinoma (RCC) is the most frequent cause of death...
- ROLE OF TGF BETA 1 IN RENAL CANCERS Karumanchi; Fiscal Year: 2004DESCRIPTION (Applicant's Description): Clear-cell renal carcinoma (RCC), the most common cancer of the kidney, occurs in 27,000 individuals in the US each year and is responsible for 11,000 deaths annually...
- MDA-7/IL-24 and free radicals in renal cancer therapyPaul Dent; Fiscal Year: 2009DESCRIPTION (provided by applicant): Renal Cell Carcinoma (RCC) is among the most lethal and difficult tumors to treat, particularly when disease has spread beyond the kidney and into the surrounding fascia;even intensive combinations ..
- Autoimmune Mechanisms in the Response to Renal CancerJulie Ellerhorst; Fiscal Year: 2006..on the hypothesis that mechanisms of autoimmunity are utilized to control or kill metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC), and that RCC patients who have genotypic or biologic features associated with autoimmune disorders are more ..
- CHROMOSOME BREAKPOINTS, RENAL & SMALL CELL LUNG CANCERDavid Smith; Fiscal Year: 2000..close to a translocation breakpoint observed in a family with inherited predisposition to renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Enhancing renal cell carcinoma response to IL-2 with the HDAC inhibitor SNDX-275Roberto Pili; Fiscal Year: 2010..provided by applicant): High dose interleukin 2 (IL-2) is an approved regimen for metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC). Unfortunately, the response rate is modest and only few patients achieve durable remission...
- BIOPHYSICAL AND SCANNING FORCE MICROSCOPY STUDIESDOROTHY ERIE; Fiscal Year: 2001..subsequently sealed by a DNA ligase (either DNA ligase I or DNA ligase III in the presence of the repair protein XRCC1). BER involves a complex set of interactions between the repair proteins and DNA...
- Prenatal Exposures & Procarcinogenic MutationsManuela Orjuela; Fiscal Year: 2007..Infant DNA repair capacity (XPD/XRCC1) probably also plays a role in the persistence of chromosomal damage...
- Analgesic Use and Kidney CancerEunyoung Cho; Fiscal Year: 2009..The majority of kidney cancer is renal cell cancer (RCC), with the remainder of cases mostly renal pelvis cancer. The incidence of kidney cancer has been rising in the U.S...
- Chemoresistance in Renal Cell CancerJESSIE AU; Fiscal Year: 2006Patients with metastatic renal cell cancer (RCC) have a bleak prognosis with an average survival time of less than 18 months. Hence, there is an urgent need of more effective treatments...
- Implementation of Resident-Centered CareMELANIE KRAUSE; Fiscal Year: 2009..Providing resident-centered care (RCC) is seen by long-term care stakeholders as a promising strategy for achieving higher quality of care and quality of ..