Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: XRCC1
Description: X-ray repair complementing defective repair in Chinese hamster cells 1
Alias: RCC, DNA repair protein XRCC1, X-ray repair cross-complementing protein 1, X-ray-repair, complementing defective, repair in Chinese hamster
Publications239 found, 100 shown here
- DNA repair polymorphisms and cancer risk in non-smokers in a cohort studyG Matullo
ISI Foundation and Department of Genetics, Biology and Biochemistry, University of Turin, Turin, Italy
Carcinogenesis 27:997-1007. 2006..Among the many comparisons, few polymorphisms were associated with the diseases at the univariate analysis: XRCC1-399 Gln/Gln variant homozygotes [odds ratios (OR) = 2.20, 95% confidence intervals (CI) = 1.16-4...
- Lack of influence of XRCC1 and XPD gene polymorphisms on outcome of platinum-based chemotherapy for advanced non small cell lung cancersCheng Yun Yao
Department of Chemotherapy, Jiangsu Cancer Hospital and Research Institute, Nanjing, China
Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 10:859-64. 2009..This study was conducted to assess relationships between X-ray repair cross complementing group1 (XRCC1) and xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD) genetic polymorphisms and outcome in NSCLC patients.
- Polymorphisms in the DNA repair gene XRCC1, breast cancer risk, and response to radiotherapyNorman Moullan
DNA Repair Group, International Agency for Research on Cancer IARC, Lyon, Cedex, France
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:1168-74. 2003The study goal was to examine the association of three polymorphisms in the XRCC1 gene (Arg194Trp, Arg280His, and Arg399Gln) involved in repairing DNA damage produced by ionizing radiation, a known breast cancer (BC) risk factor, with BC ..
- Polymorphisms in base-excision repair and nucleotide-excision repair genes in relation to lung cancer riskKim De Ruyck
Department of Anatomy, Embryology, Histology and Medical Physics, Ghent University, Proeftuinstraat 86, B 9000 Gent, Belgium
Mutat Res 631:101-10. 2007..We investigated the association of 10 base-excision and nucleotide-excision repair gene polymorphisms (XRCC1 -77 T/C, Arg194Trp, Arg280His and Arg399Gln; APE1 Asp148Glu; OGG1 Ser326Cys; XPA -4 G/A; XPC PAT; XPD Asp312Asn ..
- Base excision repair genes and risk of lung cancer among San Francisco Bay Area Latinos and African-AmericansJeffrey S Chang
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Division of Neuroepidemiology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 1215, USA
Carcinogenesis 30:78-87. 2009..This study examines the association between 24 single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) belonging to five BER genes (XRCC1, APEX1, PARP1, MUTYH and OGG1) and lung cancer among Latinos (113 cases and 299 controls) and African-Americans (..
- Genetic variation in the base excision repair pathway and bladder cancer riskJonine D Figueroa
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, Department of Health and Human Services, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
Hum Genet 121:233-42. 2007..we analyzed 43 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in 12 BER genes (OGG1, MUTYH, APEX1, PARP1, PARP3, PARP4, XRCC1, POLB, POLD1, PCNA, LIG1, and LIG3)...
- Association between polymorphisms in the DNA repair genes, XRCC1, APE1, and XPD and acute side effects of radiotherapy in breast cancer patientsJenny Chang-Claude
Division of Clinical Epidemiology and Toxicology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 11:4802-9. 2005..We evaluated the association of six polymorphisms in the DNA repair genes: XRCC1 (Arg194Trp, Arg280His, and Arg399Gln), APE1 (Asp148Glu), and XPD (Lys751Gln and Asp312Asn), with the risk of acute ..
- Polymorphisms in DNA repair genes, smoking, and pancreatic adenocarcinoma riskRobert R McWilliams
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, USA
Cancer Res 68:4928-35. 2008..Allele and genotype frequencies for 16 SNPs in DNA repair genes ERCC1, XPD/ERCC2, XPC, XPF/ERCC4, OGG1, and XRCC1 were compared after adjusting for age, sex, and smoking history...
- Polymorphisms in MGMT and DNA repair genes and the risk of esophageal adenocarcinomaJames Doecke
Queensland Institute of Medical Research, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Int J Cancer 123:174-80. 2008..SNPs) (rs12269324, rs12268840, L84F, I143V, K178R), as well as SNPs in DNA repair genes ERCC1 (N118N), XRCC1 (Q399R) and XPD (K751Q). Relative risks were estimated using multivariable logistic regression...
- Polymorphisms in XRCC1 and XPG and response to platinum-based chemotherapy in advanced non-small cell lung cancer patientsXinchen Sun
Zhongda Hospital, Southeast University, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210009, China
Lung Cancer 65:230-6. 2009..polymorphisms (SNPs) in Xeroderma pigmentosum group G (XPG) and X-ray repair cross complementing group 1 (XRCC1) were associated with the tumor response in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) patients treated with platinum-..
- A novel T-77C polymorphism in DNA repair gene XRCC1 contributes to diminished promoter activity and increased risk of non-small cell lung cancerB Hao
Department of Biology Sciences and Biotechnology, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Oncogene 25:3613-20. 2006X-ray repair cross-complementing 1 (XRCC1) plays a key role in DNA base excision repair and cells lacking its activity are hypersensitive to DNA damage...
- Epidermal growth factor and ionizing radiation up-regulate the DNA repair genes XRCC1 and ERCC1 in DU145 and LNCaP prostate carcinoma through MAPK signalingAdly Yacoub
Department of Radiation Oncology, Medical College of Virginia, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Virginia 23298, USA
Radiat Res 159:439-52. 2003..importance of radiation-induced and ligand-induced EGFR-ERK signaling for the regulation of DNA repair proteins XRCC1 and ERCC1 in prostate carcinoma cells, DU145 (TP53(mut)), displaying EGFR-TGFA-dependent autocrine growth and high ..
- Single-nucleotide polymorphisms in BER and HRR genes, XRCC1 haplotypes and breast cancer risk in Caucasian womenSilvia Sterpone
Department of Biology, Rome Tre University, Rome, Italy
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 136:631-6. 2010This study aimed to assess whether haplotypes in XRCC1 and SNPs in OGG1 and XRCC3 were associated with an increased risk of developing breast cancer (BC) and early adverse reactions after radiotherapy.
- X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) genetic polymorphisms and gastric cancer risk: A HuGE review and meta-analysisHuiPing Xue
Department of Gastroenterology, Renji Hospital, Shanghai Institute of Gastrointestinal Diseases, School of Medicine, Shanghai Jiaotong University, People s Republic of China
Am J Epidemiol 173:363-75. 2011..performed a systematic review and meta-analysis of associations of the x-ray repair cross-complementing 1 gene (XRCC1) single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) Arg194Trp, Arg280His, and Arg399Gln with gastric cancer risk, based on ..
- Genomic sequence comparison of the human and mouse XRCC1 DNA repair gene regionsJ E Lamerdin
Human Genome Center, Biology and Biotechnology Research Program, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California 94550, USA
Genomics 25:547-54. 1995The XRCC1 (X-ray repair cross complementing) gene is involved in the efficient repair of DNA single-strand breaks formed by exposure to ionizing radiation and alkylating agents. The human gene maps to chromosome 19q13...
- Association between X-ray repair cross complementing group 1 codon 399 and 194 polymorphisms and lung cancer risk: a meta-analysisYadong Wang
National Institute of Occupational Health and Poison Control, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Beijing 100050, PR China
Cancer Lett 285:134-40. 2009..we assessed reported studies of association between polymorphisms of X-ray repair cross complementing group 1 (XRCC1) codon 399 and 194, and lung cancer risk...
- No association between hOGG1, XRCC1, and XPD polymorphisms and risk of reflux esophagitis, Barrett's esophagus, or esophageal adenocarcinoma: results from the factors influencing the Barrett's adenocarcinoma relationship case-control studyHeather R Ferguson
Division of Gastroenterology, Belfast City Hospital, Belfast BT9 7AB, Northern Ireland
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:736-9. 2008..polymorphic enzymes, including human 8-oxoguanine glycosylase 1 (hOGG1), X-ray repair cross-complementing 1 (XRCC1), and xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD)...
- Polymorphisms of DNA repair genes XRCC1 and XPD and risk of primary open angle glaucoma (POAG)Mehmet Guven
Department of Medical Biology, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine, University of Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey
Mol Vis 13:12-7. 2007..enzyme genes, Xeroderma pigmentosum complementation group D (XPD) codon 751 and X-ray cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) codon 399, in a sample of Turkish patients with POAG, and to evaluate their association with POAG development.
- Polymorphisms of the DNA repair gene XRCC1 and risk of gastric cancer in a Chinese populationH Shen
Department of Epidemiology and Statistics, School of Public Health, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Int J Cancer 88:601-6. 2000..In the present study, we described an association between 2 polymorphisms of the DNA repair gene XRCC1 and risk of gastric cancer in a Chinese population...
- Polymorphisms of DNA repair genes XPD and XRCC1 and risk of cataract developmentMustafa Unal
Department of Ophthalmology, Akdeniz University Medical Faculty, Antalya, Turkey
Exp Eye Res 85:328-34. 2007..enzyme genes, xeroderma pigmentosum complementation group D (XPD) codon 751 and X-ray cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) codon 399, in a sample of Turkish patients with maturity onset cataract...
- Nasopharyngeal carcinoma and genetic polymorphisms of DNA repair enzymes XRCC1 and hOGG1En Yu Cho
Graduate Institute of Epidemiology, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, Taipei 10018, Taiwan
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 12:1100-4. 2003..To evaluate this hypothesis, this study focused on effects of genetic polymorphisms of DNA repair genes hOGG1 and XRCC1 on the development of NPC...
- Polymorphisms in the DNA base excision repair genes APEX1 and XRCC1 and lung cancer risk in Xuan Wei, ChinaMin Shen
Occupational and Environmental Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 7240, USA
Anticancer Res 25:537-42. 2005..13; 95% CI, 0.96-4.74), whereas persons with the XRCC1 399Gln allele had a decreased risk (OR, 0.60; 95% CI, 0.35-1.02) of lung cancer compared with wild-type carriers...
- Identification of genetic variants in base excision repair pathway and their associations with risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinomaBingtao Hao
Laboratory of Systems Biology, Beijing Institute of Radiation Medicine, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Cancer Res 64:4378-84. 2004..2 in the coding regions (ADPRT Val762Ala and MBD4 Glu346Lys) and others in noncoding regions (LIG3 A3704G and XRCC1 T-77C), remained as significant predictors for the risk of ESCC. The adjusted odd ratios were 1...
- Combinational polymorphisms of four DNA repair genes XRCC1, XRCC2, XRCC3, and XRCC4 and their association with oral cancer in TaiwanChing Yu Yen
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Chi Mei Medical Center, Tainan, and School of Dentistry, Taipei Medical University, Taipei, Taiwan
J Oral Pathol Med 37:271-7. 2008..In this study, we focused on the joint effect for SNP combinations of four DNA repair genes, X-ray repair cross-complementing groups (XRCCs) 1-4, involved in major cancer-related pathways...
- Genetic variations in radiation and chemotherapy drug action pathways predict clinical outcomes in esophageal cancerXifeng Wu
Department of Epidemiology, Experimental Therapeutics, GI Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:3789-98. 2006..Understanding how specific genetic variants modify drug action pathways may provide informative blueprints for individualized chemotherapy...
- Physical and functional interaction between DNA ligase IIIalpha and poly(ADP-Ribose) polymerase 1 in DNA single-strand break repairJohn B Leppard
Department of Molecular Medicine, Institute of Biotechnology, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, Texas 78245, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:5919-27. 2003..breaks in mammalian cells is mediated by poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase 1 (PARP-1), DNA ligase IIIalpha, and XRCC1. Since these proteins are not found in lower eukaryotes, this DNA repair pathway plays a unique role in ..
- Are genetic polymorphisms in OGG1, XRCC1 and XRCC3 genes predictive for the DNA strand break repair phenotype and genotoxicity in workers exposed to low dose ionising radiations?Peter Aka
Laboratory for Cell Genetics, Department of Biology, Free University of Brussels, Pleinlaan 2, B 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Mutat Res 556:169-81. 2004..We have conducted a study to assess the predictivity of the OGG1, XRCC1 and XRCC3 genotypes and the in vitro single strand break repair phenotype for the induction of genotoxic effects...
- Influence of genetic polymorphisms on biomarkers of exposure and genotoxic effects in styrene-exposed workersLode Godderis
Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Laboratorium Voor Arbeidshygiëne en Toxicologie, 3000 Leuven, Belgium
Environ Mol Mutagen 44:293-303. 2004..frequencies of MNMC were found in individuals possessing the XRCC3 Met(241) allele and those individuals with the XRCC1 Gln( (399) ) allele showed higher frequencies of MNMC and MNCB...
- Polymorphisms of DNA repair genes and risk of non-small cell lung cancerShanbeh Zienolddiny
Department of Toxicology, National Institute of Occupational Health, Oslo, Norway
Carcinogenesis 27:560-7. 2006..NER) genes XPA, ERCC1, ERCC2/XPD, ERCC4/XPF and ERCC5/XPG; base excision repair (BER) genes APE1/APEX, OGG1, MPG, XRCC1, PCNA, POLB, POLiota, LIG3 and EXO1; double-strand break repair (DSB-R) genes XRCC2, XRCC3, XRCC9, NBS1 and ATR; ..
- XRCC1, XRCC3, XPD gene polymorphisms, smoking and (32)P-DNA adducts in a sample of healthy subjectsG Matullo
Dipartimento di Genetica, Biologia e Biochimica, Universita di Torino, 10126, Torino, ISI Foundation, Institute for Scientific Interchange, Villa Gualino, 10133, Torino, Italy
Carcinogenesis 22:1437-45. 2001..DNA damage, as measured by (32)P-DNA adduct levels, and three genetic polymorphisms in different repair genes: XRCC1-Arg399Gln (exon 10), XRCC3-Thr241Met (exon 7) and XPD-Lys751Gln (exon 23)...
- A requirement for PARP-1 for the assembly or stability of XRCC1 nuclear foci at sites of oxidative DNA damageSherif F El-Khamisy
Genome Damage and Stability Centre, University of Sussex, Falmer Brighton BN1 9RQ, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 31:5526-33. 2003..Here, we show that the single-strand break repair protein XRCC1 is rapidly assembled into discrete nuclear foci after oxidative DNA damage at sites of poly (ADP-ribose) synthesis...
- Genetic polymorphisms in DNA repair and damage response genes and late normal tissue complications of radiotherapy for breast cancerJ Chang-Claude
Division of Cancer Epidemiology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Germany
Br J Cancer 100:1680-6. 2009..Polymorphisms in genes involved in DNA repair (APEX1, XRCC1, XRCC2, XRCC3, XPD) and damage response (TP53, P21) were determined...
- Association between polymorphisms in DNA base excision repair genes XRCC1, APE1, and ADPRT and differentiated thyroid carcinomaFeng Yu Chiang
Department of Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery, Kaohsiung Medical University Hospital, Kaohsiung City, Taiwan
Clin Cancer Res 14:5919-24. 2008DNA BER pathway is related with carcinogenesis. We hypothesized that functional polymorphisms of three BER genes, XRCC1, apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease (APE1), and ADPRT, confer risks for DTC and its progression.
- Polymorphisms of the NER pathway genes, ERCC1 and XPD are associated with esophageal adenocarcinoma riskDarren Tse
Department of Applied Molecular Oncology, Ontario Cancer Institute, Princess Margaret Hospital, Toronto, ON, Canada
Cancer Causes Control 19:1077-83. 2008..Studies have focused on the nucleotide excision repair (NER) and base excision repair (BER) pathways. We investigated whether variant alleles in seven SNPs within these pathways increased the risk of esophageal adenocarcinoma...
- Joint effects of XRCC1 polymorphisms and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons exposure on sperm DNA damage and male infertilityGuixiang Ji
Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine, Institute of Toxicology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, China
Toxicol Sci 116:92-8. 2010X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) plays a role in repairing polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAHs)-induced DNA damage...
- XRCC1 coordinates the initial and late stages of DNA abasic site repair through protein-protein interactionsA E Vidal
Departement de Radiobiologie et Radiopathologie, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, UMR217 CNRS CEA, BP6, F 92265 Fontenay aux Roses, France
EMBO J 20:6530-9. 2001..APE1 therefore plays a central role in the base excision repair (BER) pathway. We report here that XRCC1, another essential protein involved in the maintenance of genome stability, physically interacts with APE1 and ..
- XRCC1 codon 280 and ERCC2 codon 751 polymorphisms and risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinoma in a Chinese populationXian Dun Zhai
Institute of Forensic Medicine, Hennan University of Science and Technoogy, Luoyang 471003, Henan, China
Bull Cancer 96:E61-5. 2009..b>XRCC1 (X-ray cross-complementing group 1) codon 280 and ERCC2 (excision repair cross complementing group 2) codon 751 ..
- Association between polymorphisms in DNA repair genes and survival of non-smoking female patients with lung adenocarcinomaZhihua Yin
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, PR China
BMC Cancer 9:439. 2009..repair cross-complementing group 1 (ERCC1) and group 2 (ERCC2), and X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) proteins play important roles in the repair of DNA damage and adducts...
- CHIP-mediated degradation and DNA damage-dependent stabilization regulate base excision repair proteinsJason L Parsons
Medical Research Council Radiation Oncology and Biology Unit, University of Oxford, Oxfordshire OX1 3QU, UK
Mol Cell 29:477-87. 2008..The scaffold protein XRCC1, DNA polymerase beta, and DNA ligase IIIalpha play pivotal roles in BER...
- Gastric cardia carcinoma is associated with the promoter -77T>C gene polymorphism of X-ray cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1)Giovanni Corso
Department of Human Pathology and Oncology, Section of General Surgery and Surgical Oncology, Translational Research Laboratory, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
J Gastrointest Surg 13:2233-8. 2009X-ray repair cross complementing group 1 (XRCC1) is one of the major DNA repair proteins involved in the bas-excision repair pathway...
- Genetic polymorphisms of XRCC1 and risk of the esophageal cancerJ M Lee
Department of Surgery, National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
Int J Cancer 95:240-6. 2001..We hypothesized that the polymorphic XRCC1 genes might modify cancer susceptibility of the esophagus...
- Haplotypes of microsomal epoxide hydrolase and x-ray cross-complementing group 1 genes in Indian hepatocellular carcinoma patientsManjula Kiran
Department of Biochemistry, Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Sector 12, Chandigarh, India
DNA Cell Biol 28:573-7. 2009..genetic polymorphism and haplotypes of microsomal epoxide hydrolase (mEPHX) and X-ray cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) with altered cancer risk...
- A prospective study of polymorphisms of DNA repair genes XRCC1, XPD23 and APE/ref-1 and risk of stroke in Linxian, ChinaSomdat Mahabir
Department of Epidemiology, CPB4 3247, UT MD Anderson Cancer Center, Unit 1340, 1155 Pressler Blvd, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Epidemiol Community Health 61:737-41. 2007..Stroke is the leading cause of death in Linxian, China. Although there is evidence of DNA damage in experimental stroke, no data exist on DNA repair and stroke in human populations...
- [Genetic polymorphisms in X-ray repair cross-complementing gene 1 and susceptibility to papillary thyroid carcinoma]Qian Xi Zhu
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, Fudan University, Shanghai 200032, China
Zhonghua Liu Xing Bing Xue Za Zhi 25:702-5. 2004To study the association of polymorphisms in the X-ray repair cross-complementing gene 1 (XRCC1) and papillary thyroid carcinoma (PTC).
- Dietary selenium intake, aldehyde dehydrogenase-2 and X-ray repair cross-complementing 1 genetic polymorphisms, and the risk of esophageal squamous cell carcinomaLin Cai
Department of Epidemiology, Fujian Medical University, Fuzhou, Fujian, China
Cancer 106:2345-54. 2006..To the authors' knowledge, few studies have been conducted to date regarding dietary selenium and the potential gene-nutrient interactions with single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in different pathways on the risk of esophageal cancer...
- XRCC1 gene polymorphisms and esophageal squamous cell carcinoma risk in Chinese population: A meta-analysis of case-control studiesLiping Dai
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Zhengzhou University, China
Int J Cancer 125:1102-9. 2009..Arg194Trp and Arg399Gln in the DNA-base excision repair gene X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) have been implicated in risk for esophageal cancer...
- XRCC1 genetic polymorphism and breast cancer riskSook-Un Kim
Department of Preventive Medicine, Konkuk University College of Medicine, Chungju, Korea
Pharmacogenetics 12:335-8. 2002
- Association of XRCC1 polymorphisms and risk of differentiated thyroid carcinoma: a case-control analysisTang Ho
Department of Head and Neck Surgery, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Thyroid 19:129-35. 2009Numerous single-nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) of the DNA repair gene XRCC1 have been described. These SNPs have been increasingly studied in the epidemiology of various cancer types...
- A prospective study of XRCC1 (X-ray cross-complementing group 1) polymorphisms and breast cancer riskAlpa V Patel
Department of Epidemiology and Surveillance Research, American Cancer Society, 1599 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30309, USA
Breast Cancer Res 7:R1168-73. 2005The gene XRCC1 (X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1) encodes a protein involved in DNA base excision repair...
- Polymorphisms of DNA repair genes and risk of gliomaLi E Wang
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Cancer Res 64:5560-3. 2004..chromosomal breaks, which may be influenced by genetic variation in genes involved in DNA strand breaks, such as XRCC1 in single-strand break repair, XRCC3 and RAD51 in homologous recombination repair, and XRCC7 in nonhomologous end ..
- Gene-environment interactions between the smoking habit and polymorphisms in the DNA repair genes, APE1 Asp148Glu and XRCC1 Arg399Gln, in Japanese lung cancer riskHidemi Ito
Division of Epidemiology and Prevention, Aichi Cancer Center Research Institute, Nagoya Aichi, Japan
Carcinogenesis 25:1395-401. 2004APE1 (apurinic/apyrimidinic endonuclease 1) and XRCC1 (X-ray cross-complementing group 1) are DNA repair proteins that play important roles in the base excision repair (BER) pathway...
- Association of molecular markers with toxicity outcomes in a randomized trial of chemotherapy for advanced colorectal cancer: the FOCUS trialMichael S Braun
Oncology and Clinical Research and Pathology and Tumour Biology Sections, Leeds Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Leeds, Leeds, United Kingdom
J Clin Oncol 27:5519-28. 2009..Predicting efficacy and toxicity could potentially allow individualization of cancer therapy. We investigated putative pharmacogenetic markers of chemotherapy toxicity in a large randomized trial. Patients, Materials, and..
- Genetic variation in XRCC1, sun exposure, and risk of skin cancerJ Han
Channing Laboratory, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, and Harvard Medical School, 181 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Br J Cancer 91:1604-9. 2004The XRCC1 gene is involved in the base excision repair pathway...
- Selected genetic polymorphisms in MGMT, XRCC1, XPD, and XRCC3 and risk of head and neck cancer: a pooled analysisWen Yi Huang
Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, EPS 8113, MSC 7240, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1747-53. 2005..to common nonsynonymous single-nucleotide polymorphisms in four DNA repair genes: MGMT (Leu84Phe and Ile143Val), XRCC1 (Arg399Gln), XPD (Lys751Gln), and XRCC3 (Thr241Met)...
- The protein kinase CK2 facilitates repair of chromosomal DNA single-strand breaksJoanna I Loizou
Genome Damage and Stability Centre, University of Sussex, Science Park Road, Falmer, Brighton BN1 9RQ, United Kingdom
Cell 117:17-28. 2004..We show that this essential protein kinase phosphorylates the scaffold protein XRCC1 and thereby enables the assembly and activity of DNA single-strand break repair protein complexes in vitro and at ..
- Pharmacogenetic profiling in patients with advanced colorectal cancer treated with first-line FOLFIRI chemotherapyA Ruzzo
Institute of Biochemistry G Fornaini, University of Urbino, Urbino, Italy
Pharmacogenomics J 8:278-88. 2008..Risk for Grade III-IV neutropenia was significantly associated with UGT1A1*28 7/7 genotype. These promising findings deserve further investigations and their validation in independent prospective studies...
- An interaction between the mammalian DNA repair protein XRCC1 and DNA ligase IIIK W Caldecott
Biology and Biotechnology Research Program, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California 94551 0808
Mol Cell Biol 14:68-76. 1994b>XRCC1, the human gene that fully corrects the Chinese hamster ovary DNA repair mutant EM9, encodes a protein involved in the rejoining of DNA single-strand breaks that arise following treatment with alkylating agents or ionizing ..
- DNA repair gene polymorphisms, bulky DNA adducts in white blood cells and bladder cancer in a case-control studyG Matullo
Dipartimento di Genetica, Biologia e Biochimica, Universita di Torino, Turin, Italy
Int J Cancer 92:562-7. 2001..controls (urological and non-urological), 3 DNA polymorphisms localized in 3 genes of different repair pathways (XRCC1-Arg399Gln, exon 10; XRCC3-Thr241Met, exon 7; XPD-Lys751Gln, exon 23) have been analyzed...
- Polymorphisms in the DNA repair gene XRCC1 and age-related diseaseWarren Ladiges
Comparative Mouse Genomics Center and Department of Comparative Medicine, University of Washington, P O Box 357190, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Mech Ageing Dev 124:27-32. 2003..Studies have demonstrated a role for XRCC1 both in vitro and in vivo during the repair of SSB...
- A polymorphism of the XRCC1 gene predicts for response to platinum based treatment in advanced colorectal cancerJ Stoehlmacher
University of Southern California Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center, Los Angeles 90033, USA
Anticancer Res 21:3075-9. 2001Recently, it has been demonstrated that the Arg399Gln substitution in the XRCC1 gene is associated with increased levels of markers of DNA damage...
- The polymorphism and haplotypes of XRCC1 and survival of non-small-cell lung cancer after radiotherapySang Min Yoon
Department of Radiation Oncology, Asan Medical Center, College of Medicine, University of Ulsan, Seoul, South Korea
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 63:885-91. 2005The X-ray repair cross-complementing Group 1 (XRCC1) protein is involved mainly in the base excision repair of the DNA repair process...
- A new XRCC1-containing complex and its role in cellular survival of methyl methanesulfonate treatmentHao Luo
Verna and Marrs McLean Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 24:8356-65. 2004..reaction suggests that the SSBR complex mediated by X-ray repair cross-complementing protein 1 (XRCC1) is assembled sequentially at the site of damage...
- XRCC1 polymorphisms and cancer risk: a meta-analysis of 38 case-control studiesZhibin Hu
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, Nanjing Medical University School of Public Health, 140 Hanzhong Road, 210029 Nanjing, China
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 14:1810-8. 2005..Arg194Trp, Arg280His, Arg399Gln) in the DNA base excision repair gene X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) have been implicated in cancer risk...
- DNA repair gene XRCC1 polymorphisms, smoking, and bladder cancer riskM C Stern
Laboratory of Molecular Carcinogenesis, National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, NIH, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, 27709, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 10:125-31. 2001..The XRCC1 gene protein plays an important role in BER by serving as a scaffold for other repair enzymes and by recognizing ..
- Combined analysis of genetic polymorphisms in thymidylate synthase, uridine diphosphate glucoronosyltransferase and X-ray cross complementing factor 1 genes as a prognostic factor in advanced colorectal cancer patients treated with 5-fluorouracil plus oxaEva Martinez-Balibrea
Medical Oncology Service, Institut Catala Oncologia, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol, Badalona 08916, Barcelona, Spain
Oncol Rep 17:637-45. 2007..study was to investigate the influence of combining thymidylate synthase (TS), X-ray cross complementing factor 1 (XRCC1) and uridine diphosphate glucoronosyltransferase (UGT1A1 *28) polymorphism genotypes in response rate and time to ..
- Pharmacogenetic approach for capecitabine or 5-fluorouracil selection to be combined with oxaliplatin as first-line chemotherapy in advanced colorectal cancerEva Martinez-Balibrea
Medical Oncology Service, Hospital Universitari Germans Trias i Pujol Institut Català d Oncologia, Badalona, Barcelona, Spain
Eur J Cancer 44:1229-37. 2008We studied the role of TS (5'VNTR, 5'SNP and 3'UTR), XRCC1-399, XPD-751, ERCC1-118 and XRCC3-241 genetic polymorphisms in tailoring fluroropyrimidine/oxaliplatin treatment...
- Polymorphisms in the DNA repair gene XRCC1 and breast cancerE J Duell
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, Lineberger Comprehensive Cancer Center, School of Medicine, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill 27599 7400, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 10:217-22. 2001X-ray repair cross complementing group 1 (XRCC1) encodes a protein involved in base excision repair...
- Role of a BRCT domain in the interaction of DNA ligase III-alpha with the DNA repair protein XRCC1R M Taylor
School of Biological Sciences, University of Manchester, UK
Curr Biol 8:877-80. 1998..over 40 other proteins, defining a superfamily that includes DNA ligase III-alpha and the essential human DNA repair protein XRCC1. DNA ligase III-alpha and XRCC1 interact via their carboxyl termini, close to or within regions that ..
- XRCC1 Arg399Gln, Arg194Trp and Arg280His polymorphisms in breast cancer risk: a meta-analysisYongsheng Huang
Institute of Genetics, Fudan University, Shanghai, People s Republic of China
Mutagenesis 24:331-9. 2009X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) plays an important role in base excision and single-strand break repair, as a scaffold protein that brings together proteins of the DNA repair complex, and appears to be a candidate for ..
- Reconstitution of DNA base excision-repair with purified human proteins: interaction between DNA polymerase beta and the XRCC1 proteinY Kubota
Imperial Cancer Research Fund, Clare Hall Laboratories, South Mimms, Hertfordshire, UK
EMBO J 15:6662-70. 1996..The XRCC1 protein, which is known to bind DNA ligase III, is not absolutely required for the reaction but suppresses strand ..
- Influence of DNA repair gene polymorphisms on the yield of chromosomal aberrationsAnne Kiuru
Department of Research and Environmental Surveillance, STUK Radiation and Nuclear Safety Authority, FIN 00881 Helsinki, Finland
Environ Mol Mutagen 46:198-205. 2005..of DNA repair polymorphisms in this variation, genotypes of DNA repair genes OGG1 (codon 326), XPD (codon 751), XRCC1 (X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1) (codons 194, 280, and 399), and XRCC3 (X-ray repair cross-complementing ..
- Polymorphisms of the XRCC1, XRCC3, & XPD genes, and colorectal cancer risk: a case-control study in TaiwanChih Ching Yeh
Institute of Environmental Health, National Taiwan University College of Public Health, Taipei 100, Taiwan
BMC Cancer 5:12. 2005..This study was designed to examine the polymorphisms associated with three DNA repair genes, namely: XRCC1 Arg399Gln, XRCC3 Thr241Met and XPD Lys751Gln, and investigate their role as susceptibility markers for colorectal ..
- Polymorphisms in DNA repair genes in the molecular pathogenesis of esophageal (Barrett) adenocarcinomaAlan G Casson
Department of Surgery, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Carcinogenesis 26:1536-41. 2005..extracted from blood samples, we identified wild-type and polymorphic variants of XPD (Arg156Arg and Lys751Gln), XRCC1 (Arg194Trp and Arg399Gln) and XRCC3 (Thr241Met), and the poly (AT) insertion/deletion of XPC (PAT)...
- Molecular cloning of the human XRCC1 gene, which corrects defective DNA strand break repair and sister chromatid exchangeL H Thompson
Biomedical Sciences Division, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California 94550
Mol Cell Biol 10:6160-71. 1990We describe the cloning and function of the human XRCC1 gene, which is the first mammalian gene isolated that affects cellular sensitivity to ionizing radiation...
- XRCC1 polymorphisms, cooking oil fume and lung cancer in Chinese women nonsmokersMingchuan Li
Department of Epidemiology, School of Public Health, China Medical University, Shenyang 110001, Liaoning Province, People s Republic of China
Lung Cancer 62:145-51. 2008X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) is one of the major DNA repair proteins involved in the base excision repair (BER) and single-strand break repair (SSBR) pathway...
- XRCC1 is phosphorylated by DNA-dependent protein kinase in response to DNA damageNicolas Levy
Département Intégrité du Génome de l UMR 7175, CNRS, Ecole Superieure de Biotechnologie de Strasbourg, Boulevard S Brant, BP 10413, F 67412 Illkirch cedex, France
Nucleic Acids Res 34:32-41. 2006The two BRCT domains (BRCT1 and BRCT2) of XRCC1 mediate a network of protein-protein interactions with several key factors of the DNA single-strand breaks (SSBs) and base damage repair pathways...
- Roles of DNA ligase III and XRCC1 in regulating the switch between short patch and long patch BEREva Petermann
Institut fur Biochemie, Freie Universitat Berlin, Thielallee 63, 14195 Berlin, Federal Republic of Germany
DNA Repair (Amst) 5:544-55. 2006..a reconstituted BER complex containing among others DNA polymerase beta (Pol beta), DNA ligase III (Lig III) and XRCC1, here we show that Lig III and XRCC1 are essential mediators of this regulation...
- DNA repair polymorphisms might contribute differentially on familial and sporadic breast cancer susceptibility: a study on a Portuguese populationSandra Costa
ICVS, Life and Health Sciences Research Institute, Health Science School, Minho University, Braga, 4710 057, Portugal
Breast Cancer Res Treat 103:209-17. 2007..We analysed DNA samples from 285 breast cancer patients and 442 control subjects, for XRCC1 Arg399Gln, XPD Lys751Gln, RAD51 G135C and XRCC3 Thr241Met polymorphisms using PCR-RFLP...
- Pharmacogenetic profiling in patients with advanced colorectal cancer treated with first-line FOLFOX-4 chemotherapyAnnamaria Ruzzo
Institute of Biochemistry G Fornaini, University of Urbino, Urbino, Italy
J Clin Oncol 25:1247-54. 2007....
- DNA damage repair and genetic polymorphisms: assessment of individual sensitivity and repair capacityTommaso Cornetta
Department of Biology, Universita degli Studi Roma Tre, Rome, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 66:537-45. 2006..To study the repair capacity after X-ray irradiation in human peripheral blood cells of healthy subjects, in relation to their genotypes...
- Genetic polymorphisms in DNA base-excision repair genes ADPRT, XRCC1, and APE1 and the risk of squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neckChunying Li
Department of Epidemiology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Cancer 110:867-75. 2007..BER) pathway, in which adenosine diphosphate ribosyl transferase (ADPRT), x-ray repair cross-complementing 1 (XRCC1), and apurinic/apyimidinic endonuclease (APE1) play key roles...
- A population-based study of the Arg399Gln polymorphism in X-ray repair cross- complementing group 1 (XRCC1) and risk of pancreatic adenocarcinomaEric J Duell
Department of Cancer Cell Biology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Res 62:4630-6. 2002b>XRCC1 (X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1) is a base excision repair protein that plays a central role in the repair of DNA strand breaks and base damage from a variety of endogenous and exogenous oxidants including tobacco smoke...
- Effects on sister chromatid exchange frequency of polymorphisms in DNA repair gene XRCC1 in smokersYu Chen Lei
Institute of Occupational Medicine and Industrial Hygiene, College of Public Health, National Taiwan University, No 1 Ren Ai Road, Sec 1, 10018 Taipei, ROC
Mutat Res 519:93-101. 2002..microsomal epoxide hydrolase (mEH), glutathione S-transferase M1 (GSTM1), and X-ray cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) and cigarette smoking-induced SCE. Sixty-one workers without significant exposure to mutagens were recruited...
- XRCC1 genotype and breast cancer: functional studies and epidemiologic data show interactions between XRCC1 codon 280 His and smokingBrian F Pachkowski
Department of Environmental Sciences, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599, USA
Cancer Res 66:2860-8. 2006..DNA damage that necessitates repair by base excision repair coordinated by X-ray cross-complementing gene 1 (XRCC1)...
- Influence of hOGG1, XRCC1 and XRCC3 genotypes on biomarkers of genotoxicity in workers exposed to cobalt or hard metal dustsR Mateuca
Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Laboratorium voor Cellulaire Genetica, Pleinlaan 2, B 1050 Brussels, Belgium
Toxicol Lett 156:277-88. 2005..We examined whether variations in genes involved in base-excision (hOGG1, XRCC1) and double strand break (XRCC3) DNA repair contribute to inter-individual differences in genotoxic effects ..
- XRCC1 polymorphisms and severe toxicity in lung cancer patients treated with cisplatin-based chemotherapy in Chinese populationZhonghua Wang
Department of Medical Oncology, Cancer Hospital of Fudan University, Shanghai Medical College, No 270 Dongan Road, Shanghai 200032, PR China
Lung Cancer 62:99-104. 2008..The predictability of DNA repair XRCC1 (X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 protein) single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) for cisplatin-based ..
- XRCC1-DNA polymerase beta interaction is required for efficient base excision repairIrina I Dianova
Radiation and Genome Stability Unit, Medical Research Council, Harwell, Oxfordshire OX11 0RD, UK
Nucleic Acids Res 32:2550-5. 2004X-ray repair cross-complementing protein-1 (XRCC1)-deficient cells are sensitive to DNA damaging agents and have delayed processing of DNA base lesions...
- Kin-cohort estimates for familial breast cancer risk in relation to variants in DNA base excision repair, BRCA1 interacting and growth factor genesAlice J Sigurdson
Radiation Epidemiology Branch, Division of Cancer Epidemiology and Genetics, National Cancer Institute, NIH, DHHS, 6120 Executive Boulevard, Bethesda, Maryland, 20892 7238, USA
BMC Cancer 4:9. 2004..Thus, 19 single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in eight genes involved in base excision repair (XRCC1, APEX, POLD1), BRCA1 protein interaction (BRIP1, ZNF350, BRCA2), and growth regulation (TGFss1, IGFBP3) were ..
- Genetic polymorphisms and head and neck cancer outcomes: a reviewJessica Hopkins
Community Medicine Residency Program and Department of Family Medicine, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:490-9. 2008..Polymorphisms of XRCC1, FGFR, and CCND1 have been consistently associated with HNC survival in at least two studies, whereas most of the ..
- DNA repair gene XRCC1 and XPD polymorphisms and risk of lung cancer in a Chinese populationSenqing Chen
Laboratory of Genetics, Jiangsu Institute for Cancer Research, Nanjing 210009, People s Republic of China
Carcinogenesis 23:1321-5. 2002X-ray repair cross-complementing group 1 (XRCC1) and xeroderma pigmentosum group D (XPD) are mainly involved in base excision repair (BER) and nucleotide excision repair (NER) of DNA repair pathways, respectively...
- Pterygium and genetic polymorphisms of the DNA repair enzymes XRCC1, XPA, and XPDChun Chi Chiang
Department of Ophthalmology, China Medical University Hospital, Taichung, Taiwan
Mol Vis 16:698-704. 2010..NER) systems are the major ones involved in repairing UV-induced DNA damage; X-ray repair cross complementary 1 (XRCC1) and human 8-oxoguanine DNA glycosylase 1 (hOGG1) are two BER genes, and xeroderma pigmentosum group A (XPA) and ..
- Beta-blockers and diuretics: to use or not to useF H Messerli
Department of Internal Medicine, Ochsner Clinic and Alton Ochsner Medical Foundation, New Orleans, Louisiana 70121, USA
Am J Hypertens 12:157S-163S. 1999..safety and efficacy, the recent findings suggesting that long-term use increased the risk for renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is of concern...
- E2F1 regulates the base excision repair gene XRCC1 and promotes DNA repairDexi Chen
Department of Medicine, Division of Hematology and Medical Oncology, Oregon Health and Science University, 3181 S W Sam Jackson Park Road, Portland, OR 97239, USA
J Biol Chem 283:15381-9. 2008..b>XRCC1 (x-ray repair cross-complementing group 1) protein is important for efficient single strand break/base excision ..
- Colloid cyst of the third ventricle: a comparative ultrastructural study of neuraxis cysts and choroid plexus epitheliumB Lach
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Ottawa Civic Hospital, Ontario, Canada
Ultrastruct Pathol 16:331-49. 1992Thirteen colloid cysts (CC), four Rathke cleft cysts (RCC), three follicular cysts of normal pituitary gland (FCP), four enterogenous cysts (EC), three normal choroid plexi (CP), three choroid plexus papillomas (CPP), and several samples ..
- Renal angiomyolipoma: report of three cases with regional lymph node involvement and/or with renal cell carcinomaG Csanaky
Department of Pathology, , Hungary
Tumori 81:469-74. 1995..different organ sites such as kidneys, lymph nodes, liver and lung and may be associated with renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Serum levels of cytokines and soluble cytokine receptors in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma or malignant melanoma receiving IL-2/interferon-alpha combination therapyS D Fossa
Department of Medical Oncology and Radiotherapy, Norwegian Radium Hospital, Oslo
Acta Oncol 34:599-603. 1995..and (at a lesser degree) of sTNFR-75 were found in most of the patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC) or malignant melanoma (MM) before immunotherapy and with further increase during treatment (intravenous infusions ..
- Interleukin-2, interferon-alpha and interleukin-2 plus interferon-alpha in renal cell carcinoma. A randomized phase II trialF Boccardo
Department of Medical Oncology II, National Institute for Cancer Research, Genoa, Italy
Tumori 84:534-9. 1998..IFN), either alone or in combination, in comparable groups of patients affected by advanced renal cell carcinoma (RCC). PATIENTS AND METHODS: In order to limit selection biases, treatment was allocated on a random basis...
- A randomized study of low-dose interleukin-2 subcutaneous immunotherapy versus interleukin-2 plus interferon-alpha as first line therapy for metastatic renal cell carcinomaP Lissoni
Divisione di Radioterapia Oncologica, Ospedale S. Gerardo, Monza (Milano, Italy
Tumori 79:397-400. 1993..rate comparable to that obtained with IL-2 intravenous injection in patients with metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC) but with lower toxicity. The role of IFN when combined with IL-2 has however still to be defined...
- Estramustine-binding protein (EMBP) in renal cell carcinoma immunohistochemistry, immunoscintigraphy and in vitro estramustine effectsM Edgren
Department of Oncology, Akademiska sjukhuset, Uppsala University, Sweden
Acta Oncol 35:483-8. 1996The present report shows that the human renal cell carcinoma (RCC) cell lines, A498 and CAKI-2, express the estramustine-binding protein (EMBP)...
- Significance of thymidylate synthase activity in renal cell carcinomaYoichi Mizutani
Department of Urology, Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine, Kyoto 602 8566
Clin Cancer Res 9:1453-60. 20035-Fluorouracil (5-FU) is an anticancer agent clinically used against various cancers including renal cell carcinoma (RCC). 5-FU inhibits thymidylate synthase (TS) and blocks DNA synthesis...
- Vinblastine and interferon-alpha-2a regimen in the treatment of metastatic renal cell carcinomaS Palmeri
Sezione di Oncologia Clinica, Policlinico,
Tumori 76:64-5. 1990Thirteen patients with histologically proven advanced and/or metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC) were treated with vinblastine (Velbe, Eli Lilly, Sesto Fiorentino, Italy) and interferon-alpha-2a (Roferon-A, Roche, Milan)...
- Genotype and phenotype predictors in therapy response in renal cell carcinomaKatherine L Nathanson; Fiscal Year: 2010Therapy of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) has been transformed in recent years by the efficacy of targeted agents that inhibit kinases involved in critical cellular signaling pathways and VEGF, a primary driver of tumor angiogenesis...
- Genotype and phenotype predictors in therapy response in renal cell carcinomaWilliam Lee; Fiscal Year: 2009Therapy of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) has been transformed in recent years by the efficacy of targeted agents that inhibit kinases involved in critical cellular signaling pathways and VEGF, a primary driver of tumor angiogenesis...
- Genetic Susceptibility Modifiers in Renal Cell CarcinomaXifeng Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..Tobacco exposure is an established risk factor for renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- Regulations of DNA Alkylation/Deamination Damage RepairRabindra Roy; Fiscal Year: 2010..with and can be stimulated by various factors including hHR23A/B (a nucleotide excision repair protein) and XRCC1 (a BER protein)...
- Regulations of DNA Alkylation/Deamination Damage RepairRabindra Roy; Fiscal Year: 2009..with and can be stimulated by various factors including hHR23A/B (a nucleotide excision repair protein) and XRCC1 (a BER protein)...
- Regulations of DNA Alkylation/Deamination Damage RepairRabindra Roy; Fiscal Year: 2011..with and can be stimulated by various factors including hHR23A/B (a nucleotide excision repair protein) and XRCC1 (a BER protein)...
- Expression profiling of renal cell carcinoma utilizing tissue from CALGB 90206Hyung L Kim; Fiscal Year: 2010One third of patients newly diagnosed with renal cell carcinoma (RCC) have metastatic disease...
- Clinical Impact of B7-H Immune Cell Coregulators in Renal Cell CarcinomaEugene Kwon; Fiscal Year: 2009Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) encompasses 90% of kidney cancers and 3% of adult cancers. In the U.S. alone, more than 30,000 new cases of RCC are diagnosed and nearly 13,000 patients die from RCC annually...
- Clinical Impact of B7-H Immune Cell Coregulators in Renal Cell CarcinomaEUGENE D contact KWON; Fiscal Year: 2010Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) encompasses 90% of kidney cancers and 3% of adult cancers. In the U.S. alone, more than 30,000 new cases of RCC are diagnosed and nearly 13,000 patients die from RCC annually...
- Targeting Tumor Angiogenesis with SAHA and Bevacizumab in Kidney CancerRoberto Pili; Fiscal Year: 2007..angiogenesis is critical for the development and progression of epithelial tumors including renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- REGULATORY PATHWAYS AND ROLE OF VPF/VEGF IN RENAL CANCERDebabrata Mukhopadhyay; Fiscal Year: 2009Most of the cases, the clear-cell renal cell carcinoma (RCC) express strikingly elevated baseline levels of vascular permeability factor also known as vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) rationalized their vascular nature...
- REGULATORY PATHWAYS AND ROLE OF VPF/VEGF IN RENAL CANCERDebabrata Mukhopadhyay; Fiscal Year: 2010Most of the cases, the clear-cell renal cell carcinoma (RCC) express strikingly elevated baseline levels of vascular permeability factor also known as vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) rationalized their vascular nature...
- Identification of Biomarkers for Early Detection of Renal Cell CarcinomaOthon Iliopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2010The incidence of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) in United States has been projected to reach 56,000 cases/year in 2007 and has been rising since 1970 for both men and women and for whites as well as blacks...
- Analysis of the Novel Kinase ROR2: A New Molecular Target in Renal Cell CarcinomaTricia Wright; Fiscal Year: 2007Renal cell carcinoma (RCC), a notoriously hard to treat solid tumor and the most common form of kidney cancer, has minimal sensitivity to traditional chemotherapy...
- MOLECULAR-GENETIC ANALYSIS OF 3P14 GENOMIC STABILITYHarry Drabkin; Fiscal Year: 2006..of any protein that interacts with VHL and its function may be germane to the development of renal cell carcinoma (RCC)...
- TRAIL-expressing Recombinant Adenovirus Based Immunotherapy for RCCThomas S Griffith; Fiscal Year: 2010This year in the U.S. ~40,000 new cases of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) will be diagnosed and >13,000 deaths are expected from RCC...
- TRAIL-expressing Recombinant Adenovirus Based Immunotherapy for RCCTHOMAS GRIFFITH; Fiscal Year: 2009This year in the U.S. ~40,000 new cases of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) will be diagnosed and >13,000 deaths are expected from RCC...
- Genetic Retargeted Human T-cells for RCC ImmunotherapyWayne Marasco; Fiscal Year: 2006Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is the most prevalent malignancy within the kidney and the incidence is rising. Due to improved radiological evaluation, over 50% of the renal cancers are found incidentally...
- Roles of Lig3 and XRCC1 Genes in Genome StabilityAlan E Tomkinson; Fiscal Year: 2010..Interestingly, the DNA ligase III?-associated proteins, poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase 1 (PARP-1), XRCC1 and DNA polymerase (Pol) ?, each of which have been implicated in base excision repair and the repair of DNA ..
- Allogeneic T Cell Responses Against Renal Cell CarcinomaEdus Warren; Fiscal Year: 2007Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is distinguished amongst solid tumors for its resistance to conventional chemo- and radiotherapy but its susceptibility, in a minority of patients, to immunologic manipulation...
- Predictive Markers in Metastatic Renal CancerFrederic M Waldman; Fiscal Year: 2010Metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is a dismal disease, with nearly uniform resistance to radiotherapy, chemotherapy and immunotherapy...
- Predictive Markers in Metastatic Renal CancerFrederic Waldman; Fiscal Year: 2009Metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is a dismal disease, with nearly uniform resistance to radiotherapy, chemotherapy and immunotherapy...
- Recombinant Immunotherapy for Renal Cell CarcinomaTHOMAS GRIFFITH; Fiscal Year: 2007..This year in the U.S. approximately 30,000 new cases of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) will be diagnosed and nearly 12,000 deaths are expected from RCC...
- MDA-7/IL-24 and free radicals in renal cancer therapyPaul Dent; Fiscal Year: 2007Renal Cell Carcinoma (RCC) is among the most lethal and difficult tumors to treat, particularly when disease has spread beyond the kidney and into the surrounding fascia; even intensive combinations of radio- and chemotherapy are not ..
- MDA-7/IL-24 and free radicals in renal cancer therapyPaul Dent; Fiscal Year: 2009Renal Cell Carcinoma (RCC) is among the most lethal and difficult tumors to treat, particularly when disease has spread beyond the kidney and into the surrounding fascia; even intensive combinations of radio- and chemotherapy are not ..
- Autoimmune Mechanisms in the Response to Renal CancerJulie Ellerhorst; Fiscal Year: 2006..on the hypothesis that mechanisms of autoimmunity are utilized to control or kill metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC), and that RCC patients who have genotypic or biologic features associated with autoimmune disorders are more ..
- Therapeutic Modulation of COX-2-induced Immunosuppression in Metastatic RCCBrian Rini; Fiscal Year: 2007A previous clinical trial in metastatic renal cell carcinoma (RCC) of interferon alpha (IFNA) combined with a cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitor, celecoxib, demonstrated clinical responses only in patients with tumors expressing high ..
- TGF Beta receptor biology in human renal cell carcinomaJOHN COPLAND; Fiscal Year: 2009Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is a major health issue. While localized disease can be cured surgically, there is no effective treatment for metastatic disease...
- TGF Beta receptor biology in human renal cell carcinomaJOHN COPLAND; Fiscal Year: 2007Renal cell carcinoma (RCC) is a major health issue. While localized disease can be cured surgically, there is no effective treatment for metastatic disease...
- WORKER GENETIC SUSCEPTIBILITY TO MUTAGENIC RISKPaul Brandt Rauf; Fiscal Year: 2005..We have also demonstrated a much larger significant effect of an inherited polymorphism in the DNA repair protein XRCC1 on the occurrence of one of these biomarkers (mutant p53), but not the other one (mutant ras-pl 1), in ..
- WORKER GENETIC SUSCEPTIBILITY TO MUTAGENIC RISKPaul Brandt Rauf; Fiscal Year: 2007..We have also demonstrated a much larger significant effect of an inherited polymorphism in the DNA repair protein XRCC1 on the occurrence of one of these biomarkers (mutant p53), but not the other one (mutant ras-pl1),in ..
- BIOPHYSICAL AND SCANNING FORCE MICROSCOPY STUDIESDOROTHY ERIE; Fiscal Year: 2001..subsequently sealed by a DNA ligase (either DNA ligase I or DNA ligase III in the presence of the repair protein XRCC1). BER involves a complex set of interactions between the repair proteins and DNA...
- Prenatal Exposures & Procarcinogenic MutationsManuela Orjuela; Fiscal Year: 2007..Infant DNA repair capacity (XPD/XRCC1) probably also plays a role in the persistence of chromosomal damage...
- New England, New York and Quebec Regional Clinical CenterMartin LeWinter; Fiscal Year: 2007This is an application for designation as a Regional Clinical Center (RCC) of the Heart Failure (HF) Clinical Research Network...
- Chemoresistance in Renal Cell CancerJESSIE AU; Fiscal Year: 2006Patients with metastatic renal cell cancer (RCC) have a bleak prognosis with an average survival time of less than 18 months. Hence, there is an urgent need of more effective treatments...
- Implementation of Resident-Centered CareMELANIE KRAUSE; Fiscal Year: 2007..Providing resident-centered care (RCC) is seen by long-term care stakeholders as a promising strategy for achieving higher quality of care and quality of ..
- Implementation of Resident-Centered CareMELANIE KRAUSE; Fiscal Year: 2009..Providing resident-centered care (RCC) is seen by long-term care stakeholders as a promising strategy for achieving higher quality of care and quality of ..
- PROPOSAL TO CREATE A CANADIAN COLLABORATIVE RCCIan Stiell; Fiscal Year: 2007This application is a proposal to create a Collaborative Canadian Regional Clinical Center (RCC), with two major partners: the University of Ottawa/OPALS Study Group and the University of British Columbia Group...