Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: XAB2
Description: XPA binding protein 2
Alias: HCNP, HCRN, NTC90, SYF1, pre-mRNA-splicing factor SYF1, SYF1 homolog, RNA splicing factor, SYF1 pre-mRNA-splicing factor, crn-related protein kim1
- Ballhorn D, Kautz S, Heil M, Hegeman A. Cyanogenesis of wild lima bean (Phaseolus lunatus L.) is an efficient direct defence in nature. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5450 pubmed publisher..In this study, we focus on the cyanogenic potential (HCNp; concentration of cyanogenic glycosides) as a crucial parameter determining lima beans' cyanogenesis, i.e...
- Hahn N, Bivalacqua T, Ross A, Netto G, Baras A, Park J, et al. A Phase II Trial of Dovitinib in BCG-Unresponsive Urothelial Carcinoma with FGFR3 Mutations or Overexpression: Hoosier Cancer Research Network Trial HCRN 12-157. Clin Cancer Res. 2017;23:3003-3011 pubmed publisher..Absent clinical activity suggests that patient selection by pFGFR3 IHC alone does not enrich for response to FGFR3 kinase inhibitors in urothelial carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res; 23(12); 3003-11. ©2016 AACR. ..
- Godschalx A, Stady L, Watzig B, Ballhorn D. Is protection against florivory consistent with the optimal defense hypothesis?. BMC Plant Biol. 2016;16:32 pubmed publisher..To test this hypothesis, we quantified the cyanogenic potential (HCNp)-a direct, chemical defense-systemically expressed in vegetative and reproductive organs in lima bean (Phaseolus ..
- De I, Bessonov S, Hofele R, Dos Santos K, Will C, Urlaub H, et al. The RNA helicase Aquarius exhibits structural adaptations mediating its recruitment to spliceosomes. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2015;22:138-44 pubmed publisher..Our findings highlight the remarkable structural adaptations of a helicase to achieve position-specific recruitment to a ribonucleoprotein complex and reveal a new building block of the human spliceosome. ..
- Nakatsu Y, Asahina H, Citterio E, Rademakers S, Vermeulen W, Kamiuchi S, et al. XAB2, a novel tetratricopeptide repeat protein involved in transcription-coupled DNA repair and transcription. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:34931-7 pubmed..Here we report the identification of a novel protein designated XAB2 (XPA-binding protein 2) that was identified by virtue of its ability to interact with XPA, a factor central to both ..
- Kulkarni A, Riva Cambrin J, Rozzelle C, Naftel R, Alvey J, Reeder R, et al. Endoscopic third ventriculostomy and choroid plexus cauterization in infant hydrocephalus: a prospective study by the Hydrocephalus Clinical Research Network. J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2017;:1-10 pubmed publisher..To address this, the Hydrocephalus Clinical Research Network (HCRN) conducted a prospective study of ETV+CPC in infants...
- Pei N, Cao L, Liu Y, Wu J, Song Q, Zhang Z, et al. XAB2 tagSNPs contribute to non-small cell lung cancer susceptibility in Chinese population. BMC Cancer. 2015;15:560 pubmed publisherXPA-binding protein 2 (XAB2) interacts with Cockayne syndrome complementation group A (CSA), group B (CSB) and RNA polymerase II to initiate nucleotide excision repair...
- Masaki S, Yoshimoto R, Kaida D, Hata A, Satoh T, Ohno M, et al. Identification of the specific interactors of the human lariat RNA debranching enzyme 1 protein. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:3705-21 pubmed publisher..hDbr1 protein specifically interacts with xeroderma pigmentosum, complementeation group A (XPA)-binding protein 2 (Xab2). We also attempted to identify specific interactors of hDbr1...
- Kuraoka I, Ito S, Wada T, Hayashida M, Lee L, Saijo M, et al. Isolation of XAB2 complex involved in pre-mRNA splicing, transcription, and transcription-coupled repair. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:940-50 pubmed..b>XAB2 (XPA-binding protein 2), containing tetratricopeptide repeats, has been isolated by virtue of its ability to ..
- Kim Y, Kang H, Jetten A. The Krüppel-like zinc finger protein Glis2 functions as a negative modulator of the Wnt/beta-catenin signaling pathway. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:858-64 pubmed..Our results indicate that Glis2 interacts with beta-catenin and suggest that Glis2 functions as a negative modulator of beta-catenin/TCF-mediated transcription. ..
- Aoki Y, Sato A, Mizutani S, Takagi M. Hematopoietic myeloid cell differentiation diminishes nucleotide excision repair. Int J Hematol. 2014;100:260-5 pubmed publisher..This treatment can induce leukemic cell differentiation, leading to extremely high remission rates. XAB2, a molecule involved in nucleotide excision repair (NER), is downregulated during granulocyte differentiation and ..
- Onyango D, Howard S, Neherin K, Yanez D, Stark J. Tetratricopeptide repeat factor XAB2 mediates the end resection step of homologous recombination. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:5702-16 pubmed publisherWe examined the influence of the tetratricopeptide repeat factor XAB2 on chromosomal break repair, and found that XAB2 promotes end resection that generates the 3' ssDNA intermediate for homologous recombination (HR)...
- Gnatt A, Cramer P, Fu J, Bushnell D, Kornberg R. Structural basis of transcription: an RNA polymerase II elongation complex at 3.3 A resolution. Science. 2001;292:1876-82 pubmed..Protein-nucleic acid contacts help explain DNA and RNA strand separation, the specificity of RNA synthesis, "abortive cycling" during transcription initiation, and RNA and DNA translocation during transcription elongation. ..
- Hou S, Li N, Zhang Q, Li H, Wei X, Hao T, et al. XAB2 functions in mitotic cell cycle progression via transcriptional regulation of CENPE. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2409 pubmed publisherXeroderma pigmentosum group A (XPA)-binding protein 2 (XAB2) is a multi-functional protein that plays critical role in processes including transcription, transcription-coupled DNA repair, pre-mRNA splicing, homologous recombination and ..
- Wan R, Yan C, Bai R, Lei J, Shi Y. Structure of an Intron Lariat Spliceosome from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Cell. 2017;171:120-132.e12 pubmed publisher..The DEAH family ATPase/helicase Prp43 binds Syf1 at the periphery of the spliceosome, with its RNA-binding site close to the 3' end of U6 snRNA...
- Sato T, Ohi Y, Kato D, Mizuno M, Takase H, Kanamori T, et al. Hippocampal Cholinergic Neurostimulating Peptide as a Possible Modulating Factor against Glutamatergic Neuronal Disability by Amyloid Oligomers. Cell Transplant. 2017;26:1542-1550 pubmed publisher..the importance of a cholinergic regulator gene in the MSN, hippocampal cholinergic neurostimulating peptide (HCNP)...
- Fousteri M, Vermeulen W, Van Zeeland A, Mullenders L. Cockayne syndrome A and B proteins differentially regulate recruitment of chromatin remodeling and repair factors to stalled RNA polymerase II in vivo. Mol Cell. 2006;23:471-82 pubmed..for attraction of NER proteins to lesion-stalled RNAPIIo, yet in cooperation with CSB is required to recruit XAB2, the nucleosomal binding protein HMGN1, and TFIIS...