Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: WNT1
Description: Wnt family member 1
Alias: BMND16, INT1, OI15, proto-oncogene Wnt-1, proto-oncogene Int-1 homolog, wingless-type MMTV integration site family member 1, wingless-type MMTV integration site family, member 1 (oncogene INT1)
Publications277 found, 100 shown here
- Wnt1-Cre-mediated deletion of AP-2alpha causes multiple neural crest-related defectsStephanie Brewer
Department of Molecular, Cellular and Developmental Biology, Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Dev Biol 267:135-52. 2004..of tcfap2a which has subsequently been intercrossed with mice expressing Cre recombinase under the control of Wnt1 cis-regulatory sequences...
- Distribution of the multidrug efflux pump genes, adeABC, adeDE and adeIJK, and class 1 integron genes in multiple-antimicrobial-resistant clinical isolates of Acinetobacter baumannii-Acinetobacter calcoaceticus complexLi Lin
Institute of Materia Medica and Department of Pharmacology, North Sichuan Medical College, Nanchong, Sichuan 637007, China
Int J Antimicrob Agents 33:27-32. 2009..The presence of adeSR-adeABC, adeDE and adeIJK drug efflux system genes and class 1 integron genes (integrase gene int1) was assessed by polymerase chain reaction (PCR) in relation to the susceptibility of the isolates to 20 ..
- Expression and aberrant promoter methylation of Wnt inhibitory factor-1 in human astrocytomasZhuanyi Yang
Department of Neurosurgery, Xiangya Hospital of Central South University, Changsha, Hunan, 410078, PR China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 29:26. 2010..With this work we intended to investigate the expression and promoter methylation status of WIF-1 gene in human astrocytomas...
- Diallyl disulfide suppresses proliferation and induces apoptosis in human gastric cancer through Wnt-1 signaling pathway by up-regulation of miR-200b and miR-22Hailin Tang
Department of Breast Oncology, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, Guangdong, People s Republic of China State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Sun Yat sen University Cancer Center, Guangzhou, Guangdong, People s Republic of China Cancer Research Institute, University of South China, Hengyang, Hunan, People s Republic of China
Cancer Lett 340:72-81. 2013..It indicated that miR-200b and miR-22 may serve as potential gene therapy and enhance Diallyl disulfide antitumor effects. ..
- Regulator of G-protein signaling 3 isoform 1 (PDZ-RGS3) enhances canonical Wnt signaling and promotes epithelial mesenchymal transitionChong Shan Shi
B Cell Molecular Immunology Section, Laboratory of Immunoregulation, NIAID, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 287:33480-7. 2012..These results indicate that PDZ-RGS3 can enhance signals generated by the Wnt canonical pathway and that plays a pivotal role in EMT...
- Matrix rigidity activates Wnt signaling through down-regulation of Dickkopf-1 proteinMaria V Barbolina
Department of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60622, USA
J Biol Chem 288:141-51. 2013..Similar results were obtained in other tissue-invasive cells such as vascular endothelial cells, suggesting a novel mechanism for functional coupling of matrix adhesion with Wnt signaling...
- int-1--a proto-oncogene involved in cell signallingA P McMahon
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Nutley, NJ 07110
Development 107:161-7. 1989..This results in a striking and specific aberration, bifurcation of the anterior neural tube. Thus, it seems possible that in vertebrates int-1 is able to influence patterning events...
- Wnt-ligand-dependent interaction of TAK1 (TGF-beta-activated kinase-1) with the receptor tyrosine kinase Ror2 modulates canonical Wnt-signallingAndreas Winkel
Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research HZI, Inhoffenstr 7, 38124 Braunschweig, Germany
Cell Signal 20:2134-44. 2008..Wnt-ligand binding differentially controls the Ror2/TAK1 interaction. Wnt1-binding displaces TAK1 from Ror2 while Wnt3a and Wnt5a are unable to do so thus modifying TAK1's capacity to cause ..
- Association of β-catenin, Wnt1, Smad4, Hoxa9, and Bmi-1 with the prognosis of esophageal squamous cell carcinomaJin Lv
Affiliated Nanjing First Hospital, Department of Oncology Surgery, Nanjing Medical University, Oncology Center of Nanjing Medical University, No 68 Changle Road, 210006 Nanjing, Jiangsu Province, China
Med Oncol 29:151-60. 2012..Among genes up-regulated at least twofold, β-catenin, Wnt1, Smad4, Hoxa9, and Bmi-1 were found...
- Targeted disruption of the murine int-1 proto-oncogene resulting in severe abnormalities in midbrain and cerebellar developmentK R Thomas
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biology and Human Genetics, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112
Nature 346:847-50. 1990....
- The nucleotide sequence of the human int-1 mammary oncogene; evolutionary conservation of coding and non-coding sequencesA van Ooyen
EMBO J 4:2905-9. 1985..The conservation between the mouse and the human int-1 genes is not restricted to exons; extensive parts of the introns are also homologous. Thus, int-1 ranks among the most conserved genes known, a property shared with other oncogenes...
- Protein phosphatase 2Calpha dephosphorylates axin and activates LEF-1-dependent transcriptionE T Strovel
Division of Human Genetics, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 275:2399-403. 2000..PP2C utilizes Axin as a substrate both in vitro and in vivo and decreases its half-life. These results indicate that PP2C is a positive regulator of Wnt signal transduction and mediates its effects through the dephosphorylation of Axin...
- Head inducer Dickkopf-1 is a ligand for Wnt coreceptor LRP6M V Semenov
Division of Neuroscience, Children s Hospital, Department of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Curr Biol 11:951-61. 2001..The significance of the Fz-LRP6 complex in signal transduction remains to be established...
- Synergistic induction of tumor antigens by Wnt-1 signaling and retinoic acid revealed by gene expression profilingDavid A Tice
Department of Molecular Oncology, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California 94080, USA
J Biol Chem 277:14329-35. 2002..In principal, the therapeutic index of antibodies directed against these antigens should be enhanced by co-administration of retinoic acid...
- Efficacy of Wnt-1 monoclonal antibody in sarcoma cellsIwao Mikami
Department of Surgery, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
BMC Cancer 5:53. 2005..Recently, it has been reported that Wnt-1/beta-catenin signaling inhibits apoptosis in several cancers. In this study, we investigated the efficacy of a monoclonal anti-Wnt-1 antibody in sarcoma cells...
- Suppressing Wnt signaling by the hedgehog pathway through sFRP-1Jing He
Sealy Center for Cancer Cell Biology, Department of Pharmacology and Biochemistry, University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas 77555 1048, USA
J Biol Chem 281:35598-602. 2006..by smoothened (SMO) antagonist KAAD-cyclopamine (keto-N-aminoethylaminocaproyldihydrocinnamoylcyclopamine) leads to Wnt1-mediated beta-catenin accumulation in the cytosol...
- Blockade of Wnt-1 signaling leads to anti-tumor effects in hepatocellular carcinoma cellsWei Wei
Asian Liver Center, Department of Surgery, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Mol Cancer 8:76. 2009..Since the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway is essential in HCC carcinogenesis, we studied the inhibition of Wnt-1-mediated signaling as a potential molecular target in HCC...
- Premature myocardial infarction is associated with low serum levels of Wnt-1Georg Goliasch
Department of Internal Medicine II, Medical University of Vienna, Austria
Atherosclerosis 222:251-6. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate whether premature coronary artery disease is associated with features of decreased Wnt signaling...
- Human immunodeficiency virus type 1 (HIV-1) transactivator of transcription through its intact core and cysteine-rich domains inhibits Wnt/β-catenin signaling in astrocytes: relevance to HIV neuropathogenesisLisa J Henderson
Department of Immunology Microbiology, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
J Neurosci 32:16306-13. 2012..The consequences of this interaction include alleviation of Wnt/β-catenin-mediated suppression of HIV and possible astrocyte dysregulation contributing to HIV neuropathogenesis...
- Wnt-1 but not epidermal growth factor induces beta-catenin/T-cell factor-dependent transcription in esophageal cancer cellsTakaaki Mizushima
Gastroenterology Division, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
Cancer Res 62:277-82. 2002..A comparison of extracellular stimuli suggests that specific Wnt family members stabilize beta-catenin with resulting activation of TCF-dependent transcription in ESCC...
- Wnt signaling protects 3T3-L1 preadipocytes from apoptosis through induction of insulin-like growth factorsKenneth A Longo
Department of Physiology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48109 0622, USA
J Biol Chem 277:38239-44. 2002..Thus, we demonstrated that Wnt-1 induces expression of antiapoptotic genes in 3T3-L1 preadipocytes such as IGF-I and IGF-II, which allows these cells to resist apoptosis in response to serum deprivation...
- Wnt signaling activation and WIF-1 silencing in nasopharyngeal cancer cell linesYu Ching Lin
Thoracic Oncology Laboratory, Department of Surgery, Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, San Francisco, CA 94115, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 341:635-40. 2006..Our results indicate that aberrant Wnt signaling is a common event in NPC carcinogenesis linked with WIF-1 silencing in at least cell lines. Strategies targeting these molecules should be potentially promising in treating NPC...
- Increased Wnt signaling triggers oncogenic conversion of human breast epithelial cells by a Notch-dependent mechanismAyyakannu Ayyanan
Swiss Institute for Experimental Cancer Research, National Center of Competence in Research in Molecular Oncology, 155 Chemin des Boveresses, CH 1066 Epalinges Lausanne, Switzerland
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:3799-804. 2006....
- The ups and downs of Wnt signaling in prevalent neurological disordersG V De Ferrari
Departamento de Bioquimica y Biologia Molecular, Facultad de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidad de Concepcion, Concepcion, Chile
Oncogene 25:7545-53. 2006..We suggest that the onset/development of such pathological conditions may involve the additive effect of genetic variation within Wnt signaling components and of molecules that modulate the activity of this signaling cascade...
- Cellular demise and inflammatory microglial activation during beta-amyloid toxicity are governed by Wnt1 and canonical signaling pathwaysZhao Zhong Chong
Division of Cellular and Molecular Cerebral Ischemia, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, United States
Cell Signal 19:1150-62. 2007Initially described as a modulator of embryogenesis for a number of organ systems, Wnt1 has recently been linked to the development of several neurodegenerative disorders, none being of greater significance than Alzheimer's disease...
- Silencing of Wnt-1 by siRNA induces apoptosis of MCF-7 human breast cancer cellsMaciej Wieczorek
Department of Research and Development, Celon Pharma Ltd, Lomianki, Poland
Cancer Biol Ther 7:268-74. 2008..In human breast cancer, evidence of beta-catenin accumulation implies that the canonical Wnt signaling pathway is active in over 50% of carcinomas...
- Wnt/beta-catenin inhibits dental pulp stem cell differentiationE L Scheller
Laboratory of Molecular Signaling, Department of Biologic and Materials Sciences, School of Dentistry, The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109, USA
J Dent Res 87:126-30. 2008..In conclusion, our results suggest that canonical Wnt signaling negatively regulates the odontoblast-like differentiation of DPSCs...
- Canonical Wnts function as potent regulators of osteogenesis by human mesenchymal stem cellsGuizhong Liu
Department of Oncological Sciences, Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, NY 10029, USA
J Cell Biol 185:67-75. 2009..However, hMSCs with exogenous expression of Wnt1 but not stabilized beta-catenin markedly stimulate bone formation by naive hMSCs, arguing for an important role of ..
- SUZ12 is a candidate target of the non-canonical WNT pathway in the progression of chronic myeloid leukemiaLuciana Pizzatti
Divisão de Laboratórios do CEMO, Instituto Nacional do Cancer, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 49:107-18. 2010..Finally, we suggest that SUZ12 is blocking cellular differentiation, as SUZ12 knockdown release differentiation programs in chronic myeloid blastic phase (CML-BP) transformed cell line...
- Aberrant Wnt1/β-catenin expression is an independent poor prognostic marker of non-small cell lung cancer after surgeryXianhua Xu
Department of Pathology, Seoul National University Bundang Hospital, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seongnam, Republic of Korea
J Thorac Oncol 6:716-24. 2011..As a novel anticancer drug can be developed using inhibitors of this pathway, we investigated the clinical significance of the Wnt signaling pathway molecules in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Prognostic significance of Wnt-1, β-catenin and E-cadherin expression in advanced colorectal carcinomaAleksandra Stanczak
Department of Medical Biotechnology, Medical University of Lodz, Lodz, Poland
Pathol Oncol Res 17:955-63. 2011..These findings support the hypothesis that Wnt/β-catenin pathway plays an important role in advanced colorectal carcinoma...
- Genome-wide analysis of a Wnt1-regulated transcriptional network implicates neurodegenerative pathwaysEric M Wexler
Department of Psychiatry, David Geffen School of Medicine at University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA 90024, USA
Sci Signal 4:ra65. 2011..To gain a systems-level, genome-wide view of Wnt signaling, we analyzed Wnt1-stimulated changes in gene expression by transcriptional microarray analysis in cultured human neural progenitor (..
- Inhibition of cancer cell migration and invasion through suppressing the Wnt1-mediating signal pathway by G-quadruplex structure stabilizersJing Ming Wang
From the Institute of Biopharmaceutical Sciences, National Yang Ming University, Taipei 112, Taiwan
J Biol Chem 289:14612-23. 2014b>WNT1 encodes a multifunctional signaling glycoprotein that is highly expressed in several malignant tumors. Patients with Wnt1-positive cancer are usually related to advanced metastasis...
- Canonical and noncanonical Wnt pathway: a comparison among normal ovary, benign ovarian tumor and ovarian cancerLevon Badiglian Filho
Department of Gynecology, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo SP, 01424 000, Brazil
Oncol Rep 21:313-20. 2009..in normal ovary, benign ovarian tumor and ovarian cancer, we evaluated the immunohistochemical expression of Wnt1, Frizzled-1 (FZD1), Wnt5a, Frizzled-5 (FZD5) and beta-catenin...
- Human frizzled 1 interacts with transforming Wnts to transduce a TCF dependent transcriptional responseA Gazit
Department of Human Microbiology, Sackler School of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv 69978, Israel
Oncogene 18:5959-66. 1999..All of these findings provide strong evidence that Hfz1 is a functional partner for certain Wnts in inducing TCF dependent transcription...
- Wnt-1 signaling inhibits human umbilical vein endothelial cell proliferation and alters cell morphologyChing Wen Cheng
Department of Pathology, University of Cambridge, Tennis Court Road, Cambridge CB2 1QP, UK
Exp Cell Res 291:415-25. 2003..They also suggest that Wnt signaling might participate in angiogenesis by regulating endothelial cell growth and function...
- Wnt-responsive element controls Lef-1 promoter expression during submucosal gland morphogenesisRyan R Driskell
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 287:L752-63. 2004..These findings suggest that Wnt regulation of the Lef-1 promoter at the WRE may play an important role during airway submucosal glandular bud formation...
- Estrogen receptor positivity in mammary tumors of Wnt-1 transgenic mice is influenced by collaborating oncogenic mutationsXiaomei Zhang
Breast Center, Baylor College of Medicine, One Baylor Plaza, N1210 03, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Oncogene 24:4220-31. 2005..This is a first report of a mouse model of antiestrogen-resistant ER-positive breast cancers, and could provide a powerful tool to study the molecular mechanisms that control antiestrogen resistance...
- Hepatitis C virus core protein stimulates hepatocyte growth: correlation with upregulation of wnt-1 expressionTakayoshi Fukutomi
Liver Research Center, Rhode Island Hospital and Brown Medical School, Providence, RI 02903, USA
Hepatology 41:1096-105. 2005..In conclusion, HCV core protein induces Huh-7 cell proliferation whether alone or in the context of HCV replication, which is at least partly mediated by transcriptional upregulation of growth-related genes, in particular wnt-1...
- MesP1 drives vertebrate cardiovascular differentiation through Dkk-1-mediated blockade of Wnt-signallingR David
Medizinische Klinik und Poliklinik I, Klinikum Grosshadern der LMU, D 81377 Munchen, Germany
Nat Cell Biol 10:338-45. 2008..This may also provide a tool to elicit cardiac transdifferentiation in native human adult stem cells...
- Wnt1 overexpression promotes tumour progression in non-small cell lung cancerCheng Long Huang
Department of General Thoracic Surgery, Breast and Endocrinological Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, Kagawa University, Kita gun, Kagawa, Japan
Eur J Cancer 44:2680-8. 2008The Wnt gene family is involved in embryogenesis and tumourigenesis. We investigated the clinical significance of Wnt1 expression in non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC).
- Expression and clinical significance of Wnt-1 and beta-catenin in nasopharyngeal carcinomaFei Li Wang
State Key Laboratory of Oncology in South China, Cancer Center, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, PR China
Ai Zheng 28:72-5. 2009..This study was to investigate the expression and clinical significance of Wnt-1 and beta-catenin in nasopharyngeal carcinoma (NPC)...
- Procaine and procainamide inhibit the Wnt canonical pathway by promoter demethylation of WIF-1 in lung cancer cellsZhi Gao
Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Beijing Friendship Hospital, Capital Medical University, Beijing, PR China
Oncol Rep 22:1479-84. 2009..These results further suggest that procaine and procainamide may have a potential use for preventing the development of lung cancer...
- Ras regulates interleukin-1β-induced HIF-1α transcriptional activity in glioblastomaVivek Sharma
National Brain Research Centre, Manesar, Haryana, 122 050, India
J Mol Med (Berl) 89:123-36. 2011....
- The class I HDAC inhibitor MGCD0103 induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis in colon cancer initiating cells by upregulating Dickkopf-1 and non-canonical Wnt signalingShaheen Sikandar
Department of Medicine, University of California, Irvine, USA
Oncotarget 1:596-605. 2010..Our studies also provide novel insights into roles for DKK1 in addition to canonical WNT signaling and the mechanism of CCIC tumor formation...
- Candida albicans Int1p interacts with the septin ring in yeast and hyphal cellsC Gale
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
Mol Biol Cell 12:3538-49. 2001..Although Swe1p kinase contributes to INT1-induced filamentous growth in S...
- Embryology of the neural crest: its inductive role in the neurocutaneous syndromesHarvey B Sarnat
Department of Pediatrics Neurology, University of Calgary, Faculty of Medicine, Alberta Children s Hospital, Calgary, AB, Canada
J Child Neurol 20:637-43. 2005..dorsalizing influence in the vertical axis of the neural tube (eg, PAX3, BMP4, ZIC2), some segmentation genes (eg, WNT1), genes that inhibit neural crest (eg, EGR2), and neural crest-specific differentiating genes (eg, SLUG, SOX10)...
- The adult hair follicle: cradle for pluripotent neural crest stem cellsMaya Sieber-Blum
Department of Cell Biology, Neurobiology and Anatomy, Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee 53226, USA
Birth Defects Res C Embryo Today 72:162-72. 2004..b>Wnt1-cre/R26R compound transgenic mice, which in the periphery express beta-galactosidase in a neural crest-specific ..
- Distribution of cotrimoxazole resistance genes associated with class 1 integrons in clinical isolates of Enterobacteriaceae in a university hospital in TunisiaSafia Dahmen
Infections with multiresistant bacteria to antibiotics UR 29 04, Department of Microbiology, University Hospital of Sahloul, Sousse, Tunisia
Microb Drug Resist 16:43-7. 2010..The int1 gene was found in 68 out of 80 enterobacterial isolates. The sul1 gene was found in 22 isolates (27...
- Normal fate and altered function of the cardiac neural crest cell lineage in retinoic acid receptor mutant embryosXiaobing Jiang
Institute for Genetic Medicine, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, 2250 Alcazar St, IGM240, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Mech Dev 117:115-22. 2002..study, we examined the fate of the neural crest lineage in RARalpha1/RARbeta mutant embryos by crossing with the Wnt1-cre and conditional R26R alleles, which together constitute a genetic lineage marker for the neural crest...
- Proteotypic classification of spontaneous and transgenic mammary neoplasmsIgor Mikaelian
The Jackson Laboratory, Bar Harbor, Maine, USA
Breast Cancer Res 6:R668-79. 2004....
- Gene duplication, co-option and recruitment during the origin of the vertebrate brain from the invertebrate chordate brainLinda Z Holland
Marine Biology Research Division, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093 0202, USA
Brain Behav Evol 72:91-105. 2008..g., FoxD3 in neural crest and Wnt1 at the MHB) were recruited into the respective gene networks after one or both genome duplications, suggesting that ..
- Differential activation of Myf5 and MyoD by different Wnts in explants of mouse paraxial mesoderm and the later activation of myogenesis in the absence of Myf5S Tajbakhsh
Département de Biologie Moléculaire CNRS URA 1947, Institut Pasteur, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
Development 125:4155-62. 1998..Here we report that cells expressing Wnt1 will preferentially activate Myf5 while cells expressing Wnt7a will preferentially activate MyoD...
- Differentiation of non-mesencephalic neural stem cells towards dopaminergic neuronsR Rossler
Department of Neuroscience, University Medical Center Groningen, University of Groningen, A Deusinglaan 1, 9713AV Groningen, The Netherlands
Neuroscience 170:417-28. 2010..by a combination of the extracellular induction factors Sonic Hedgehog (Shh), Fibroblast Growth Factor 8 (FGF8) and Wnt1 that trigger specific intracellular transcription cascades...
- LEF1 is a critical epithelial survival factor during tooth morphogenesisTomoyo Sasaki
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology, School of Dentistry, University of Southern California, 2250 Alcazar Street, CSA 103, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Dev Biol 278:130-43. 2005..Using the Wnt1-Cre/R26R transgenic system for indelibly marking the progenies of CNC cells, we show that there is no CNC migration ..
- Fate of the mammalian cranial neural crest during tooth and mandibular morphogenesisY Chai
Center for Craniofacial Molecular Biology School of Dentistry University of Southern California, CSA 103, Los Angeles, CA 90033, USA
Development 127:1671-9. 2000..In the first mouse line, Cre recombinase is expressed under the control of the Wnt1 promoter as a transgene...
- Characterization of acquired beta-lactamases and their genetic support in multidrug-resistant Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates in Taiwan: the prevalence of unusual integronsJing Jou Yan
Department of Pathology, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan
J Antimicrob Chemother 58:530-6. 2006..The present study was conducted to investigate acquired beta-lactamases and their genetic support in 26 Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates that were resistant to nearly all antipseudomonal drugs from six medical centres in Taiwan...
- Evolution of somatic mutations in mammary tumors in transgenic mice is influenced by the inherited genotypeKatrina Podsypanina
Program in Cell Biology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10021, USA
BMC Med 2:24. 2004MMTV-Wnt1 transgenic mice develop mammary hyperplasia early in development, followed by the appearance of solitary mammary tumors with a high proportion of cells expressing early lineage markers and many myoepithelial cells...
- Cardiovascular development and the colonizing cardiac neural crest lineagePaige Snider
Cardiovascular Development Group, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
ScientificWorldJournal 7:1090-113. 2007..e., gap junctions, cadherins, and noncanonical Wnt1 pathway regulators)...
- Lithium chloride regulates the proliferation of stem-like cells in retinoblastoma cell lines: a potential role for the canonical Wnt signaling pathwayAmanda K Silva
Bascom Palmer Eye Institute, University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Mol Vis 16:36-45. 2010..Wingless and Int1 (Wnt) signaling is an essential cellular communication pathway that regulates proliferation and differentiation of ..
- Schwann cell plasticity after spinal cord injury shown by neural crest lineage tracingNarihito Nagoshi
Department of Physiology, School of Medicine, Keio University, 35 Shinanomachi, Shinjuku ku, Tokyo, Japan
Glia 59:771-84. 2011..following SCI, using two transgenic mouse lines carrying neural crest-specific reporters, P0-Cre/Floxed-EGFP and Wnt1-Cre/Floxed-EGFP. In these mice, EGFP is expressed only in the neural crest cell lineage...
- Identification of ephrin-A3 and novel genes specific to the midbrain-MHB in embryonic zebrafish by ordered differential displayY Hirate
Laboratory for Developmental Gene Regulation, Brain Science Institute, RIKEN, 2 1 Hirosawa, Wako Shi, Saitama 351 0198, Japan
Mech Dev 107:83-96. 2001..Among genes identified in this search, two cDNA fragments encoded Wnt1 and FGF8, which are already known to be essential for the reciprocal signaling between the midbrain and the MHB, ..
- Role of Lmx1b and Wnt1 in mesencephalon and metencephalon developmentEiji Matsunaga
Department of Molecular Neurobiology, Institute of Development, Aging and Cancer, and Graduate School of Life Sciences, Tohoku University, Seiryo machi 4 1, Aoba ku, Sendai 980 8575, Japan
Development 129:5269-77. 2002The isthmus is the organizing center for the tectum and cerebellum. Fgf8 and Wnt1 are secreted molecules expressed around the isthmus. The function of Fgf8 has been well analyzed, and now accepted as the most important organizing signal...
- Insulin and wnt1 pathways cooperate to induce reserve cell activation in differentiation and myotube hypertrophyAnne Rochat
Institut de Genetique Humaine, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, UPR 1142, 34396 Montpellier Cedex 5, France
Mol Biol Cell 15:4544-55. 2004..Similarly to the effect of GSK-3 inhibitors with insulin, coculturing C2 reserve cells with Wnt1-expressing fibroblasts enhanced insulin-stimulated induction of MyoD and myogenin in reserve cells...
- [Study on the role of Wnt/beta-catenin signaling transduction pathway in hepatocellular carcinoma cell line HepG2 and L02 cell line]Qi Ming Wang
Department of Anatomy, Tianjin Medical University, Tianjin, China
Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi 23:926-8. 2007....
- Conditional deletion of Hand2 reveals critical functions in neurogenesis and cell type-specific gene expression for development of neural crest-derived noradrenergic sympathetic ganglion neuronsTyler J Hendershot
Department of Neurosciences, Program in Neurosciences and Degenerative Disease, University of Toledo Health Sciences Center, Toledo, OH 43614, USA
Dev Biol 319:179-91. 2008..by specific deletion of Hand2 in neural crest-derived cells by crossing our line of floxed Hand2 mice with Wnt1-Cre transgenic mice...
- Platelet-derived growth factor receptor regulates salivary gland morphogenesis via fibroblast growth factor expressionShinya Yamamoto
Division of Oral Health, Growth and Development, Faculty of Dental Science, Kyushu University, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Biol Chem 283:23139-49. 2008..The submandibular glands (SMGs) of Wnt1-Cre/R26R mice have been shown positive for mesenchyme, whereas the epithelium is beta-galactosidase-negative, ..
- Cell lineage in mammalian craniofacial mesenchymeToshiyuki Yoshida
Department of Molecular Craniofacial Embryology, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, 1 5 45 Yushima, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8549, Japan
Mech Dev 125:797-808. 2008..and its derivatives by cell lineage tracing experiments in mouse embryos, using the permanent genetic markers Wnt1-cre for neural crest and Mesp1-cre for mesoderm, combined with the Rosa26 reporter...
- Prevalence and characterization of class 1 integrons in Escherichia coli of poultry and human originAlexandra Vasilakopoulou
First Department of Propaedeutic Medicine, Laiko General Hospital, Athens, Greece
Foodborne Pathog Dis 6:1211-8. 2009..Susceptibilities to a range of antimicrobial agents were determined by disk diffusion. Int1-specific polymerase chain reaction, conserved-segment polymerase chain reaction, and DNA sequencing were used to ..
- Evidence for an early role for BMP4 signaling in thymus and parathyroid morphogenesisJulie Gordon
Department of Genetics, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602, USA
Dev Biol 339:141-54. 2010..deletion of Bmp4 or Alk3 from the pharyngeal endoderm and/or the surrounding mesenchyme using Foxg1-Cre, Wnt1-Cre or Foxn1-Cre...
- Loss of Emx2 function leads to ectopic expression of Wnt1 in the developing telencephalon and cortical dysplasiaKeith L Ligon
Department of Pediatric Oncology, Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, 44 Binney Street, Boston, MA 0215, USA
Development 130:2275-87. 2003..Additionally, we observed ectopic expression of Wnt1 in the embryonic roofplate organizer region and dorsal telencephalon...
- The isthmic organizer signal FGF8 is required for cell survival in the prospective midbrain and cerebellumCandace L Chi
Department of Anatomy and Program in Developmental Biology, School of Medicine, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
Development 130:2633-44. 2003..FGF8 and WNT1 have been implicated as key components of IsO signaling activity, and previous studies have shown that in Wnt1(-/-) ..
- Structure-based mutation analysis shows the importance of LRP5 beta-propeller 1 in modulating Dkk1-mediated inhibition of Wnt signalingBheem M Bhat
Women s Health and Musculoskeletal Biology, Wyeth Research, 500 Arcola Road, Collegeville, PA 19426, USA
Gene 391:103-12. 2007..In the presence of Wnt1, LRP5 or the HBM variant (LRP5-G171V) induces beta-catenin nuclear translocation and activates T cell factor (TCF)-..
- Fate of cranial neural crest cells during craniofacial development in endothelin-A receptor-deficient miceMakoto Abe
Department of Craniofacial Biology, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora, CO 80045, USA
Int J Dev Biol 51:97-105. 2007..To address this question, we performed a fate analysis of cranial NCCs in Ednra-/- embryos using the R26R;Wnt1-Cre reporter system, in which Cre expression within NCCs results in permanent beta-galactosidase activity in NCCs ..
- Expression of the epithelial marker E-cadherin by thyroid C cells and their precursors during murine developmentYoko Kameda
Department of Anatomy, Kitasato University School of Medicine, Sagamihara, Kanagawa 228 8555, Japan
J Histochem Cytochem 55:1075-88. 2007..To test this notion, we employed both Connexin43-lacZ and Wnt1-Cre/R26R transgenic mice, because their neural crest cells can be marked...
- Novel pre- and post-gastrulation expression of Gata4 within cells of the inner cell mass and migratory neural crest cellsNicolas Pilon
Department of Veterinary Biomedicine, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Montreal, St Hyacinthe, QC, Canada
Dev Dyn 237:1133-43. 2008..Comparisons to Wnt1-Cre-mediated YFP labelling of neural crest cells suggest that most of the migratory neural crest cells are labelled ..
- Matrix metalloproteinases play an active role in Wnt1-induced mammary tumorigenesisLaurence Blavier
Division of Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, USC Keck School of Medicine, Los Angeles, California, USA
Cancer Res 66:2691-9. 2006..Here, we have used mouse mammary tumor virus (MMTV)-Wnt1 transgenic mice, which develop spontaneous mammary adenocarcinoma, to examine whether matrix metalloproteinases (..
- Neural crest cell-specific deletion of Rac1 results in defective cell-matrix interactions and severe craniofacial and cardiovascular malformationsPenny S Thomas
Biologic and Materials Sciences, University of Michigan School of Dentistry, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Dev Biol 340:613-25. 2010..Here we demonstrate that mouse embryos lacking Rac1 in neural crest cells (Rac1/Wnt1-Cre) showed abnormal craniofacial development including regional ectodermal detachment associated with mesenchymal ..
- Circulating osteogenic cells: characterization and relationship to rates of bone loss in postmenopausal womenAnita Undale
Endocrine Research Unit, College of Medicine, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Bone 47:83-92. 2010..bone loss expressed lower levels of mRNAs for hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase, interferon regulator factor 3, Wnt1-induced secreted protein 1, and TGFbeta2, but higher levels of the Smad3 interacting protein, zinc finger DHHC-type ..
- Differential activation of the calcium/protein kinase C and the canonical beta-catenin pathway by Wnt1 and Wnt7a produces opposite effects on cell proliferation in PC12 cellsPaola Spinsanti
Department of Human Physiology and Pharmacology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Neurochem 104:1588-98. 2008We examined the effect of Wnt1 and Wnt7a on cell proliferation using undifferentiated PC12 cells, which originate from the neural crest and are widely employed as a neuronal cell model...
- Pea3 transcription factors and wnt1-induced mouse mammary neoplasiaRebecca Baker
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Weill Cornell Medical College, New York, New York, USA
PLoS ONE 5:e8854. 2010..Here, we utilized the MMTV/Wnt1 mouse strain to further interrogate the role of PEA3 transcription factors in mammary tumorigenesis based on our ..
- Preferential activation of Fgf8 by proviral insertion in mammary tumors of Wnt1 transgenic miceA M Kapoun
Department of Pediatrics, University of Southern California, School of Medicine, USA
Oncogene 14:2985-9. 1997..Previously we have used MMTV infection to accelerate mammary tumorigenesis in Wnt1 transgenic mice in order to identify genes that cooperate with the Wnt1 oncogene...
- Using Flp-recombinase to characterize expansion of Wnt1-expressing neural progenitors in the mouseS M Dymecki
Department of Genetics, Harvard Medical School, 200 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts, 02115 5701, USA
Dev Biol 201:57-65. 1998..we have analyzed the adult expansion of embryonic neural progenitors which transiently express the signaling factor Wnt1. We report Wnt1 promoter activity in embryonic cells that give rise to aspects of the adult midbrain, cerebellum, ..
- Haplotype-tagging RANTES gene variants influence response to antiviral therapy in chronic hepatitis CHermann E Wasmuth
Department of Medicine III, University Hospital Aachen, Aachen University, Aachen, Germany
Hepatology 40:327-34. 2004..Three linked RANTES single nucleotide polymorphisms (403 G/A, Int1.1 T/C, and 3' 222 T/C) were determined in 297 Caucasian patients who were treated for chronic HCV infection and 152 ..
- Oncogene-blocking therapies: new insights from conditional mouse tumor modelsJ G Hengstler
Center for Toxicology, Institute of Legal Medicine, University of Leipzig, Germany
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 6:603-12. 2006..for oncogene-blocking therapies: (i) downregulation of oncogenes, for instance HER2, MYC, RAS, RAF, BCR-ABL or WNT1, usually leads to a rapid tumor remission...
- Vascular injury during elevated glucose can be mitigated by erythropoietin and Wnt signalingZhao Zhong Chong
Division of Cellular and Molecular Cerebral Ischemia, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
Curr Neurovasc Res 4:194-204. 2007..More importantly, EPO employs Wnt1, a cysteine-rich glycosylated protein involved in gene expression, cell differentiation, and cell apoptosis, to ..
- Tumor escape in a Wnt1-dependent mouse breast cancer model is enabled by p19Arf/p53 pathway lesions but not p16 Ink4a lossMichael T Debies
Jake Gittlen Cancer Research Foundation, Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, Hershey, Pennsylvania 17033, USA
J Clin Invest 118:51-63. 2008..of Wnt pathway-driven breast cancer, wherein targeted therapy is simulated by abrogating doxycycline-dependent Wnt1 transgene expression within established tumors...
- Pneumocystis PCINT1, a molecule with integrin-like features that mediates organism adhesion to fibronectinTheodore J Kottom
Thoracic Diseases Research Unit, Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Internal Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Mol Microbiol 67:747-61. 2008..3018 bp cDNA was subsequently obtained with extensive homology to the C-terminal region of Candida albicans INT1 (31% blastx), a gene originally described as encoding an integrin-like molecule implicated in adhesion, growth, and ..
- Functional Wnt signaling is increased in idiopathic pulmonary fibrosisMelanie Konigshoff
Department of Medicine, University of Giessen Lung Center, University of Giessen, Giessen, Germany
PLoS ONE 3:e2142. 2008..Thus, we quantified and localized the expression and activity of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway in IPF...
- A role for receptor protein tyrosine phosphatase lambda in midbrain developmentAnja Badde
Department of Neuroanatomy, Max Planck Institute for Brain Research, 60528 Frankfurt, Germany
J Neurosci 28:6152-64. 2008..RPTPlambda is expressed in a tight band of cells in the caudal midbrain, anterior to the transverse ring of Wnt1 expression...
- Multiple Wnt genes are required for segmentation in the short-germ embryo of Tribolium castaneumRenata Bolognesi
Division of Biology, Ackert Hall, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas 66502, USA
Curr Biol 18:1624-9. 2008..in posterior patterning and germband elongation [2-4], but despite its expression in the posterior growth zone, Wnt1/wg alone is not responsible for these functions [1-3]...
- Identification of novel mutations in WISP3 gene in two unrelated Chinese families with progressive pseudorheumatoid dysplasiaHua Yue
Department of Osteoporosis, Metabolic Bone Disease and Genetic Research Unit, Shanghai Jiao Tong University Affiliated the Sixth People s Hospital, Shanghai 200233, 600 Yi Shan Rd, PR China
Bone 44:547-54. 2009..PPD) is an autosomal recessive genetic disease and it has been reported that PPD is caused by mutations of the Wnt1-inducible signaling pathway protein 3 (WISP3) gene which is located on chromosome 6q22...
- MMTV-Wnt1 and -DeltaN89beta-catenin induce canonical signaling in distinct progenitors and differentially activate Hedgehog signaling within mammary tumorsBrigitte Teissedre
Departments of Cell Biology and Dermatology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, New York, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e4537. 2009..proportion of human breast cancer is associated with loss of secreted Wnt antagonists and mice expressing MMTV-Wnt1 and MMTV-DeltaN89beta-catenin develop mammary adenocarcinomas...
- [Clinical diagnosis and WISP3 gene mutation analysis for progressive pseudorheumatoid dysplasia]Jun Ye
Department of Pediatric Endocrinologic, Genetic and Metabolic Disorders, Shanghai Institute for Pediatric Research, Xinhua Hospital, Shanghai Jiao Tong University School of Medicine, Shanghai 200092, China
Zhonghua Er Ke Za Zhi 48:194-8. 2010..Analysis of WISP3 (Wnt1-inducible signaling pathway protein 3, MIM#603400) gene mutation can confirm the clinical and radiographic ..
- A series of no isthmus (noi) alleles of the zebrafish pax2.1 gene reveals multiple signaling events in development of the midbrain-hindbrain boundaryK Lun
Department of Neurobiology, University of Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 364, D 69120 Heidelberg, Germany
Development 125:3049-62. 1998..eng3 activation is completely and eng2 activation is strongly dependent on noi function. In contrast, onset of wnt1, fgf8 and her5 expression occurs normally in the null mutants, but is eliminated later on...
- Analysis of 148 kb of genomic DNA around the wnt1 locus of Fugu rubripesK Gellner
Molecular Sciences Institute, Berkeley, California 94704 USA
Genome Res 9:251-8. 1999The analysis of the sequence of approximately 150 kb of a genomic region corresponding to the wnt1 gene of the Japanese pufferfish Fugu rubripes confirms the compact structure of the genome. Fifteen genes were found in this region, and 26...
- Systemic infection following intravenous inoculation of mice with Candida albicans int1 mutant strainsC M Bendel
Department of Pediatrics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455 0385, USA
Mol Genet Metab 67:343-51. 1999The Candida albicans gene INT1 is associated with epithelial adhesion, hyphal formation, and virulence. C. albicans strains carrying two, one, or no functional INT1 alleles were used to assess the association between mortality and C...
- Zebrafish E-cadherin: expression during early embryogenesis and regulation during brain developmentS G Babb
Department of Medicine, Indiana University Medical Center, 1220 South Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5116, USA
Dev Dyn 221:231-7. 2001..Developmental regulation of MHB formation involves wnt1 and pax2.1...
- The zebrafish buttonhead-like factor Bts1 is an early regulator of pax2.1 expression during mid-hindbrain developmentA Tallafuss
Zebrafish Neurogenetics Junior Research Group, Institute of Virology, Technical University Munich, Trogerstrasse 4b, 81675 Munich, Germany
Development 128:4021-34. 2001..1 and wnt1. Ectopic expression of bts1 combined to knock-down experiments demonstrate that Bts1 is both necessary and ..
- Mammary gland development requires syndecan-1 to create a beta-catenin/TCF-responsive mammary epithelial subpopulationBob Y Liu
McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research, University of Wisconsin Medical School, 1400 University Ave, Madison, WI, USA
Oncogene 22:9243-53. 2003..reporter, TOP-FLASH, was reduced by 50% in both unstimulated Sdc1-/- mecs and in stimulated cells responding to Wnt1 or DeltaNbeta-catenin...
- New regulatory interactions and cellular responses in the isthmic organizer region revealed by altering Gbx2 expressionJames Y H Li
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Developmental Genetics Program, Skirball Institute of Biomolecular Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, 540 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016, USA
Development 132:1971-81. 2005..Furthermore, expression of Wnt1 and Fgf8, two crucial components of the isthmic organizer, is no longer segregated to adjacent domains in Gbx2 ..
- Regulation of Craniofacial Skeletal Development by Jab1Guang Zhou; Fiscal Year: 2010..the role of endogenous Jab1 in craniofacial development by deleting Jab1 specifically in neural crest cells with Wnt1-Cre transgenic mice...
- Hongxiang Liu; Fiscal Year: 2016..Two well-characterized transgenic mouse lines for NC assays, Wnt1-Cre and P0-Cre, are used...
- Jacob V P Eswarakumar; Fiscal Year: 2014..We will conditionally activate the Crouzon mutation in neural crest cells or mesodermal cells using Wnt1-Cre or Mesp1-Cre mice, respectively...
- Development of the renin-expressing cellMaria L Sequeira Lopez; Fiscal Year: 2010..will cross it with mice expressing ere recombinase in precursors of neuroectoderm (nestin-cre), neural crest cells (wnt1-cre) and epidermis (K14-cre)...
- Lisa J Bain; Fiscal Year: 2014..Specifically, we will use Wnt1, Wnt3, Wnt3a, Wnt5a, noggin, Bmp2, and Bmp4 to differentiate the embryonic stem cells and investigate whether ..
- Smad2 and Smooth Muscle Differentiation from Neural Crest Stem CellsShiyou Chen; Fiscal Year: 2013..that Smad2 is essential for VSMC differentiation from NCSCs in vivo, using a neural crest tissue-specific knockout (Wnt1-Cre) mouse...
- TGF-BETA SIGNALING IN PALATOGENESISMark M Urata; Fiscal Year: 2012..We have generated an animal model with conditional TGF? type II receptor (Tgfbrfl/fl Wnt1-Cre) gene ablation in neural crest cells...
- Bryon E Petersen; Fiscal Year: 2014..Previous experiments have implicated connective tissue growth factor (CTGF), Notch-1, Wnt1, Somatostatin (SST), insulin-like growth factor binding protein 3 (IGFBP3) as playing key-roles in the liver stem ..
- Regulation of Smooth Muscle Differentiation by RhoAChristopher P Mack; Fiscal Year: 2012..active and dominant negative forms of RhoA in SMC and presumptive SMC using tamoxifen-inducible SM MHC and Wnt1 Cre mice...
- Role of Endothelin Receptor B signaling in the genesis of aganglionic megacolonMiles L Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2012..By mating our floxed ednrb mice with Wnt1-Cre transgenics we delete ednrb specifically in neural crest-derived ENCC...
- Mammary Gland Laterality in Normal and Neoplastic DevelopmentDemetri D Spyropoulos; Fiscal Year: 2012..for breast cancer;MMTV-cNeu transgenic mice, a classic and widely used model of breast carcinogenesis;and MMTV-Wnt1 transgenic mice, a premier model for breast cancer stem cell studies...
- Lewis A Chodosh; Fiscal Year: 2014..goal, we have developed and validated a series of doxycycline-inducible transgenic mouse models for MYC, HER2/neu, Wnt1, and Akt-overexpressing breast cancers that display key features of human breast cancer progression, including ..
- Hank F Kung; Fiscal Year: 2015..be correlated with oncogene expression through the use of conditional transgenic mouse models for c-MYC, HER2/neu, Wnt1, Ras and Akt overexpressing breast cancers...
- Lewis A Chodosh; Fiscal Year: 2014..gap, we have developed and validated a series of doxycycline-inducible transgenic mouse models for MYC, HER2/neu, Wnt1, and Akt-overexpressing breast cancers that display key features of human breast cancer progression, including ..
- Kun Ping Lu; Fiscal Year: 2016..lines and primary cultures of human breast cancer, as well as crossing Pin1 KO or MMTV-Pin1 mice with MMTV-Neu or -Wnt1 mice...
- Modulating Wnt and Hedgehog Pathways for Functional Restoration of Salivary GlandFei Liu; Fiscal Year: 2010..gland after irradiation, transient Wnt activation will be achieved either in bi-transgenic mice over-expressing Wnt1 in basal epithelia upon doxycycline induction, or with recombinant R-Spondin protein which relieves endogenous Wnt ..
- JOAN THERESE RICHTSMEIER; Fiscal Year: 2016..and Fgfr2+/P253R Apert syndrome, Fgfr2cC342Y/+ Crouzon/Pfeiffer syndrome, and Fgfr3+/P244R Muenke syndrome, and Wnt1-, Mesp1- and Sox17-2A-I-Cre-reporter mice to quantitatively study the differential effects of these mutations on ..
- Lewis A Chodosh; Fiscal Year: 2014..goal, we have developed and validated a series of doxycycline-inducible transgenic mouse models for MYC, HER2/neu, Wnt1, and Akt-overexpressing breast cancers that display key features of human breast cancer progression, including ..
- Douglas J Epstein; Fiscal Year: 2016..In previous work, we identified roles for the secreted factors, Shh and Wnt1/Wnt3a, in the polarization of the mouse otic vesicle along its dorsal-ventral axis...
- MTA1 IN ONCOGENESISRakesh Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2013..The molecular mechanisms underlying the upstream regulation of the Wnt1 and STAT3, two major transforming molecules in human cancer and, in turn, progression and metastasis of these ..
- Modeling of Hyperparathyroidism-Jaw Tumor Syndrome by Targeted Deletion of Hrpt2Jessica Costa; Fiscal Year: 2012..by two loxP sites have been generated and will be crossed with two different transgenic mouse strains, PTH-Cre and Wnt1-Cre. These crosses will result in offspring with Hrpt2 deletion in the parathyroid glands or mandible, respectively...
- CK2-dependent phosphorylation of Progesterone Receptors mediates proliferative siChristy Hagan; Fiscal Year: 2013..genes, including selected PR-regulated genes known to modulate the mammary stem cell compartment, such as Wnt1 and STAT5A...
- REGULATION OF NEURAL CREST DEVELOPMENTDavid Raible; Fiscal Year: 2003..The investigator proposes that expression of wnt1 and wnt3a in the dorsal neural tube acts as a medial signal to promote pigment cell fates and inhibit neural cell ..
- Activation and regulation of MuSKLin Mei; Fiscal Year: 2013..Importantly, treatment of muscle cells with Wnt1 increases AChR clusters in the absence of agrin...
- Normal and Cancer Stem Cells of the Mammary GlandJonathan A Cooper; Fiscal Year: 2012..Experiments in the second Aim will determine whether Wnt1 and ErbB2 (also called neu or HER2) mammary tumors contain GFP+ tumor cells, which contain the primary tumor-..
- Angela Parrish; Fiscal Year: 2015..effect of stabilized Axin2 on two models of Wnt-related cancer, the Apcmin model of colorectal cancer and the MMTV-Wnt1 model of breast cancer, will be assessed, focusing on the incidence, onset, or invasiveness of the tumors that ..
- Arjun Deb; Fiscal Year: 2014..We provide evidence that several Wnts are re- expressed following injury and expression of Wnt1 is dramatically elevated following cardiac injury and induces cardiac fibroblast proliferation and activation...
- Role of WNT Signaling in Adult Hippocampal Genitor Cell DevelopmentEric Wexler; Fiscal Year: 2010..Our initial studies suggest that canonical Wnts (e.g. Wnt1) promote maintenance of proliferative, multipotential adult hippocampal precursors (AHPs) while the non-canonical ..
- SECOND INT1 WORKSHOP-ORAL MANIFESTION OF HIV INFECTIONJohn Greenspan; Fiscal Year: 1993....
- MELK as Functional Marker for Mammary TumorsAlexey Terskikh; Fiscal Year: 2009..We will use MMTV-Wnt1 transgenic mice to test the MELK hypothesis in this model exactly as described for the PyMT model...
- EXPRESSION & FUNCTION OF HOMEOBOX GENESRobert Maxson; Fiscal Year: 2006..exhibits calvarial ossifications defects in the frontal bone, which, from lineage tracing experiments with the Wnt1-cre/R26R neural crest marking system, is derived from neural crest...
- GENETIC CONTROL OF MID-HIND BRAIN PATTERNINGAlexandra Joyner; Fiscal Year: 1999..an genetic analysis in mice have indicated that formation of the mesencephalon and metencephalon (mes/met) require Wnt1 and En, that the isthmus acts as an organizer for the region with Fgf8 being its likely inducing factor, and that ..
- Roles of miRNAs in dermal bone developmentARKHAT ABZHANOV; Fiscal Year: 2009..with a conditional allele of Dicer, an enzyme required for processing of precursors into functional miRNAs, and a Wnt1::Cre construct that is specific to cells originating from the dorsal neural tube, including cranial neural crest ..
- Lineage & Development of the Midbrain & HindbrainMark Zervas; Fiscal Year: 2005..During early development the mes, which expresses Otx2 and Wnt1, and the met, which expresses Gbx2 and Fgf8, are juxtaposed at a well-defined constriction along the ..
- A MODEL OF MORPHOLOGIC SWITCHING IN CANDIDA ALBICANSCheryl Gale; Fiscal Year: 2002..Dr. Gale previously found that the C. albicans gene INT1 encodes a protein that is important for the morphologic switch from yeast-form to filamentous-form...
- Oncogeneses and Retinoid ChemopreventionEduardo Farias; Fiscal Year: 2009..with retinoid (Am580/Am80) will accelerate tumor development whereas the same treatment of mammary tumor-prone MMTV-Wnt1 and MMTV-Myc females will delay tumor development...
- Regulation of spinal cord development and the Wnt signaling pathway by OtoROEBEN MUNJI; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, I will directly analyze the function of Oto in the establishment of chick Wnt1 protein distribution in the chick spinal cord...
- ABERRANT RETINOID SIGNALING IN BREAST CANCEREduardo F Farias; Fiscal Year: 2010..systemic);test the notion that retinoid (Am580) treatment will prevent/slow tumor development in MMTV-Wnt1 mice but accelerate tumor development in MMTV-Neu mice;and identify the mechanism through which RAR inhibits Wnt ..
- Arsenic Embryotoxocity: Cellular and Molecular TargetsM Pisano; Fiscal Year: 2003..e. neural crest function). Through breeding of Folbp knockout mice to Wnt1-cre/LoxP mice, a novel "composite" mouse model will be generated which is "genetically sensitive" to arsenic ..
- Molecular Regulatory Mechanism of Calvarial MorphogenesisYang Chai; Fiscal Year: 2009..To address this issue, we have generated mice with conditional Tgfbr2 fl/fl;Wnt1-Cre gene ablation in neural crest cells...
- WNT SIGNALING IN XENOPUS DEVELOPMENTSergei Sokol; Fiscal Year: 2000..I have previously demonstrated that signaling by Wnts (a family of secreted proteins related to the Wnt1 proto-oncogene) are important for body plan formation in vertebrate embryos...
- Characterization of Wnt5a Signaling in the Mammary GlandCristina Agbunag; Fiscal Year: 2005..Many Wnt proteins, such as Wnt1, signal through the canonical Wnt/beta-catenin pathway which leads to beta-catenin stabilization...
- Fgf8 Function in Midbrain/r1 Borders and PatterningAlexandra Joyner; Fiscal Year: 2009..Does Fgf8 induces different midbrain and hindbrain structures along the anterior/posterior axis directly through setting up a gradient of Fgf proteins? 5. Is Fgf8 or Wnt1 signaling required to maintain compartment borders?
- STEM CELL FACTOR ACTION IN NEURAL CREST DEVELOPMENTMaya Sieber Blum; Fiscal Year: 2003..However, the newly detected additional roles of SCF in maintaining stem cells, up-regulating neurotrophin receptors and promoting sensory neurogenesis suggest additional defects in human piebaldism that remain to be elucidated. ..
- MECHANISMS OF SYMPATHETIC NEURON SPECIFICATIONMaya Sieber Blum; Fiscal Year: 2004..Both types of drug easily cross the placenta and can cause autonomic disturbances in infants born to mothers who have been treated with the antidepressant, or who have used cocaine during pregnancy. ..
- Wnt signaling in mammary development and cancerAnthony Brown; Fiscal Year: 2006..Since aberrant Wnt expression and signaling is associated with human breast cancer, the results may be applicable to future strategies of Wnt receptor modulation as a means of therapeutic intervention. ..
- Feedback Regulation of Wnt signalingKEITH WHARTON; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Role of Gbx2 and Otx2 in the mes-met organizer functionJames Li; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- SERM Regulation of PAK Pathway in Endometrial CancerRakesh Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Role of PAK1-MORC2 Pathway in Breast CancerRakesh Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is our hope that the knowledge gained from this project will form the basis for new mechanistic advances in DNAdamage response in breast cancer cells. ..
- MOLECULAR MARKER FOR INVASIVE CANDIDA ALBICANSMARGARET HOSTETTER; Fiscal Year: 2001..In attainment of the specific aims of the previous five-year funding period, we have now cloned a gene (alpha INT1) encoding a novel surface protein in C. albicans and have analyzed its structure...
- C3-Binding and -Degrading Proteins in S. pneumoniaeMARGARET HOSTETTER; Fiscal Year: 2002..This revised proposal will define the role of two potent immunogens in pneumococcal pathogenesis. ..
- Non-canonical Wnt/Dishevelled signaling and cancer cell malignancyAnthony M C Brown; Fiscal Year: 2010..Characterization of the molecular mechanisms involved will provide opportunities for manipulating the pathway for therapeutic purposes. ..
- NEUROTROPHIN RESPONSIVENESS IN NEUROBLASTOMAEmil Bogenmann; Fiscal Year: 2002..Results obtained from the proposed experiments will define the potential usefulness of neurotrophic factors for treatment of NB in vivo. ..
- InteractiveSlides - Microarray data visualization toolJozef Spychala; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- FIBRONECTIN RECEPTOR IN CANDIDA TROPICALISMARGARET HOSTETTER; Fiscal Year: 2003..The surface protein(s) identified in C. tropicalis should enable us to develop innovative preventive and therapeutic modalities to address two species that account for more than 75 percent of candidal infections. ..
- Targeting Urokinase Pathway for Breast Cancer TherapyRakesh Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2003..These results will have a direct impact in developing novel therapeutic intervention strategies. ..
- Identification and characterization of the ALS4 genePHILLIP CHANCE; Fiscal Year: 2006..Specific Aim (5) is to develop an animal model of ALS4 by introducing an identified disease-causing mutation into the germline of the mouse by employing either transgenesis or gene targeting. ..
- MOLECULAR BASIS OF HEREDITARY NEURALGIC AMYOTROPHYPHILLIP CHANCE; Fiscal Year: 2008..Moreover, characterization of the HNA gene may have broader pathophysiological and therapeutic implications for more common idiopathic forms of brachial neuropathy. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Combination Chemoprevention of ER-Negative Breast CancerLOUISE HOWE; Fiscal Year: 2004..The results of this study will provide the basis for evaluating this combination approach in women at high risk for breast cancer. ..
- Pak1 - PIN Pathway in Breast Cancer ProgressionRakesh Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our proposed research is significant as this research might form the basis for new advances in identifying novel molecular targets, detecting, preventing and treating breast cancer, by identifying PIN as a key regulatory nodule. ..
- HER2 Pathway in Breast Cancer Progression and TreatmentRakesh Kumar; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Aspirin for Breast Cancer PreventionLOUISE HOWE; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Biology of Int1p in Canadida albicans FungemiaMARGARET HOSTETTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..The C. albicans gene INT1 links adhesion, morphogenesis and virulence in vitro and in vivo, but the mechanism of its virulence has not been ..