Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: WDR77
Description: WD repeat domain 77
Alias: HKMT1069, MEP-50, MEP50, Nbla10071, p44, p44/Mep50, WD repeat-containing protein 77, androgen receptor cofactor p44, methylosome protein 50
Publications140 found, 100 shown here
- Roles of the androgen receptor cofactor p44 in the growth of prostate epithelial cellsLiran Zhou
Department of Cancer Biology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Boulevard 173, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Mol Endocrinol 37:283-300. 2006..Here, we found that AR cofactor (p44) translocation from the nucleus to the cytoplasm in prostate epithelial cells (ECs) is associated with prostate ..
- Distinct nuclear and cytoplasmic functions of androgen receptor cofactor p44 and association with androgen-independent prostate cancerYi Peng
Departments of Pathology and Microbiology, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY 10010, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:5236-41. 2008..We recently identified p44/MEP50 as an AR coactivator and further showed that it is expressed primarily in the nucleus and cytoplasm of benign ..
- The histone variant mH2A1.1 interferes with transcription by down-regulating PARP-1 enzymatic activityKhalid Ouararhni
Laboratoire Epigénétique et Cancer, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique FRE 2944, 94801 Villejuif, France
Genes Dev 20:3324-36. 2006..mH2A1.1 recruits PARP-1 to the promoter, thereby inactivating it. Upon heat shock, the Hsp70.1 promoter-bound PARP-1 is released to activate transcription through ADP-ribosylation of other Hsp70.1 promoter-bound proteins...
- A novel WD repeat protein component of the methylosome binds Sm proteinsWestley J Friesen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104 6148, USA
J Biol Chem 277:8243-7. 2002..Here, we describe a novel component of the methylosome, a 50-kilodalton WD repeat protein termed methylosome protein 50 (MEP50)...
- Purification and identification of a novel complex which is involved in androgen receptor-dependent transcriptionKeiko Hosohata
Department of Cancer Biology, M D Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:7019-29. 2003..AR transcriptional activity, we used an immunoprecipitation method and identified a 44-kDa protein, designated p44, as a new AR-interacting protein...
- CpG-binding protein (CXXC finger protein 1) is a component of the mammalian Set1 histone H3-Lys4 methyltransferase complex, the analogue of the yeast Set1/COMPASS complexJeong Heon Lee
Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Section of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 280:41725-31. 2005....
- APE1/Ref-1 interacts with NPM1 within nucleoli and plays a role in the rRNA quality control processCarlo Vascotto
Department of Biomedical Sciences and Technologies, University of Udine, P le Kolbe 4, 33100 Udine, Italy
Mol Cell Biol 29:1834-54. 2009..Our data demonstrate that APE1 affects cell growth by directly acting on RNA quality control mechanisms, thus affecting gene expression through posttranscriptional mechanisms...
- The expression and function of androgen receptor coactivator p44 and protein arginine methyltransferase 5 in the developing testis and testicular tumorsJohn J Liang
Department of Pathology, New York University School of Medicine, NY, USA
J Urol 177:1918-22. 2007The role of androgen receptor coactivators in testicular development and cancer formation is unclear. p44/Mep50 was identified as an androgen receptor coactivator that functions in a complex with protein arginine methyltransferase 5...
- Atypical protein kinase C-zeta stimulates thyrotropin-independent proliferation in rat thyroid cellsN Fernandez
Center for Experimental Therapeutics, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia 19104-6160, USA
Endocrinology 141:146-52. 2000..Cells overexpressing PKCzeta show higher levels of phosphorylated p42/p44 MAPK compared with vector-transfected cells...
- Prevalence of Anaplasma phagocytophilum and its coinfection with Borrelia afzelii in Ixodes ricinus and Ixodes persulcatus ticks inhabiting Tver Province (Russia) - a sympatric region for both tick speciesToshiyuki Masuzawa
Laboratory of Microbiology and Immunology, Faculty of Pharmacy, Chiba Institute of Science CIS, Choshi 288 0025, Japan
J Med Microbiol 57:986-91. 2008..In this study, p44/msp2 paralogues specific to A. phagocytophilum and 5S-23S rRNA gene-intergenic spacers specific to B...
- Rapid mitogen-activated protein kinase by basic fibroblast growth factor in rat intestine after ischemia/reperfusion injuryXiao bing Fu
Wound Healing and Cell Biology Laboratory, 304 Hospital, Burns Institute, Trauma Center of Postgraduate Medical College, 51 Fu Cheng Road, Beijing 100037, China
World J Gastroenterol 9:1312-7. 2003....
- Negative regulation by p70 S6 kinase of FGF-2-stimulated VEGF release through stress-activated protein kinase/c-Jun N-terminal kinase in osteoblastsShinji Takai
Department of Pharmacy, Gifu University Graduate School of Medicine, and Department of Clinical Laboratory, National Hospital for Geriatric Medicine, National Center for Geriatrics and Gerontology, Obu, Aichi, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 22:337-46. 2007..In this study, we show that p70 S6 kinase activated by FGF-2 negatively regulates VEGF release through SAPK/JNK in osteoblasts...
- [Mechanism of regulation of hepatoma cell cycle by XPD/P44 subcomplex : an in vitro experiment]Hong Yun Wang
Department of Gastroenterology, Second Affiliated Hospital of Nanchang University, Jiangxi Provincial Laboratory of Molecular Medicine, Nanchang University, Nanchang 330006, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 88:1997-2001. 2008To explore the effects of xeroderma pigmentosum group D(XPD)/P44 subcomplex on the cell cycle of the hepatoma cells.
- Gene transcription profile of the detached retina (An AOS Thesis)David N Zacks
Kellogg Eye Center, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Trans Am Ophthalmol Soc 107:343-82. 2009..We also define the early activation of kinases that might be responsible for the detachment-induced changes in gene transcription...
- Comitogenic effect of catecholamines on rat cardiac fibroblasts in cultureM Leicht
Carl Ludwig Institute of Physiology, University of Leipzig, Liebigstr 27, D 04103, Leipzig, Germany
Cardiovasc Res 48:274-84. 2000..We studied the ability of norepinephrine and of other catecholamines to affect the proliferation of cardiac fibroblasts isolated from adult rat hearts. Furthermore, we investigated the possible adrenergic receptor involved in this process...
- Characterization of p44/msp2 multigene family of Anaplasma phagocytophilum from two different tick species, Ixodes persulcatus and Ixodes ovatus, in Japan- Wuritu
Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences, Graduate School of Nutritional and Environmental Sciences, University of Shizuoka, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
Jpn J Infect Dis 62:142-5. 2009..This bacterium expresses a variety of 44-kDa immunodominant proteins encoded by the p44/msp2 multigene family on the surface for the purpose of avoiding the host immune defense due to the antigenic ..
- Role of arrestins in endocytosis and signaling of alpha2-adrenergic receptor subtypesJ L DeGraff
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Kimmel Cancer Institute, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Biol Chem 274:11253-9. 1999..in the trafficking of human alpha2-adrenergic receptors (alpha2-ARs) and the effect of receptor trafficking on p42/p44 MAP kinase activation...
- Anaplasma phagocytophilum MSP2(P44)-18 predominates and is modified into multiple isoforms in human myeloid cellsMadhubanti Sarkar
Department of Microbiology, Immunology, and Molecular Genetics, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, Kentucky 40504, USA
Infect Immun 76:2090-8. 2008Anaplasma phagocytophilum is the etiologic agent of human granulocytic anaplasmosis. MSP2(P44), the bacterium's major surface protein, is encoded by a paralogous gene family and has been implicated in a variety of pathobiological ..
- Anaplasma phagocytophilum has a functional msp2 gene that is distinct from p44Quan Lin
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1925 Coffey Road, Columbus, OH 43210 1093, USA
Infect Immun 72:3883-9. 2004The msp2 and p44 genes encode polymorphic major outer membrane proteins that are considered unique to the intraerythrocytic agent of Anaplasma marginale and the intragranulocytic agent of Anaplasma phagocytophilum, respectively...
- Participation of a stress-activated protein kinase cascade in the activation of tyrosine hydroxylase in chromaffin cellsG Thomas
Department of Biochemistry, University of Dundee, Scotland
Eur J Biochem 247:1180-9. 1997..Stimulation of bovine adrenal chromaffin cells with acetylcholine activated SAPK2 and MAPKAP-K2, as well as p42/p44 MAP kinases and their downstream target MAPKAP-K1...
- 1alpha,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) and 24R,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) modulate growth plate chondrocyte physiology via protein kinase C-dependent phosphorylation of extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1/2 mitogen-activated protein kinaseZ Schwartz
Department of Orthopedics, University of Texas Health Science Center, San Antonio 78229, USA
Endocrinology 143:2775-86. 2002..In both cells the effect was due to ERK1/2 activation (p42 > p44 in GC; p42 = p44 in RC). MAPK activation was dependent on PKC, but not protein kinase A...
- Identification of novel surface proteins of Anaplasma phagocytophilum by affinity purification and proteomicsYan Ge
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1925 Coffey Rd, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
J Bacteriol 189:7819-28. 2007..phagocytophilum plays a crucial role in subverting the hostile host cell environment. However, except for the P44/Msp2 outer membrane protein family, the surface components of A. phagocytophilum are largely unknown...
- A role for the MEK-MAPK pathway in okadaic acid-induced meiotic resumption of incompetent growing mouse oocytesC de Vantéry Arrighi
Clinique de Stérilité et d Endocrinologie Gynécologique, Département de gynécologie et obstétrique, Maternité, Hopitaux Universitaires de Geneve, 1211 Geneve 14, Switzerland
Biol Reprod 63:658-65. 2000..promoting factor (MPF; [p34(cdc2)/cyclin B kinase]) and mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinases (p42(MAPK) and p44(MAPK)), are implicated in meiotic competence acquisition...
- Mitogen-activated protein kinases mediate upregulation of hypothalamic angiotensin II type 1 receptors in heart failure ratsShun Guang Wei
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, IA 52242, USA
Hypertension 52:679-86. 2008..study examined the hypothesis that the angiotensin II (Ang II)-triggered mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs) p44/42, p38, and c-Jun N-terminal kinase contribute to upregulation of the AT(1)-R in the hypothalamus of rats with HF...
- Activation of p44/42 mitogen activated protein kinases in thrombin-induced brain toleranceG Xi
Department of Surgery, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI 48109 0532, USA
Brain Res 895:153-9. 2001..The aim of the current study is to investigate whether thrombin-induced tolerance (thrombin preconditioning; TPC) is associated with activation of p44/42 mitogen activated protein (MAP) kinases.
- Selectin inhibition modulates Akt/MAPK signaling and chemokine expression after liver ischemia-reperfusionLuis H Toledo-Pereyra
Borgess Research Institute, Michigan State University Kalamazoo Center for Medical Studies, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49048, USA
J Invest Surg 17:303-13. 2004..Chemokine expression (MIP-1alpha, MIP-1beta, MIP-2 and KC), Akt, MAPK (p44/p42), and RSK expressions were also measured in liver tissue by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and ..
- Reduction of experimental diabetic vascular leakage by delivery of angiostatin with a recombinant adeno-associated virus vectorMong Ping Shyong
Institute of Clinical Medicine, National Yang Ming University, Taipei and Su Ao Veterans Hospital, I Lan, Taiwan
Mol Vis 13:133-41. 2007..To evaluate the efficacy of recombinant adeno-associated virus (rAAV) vector expressing mouse angiostatin (Kringle domains 1 to 4) in reducing retinal vascular leakage in an experimental diabetic rat model...
- Two monoclonal antibodies with defined epitopes of P44 major surface proteins neutralize Anaplasma phagocytophilum by distinct mechanismsXueqi Wang
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1925 Coffey Rd, Columbus, OH 43210 1093, USA
Infect Immun 74:1873-82. 2006..phagocytophilum are dominant antigens recognized by patients and infected animals. However, the ability of anti-P44 antibody to neutralize the infection has been unclear due to a mixture of P44 proteins with diverse hypervariable ..
- Effect of protein kinase C and Ca(2+) on p42/p44 MAPK, Pyk2, and Src activation in rat conjunctival goblet cellsRobin R Hodges
Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, 20 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Exp Eye Res 85:836-44. 2007..Transactivation of the EGF receptor activates a kinase cascade culminating in the activation of p42/p44 MAPK (MAPK) and ultimately that leads to secretion of high molecular weight glycocongujates (HMWGC), including ..
- Direct comparison of endothelial cell and smooth muscle cell response to supercooling and rewarmingWai Ki Yiu
Department of Vascular Surgery, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520 8062, USA
J Vasc Surg 46:557-564. 2007..This study investigated the differential effects of vascular cell survival and proliferation in an in vitro model simulating cryoplasty...
- Roles of protein kinase C, Ca2+, Pyk2, and c-Src in agonist activation of rat lacrimal gland p42/p44 MAPKRobin R Hodges
Schepens Eye Research Institute and Department of Ophthalmology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 47:3352-9. 2006Although p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) negatively modulates protein secretion stimulated by cholinergic and alpha(1D)-adrenergic agonists, it does not play a role in epidermal growth factor (EGF)-stimulated protein ..
- Bradykinin and high glucose promote renal tubular inflammationSydney C W Tang
Division of Nephrology, Department of Medicine, The University of Hong Kong, Queen Mary Hospital, Hong Kong
Nephrol Dial Transplant 25:698-710. 2010..The role of the kallikrein-kinin system in diabetic nephropathy remains controversial...
- Nicotine activates cell-signaling pathways through muscle-type and neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors in non-small cell lung cancer cellsDiane L Carlisle
Department of Pharmacology, University of Pittsburgh, E1340 Biomedical Science Tower, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, USA
Pulm Pharmacol Ther 20:629-41. 2007..Nicotine at a concentration of 10 microM caused phosphorylation of mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) (p44/42) that could be inhibited using nAChR antagonists...
- Genetic deletion of NAD(P)H:quinone oxidoreductase 1 abrogates activation of nuclear factor-kappaB, IkappaBalpha kinase, c-Jun N-terminal kinase, Akt, p38, and p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinases and potentiates apoptosisKwang Seok Ahn
Cytokine Research Laboratory, Department of Experimental Therapeutics, M D Anderson Cancer Center, The University of Texas, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 281:19798-808. 2006..Further, the deletion of NQO1 abolished TNF-induced c-Jun N-terminal kinase, Akt, p38, and p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation...
- In-vitro studies on the susceptibility of ovine strains of Anaplasma phagocytophilum to antimicrobial agents and to immune serumZ Woldehiwet
Department of Comparative Molecular Medicine, University of Liverpool, School of Veterinary Science, Neston, Wirral, UK
J Comp Pathol 143:94-100. 2010..of infection of Giemsa-stained antibiotic-treated and untreated cells and by comparing the number of copies of the p44 gene by real-time polymerase chain reaction using p44-specific primers...
- p38 and JNK have distinct regulatory functions on the development of apoptosis during simulated ischaemia and reperfusion in neonatal cardiomyocytesA M Engelbrecht
Department of Physiological Sciences, University of Stellenbosch, Tygerberg, Republic of South Africa
Basic Res Cardiol 99:338-50. 2004..strong, biphasic activation of p38 concomitant with a weak and transient activation of the two ERK isoenzymes, p42/p44-MAPK...
- Mechanisms of variable p44 expression by Anaplasma phagocytophilumQuan Lin
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1925 Coffey Road, Columbus, OH 43210, USA
Infect Immun 71:5650-61. 2003..bacterium Anaplasma phagocytophilum promotes variation of P44s, which are surface-exposed proteins encoded by a p44 multigene family. In the present study, the specific p44 gene expression loci in four strains of A...
- Anaplasma phagocytophilum p44 mRNA expression is differentially regulated in mammalian and tick host cells: involvement of the DNA binding protein ApxRXueqi Wang
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1925 Coffey Road, Columbus, OH 43210 1093, USA
J Bacteriol 189:8651-9. 2007..The present study investigated regulation of A. phagocytophilum p44 genes, which encode the P44 major surface proteins...
- Transcript heterogeneity of the p44 multigene family in a human granulocytic ehrlichiosis agent transmitted by ticksNing Zhi
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio 43210 1093, USA
Infect Immun 70:1175-84. 2002..Overall, a total of 20 different p44 transcripts were detected in the mammals, ticks, and cell cultures...
- Role of caveolin-1 in p42/p44 MAP kinase activation and proliferation of human airway smooth muscleReinoud Gosens
Department of Physiology, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, Canada
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 291:L523-34. 2006..Therefore, we investigated their role in p42/p44 MAPK signaling and proliferation using human ASM cell lines...
- Structural analysis of a p44/msp2 expression site of Anaplasma phagocytophilum in naturally infected ticks in Japan- Wuritu
Laboratory of Microbiology, Department of Food and Nutritional Sciences, Graduate School of Nutritional and Environmental Sciences, University of Shizuoka and Global COE Program, Shizuoka 422 8526, Japan
J Med Microbiol 58:1638-44. 2009..The genome of this bacterium contains a large number of p44/msp2-related genes encoding 44 kDa major outer-membrane proteins, and it is known that a specific p44/msp2 gene is ..
- The mouse p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1) gene. Genomic organization and structure of the 5'-flanking regulatory regionG Pages
Centre de Biochimie, CNRS UMR134, Nice, France
J Biol Chem 270:26986-92. 1995..We report here the cloning of the murine p44 MAP kinase (extracellular signal-regulated kinase 1) gene, the determination of its intron/exon boundaries, and the ..
- Neurofibromatosis type 1-related gastrointestinal stromal tumors: a special reference to loss of heterozygosity at 14q and 22qHidetaka Yamamoto
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Pathological Sciences, Graduate School of Medical Sciences, Kyushu University, 3 1 1 Maidashi Higashi ku, Fukuoka 812 8582, Japan
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 135:791-8. 2009....
- Activation of beta(2)-adrenoceptor prevents shiga toxin 2-induced TNF-alpha gene transcriptionA Nakamura
Department of Paediatrics, Teikyo University School of Medicine, Tokyo, Japan
J Am Soc Nephrol 12:2288-99. 2001..Stx-2 (4 pg/ml) stimulated MAPK (p42/p44, p38) and AP-1 and increased TNF-alpha promoter activity by 2.4-fold...
- Genetic deletion of glycogen synthase kinase-3beta abrogates activation of IkappaBalpha kinase, JNK, Akt, and p44/p42 MAPK but potentiates apoptosis induced by tumor necrosis factorYasunari Takada
Cytokine Research Laboratory, Department of Bioimmunotherapy, University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
J Biol Chem 279:39541-54. 2004..Deletion of GSK-3beta also abolished TNF-induced c-Jun N-terminal kinase and p44/p42 mitogen-activated kinase activation...
- High glucose enhances interleukin-6-induced vascular endothelial growth factor 165 expression via activation of gp130-mediated p44/42 MAPK-CCAAT/enhancer binding protein signaling in gingival fibroblastsKazuhiro Omori
Department of Pathophysiology, Periodontal Science, Okayama University Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry, Okayama 700 8525, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:6643-9. 2004..Furthermore, the HG condition enhanced the IL-6/sIL-6R-induced phosphorylation of p44/42 MAPK and led to subsequent activation of CCAAT/enhancer binding protein in nuclei...
- Ligand-independent activation of steroid receptorsA P F Flint
School of Biosciences, University of Nottingham, Sutton Bonington Campus, Loughborough, Leics LE12 5RD, UK
Domest Anim Endocrinol 23:13-24. 2002..various times following transfection, and MAP kinase phosphorylation was monitored by western blotting of p42 and p44. The MEK inhibitor U 0126 was used to determine whether the effect of IGF-I on CATERE expression was mediated ..
- Reactive oxygen species blockade and action of insulin on expression of angiotensinogen gene in proximal tubular cellsTusty Jiuan Hsieh
Research Centre, Centre Hospitalier de l Universite de Montreal CHUM, Hotel Dieu, 3850 Saint Urbain Street, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1T8, Canada
J Endocrinol 183:535-50. 2004..Phosphorylation of p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (p44/42 MAPK) was evaluated by western blotting...
- Involvement of protein kinase C-dependent mitogen-activated protein kinase p44/42 signaling pathway for cross-talk between estradiol and transforming growth factor-beta3 in increasing basic fibroblast growth factor in folliculostellate cellsKirti Chaturvedi
Endocrinology Program, Biomedical Division of the Center of Alcohol Studies and Department of Animal Sciences, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, 84 Lipman Drive, New Brunswick, NJ 08901, USA
Endocrinology 145:706-15. 2004..Estradiol and TGF-beta3 alone moderately activated MAPK p44/42; together they produced marked activation of MAPK p44/42...
- Activation of mitogen-activated protein kinase by oxidized low-density lipoprotein in canine cultured vascular smooth muscle cellsC M Yang
Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology Laboratory, Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Taiwan
Cell Signal 12:205-14. 2000..with a specific pattern of mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) by [3H]thymidine incorporation and p42/p44 MAPK phosphorylation in canine cultured VSMCs...
- Inhibition of IL-8-mediated MAPK activation in human neutrophils by beta1 integrin ligandsDemetra Xythalis
Center for Cell Biology and Cancer Research, Albany Medical College, NY 12208, USA
Inflammation 26:83-8. 2002..to the activation of heterotrimeric G proteins that initiate multiple signaling cascades, including p38 and p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) pathways...
- Confluence of vascular endothelial cells induces cell cycle exit by inhibiting p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase activityF Vinals
Centre de Biochimie CNRS UMR 6543, Universite de Nice, 06108 Nice, France
Mol Cell Biol 19:2763-72. 1999..In this work, we have studied the effect of cellular contact on the activation of p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) by growth factors in mouse vascular endothelial cells...
- Protein kinase calpha but not p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase, p38, or c-Jun NH(2)-terminal kinase is required for intercellular adhesion molecule-1 expression mediated by interleukin-1beta: involvement of sequential activation of tyrosine kinase,C C Chen
Department of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Pharmacol 58:1479-89. 2000..Treatment of cells with IL-1beta resulted in stimulation of p44/42 MAPK, p38, and JNK...
- Structure of the expression site reveals global diversity in MSP2 (P44) variants in Anaplasma phagocytophilumAnthony F Barbet
Department of Infectious Diseases and Pathology, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611 0880, USA, and Department of Clinical Microbiology, Kalmar County Hospital, Sweden
Infect Immun 74:6429-37. 2006..number of related genes and gene fragments encoding partial or apparently full-length outer membrane protein MSP2 (P44)...
- Role of PDE4 in superoxide anion generation through p44/42MAPK regulation: a cAMP and a PKA-independent mechanismClaire Jacob
Pfizer Global R and D, Fresnes Laboratories, Department of Biology, 3 9 Rue de la Loge, 94265 Fresnes, France
Br J Pharmacol 143:257-68. 2004..We also observed that the inhibition of p44/42(MAPK) by PD98059 (1-10 microm) increased O(2)(*-) release by BAL cells enriched in neutrophils, but not by ..
- Differential expression and glycosylation of anaplasma phagocytophilum major surface protein 2 paralogs during cultivation in sialyl Lewis x-deficient host cellsMatthew J Troese
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Kontos Medical Sciences Building, 1217 East Marshall Street, Room 215, Richmond, VA 23298 0678, USA
Infect Immun 77:1746-56. 2009..A. phagocytophilum major surface protein 2 [Msp2(P44)] is encoded by members of a paralogous gene family and is speculated to play roles in host adaptation...
- Enterovirus 71 modulates a COX-2/PGE2/cAMP-dependent viral replication in human neuroblastoma cells: role of the c-Src/EGFR/p42/p44 MAPK/CREB signaling pathwayWei Hsuan Tung
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Cell Biochem 112:559-70. 2011..We also observed that EV71-induced p42/p44 MAPK phosphorylation was decreased following pretreatment with AG1478...
- Protein 4.1R binding to eIF3-p44 suggests an interaction between the cytoskeletal network and the translation apparatusC L Hou
Institute of Life Science, National Defense Medical Center, and the Institute of Biomedical Sciences, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Blood 96:747-53. 2000..1R as bait in a yeast 2-hybrid screen, we isolated cDNA clones encoding a polypeptide of eIF3-p44, which represents a subunit of a eukaryotic translation initiation factor 3 (eIF3) complex...
- Actinobacillus actinomycetemcomitans lipopolysaccharide stimulates the phosphorylation of p44 and p42 MAP kinases through CD14 and TLR-4 receptor activation in human gingival fibroblastsGloria Gutiérrez-Venegas
Laboratorio de Bioquímica División de Estudios de Posgrado Facultad de Odontología Universidad, Nacional Autónoma de México México, D F 04510
Life Sci 78:2577-83. 2006..with the tyrosine kinase inhibitors, herbimycin A and genistein inhibited the LPS-stimulated phosphorylation of p44 and p42 MAP kinases in a dose dependent manner...
- Differential phosphorylation of the rhodopsin cytoplasmic tail mediates the binding of arrestin and its splice variant, p44Maria Ascano
Department of Biological Sciences, University of Maryland, Baltimore County, Baltimore, Maryland 21250, USA
Biochemistry 45:2398-407. 2006..kinase and subsequently deactivated by the binding of the regulatory protein arrestin or its splice variant, p44. Although much is known about the overall differences between arrestin and p44 binding to different rhodopsin ..
- p38 but not p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase is required for nitric oxide synthase induction mediated by lipopolysaccharide in RAW 264.7 macrophagesC C Chen
Institute of Pharmacology, College of Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Mol Pharmacol 55:481-8. 1999..7 macrophages. The role of mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPK) p44/42 and p38 in the LPS effect was studied further...
- The requirement for p42/p44 MAPK activity in progesterone receptor-mediated gene regulation is target gene-specificLindsey S Trevino
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, Baylor College of Medicine, M515, One Baylor Plaza, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Steroids 78:542-7. 2013..For example, the p42/p44 MAPK pathway can regulate PR function by altering phosphorylation of PR, as well as its coregulators...
- Groupings of highly similar major surface protein (p44)-encoding paralogues: a potential index of genetic diversity amongst isolates of Anaplasma phagocytophilumA N J Casey
Department of Veterinary Preclinical Science, University of Liverpool, Brownlow Hill and Crown Street, Liverpool L69 7ZJ, UK
Microbiology 150:727-34. 2004..Potential genomic differences amongst UK and USA isolates were investigated by comparing partial 16S rRNA gene and p44 paralogue sequences amplified by PCR from 10 UK ruminant or tick isolates, with published sequences from USA ..
- Role of Ras in ethanol modulation of angiotensin II activated p42/p44 MAP kinase in rat hepatocytesPil Hoon Park
Department of Medical Pharmacology and Physiology, School of Medicine, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
Life Sci 79:2357-63. 2006..We have investigated the role of Ras in ethanol modulation of p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) stimulated by angiotensin II (Ang II) in primary cultures of rat ..
- The effect of RGS12 on PDGFbeta receptor signalling to p42/p44 mitogen activated protein kinase in mammalian cellsBalwinder S Sambi
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Strathclyde Institute for Biomedical Sciences, University of Strathclyde, 27 Taylor St, Glasgow, G4 0NR, UK
Cell Signal 18:971-81. 2006..that the PDGFbeta receptor uses a classical GPCR-mediated pathway in order to induce efficient activation of p42/p44 MAPK in response to PDGF...
- Rapid sequential changeover of expressed p44 genes during the acute phase of Anaplasma phagocytophilum infection in horsesXueqi Wang
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, 1925 Coffey Road, Columbus, OH 43210 1093, USA
Infect Immun 72:6852-9. 2004..surface protein P44s have been hypothesized to go through antigenic variation, but the within-host dynamics of p44 expression has not been demonstrated...
- Ontogeny of MAP kinases in rat small intestine: premature stimulation by insulin of BBM hydrolases is regulated by ERKs but not by p-38 MAP kinaseSoheila Marandi
Laboratories of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition, Faculty of Medicine, Universite Catholique de Louvain, B 1200 Brussels, Belgium
Pediatr Res 52:180-8. 2002..Therefore, we have analyzed the mucosal distribution, ontogeny, and responses to insulin and to inhibitors of p44, p42, and p38 MAP kinases in immature and mature enterocytes using Western blot analysis and autoradiography after ..
- Involvement of p38 MAPK, JNK, p42/p44 ERK and NF-kappaB in IL-1beta-induced chemokine release in human airway smooth muscle cellsWim A Wuyts
Lung Transplantation Unit, Department of Respiratory Diseases, University Hospital Gasthuisberg, 49 Herestraat, Leuven B 3000, Belgium
Respir Med 97:811-7. 2003..Using Western blot, we observed an activation of p38 MAPK, JNK kinase and p42/p44 ERK when HASMC were stimulated with IL-1beta...
- Integration of multiple downstream signals determines the net effect of insulin on MAP kinase vs. PI 3'-kinase activation: potential role of insulin-stimulated H(2)O(2)Kalyankar Mahadev
Department of Medicine, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, 1020 Locust Street, Philadelphia, PA 19107 6799, USA
Cell Signal 16:323-31. 2004..3T3-L1 adipocytes; however, under identical conditions, we observed a paradoxical increase in the activation of p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase...
- Effects of tolerizing sublethal hemorrhage on p44/42 and SAPK/JNK Map-kinase activationYvette Carter
Department of Surgery, James A Haley Veterans Medical Center and the University of South Florida College of Medicine, Tampa 33612, USA
Shock 18:132-7. 2002..The purpose of this study was to explore whether changes in p44/42 and SAPK/JNK MAP kinase activity also occur after the induction of tolerance by SLH...
- Bradykinin-stimulated p42/p44 MAPK activation associated with cell proliferation in corneal keratocytesChing Yi Cheng
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, College of Medicine, Chang Gung University 259 Wen Hwa 1 Road, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Cell Signal 16:535-49. 2004..This study was to investigate the mitogenic effect of BK on rabbit CKs linked to activation of p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK), assessed by [3H]thymidine incorporation and Western blotting analysis, ..
- Regulation of norepinephrine-induced proliferation in cardiac fibroblasts by interleukin-6 and p42/p44 mitogen activated protein kinaseMonika Leicht
Carl Ludwig Institute of Physiology, University of Leipzig, Germany
Mol Cell Biochem 243:65-72. 2003..have recently reported that NE had a comitogenic effect in isolated cardiac fibroblasts, and that it activated p42/p44 mitogen activated protein kinase (MAPK)...
- Exogenous nitric oxide downregulates MIP-2 and MIP-1alpha chemokines and MAPK p44/42 after ischemia and reperfusion of the rat kidneyGustavo Martinez-Mier
Department of Surgery Research Sciences, Trauma and Molecular Biology, Borgess Research Institute, Kalamazoo, Michigan 49001, USA
J Invest Surg 15:287-96. 2002..the assumption that I/R upregulates some chemokines (MIP-2 and MIP-1alpha) as well as certain protein kinases (MAPK p44/42), and therefore we aimed in this work at recognizing if an exogenous NO donor would downregulate these effects ..
- CD45 opposes beta-amyloid peptide-induced microglial activation via inhibition of p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinaseJ Tan
The Roskamp Institute, Department of Psychiatry, University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida 33613, USA
J Neurosci 20:7587-94. 2000..alpha (TNF-alpha) production and nitric oxide (NO) release, both of which we show to be dependent on activation of p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK)...
- Subcellular localization of p44/WDR77 determines proliferation and differentiation of prostate epithelial cellsShen Gao
Department of Cancer Biology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e49173. 2012..We previously identified a 44-kDa protein (p44/wdr77) as an androgen receptor-interacting protein that regulates a set of androgen receptor target genes in prostate ..
- Nuclear localization of PTEN is regulated by Ca(2+) through a tyrosil phosphorylation-independent conformational modification in major vault proteinTakeo Minaguchi
Genomic Medicine Institute, Lerner Research Institute, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44195, USA
Cancer Res 66:11677-82. 2006..that nuclear phosphatase and tensin homologue deleted on chromosome 10 (PTEN) down-regulates phosphorylation of p44/42 and cyclin D1 and induces G(1) cell cycle arrest, whereas cytoplasmic PTEN down-regulates phosphorylation of Akt,..
- Insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor acts as a growth regulator in synovial sarcomaN Friedrichs
Department of Pathology, University of Bonn Medical Centre, Bonn, Germany
J Pathol 216:428-39. 2008..cascade are known to be involved in the transmission of IGF-1R signals, expression of phosphorylated (p)-AKT and p-p44/42 MAPK was additionally assessed. All tumours expressed IGF-2 and 78% showed an activated IGF-1R...
- Signaling pathways leading to the induction of ornithine decarboxylase: opposite effects of p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) and p38 MAPK inhibitorsF Flamigni
Dipartimento di Biochimica G Moruzzi, Universita di Bologna, 40126, Bologna, Italy
Biochem Pharmacol 61:25-32. 2001..All these agents also provoked an increase in active phosphorylated p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) and p38 MAPK...
- Oxidized low-density lipoprotein induces matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression via a p42/p44 and JNK-dependent AP-1 pathway in brain astrocytesHui Hsin Wang
Department of Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Glia 57:24-38. 2009..blotting analyses showed that oxLDL-induced proMMP-9 gene expression was mediated through Akt, JNK1/2, and p42/p44 MAPK phosphorylation in RBA-1 cells...
- Cardioprotective effects of transforming growth factor-beta1 during early reoxygenation or reperfusion are mediated by p42/p44 MAPKG F Baxter
The Hatter Institute, University College, Grafton Way, London WC1E 6DB, U K
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 38:930-9. 2001..the effects of transforming growth factor-beta1 (TGF-beta1) on reperfusion injury and assessed the role of p42/p44 MAPK signaling in TGF-beta1-induced protection...
- Tumour-mediated disruption of dendritic cell function: inhibiting the MEK1/2-p44/42 axis restores IL-12 production and Th1-generationAndrew Mark Jackson
Academic Unit of Clinical Oncology, University of Nottingham, City Hospital, Nottingham, United Kingdom
Int J Cancer 123:623-32. 2008..The p44/42 MAPK was hyper-activated by melanoma lysate, but not that of HUVEC...
- Activation of a p44 pseudogene in Anaplasma phagocytophila by bacterial RNA splicing: a novel mechanism for post-transcriptional regulation of a multigene family encoding immunodominant major outer membrane proteinsNing Zhi
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, 1925 Coffey Road, 43210 1093, USA
Mol Microbiol 46:135-45. 2002..outer membrane proteins of Anaplasma phagocytophila (human granulocytic ehrlichiosis agent) are encoded by the p44 multigene family. One of the paralogues, p44-18 is predominantly expressed by A...
- [Recombinant human interleukin-10 inhibits vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation induced by TNF-alpha]Ping Ouyang
College of Life Science, Zhong Shan University, Guangzhou 510275
Sheng Li Xue Bao 54:79-82. 2002..of recombinant human interleukin-10 (rhIL-10) on rat vascular smooth muscle cell proliferation and the activity of p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) promoted by tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha)...
- Hydrogen peroxide increases [3H]-2-deoxyglucose uptake via MAPKs, cPLA2, and NF-kappaB signaling pathways in mouse embryonic stem cellsSun Im Na
Department of Veterinary Physiology, Biotherapy Human Resources Center, College of Veterinary Medicine, Chonnam National University
Cell Physiol Biochem 20:1007-18. 2007..Indeed, H(2)O(2) increased the mRNA and protein level of glucose transporter 1 (GLUT 1). PD 98059 (a p44/42 MAPKs inhibitor, 10-5 M), SB 203580 (a p38 MAPK inhibitor, 10-6 M), and SP 600125 (a SAPK/JNK inhibitor, 10-6 M) ..
- Novel 44-kilodalton subunit of axonemal Dynein conserved from chlamydomonas to mammalsRyosuke Yamamoto
Department of Biological Sciences, Graduate School of Science, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Eukaryot Cell 7:154-61. 2008..Dynein d was found to associate with two additional proteins of 38 kDa (p38) and 44 kDa (p44). Following the characterization of the p38 protein (R. Yamamoto, H. A. Yanagisawa, T. Yagi, and R...
- mTORC1 signaling can regulate growth factor activation of p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinases through protein phosphatase 2AFranklin C Harwood
Department of Molecular Pharmacology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, 332 N Lauderdale Street, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
J Biol Chem 283:2575-85. 2008The mTORC1 complex (mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR)-raptor) is modulated by mitogen-activated protein (p44/42 MAP) kinases (p44/42) through phosphorylation and inactivation of the tuberous sclerosis complex...
- Insulin and IGF-1 enhance the expression of the neuronal monocarboxylate transporter MCT2 by translational activation via stimulation of the phosphoinositide 3-kinase-Akt-mammalian target of rapamycin pathwayJulie Chenal
Department of Physiology, Universite de Lausanne, 7 rue du Bugnon, 1005 Lausanne, Switzerland
Eur J Neurosci 27:53-65. 2008..of the putative signalling pathways leading to translation activation revealed that insulin and IGF-1 induced p44- and p42 MAPK, Akt and mTOR phosphorylation...
- Induction of the human gene for p44, a hepatitis-C-associated microtubular aggregate protein, by interferon-alpha/betaA Kitamura
Institute for Liver Research, Kansai Medical University, Osaka, Japan
Eur J Biochem 224:877-83. 1994A hepatitis-C-associated microtubular aggregate protein, referred to as p44, has been identified as a cytoplasmic antigen in the hepatocytes of chimpanzees infected with hepatitis C virus...
- Fish oil modulates macrophage P44/P42 mitogen-activated protein kinase activity induced by lipopolysaccharideC J Lo
Department of Surgery, University of California, Los Angeles, USA
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 24:159-63. 2000..Overactivity of MAPK has been implicated in the development of many diseases, including cancer and sepsis. This study investigated the hypothesis that fish oil altered the membrane phospholipid composition and modulated MAPK activity...
- Nuclear transport signals control cellular localization and function of androgen receptor cofactor p44/WDR77Zhongping Gu
Department of Cancer Biology, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e22395. 2011The androgen receptor (AR) cofactor p44/WDR77, which regulates expression of a set of androgen target genes, is required for differentiation of prostate epithelium...
- Cloning of the major outer membrane protein expression locus in Anaplasma platys and seroreactivity of a species-specific antigenTzung Huei Lai
Department of Veterinary Biosciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210 1093, USA
J Bacteriol 193:2924-30. 2011..In this study, we cloned the A. platys major outer membrane protein cluster, including the P44/Msp2 expression locus (p44ES/msp2ES) and outer membrane protein (OMP), using DNA isolated from the blood of four ..
- The p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade is determinant in mediating activation of the Na+/H+ exchanger (NHE1 isoform) in response to growth factorsL Bianchini
Centre de Biochimie, CNRS, Universite de Nice, France
J Biol Chem 272:271-9. 1997..Whereas p44 MAPK does not appear to phosphorylate NHE1 in vitro, we found that inhibition of the p42/p44 MAPK signaling by ..
- Proinflammatory cytokines, IL-1β and TNF-α, induce expression of interleukin-34 mRNA via JNK- and p44/42 MAPK-NF-κB pathway but not p38 pathway in osteoblastsHiroyuki Eda
Discovery Biology, Global Research and Development, St Louis Laboratories, Pfizer Inc, 700 Chesterfield Parkway West, mail zone AA3C, Chesterfield, MO 63017, USA
Rheumatol Int 31:1525-30. 2011..IL-1β and TNF-α activated the intracellular mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPKs): p44/42 MAPK, p38, and c-Jun N-terminal kinase (JNK) as well as nuclear factor-κB (NF-κB) in osteoblasts...
- RioK1, a new interactor of protein arginine methyltransferase 5 (PRMT5), competes with pICln for binding and modulates PRMT5 complex composition and substrate specificityGernot Guderian
Department of Biochemistry, Biocenter of the University of Wurzburg, D 97074 Wurzburg, Germany
J Biol Chem 286:1976-86. 2011..The human PRMT5 complex consists of PRMT5, WD45/MEP50 (WD repeat domain 45/methylosome protein 50), and pICln and catalyzes the symmetrical arginine dimethylation of its substrate proteins...
- Activation of p44/42 MAPK plays a role in the TBT-induced loss of human natural killer (NK) cell functionFred D Dudimah
Department of Biological Sciences, Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN 37209, USA
Cell Biol Toxicol 26:435-44. 2010..TBT) decreases the lytic function of NK cells and activates mitogen-activated protein kinases (MAPK), including p44/42 (Aluoch and Whalen Toxicology 209:263-277, 2005)...
- Estradiol-induced phosphorylation of serine 118 in the estrogen receptor is independent of p42/p44 mitogen-activated protein kinaseP B Joel
Center for Cell Signaling and Department of Pharmacology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
J Biol Chem 273:13317-23. 1998..67 mol of phosphate/mol of ER. Estradiol did not activate p42/p44 MAPK, and basal p42/p44 MAPK activity was not sufficient to account for phosphorylation of Ser118 in response to ..
- Growth factor-induced p42/p44 MAPK nuclear translocation and retention requires both MAPK activation and neosynthesis of nuclear anchoring proteinsP Lenormand
Centre de Biochimie Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique CNRS UMR 6543, Universite de Nice, 06108 Nice, France
J Cell Biol 142:625-33. 1998Mitogen-activated protein kinases (p42/p44 MAPK, also called Erk2 and Erk1) are key mediators of signal transduction from the cell surface to the nucleus...
- Early intracellular signalling pathway of ethanol in vascular smooth muscle cellsA Sachinidis
Medizinische Universitäts Poliklinik, Wilhelmstr 35 37, 53111 Bonn, Germany
Br J Pharmacol 128:1761-71. 1999..Although ethanol has been shown to modulate ERK1 and ERK2 (p44(mapk) and p42(mapk)) activity, it can also act as an antiproliferative agent in various mammalian cells...
- Fibroblast growth factor receptor-3 expression in meningiomas with stimulation of proliferation by the phosphoinositide 3 kinase-Akt pathwayMahlon D Johnson
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Division of Neuropathology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, New York 14623, USA
J Neurosurg 112:934-9. 2010..Fibroblast growth receptor-3 has not been demonstrated in the human CNS or its tumors. Nonetheless, it has been implicated in the pathogenesis of several other forms of neoplasia...
- The p44/42 mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade is involved in the induction and maintenance of astrocyte stellation mediated by protein kinase CK Abe
Department of Chemical Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Neurosci Res 36:251-7. 2000..To understand the role of p44/42 MAPK (ERK1/2) in astrocyte differentiation, we investigated the effects of U0126 and PD98059, specific ..
- 5-hydroxytryptamine stimulates phosphorylation of p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase activation in bovine aortic endothelial cell culturesJ E McDuffie
Department of Pathology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor 48109, USA
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 35:398-402. 2000..acts as an endothelial cell mitogen, promotes the release of nitric oxide (NO), and has been associated with the p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAPK) cascade...
- NOVEL KINASE SIGNALING CASCADES IN PANCREATIC ACINIJohn Williams; Fiscal Year: 2002..three mitogen activated protein kinase (MAPK) cascades in rat acini leading to activation of ERKs (p42 and p44 MAPK), Jun Kinase and p38/Reactivating Kinase...
- Bile acid-induced colon cancer cell proliferationJean Pierre Raufman; Fiscal Year: 2009..agonist-induced cell proliferation will be studied using immunoblotting to probe for activated proteins in the p44/42 MARK, p38 MARK and JNK pathways, and by examining the roles of phospholipase C and protein kinase C activation ..
- GENE EXPRESSION BY HUMAN GRANULOCYTIC EHRLICHIOSIS AGYasuko Rikihisa; Fiscal Year: 2004..Their recent study indicates that there are a total of approximately 18 copies of p44 genes and the HGE agent in a human promyelocytic leukemia cell line, HL-60, expresses 5 of them...
- C/EBPbeta Isoform Function & Regulation by Tyrosine KinasesCynthia Zahnow; Fiscal Year: 2009..Furthermore, EGFR-mediated-p44/42 MAPK signaling phosphorylates and activates the RNA binding protein, CUGBP1, which then binds to C/EBPB mRNA to ..
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION BY FIBROBLAST GROWTH FACTORDwight Towler; Fiscal Year: 2001..by expression of dominant negative Ras or MAPK ohosphatase -2, yet is unaffected by inhibition of the classic p44/p42 MAPK cacade...
- Rationally designed Rift Valley Fever Virus VaccineRamon Flick; Fiscal Year: 2009..hypothesis is based on the finding that interferon antagonistic action of NSs occurs via its interaction with p44 a component of the transcription factor TFIIH...
- RAGE and a Novel Tumor AxisAnn Schmidt; Fiscal Year: 2005..In murine tumor models, blockade of amphoterin/RAGE suppresses activation of members of the kinase family, p44/p42, p38 and SAPKIJNK involved in modulating tumor proliferation, invasion/migration, and activation of matrix ..
- Alcohol and Impairment of the Granulopoietic Response to PneumoniaPing Zhang; Fiscal Year: 2010..Binding of G-CSF to its receptor activates the p44/42-cyclin D pathway to promote myeloid progenitor cell proliferation...
- RAGE and modulation of tumor propertiesEmina Huang; Fiscal Year: 2006..In murine tumor models, blockade of amphoterin/RAGE suppressed activation of members of the MAP kinase family, p44/p42, p38 and SAPK/JNK, involved in tumor cell proliferation, invasion/migration, and activation of matrix ..
- AIRWAY MYOCYTE PROLIFERATION AND LYSOSOMAL HYDROLASEDUKHEE LEW; Fiscal Year: 2001..Specific aims are: 1) To determine the contribution of p42 and p44 mitogen activated protein kinases (p42/44MAPK) and 70-kD ribosomal protein S6 kinase (p70S6k) in mannosyl-rich ..
- Control of Conjuctival Goblet Cell Mucin ProductionDarlene Dartt; Fiscal Year: 2009..rat and human conjunctival goblet cells will be used to determined if EGF stimulates proliferation by activating 1) p44/p42 mitogen-activated protein kinase, (2) phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase, or (3) PKC isoforms, Proliferation will be ..
- SIGNALING MECHANISMS IN PHARMACOLOGICAL PRECONDITIONINGRAKESH KUKREJA; Fiscal Year: 2004..hypothesis is that pharmacological triggers of PC activate signaling pathway leading to phosphorylation of p38, p44 and p42 MAP kinases and also cause their translocation in the nucleus...