Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: WDFY3
Description: WD repeat and FYVE domain containing 3
Alias: ALFY, BCHS, MCPH18, ZFYVE25, WD repeat and FYVE domain-containing protein 3, autophagy-linked FYVE protein
- Wu D, Gu R, Sarin R, Zavodovskaya R, Chen C, Christiansen B, et al. Autophagy-linked FYVE containing protein WDFY3 interacts with TRAF6 and modulates RANKL-induced osteoclastogenesis. J Autoimmun. 2016;73:73-84 pubmed publisher..However, the role of autophagy-linked FYVE containing protein, WDFY3, in osteoclast biology remains elusive...
- Dragich J, Kuwajima T, Hirose Ikeda M, Yoon M, Eenjes E, Bosco J, et al. Autophagy linked FYVE (Alfy/WDFY3) is required for establishing neuronal connectivity in the mammalian brain. elife. 2016;5: pubmed publisher..The Autophagy linked FYVE protein (Alfy), previously identified as a molecular scaffold between the ubiquitinated cargo and the ..
- Wang T, Guo H, Xiong B, Stessman H, Wu H, Coe B, et al. De novo genic mutations among a Chinese autism spectrum disorder cohort. Nat Commun. 2016;7:13316 pubmed publisher..1% of patients) followed by CHD8, DSCAM, MECP2, POGZ, WDFY3 and ASH1L...
- Tsai T, Wang H, Hung C, Lin P, Lee Y, Chen H, et al. Wheat germ agglutinin-induced paraptosis-like cell death and protective autophagy is mediated by autophagy-linked FYVE inhibition. Oncotarget. 2017;8:91209-91222 pubmed publisher..WGA-induced autophagy antagonized paraptosis in HeLa and CaSKi cells, which expressed autophagy-linked FYVE (Alfy) protein, but not in SiHa cells that did not express Alfy...
- Simonsen A, Birkeland H, Gillooly D, Mizushima N, Kuma A, Yoshimori T, et al. Alfy, a novel FYVE-domain-containing protein associated with protein granules and autophagic membranes. J Cell Sci. 2004;117:4239-51 pubmed..Here, we describe a novel giant FYVE-domain-containing protein, named autophagy-linked FYVE protein (Alfy)...
- Isakson P, Lystad A, Breen K, Koster G, Stenmark H, Simonsen A. TRAF6 mediates ubiquitination of KIF23/MKLP1 and is required for midbody ring degradation by selective autophagy. Autophagy. 2013;9:1955-64 pubmed..this study we showed that the ubiquitin-binding autophagy receptor SQSTM1/p62 and the interacting adaptor protein WDFY3/ALFY form a complex with the ubiquitin E3 ligase TRAF6 and that these proteins, as well as NBR1, are important for ..
- Iossifov I, O Roak B, Sanders S, Ronemus M, Krumm N, Levy D, et al. The contribution of de novo coding mutations to autism spectrum disorder. Nature. 2014;515:216-21 pubmed publisher..Most of the significance for the latter comes from affected females. ..
- Puorro G, Marsili A, Sapone F, Pane C, De Rosa A, Peluso S, et al. Peripheral markers of autophagy in polyglutamine diseases. Neurol Sci. 2018;39:149-152 pubmed publisher..HD patients showed increased expression of MAP1LC3B (+ 43%; p = 0.048), SQSTM1 (+ 49%; p = 0.002), and WDFY3 (+ 89%; p < 0.001). SCA2 patients had increased expression of WDFY3 (+ 69%; p < 0.001)...
- Komatsu M, Waguri S, Koike M, Sou Y, Ueno T, Hara T, et al. Homeostatic levels of p62 control cytoplasmic inclusion body formation in autophagy-deficient mice. Cell. 2007;131:1149-63 pubmed
- Wang C, Saar V, Leung K, Chen L, Wong G. Human amyloid ? peptide and tau co-expression impairs behavior and causes specific gene expression changes in Caenorhabditis elegans. Neurobiol Dis. 2018;109:88-101 pubmed publisher..ptc-3), the Rab GTPase activating protein, TBC1D16 (tbc-16), the WD repeat and FYVE domain-containing protein 3, WDFY3 (wdfy-3), ADP-ribosylation factor guanine nucleotide exchange factor 2, ARFGEF2 (agef-1), Early B-cell Factor, ..
- Wang N, Zimmerman K, Raab R, McKown R, Hutnik C, Talla V, et al. Lacritin rescues stressed epithelia via rapid forkhead box O3 (FOXO3)-associated autophagy that restores metabolism. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:18146-61 pubmed publisher..Lacritin targets the cell surface proteoglycan syndecan-1 via its C-terminal amino acids Leu(108)-Leu(109)-Phe(112) and is also available in saliva, plasma, and lung lavage. Thus, lacritin may promote epithelial homeostasis widely. ..
- Yamamoto A, Simonsen A. Alfy-dependent elimination of aggregated proteins by macroautophagy: can there be too much of a good thing?. Autophagy. 2011;7:346-50 pubmed
- Schläfli A, Isakson P, Garattini E, Simonsen A, Tschan M. The autophagy scaffold protein ALFY is critical for the granulocytic differentiation of AML cells. Sci Rep. 2017;7:12980 pubmed publisher..In this study, we aimed at identifying if the autophagy-linked FYVE-domain containing protein (ALFY/WDFY3) is involved in autophagic degradation of protein aggregates contributes to ATRA therapy-induced autophagy...
- Clausen T, Lamark T, Isakson P, Finley K, Larsen K, Brech A, et al. p62/SQSTM1 and ALFY interact to facilitate the formation of p62 bodies/ALIS and their degradation by autophagy. Autophagy. 2010;6:330-44 pubmed..We show here that p62 is required to recruit the large phosphoinositide-binding protein ALFY to cytoplasmic p62 bodies generated upon amino acid starvation or puromycin-treatment...
- Filimonenko M, Isakson P, Finley K, Anderson M, Jeong H, Melia T, et al. The selective macroautophagic degradation of aggregated proteins requires the PI3P-binding protein Alfy. Mol Cell. 2010;38:265-79 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that Alfy, a phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate-binding protein, is central to the selective elimination of aggregated proteins...
- Kadir R, Harel T, Markus B, Perez Y, Bakhrat A, Cohen I, et al. ALFY-Controlled DVL3 Autophagy Regulates Wnt Signaling, Determining Human Brain Size. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005919 pubmed publisher..We now show through linkage analysis and whole exome sequencing, that a dominant mutation in ALFY, encoding an autophagy scaffold protein, causes human primary microcephaly...
- Suzuki E, Maverakis E, Sarin R, Bouchareychas L, Kuchroo V, Nestle F, et al. T Cell-Independent Mechanisms Associated with Neutrophil Extracellular Trap Formation and Selective Autophagy in IL-17A-Mediated Epidermal Hyperplasia. J Immunol. 2016;197:4403-4412 pubmed..trap formation and/or neutrophils with conditional deletion of the master regulator of selective autophagy, Wdfy3. Our data demonstrate a novel T cell-independent mechanism that is associated with neutrophil extracellular trap ..
- Deretic V. A master conductor for aggregate clearance by autophagy. Dev Cell. 2010;18:694-6 pubmed publisher..provide evidence that the phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate (PI3P) binding protein, Alfy, interacts with p62, Atg5, and PI3P to coordinate target recognition with site-specific activation of autophagic ..
- Lystad A, Ichimura Y, Takagi K, Yang Y, Pankiv S, Kanegae Y, et al. Structural determinants in GABARAP required for the selective binding and recruitment of ALFY to LC3B-positive structures. EMBO Rep. 2014;15:557-65 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that ALFY binds selectively to LC3C and the GABARAPs through a LIR in its WD40 domain...
- Iossifov I, Ronemus M, Levy D, Wang Z, Hakker I, Rosenbaum J, et al. De novo gene disruptions in children on the autistic spectrum. Neuron. 2012;74:285-99 pubmed publisher..We find FMRP-associated genes are under greater purifying selection than the remainder of genes and suggest they are especially dosage-sensitive targets of cognitive disorders. ..
- Leparc G, Mitra R. Non-EST-based prediction of novel alternatively spliced cassette exons with cell signaling function in Caenorhabditis elegans and human. Nucleic Acids Res. 2007;35:3192-202 pubmed..Overall, PASE was able to uncover 59 novel alternative cassette exons in C. elegans and humans through a genome-wide ab initio prediction method that enriches for exons involved in signaling. ..