Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: WASL
Description: Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome like
Alias: N-WASP, NWASP, WASPB, neural Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein
Publications104 found, 100 shown here
- Modregger J, Ritter B, Witter B, Paulsson M, Plomann M. All three PACSIN isoforms bind to endocytic proteins and inhibit endocytosis. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 Pt 24:4511-21 pubmed..These characteristics of the PACSIN protein family suggest a general function in recruitment of the interacting proteins to sites of endocytosis. ..
- Suetsugu S, Hattori M, Miki H, Tezuka T, Yamamoto T, Mikoshiba K, et al. Sustained activation of N-WASP through phosphorylation is essential for neurite extension. Dev Cell. 2002;3:645-58 pubmed..Collectively, neurite extension is regulated by the balance of N-WASP phosphorylation (activation) and degradation (inactivation), which are induced by tyrosine phosphorylation. ..
- Kakimoto T, Katoh H, Negishi M. Identification of splicing variants of Rapostlin, a novel RND2 effector that interacts with neural Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein and induces neurite branching. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:14104-10 pubmed..Therefore, we found that functionally different splicing variants of Rapostlin have different responses to Rnd2 in association with N-WASP. ..
- Tsujita K, Suetsugu S, Sasaki N, Furutani M, Oikawa T, Takenawa T. Coordination between the actin cytoskeleton and membrane deformation by a novel membrane tubulation domain of PCH proteins is involved in endocytosis. J Cell Biol. 2006;172:269-79 pubmed..Furthermore, knockdown of endogenous FBP17 and CIP4 impaired endocytosis. Our data indicate that PCH protein family members couple membrane deformation to actin cytoskeleton reorganization in various cellular processes. ..
- Bu W, Chou A, Lim K, Sudhaharan T, Ahmed S. The Toca-1-N-WASP complex links filopodial formation to endocytosis. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:11622-36 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that the Toca-1-N-WASP complex can link filopodial formation to endocytosis. ..
- Takahashi K, Suzuki K. WAVE2, N-WASP, and Mena facilitate cell invasion via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent local accumulation of actin filaments. J Cell Biochem. 2011;112:3421-9 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that by mediating intensive F-actin accumulation at the sites of cell infiltration, WAVE2, N-WASP, and Mena are crucial for PI3K-dependent cell invasion induced by PDGF. ..
- Fukuoka M, Miki H, Takenawa T. Identification of N-WASP homologs in human and rat brain. Gene. 1997;196:43-8 pubmed..N-WASP was shown to be concentrated at the nerve terminal region. The gene locus of human N-WASP was also determined at 7q31.3 by fluorescence in-situ hybridization (FISH) analysis. ..
- Qualmann B, Roos J, DiGregorio P, Kelly R. Syndapin I, a synaptic dynamin-binding protein that associates with the neural Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:501-13 pubmed..These characteristics of syndapin I suggest a molecular link between cytoskeletal dynamics and synaptic vesicle recycling in the nerve terminal. ..
- Fukuoka M, Suetsugu S, Miki H, Fukami K, Endo T, Takenawa T. A novel neural Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (N-WASP) binding protein, WISH, induces Arp2/3 complex activation independent of Cdc42. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:471-82 pubmed..These findings suggest that WISH activates Arp2/3 complex through N-WASP-dependent and -independent pathways without Cdc42, resulting in the rapid actin polymerization required for microspike formation. ..
- Rohatgi R, Nollau P, Ho H, Kirschner M, Mayer B. Nck and phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate synergistically activate actin polymerization through the N-WASP-Arp2/3 pathway. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:26448-52 pubmed..These results suggest the existence of an Nck-dependent, Cdc42-independent mechanism to induce actin polymerization at tyrosine-phosphorylated Nck binding sites. ..
- Hussain N, Jenna S, Glogauer M, Quinn C, Wasiak S, Guipponi M, et al. Endocytic protein intersectin-l regulates actin assembly via Cdc42 and N-WASP. Nat Cell Biol. 2001;3:927-32 pubmed..These studies reveal a role for intersectin-l in a novel mechanism of N-WASP activation and in regulation of the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Ho H, Rohatgi R, Lebensohn A, Li J, Gygi S, Kirschner M. Toca-1 mediates Cdc42-dependent actin nucleation by activating the N-WASP-WIP complex. Cell. 2004;118:203-16 pubmed publisher..These findings represent a significantly revised view of Cdc42-signaling and shed light on the pathogenesis of Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome...
- Wu X, Yoo Y, Okuhama N, Tucker P, Liu G, Guan J. Regulation of RNA-polymerase-II-dependent transcription by N-WASP and its nuclear-binding partners. Nat Cell Biol. 2006;8:756-63 pubmed..Based on these results, we propose a nuclear function for N-WASP in transcriptional regulation. ..
- Martin T, Pereira G, Watkins G, Mansel R, Jiang W. N-WASP is a putative tumour suppressor in breast cancer cells, in vitro and in vivo, and is associated with clinical outcome in patients with breast cancer. Clin Exp Metastasis. 2008;25:97-108 pubmed..It is concluded that N-WASP, a member of the N-WASP family may act as a tumour progression suppressor in human breast cancer and may therefore have significant clinical value in this condition. ..
- Walrant A, Saxton D, Correia G, Gallop J. Triggering actin polymerization in Xenopus egg extracts from phosphoinositide-containing lipid bilayers. Methods Cell Biol. 2015;128:125-47 pubmed publisher..We also describe the methods we use to assay actin polymerization using microscopy and spectrofluorometry and our protocol for immunodepleting specific proteins from extracts. ..
- Petchampai N, Sunyakumthorn P, Banajee K, Verhoeve V, Kearney M, Macaluso K. Identification of host proteins involved in rickettsial invasion of tick cells. Infect Immun. 2015;83:1048-55 pubmed publisher..Delineating the molecular mechanisms of rickettsial infection is critical to a thorough understanding of rickettsial transmission in tick populations and the ecology of tick-borne rickettsial diseases. ..
- Schmidt S, Willers J, Riecker S, MÃ¶ller K, Schuchardt J, Hahn A. Effect of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids on the cytoskeleton: an open-label intervention study. Lipids Health Dis. 2015;14:4 pubmed publisher..three GTPases (RAC1, RHOA, CDC42), three kinases (ROCK1, PAK2, LIMK), two Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome proteins (WASL, WASF2) as well as actin related protein 2/3 complex (ARPC2, ARPC3) and cofilin (CFL1)...
- Verboon J, Sugumar B, Parkhurst S. Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome proteins in the nucleus: aWASH with possibilities. Nucleus. 2015;6:349-59 pubmed publisher..Here we summarize the regulation and function of nuclear WAS proteins, and highlight how our work with Wash expands the possibilities for the functions of these proteins in the nucleus. ..
- Zhang S, Duan L, He S, Zhuang G, Yu X. Phosphatidylinositol 3,4-bisphosphate regulates neurite initiation and dendrite morphogenesis via actin aggregation. Cell Res. 2017;27:253-273 pubmed publisher..Together, our results identify PI(3,4)P2 as an important signaling molecule during early development and demonstrate its critical role in regulating actin aggregation and neuritogenesis. ..
- Chany A, Veyron Churlet R, Tresse C, Mayau V, Casarotto V, Le Chevalier F, et al. Synthetic variants of mycolactone bind and activate Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome proteins. J Med Chem. 2014;57:7382-95 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it constitutes a structural and functional surrogate of mycolactone for WASP/N-WASP-dependent effects. ..
- Li H, Huang H, Lai Y, Huang J, Chang K, Hsueh C, et al. Silencing of miRNA-148a by hypermethylation activates the integrin-mediated signaling pathway in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2014;5:7610-24 pubmed..inhibits cell migration in NPC cells through the suppression of integrin-mediated signaling by targeting VAV2, WASL and ROCK1...
- Sharonov G, Balatskaya M, Tkachuk V. Glycosylphosphatidylinositol-Anchored Proteins as Regulators of Cortical Cytoskeleton. Biochemistry (Mosc). 2016;81:636-50 pubmed publisher..To evaluate our hypothesis, we have comprehensively considered physiological activities of two GPI-APs - urokinase receptor and T-cadherin. ..
- Bowser J, Blackburn M, Shipley G, Molina J, Dunner K, Broaddus R. Loss of CD73-mediated actin polymerization promotes endometrial tumor progression. J Clin Invest. 2016;126:220-38 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our data indicate that the role of CD73 in cancer is more complex than previously described. ..
- Schlau M, Terheyden Keighley D, Theis V, Mannherz H, Theiss C. VEGF Triggers the Activation of Cofilin and the Arp2/3 Complex within the Growth Cone. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that VEGF simultaneously affects different pathways for signaling to the actin cytoskeleton, since activation of cofilin occurs via inhibition of LIMK, whereas activation of Arp2/3 is achieved by stimulation of N-WASP. ..
- Chakraborty S, Ain R. NOSTRIN: A novel modulator of trophoblast giant cell differentiation. Stem Cell Res. 2018;31:135-146 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that NOSTRIN potentiates trophoblast differentiation towards TGC trajectory that is critical for hemochorial placentation. ..
- Cui Y, Yan L, Zhou J, Zhao S, Zheng Y, Sun B, et al. The role of peptidylarginine deiminase 4 in ovarian cancer cell tumorigenesis and invasion. Tumour Biol. 2016;37:5375-83 pubmed publisher..Our study also demonstrated that PADI4 contributes to tumor metastasis by regulating the gene expression of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1) and WAS/WASL-interacting protein family member 1 (WIPF1).
- Park S, Suetsugu S, Takenawa T. Interaction of HSP90 to N-WASP leads to activation and protection from proteasome-dependent degradation. EMBO J. 2005;24:1557-70 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that HSP90 induces efficient activation of N-WASP downstream of phosphorylation signal by Src family kinases and is critical for N-WASP-dependent podosome formation and neurite extension...
- Alvarez D, Agaisse H. A role for the small GTPase Rac1 in vaccinia actin-based motility. Small Gtpases. 2015;6:119-22 pubmed publisher..We suggest the existence of a receptor tyrosine kinase family member that would integrate the Src-dependent activation of the N-WASP/ARP2/3 pathway and the GTP exchange factor-dependent activation of the Rac1/FHOD1 pathway. ..
- Weisswange I, Newsome T, Schleich S, Way M. The rate of N-WASP exchange limits the extent of ARP2/3-complex-dependent actin-based motility. Nature. 2009;458:87-91 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the exchange rate of N-WASP controls the rate of ARP2/3-complex-dependent actin-based motility by regulating the extent of actin polymerization by antagonizing filament capping. ..
- Misra A, Rajmohan R, Lim R, Bhattacharyya S, Thanabalu T. The mammalian verprolin, WIRE induces filopodia independent of N-WASP through IRSp53. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:2810-24 pubmed publisher..Thus our results show that Cdc42 regulates the activity of IRSp53 by regulating the IRSp53-WIRE interaction as well as localization of the complex to plasma membrane to generate filopodia. ..
- Le Clainche C, Schlaepfer D, Ferrari A, Klingauf M, Grohmanova K, Veligodskiy A, et al. IQGAP1 stimulates actin assembly through the N-WASP-Arp2/3 pathway. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:426-35 pubmed..We propose that signal-induced relief of the autoinhibited fold of IQGAP1 allows activation of N-WASP to stimulate Arp2/3-dependent actin assembly. ..
- Schwickert A, Weghake E, BrÃ¼ggemann K, Engbers A, Brinkmann B, Kemper B, et al. microRNA miR-142-3p Inhibits Breast Cancer Cell Invasiveness by Synchronous Targeting of WASL, Integrin Alpha V, and Additional Cytoskeletal Elements. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0143993 pubmed publisher..overexpression of miR-142-3p in MDA-MB-231, MDA-MB-468 and MCF-7 breast cancer cells leads to downregulation of WASL (Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome-like, protein: N-WASP), Integrin-Î±V, RAC1, and CFL2, molecules implicated in ..
- Huang Z, Zhang L, Chen Y, Zhang H, Zhang Q, Li R, et al. Cdc42 deficiency induces podocyte apoptosis by inhibiting the Nwasp/stress fibers/YAP pathway. Cell Death Dis. 2016;7:e2142 pubmed publisher..Our results further demonstrated that insufficient Cdc42 or Nwasp, its downstream effector, could decrease the mRNA and protein expression of YAP, which had been regarded as an ..
- Manchanda N, Lyubimova A, Ho H, James M, Gusella J, Ramesh N, et al. The NF2 tumor suppressor Merlin and the ERM proteins interact with N-WASP and regulate its actin polymerization function. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12517-22 pubmed..This novel function of merlin and the ERMs illustrates a mechanism by which these proteins directly exert their effects on actin reorganization and also provides new insight into N-WASP regulation. ..
- Serrano Pertierra E, Cernuda Morollón E, Lopez Larrea C. Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (WASp) and N-WASp are involved in the regulation of NK-cell migration upon NKG2D activation. Eur J Immunol. 2012;42:2142-51 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our results provide a new mechanism that may contribute to the immune response or evasion in tumors. ..
- Sanchez A, Flamini M, Baldacci C, Goglia L, Genazzani A, Simoncini T. Estrogen receptor-alpha promotes breast cancer cell motility and invasion via focal adhesion kinase and N-WASP. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:2114-25 pubmed publisher..This information helps to understand the effects of estrogen on breast cancer metastasis and may provide new targets for therapeutic interventions. ..
- Crepin V, Habibzay M, Glegola Madejska I, Guenot M, Collins J, Frankel G. Tir Triggers Expression of CXCL1 in Enterocytes and Neutrophil Recruitment during Citrobacter rodentium Infection. Infect Immun. 2015;83:3342-54 pubmed publisher..rodentium expressing Tir_Y451A/Y471A expressed significantly less CXCL1. These result show that Tir-induced actin remodeling plays a direct role in modulation of immune responses to C. rodentium infection. ..
- Borinskaya S, Velle K, Campellone K, Talman A, Alvarez D, Agaisse H, et al. Integration of linear and dendritic actin nucleation in Nck-induced actin comets. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:247-59 pubmed publisher..Thus the ratio of linear to dendritic nucleation activity may serve to distinguish the properties of actin structures induced by various viral and bacterial pathogens. ..
- Salvi A, Thanabalu T. Expression of N-WASP is regulated by HiF1? through the hypoxia response element in the N-WASP promoter. Biochem Biophys Rep. 2017;9:13-21 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data demonstrates that hypoxia-induced activation of N-WASP expression is mediated by interaction of HiF1? with the HRE1(-132) and explains the role of N-WASP in hypoxia induced invadopodia formation. ..
- Haller C, Rauch S, Michel N, Hannemann S, Lehmann M, Keppler O, et al. The HIV-1 pathogenicity factor Nef interferes with maturation of stimulatory T-lymphocyte contacts by modulation of N-Wasp activity. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:19618-30 pubmed..Together, our results demonstrate that Nef alters both the amount and composition of signaling microclusters. We propose modulation of actin dynamics as an important mechanism for Nef-induced alterations of TCR signaling. ..
- Jain N, Kalailingam P, Tan K, Tan H, Sng M, Chan J, et al. Conditional knockout of N-WASP in mouse fibroblast caused keratinocyte hyper proliferation and enhanced wound closure. Sci Rep. 2016;6:38109 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that N-WASP deficiency in fibroblasts improves wound healing by growth factor-mediated enhancement of keratinocyte proliferation and increased wound contraction in mice. ..
- Meng D, Xie P, Peng L, Sun R, Luo D, Chen Q, et al. CDC42-interacting protein 4 promotes metastasis of nasopharyngeal carcinoma by mediating invadopodia formation and activating EGFR signaling. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2017;36:21 pubmed publisher..We identify the critical role of CIP4 in metastasis of NPC which suggest that CIP4 may be a potential therapeutic target of NPC patients. ..
- Torres E, Rosen M. Protein-tyrosine kinase and GTPase signals cooperate to phosphorylate and activate Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (WASP)/neuronal WASP. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:3513-20 pubmed..4 kcal/mol between the two activators. These combined effects provide mechanisms for high specificity in WASP activation by coincident GTPase and kinase signals. ..
- Frugtniet B, Martin T, Zhang L, Jiang W. Neural Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein (nWASP) is implicated in human lung cancer invasion. BMC Cancer. 2017;17:224 pubmed publisher..This study examines nWASP expression in human lung cancer tissues and explores the effect of nWASP inhibition and knockdown on lung cancer ..
- Martinez Quiles N, Rohatgi R, Anton I, Medina M, Saville S, Miki H, et al. WIP regulates N-WASP-mediated actin polymerization and filopodium formation. Nat Cell Biol. 2001;3:484-91 pubmed..Our results indicate that WIP and N-WASP may act as a functional unit in filopodium formation, which is consistent with their role in actin-tail formation in cells infected with vaccinia virus or Shigella. ..
- Shin N, Ahn N, Chang Ileto B, Park J, Takei K, Ahn S, et al. SNX9 regulates tubular invagination of the plasma membrane through interaction with actin cytoskeleton and dynamin 2. J Cell Sci. 2008;121:1252-63 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that SNX9 functions in the coordination of membrane remodeling and fission via interactions with actin-regulating proteins, endocytic proteins and PtdIns(4,5)P2-metabolizing enzymes. ..
- Tang D, Zhang W, Gunst S. The adapter protein CrkII regulates neuronal Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein, actin polymerization, and tension development during contractile stimulation of smooth muscle. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:23380-9 pubmed..These studies suggest a novel signaling pathway for the regulation of N-WASp activation and active contraction in smooth muscle tissues. ..
- Lohmer L, Clay M, Naegeli K, Chi Q, Ziel J, Hagedorn E, et al. A Sensitized Screen for Genes Promoting Invadopodia Function In Vivo: CDC-42 and Rab GDI-1 Direct Distinct Aspects of Invadopodia Formation. PLoS Genet. 2016;12:e1005786 pubmed publisher..These studies represent the first in vivo screen for genes regulating invadopodia and demonstrate that invadopodia formation requires the integration of distinct cellular processes that are coordinated by an extracellular cue. ..
- Wang Z, Ma X, Hu M, Jiang Z, Meng T, Dong M, et al. Oocyte-specific deletion of N-WASP does not affect oocyte polarity, but causes failure of meiosis II completion. Mol Hum Reprod. 2016;22:613-21 pubmed publisher..2012CB944404) and the National Natural Science Foundation of China (Nos 30930065, 31371451, 31272260 and 31530049). There are no potential conflicts of interests. ..
- Bendris N, Williams K, Reis C, Welf E, Chen P, Lemmers B, et al. SNX9 promotes metastasis by enhancing cancer cell invasion via differential regulation of RhoGTPases. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;: pubmed..Together, our data establish novel roles for SNX9 as a multifunctional protein scaffold that regulates, and potentially coordinates, several cellular processes that together can enhance cancer cell metastasis. ..
- Tu Y, Zhang L, Tong L, Wang Y, Zhang S, Wang R, et al. EFhd2/swiprosin-1 regulates LPS-induced macrophage recruitment via enhancing actin polymerization and cell migration. Int Immunopharmacol. 2018;55:263-271 pubmed publisher..Therefore, our study demonstrated that EFhd2 might be involved in LPS-stimulated macrophage migration, which provides a potential target for LPS-activated c-Src during macrophage mobilization. ..
- Van Itallie C, Tietgens A, Krystofiak E, Kachar B, Anderson J. A complex of ZO-1 and the BAR-domain protein TOCA-1 regulates actin assembly at the tight junction. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:2769-87 pubmed publisher..Identification of the ZO-1/TOCA-1 complex provides novel insights into the underappreciated dependence of the barrier on the dynamic nature of cell-to-cell contacts and perijunctional actin. ..
- Bagnato P, Castagnino A, Cortese K, Bono M, Grasso S, Bellese G, et al. Cooperative but distinct early co-signaling events originate from ERBB2 and ERBB1 receptors upon trastuzumab treatment in breast cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2017;8:60109-60122 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, here we show for the first time an ERBB2-specific signaling contribution to an ERBB2/ERBB1 heterodimer, in the activation of a complex biological process such as the formation of CDRs. ..
- Senju Y, Kalimeri M, Koskela E, Somerharju P, Zhao H, Vattulainen I, et al. Mechanistic principles underlying regulation of the actin cytoskeleton by phosphoinositides. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2017;114:E8977-E8986 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings demonstrate that membrane-interaction mechanisms of ABPs evolved to precisely fulfill their specific functions in cytoskeletal dynamics. ..
- Galovic M, Xu D, Areces L, van der Kammen R, Innocenti M. Interplay between N-WASP and CK2 optimizes clathrin-mediated endocytosis of EGFR. J Cell Sci. 2011;124:2001-12 pubmed publisher..In summary, the N-WASP-CK2 complex integrates in a single circuit different activities contributing to CME. ..
- Kovacs E, Verma S, Thomas S, Yap A. Tuba and N-WASP function cooperatively to position the central lumen during epithelial cyst morphogenesis. Cell Adh Migr. 2011;5:344-50 pubmed..Strikingly, both Tuba and N-WASP depend on each other for localization to the PAP. We conclude that N-WASP functions cooperatively with Tuba to facilitate lumenogenesis and this requires the polyproline region of N-WASP. ..
- Ziv Av A, Giladi N, Lee H, Cazacu S, Finniss S, Xiang C, et al. RTVP-1 regulates glioma cell migration and invasion via interaction with N-WASP and hnRNPK. Oncotarget. 2015;6:19826-40 pubmed
- Shortrede J, Uzair I, Neira F, Flamini M, Sanchez A. Paxillin, a novel controller in the signaling of estrogen to FAK/N-WASP/Arp2/3 complex in breast cancer cells. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2016;430:56-67 pubmed publisher..These results may have clinical relevance for the development of new therapeutic strategies for cancer treatment. ..
- Dubey P, Shirolikar S, Ray K. Localized, Reactive F-Actin Dynamics Prevents Abnormal Somatic Cell Penetration by Mature Spermatids. Dev Cell. 2016;38:507-21 pubmed publisher..These findings revise the existing spermiation model in Drosophila and suggest that somatic cells can actively oppose mechanical cell invasion attempts using calibrated F-actin dynamics in situ. ..
- Anton I, Gómez Oro C, Rivas S, Wandosell F. Crosstalk between WIP and Rho family GTPases. Small Gtpases. 2017;: pubmed publisher..These data support a role for WIP in the GTPase-mediated regulation of numerous actin-related cell functions; we discuss the possibility that this WIP effect is linked to cell proliferative status...
- Suetsugu S, Miki H, Takenawa T. The essential role of profilin in the assembly of actin for microspike formation. EMBO J. 1998;17:6516-26 pubmed..These findings provide the first evidence that profilin is a key molecule linking a signaling network to rapid actin polymerization in microspike formation. ..
- Kim A, Kakalis L, Abdul Manan N, Liu G, Rosen M. Autoinhibition and activation mechanisms of the Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein. Nature. 2000;404:151-8 pubmed..These data show that 'intrinsically unstructured' peptides such as the GTPase-binding domain of WASP can be induced into distinct structural and functional states depending on context. ..
- Hüfner K, Schell B, Aepfelbacher M, Linder S. The acidic regions of WASp and N-WASP can synergize with CDC42Hs and Rac1 to induce filopodia and lamellipodia. FEBS Lett. 2002;514:168-74 pubmed
- Volkman B, Prehoda K, Scott J, Peterson F, Lim W. Structure of the N-WASP EVH1 domain-WIP complex: insight into the molecular basis of Wiskott-Aldrich Syndrome. Cell. 2002;111:565-76 pubmed..This recognition mechanism provides a basis for understanding the effects of mutations that cause WAS. ..
- Kim D, Kim S, Lim C, Choi K, Park C, Sung B, et al. Interaction of SPIN90 with the Arp2/3 complex mediates lamellipodia and actin comet tail formation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:617-25 pubmed..Taken these findings suggest that SPIN90 participates in reorganization of the actin cytoskeleton and in actin-based cell motility. ..
- Bompard G, Rabeharivelo G, Morin N. Inhibition of cytokinesis by wiskostatin does not rely on N-WASP/Arp2/3 complex pathway. BMC Cell Biol. 2008;9:42 pubmed publisher..Wiskostatin is likely to either directly target other proteins required for cytokinesis progression or alternately wiskostatin bound to N-WASP could affect the activity of other factors involved in cytokinesis. ..
- Miller M, Lapetina S, MacGrath S, Sfakianos M, Pollard T, Koleske A. Regulation of actin polymerization and adhesion-dependent cell edge protrusion by the Abl-related gene (Arg) tyrosine kinase and N-WASp. Biochemistry. 2010;49:2227-34 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that Arg promotes actin-based protrusions in response to extracellular stimuli through phosphorylation of and physical interactions with N-WASp. ..
- Bu W, Lim K, Yu Y, Chou A, Sudhaharan T, Ahmed S. Cdc42 interaction with N-WASP and Toca-1 regulates membrane tubulation, vesicle formation and vesicle motility: implications for endocytosis. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12153 pubmed publisher..Thus Cdc42 may influence endocytic membrane trafficking by regulating the formation and activity of the Toca-1/N-WASP complex. ..
- Falcone S, Roman W, Hnia K, Gache V, Didier N, LainÃ© J, et al. N-WASP is required for Amphiphysin-2/BIN1-dependent nuclear positioning and triad organization in skeletal muscle and is involved in the pathophysiology of centronuclear myopathy. EMBO Mol Med. 2014;6:1455-75 pubmed publisher..Our results support a role for N-WASP in amphiphysin-2-dependent nuclear positioning and triad organization and in CNM and myotonic dystrophy pathophysiology. ..
- Kropyvko S, Gryaznova T, Morderer D, Rynditch A. Mammalian verprolin CR16 acts as a modulator of ITSN scaffold proteins association with actin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;484:813-819 pubmed publisher..These findings provide the basis for further functional investigations of the ITSN/CR16 complex that may play an important role in actin remodeling and cellular invasion. ..
- Yang Y, Xiong D, Pipathsouk A, Weiner O, Wu M. Clathrin Assembly Defines the Onset and Geometry of Cortical Patterning. Dev Cell. 2017;43:507-521.e4 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data demonstrate the multiplicity of clathrin functions in cortical pattern formation and provide important insights regarding the nucleation and propagation of single-cell patterns. ..
- Wu D, Huang C, Jiao X, Ding Z, Zhang J, Chen F, et al. Olaquindox disrupts tight junction integrity and cytoskeleton architecture in mouse Sertoli cells. Oncotarget. 2017;8:88630-88644 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study determines olaquindox targets Sertoli cells to affect BTB function through tight junction proteins and F-actin orgnization, which might disrupt the process of spermatogenesis...
- Mimuro H, Suzuki T, Suetsugu S, Miki H, Takenawa T, Sasakawa C. Profilin is required for sustaining efficient intra- and intercellular spreading of Shigella flexneri. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:28893-901 pubmed..These results indicate that profilin I associated with N-WASP is an essential host factor for sustaining efficient intra- and intercellular spreading of Shigella. ..
- Marchand J, Kaiser D, Pollard T, Higgs H. Interaction of WASP/Scar proteins with actin and vertebrate Arp2/3 complex. Nat Cell Biol. 2001;3:76-82 pubmed..Actin filaments stimulate nucleation by producing a fivefold increase in the affinity of WASP-WA for the Arp2/3 complex. ..
- Martinez Quiles N, Ho H, Kirschner M, Ramesh N, Geha R. Erk/Src phosphorylation of cortactin acts as a switch on-switch off mechanism that controls its ability to activate N-WASP. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:5269-80 pubmed
- Tsyba L, Gryaznova T, Dergai O, Dergai M, Skrypkina I, Kropyvko S, et al. Alternative splicing affecting the SH3A domain controls the binding properties of intersectin 1 in neurons. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;372:929-34 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that alternative splicing leads to the formation of two pools of ITSN1 with potentially different properties in neurons, affecting ITSN1 function as adaptor protein. ..
- Nieto Pelegrin E, Kenny B, Martinez Quiles N. Nck adaptors, besides promoting N-WASP mediated actin-nucleation activity at pedestals, influence the cellular levels of enteropathogenic Escherichia coli Tir effector. Cell Adh Migr. 2014;8:404-17 pubmed publisher..Our findings have important implications for the current model of Tir-mediated actin polymerization and opens new lines of research in this area. ..
- Abe T, Kato M, Miki H, Takenawa T, Endo T. Small GTPase Tc10 and its homologue RhoT induce N-WASP-mediated long process formation and neurite outgrowth. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:155-68 pubmed..Consequently, N-WASP activated by these small GTPases mediates neuronal differentiation in addition to its recently identified role in glucose uptake. ..
- Hemsath L, Dvorsky R, Fiegen D, Carlier M, Ahmadian M. An electrostatic steering mechanism of Cdc42 recognition by Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome proteins. Mol Cell. 2005;20:313-24 pubmed..This process is a prerequisite for WASp activation and a critical step in temporal regulation and integration of WASp-mediated cellular responses. ..
- Tsuboi S, Nonoyama S, Ochs H. Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein is involved in alphaIIb beta3-mediated cell adhesion. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:506-11 pubmed..Our results indicate that impaired complex formation between mutant WASPs and CIB reduces alphaIIb beta3-mediated cell adhesion and causes defective platelet aggregation, resulting in bleeding. ..
- Kakimoto T, Katoh H, Negishi M. Regulation of neuronal morphology by Toca-1, an F-BAR/EFC protein that induces plasma membrane invagination. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:29042-53 pubmed..These results suggest that a vesicle trafficking regulator Toca-1 regulates different aspects of neuronal morphology from N-WASP. ..
- Park S, Takenawa T. Neural Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein is required for accurate chromosome congression and segregation. Mol Cells. 2011;31:515-21 pubmed publisher..Depletion of NWASP by RNA interference causes chromosome misalignment, prolonged mitosis, and abnormal chromosomal segregation, which ..
- Shintaku T, Glass K, Hirakawa M, Longley S, Bennett R, Bliss J, et al. Human endothelial cells internalize Candida parapsilosis via N-WASP-mediated endocytosis. Infect Immun. 2013;81:2777-87 pubmed publisher..Thus, endocytosis by endothelial cells may represent a means of traversal of the blood vessel wall by yeast during disseminated candidiasis, and N-WASP may play a key role in the process. ..
- Humphries A, Donnelly S, Way M. Cdc42 and the Rho GEF intersectin-1 collaborate with Nck to promote N-WASP-dependent actin polymerisation. J Cell Sci. 2014;127:673-85 pubmed publisher..Our observations suggest that ITSN1 is an important general regulator of Cdc42-, Nck- and N-WASP-dependent actin polymerisation. ..
- Polle L, Rigano L, Julian R, Ireton K, Schubert W. Structural details of human tuba recruitment by InlC of Listeria monocytogenes elucidate bacterial cell-cell spreading. Structure. 2014;22:304-14 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our findings indicate that InlC hijacks Tuba through its LRR domain, blocking the peptide binding groove to prevent recruitment of its physiological partners. ..
- Tseng R, Chang J, Mao J, Tsai C, Wu P, Lin C, et al. Growth-arrest-specific 7C protein inhibits tumor metastasis via the N-WASP/FAK/F-actin and hnRNP U/Î²-TrCP/Î²-catenin pathways in lung cancer. Oncotarget. 2015;6:44207-21 pubmed publisher..It also enhances Î²-catenin stability via hnRNP U/Î²-TrCP complex formation. Therefore, GAS7C acts as a metastasis suppressor in lung cancer. ..
- Palazzo A, Bluteau O, Messaoudi K, Marangoni F, Chang Y, Souquere S, et al. The cell division control protein 42-Src family kinase-neural Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein pathway regulates human proplatelet formation. J Thromb Haemost. 2016;14:2524-2535 pubmed publisher..Conclusions We conclude that N-WASP positively regulates DMS development and PPF, and that the Src family kinases in association with CDC42 regulate PPF through N-WASP. ..
- Leung Y, Ally S, Goldberg M. Bacterial actin assembly requires toca-1 to relieve N-wasp autoinhibition. Cell Host Microbe. 2008;3:39-47 pubmed publisher..flexneri type III secretion effectors. Thus, S. flexneri independently hijacks two nodes of the N-WASP actin assembly pathway to initiate localized actin tail assembly. ..