Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VPS54
Description: VPS54, GARP complex subunit
Alias: HCC8, PPP1R164, SLP-8p, VPS54L, hVps54L, vacuolar protein sorting-associated protein 54, hepatocellular carcinoma protein 8, protein phosphatase 1, regulatory subunit 164, tumor antigen HOM-HCC-8, tumor antigen SLP-8p, vacuolar protein sorting 54 homolog
- Gershlick D, Schindler C, Chen Y, Bonifacino J. TSSC1 is novel component of the endosomal retrieval machinery. Mol Biol Cell. 2016;27:2867-78 pubmed publisher..Two tethering complexes named GARP (composed of ANG2, VPS52, VPS53, and VPS54 subunits) and EARP (composed of ANG2, VPS52, VPS53, and Syndetin subunits) were previously shown to participate in ..
- Hirata T, Fujita M, Nakamura S, Gotoh K, Motooka D, Murakami Y, et al. Post-Golgi anterograde transport requires GARP-dependent endosome-to-TGN retrograde transport. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:3071-84 pubmed publisher..Knockout (KO) of each of the four GARP subunits, VPS51-VPS54, in HEK293 cells caused severely defective anterograde transport of both glycosylphosphatidylinositol (GPI)-..
- Fari K, Takács S, Ungar D, Sinka R. The role of acroblast formation during Drosophila spermatogenesis. Biol Open. 2016;5:1102-10 pubmed publisherProtein recycling is important for maintaining homeostasis of the Golgi and its cisternae. The Vps54 (Scat) protein, a subunit of the GARP tethering complex, is a central factor in retrograde transport to the trans-Golgi...
- Gioria M, Pasini M, Berruti G. Dynamic of contribution of UBPy-sorted cargo to acrosome biogenesis: effects of its derailment in a mouse model of globozoospermia, the infertile Vps54 (L967Q) mutant. Cell Tissue Res. 2017;369:413-427 pubmed publisher..We also study wobbler mice, whose Vps54 mutation causes motor neuron degeneration and male infertility...
- Realegeno S, Puschnik A, Kumar A, Goldsmith C, Burgado J, Sambhara S, et al. Monkeypox Virus Host Factor Screen Using Haploid Cells Identifies Essential Role of GARP Complex in Extracellular Virus Formation. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..We validated the role of a set of vacuolar protein sorting (VPS) genes during infection, VPS51 to VPS54 (VPS51-54), which comprise the Golgi-associated retrograde protein (GARP) complex...
- Meisler M, Russ C, Montgomery K, Greenway M, Ennis S, Hardiman O, et al. Evaluation of the Golgi trafficking protein VPS54 (wobbler) as a candidate for ALS. Amyotroph Lateral Scler. 2008;9:141-8 pubmed publisherb>VPS54 is a component of the Golgi-associated retrograde protein (GARP) complex of vesicle sorting proteins...
- Schindler C, Chen Y, Pu J, Guo X, Bonifacino J. EARP is a multisubunit tethering complex involved in endocytic recycling. Nat Cell Biol. 2015;17:639-50 pubmed publisher..share the Ang2, Vps52 and Vps53 subunits, but EARP contains an uncharacterized protein, syndetin, in place of the Vps54 subunit of GARP...
- Fuchs S, Resch K, Thiel C, Ulbrich M, Platzer M, Jockusch H, et al. Comparative transcription map of the wobbler critical region on mouse chromosome 11 and the homologous region on human chromosome 2p13-14. BMC Genet. 2002;3:14 pubmed..The possibility arises that there might be hitherto unknown effects of mutations, in addition to structural changes of the mRNA or regulatory abnormalities. ..
- Ejzykowicz D, Locken K, Ruiz F, Manandhar S, Olson D, Gharakhanian E. Hygromycin B hypersensitive (hhy) mutants implicate an intact trans-Golgi and late endosome interface in efficient Tor1 vacuolar localization and TORC1 function. Curr Genet. 2017;63:531-551 pubmed publisher..a super HHY (s-HHY) subgroup of genes comprised of ARF1, CHC1, DRS2, SAC1, VPS1, VPS34, VPS45, VPS52, and VPS54 that function exclusively or inclusively at trans-Golgi and late endosome interface...
- Walter L, Stark S, Helou K, Flügge P, Levan G, Günther E. Identification, characterization and cytogenetic mapping of a yeast Vps54 homolog in rat and mouse. Gene. 2002;285:213-20 pubmedA novel gene, VPS54-like (Vps54l), is described in the rat that is homologous to the yeast Vps54 gene which is known to be involved in intracellular protein sorting...
- Rosa Ferreira C, Christis C, Torres I, Munro S. The small G protein Arl5 contributes to endosome-to-Golgi traffic by aiding the recruitment of the GARP complex to the Golgi. Biol Open. 2015;4:474-81 pubmed publisher..Thus it appears that Arl5 is one of the factors that directs the recruitment of the GARP complex to the trans-Golgi, and this function is conserved in both flies and humans. ..