Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: vitronectin
Alias: V75, VNT, vitronectin, S-protein, complement S-protein, epibolin, serum spreading factor, somatomedin B
Publications192 found, 100 shown here
- The human vitronectin (complement S-protein) gene maps to the centromeric region of 17qT M Fink
Deutsches Krebsforschungszentrum, Heidelberg, Federal Republic of Germany
Hum Genet 88:569-72. 1992b>Vitronectin (complement S-protein, serum-spreading factor, epibolin) is a multifunctional glycoprotein that mediates cell-to-substrate adhesion, inhibits the cytolytic action of the terminal complement cascade in vitro and binds to ..
- Complete amino acid sequence of human vitronectin deduced from cDNA. Similarity of cell attachment sites in vitronectin and fibronectinS Suzuki
EMBO J 4:2519-24. 1985..It showed that vitronectin contains the entire 44-amino acid somatomedin B peptide at its NH2 terminus and, near its COOH terminus, a 34-amino acid glycosaminoglycan binding site in ..
- A novel beta-endorphin binding protein. Complement S protein (= vitronectin) exhibits specific non-opioid binding sites for beta-endorphin upon interaction with heparin or surfacesA Hildebrand
Rudolf Buchheim Institut für Pharmakologie, Max Planck Gesellschaft, Giessen, Federal Republic of Germany
J Biol Chem 264:15429-34. 1989Human beta-endorphin (1-31) (beta H-endorphin) was found to specifically interact with purified complement S protein from human plasma...
- Sulfation of two tyrosine-residues in human complement S-protein (vitronectin)D Jenne
European Molecular Biology Laboratory, Cell Biology Program, Heidelberg
Eur J Biochem 185:391-5. 1989Human S-protein (vitronectin) and hemopexin, two structurally related plasma proteins of similar molecular mass and abundance, were analyzed for tyrosine sulfation...
- Domain structure of vitronectin. Alignment of active sitesS Suzuki
J Biol Chem 259:15307-14. 1984..of the intact vitronectin polypeptides are the same and identical to a 44-amino acid serum peptide called somatomedin B, indicating that vitronectin may be the precursor of somatomedin B...
- Is plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 the molecular switch that governs urokinase receptor-mediated cell adhesion and release?G Deng
Department of Vascular Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Cell Biol 134:1563-71. 1996..First, we demonstrate that uPAR and PAI-1 bind to the same site in VN (i.e., the amino-terminal somatomedin B domain; SMB), and that PAI-1 competes with uPAR for binding to SMB...
- Phosphorylation of vitronectin by casein kinase II. Identification of the sites and their promotion of cell adhesion and spreadingD Seger
Department of Biological Regulation, Weizmann Institute of Science, IL 76100 Rehovot, Israel
J Biol Chem 273:24805-13. 1998The cell adhesion protein vitronectin (Vn) was previously shown to be the major target in human blood for an extracellular protein kinase A, which is released from platelets upon their physiological stimulation with thrombin and also ..
- Role of alphavbeta3 integrin in the activation of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2R Soldi
Institute for Cancer Research and Treatment IRCC, Biology and Biochemistry, School of Medicine, University of Torino, 10100 Torino, Italy
EMBO J 18:882-92. 1999..phosphorylation and mitogenicity induced by VEGF-A165 were enhanced in cells plated on the alphavbeta3 ligand, vitronectin, compared with cells plated on the alpha5beta1 ligand, fibronectin or the alpha2beta1 ligand, collagen...
- The human retina and retinal pigment epithelium are abundant sources of vitronectin mRNAS Ozaki
Neuroscience Research Institute, University of California, Santa Barbara, California, 93106, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 258:524-9. 1999b>Vitronectin (Vn), a multifunctional plasma protein synthesized primarily in the liver, is often present as a component of the extracellular plaques and deposits that accompany various age-related human diseases...
- Vitronectin gene expression in the adult human retinaD H Anderson
Center for the Study of Macular Degeneration, Neuroscience Research Institute, University of California, Santa Barbara 93106, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 40:3305-15. 1999To determine whether vitronectin (Vn), a plasma protein and extracellular matrix molecule that is also a prominent constituent of drusen, is synthesized by cells in the adult human retina.
- Vitronectin binding to IGF binding protein-5 (IGFBP-5) alters IGFBP-5 modulation of IGF-I actionsTaek Nam
Division of Endocrinology, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
Endocrinology 143:30-6. 2002IGF binding protein-5 (IGFBP-5) and vitronectin are matricellular proteins that are produced by smooth muscle cells and modulate their responsiveness to IGF-I...
- Urokinase-dependent human vascular smooth muscle cell adhesion requires selective vitronectin phosphorylation by ectoprotein kinase CK2Victoria Stepanova
Medical Faculty of the Charite, Franz Volhard Clinic and Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine, Humboldt University of Berlin, Wiltbergstrasse 50, 13125 Berlin Buch, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:10265-72. 2002Urokinase (uPA)- and urokinase receptor (uPAR)-dependent cell adhesion to the extracellular matrix protein vitronectin (Vn) is an important event in wound healing, tissue remodeling, immune response, and cancer...
- New insights into heparin binding to vitronectin: studies with monoclonal antibodiesP Anne Underwood
CSIRO Molecular Science, P O Box 184, N Ryde, NSW 1670, Australia
Biochem J 365:57-67. 2002b>Vitronectin is a plasma glycoprotein that binds to a variety of ligands...
- Vitronectin in human breast carcinomasMads Aaboe
Laboratory for Cellular Protein Science, Department for Molecular Biology, Aarhus University, Gustav Wied s Vej 10C, DK 8000 C, Aarhus, Denmark
Biochim Biophys Acta 1638:72-82. 2003We have analysed the occurrence of the extracellular glycoprotein vitronectin in carcinomas and normal tissue of human breast...
- How vitronectin binds PAI-1 to modulate fibrinolysis and cell migrationAiwu Zhou
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge Institute for Medical Research, Wellcome Trust MRC Building, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2XY, UK
Nat Struct Biol 10:541-4. 2003..Here we show the crystal structure at a resolution of 2.3 A of the complex of the somatomedin B domain of vitronectin with PAI-1...
- The solution structure of the N-terminal domain of human vitronectin: proximal sites that regulate fibrinolysis and cell migrationAnand Mayasundari
Department of Biochemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology and the Center of Excellence in Structural Biology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996, USA
J Biol Chem 279:29359-66. 2004..structure of an N-terminal fragment comprising the first 51 amino acids from human plasma vitronectin, the somatomedin B (SMB) domain, has been determined by two-dimensional NMR approaches...
- A model for the three-dimensional structure of human plasma vitronectin from small-angle scattering measurementsGary W Lynn
Center for Structural Molecular Biology and Condensed Matter Sciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37831, USA
Biochemistry 44:565-74. 2005..of the central domain and C-terminal heparin-binding domains of vitronectin with respect to the N-terminal somatomedin B (SMB) domain...
- Solution structure of recombinant somatomedin B domain from vitronectin produced in Pichia pastorisMagnus Kjaergaard
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet section 3735, Copenhagen Biocenter, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
Protein Sci 16:1934-45. 2007The cysteine-rich somatomedin B domain (SMB) of the matrix protein vitronectin is involved in several important biological processes...
- A deletion mutant of vitronectin lacking the somatomedin B domain exhibits residual plasminogen activator inhibitor-1-binding activityChristine R Schar
Department of Biochemistry, Cellular, and Molecular Biology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996, USA
J Biol Chem 283:10297-309. 2008..The high affinity binding site for PAI-1 is located within the N-terminal somatomedin B domain of vitronectin; however, several studies have suggested a second PAI-1-binding site within vitronectin...
- The initial steps of ovarian cancer cell metastasis are mediated by MMP-2 cleavage of vitronectin and fibronectinHilary A Kenny
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Section of Gynecologic Oncology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
J Clin Invest 118:1367-79. 2008..MMP-2 enhanced peritoneal adhesion of OvCa cells through cleavage of ECM proteins fibronectin (FN) and vitronectin (Vn) into small fragments and increased binding of OvCa cells to these FN and Vn fragments and their receptors, ..
- Crystal structures of two human vitronectin, urokinase and urokinase receptor complexesQing Huai
Division of Hemostasis and Thrombosis, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 15:422-3. 2008..This study reports the crystal structures of uPAR in complex with both urokinase (uPA) and vitronectin and reveal that uPA occupies the central cavity of the receptor, whereas vitronectin binds at the outer side of ..
- Characterization of a site on PAI-1 that binds to vitronectin outside of the somatomedin B domainChristine R Schar
Department of Biochemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee 37996, USA
J Biol Chem 283:28487-96. 2008..The interactions between the two proteins have been attributed primarily to binding of the somatomedin B (SMB) domain, which comprises the N-terminal 44 residues of vitronectin, to the flexible joint region of PAI-1,..
- Integrin-linked kinase is required for vitronectin-mediated internalization of Streptococcus pneumoniae by host cellsSimone Bergmann
Max von Pettenkofer Institute for Hygiene and Medical Microbiology, Ludwig Maximilians University, Pettenkoferstrasse 9a, 80336 Munchen, Germany
J Cell Sci 122:256-67. 2009..Here, we characterized the interaction of pneumococci with the adhesive glycoprotein vitronectin and the contribution of this protein to pneumococcal uptake by host cells in an integrin-dependent manner...
- Nontypeable Haemophilus influenzae protein E binds vitronectin and is important for serum resistanceTeresia Hallström
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Lund University, University Hospital Malmo, Malmo, Sweden
J Immunol 183:2593-601. 2009..The terminal pathway of the complement system is regulated by vitronectin that is a component of both plasma and the extracellular matrix...
- Vitronectin binds to the head region of Moraxella catarrhalis ubiquitous surface protein A2 and confers complement-inhibitory activityBirendra Singh
Medical Microbiology, Department of Laboratory Medicine, University Hospital Malmo, Lund University, Malmo, Sweden
Mol Microbiol 75:1426-44. 2010..UspA2 also has the capacity to attract vitronectin that in turn binds C9 and hereby inhibits membrane attack complex (MAC) formation...
- Neisseria meningitidis Opc invasin binds to the sulphated tyrosines of activated vitronectin to attach to and invade human brain endothelial cellsClaudia Sa E Cunha
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, School of Medical Sciences, University of Bristol, Bristol, UK
PLoS Pathog 6:e1000911. 2010..bacteria can increase human brain endothelial cell line (HBMEC) adhesion and entry by first binding to serum vitronectin and, to a lesser extent, fibronectin...
- Dual sources of vitronectin in the human lower urinary tract: synthesis by urothelium vs. extravasation from the bloodstreamDianzhong Zhang
Program in Human Urothelial Biology, Center for Tissue and Cell Sciences, Seattle Children s Research Institute, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 300:F475-87. 2011b>Vitronectin (VN), secreted into the bloodstream by liver hepatocytes, is known to anchor epithelial cells to basement membranes through interactions with cell surface integrin receptors...
- Haemophilus influenzae protein E recognizes the C-terminal domain of vitronectin and modulates the membrane attack complexBirendra Singh
Medical Microbiology and Medical Protein Chemistry, Department of Laboratory Medicine Malmö, Lund University, Skane University Hospital, SE 205 02 Malmo, Sweden
Mol Microbiol 81:80-98. 2011..region comprising amino acids PE 84-108 also interferes with complement-mediated bacterial killing by capturing vitronectin (Vn) that prevents complement deposition and formation of the membrane attack complex (MAC)...
- The choline-binding protein PspC of Streptococcus pneumoniae interacts with the C-terminal heparin-binding domain of vitronectinSylvia Voss
Department of Genetics of Microorganisms, Interfaculty Institute for Genetics and Functional Genomics, University of Greifswald, D 17487 Greifswald, Germany
J Biol Chem 288:15614-27. 2013..Pneumococci engage vitronectin, the human adhesive glycoprotein and complement inhibitor, to facilitate attachment to epithelial cells of the ..
- Vitronectin production by human yolk sac carcinoma cells resembling parietal endodermS Cooper
Institute of Cancer Research, Royal Marsden Hospital, Sutton, Surrey, UK
Development 104:565-74. 1988..cells, but not other cell types isolated from testicular teratomas, secrete the serum attachment protein, vitronectin (also known as serum-spreading factor, S-protein or epibolin), as well as fibronectin, laminin and type IV ..
- Epidemiological study of border disease virus infection in Southern chamois (Rupicapra pyrenaica) after an outbreak of disease in the Pyrenees (NE Spain)Ignasi Marco
Servei d Ecopatologia de Fauna Salvatge, Facultat de Veterinaria, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
Vet Microbiol 127:29-38. 2008..7 and 22.6% of the chamois, respectively. Comparative virus neutralization tests (VNT) performed on 42 seropositive samples with 6 pestivirus strains yielded statistically higher titres to BDV Spain 97,..
- Rapid competitive enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for detection of antibodies to peste des petits ruminants virusKang Seuk Choi
Foreign Animal Disease Division, National Veterinary Research and Quarantine Service, Anyang, Kyoung gi, Korea
Clin Diagn Lab Immunol 12:542-7. 2005..The rapid c-ELISA sensitively detected PPRV antibodies in hyperimmune sera (virus neutralization test [VNT] titer, >512), even at dilutions > or = 512 in normal goat serum, and as early as 6 to 13 days postinfection ..
- Monoclonal antibody-based competitive ELISA for simultaneous detection of rinderpest virus and peste des petits ruminants virus antibodiesKang Seuk Choi
National Veterinary Research and Quarantine Service, 480 Anyang 6 dong, Anyang, Kyonggi 430 824, South Korea
Vet Microbiol 96:1-16. 2003..Anti-RPV antibody was detected by morbillivirus cELISA in vaccinated cattle as early as the VNT and continued to be detectable by both the cELISA and the VNT until termination of the study...
- Monoclonal antibody-based competitive enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for detection of morbillivirus antibody in marine mammal seraJ T Saliki
Oklahoma Animal Disease Diagnostic Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK 74078, USA
J Clin Microbiol 39:1877-81. 2001..using two monoclonal antibodies (MAbs), was developed and compared with the standard virus neutralization test (VNT) for detecting antibodies against canine distemper virus (CDV) and phocine distemper virus (PDV) in sera from dogs ..
- Investigation of a pig herd with animals seropositive for classical swine fever and where porcine circovirus-associated disease had been diagnosedP C Bingham
Investigation and Diagnostic Centre Wallaceville, Biosecurity New Zealand, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, PO Box 40742, Upper Hutt 5140, New Zealand
N Z Vet J 58:253-9. 2010..To investigate the cause of classical swine fever (CSF) virus-seropositive animals in a nucleus pig-breeding herd in New Zealand, where porcine circovirus-associated disease had been diagnosed...
- Favorable impact of the interleukin-4 receptor allelic variant I75 on the survival of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma patients demonstrated in a large prospective clinical trialN Schoof
Department of Hematology and Oncology, Medical Center of the Georg August University of Göttingen, Gottingen
Ann Oncol 20:1548-54. 2009..Both cytokines signal through the interleukin-4 receptor (IL4R). Therefore, we investigated whether polymorphisms of IL4, IL13 and IL4R genes could predict the outcome of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) patients...
- Laboratory decision-making during the classical swine fever epidemic of 1997-1998 in The NetherlandsA J De Smit
Department of Mammalian Virology, Institute for Animal Science and Health ID DLO, Lelystad, The Netherlands
Prev Vet Med 42:185-99. 1999..5% as positive for other pestiviruses following the virus neutralisation test (VNT)...
- Seroprevalence of pestivirus in four species of alpine wild ungulates in the High Valley of Susa, ItalyR G M Olde Riekerink
Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PE, Canada C1A 4P3
Vet Microbiol 108:297-303. 2005..A further goal was using virus neutralisation tests (VNT) for four strains of pestivirus in chamois and wild boar...
- Infection with Menangle virus in flying foxes (Pteropus spp.) in AustraliaA W Philbey
New South Wales Department of Primary Industries, Elizabeth Macarthur Agricultural Institute, Menangle NSW, Australia
Aust Vet J 86:449-54. 2008..To examine flying foxes (Pteropus spp.) for evidence of infection with Menangle virus...
- Isolation, characterization and mapping of the mouse and human PRG4 (proteoglycan 4) genesS Ikegawa
Laboratory of Genome Medicine, Human Genome Center, Institute of Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan
Cytogenet Cell Genet 90:291-7. 2000..PRG4 has characteristic motifs including somatomedin B and hemopexin domains, a chondroitin sulfate-attachment site and mucin-like repeats...
- Pulmonary function changes following surgical correction for pectus excavatumX Jiang
Department of Pediatric Surgery, First University Hospital, WCUMS, Chengdu 610041, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 113:206-9. 2000..To assess whether and to what extent pulmonary function returns to normal after surgical correction for pectus excavatum...
- Molecular characterization of field isolates and vaccine strains of infectious bursal disease virusS S Juneja
Department of Veterinary Microbiology, College of Veterinary Science, Guru Angad Dev Veterinary and Animal Sciences University, Ludhiana 141 004, India
Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis 31:11-23. 2008..Virus neutralisation test (VNT) using rabbit raised Georgia strain anti-serum, however, could not differentiate between cvIBD virus and vvIBD ..
- Study of a chimeric foot-and-mouth disease virus DNA vaccine containing structural genes of serotype O in a genome backbone of serotype Asia 1 in guinea pigsA K Chockalingam
Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Bangalore, India
Acta Virol 54:189-95. 2010..with the chimeric DNA vaccine produced virus-specific antibodies assayed by ELISA and virus neutralization test (VNT), respectively...
- Dietary phosphorus-responsive genes in the intestine, pyloric ceca, and kidney of rainbow troutShozo H Sugiura
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, UMDNJ New Jersey Medical School, 185 S Orange Ave, Newark, NJ 07101 1709, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 287:R541-50. 2004..decarboxylase, renal S100 calcium-binding protein and mitochondrial P(i) carrier, and cecal apolipoprotein E, somatomedin B-related protein, and NaPi-II...
- Suitability of an E2 subunit vaccine of classical swine fever in combination with the E(rns)-marker-test for eradication through vaccinationP van Aarle
Intervet International BV, Boxmeer, The Netherlands
Dev Biol (Basel) 114:193-200. 2003..8%. In a set of reference sera the improved test compares well with the results of a VNT. In a challenge experiment all pigs seroconverted between 1 and 3 weeks after challenge.
- [Serological examinations for swine vesicular disease (SVD) in a closed pig breeding herd using ELISA]Gunter Pannwitz
Veterinar und Lebensmitteluberwachungsamt Ostvorpommern, Anklam
Berl Munch Tierarztl Wochenschr 122:161-8. 2009..6%) pregnant sows tested ELISA SVD-antibody positive. Of the ELISA positive samples, 23 tested positive in VNT (virus neutralization test)...
- Singleton reactors in the diagnosis of swine vesicular disease: the role of coxsackievirus B5P Moonen
Institute for Animal Science and Health ID Lelystad, Department of Mammalian Virology, Houtribweg 39, 8200 AB Lelystad, Netherlands
Vet Microbiol 76:291-7. 2000..The SR sera reacted repeatedly positive in the SVDV UKG/27/72 VNT, but reacted differently in three other VNTs (SVDV NET/1/92, CVB5A, and CVB5B)...
- Ventral tegmental nucleus of Gudden: a pontine hippocampal theta generator?M H Bassant
Neurobiologie de la Croissance et de la Sénescence, INSERM U 549, Paris, France
Hippocampus 11:809-13. 2001..Our results show that neurons in VTn exhibit a marked RB activity during states of vigilance accompanied by hippocampal theta rhythm. They suggest that VTn may be a pontine hippocampal theta generator...
- Validation of a foot-and-mouth disease antibody screening solid-phase competition ELISA (SPCE)G A Paiba
Centre for Epidemiology and Risk Analysis, Veterinary Laboratories Agency VLA, Weybridge, New Haw, Addlestone, Surrey, KT15 3NB, UK
J Virol Methods 115:145-58. 2004..between 4 and 9 days post-infection or -exposure, similar to that observed using the virus neutralisation test (VNT) with a COP of 1/45...
- Effects of common atopy-associated amino acid substitutions in the IL-4 receptor alpha chain on IL-4 induced phenotypesIzolda Franjkovic
Institute of Clinical Immunology and Transfusion Medicine, Justus Liebig University, Langhansstrasse 7, 35392 Giessen, Germany
Immunogenetics 56:808-17. 2005..Transfection of B cell lines expressing the IL-4R variant V75+R576 did not result in enhanced IL-4 induced CD23 expression compared to cell lines expressing the wild type IL-4R ..
- Development of a fluorescent-microsphere immunoassay for detection of antibodies specific to equine arteritis virus and comparison with the virus neutralization testYun Young Go
Maxwell H Gluck Equine Research Center, Department of Veterinary Science, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40546, USA
Clin Vaccine Immunol 15:76-87. 2008..Of the eight recombinant proteins, the highest concordance with the virus neutralization test (VNT) results was obtained with the partial GP5(55-98) protein...
- Evaluation of indirect fluorescent antibody test (IFAT) for the diagnosis and screening of lumpy skin disease using Bayesian methodG Gari
Sebeta National Animal Health Research Center, Sebeta, Ethiopia
Vet Microbiol 129:269-80. 2008..Virus neutralization test (VNT) was used as the second test and the study sites were selected from two different geographical places in Ethiopia ..
- Enhanced mucosal immune response in cattle persistently infected with foot-and-mouth disease virusMohan S Maddur
Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Vet Immunol Immunopathol 125:337-43. 2008..type Asia 1 was examined in experimentally infected cattle by assaying antibodies by the virus-neutralizing test (VNT) and IgA ELISA in two secretory fluids, oesophageal pharyngeal fluid (OPF) and oro-nasal fluid (ONF)...
- The Secretin GPCRs descended from the family of Adhesion GPCRsKarl J V Nordström
Department of Neuroscience, Functional Pharmacology, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
Mol Biol Evol 26:71-84. 2009..We found a set of unique Adhesion-like GPCRs in N. vectensis that have long N-termini containing one Somatomedin B domain each, which is a domain configuration similar to that of a set of Adhesion-like GPCRs found in ..
- Homology of placental protein 11 and pea seed albumin 2 with vitronectinD Jenne
Institute of Biochemistry, University of Lausanne, Epalinges, Switzerland
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 176:1000-6. 1991Vitronectin (complement S-protein), a plasma and tissue glycoprotein of 75 kDa, shares the amino-terminal somatomedin B domain with the membrane glycoprotein PC1 of plasma cells and several hemopexin-type repeats with hemopexin and the ..
- [Exploration of certain factors affecting the airway resistance and its determination with interruption technique for normal old, middle-aged and young persons]G Huang
Department of Physiology, Chengdu
Hua Xi Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 27:171-3. 1996..FVC, V75, V50 and V25 were also performed. The regression equations of expiratory and inspiratory resistances (R...
- Genotype and phenotype patterns of drug-resistant HIV-1 subtype B' (Thai B) isolated from patients failing antiretroviral therapy in ChinaLiying Ma
State Key Laboratory for Infection Diseases Prevention and Control, National Center for AIDS STD Control and Prevention NCAIDS, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention China CDC, People s Republic of China
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 44:14-9. 2007..More than 10 codons were involved in the NRTI-resistant mutation and located in two regions (M41-V75 and T215-K219) of the reverse transcriptase...
- Detection of infectious bursal disease virus (IBDV) genome in free-living pigeon and guinea fowl in Africa suggests involvement of wild birds in the epidemiology of IBDVChristopher J Kasanga
Laboratory of Veterinary Microbiology, Faculty of Applied Biological Sciences, Gifu Univeristy, 1 1 Yanagido, Gifu, Gifu 501 1193, Japan
Virus Genes 36:521-9. 2008..in apparently healthy 21 guinea fowls and 20 pigeons obtained in Tanzania and Zambia by virus neutralization test (VNT) and reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) for the VP2 hypervariable region (VP2-HVR) of IBDV...
- Rectal dose reduction using three-dimensional conformal radiotherapy for locally advanced prostate cancer: A combination of conformal dynamic-arc and five-static field techniqueMasahiro Sasaoka
Department of Radiology, Ise Municipal Hospital, Ise City, Japan
Radiother Oncol 90:318-24. 2009....
- Role of image-guided patient repositioning and online planning in localized prostate cancer IMRTFritz A Lerma
University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21201, USA
Radiother Oncol 93:18-24. 2009..To determine the expected benefit of image-guided online replanning over image-guided repositioning of localized prostate cancer intensity-modulated radiotherapy (IMRT)...
- Confidence in indirect assessment of foot-and-mouth disease vaccine potency and vaccine matching carried out by liquid phase ELISA and virus neutralization testsBlanca Robiolo
Centro de Virologia Animal, Instituto de Ciencia y Tecnología Dr Cesar Milstein, CONICET, Saladillo 2468, 1440 Buenos Aires, Argentina
Vaccine 28:6235-41. 2010..the EPPs, the serum titers obtained by liquid phase blocking competitive ELISA (lpELISA) and virus neutralization (VNT) in 10 potency trials using the same A24 Cruzeiro vaccine, were interpolated into previously validated logit ..
- Serum spreading factor (vitronectin) is present at the cell surface and in tissuesE G Hayman
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 80:4003-7. 1983Monoclonal antibodies were prepared against a cell attachment-promoting protein, serum spreading factor, which had been partially purified from human serum by chromatography on glass bead columns...
- Development of a competitive ELISA for detecting antibodies to the peste des petits ruminants virus using a recombinant nucleoproteinG Libeau
CIRAD EMVT, Laboratoire de Pathotrop, Maisons Alfort, France
Res Vet Sci 58:50-5. 1995..The competitive ELISA was compared with the virus neutralisation test (VNT) for detecting specific antibodies to PPRV in sheep and goats...
- Liquid-phase blocking sandwich enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for detection of antibodies against foot-and-mouth disease virus in water buffalo seraJ P Araujo
Departamento de Microbiologia e Imunologia, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Distrito de Rubiäo Jr Botucatu SP, Brazil
Am J Vet Res 57:840-3. 1996..DESIGN--Antibody quantification...
- [Value of measuring resistance of airway for diagnosis of asthma]Y Yuan
Department of Internal Medicine, Chengdu
Hua Xi Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 27:302-5. 1996..05 > P > 0.02); however the FEV1, MMEF, V75 in the curve of MEFV were significantly decreased at the stage of COB, with the most remarkable decrease in MMEF...
- The alphavbeta5 integrin functions as an endocytic receptor for vitronectinL M Memmo
Cell and Molecular Biology Program, Albany Medical College, Albany, New York 12208, USA
J Cell Sci 111:425-33. 1998Endocytosis and degradation of vitronectin by human skin fibroblasts are regulated by the beta5 integrin...
- Vitronectin expression in Purkinje cells in the human cerebellumD G Walker
Department of Psychiatry, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada
Neurosci Lett 251:109-12. 1998b>Vitronectin (Vn) is a multi-functional protein that has a role in cell adhesion, and regulation of complement and blood coagulation...
- CACP, encoding a secreted proteoglycan, is mutated in camptodactyly-arthropathy-coxa vara-pericarditis syndromeJ Marcelino
Department of Genetics and Center for Human Genetics, Case Western Reserve University and University Hospitals of Cleveland, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Nat Genet 23:319-22. 1999..stimulating factor precursor' and 'superficial zone protein', contains domains that have homology to somatomedin B, heparin-binding proteins, mucins and haemopexins...
- [Configurations of F-V curve and their transformation rule in COPD patients analysed with wave-speed theory]G Huang
Department of Physiology, School of Basic Medical Sciences, WCUMS, Chengdu, 610041
Hua Xi Yi Ke Da Xue Xue Bao 31:387-91. 2000..The indices selected were FVC, V75, V50, V25...
- Preoperative assessment of confrontation naming ability and interictal paraphasia production in unilateral temporal lobe epilepsyBruce K Schefft
Department of Psychology, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45221, USA
Epilepsy Behav 4:161-8. 2003..partial seizures (40 left TLE, 40 right TLE) received the Boston Naming Test (BNT) and the Visual Naming subtest (VNT) of the Multilingual Aphasia Examination...
- A vitellogenin chain containing a superoxide dismutase-like domain is the major component of yolk proteins in cladoceran crustacean Daphnia magnaYasuhiko Kato
Laboratory of Environmental and Molecular Biology, Environmental Science Division, School of Life Science, Tokyo University of Pharmacy and Life Science, 1432 1 Horinouchi, Hachioji, Tokyo 192 0392, Japan
Gene 334:157-65. 2004..magna eggs. The protein complexes underwent gradual proteolysis during development. One of the primary sites of cleavage was between the two successive Arg residues located at the 1454th and 1455th positions of DmagVTG1...
- Mapping of the vitronectin-binding site on the urokinase receptor: involvement of a coherent receptor interface consisting of residues from both domain I and the flanking interdomain linker regionHenrik Gardsvoll
Finsen Laboratory, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen Biocenter, DK 2200 Copenhagen N, Denmark
J Biol Chem 282:13561-72. 2007..Furthermore, it raises the intriguing possibility that the canonical receptor and inhibitor for uPA (uPAR and PAI-1) may have reached a convergent solution for binding to the somatomedin B domain of vitronectin.
- Cyr61/CCN1 displays high-affinity binding to the somatomedin B(1-44) domain of vitronectinIvo M B Francischetti
Section of Vector Biology, Laboratory of Malaria and Vector Research, Research Technologies Branch, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9356. 2010..While heparin sulphate proteoglycans reportedly mediate the interaction of Cyr61 with the matrix and cell surface, the role of other extracellular associated proteins has not been revealed...
- A serological survey of antibodies against bovine herpesvirus-1 in yak (Poephagus grunniens) in Arunachal Pradesh in IndiaS Bandyopadhyay
National Research Centre on Yak, Dirang, 790101, Arunachal Pradesh, India
Rev Sci Tech 28:1045-50. 2009..These samples were then screened by virus neutralisation test (VNT) and avidin-biotin enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (AB-ELISA) to study the seroprevalence of antibodies against ..
- Rectal dose reduction with IMRT for prostate radiotherapyN Hardcastle
Centre for Medical Radiation Physics, University of Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia
J Med Imaging Radiat Oncol 54:235-48. 2010..The delivery efficiency was investigated. The IMRT plans resulted in reductions in the V25, V50, V60, V70 and V75 Gy values for both the prostate-only and p + SVs targets...
- Foot and ankle joint kinematics in rheumatoid arthritis cannot only be explained by alteration in walking speedR Dubbeldam
Roessingh Research and Development, Roessinghsbleekweg 33b, 7522 AH Enschede, The Netherlands
Gait Posture 33:390-5. 2011..The healthy subjects walked at 100% (Vc), 75% (V75) and 50% (V50) of their comfortable walking speed...
- The nuclear localization signal sequence of porcine circovirus type 2 ORF2 enhances intracellular delivery of plasmid DNAHsu Chung Gabriel Chen
School of Veterinary Medicine, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan
Arch Virol 156:803-15. 2011..Contrary to the in vitro results, VTN delivered pDNA effectively in vivo without Lipofectamine. In summary, the nuclear localization signal sequence of porcine circovirus type 2 ORF2 can enhance intracellular delivery of pDNA...
- Vanadium oxide nanotube spherical clusters prepared on carbon fabrics for energy storage applicationsSanjaya D Perera
Department of Chemistry and the Alan G MacDiarmid NanoTech Institute, The University of Texas at Dallas, 800 West Campbell Road, Richardson, Texas 75080, USA
ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 3:4512-7. 2011..In this study, we report the synthesis of V(2)O(5) nanotube (VNT) clusters, which form densely packed radial arrangements of VNTs on high-surface-area carbon fiber fabrics (CF)...
- Vitronectin inhibits neutrophil apoptosis through activation of integrin-associated signaling pathwaysHong Beom Bae
Department of Medicine, University of Alabama at Birmingham Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, 901 19th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 46:790-6. 2012..The ability of native vitronectin to delay neutrophil apoptosis was not recapitulated by the vitronectin somatomedin B domain...
- Surveillance of border disease in wild ungulates and an outbreak in Pyrenean chamois (Rupicapra pyrenaica pyrenaica) in AndorraLaura Fernández-Sirera
Servei d Ecopatologia de Fauna Salvatge, Facultat de Veterinaria, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, 08193 Bellaterra, Spain
J Wildl Dis 48:1021-9. 2012..Positive sera were tested with a comparative virus neutralization test (VNT) using three BDV strains and a bovine viral diarrhea virus strain...
- Epidemiological analysis, serological prevalence and genotypic analysis of foot-and-mouth disease in Nigeria 2008-2009D O Ehizibolo
Viral Research Division, National Veterinary Research Institute, Vom, Nigeria
Transbound Emerg Dis 61:500-10. 2014..Antibodies against five FMDV serotypes, (A, O, SAT1, SAT2 and SAT3) were detected by the virus neutralization test (VNT) at various titres (<100->800) from all tested sera from most parts of the region...
- The interaction between uPAR and vitronectin triggers ligand-independent adhesion signalling by integrinsGian Maria Sarra Ferraris
Unit of Cell Matrix Signalling, IFOM The FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, Milan, Italy
EMBO J 33:2458-72. 2014The urokinase-type plasminogen activator receptor (uPAR) is a non-integrin vitronectin (VN) cell adhesion receptor linked to the plasma membrane by a glycolipid anchor...
- Persistence of the protective immunity and kinetics of the isotype specific antibody response against the viral nucleocapsid protein after experimental Schmallenberg virus infection of sheepAntoine Poskin
CODA CERVA, Operational Directorate Viral Diseases, Groeselenberg 99, 1180, Brussels, Belgium
Vet Res 46:119. 2015..neutralizing and SBV nucleoprotein (N) isotype specific antibodies was determined with virus neutralization tests (VNT) and ELISAs...
- Distinct encounter complexes of PAI-1 with plasminogen activators and vitronectin revealed by changes in the conformation and dynamics of the reactive center loopTihami Qureshi
Department of Biochemistry and Cellular and Molecular Biology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee, 37996
Protein Sci 25:499-510. 2016..Several of its ligands, including vitronectin, tissue-type and urokinase-type plasminogen activator (tPA, uPA), affect the fate of PAI-1...
- One-Step Seeding of Neural Stem Cells with Vitronectin-Supplemented Medium for High-Throughput Screening AssaysSheng Dai
1 National Center for Advancing Translational Sciences, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Biomol Screen 21:1112-1124. 2016..with one-step seeding of neural stem cells in assay plates by supplementing the medium with a recombinant human vitronectin (VTN), thus avoiding plate precoating...
- Kinetic analysis of the interaction between vitronectin and the urokinase receptorYuushi Okumura
Department of Cell Biology, Division of Vascular Biology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 277:9395-404. 2002..In fact, uPAR only bound to fragments containing the somatomedin B (SMB) domain, and monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) that bind to this domain competed with uPAR for binding to VN...
- A solid-phase blocking ELISA for detection of type O foot-and-mouth disease virus antibodies suitable for mass serologyGilles Chénard
ID Lelystad, Institute for Animal Science and Health, PO Box 65, 8200 AB, Lelystad, The Netherlands
J Virol Methods 107:89-98. 2003..A sensitivity relative to the virus neutralisation test (VNT) of >99% was achieved when testing 148 positive cattle, goat and sheep sera collected from FMDV-infected Dutch ..
- Regulation of endodermal differentiation of human embryonic stem cells through integrin-ECM interactionsD A Brafman
Department of Cellular and Molecular Medicine, Stem Cell Program, University of California, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Cell Death Differ 20:369-81. 2013..From this screen we identified fibronectin (FN) and vitronectin (VTN) as ECMP components that promoted DE differentiation...
- [Studies of normal values and prediction equations for pulmonary function--spirometry and flow-volume measurements in healthy Japanese children 6 to 14 years of age]M Miyazawa
Saitama Institute of Public Health, Urawa
Rinsho Byori 38:1181-92. 1990..prediction equations were obtained for VC, FVC, FEV1, FEV1/FVC (%), MMFR, PEFR (Peak Expiratory Flow Rate), V75, V50, and V25...
- Line probe assay for rapid detection of drug-selected mutations in the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 reverse transcriptase geneL Stuyver
Innogenetics N V, Ghent, Belgium
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 41:284-91. 1997..of the following variations in the RT gene: M41 or L41; T69, N69, A69, or D69; K70 or R70; L74 or V74; V75 or T75; M184, I184, or V184; T215, Y215, or F215; and K219, Q219, or E219...
- A role for the integrin alphavbeta8 in the negative regulation of epithelial cell growthS Cambier
Department of Anatomic Pathology, University of California at San Francisco, 94143, USA
Cancer Res 60:7084-93. 2000..Finally, when tested in vivo, beta8 potently inhibited tumor growth in nude mice. Together, these results implicate alphavbeta8 as a novel growth-regulatory molecule of epithelial cells...
- Serum antibodies directed against classical swine fever virus and other pestiviruses in wild boar (Sus scrofa) in the Republic of CroatiaB Roic
Croatian Veterinary Institute, Zagreb, Croatia
Dtsch Tierarztl Wochenschr 114:145-8. 2007..The sera were examined by enzyme immunoassay (ELISA) and in the virus neutralization test (VNT). Out of 214 sera tested 111 (51...
- The vitronectin gene in rainbow trout: cloning, expression and phylogenetic analysisDimitra J Marioli
Department of Biology, School of Medicine, University of Patras, Rion 26500, Patras, Greece
Fish Shellfish Immunol 24:18-25. 2008..Vitronectin consists of an N-terminal somatomedin B domain and two hemopexin-like domains and controls functions including cell adhesion, migration, haemostasis ..
- Epidemiology of foot-and-mouth disease in Landhi Dairy Colony, Pakistan, the world largest Buffalo colonyJoern Klein
National Veterinary Institute, Technical University of Denmark, Lindholm, DK 4771 Kalvehave, Denmark
Virol J 5:53. 2008..Serum samples have been analysed by applying serotype-specific antibody ELISA and non-structural proteins (NSP) antibody ELISA...
- Micromodification of virus-neutralisation assay with vital staining in 96-well plate and its use in diagnostics of Tahyna virus infectionsH Zelena
Department of Virology, National Reference Laboratory for Arboviruses, Institute of Public Health, Ostrava
Epidemiol Mikrobiol Imunol 57:106-10. 2008Virus neutralization test (VNT) is considered to be the gold standard for arbovirus serology because of its high specificity and sensitivity...
- Antigen-specific lymphocyte proliferation assay and virus neutralization test for measurement of measles-specific immunity in 15-19 years old high school students in Tehran, IranS Amel Jamehdar
Department of Virology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Tarbiat Modares University, Tehran, Iran
Pak J Biol Sci 10:4144-7. 2007..In this study, Lymphocyte Proliferation (LP) and Viral Neutralization Test (VNT) were used in order to measure measles-specific cellular and humoral immune responses of 100 high school students ..
- A vitronectin M381T polymorphism increases risk of hemangioblastoma in patients with VHL gene defectJing Shan Huang
Department of Neurosurgery, Cathay General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan
J Mol Med (Berl) 87:613-22. 2009..We report here that other angiogenesis-related changes in vitronectin were identified with 2D electrophoresis of plasma samples and restriction fragment length polymorphisms...
- A serological survey of cattle in the Thames - Coromandel district of New Zealand for antibodies to Ross River virusA M J McFadden
Investigation and Diagnostic Centre, Wallaceville, Biosecurity New Zealand, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Upper Hutt 5081, New Zealand
N Z Vet J 57:116-20. 2009..To determine if cattle exposed to the southern saltmarsh mosquito (SSM), Aedes camptorhynchus, in the Thames-Coromandel district of New Zealand had been exposed to Ross River virus (RRV)...
- Neutralizing monoclonal antibody sandwich liquid-phase blocking enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay for detection of Foot-and-mouth disease virus type O antibodiesKazuki Morioka
Exotic Diseases Research Station, National Institute of Animal Health, Josuihoncho 6 20 1 Kodaira Tokyo 187 0022, Japan
J Vet Diagn Invest 21:499-503. 2009..specific positive results by M-LPBE, which were correlated with the results of the virus neutralization test (VNT). When 303 negative bovine and 302 negative swine sera were tested, the specificity of M-LPBE was 100% and 99...
- Vitronectin concentrations predict risk in patients undergoing coronary stentingWolfgang Derer
Berlin Buch, Franz Volhard Klinik Berlin, Germany
Circ Cardiovasc Interv 2:14-9. 2009b>Vitronectin is a multifunctional protein with a multiple binding domain that interacts with a variety of plasma and cell proteins. Vitronectin binds multiple ligands, including the soluble vitronectin receptor...
- Experimental infection of European red deer (Cervus elaphus) with bluetongue virus serotypes 1 and 8Jorge Ramon Lopez-Olvera
Servei d Ecopatologia de Fauna Salvatge SEFaS, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona UAB, Bellaterra, Barcelona E 08193, Spain
Vet Microbiol 145:148-52. 2010..antibodies were found in serum both by enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA) and virus neutralization (VNT) from 8 to 12 dpi to the end of the study, peaking at 17-28 dpi...
- Regulation of Lysolipid Signaling by Autotaxin-Integrin Interactions on PlateletsZACHARY FULKERSON; Fiscal Year: 2013..ATX contains a somatomedin B-like (SMB) domain with an RGD sequence homologous to the integrin-binding region of vitronectin...
- MACROMOLECULAR INTERACTIONS OF HUMAN VITRONECTINCynthia Peterson; Fiscal Year: 2006..Pursue the three-dimensional structure of the N-terminal somatomedin B domain that contains sites for binding to PAl-1 and integrins, and 3...
- Haiti AIDS Research Training: Models to ImplementationJean William Pape; Fiscal Year: 2013..A Masters in Public Health Degree program, established with ICOHRTA support, will continue to be offered in Haiti by Quisqueya University, in partnership with GHESKIO and Cornell University. ..
- UCSF HIV Clinical Trials UnitDiane V Havlir; Fiscal Year: 2013..The relevance of this research is that the studies will define new standards for the treatment of HIV disease and its complications and will improve ways to prevent transmission of HIV from mother to child. ADMINISTRATIVE COMPONENT: ..
- UCSF HIV Clinical Trials UnitDiane V Havlir; Fiscal Year: 2011..The relevance of this research is that the studies will define new standards for the treatment of HIV disease and its complications and will improve ways to prevent transmission of HIV from mother to child. ADMINISTRATIVE COMPONENT: ..
- SHEELA VIRENDRA GODBOLE; Fiscal Year: 2014..We feel confident that our participation in the NIH HIVAIDS clinical trial networks will compliment our national research priorities. ADMINISTRATIVE COMPONENT: ..
- Judith S Currier; Fiscal Year: 2016..10. Stimulate community involvement and encourage participation of women and racial/ethnic minorities in ACTG, HPTN and VTN clinical trials at the UCLA-APT-CTU. ..
- UCLA AIDS Prevention and Treatment Clinical Trials UnitJudith S Currier; Fiscal Year: 2011..10. Stimulate community involvement and encourage participation of women and racial/ethnic minorities in ACTG, HPTN and VTN clinical trials at the UCLA-APT-CTU. ..
- Northern California Pediatrics AIDS Treatment CenterDiane Wara; Fiscal Year: 2006..Dr. Wara chaired the Immunology/IBT RAC; she and Ms. Trevithick served on the Executive Committee, NCPATC members have authored 13 PACTG primary publications. ..
- CELL-SUBSTRATUM INTERACTIONSDavid Barnes; Fiscal Year: 1991..interactions, a 70,000-kilodalton-adhesive glycoprotein isolated from human serum, which we termed "serum spreading factor" (SSF)...
- CELL-SUBSTRATUM INTERACTIONSDavid Barnes; Fiscal Year: 1991..Our laboratory is studying serum spreading factor (SF), an attachment-promoting glycoprotein present both in blood and extracellular matrix and synthesized ..
- Chaperones, ROS systems, & IGF-1:Roles in vascular agingDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Development of a Novel Method for Inhibiting Atherosclerosis in DiabetesDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms of PAI-1 Induced Anti-AngiogenesisMary J Mulligan Kehoe; Fiscal Year: 2011....
- PATHOGENIC MECHANISMS OF VENOUS DISEASEVincent Falanga; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed studies should advance knowledge of the pathogenesis of venous ulceration and fibrosis. ..
- Focal Adhesion Kinase and Stem Cell DifferentiationGeorge Plopper; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- MECHANISMS OF BIOENGINEERED SKIN IN HUMAN WOUNDSVincent Falanga; Fiscal Year: 2003..The proposed studies will advance our understanding of how a bioengineered skin product works in a human chronic wound and provide insight into further bioengineering needs. ..
- IGFBP5 AND INTEGRINS AND CONTROLLING IGF1 ACTIONSDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2002..Additional studies will focus on the role of IGFBP-5 binding to three specific ECM proteins, thrombospondin, vitronectin and osteopontin and how this alters their ability to interact with the alphaVbeta3 receptor...
- Tissue Engineering for the Treatment of Delayed HealingVincent Falanga; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will advance our understanding of how to reconstitute the wound bed and whether it is possible to correct the abnormal cellular phenotype in non-healing wounds. ..
- MECHANISMS BY WHICH IGF-I STIMULATES SMOOTH MUSCLE CELLSDavid Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2007..The results may suggest novel strategies for interfering with these processes to alter the progression of atherosclerosis. ..
- ARTHEROSCLEROSIS IN INSULIN-RESISTANT, HYPERLIPIDEMIC P*David Clemmons; Fiscal Year: 2005....
- REGULATION OF UROTHELIAL CELL BEHAVIOR BY SPARCJames Bassuk; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..