Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VEZT
Description: vezatin, adherens junctions transmembrane protein
Alias: VEZATIN, vezatin
- Holdsworth Carson S, Fung J, Luong H, Sapkota Y, Bowdler L, Wallace L, et al. Endometrial vezatin and its association with endometriosis risk. Hum Reprod. 2016;31:999-1013 pubmed publisherDo endometriosis risk-associated single nucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) found at the 12q22 locus have effects on vezatin ( ITALIC! VEZT) expression? The original genome-wide association study (GWAS) SNP (rs10859871), and other newly ..
- Yao X, Arst H, Wang X, Xiang X. Discovery of a vezatin-like protein for dynein-mediated early endosome transport. Mol Biol Cell. 2015;26:3816-27 pubmed publisher..Here our forward genetic study led to the discovery of VezA, a vezatin-like protein in Aspergillus nidulans, as a factor critical for early endosome distribution...
- Albertsen H, Chettier R, Farrington P, Ward K. Genome-wide association study link novel loci to endometriosis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58257 pubmed publisher..This GWAS of endometriosis was conducted with high diagnostic certainty in cases, and with stringent handling of population substructure. Our findings broaden the understanding of the genetic factors that play a role in endometriosis. ..
- Li Y, Chen Y, Guo X, Liu X, Li L. VEZT as a novel independent prognostic factor in gastric cancer. Cancer Biomark. 2015;15:375-80 pubmed publisherb>Vezatin is an transmembrane protein associated with cell-cell adhesion junctions...
- Pagliardini L, Gentilini D, Sanchez A, Candiani M, ViganÃ² P, Di Blasio A. Replication and meta-analysis of previous genome-wide association studies confirm vezatin as the locus with the strongest evidence for association with endometriosis. Hum Reprod. 2015;30:987-93 pubmed publisher..identified as associated with endometriosis in an Italian Caucasian population? SNP rs10859871 near the vezatin (VEZT) gene was found to be significantly associated with endometriosis in general while SNPs rs17694933 and ..
- Xie D, Shang L, Peng L, Li L. Up-regulation of VEZT by small activating RNA inhibits the proliferation, invasion and migration of gastric cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;482:542-548 pubmed publisherTo identify an effective saRNA sequence that can specifically up-regulate VEZT expression and to determine the influence of saRNA had on gastric cancer cell growth, proliferation, invasion and migration...
- Miao R, Guo X, Zhi Q, Shi Y, Li L, Mao X, et al. VEZT, a novel putative tumor suppressor, suppresses the growth and tumorigenicity of gastric cancer. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74409 pubmed publisherb>Vezatin (VEZT), an adherens junctions transmembrane protein, was identified as a putative tumor suppressor in our previous study. However, the role of VEZT in tumorigenesis remains elusive...
- Nyholt D, Low S, Anderson C, Painter J, Uno S, Morris A, et al. Genome-wide association meta-analysis identifies new endometriosis risk loci. Nat Genet. 2012;44:1355-9 pubmed publisher..1 with endometriosis and identify a newly associated locus at 12q22 near VEZT (rs10859871)...
- Blaschuk O, Rowlands T. Plasma membrane components of adherens junctions (Review). Mol Membr Biol. 2002;19:75-80 pubmedThis review focuses on the three known plasma membrane components of adherens junctions: E-cadherin, nectin-2 and vezatin. The structures of these three components are discussed, with particular emphasis on the molecular mechanisms by ..