Gene Symbol: VENTX
Description: VENT homeobox
Alias: HPX42B, NA88A, VENTX2, VENT homeobox homolog, VENT-like homeobox 2, VENT-like homeobox protein 2, hemopoietic progenitor homeobox protein VENTX2, homeobox protein VENTX
- VentX trans-activates p53 and p16ink4a to regulate cellular senescenceXiaoming Wu
Gastroenterology Division, The Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
J Biol Chem 286:12693-701. 2011..Using methods of reverse genetics, we recently identified VentX, a human homolog of the vertebrate Xenopus Vent family of homeobox genes, as a novel Wnt repressor and a putative ..
- A processed pseudogene codes for a new antigen recognized by a CD8(+) T cell clone on melanomaA Moreau-Aubry
Institut National de la Santé et de la Recherche Médicale INSERM U463, 44093 Nantes Cedex 01, France
J Exp Med 191:1617-24. 2000..sequence identified it is a processed pseudogene, derived from a retrotranscript of mRNA coding for homeoprotein HPX42B. The NA88-A gene exhibits several premature stop codons, deletions, and insertions relative to the HPX42B gene...
- Molecular cloning of a human Vent-like homeobox geneP A Moretti
Human Immunology Division and Hanson Centre for Cancer Research, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science, Adelaide, South Australia, 5000, Australia
Genomics 76:21-9. 2001We have isolated a previously unknown human homeobox-containing cDNA, VENT-like homeobox-2 (VENTX2), using PCR with a bone marrow cDNA library and primers designed from the VENTX1 (alias HPX42) homeobox sequence...
- Functional and hierarchical interactions among zebrafish vox/vent homeobox genesClaudio N Gilardelli
Department of Biology, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Dev Dyn 230:494-508. 2004..This inhibitory role is emphasized by a vox and vent redundant activity, compared with single gene effects...
- Classification and nomenclature of all human homeobox genesPeter W H Holland
Department of Zoology, University of Oxford, South Parks Road, Oxford, OX1 3PS, UK
BMC Biol 5:47. 2007..Increasingly, homeobox genes are being compared between genomes in an attempt to understand the evolution of animal development. Despite their importance, the full diversity of human homeobox genes has not previously been described...
- VentX, a novel lymphoid-enhancing factor/T-cell factor-associated transcription repressor, is a putative tumor suppressorHong Gao
Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Cancer Res 70:202-11. 2010..Here, we report that VentX, a human Xom homologue, is a LEF/TCF-associated inhibitor of canonical Wnt/beta-catenin signaling and a negative ..
- The vent-like homeobox gene VENTX promotes human myeloid differentiation and is highly expressed in acute myeloid leukemiaVijay P S Rawat
Institute of Experimental Cancer Research, Comprehensive Cancer Center Ulm and University Hospital Ulm, 89081 Ulm, Germany
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:16946-51. 2010..Here we report that the human Vent-like homeobox gene VENTX, a putative homolog of the Xenopus xvent2 gene, is a unique regulatory hematopoietic gene that is aberrantly ..
- The homeobox transcription factor VentX controls human macrophage terminal differentiation and proinflammatory activationXiaoming Wu
Department of Medicine, Gastroenterology Division, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
J Clin Invest 121:2599-613. 2011..Here we report that the homeobox transcription factor VentX plays a pivotal role in human macrophage terminal differentiation and proinflammatory function...