Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VE cadherin
Description: cadherin 5, type 2 (vascular endothelium)
Alias: 7B4, CD144, 7B4 antigen, VE-cadherin, cadherin 5, type 2, VE-cadherin (vascular epithelium), cadherin-5, cd144 antigen, endothelial-specific cadherin, vascular endothelial cadherin
Publications178 found, 100 shown here
- Endothelial adherens junctions control tight junctions by VE-cadherin-mediated upregulation of claudin-5Andrea Taddei
FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, 20139 Milan, Italy
Nat Cell Biol 10:923-34. 2008..These results offer a molecular basis for the link between AJs and TJs and explain why VE-cadherin inhibition may cause a marked increase in permeability...
- Tyrosine phosphorylation of VE-cadherin prevents binding of p120- and beta-catenin and maintains the cellular mesenchymal stateMatthew D Potter
Moores Cancer Center, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, California 92093, USA
J Biol Chem 280:31906-12. 2005..These findings demonstrate that a single phosphorylation event within the VE-cadherin cytoplasmic tail is sufficient to maintain cells in a mesenchymal state...
- VE-cadherin and PECAM-1 enhance ALL migration across brain microvascular endothelial cell monolayersStephen M Akers
Cancer Cell Biology Program, Robert C Byrd Health Sciences Center, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Exp Hematol 38:733-43. 2010....
- Human Schlemm's canal cells express the endothelial adherens proteins, VE-cadherin and PECAM-1Ronald L Heimark
Department of Surgery, The University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ, USA
Curr Eye Res 25:299-308. 2002..Conclusions. VE-cadherin and PECAM-1 expression in SC suggests that SC cells are vascular in origin and contain adherens protein likely involved in restricting fluid flow across the inner wall of SC...
- Src kinase phosphorylates vascular endothelial-cadherin in response to vascular endothelial growth factor: identification of tyrosine 685 as the unique target siteY Wallez
Laboratoire Développement et Vieillissement de l Endothélium, Département Recherche et Dynamique Cellulaires, Universite Joseph Fourier, Grenoble, INSERM, Grenoble, France
Oncogene 26:1067-77. 2007..These data identify that VEGF-induced-VE-cadherin tyrosine phosphorylation is mediated by Src on Y685, a process that appears to be critical for VEGF-induced endothelial cell migration...
- Vascular endothelial cadherin promotes breast cancer progression via transforming growth factor beta signalingMyriam Labelle
Institute of Pathology, University of Dresden, Dresden, Germany
Cancer Res 68:1388-97. 2008..Our findings may have important implications for the clinical application of anti-VE-cadherin strategies...
- Endothelial barrier stabilization by a cyclic tandem peptide targeting VE-cadherin transinteraction in vitro and in vivoWolfgang Moritz Heupel
University of Wurzburg, Institute of Anatomy and Cell Biology, Koellikerstr 6, D 97070 Wurzburg, Germany
J Cell Sci 122:1616-25. 2009..Stabilization of VE-cadherin adhesion by cross-bridging peptides may therefore be a novel therapeutic approach for the treatment of vascular hyperpermeability...
- Differential movements of VE-cadherin and PECAM-1 during transmigration of polymorphonuclear leukocytes through human umbilical vein endotheliumWen Hong Su
Department of Physiology and Institute of Basic Medical Sciences, College of Medicine, National Cheng Kung University, Tainan, Taiwan, Republic of China
Blood 100:3597-603. 2002....
- A monoclonal antibody to vascular endothelial-cadherin inhibits tumor angiogenesis without side effects on endothelial permeabilityMonica Corada
FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, Milan, Italy
Blood 100:905-11. 2002b>Vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) is an endothelial-specific, trans-membrane protein that promotes homophilic cell adhesion...
- The human VE-cadherin promoter is subjected to organ-specific regulation and is activated in tumour angiogenesisMarie Hélène Prandini
Department of Cellular Responses and Dynamics, CEA INSERM Joseph Fourier University EMI 0219, CEA Grenoble, France
Oncogene 24:2992-3001. 2005..These results are a first step towards addressing the organ- and tumour-specific regulation of the VE-cadherin gene...
- VE-cadherin regulates endothelial actin activating Rac and increasing membrane association of TiamMaria Grazia Lampugnani
Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, 20157 Milan, Italy
Mol Biol Cell 13:1175-89. 2002..Through this mechanism VEC may influence the constitutive organization of the actin cytoskeleton...
- Association of Csk to VE-cadherin and inhibition of cell proliferationUlf Baumeister
Institute of Cell Biology, ZMBE, University of Munster, Munster, Germany
EMBO J 24:1686-95. 2005b>Vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) mediates contact inhibition of cell growth in quiescent endothelial cell layers...
- Targeted deficiency or cytosolic truncation of the VE-cadherin gene in mice impairs VEGF-mediated endothelial survival and angiogenesisP Carmeliet
Center for Transgene Technology and Gene Therapy, Flanders Interuniversity Institute for Biotechnology, Leuven, Belgium
Cell 98:147-57. 1999b>Vascular endothelial cadherin, VE-cadherin, mediates adhesion between endothelial cells and may affect vascular morphogenesis via intracellular signaling, but the nature of these signals remains unknown...
- Isolation and characterization of dermal lymphatic and blood endothelial cells reveal stable and functionally specialized cell lineagesE Kriehuber
Division of Immunology, Allergy and Infectious Diseases, Department of Dermatology, University of Vienna Medical School, Austria
J Exp Med 194:797-808. 2001..These results demonstrate that LECs and BECs constitute stable and specialized EC lineages equipped with the potential to navigate leukocytes and, perhaps also, tumor cells into and out of the tissues...
- Reduced expression of platelet endothelial cell adhesion molecule-1 in bone marrow cells in mice after skeletal unloadingMiyuki Sakuma-Zenke
Department of Orthopaedic Surgery, University of Occupational and Environmental Health, Iseigaoka, Kitakyushu, Japan
J Bone Miner Res 20:1002-10. 2005..This study suggests that the reduced ALP activity after skeletal unloading is related to downregulation of PECAM-1 expression in bone marrow cells in mice...
- The role of epithelial and vascular-endothelial cadherin in the differentiation and maintenance of tissue integrityP Nachtigal
Charles University, Prague
Acta Medica (Hradec Kralove) 44:83-7. 2001..Disruption of VE-cadherin-catenin complexes by some inflammatory agents such as thrombin, by inflammatory cells, or shear stress is accompanied by an increase in vascular permeability in vivo and in vitro...
- Pathogenic hantaviruses Andes virus and Hantaan virus induce adherens junction disassembly by directing vascular endothelial cadherin internalization in human endothelial cellsElena Gorbunova
Department of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, Stony Brook University, Life Sciences Room 126, Stony Brook, NY 11794 5222, USA
J Virol 84:7405-11. 2010..paracellular permeability of endothelial cells is uniquely determined by the homophilic assembly of vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) within adherens junctions, which is regulated by VEGF receptor-2 (VEGFR2) responses...
- Endothelial junctional protein redistribution and increased monolayer permeability in human umbilical vein endothelial cells isolated during preeclampsiaYuping Wang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shrevport, LA 71130, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 186:214-20. 2002..We hypothesized that increased endothelial monolayer permeability in preeclampsia reflects altered monolayer barrier properties produced by disorganization of endothelial cell junction proteins...
- Ca2+ signaling, TRP channels, and endothelial permeabilityChinnaswamy Tiruppathi
Department of Pharmacology and Center for Lung and Vascular Biology, College of Medicine, University of Illinois, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Microcirculation 13:693-708. 2006..These results indicate that endothelial TRP channels such as TRPC1 and TRPC4 play an important role in signaling agonist-induced increases in endothelial permeability...
- Alteration of endothelial cell monolayer integrity triggers resynthesis of vascular endothelium cadherinD Gulino
Laboratoire d Ingénierie des Macromolécules, Institut de Biologie Structurale Jean Pierre Ebel Commissariat à l Energie Atomique CNRS, 41, avenue des Martyrs, 38027 Grenoble Cedex, France
J Biol Chem 273:29786-93. 1998..Altogether, these results establish a critical role for VE-cadherin in the maintenance and restoration of endothelium integrity...
- VE-cadherin links tRNA synthetase cytokine to anti-angiogenic functionEleni Tzima
Skaggs Institute for Chemical Biology, Department of Chemistry and Molecular Biology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Biol Chem 280:2405-8. 2005..Binding of T2-TrpRS inhibited VEGF-induced ERK activation and EC migration. Thus, a VE-cadherin-dependent pathway is proposed to link T2-TrpRS to inhibition of new blood vessel formation...
- Expression of mRNA for cell adhesion molecules in the bovine corpus luteum during the estrous cycle and PGF2alpha-induced luteolysisKoumei Shirasuna
Graduate School of Animal and Food Hygiene, Obihiro University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Obihiro, Japan
J Reprod Dev 53:1319-28. 2007..The results suggest that CAMs play physiological roles in cell-to-cell communication to regulate both gap and adherence junctions during CL development and regression in the cow...
- Both protein kinase A and exchange protein activated by cAMP coordinate adhesion of human vascular endothelial cellsStuart J Netherton
Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology, Queen s University, Kingston, ON, Canada, K7L 3N6
Circ Res 101:768-76. 2007..adhesions of vascular endothelial cells (VECs) to extracellular matrix proteins, their vascular endothelial cadherin-dependent intercellular adhesions, and their proliferation and migration in response to growth and ..
- Highly efficient and feeder-free production of subculturable vascular endothelial cells from primate embryonic stem cellsKumiko Saeki
Department of Hematology, Research Institute, International Medical Center of Japan, Tokyo, Japan
J Cell Physiol 217:261-80. 2008..All adherent cells including sac walls cells and surrounding cobblestone cells expressed vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) at intercellular junctions...
- Identification of a novel cadherin (vascular endothelial cadherin-2) located at intercellular junctions in endothelial cellsP Telo'
Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Via Eritrea 62, 20157 Milano, Italy
J Biol Chem 273:17565-72. 1998..We propose for this new protein the name of vascular endothelial cadherin-2...
- TAL-1/SCL and its partners E47 and LMO2 up-regulate VE-cadherin expression in endothelial cellsVirginie Deleuze
Institut de Génétique Moléculaire de Montpellier CNRS, UMR5535, Montpellier, France
Mol Cell Biol 27:2687-97. 2007..the inhibition of in vitro tubulomorphogenesis, which was associated with a dramatic reduction in vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) at intercellular junctions...
- Shc coordinates signals from intercellular junctions and integrins to regulate flow-induced inflammationYunhao Liu
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
J Cell Biol 182:185-96. 2008..Shc activation and its vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) association are matrix independent...
- Matrix-specific activation of Src and Rho initiates capillary morphogenesis of endothelial cellsYanqiu Liu
Division of Cancer Biology and Angiogenesis, Department of Pathology, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
FASEB J 18:457-68. 2004....
- Polymorphonuclear leukocyte adhesion triggers the disorganization of endothelial cell-to-cell adherens junctionsA Del Maschio
Laboratory of Vascular Biology, Istituto di Ricerche Farmacologiche Mario Negri, Milano, Italy
J Cell Biol 135:497-510. 1996..This effect could increase EC permeability and facilitate PMN transmigration during the acute inflammatory reaction...
- Role of Ca2+ signaling in the regulation of endothelial permeabilityChinnaswamy Tiruppathi
Department of Pharmacology M C868, College of Medicine, University of Illinois at Chicago, 835 S Wolcott Avenue, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Vascul Pharmacol 39:173-85. 2002..These results indicate that endothelial TRP channels such as TRPC1 and TRPC4 play an important role in signaling the increase in endothelial permeability...
- Placenta-derived chymotrypsin-like protease (CLP) disturbs endothelial junctional structure in preeclampsiaYang Gu
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center, Shreveport, Louisiana 71130, USA
Reprod Sci 16:479-88. 2009..Endothelial junction protein vascular endothelial cadherin expression and distribution were examined by fluorescent staining of endothelial cells with or without ..
- High-efficiency production of subculturable vascular endothelial cells from feeder-free human embryonic stem cells without cell-sorting techniqueMasako Nakahara
Department of Hematology, Research Institute, International Medical Center of Japan, Tokyo, Japan
Cloning Stem Cells 11:509-22. 2009....
- Radiation effects on the cytoskeleton of endothelial cells and endothelial monolayer permeabilityDorota Gabrys
Department of Radiation Oncology, Maria Skłodowska Curie Memorial Cancer Center and Institute of Oncology, Gliwice Branch, Gliwice, Poland
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 69:1553-62. 2007..To investigate the effects of radiation on the endothelial cytoskeleton and endothelial monolayer permeability and to evaluate associated signaling pathways, which could reveal potential mechanisms of known vascular effects of radiation...
- Platelet-activating factor increases VE-cadherin tyrosine phosphorylation in mouse endothelial cells and its association with the PtdIns3'-kinaseHélène Hudry-Clergeon
INSERM EMI 02 19, Laboratoire de Développement et Vieillissement de l Endothélium, Département Réponse Dynamique Cellulaire, Commissariat a l Energie Atomique, Grenoble Cedex 9, France
FASEB J 19:512-20. 2005..Physical association between PtdIns3'-kinase, serving as a docking protein, and VE-cadherin may thus provide an efficient mechanism for amplification and perpetuation of PAF-induced cellular activation...
- A peptide inhibitor of the urokinase/urokinase receptor system inhibits alteration of the blood-retinal barrier in diabetesDeepti Navaratna
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
FASEB J 22:3310-7. 2008..The ability of A6 to block retinal vascular permeability in diabetes suggests a potential therapeutic approach for the treatment of diabetic macular edema...
- Architecture of the VE-cadherin hexamerElizabeth A Hewat
Laboratoire de Microscopie Electronique Structurale, Institut de Biologie Structurale Jean Pierre Ebel, UMR 5075, CEA CNRS UJF, 41 rue Jules Horowitz, 38027 Grenoble Cedex 1, France
J Mol Biol 365:744-51. 2007..In the context of the cell-cell junction these cis-trimers close to the membrane, and trans-dimers from opposing membranes, would increase the avidity of the bond...
- An in vitro embryotoxicity assay based on the disturbance of the differentiation of murine embryonic stem cells into endothelial cells. II. Testing of compoundsMatthias Festag
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Birkendorfer Str 65, 88397 Biberach an der Riss, Germany
Toxicol In Vitro 21:1631-40. 2007....
- Inhibition of glioblastoma angiogenesis and invasion by combined treatments directed against vascular endothelial growth factor receptor-2, epidermal growth factor receptor, and vascular endothelial-cadherinKatrin Lamszus
Department of Neurosurgery, Institute for Anatomy II, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 11:4934-40. 2005..In addition, we analyzed whether blockade of vascular endothelial (VE)-cadherin as a different antiangiogenic target could also inhibit glioblastoma angiogenesis and growth...
- Serum erythropoietin and angiogenetic factors in human colorectal cancerA Chabowska
Department of Medical, Medical University of Bialystok, Poland
Prague Med Rep 108:348-57. 2007..Therefore we aimed at measurement and comparison of serum erythropoietin with VEGF, VE-cadherin levels, blood haemoglobin and hematocrit in colorectal cancer patients of different clinicopathological profiles...
- Structure of artificial and natural VE-cadherin-based adherens junctionsJean Christophe Taveau
CBMN UMR CNRS 5248 IECB, Universite Bordeaux 1, Avenue des Facultes, 33405 Talence, France
Biochem Soc Trans 36:189-93. 2008In vascular endothelium, adherens junctions between endothelial cells are composed of VE-cadherin (vascular endothelial cadherin), an adhesive receptor that is crucial for the proper assembly of vascular structures and the maintenance of ..
- Selective targeting of angiogenic tumor vasculature by vascular endothelial-cadherin antibody inhibits tumor growth without affecting vascular permeabilityFang Liao
ImClone Systems Incorporated, New York, NY 10014, USA
Cancer Res 62:2567-75. 2002..Our data also suggest that antibody E4G10 recognizes VE-cadherin epitopes that are only accessible on endothelial cells forming new adherens junctions, such as in angiogenic tumor vasculature...
- Integrins regulate VE-cadherin and catenins: dependence of this regulation on Src, but not on RasYingxiao Wang
Department of Bioengineering, The Whitaker Institute of Biomedical Engineering, University of California at San Diego, La Jolla, CA 92093, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:1774-9. 2006..The results indicate that integrin engagement disrupts VE-cadherin-containing adherens junctions via the activation of Src, but not Ras, possibly as a result of modulation of the actin network...
- Stable vascular connections and remodeling require full expression of VE-cadherin in zebrafish embryosMercedes Montero-Balaguer
FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, Milan, Italy
PLoS ONE 4:e5772. 2009..However, the mechanism of action of VE-cadherin is complex and, in the mouse embryo, it is difficult to define the specific steps of vascular development in which this protein is involved...
- Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus disrupts adherens junctions and increases endothelial permeability by inducing degradation of VE-cadherinLi Wu Qian
Tumor Virology Program, Greehey Children s Cancer Research Institute, The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
J Virol 82:11902-12. 2008..permeability was associated with the disruption of adherens junctions and the degradation of vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) protein...
- Adherens junctions in endothelial cells regulate vessel maintenance and angiogenesisMaria Grazia Lampugnani
IFOM, FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, Mario Negri Institute for Pharmacological Research, Milano, Italy
Thromb Res 120:S1-6. 2007....
- The role of adherens junctions and VE-cadherin in the control of vascular permeabilityElisabetta Dejana
FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, Via Adamello 16, 20139, Italy
J Cell Sci 121:2115-22. 2008..In endothelial cells, AJs are largely composed of vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin), an endothelium-specific member of the cadherin family of adhesion proteins that binds, ..
- Suppressing PTEN activity by tobacco smoke plus interleukin-1beta modulates dissociation of VE-cadherin/beta-catenin complexes in endotheliumSilvia S Barbieri
Department of Pharmacological Sciences, University of Milan, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 28:732-8. 2008....
- Distribution of adherens junction mediated by VE-cadherin complex in rat spleen sinus endothelial cellsKiyoko Uehara
Department of Cell Biology, Fukuoka University School of Medicine, Jonan ku, Fukuoka, 814 0180, Japan
Cell Tissue Res 323:417-24. 2006..These data suggest that adherens junctions, whose formation appears to be mediated by VE-cadherin-catenin complexes, probably regulate the passage of blood cells through the spleen...
- Andes virus disrupts the endothelial cell barrier by induction of vascular endothelial growth factor and downregulation of VE-cadherinPunya Shrivastava-Ranjan
Special Pathogens Branch, G 14, Division of Viral and Rickettsial Diseases, National Center for Infectious Diseases, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 1600 Clifton Rd, Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
J Virol 84:11227-34. 2010..These data implicate virus induction of VEGF and reduction in VE-cadherin in the endothelial cell permeability seen in HPS and suggest potential immunotherapeutic targets for the treatment of the disease...
- Diesel exhaust particle exposure causes redistribution of endothelial tube VE-cadherinMing Wei Chao
Pharmacology and Toxicology, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Toxicology 279:73-84. 2011....
- Putative intermediate precursor between hematogenic endothelial cells and blood cells in the developing embryoStuart T Fraser
Department of Molecular Genetics, Faculty of Medicine and Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, Shogoin Kawaharacho 53, Sakyo ku, Japan
Dev Growth Differ 45:63-75. 2003..Collectively, these results introduce a novel VE-cadherin+ population within the developing embryo, which may represent an intermediate cell type in the transition of hemogenic endothelial cells into blood...
- Neutrophils induce sequential focal changes in endothelial adherens junction components: role of elastaseCarmen V Ionescu
Vascular Biology Inflammation Program, Lawson Health Research Institute, London, ON, Canada
Microcirculation 10:205-20. 2003..e., through endothelial cell-cell junctions. Herein, we assessed whether the adherens junctions (AJs) are disrupted during PMN transendothelial cell migration...
- Molecular organization of tight and adherens junctions in the human placental vascular treeL Leach
School of Biomedical Sciences, Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, University of Nottingham, UK
Placenta 21:547-57. 2000..b>Vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) clusters were co-localized with beta-catenin, an important signal transduction ligand, ..
- The control of endothelial cell functions by adherens junctionsMaria Grazia Lampugnani
IFOM, FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, Milan, Italy
Novartis Found Symp 283:4-13; discussion 13-7, 238-41. 2007....
- Determination of microvessel density by quantitative real-time PCR in esophageal cancer: correlation with histologic methods, angiogenic growth factor expression, and lymph node metastasisSonja Loges
Department of Internal Medicine II, University Hospital Hamburg Eppendorf, Hamburg, Germany
Clin Cancer Res 13:76-80. 2007..We compared MVD determination by immunohistology and quantitative real-time PCR and correlated the results with clinical variables...
- Confocal immunolocalization of VE-cadherin- and CXC chemokine-expressing endothelial cells in periapical granulomasO Takeichi
Department of Endodontics, Nihon University School of Dentistry, Chiyoda ku, Tokyo, Japan
Int Endod J 41:401-7. 2008..To determine whether endothelial cells (ECs) in periapical granulomas can express vascular endothelial (VE)-cadherin, CXCL8 and CXCL10 by examining with two-colour confocal laser scanning microscope...
- Vascular endothelial-cadherin stabilizes at cell-cell junctions by anchoring to circumferential actin bundles through alpha- and beta-catenins in cyclic AMP-Epac-Rap1 signal-activated endothelial cellsKazuomi Noda
Department of Structural Analysis, National Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, Suita, Osaka 565 8565, Japan
Mol Biol Cell 21:584-96. 2010....
- Rapid endothelial turnover in atherosclerosis-prone areas coincides with stem cell repair in apolipoprotein E-deficient miceGeorgios Foteinos
Department of Cardiac and Vascular Sciences, St George s University of London, London, UK
Circulation 117:1856-63. 2008..In the present study, we investigated endothelial cell turnover and regeneration in apolipoprotein E (apoE)(-/-)/transgenic mice carrying LacZ genes driven by an endothelial TIE2 promoter...
- Pulmonary angiogenesis in a rat model of hepatopulmonary syndromeJunlan Zhang
Department of Internal Medicine and Liver Center, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, Alabama, USA
Gastroenterology 136:1070-80. 2009..Pentoxifylline (PTX) directly decreases lung endothelial Akt and eNOS activation, blocks intravascular monocyte accumulation, and improves experimental HPS; we evaluated whether pulmonary angiogenesis develops in this model...
- VE-cadherin is not required for the formation of nascent blood vessels but acts to prevent their disassemblyChristopher V Crosby
Cardiovascular Developmental Biology Center, Department of Cell Biology, Medical University of South Carolina, 173 Ashley Ave, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Blood 105:2771-6. 2005....
- Expression of alpha4-integrin defines the earliest precursor of hematopoietic cell lineage diverged from endothelial cellsM Ogawa
Department of Molecular Genetics, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
Blood 93:1168-77. 1999..5 day postcoitum mouse embryos. Our results suggest that the expression of alpha4-integrin is a marker of the earliest precursor of hematopoietic cell lineage that was diverged from endothelial progenitors...
- Proteolytic degradation of VE-cadherin alters the blood-retinal barrier in diabetesDeepti Navaratna
Department of Cell Biology and Physiology, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, Albuquerque, New Mexico 87131, USA
Diabetes 56:2380-7. 2007....
- Progenitor analysis of primitive erythropoiesis generated from in vitro culture of embryonic stem cellsTakeshi Otani
Fujisaki Cell Center, Hayashibara Biochemical Laboratories, Inc, Fujisaki, Okayama, Japan
Exp Hematol 33:632-40. 2005..In this study, we utilized our coculture system, in which ES-derived Flk-1+ cells differentiated into TER-119+ primitive erythroid (EryP) cells on OP9 cells, and looked for progenitors in primitive erythropoiesis...
- Vascular endothelial-cadherin regulates cytoskeletal tension, cell spreading, and focal adhesions by stimulating RhoACeleste M Nelson
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Mol Biol Cell 15:2943-53. 2004....
- Preclinical development of tissue-engineered vein valves and venous substitutes using re-endothelialised human vein matrixO E Teebken
Department of Cardiac, Thoracic, Transplantation and Vascular Surgery, Hannover Medical School, Hannover, Germany
Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg 37:92-102. 2009..This technique may enable causal treatment of venous reflux and obstructions...
- The role of VE-cadherin in vascular morphogenesis and permeability controlElisabetta Dejana
IFOM, FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci 116:119-44. 2013..In addition, the current knowledge about how VE-cadhern participates in the regulation of the endothelial barrier in the adult organism is discussed...
- Fluid Shear Stress on Endothelial Cells Modulates Mechanical Tension across VE-Cadherin and PECAM-1Daniel E Conway
Robert M Berne Cardiovascular Research Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville VA, 22908, USA
Curr Biol 23:1024-30. 2013....
- m-Calpain induction in vascular endothelial cells on human and mouse atheromas and its roles in VE-cadherin disorganization and atherosclerosisTakuro Miyazaki
Department of Biochemistry, Showa University School of Medicine, 1 5 8 Hatanodai, Shinagawa ku, Tokyo, Japan
Circulation 124:2522-32. 2011..This study focused on the role of calpain, an intracellular cysteine protease, in the proteolytic disorganization of VE-cadherin and subsequent progression of atherosclerosis...
- Functional roles for PECAM-1 (CD31) and VE-cadherin (CD144) in tube assembly and lumen formation in three-dimensional collagen gelsS Yang
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Genentech Inc, South San Francisco, California, USA
Am J Pathol 155:887-95. 1999..Monoclonal antibodies directed against CD31 or vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) inhibited the formation of endothelial tubes...
- Vinculin associates with endothelial VE-cadherin junctions to control force-dependent remodelingStephan Huveneers
Hubrecht Institute for Developmental Biology and Stem Cell Research, University Medical Centre Utrecht, 3584 CT, Utrecht, Netherlands
J Cell Biol 196:641-52. 2012..cell-cell adhesion, inflammatory cytokine- and angiogenic growth factor-induced signals impinge on the vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) complex, the central component of endothelial adherens junctions...
- Hypoxia-induced vasculogenic mimicry formation via VE-cadherin regulation by Bcl-2Nan Zhao
Department of Pathology, Tianjin Medical University, Heping District Qixiangtai Road No 22, Tianjin, 300070, People s Republic of China
Med Oncol 29:3599-607. 2012..Therefore, Bcl-2-dependent VE-cadherin overexpression may be an important mechanism by which hypoxia induces VM...
- PKCα activation of p120-catenin serine 879 phospho-switch disassembles VE-cadherin junctions and disrupts vascular integrityEmily Vandenbroucke St Amant
Department of Pharmacology, Center for Lung and Vascular Biology, University of Illinois College of Medicine, 835 S Wolcott Ave, M C 86, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Circ Res 111:739-49. 2012..p120 dissociation from VE-cadherin results in loss of VE-cadherin homotypic interaction and AJ disassembly; however, the signaling mechanisms regulating p120 dissociation from VE-cadherin are not understood...
- Intermedin: a novel regulator for vascular remodeling and tumor vessel normalization by regulating vascular endothelial-cadherin and extracellular signal-regulated kinaseWei Zhang
Institute of Translational Medicine, Nanchang University, People s Republic of China, 999 Xuefu Rd, Honggu District, Nanchang, China
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 32:2721-32. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate the role of IMD in the angiogenic process and the underlying mechanism, and the possibility for it to be used as a target for angiogenesis-based anticancer therapies...
- Vascular remodeling alters adhesion protein and cytoskeleton reactions to inflammatory stimuli resulting in enhanced permeability increases in rat venulesDong Yuan
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Medicine, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
J Appl Physiol 113:1110-20. 2012..The perivascular cells play important roles in stabilizing the microvessel wall, while lessening an otherwise much greater magnitude of leakage during cytoskeletal contraction...
- Modulation of chemotactic and pro-inflammatory activities of endothelial progenitor cells by hepatocellular carcinomaYu Tsung Shih
Institute of Life Sciences, National Defense Medical Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Cell Signal 24:779-93. 2012..Tumors may provide a humoral microenvironment to attenuate the pro-inflammatory activity of EPCs, which might be associated with the tumor escape mechanism...
- Expression of endothelial cell-specific adhesion molecules in lungs after cardiac arrestFengshi Chen
Department of Organ Preservation Technology, Graduate School of Medicine, Kyoto University, 54 Shogoin Kawahara cho, Kyoto 606 8507, Japan
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 7:437-40. 2008..We investigated how the expression of these molecules could change after cardiac arrest in a mouse lung, comparing other molecules presumably relating with ischemia...
- Glucocorticoids increase VE-cadherin expression and cause cytoskeletal rearrangements in murine brain endothelial cEND cellsKinga G Blecharz
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Wurzburg, Wurzburg, Germany
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 28:1139-49. 2008....
- [Construction of lentiviral vector carrying human VE-cadherin gene and expression of VE-cadherin in leukemic cell line Sup-B15]Huan Xin Zhang
Laboratory of Transplantation Immunology, Xuzhou Medical College, Xuzhou 221002, Jiangsu Province, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 19:574-7. 2011....
- VE-cadherin is a critical endothelial regulator of TGF-beta signallingNoemi Rudini
Vascular Biology Unit, FIRC Institute of Molecular Oncology, Milan, Italy
EMBO J 27:993-1004. 2008..This suggests that reduction or inactivation of VE-cadherin may contribute to progression of diseases where TGF-beta signalling is impaired...
- An in vitro embryotoxicity assay based on the disturbance of the differentiation of murine embryonic stem cells into endothelial cells. I: Establishment of the differentiation protocolMatthias Festag
Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH and Co KG, Birkendorfer Str 65, 88397 Biberach an der Riss, Germany
Toxicol In Vitro 21:1619-30. 2007..the expression of platelet-endothelial cell adhesion molecule (PECAM-1), the endothelial-specific vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-Cadherin), the angiopoietin receptor Tie-2, VEGF receptors 1 and 2 (Flt-1 and Flk-1, respectively) ..
- Expression of VE-Cadherin in Peritubular Endothelial Cells during Acute Rejection after Human Renal TransplantationAna Roussoulières
INSERM U331 EA 3740, Faculté de médecine RTH Laennec, 8 rue Guillaume Paradin, 69003 Lyon, France
J Biomed Biotechnol 2007:41705. 2007..01) and to AR grade IA (P = .02). This study demonstrates a reduced VE-Cadherin expression by EC in AR after renal transplantation. The down-regulation of VE-Cadherin may strongly participate in human AR...
- Antepartum and postpartum maternal plasma levels of E-selectin and VE-cadherin in preeclampsia, gestational proteinuria and gestational hypertensionKaterina Papakonstantinou
2nd Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, School of Medicine, University of Athens, Aretaieion Hospital, Athens, Greece
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 24:1027-32. 2011..To investigate the alterations of maternal antepartum and postpartum plasma levels of sE-selectin and VE-cadherin in normotensive pregnant women, women with preeclampsia (PE), gestational hypertension (GH), and gestational proteinuria (GP)...
- Peptide Bbeta(15-42) preserves endothelial barrier function in shockMarion Groger
Department of Dermatology, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria
PLoS ONE 4:e5391. 2009..It stabilizes endothelial barriers and thus could be an attractive adjuvant in the treatment of shock...
- The regulation of vascular endothelial growth factor-induced microvascular permeability requires Rac and reactive oxygen speciesElizabeth Monaghan-Benson
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology and Lineberger Cancer Center, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7295, USA
J Biol Chem 284:25602-11. 2009..Collectively, these data suggest that VEGF leads to a Rac-mediated generation of ROS, which, in turn, elevates the tyrosine phosphorylation of VE-cadherin and beta-catenin, ultimately regulating adherens junction integrity...
- [Effects of tongxinluo on mini-swine vascular endothelial integrity and myocardial no-reflow in early reperfusion of acute myocardial infarction]Hai tao Zhang
Department of Cardiology, Fuwai Hospital, Peking Union Medical College Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences, Beijing 100037, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:1421-5. 2009..To assess the effects of tongxinluo on vascular endothelial integrity and myocardial no-reflow in early reperfusion of acute myocardial infarction...
- Effect of Genistein on vasculogenic mimicry formation by human uveal melanoma cellsRihong Cong
Department of Pharmacology, Nanjing Medical University, Nanjing, PR China
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 28:124. 2009..Genistein had attracted much attention as a potential anticancer agent. Therefore, we examined the effect of Genistein on VM in human uveal melanoma cells...
- The presence of alpha-catenin in the VE-cadherin complex is required for efficient transendothelial migration of leukocytesJaap D van Buul
Dept Molecular Cell Biology, Sanquin Research, and Landsteiner Laboratory, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Int J Biol Sci 5:695-705. 2009..In conclusion, our results show for the first time that the association of alpha-catenin with the cadherin-catenin complex is required for efficient leukocyte TEM...
- Lentiviral tracking of vascular differentiation in bone marrow progenitor cellsJeffrey Schmeckpeper
Centre for Research in Vascular Biology CRVB, Biosciences Institute, University College Cork National University of Ireland, Western Road, Cork, Ireland
Differentiation 78:169-76. 2009..In contrast, within Matrigel plugs containing HR-SMTHB transduced cells, eGFP(+) cells constituted 0.2+/-0.1% of total cells. These data demonstrate the feasibility of selectively marking BMC populations for cell fate determination...
- ADAM10 regulates endothelial permeability and T-Cell transmigration by proteolysis of vascular endothelial cadherinBeate Schulz
Biochemical Institute, Christian Albrecht University Kiel, Olshausenstr 40, D 24098 Kiel, Germany
Circ Res 102:1192-201. 2008....
- Endothelial cells from cord blood CD133+CD34+ progenitors share phenotypic, functional and gene expression profile similarities with lymphaticsVan Anh Nguyen
Department of Dermatology, Innsbruck Medical University, Innsbruck, Austria
J Cell Mol Med 13:522-34. 2009..and macrovascular EC, including CD31, CD36, von Willebrand factor FVIII, CD54 (ICAM-1), CD105 (endoglin), CD144 (VE-cadherin), Tie-1, Tie-2, VEGFR-1/Flt-1 and VEGFR-2/Flk-1...
- Study of uptake of cell penetrating peptides and their cargoes in permeabilized wheat immature embryosArchana Chugh
Lethbridge Research Centre, Agriculture and Agri Food Canada, Alberta, Canada
FEBS J 275:2403-14. 2008..This is the first report demonstrating translocation of various cell-penetrating peptides and their potential to deliver macromolecules in wheat immature embryos in the presence of a cell membrane permeabilizing agent...
- Definitive human and mouse hematopoiesis originates from the embryonic endothelium: a new class of HSCs based on VE-cadherin expressionEstelle Oberlin
INSERM, U602, Villejuif, France
Int J Dev Biol 54:1165-73. 2010..Altogether our studies strongly suggest that at least a part of both the human and the murine hematopoietic systems arise from an endothelium-like ancestor...
- [Signaling mechanism involved in regulation of endothelial cell-cell junctions]Shigetomo Fukuhara
Department of Cell Biology, National Cerebral and Cardiovascular Center Research Institute, Osaka, Japan
Yakugaku Zasshi 130:1413-20. 2010..Thus Rap1 potentiates endothelial cell-cell junctions through the mechanism based on the static model...
- Derangements in endothelial cell-to-cell junctions involved in the pathogenesis of hypercholesterolemia-induced erectile dysfunctionJi Kan Ryu
Department of Urology and National Research Laboratory of Regenerative Sexual Medicine, Inha University School of Medicine, 7 206 3rd Street, Shinheung Dong, Jung Gu, Incheon, Korea
J Sex Med 6:1893-907. 2009..Endothelial cell-to-cell junctions are crucial for vascular formation, networking, and remodeling of blood vessels as well as for inducing and integrating intracellular signals...
- Changes in expression of VE-cadherin and MMPs in endothelial cells: Implications for angiogenesisManikantan S Kiran
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695581, India
Vasc Cell 3:6. 2011....
- TLR4 signaling is coupled to SRC family kinase activation, tyrosine phosphorylation of zonula adherens proteins, and opening of the paracellular pathway in human lung microvascular endotheliaPing Gong
Department of Pathology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
J Biol Chem 283:13437-49. 2008..These data indicate that LPS recognition by TLR4 activates the SFKs, c-SRC, FYN, and YES, which, in turn, contribute to tyrosine phosphorylation of zonula adherens proteins to open the endothelial paracellular pathway...
- Blockade of phosphodiesterase-III protects against oxygen-glucose deprivation in endothelial cells by upregulation of VE-cadherinMitsunori Ishiguro
Molecular Pharmacology, Department of Biofunctional Evaluation, Gifu Pharmaceutical University, Gifu, Japan
Curr Neurovasc Res 8:86-94. 2011..Cilostazol promotes VE-cadherin expression through cAMP/PKA-dependent pathways in brain endothelial cells; thus, cilostazol effects on adhesion molecule signaling may provide protection against OGD stress in endothelial cells...
- Placenta growth factor-1 exerts time-dependent stabilization of adherens junctions following VEGF-induced vascular permeabilityJun Cai
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e18076. 2011..Clinical approaches that would pattern nature's approach would thus limit treatments to precise intervals following injury and bring attention to use of agents only during therapeutic windows...
- p120-catenin inhibits VE-cadherin internalization through a Rho-independent mechanismChristine M Chiasson
Graduate Program in Biochemistry, Cell, and Developmental Biology, and Department of Cell Biology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Mol Biol Cell 20:1970-80. 2009....
- Hemogenic endothelial progenitor cells isolated from human umbilical cord bloodXiao Wu
Vascular Biology Program and Department of Surgery, Children s Hospital Boston, 300 Longwood Avenue, Boston, Massachusetts 02115, USA
Stem Cells 25:2770-6. 2007..Three of 17 clonal cell populations gave rise to early CFU-GEMM hematopoietic progenitors and burst-forming unit-erythroid progenitors. These results provide evidence for hemogenic endothelial cells in human umbilical cord blood...
- Control of endothelial barrier function by regulating vascular endothelial-cadherinDietmar Vestweber
Max Planck Institute of Molecular Biomedicine, Munster, Germany
Curr Opin Hematol 17:230-6. 2010..The endothelial barrier also controls the entry of leukocytes into tissue and it is believed that leukocytes target endothelial cell contacts to reach sites of inflammation...
- MECHANISMS OF CADMIUM TOXICITY IN EPITHELIAL CELLSWALTER PROZIALECK; Fiscal Year: 2007..Furthermore, the results of these studies could have more general implications regarding the mechanisms by which toxic substances affect living organisms. ..
- CRIM1-b-Catenin-Cadherin Interactions in Eye Development and DiseaseRICHARD A contact LANG; Fiscal Year: 2010..The down-regulation of cadherin expression and activity is also know to be a critical step in epithelial tumor progression as it allows tumor cells to leave the epithelium, become invasive and ultimately form metastases. ..
- Cadherins, integrins, and mechanochemical signalingChristopher Chen; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- The Roles of Endothelial PECAM and the LBRC in Leukocyte TransmigrationWilliam A Muller; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will investigate how this compartment functions so that we can design better anti-inflammatory therapies. ..
- FAK in E.coli PathogenesisLewis Romer; Fiscal Year: 2006..coli K1 disease in the brain microvasculature. Insights into mechanisms of E .coli invasion that are gained here may provide useful paradigms for approaching E. coli disease in other organ systems. ..
- Role of CD166/ALCAM in Lung Endothelial Barrier FunctionSolomon Ofori Acquah; Fiscal Year: 2007..Blocking vascular endothelial cadherin function causes interstitial pulmonary edema, however normal endothelial cell junctions are formed in ..
- Role of CD166/ALCAM in Lung Endothelial Barrier FunctionSolomon Ofori Acquah; Fiscal Year: 2006..Blocking vascular endothelial cadherin function causes interstitial pulmonary edema, however normal endothelial cell junctions are formed in ..
- Reactive Oxygen Species and Endothelial MigrationMasuko Ushio Fukai; Fiscal Year: 2006..The long-term goal is to understand the molecular mechanisms by which ROS regulate EC migration in the context of angiogenesis and endothelial wound repair, which should facilitate the development of new therapeutic strategies. ..
- Reactive Oxygen Species and Endothelial MigrationMasuko Ushio Fukai; Fiscal Year: 2010..abstract_text> ..
- Reactive Oxygen Species and Endothelial MigrationMasuko Ushio Fukai; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- THROMBIN-INDUCED PULMONARY VASCULAR PERMEABILITYASRAR MALIK; Fiscal Year: 2009..By more fully understanding the signaling mechanisms of reversal of increased vascular permeability, we will be better able to develop novel strategies to prevent vascular leakiness and formation of pulmonary edema. ..
- THROMBIN-INDUCED PULMONARY VASCULAR PERMEABILITYAsrar B Malik; Fiscal Year: 2010..By more fully understanding the signaling mechanisms of reversal of increased vascular permeability, we will be better able to develop novel strategies to prevent vascular leakiness and formation of pulmonary edema. ..
- VEGF Regulation of Microvascular PermeabilityMack Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- MODULATION OF THE ENDOTHELIUM BY THROMBIN AND SHEARMarilyn Woolkalis; Fiscal Year: 2004..The proposed research will provide foundation for examining problems of chronic vascular disease where the dysfunctional endothelium no longer appropriately regulates vascular permeability and vessel repair. ..
- THROMBIN INDUCED PULMONARY VASCULAR PERMEABILITYASRAR MALIK; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- ENDOTHELIAL CELL DYSFUNCTION IN CHRONIC IMMUNE DISEASESFRANCIS LUSCINSKAS; Fiscal Year: 2003..Specific Aim 3 will utilize in vivo models of chronic inflammation or immune reactions to test the potential role of human JAM in leukocyte recruitment. ..
- Mechanochemical regulation of endothelial permeabilityKonstantin Birukov; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Hemodynamic Adaptation of Intercellular Junctions in Human EndotheliumBrett R Blackman; Fiscal Year: 2010..Once accomplished, these specific aims will improve understanding of the hemodynamic environment specifically as it relates to heart disease and stroke and lead to new therapeutic targets for this disease. ..
- Reactive Oxygen Species in Coronary Collateral GrowthWilliam M Chilian; Fiscal Year: 2010..The ultimate goal of this project is to provide the foundation for more directed therapies to stimulate the growth of coronary collaterals in patients with IHD. ..
- Reactive Oxygen Species in Coronary Collateral GrowthWILLIAM CHILIAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..The ultimate goal of this project is to provide the foundation for more directed therapies to stimulate the growth of coronary collaterals in patients with IHD. ..
- SHEAR STRESS MODULATION OF ENDOTHELIAL WOUND HEALINGMARIA LUIZA ALBUQUERQUE; Fiscal Year: 2003..Investigation of the mechanisms underlying endothelial repair during shear stress may lead to better strategies for the management of patients suffering from a variety of cardiovascular disorders. ..
- Closure of the Primate Ductus ArteriosusRonald Clyman; Fiscal Year: 2006..the role of Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor (VEGF) on the inflammatory changes and the reorganization of VE cadherin that occur during ductus remodeling...
- Mechansim of tea catechin's inhibition of angiogenesisMohsen Meydani; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- Microvascular Barrier Dysfunction in Thermal InjurySarah Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2009..Information gleaned from this research will significantly advance our understanding of microvascular pathobiology in disease and injury, with the potential to be translated to clinical practice for improved patient care. ..
- Microvascular Barrier Dysfunction in Thermal InjurySarah Y Yuan; Fiscal Year: 2010..Information gleaned from this research will significantly advance our understanding of microvascular pathobiology in disease and injury, with the potential to be translated to clinical practice for improved patient care. ..
- Hemodynamic Adaptation of Intercelluar Junctions in Human EndotheliumBRETT BLACKMAN; Fiscal Year: 2009..Once accomplished, these specific aims will improve understanding of the hemodynamic environment specifically as it relates to heart disease and stroke and lead to new therapeutic targets for this disease. ..
- Endothelial cell junctions in mechanotransductionEleni Tzima; Fiscal Year: 2009..Project Description Page 6 ..
- MECHANISMS OF INFLAMMATORY EDEMADOUGLAS SHASBY; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will use this model to determine if histamine alters cadherin-based adhesion due to effects within the cadherin-catenin complex. ..