Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VE cadherin
Description: cadherin 5
Alias: 7B4, CD144, cadherin-5, 7B4 antigen, VE-cadherin, cadherin 5, type 2 (vascular endothelium), cadherin 5, type 2, VE-cadherin (vascular epithelium), cd144 antigen, endothelial-specific cadherin, vascular endothelial cadherin
Products: VE cadherin
- Hermant B, Bibert S, Concord E, Dublet B, Weidenhaupt M, Vernet T, et al. Identification of proteases involved in the proteolysis of vascular endothelium cadherin during neutrophil transmigration. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:14002-12 pubmed..neutrophils across the endothelium occurs at the cell-cell junctions where the vascular endothelium cadherin (VE cadherin) is expressed...
- Labelle M, Schnittler H, Aust D, Friedrich K, Baretton G, Vestweber D, et al. Vascular endothelial cadherin promotes breast cancer progression via transforming growth factor beta signaling. Cancer Res. 2008;68:1388-97 pubmed publisher..Our findings may have important implications for the clinical application of anti-VE-cadherin strategies. ..
- Iden S, Rehder D, August B, Suzuki A, Wolburg Buchholz K, Wolburg H, et al. A distinct PAR complex associates physically with VE-cadherin in vertebrate endothelial cells. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:1239-46 pubmed..Both PAR-3 and PAR-6 associate directly with the adherens junction protein vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin). This association is direct and mediated through non-overlapping domains in VE-cadherin...
- Potter M, Barbero S, Cheresh D. Tyrosine phosphorylation of VE-cadherin prevents binding of p120- and beta-catenin and maintains the cellular mesenchymal state. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:31906-12 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that a single phosphorylation event within the VE-cadherin cytoplasmic tail is sufficient to maintain cells in a mesenchymal state. ..
- Baumeister U, Funke R, Ebnet K, Vorschmitt H, Koch S, Vestweber D. Association of Csk to VE-cadherin and inhibition of cell proliferation. EMBO J. 2005;24:1686-95 pubmedb>Vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) mediates contact inhibition of cell growth in quiescent endothelial cell layers...
- Prandini M, Dreher I, Bouillot S, Benkerri S, Moll T, Huber P. The human VE-cadherin promoter is subjected to organ-specific regulation and is activated in tumour angiogenesis. Oncogene. 2005;24:2992-3001 pubmed..These results are a first step towards addressing the organ- and tumour-specific regulation of the VE-cadherin gene. ..
- Soeki T, Tamura Y, Shinohara H, Sakabe K, Onose Y, Fukuda N. Elevated concentration of soluble vascular endothelial cadherin is associated with coronary atherosclerosis. Circ J. 2004;68:1-5 pubmed..Increased secretion of VE-cadherin from the epicardial arteries is associated with the degree of coronary atherosclerosis, indicating the presence of atherosclerosis rather than disease activity. ..
- Lampugnani M, Resnati M, Raiteri M, Pigott R, Pisacane A, Houen G, et al. A novel endothelial-specific membrane protein is a marker of cell-cell contacts. J Cell Biol. 1992;118:1511-22 pubmed..On the basis of its distribution in cultured cells and in tissues in situ, 7B4 antigen is distinct from other described EC proteins enriched at intercellular contacts...
- Corada M, Zanetta L, Orsenigo F, Breviario F, Lampugnani M, Bernasconi S, et al. A monoclonal antibody to vascular endothelial-cadherin inhibits tumor angiogenesis without side effects on endothelial permeability. Blood. 2002;100:905-11 pubmedb>Vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) is an endothelial-specific, trans-membrane protein that promotes homophilic cell adhesion...
- Lampugnani M, Zanetti A, Breviario F, Balconi G, Orsenigo F, Corada M, et al. VE-cadherin regulates endothelial actin activating Rac and increasing membrane association of Tiam. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:1175-89 pubmed..Through this mechanism VEC may influence the constitutive organization of the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Shaw S, Bamba P, Perkins B, Luscinskas F. Real-time imaging of vascular endothelial-cadherin during leukocyte transmigration across endothelium. J Immunol. 2001;167:2323-30 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first example where molecular events at the lateral junction have been tracked in real time during transmigration. ..
- Ukropec J, Hollinger M, Salva S, Woolkalis M. SHP2 association with VE-cadherin complexes in human endothelial cells is regulated by thrombin. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:5983-6 pubmed..Such changes in adherens junction complex composition likely underlie thrombin-elicited alterations in endothelial monolayer permeability. ..
- Breviario F, Caveda L, Corada M, Martin Padura I, Navarro P, Golay J, et al. Functional properties of human vascular endothelial cadherin (7B4/cadherin-5), an endothelium-specific cadherin. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1995;15:1229-39 pubmedHuman vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin, 7B4/cadherin-5) is an endothelial-specific cadherin localized at the intercellular junctions...
- Suzuki S, Sano K, Tanihara H. Diversity of the cadherin family: evidence for eight new cadherins in nervous tissue. Cell Regul. 1991;2:261-70 pubmed..These findings show that the cadherin family of adhesion molecules is much larger than previously thought, and suggest that the new cadherins may play an important role in cell-cell interactions within the central nervous system. ..
- Abraham S, Yeo M, Montero Balaguer M, Paterson H, Dejana E, Marshall C, et al. VE-Cadherin-mediated cell-cell interaction suppresses sprouting via signaling to MLC2 phosphorylation. Curr Biol. 2009;19:668-74 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a novel mechanism by which cell-cell adhesion suppresses Rac1-dependent migration and sprouting by increasing actomyosin contractility at cell junctions...
- Herwig M, Tsokos M, Hermanns M, Kirkpatrick C, Müller A. Vascular endothelial cadherin expression in lung specimens of patients with sepsis-induced acute respiratory distress syndrome and endothelial cell cultures. Pathobiology. 2013;80:245-51 pubmed publisher..The previously described vessel-type-specific expression pattern of VE-cadherin in the human lung is not influenced by ARDS. ..
- Noda K, Zhang J, Fukuhara S, Kunimoto S, Yoshimura M, Mochizuki N. Vascular endothelial-cadherin stabilizes at cell-cell junctions by anchoring to circumferential actin bundles through alpha- and beta-catenins in cyclic AMP-Epac-Rap1 signal-activated endothelial cells. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:584-96 pubmed publisher
- Fardini Y, Wang X, Temoin S, Nithianantham S, Lee D, Shoham M, et al. Fusobacterium nucleatum adhesin FadA binds vascular endothelial cadherin and alters endothelial integrity. Mol Microbiol. 2011;82:1468-80 pubmed publisher..This may explain why F. nucleatum is often found in mixed infections. This study reveals a possible novel dissemination mechanism utilized by pathogens. ..
- Mishra R, Singh S. HIV-1 Tat C modulates expression of miRNA-101 to suppress VE-cadherin in human brain microvascular endothelial cells. J Neurosci. 2013;33:5992-6000 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate a novel mechanism for the regulation of barrier permeability by miR-101 via posttranscriptional regulation of VE-cadherin in human BMVECs exposed to the HIV-1 Tat C protein. ..
- Giannotta M, Trani M, Dejana E. VE-cadherin and endothelial adherens junctions: active guardians of vascular integrity. Dev Cell. 2013;26:441-54 pubmed publisher..Here we review some of the most important pathways through which VE-cadherin modulates vascular homeostasis and discuss the emerging concepts in the overall biological role of this protein. ..
- Carmeliet P, Lampugnani M, Moons L, Breviario F, Compernolle V, Bono F, et al. Targeted deficiency or cytosolic truncation of the VE-cadherin gene in mice impairs VEGF-mediated endothelial survival and angiogenesis. Cell. 1999;98:147-57 pubmedb>Vascular endothelial cadherin, VE-cadherin, mediates adhesion between endothelial cells and may affect vascular morphogenesis via intracellular signaling, but the nature of these signals remains unknown...
- Fukuhara S, Sakurai A, Sano H, Yamagishi A, Somekawa S, Takakura N, et al. Cyclic AMP potentiates vascular endothelial cadherin-mediated cell-cell contact to enhance endothelial barrier function through an Epac-Rap1 signaling pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:136-46 pubmed..In conclusion, cAMP-Epac-Rap1 signaling promotes decreased cell permeability by enhancing VE-cadherin-mediated adhesion lined by the rearranged cortical actin. ..
- Wallez Y, Cand F, Cruzalegui F, Wernstedt C, Souchelnytskyi S, Vilgrain I, et al. Src kinase phosphorylates vascular endothelial-cadherin in response to vascular endothelial growth factor: identification of tyrosine 685 as the unique target site. Oncogene. 2007;26:1067-77 pubmed..These data identify that VEGF-induced-VE-cadherin tyrosine phosphorylation is mediated by Src on Y685, a process that appears to be critical for VEGF-induced endothelial cell migration. ..
- ..These findings provide evidence on how endothelial cell-cell junctions impact the vascular network, and change our perception about normal and aberrant angiogenesis...
- Kametani Y, Takeichi M. Basal-to-apical cadherin flow at cell junctions. Nat Cell Biol. 2007;9:92-8 pubmed..We propose that cadherin flow may provide a mechanism for facilitating the sliding of the two contacting cell membranes in morphogenetically active cell sheets. ..
- Wu Y, Hua C, Chen J, Chang Y, Tseng J. The role of endothelial microparticles in autoimmune disease patients with Raynaud's phenomenon. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2017;50:857-862 pubmed publisher..The plasma levels of MPs were measured by flow cytometry utilizing specific labels for endothelial MPs (CD105 and CD144) and annexin V staining for phosphatidylserine bearing-MPs (annexin V+MPs)...
- Singh K, Pal D, Sinha M, Ghatak S, Gnyawali S, Khanna S, et al. Epigenetic Modification of MicroRNA-200b Contributes to Diabetic Vasculopathy. Mol Ther. 2017;25:2689-2704 pubmed publisher..This work presents the first evidence of the miR-200b promoter methylation as a critical determinant of diabetic wound angiogenesis. ..
- Steinert A, Kunz M, Prager P, GÃ¶bel S, Klein Hitpass L, Ebert R, et al. Characterization of bursa subacromialis-derived mesenchymal stem cells. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2015;6:114 pubmed publisher..profiles, which was CD44(+), CD73(+), CD90(+), CD105(+), CD106(+), STRO-1(+), CD14(-), CD31(-), CD34(-), CD45(-), CD144(-). Array analyses revealed 1969 genes upregulated and 1184 genes downregulated in BS cells vs...
- Woo M, Patterson E, Clarson C, Cepinskas G, Bani Yaghoub M, Stanimirovic D, et al. Elevated Leukocyte Azurophilic Enzymes in Human Diabetic Ketoacidosis Plasma Degrade Cerebrovascular Endothelial Junctional Proteins. Crit Care Med. 2016;44:e846-53 pubmed publisher..Proteinase-3 might mediate vasogenic edema during diabetic ketoacidosis, and selective proteinase-3 antagonists may offer future vascular- and neuroprotection. ..
- Han H, Du L, Cao Z, Zhang B, Zhou Q. Triptonide potently suppresses pancreatic cancer cell-mediated vasculogenic mimicry by inhibiting expression of VE-cadherin and chemokine ligand 2 genes. Eur J Pharmacol. 2018;818:593-603 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a novel and potent anti-tumor VM drug candidate for further development of effective anti-pancreatic cancer therapy. ..
- Tso C, Rye K, Barter P. Phenotypic and functional changes in blood monocytes following adherence to endothelium. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37091 pubmed publisher..acquired endothelial-like properties including the expression of endothelial nitric oxide synthase, CD105, CD144 and vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2...
- van Engeland N, Bertazzo S, Sarathchandra P, McCormack A, Bouten C, Yacoub M, et al. Aortic calcified particles modulate valvular endothelial and interstitial cells. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2017;28:36-45 pubmed publisher..Therapy tailored to reduce these calcified particles should be investigated. ..
- Mahamar A, Attaher O, Swihart B, Barry A, Diarra B, Kanoute M, et al. Host factors that modify Plasmodium falciparum adhesion to endothelial receptors. Sci Rep. 2017;7:13872 pubmed publisher..Severe malaria risk varies with age, but age significantly impacted the level of IE binding to only a few receptors: IE binding to JAM-B decreased with age, while binding to CD36 and integrin ?5?1 significantly increased with age. ..
- Orecchia P, Conte R, Balza E, Pietra G, Mingari M, Carnemolla B. Targeting Syndecan-1, a molecule implicated in the process of vasculogenic mimicry, enhances the therapeutic efficacy of the L19-IL2 immunocytokine in human melanoma xenografts. Oncotarget. 2015;6:37426-42 pubmed publisher..like phenotype and in melanoma tumors, the syndecan-1 co-expression with VM markers, such as CD144 and VEGFR-2...
- Ha C, Bennett A, Jin Z. A novel role of vascular endothelial cadherin in modulating c-Src activation and downstream signaling of vascular endothelial growth factor. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:7261-70 pubmed publisher..Here, we demonstrate that vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) plays a critical role in regulating c-Src activation in response to VEGF...
- Mikus M, Drobin K, Gry M, Bachmann J, Lindberg J, Yimer G, et al. Elevated levels of circulating CDH5 and FABP1 in association with human drug-induced liver injury. Liver Int. 2017;37:132-140 pubmed publisher..We observed elevated levels of cadherin 5, type 2 (CDH5) and fatty acid-binding protein 1 (FABP1) in DILI cases...
- Zhou J, Rogers J, Lee S, Sun D, Yao H, Mao J, et al. Oral Mucosa Harbors a High Frequency of Endothelial Cells: A Novel Postnatal Cell Source for Angiogenic Regeneration. Stem Cells Dev. 2017;26:91-101 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a putative EPC source that is easily accessible in the oral cavity, potentially from discarded tissue specimens, and yet with robust yield and potency for angiogenesis in tissue and organ regeneration. ..
- Pieterse E, Rother N, Garsen M, Hofstra J, Satchell S, Hoffmann M, et al. Neutrophil Extracellular Traps Drive Endothelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2017;37:1371-1379 pubmed publisher..Our data designate NET-associated elastase as a potential therapeutic target in the prevention of endothelial alterations in diseases characterized by aberrant NET release. ..
- Qi L, Song W, Liu Z, Zhao X, Cao W, Sun B. Wnt3a Promotes the Vasculogenic Mimicry Formation of Colon Cancer via Wnt/Î²-Catenin Signaling. Int J Mol Sci. 2015;16:18564-79 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results suggest that Wnt/Î²-catenin signaling is involved in VM formation in colon cancer and might contribute to the development of more accurate treatment modalities aimed at VM. ..
- Collet G, Szade K, Nowak W, Klimkiewicz K, El Hafny Rahbi B, Szczepanek K, et al. Endothelial precursor cell-based therapy to target the pathologic angiogenesis and compensate tumor hypoxia. Cancer Lett. 2016;370:345-57 pubmed publisher..We propose that such EPCs, able to target tumor angiogenesis, could act as therapeutic gene vehicles to inhibit tumor growth by vessel normalization resulting from tumor hypoxia alleviation. ..
- Wei F, Liu S, Luo L, Gu N, Zeng Y, Chen X, et al. Anti-inflammatory mechanism of ulinastatin: Inhibiting the hyperpermeability of vascular endothelial cells induced by TNF-? via the RhoA/ROCK signal pathway. Int Immunopharmacol. 2017;46:220-227 pubmed publisher..05). Ulinastatin inhibited the hyperpermeability of vascular endothelial cells induced by TNF-?. This inhibitory effect of ulinastatin may be related to the RhoA/ROCK signaling pathway. ..
- Liman T, Neeb L, Rosinski J, Reuter U, Endres M. Stromal Cell-Derived Factor-1 Alpha Is Decreased in Women With Migraine With Aura. Headache. 2016;56:1274-9 pubmed publisher..49, P?=?0.009), but not in women with MA (r?=?0.05, P?=?0.78). SDF-1? levels were negatively correlated with CD144-positive endothelial microparticles (EMP; r?=?-0.31, P?=?.02), and activated CD62E-positive EMP (r?=?-0.35, P?=?...
- Zhang S, Ma X, Guo J, Yao K, Wang C, Dong Z, et al. Bone marrow CD34+ cell subset under induction of moderate stiffness of extracellular matrix after myocardial infarction facilitated endothelial lineage commitment in vitro. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2017;8:280 pubmed publisher..Thus, the combination of a CD34+ subset with a "suitable" ECM stiffness might be an optimized strategy for cell-based cardiac repair. ..
- Giurdanella G, Lazzara F, Caporarello N, Lupo G, Anfuso C, Eandi C, et al. Sulodexide prevents activation of the PLA2/COX-2/VEGF inflammatory pathway in human retinal endothelial cells by blocking the effect of AGE/RAGE. Biochem Pharmacol. 2017;142:145-154 pubmed publisher..This mechanism, partially distinct from VEGF blockade, may contribute to the therapeutic effect of SDX. ..
- Xiao L, Kim D, Davis C, McCann J, Dunleavey J, Vanderlinden A, et al. Tumor Endothelial Cells with Distinct Patterns of TGFÎ²-Driven Endothelial-to-Mesenchymal Transition. Cancer Res. 2015;75:1244-54 pubmed publisher..Together, our results suggest that TGFÎ²-driven EndMT produces a spectrum of EC phenotypes with different functions that could underlie the plasticity and heterogeneity of the tumor vasculature. ..
- Du J, Yang Q, Luo L, Yang D. C1qr and C1qrl redundantly regulate angiogenesis in zebrafish through controlling endothelial Cdh5. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;483:482-487 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that c1qr and c1qrl redundantly regulate angiogenesis through controlling the expression of the endothelial junctional molecule Cdh5, thus playing an important role in angiogenesis. ..
- Skaria T, Bächli E, Schoedon G. Wnt5A/Ryk signaling critically affects barrier function in human vascular endothelial cells. Cell Adh Migr. 2017;11:24-38 pubmed publisher..Wnt5A/Ryk signaling might provide novel therapeutic strategies to prevent capillary leakage in systemic inflammation and septic shock. ..
- Horrillo A, Porras G, Ayuso M, González Manchón C. Loss of endothelial barrier integrity in mice with conditional ablation of podocalyxin (Podxl) in endothelial cells. Eur J Cell Biol. 2016;95:265-76 pubmed publisher..The results suggest that Podxl has an essential role in the regulation of endothelial permeability by influencing the mechanisms involved in the restoration of endothelial barrier integrity after injury. ..
- Wessel F, Winderlich M, Holm M, Frye M, Rivera Galdos R, Vockel M, et al. Leukocyte extravasation and vascular permeability are each controlled in vivo by different tyrosine residues of VE-cadherin. Nat Immunol. 2014;15:223-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, Tyr685 and Tyr731 of VE-cadherin distinctly and selectively regulate the induction of vascular permeability or leukocyte extravasation. ..
- Cohen Mazor M, Mazor R, Kristal B, Sela S. Elastase and cathepsin G from primed leukocytes cleave vascular endothelial cadherin in hemodialysis patients. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:459640 pubmed publisher..In these patients, chronic elevation of these enzymes contributes to cleavage of VE-cadherin and possible disruption of endothelial integrity. ..
- Song J, Zhang X, Buscher K, Wang Y, Wang H, Di Russo J, et al. Endothelial Basement Membrane Laminin 511 Contributes to Endothelial Junctional Tightness and Thereby Inhibits Leukocyte Transmigration. Cell Rep. 2017;18:1256-1269 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that molecular information provided by basement membrane laminin 511 affects leukocyte extravasation both directly and indirectly by modulating endothelial barrier properties. ..
- Hess A, Seftor E, Gruman L, Kinch M, Seftor R, Hendrix M. VE-cadherin regulates EphA2 in aggressive melanoma cells through a novel signaling pathway: implications for vasculogenic mimicry. Cancer Biol Ther. 2006;5:228-33 pubmed
- Cong R, Sun Q, Yang L, Gu H, Zeng Y, Wang B. Effect of Genistein on vasculogenic mimicry formation by human uveal melanoma cells. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2009;28:124 pubmed publisher..polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) and Western Blot analysis to examine the effect of Genistein on vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) mRNA and protein expression...
- Matluobi D, Araghi A, Maragheh B, Rezabakhsh A, Soltani S, Khaksar M, et al. Carvacrol promotes angiogenic paracrine potential and endothelial differentiation of human mesenchymal stem cells at low concentrations. Microvasc Res. 2018;115:20-27 pubmed publisher..Our data shed lights on the possibility of a Carvacrol to induce angiogenesis in human mesenchymal stem cells by modulating cell differentiation and paracrine angiogenic response. ..
- Korde A, Jin L, Zhang J, Ramaswamy A, Hu B, Kolahian S, et al. Lung Endothelial MicroRNA-1 Regulates Tumor Growth and Angiogenesis. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Myeloproliferative leukemia oncogene (Mpl) was targeted by miR-1 in the lung endothelium and regulated tumor growth and angiogenesis. Endothelial miR-1 is downregulated in NSCLC tumors and controls tumor progression and angiogenesis. ..
- Lau S, Eicke D, Carvalho Oliveira M, Wiegmann B, Schrimpf C, Haverich A, et al. Low immunogenic endothelial cells maintain morphofunctional properties needed for tissue engineering. Tissue Eng Part A. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Silenced EC remained capable to express characteristic endothelial surface markers such as CD31 and vascular endothelial cadherin important for constructing a tight barrier as well as von Willebrand factor and endothelial nitric ..
- Rampersad S, Ovens J, Huston E, Umana M, Wilson L, Netherton S, et al. Cyclic AMP phosphodiesterase 4D (PDE4D) Tethers EPAC1 in a vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-Cad)-based signaling complex and controls cAMP-mediated vascular permeability. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:33614-22 pubmed publisherVascular endothelial cell (VEC) permeability is largely dependent on the integrity of vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin or VE-Cad)-based intercellular adhesions...
- Rezaei M, Cao J, Friedrich K, Kemper B, Brendel O, Grosser M, et al. The expression of VE-cadherin in breast cancer cells modulates cell dynamics as a function of tumor differentiation and promotes tumor-endothelial cell interactions. Histochem Cell Biol. 2018;149:15-30 pubmed publisher..The endothelial-specific vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) has been demonstrated in diverse cancer types including breast cancer and is supposed to ..
- Rudini N, Felici A, Giampietro C, Lampugnani M, Corada M, Swirsding K, et al. VE-cadherin is a critical endothelial regulator of TGF-beta signalling. EMBO J. 2008;27:993-1004 pubmed publisher..This suggests that reduction or inactivation of VE-cadherin may contribute to progression of diseases where TGF-beta signalling is impaired. ..
- Shah H, Brar K. Ageing-induced internalization and degradation of VE-Cadherin leads to vascular dysfunction. J Physiol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..With increasing age, the arterial system undergoes deterioration which contributes to cardiovascular disease; a leading cause of morbidity and mortality worldwide. This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved...
- Menge T, Gerber M, Wataha K, Reid W, Guha S, Cox C, et al. Human mesenchymal stem cells inhibit endothelial proliferation and angiogenesis via cell-cell contact through modulation of the VE-Cadherin/?-catenin signaling pathway. Stem Cells Dev. 2013;22:148-57 pubmed publisher..These findings are relevant to intravenous use of MSCs and provide insight into further optimizing therapeutic strategies involving MSCs. ..
- Gavard J. Endothelial permeability and VE-cadherin: a wacky comradeship. Cell Adh Migr. 2014;8:158-64 pubmed..Overall, the molecular basis for VE -cadherin control of the endothelial barrier function is of high interest for biomedical research, as vascular leakage is observed in many pathological conditions and human diseases. ..
- Cadwell C, Jenkins P, Bennett V, Kowalczyk A. Ankyrin-G Inhibits Endocytosis of Cadherin Dimers. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:691-704 pubmed publisher..However, the mechanisms that control junctional plasticity are not fully understood. Vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin) is an adhesive protein found in adherens junctions of endothelial cells...
- Ham C, Levkau B, Raines E, Herren B. ADAM15 is an adherens junction molecule whose surface expression can be driven by VE-cadherin. Exp Cell Res. 2002;279:239-47 pubmed..Our data suggest that ADAM15 may be a novel component of adherens junctions and thus could play a role in endothelial functions that are mediated by these cell contacts. ..
- Sauteur L, Affolter M, Belting H. Distinct and redundant functions of Esama and VE-cadherin during vascular morphogenesis. Development. 2017;144:1554-1565 pubmed publisher..In summary, VE-cadherin and Esama have distinct and redundant functions during blood vessel morphogenesis, and both adhesion proteins are central to endothelial cell recognition during anastomosis. ..
- Cantelmo A, Conradi L, Brajic A, Goveia J, Kalucka J, Pircher A, et al. Inhibition of the Glycolytic Activator PFKFB3 in Endothelium Induces Tumor Vessel Normalization, Impairs Metastasis, and Improves Chemotherapy. Cancer Cell. 2016;30:968-985 pubmed publisher..PFKFB3-blockade treatment also improved chemotherapy of primary and metastatic tumors. ..
- Mishra R, Singh S. HIV-1 Tat C phosphorylates VE-cadherin complex and increases human brain microvascular endothelial cell permeability. BMC Neurosci. 2014;15:80 pubmed publisher..Unrestricted phosphorylation of junctional proteins in hBMVECs, in response to HIV-1 Tat C protein; leads to the disruption of junctional complexes and increased endothelial permeability. ..
- Lv Z, Phuong T, Jin S, Li X, Xu M. Protection by simvastatin on hyperglycemia-induced endothelial dysfunction through inhibiting NLRP3 inflammasomes. Oncotarget. 2017;8:91291-91305 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the mechanism of simvastatin treatment alleviating vascular endothelial permeability dysfunction may be through inhibiting the NLRP3 inflammasome-dependent HMGB1 release in RAECs. ..
- Daneshjou N, Sieracki N, van Nieuw Amerongen G, Conway D, Schwartz M, Komarova Y, et al. Rac1 functions as a reversible tension modulator to stabilize VE-cadherin trans-interaction. J Cell Biol. 2015;208:23-32 pubmed publisher..probe to control Rac1 activity at AJs, we addressed the relationship between Rac1 and the dynamics of vascular endothelial cadherin (VE-cadherin)...