Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VCAM-1
Description: vascular cell adhesion molecule 1
Alias: CD106, INCAM-100, CD106 antigen, vascular cell adhesion protein 1
Publications237 found, 100 shown here
- Vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1) activation of endothelial cell matrix metalloproteinases: role of reactive oxygen speciesTracy L Deem
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, PO Box 670529, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH 45267 0529, USA
Blood 104:2385-93. 2004..In summary, this is the first report of a mechanism for ROS function in VCAM-1 activation of endothelial cell MMPs during VCAM-1-dependent lymphocyte migration...
- Direct expression cloning of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1, a cytokine-induced endothelial protein that binds to lymphocytesL Osborn
Biogen, Inc, Cambridge Center, Massachusetts 02142
Cell 59:1203-11. 1989..VCAM-1, which belongs to the immunoglobulin gene super-family, may be central to recruitment of mononuclear leukocytes into inflammatory sites in vivo...
- Vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 is a regulator of ovarian cancer peritoneal metastasisJill K Slack-Davis
Department of Microbiology, Health Evaluation Sciences and Cancer Center, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22908, USA
Cancer Res 69:1469-76. 2009..Together, these observations implicate VCAM-1-alpha(4)beta(1) integrin interactions in the regulation of ovarian cancer cell mesothelial invasion and metastatic progression and offer the possibility of novel therapeutic targets...
- Docosahexaenoic acid attenuates VCAM-1 expression and NF-κB activation in TNF-α-treated human aortic endothelial cellsTzu Ming Wang
Institute of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, National Yang Ming University, Taipei 112, Taiwan
J Nutr Biochem 22:187-94. 2011..This study provides evidence that DHA may contribute to the prevention of atherosclerosis and inflammatory diseases in vivo...
- HIV-1 Tat protein upregulates inflammatory mediators and induces monocyte invasion into the brainHong Pu
Department of Surgery Neurosurgery, University of Kentucky Medical Center, 800 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Mol Cell Neurosci 24:224-37. 2003..These data demonstrate that intracerebral administration of Tat can induce profound proinflammatory effects in the brain, leading to monocyte infiltration...
- MicroRNA-126 regulates endothelial expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1Tamia A Harris
Cellular and Molecular Medicine Program and Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD 21205, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:1516-21. 2008..These data suggest that microRNA can regulate adhesion molecule expression and may provide additional control of vascular inflammation...
- Involvement of MAPKs and NF-kappaB in tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 expression in human rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblastsShue Fen Luo
Chang Gung University, Chang Gung Memorial Hospital, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Arthritis Rheum 62:105-16. 2010..To investigate the roles of MAPKs and NF-kappaB in tumor necrosis factor alpha (TNFalpha)-induced expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 (VCAM-1) in human rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts (RASFs)...
- Gp120 activates children's brain endothelial cells via CD4M F Stins
Division of Infectious Diseases, Childrens Hospital Los Angeles, California, USA
J Neurovirol 7:125-34. 2001..Gp120-induced monocyte migration was inhibited by anti-gp120 and anti-CD4 antibodies. This is the first demonstration that gp120 activates HBMEC via CD4, which may contribute to the development of HIV-1 encephalopathy in children...
- Upregulation of PTEN by CKD712, a synthetic tetrahydroisoquinoline alkaloid, selectively inhibits lipopolysaccharide-induced VCAM-1 but not ICAM-1 expression in human endothelial cellsKonstantin Tsoyi
Department of Pharmacology, School of Medicine and Institute of Health Sciences, Gyeongsang National University, Jinju, Republic of Korea
Atherosclerosis 207:412-9. 2009....
- Anthrax lethal toxin enhances cytokine-induced VCAM-1 expression on human endothelial cellsAmber D Steele
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Vascular Biology, Division of Hematology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 337:1249-56. 2005....
- Macrophage binding to receptor VCAM-1 transmits survival signals in breast cancer cells that invade the lungsQing Chen
Cancer Biology and Genetics Program, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 10065, USA
Cancer Cell 20:538-49. 2011..Thus, newly disseminated cancer cells expressing VCAM-1 can thrive in leukocyte-rich microenvironments through juxtacrine activation of a VCAM-1-Ezrin-PI3K/Akt survival pathway...
- Activated integrin VLA-4 localizes to the lamellipodia and mediates T cell migration on VCAM-1Young Min Hyun
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, David H Smith Center for Vaccine Biology and Immunology, University of Rochester, NY 14642, USA
J Immunol 183:359-69. 2009..These data suggest that a subpopulation of activated VLA-4 is mainly localized to the leading edge of polarized human T cells and is critical for T cell migration on VCAM-1...
- TLR4-dependent induction of vascular adhesion molecule-1 in rheumatoid arthritis synovial fibroblasts: Roles of cytosolic phospholipase A(2)alpha/cyclooxygenase-2Cheng Ying Wu
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
J Cell Physiol 223:480-91. 2010..Collectively, these results suggest that LPS-induced VCAM-1 expression and adhesion of THP-1 cells are mediated through the TLR4/ERK/cPLA(2)alpha phosphorylation and COX-2 expression/PGE(2) synthesis in RASFs...
- A long-acting glucagon-like peptide-1 analogue attenuates induction of plasminogen activator inhibitor type-1 and vascular adhesion moleculesHongbin Liu
Australian Centre for Blood Diseases, Monash University, Prahran, Melbourne, Victoria
J Endocrinol 201:59-66. 2009..These effects suggest that liraglutide may potentially improve the endothelial cell dysfunction associated with premature atherosclerosis identified in type 2 diabetic patients...
- Extracellular HIV-1 Tat enhances monocyte adhesion by up-regulation of ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 gene expression via ROS-dependent NF-kappaB activation in astrocytesHa Yong Song
Department of Biomedical Science, Hallym University, Chuncheon 200 702, Korea
Exp Mol Med 39:27-37. 2007..These data indicate that HIV-1 Tat can modulate monocyte adhesiveness by increasing expression of adhesion molecules such as ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 via ROS- and NF-kappaB-dependent mechanisms in astrocytes...
- Thrombin stimulation of vascular adhesion molecule-1 in endothelial cells is mediated by protein kinase C (PKC)-delta-NF-kappa B and PKC-zeta-GATA signaling pathwaysTakashi Minami
Department of Molecular Medicine, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02215, USA
J Biol Chem 278:6976-84. 2003..Taken together, these data suggest that the endothelial cell-specific effect of thrombin on VCAM-1 expression involves the coordinate activity of PKC-delta-NF-kappaB and PKC-zeta-GATA signaling pathways...
- Homocysteine induces VCAM-1 gene expression through NF-kappaB and NAD(P)H oxidase activation: protective role of Mediterranean diet polyphenolic antioxidantsMaria Annunziata Carluccio
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerca Institute of Clinical Physiology, University of Lecce, Lecce, Italy
Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 293:H2344-54. 2007..Natural Mediterranean diet antioxidants can inhibit such activation, suggesting their possible therapeutic role in Hcy-induced vascular damage...
- Anthrax lethal toxin enhances TNF-induced endothelial VCAM-1 expression via an IFN regulatory factor-1-dependent mechanismJason M Warfel
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Vascular Biology, Division of Hematology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892
J Immunol 180:7516-24. 2008..Altering the activity of key transcription factors involved in host response to infection may be a critical mechanism by which LT contributes to anthrax pathogenesis...
- Exogenous nitric oxide inhibits VCAM-1 expression in human peritoneal mesothelial cells. Role of cyclic GMP and NF-kappaBSang Koo Lee
Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, University of Ulsan, Seoul, Korea
Nephron 90:447-54. 2002..These results suggest that exogenous NO inhibits VCAM-1 expression via suppression of NF-kappaB through a cGMP-independent pathway...
- At least 2 distinct pathways generating reactive oxygen species mediate vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 induction by advanced glycation end productsGiuseppina Basta
C N R Institutes of Clinical Physiology, Pisa, Italy
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 25:1401-7. 2005..We investigated the role of distinct sources of ROS, including the mitochondrial electron transport chain, NAD(P)H oxidase, xanthine oxidase, and arachidonic acid metabolism, in AGE-induced VCAM-1 expression...
- Evaluation of C-reactive protein, endothelin-1, adhesion molecule(s), and lipids as inflammatory markers in type 2 diabetes mellitus patientsHala El-Mesallamy
Biochemistry Department, Faculty of Pharmacy, Ain Shams University, Abbassia, Cairo 11566, Egypt
Mediators Inflamm 2007:73635. 2007..P-selectin and ICAM-1 were significantly positively correlated. This study indicates that increased level of oxidative stress marker, proinflammatory markers, and their downstream effectors adhesion molecules occur in type 2 DM...
- Evidences for correlation between the reduced VCAM-1 expression and hyaluronan synthesis during cellular senescence of human mesenchymal stem cellsEun Mi Jung
Integrative Omics Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, 111 Gwahangno, Yuseong Gu, Daejeon 305 806, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 404:463-9. 2011..Thus, we suggest that hyaluronan supplementation in expansion culture of MSCs would compensate adverse effects induced by its decreased synthesis and subsequently enhance cell adhesion and migration abilities...
- Crystal structure of an integrin-binding fragment of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 at 1.8 A resolutionE Y Jones
Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, Oxford Centre for Molecular Sciences, UK
Nature 373:539-44. 1995..These, and additional data, map VLA-4 binding to the face of the CFG beta-sheet, the surface previously identified as the site for intercellular adhesive interactions between members of the immunoglobulin superfamily...
- Caveolin-1 is associated with VCAM-1 dependent adhesion of gastric cancer cells to endothelial cellsJaeyoung Shin
Department of Molecular Biology and Institute of Nanosensor and Biotechnology, Dankook Univiersity, Seoul, Korea
Cell Physiol Biochem 17:211-20. 2006....
- Fetal endothelium dysfunction is associated with circulating maternal levels of sE-selectin, sVCAM1, and sFlt-1 during pre-eclampsiaCarlos J Veas
Department of Clinical Biochemistry and Immunology, Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Concepcion, P O Box 237, Concepcion, Chile
J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med 24:1371-7. 2011..To evaluate the association between endothelial activation markers in the maternal circulation with nitric oxide (NO) synthesis in human umbilical endothelial cells...
- Vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 and the integrin VLA-4 mediate adhesion of human B cell precursors to cultured bone marrow adherent cellsD H Ryan
Department of Pathology, University of Rochester Medical Center, New York 14642
J Clin Invest 88:995-1004. 1991....
- PTEN differentially regulates expressions of ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 through PI3K/Akt/GSK-3β/GATA-6 signaling pathways in TNF-α-activated human endothelial cellsKonstantin Tsoyi
Department of Pharmacology, Institute of Health Sciences, School of Medicine, and Biomedical Center BK21, Gyeongsang National University, 92 Chilam dong, Jinju 660 751, Republic of Korea
Atherosclerosis 213:115-21. 2010..It is concluded that PTEN selectively inhibits expression of VCAM-1 but not ICAM-1 through modulation of PI3K/Akt/GSK-3β/GATA-6 signaling cascade in TNF-α-treated ECs...
- A GLP-1 receptor agonist liraglutide inhibits endothelial cell dysfunction and vascular adhesion molecule expression in an ApoE-/- mouse modelTracey Gaspari
Department of Pharmacology, Monash University, Australia
Diab Vasc Dis Res 8:117-24. 2011..Together these studies identify in vivo protection, by the GLP-1R agonist liraglutide, against ECD and provide a potential molecular mechanism responsible for these effects...
- Structure/function studies on vascular cell adhesion molecule-1B Pepinsky
Biogen, Inc, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142
J Biol Chem 267:17820-6. 1992....
- P2Y2 nucleotide receptor activation up-regulates vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 [corrected] expression and enhances lymphocyte adherence to a human submandibular gland cell lineOlga J Baker
Department of Biochemistry, University of Missouri Columbia, 540E Christopher S Bond Life Sciences Center, 1201 Rollins Road, Columbia, MO 65211 0001, USA
Mol Immunol 45:65-75. 2008..These results suggest that P2Y2R activation in salivary gland cells increases the EGFR-dependent expression of VCAM-1 and the binding of lymphocytes, a pathway relevant to inflammation associated with SS...
- Immunohistochemical analysis of cellular adhesion molecules (ICAM-1, VCAM-1) and VEGF in fibrovascular membranes of patients with proliferative diabetic retinopathy: preliminary studyT Khalfaoui
Service d Ophtalmologie, Hopital Charles Nicolle, Boulevard du 9 Avril, Bab Souika, 1006 Tunis, Tunisia
Pathol Biol (Paris) 57:513-7. 2009..To this end, we analyzed the simultaneous expression of ICAM-1, VCAM-1 and VEGF within tissues of diabetic fibrovascular membranes...
- Gastrin induces the interaction between human mononuclear leukocytes and endothelial cells through the endothelial expression of P-selectin and VCAM-1Sales Ibiza
Departamento de Farmacología and CIBERehd, Universidad de Valencia, Spain
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 297:C1588-95. 2009..Gastrin induces interactions between human mononuclear leukocytes and endothelial cells through the activation of CCK-2 receptors and the enhancement of endothelial P-selectin and VCAM-1...
- Proteinase-activated receptor2 agonists upregulate granulocyte colony-stimulating factor, IL-8, and VCAM-1 expression in human bronchial fibroblastsRithwik Ramachandran
Respiratory Medicine, Division of Academic Medicine, Post Graduate Medical Institute of the University of Hull in association with the Hull York Medical School, East Yorkshire, HU16 5JQ, United Kingdom
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 35:133-41. 2006..PAR2-driven upregulation of VCAM-1 cell surface expression and the release of IL-8 and G-CSF from bronchial fibroblasts may be important in promoting neutrophilic airways inflammation...
- s-ICAM-1 and s-VCAM-1 in healthy men are strongly associated with traits of the metabolic syndrome, becoming evident in the postprandial response to a lipid-rich mealDiana Rubin
Max Rubner Institut, Federal Research Center of Nutrition and Food, Herrmann Weigmann Str 1, 24103 Kiel, Germany
Lipids Health Dis 7:32. 2008..We conducted assessment of association between postprandial triglycerides, insulin and glucose after ingestion of a standardized lipid-rich test meal, and soluble cellular adhesion molecules (sCAM) in young healthy subjects...
- Soluble vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 induces human eosinophil migrationS Ueki
Department of Clinical and Laboratory Medicine, Akita University School of Medicine, Akita, Japan
Allergy 64:718-24. 2009..Elevated levels of the soluble forms of adhesion molecules in the body fluid of asthmatic patients have been observed, although their pathophysiological significance remains to be fully elucidated...
- The integrin alpha9beta1 mediates adhesion to activated endothelial cells and transendothelial neutrophil migration through interaction with vascular cell adhesion molecule-1Y Taooka
Lung Biology Center, Center for Occupational and Environmental Health, Cardiovascular Research Institute and the Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143, USA
J Cell Biol 145:413-20. 1999..These observations suggest a possible role for alpha9beta1/VCAM-1 interactions in extravasation of neutrophils at sites of acute inflammation...
- The adaptor molecule Lnk negatively regulates tumor necrosis factor-alpha-dependent VCAM-1 expression in endothelial cells through inhibition of the ERK1 and -2 pathwaysJuliette Fitau
INSERM, U643, Nantes, France
J Biol Chem 281:20148-59. 2006..Collectively, our results identify the adaptor Lnk as a negative regulator in the TNFalpha-signaling pathway mediating ERK inhibition and suggest a role for Lnk in the interplay between PI3K and ERK triggered by TNFalpha in ECs...
- Alpha 4 beta 1 integrin/VCAM-1 interaction activates alpha L beta 2 integrin-mediated adhesion to ICAM-1 in human T cellsJ R Chan
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of Toronto, Toronto General Hospital Research Institute, Toronto, Canada
J Immunol 164:746-53. 2000..A role for the cytoskeleton is implicated in this process...
- VCAM-1 activates phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and induces p120Cbl phosphorylation in human airway smooth muscle cellsA L Lazaar
Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Division, Department of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Immunol 166:155-61. 2001..These studies suggest that VCAM-1 is linked to multiple signaling pathways in human ASM cells and may function to augment growth factor-induced responses...
- The P2Y2 nucleotide receptor mediates vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 expression through interaction with VEGF receptor-2 (KDR/Flk-1)Cheikh I Seye
Department of Biochemistry, University of Missouri Columbia, Columbia, Missouri 65212, USA
J Biol Chem 279:35679-86. 2004..These data indicate a novel mechanism whereby a nucleotide receptor transactivates a receptor tyrosine kinase to generate an inflammatory response associated with atherosclerosis...
- The P2Y2 nucleotide receptor mediates UTP-induced vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 expression in coronary artery endothelial cellsCheikh I Seye
Department of Biochemistry, University of Missouri, Columbia 65212, USA
J Biol Chem 278:24960-5. 2003..These findings suggest a novel role for the P2Y2 receptor in the p38- and Rho kinase-dependent expression of VCAM-1 that mediates the recruitment of monocytes by vascular endothelium associated with the development of atherosclerosis...
- IL-13 regulates vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 expression in human osteoblastsLeonard Rifas
Division of Bone and Mineral Diseases, Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine at Barnes Jewish Hospital, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Cell Biochem 89:213-9. 2003....
- VCAM-1-mediated Rac signaling controls endothelial cell-cell contacts and leukocyte transmigrationSandra van Wetering
Department of Experimental Immunohematology, Sanquin Research at CLB, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Am J Physiol Cell Physiol 285:C343-52. 2003..Together, these data indicate that VCAM-1-induced, Rac-dependent signaling plays a key role in the modulation of vascular-endothelial cadherin-mediated endothelial cell-cell adhesion and leukocyte extravasation...
- Vicious cycle between myeloma cell binding to bone marrow stromal cells via VLA-4-VCAM-1 adhesion and macrophage inflammatory protein-1alpha and MIP-1beta productionMasahiro Abe
Department of Medicine and Bioregulatory Sciences, University of Tokushima Graduate School of Medical Sciences, 3 18 15 Kuramoto cho, Tokushima 770 8503, Japan
J Bone Miner Metab 27:16-23. 2009....
- ICAM1 and VCAM1 polymorphisms, coronary artery calcium, and circulating levels of soluble ICAM-1: the multi-ethnic study of atherosclerosis (MESA)Suzette J Bielinski
Division of Epidemiology and Community Health, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55454, USA
Atherosclerosis 201:339-44. 2008..Our results identified ICAM1 polymorphisms that were significantly associated with sICAM-1 level but not CAC, a subclinical marker of atherosclerosis...
- 11,12-epoxyeicosatrienoic acid (11,12-EET): structural determinants for inhibition of TNF-alpha-induced VCAM-1 expressionJ R Falck
Department of Biochemistry, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9038, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 13:4011-4. 2003..A series of 11,12-EET analogues were synthesized and compared using a human endothelial cell based TNF-alpha-induced VCAM-1 expression assay. The resulting data were used to map a putative recognition/binding domain for 11,12-EET...
- Elevation of soluble VCAM-1 plasma levels in children with acute dengue virus infection of varying severityPenelopie Koraka
Laboratory for Exotic Viral Infections, Institute of Virology, Erasmus Medical Centre, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
J Med Virol 72:445-50. 2004..These data also favor to study the further elucidation of the role of sVCAM-1 in the pathogenesis of dengue infections...
- Involvement of MAPKs and NF-kappaB in LPS-induced VCAM-1 expression in human tracheal smooth muscle cellsWei Ning Lin
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, Chang Gung University, Kwei San, Tao Yuan, Taiwan
Cell Signal 19:1258-67. 2007..These results provide new insight into the mechanisms of LPS action that bacterial toxins may promote inflammatory responses in the airway disease...
- TNFR1-induced NF-kappaB, but not ERK, p38MAPK or JNK activation, mediates TNF-induced ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 expression on endothelial cellsZhigang Zhou
School of Chemical Sciences and Pharmacy, University of East Anglia, Norwich, NR4 7TJ, United Kingdom
Cell Signal 19:1238-48. 2007....
- Carbamylated low-density lipoprotein induces monocyte adhesion to endothelial cells through intercellular adhesion molecule-1 and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1Eugene O Apostolov
Division of Nephrology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, 4301 W Markham St, Little Rock, AR 72205, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:826-32. 2007..This study was aimed at testing the hypothesis that carbamylated LDL acts via inducing monocyte adhesion to endothelial cells and determining the adhesion molecules responsible for the recruitment of monocytes...
- Gliclazide treatment lowers serum ICAM-1 levels in poorly controlled type 2 diabetic patientsN Papanas
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Democritus University of Thrace, Alexandroupolis, Greece
Diabetes Metab 32:344-9. 2006..To investigate the potential effect of gliclazide on serum ICAM-1 (intercellular adhesion molecule-1) and VCAM-1 (vascular cell adhesion molecule-1) levels in poorly controlled type 2 diabetic patients...
- The translocation inhibitor CAM741 interferes with vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 signal peptide insertion at the transloconHanna Harant
Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research, A 1235 Vienna, Austria
J Biol Chem 281:30492-502. 2006..Our data indicate that the compound inhibits translocation of VCAM1 by interfering with correct insertion of its signal peptide into the translocon...
- VCAM-1 expression on dystrophic muscle vessels has a critical role in the recruitment of human blood-derived CD133+ stem cells after intra-arterial transplantationManuela Gavina
Stem Cell Laboratory, Department of Neurological Sciences, IRCCS, Centro Dino Ferrari, University of Milan, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Via Francesco Sforza 35, 20122 Milan, Italy
Blood 108:2857-66. 2006....
- Contrasting roles for domain 4 of VCAM-1 in the regulation of cell adhesion and soluble VCAM-1 binding to integrin alpha4beta1Darren G Woodside
Encysive Pharmaceuticals Incorporated, Houston, TX 77030, USA
J Immunol 176:5041-9. 2006..These results indicate that the domain 4 of VCAM-1 plays a contrasting role when VCAM-1 is presented in solution or as a cell surface-expressed adhesive substrate...
- C-reactive protein induces VCAM-1 gene expression through NF-kappaB activation in vascular endothelial cellsDaiji Kawanami
Department of Cardiovascular Medicine, Graduate School of Medicine, University of Tokyo, 7 3 1 Hongo, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo, Japan
Atherosclerosis 185:39-46. 2006..Taken together, our findings suggest that VCAM-1 induction by CRP is mediated by PKC, p38MAPK, tyrosine kinase and the NF-kappaB-dependent signaling pathways in vascular endothelial cells...
- Blood serum levels of vascular cell adhesion molecule (sVCAM-1), intercellular adhesion molecule (sICAM-1) and endothelial leucocyte adhesion molecule-1 (ELAM-1) in diabetic retinopathyMariusz Nowak
Pathophysiology Division, Department of Pathophysiology and Endocrinology, Medical University of Silesia, 41 800 Zabrze pl, Traugutta 2, Poland
Clin Exp Med 8:159-64. 2008....
- Insulin potentiates cytokine-induced VCAM-1 expression in human endothelial cellsRosalinda Madonna
Institute of Cardiology, Center of Excellence on Aging, G d Annunzio University Chieti, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1782:511-6. 2008..Therefore, hyperinsulinemia enhances cytokine-induced VCAM-1 expression in endothelial cells, thus potentially contributing to detrimental effects of other inflammatory stimuli on atherogenesis...
- HIV-1 Tat protein-induced VCAM-1 expression in human pulmonary artery endothelial cells and its signalingKai Liu
Department of Medicine, Tulane Univ School of Medicine, New Orleans, LA 70112 2699, USA
Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 289:L252-60. 2005....
- Release of VCAM-1 associated endothelial microparticles following simulated SCUBA divesR V Vince
Department of Sport, Health and Exercise Science, University of Hull, Hull, UK
Eur J Appl Physiol 105:507-13. 2009..095). Oxidative stress (TBARS) was correlated with VCAM + MP. Data presented highlights the potential of MP as a biological marker of both endothelial state and decompression illness...
- The distinction between lesional and non-lesional skin in psoriasis vulgaris through expression of adhesion molecules ICAM-1 and VCAM-1Leo Cabrijan
Department of Dermatovenerology, Clinical Hospital Center Rijeka, Kresimirova 42, 51000 Rijeka, Croatia
Med Hypotheses 72:327-9. 2009..Our hypothesis could be proved by immunohistochemical stain of ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 in lesional and non-lesional skin of pv patient in comparison with healthy skin...
- Nifedipine decreases sVCAM-1 concentrations and oxidative stress in systemic sclerosis but does not affect the concentrations of vascular endothelial growth factor or its soluble receptor 1Yannick Allanore
Paris V University, Department of Rheumatology A, Assistance Publique Hopitaux de Paris, Cochin Hospital, Paris, France
Arthritis Res Ther 6:R309-14. 2004..However, more experimental evidence is needed to determine whether the VEGF pathway is intrinsically defective in SSc...
- Eosinophils adhere to vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 via podosomesMats W Johansson
Department of Medicine, University of Wisconsin, 4285A, Medical Sciences Center, 1300 University Avenue, Madison, WI 53706 1532, USA
Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol 31:413-22. 2004..Podosome-mediated VCAM-1 clearance may be a mechanism to regulate eosinophil arrest and extravasation in allergic conditions such as asthma...
- Effect of high glucose concentrations on expression of ELAM-1, VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 in HUVEC with and without cytokine activationT S Altannavch
Second Department of Internal Medicine, Third Faculty of Medicine, Charles University, Czech Republic
Physiol Res 53:77-82. 2004..These results show that even a short-term exposure of endothelial cells (ECs) to high glucose concentration leads to their activation associated with increased expression of adhesion molecules such as ELAM-1, VCAM-1 and ICAM-1...
- Serum soluble ICAM-1, VCAM-1, L-selectin, and P-selectin levels as markers of infection and their relation to clinical severity in neonatal sepsisJose Figueras-Aloy
Servicio Neonatología, Institut Clinic de Ginecologia, Obstetricia i Neonatologia, Spain
Am J Perinatol 24:331-8. 2007..These levels were related to the clinical severity of the disease. Soluble VCAM-1 levels increased only slightly in HC + sepsis. Soluble L-selectin and sP-selectin did not change...
- Vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (CD106) is cleaved by neutrophil proteases in the bone marrow following hematopoietic progenitor cell mobilization by granulocyte colony-stimulating factorJ P Levesque
Peter MacCallum Cancer Institute, East Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Blood 98:1289-97. 2001....
- Dynamic interaction of VCAM-1 and ICAM-1 with moesin and ezrin in a novel endothelial docking structure for adherent leukocytesOlga Barreiro
Servicio de Inmunologia, Hospital de la Princesa, Universidad Autonoma de Madrid, 28006 Madrid, Spain
J Cell Biol 157:1233-45. 2002..These results provide the first characterization of an endothelial docking structure that plays a key role in the firm adhesion of leukocytes to the endothelium during inflammation...
- Human mast cell progenitors use alpha4-integrin, VCAM-1, and PSGL-1 E-selectin for adhesive interactions with human vascular endothelium under flow conditionsJoshua A Boyce
Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Blood 99:2890-6. 2002..These observations may explain the abundance of MCs at sites of mucosal inflammation, where VCAM-1 and E-selectin are important inducible receptors...
- Both ICAM-1- and VCAM-1-integrin interactions are important in mediating monocyte adhesion to human saphenous veinMartin F Crook
Bristol Heart Institute, University of Bristol, Bristol Royal Infirmary, UK
J Vasc Res 39:221-9. 2002..These experiments imply that either integrin might be targeted to reduce monocyte infiltration into HSV grafts...
- Modulation of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 on human coronary smooth muscle cells by cytokinesM Braun
Medizinische Klinik, Universitatsklinikum Charite, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin, Germany
J Mol Cell Cardiol 27:2571-9. 1995..These results demonstrate that cytokines regulate ICAM-1 and VCAM-1 expression on human coronary and pulmonary smooth muscle cells. These effects may play an important role in the immune mechanisms in atherosclerosis...
- Testosterone inhibits tumor necrosis factor-alpha-induced vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 expression in human aortic endothelial cellsHaruhiko Hatakeyama
Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Kanazawa Medical University, Ishikawa 920 0293, Japan
FEBS Lett 530:129-32. 2002..Our results may suggest an inhibitory effect of T on atherogenesis, providing a novel insight into the consideration of the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis...
- Characterization of the promoter for vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1)M F Iademarco
Department of Internal Medicine, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110
J Biol Chem 267:16323-9. 1992..The distribution of these proteins could then control activity of the NF kappa B sites. We conclude that the pattern of VCAM-1 expression in HUVECs is controlled by a combination of these silencers and NF kappa B sites...
- Role of isoprenylcysteine carboxyl methyltransferase in tumor necrosis factor-alpha stimulation of expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 in endothelial cellsMushtaq Ahmad
Division of Cardiology, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 22:759-64. 2002..Thus, ICMTase is a critical component of the redox-sensitive VCAM-1-selective signaling pathway, and it appears to activate a discrete inflammatory signaling pathway, at least in part, through the methylation of Rac1...
- Induction of intercellular adhesion molecule-1 on human brain endothelial cells by HIV-1 gp120: role of CD4 and chemokine coreceptorsMonique F Stins
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205, USA
Lab Invest 83:1787-98. 2003..The activation of brain endothelium of children by HIV-1 protein gp120 by way of CD4 and chemokine receptors may have implications for the pathogenesis of HIV-1 encephalopathy in the pediatric population...
- The influence of garlic (Allium sativum) extract on interleukin 1alpha-induced expression of endothelial intercellular adhesion molecule-1 and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1F Rassoul
Institute of Laboratory Medicine, Clinical Chemistry and Molecular Diagnostics, University Hospital Leipzig, Liebigstr 27, D 04103 Leipzig, Germany
Phytomedicine 13:230-5. 2006..molecules such as intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1, CD54) and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1, CD106)...
- Adhesion molecule mechanisms mediating monocyte migration through synovial fibroblast and endothelium barriers: role for CD11/CD18, very late antigen-4 (CD49d/CD29), very late antigen-5 (CD49e/CD29), and vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (CD106)X Z Shang
Department of Pediatrics, Microbiology and Immunology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Immunol 160:467-74. 1998..In addition to VCAM-1, other ligand(s) on HSF are also involved in the VLA-4-mediated migration...
- Vascular cell adhesion molecule-Ig fusion protein selectively targets activated alpha 4-integrin receptors in vivo. Inhibition of autoimmune diabetes in an adoptive transfer model in nonobese diabetic miceA Jakubowski
Biogen, Inc, Cambridge, MA 02142, USA
J Immunol 155:938-46. 1995..and development through its interactions with two alternate ligands, vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1; CD106) expressed on cytokine-activated endothelium, dendritic and stromal cells, and the extracellular matrix protein ..
- Expression of glycophosphatidylinositol-anchored and -non-anchored isoforms of vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 in murine stromal and endothelial cellsT Kinashi
Center for Blood Research, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts 02115
J Leukoc Biol 57:168-73. 1995Monoclonal antibodies to murine vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1, CD106) revealed not only the expected VCAM-1 molecule with an apparent molecular weight of 100 kDa, but also a molecule with a smaller size of 46 kDa in stromal ..
- Cloning of an inflammation-specific phosphatidyl inositol-linked form of murine vascular cell adhesion molecule-1P Moy
Biogen, Incorporated, Cambridge, Massachusetts 02142
J Biol Chem 268:8835-41. 1993..3D-VCAM1 is found only in endotoxin-treated but not control murine and rat tissues. Thus in rodents alternate splicing of the VCAM1 gene generates a unique truncated inflammation-specific phosphatidylinositol-linked form of VCAM1...
- An association analysis between a silent C558T polymorphism at the pig vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 locus and sow reproduction and piglet survivability traitsO Ramirez
Departament de Ciencia Animal i dels Aliments, Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain
Reprod Domest Anim 43:542-6. 2008..013) as well as a significant one with time to make the first ingestion of colostrum (p = 0.003). The biological basis of these associations remains unclear and they should be interpreted with caution...
- IL-1 activation of endothelium supports VLA-4 (CD49d/CD29)-mediated monocyte transendothelial migration to C5a, MIP-1 alpha, RANTES, and PAF but inhibits migration to MCP-1: a regulatory role for endothelium-derived MCP-1H E Chuluyan
Department of Pediatrics, Microbiology and Immunology, Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
J Leukoc Biol 58:71-9. 1995..e., E-selectin (CD62E), intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (CD54) or vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (CD106), did not reverse the inhibitory effect...
- Therapeutic effect of all-trans-retinoic acid (at-RA) on an autoimmune nephritis experimental model: role of the VLA-4 integrinMaria M Escribese
Department of Pathology, Hospital Ramon y Cajal, Universidad de Alcala, Madrid, Spain
BMC Nephrol 8:3. 2007..We assessed the effects of all-trans retinoic acid (at-RA) in this experimental model. At-RA is a vitamin A metabolite which has shown beneficial effects on several nephropathies, even though no clear targets for at-RA were provided...
- Effects of macrolides on proinflammatory epitopes on endothelial cells in vitroMichael Millrose
Institute of Clinical Pharmacology and Toxicology, Charite, Universitatsmedizin Berlin, Campus Benjamin Franklin, Berlin, Germany
Arch Toxicol 83:469-76. 2009..monoclonal antibodies for the following surface antigens: CD34, E-selectin (CD62E), ICAM-1 (CD54) and VCAM-1 (CD106)...
- Endothelial/lymphocyte activation leads to prominent CD4+ T cell infiltration in the gastric mucosa of patients with systemic sclerosisMirko Manetti
University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Arthritis Rheum 58:2866-73. 2008..The aim of the present study was to investigate whether immune and/or microvascular abnormalities may account for tissue damage in gastric wall specimens obtained from patients with SSc...
- Expression of cell adhesion molecules in chordomas: an immunohistochemical study of 16 casesHidehisa Horiguchi
Department of Pathology, University of Tokushima School of Medicine, 3 18 15 Kuramoto, 770 8503 Tokushima, Japan
Acta Neuropathol 107:91-6. 2004..molecules, E-cadherin, P-cadherin, N-cadherin, beta-catenin, CD44, ICAM-1 (CD54), NCAM (CD56), and VCAM-1 (CD106) in 16 tumors from 16 patients (skull base, n=5; cervical, n=2; sacral, n=9) and 3 cases of fetal notochord...
- [Migratory and chemoattractant responses of mesenchymal stem cells to oxidative stress injury of endothelial cell in vitro]Zhi Li Zhao
Aesthetic and Plastic Surgery Center, Dermatology Diagnosis and Treatment Center of PLA, General Hospital of Beijing Military Command, Beijing 100700, China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 89:1577-81. 2009..To investigate the possibilities of human mesenchymal stem cells (hMSCs) migrating toward the oxidative stress injuries of endothelial cells...
- The NF-kappa B inhibitor, tepoxalin, suppresses surface expression of the cell adhesion molecules CD62E, CD11b/CD18 and CD106D H Lee
R W Johnson Pharmaceutical Research Institute, Don Mills, Ontario, Canada
Immunol Lett 53:109-13. 1996..CD11b/CD18 on monocytic HL60 cells, and endothelial adhesion molecule-1 (CD62E) and vascular adhesion molecule-1 (CD106) on human umbilical vein endothelial cells...
- Immunological and ultrastructural characterization of endothelial cell cultures differentiated from human cord blood derived endothelial progenitor cellsJosef Neumüller
Center for Anatomy and Cell Biology, Department of Cell Biology and Ultrastructure Research, Medical University of Vienna, Schwarzspanierstrasse 17, 1090 Vienna, Austria
Histochem Cell Biol 126:649-64. 2006..EPC showed surface expression of CD54 and CD106. However, only a small portion of HSCs-derived EPCs was positive for CD54 but negative for CD106...
- Effect of vascular stent alloys on expression of cellular adhesion molecules by endothelial cellsRegina L W Messer
Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia 30912 1100, USA
J Long Term Eff Med Implants 15:39-47. 2005..Expression of these CAMs is a critical step in the long-term inflammatory response to stent materials and possibly to in-stent restenonsis...
- Up-regulation of adhesion molecule expression and induction of TNF-alpha on vascular endothelial cells by antibody against human parvovirus B19 VP1 unique region proteinBor Show Tzang
Institute of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Chung Shan Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan, Republic of China
Clin Chim Acta 395:77-83. 2008..However, the precise role of B19-VP1u in induction of APS is still obscure...
- CD106 (VCAM-1) in testicular immunoregulationS Sainio-Pöllänen
Department of Anatomy, University of Turku, Finland
J Reprod Immunol 33:221-38. 1997The expression of CD18, CD49d/CD29, CD44, CD54 and CD106 was studied in the testis of normal mice at various ages, in the cryptorchid testis, in the testis of estrogen-treated mice and in the testis of non-obese diabetic (NOD) mice, ..
- Adhesion through the LFA-1 (CD11a/CD18)-ICAM-1 (CD54) and the VLA-4 (CD49d)-VCAM-1 (CD106) pathways prevents apoptosis of germinal center B cellsG Koopman
Department of Pathology, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
J Immunol 152:3760-7. 1994..Previously, we have shown that the LFA-1 (CD11a/CD18)-ICAM-1 (CD54) and VLA-4 (CD49d)-VCAM-1 (CD106) adhesion pathways are involved in FDC-B cell interaction...
- Toward the identification of mesenchymal stem cells in bone marrow and peripheral blood for bone regenerationDennis Smiler
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, Encino, CA, USA
Implant Dent 17:236-47. 2008..Specific markers exist for cells related to bone healing and bone regeneration. These include but are not limited to hematopoietic, mesenchymal, endothelial, angiogenic, and vasculargenic precursor cells...
- Soluble cellular adhesion molecules, selectins, VEGF and endothelin-1 in patients with Wuchereria bancrofti infection and association with clinical statusP Esterre
Immunology Unit, Institut de Recherches Medicales Malarde, Papeete 98713 Tahiti French Polynesia
Parasite Immunol 27:9-16. 2005..increased serum concentrations of soluble intercellular (sICAM-1, CD54), but not of vascular cell (sVCAM-1, CD106), adhesion molecules were observed in sera of patients with bacterial lymphangitis used as controls...
- The forkhead transcription factor Foxf1 is required for differentiation of extra-embryonic and lateral plate mesodermM Mahlapuu
Department of Molecular Biology, Goteborg University, The Lundberg Laboratory, Medicinaregatan 9C, Box 462, S 405 30 Goteborg, Sweden
Development 128:155-66. 2001....
- Experimental testicular teratoma promotes formation of humoral immune responses in the host testisJ Sundstrom
Department of Anatomy, University of Turku, Finland
J Reprod Immunol 42:107-26. 1999..response of the host testis against experimental testicular teratoma in mouse by localizing adhesion molecules (CD106, CD54, CD49d/CD29, CD44, CD18, CD8 and CD4), cytokines (IL-2, IL-4, IL-6, IL-10 and IL-12), T-cell costimulators (..
- Human umbilical cord blood-derived stromal cell, a new resource of feeder layer to expand human umbilical cord blood CD34+ cells in vitroLei Gao
Department of Hematology, Xinqiao Hospital, The Third Military Medical University, Chongqing, People s Republic of China
Blood Cells Mol Dis 36:322-8. 2006..Our research found that hUCB-derived stromal cells were mainly composed of three kinds of cell components, with CD106, CD29, CD44, CD45, CD50, CD68, CD31, Fn, Lm, and collagen IV positive, but CD34 negative immunophenotype...
- Role of PPAR in cardiovascular diseasesSaibal Kumar Das
Metabolic Disorders Group, Dr Reddy s Lab, Discovery Research, Bollaram Road, Miyapur, Hyderabad 500049, India
Recent Pat Cardiovasc Drug Discov 1:193-209. 2006..This review intends to capture some of the key studies in this area as is described in some recent patents and literature...
- [Effects of recombinant human thrombopoietin on stromal cells in culture in vitro]Jian Liang Shen
Department of Hematology, PLA Naval General Hospital, Beijing 100037, China
Zhongguo Shi Yan Xue Ye Xue Za Zhi 16:1430-6. 2008..These alterations were not different among various groups. The expressions of CD34, CD45, CD105, CD106, and CD166 were not affected obviously by rhTPO...
- Precise mapping of breakpoints in conserved synteny between human chromosome 1 and pig chromosomes 4, 6 and 9H S Sun
Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames, IA, USA
Anim Genet 33:91-6. 2002..Further, our data predict that Hsap1q21-24 is a candidate region for the backfat QTL localized to Sscr4...
- Paraoxonase-1 deficiency in mice predisposes to vascular inflammation, oxidative stress, and thrombogenicity in the absence of hyperlipidemiaDominic S Ng
Department of Medicine, St Michael s Hospital, Toronto, Canada
Cardiovasc Pathol 17:226-32. 2008..As paraoxonase-1 has been recently shown to be a lactonase, its functional role remains to be fully elucidated. We explored additional vascular changes in Pon1 knockout mice in the absence of atherogenic diet challenge...
- Prenatal diagnosis of beta-thalassemia in the West Bank and GazaSuhail K Ayesh
Director of Molecular Genetics Laboratory, Makassed Islamic Charitable Hospital, Mount of Olives, 91194 Jerusalem
Saudi Med J 26:1771-6. 2005..This study focuses on the genetic aspect of beta-thalassemia among 88 at risk couples from the West Bank and Gaza, and the attitude of these couples toward prenatal diagnosis and its outcome as a preventive method...
- Hyposialylation Regulates Alpha4Beta1 Integrin Binding to VCAM1ALENCIA WOODARD GRICE; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Genetic Susceptibilty to Cardiovascular Effects of Arsenic ExposureYu Chen; Fiscal Year: 2010..The findings may also improve risk assessment of health effects of arsenic exposure. ..
- MEDIATORS AND MODIFIERS OF NF-kappaB IN INSULIN RESISTANCESteven Shoelson; Fiscal Year: 2007..The findings will improve our understanding of the role of subacute 'inflammation' in insulin resistance, T2D and the metabolic syndrome, and may identify new and more selective targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- PATHWAY OF VENTRICULAR MORPHOGENESIS MEDICATED BY RXRAHenry Sucov; Fiscal Year: 2001..abstract_text> ..
- Cellular Assay:Presentation of the Adhesion Molecul(RMI)Thomas Mayer; Fiscal Year: 2005..The assay can generate data with high confidence and a Z' factor of 0.80. We have also shown that the assay is a powerful tool to screen for bioactive compounds. ..
- MOLECULAR DETERMINANTS OF BRAIN-METASTATIC MELANOMADario Marchetti; Fiscal Year: 2010..Research outlined here will help in delineating molecular events associated with malignant melanoma growth and brain metastasis, as influenced by enzyme-driven interactions between tumor cells and extracellular matrix ..
- PATHOLOGICAL CONSEQUENCES OF THE PLASMINOGEN SYSTEMVictoria Ploplis; Fiscal Year: 2010..The hypothesis is that cardiac fibrosis will be regulated by urokinase activity and other functions of PAI-I which will be further pursued in future studies of mice expressing functional mutations of PAI-1. ..
- Novel Eicosanoids: Synthesis and FunctionJohn R Falck; Fiscal Year: 2010..It is the long-term objective of this laboratory to identify these metabolites, develop biochemical and chemical tools to better understand their physiologic roles, and ultimately intervene pharmacologically. ..
- Sphingosine Kinase as a Target for Cancer TherapyCharles D Smith; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- ACYLTRANSFERASE INHIBITORS AS ANTI RAS AGENTSCharles Smith; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- Dev. of Optimized/Adjuvanted Smallpox DNA Vaccine (Gene Gun)T C Wu; Fiscal Year: 2007..The successful implementation of the proposed studies will result in an improved poxvirus DNA vaccine potentially suitable for clinical development. ..
- Novel Eicosanoids: Synthesis and FunctionJohn Falck; Fiscal Year: 2007..3) Develop isozyme-specific P450 inhibitors using (i) structure based rational design; (ii) computational/molecular modeling; and (iii) library screening. ..
- Mechanisms of VEGF modulation of smooth muscle functionAILI LAZAAR; Fiscal Year: 2006....
- NOVEL EICOSANOIDS--ANALYSIS, SYNTHESIS, AND FUNCTIONJohn Falck; Fiscal Year: 1999..and (e) elucidation of the P450 active site. ..
- EICOSANOID SYNTHESISJohn Falck; Fiscal Year: 1991..In light of the almost universal distribution of cytochrome P-450 in mammalian tissues, this work will have profound implications for our understanding of fatty acid metabolism and its relationship to homeostasis...
- ACYLTRANSFERASE INHIBITORS AS ANTI RAS AGENTSCharles Smith; Fiscal Year: 2005..These studies should confirm our identification of HIP3 as the first oncogenic human PAT, provide insight into the biological roles of HIP3 and other hPATs, and validate HIP3 as a target for the development of anticancer drugs. ..
- ADHESION MOLECULES IN SMOOTH MUSCLE ACTIVATION & GROWTHAILI LAZAAR; Fiscal Year: 2003..Understanding the mechanisms by which CAMs transduce signals that could induce myocyte activation may provide insight in new therapeutic measures to prevent airway inflammation and bronchial hyperreactivity. ..
- NOVEL EICOSANOIDS: ANALYSIS, SYNTHESIS, AND FUNCTIONJohn Falck; Fiscal Year: 2003..and (e) elucidation of the P450 active site ..
- Imaging of progenitor cells in tumor environmentsJennifer Allport; Fiscal Year: 2002..abstract_text> ..
- NOVEL COMPOUNDS WHICH CIRCUMVENT MULTIDRUG RESISTANCECharles Smith; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies should allow a critical evaluation of the potential utility of these novel compounds as clinical agents. ..
- SES, health behaviors and CVD among Vietnam-era-TwinsJeanne McCaffery; Fiscal Year: 2005..The primary method of analysis will be twin structural equation modeling. ..
- ENHANCEMENT OF HPV16 E6 & E7-SPECIFIC ANTITUMOR IMMUNITYT C Wu; Fiscal Year: 2001..5) Perform head-to-head comparison of various E6, E7 and chimeric E6E7 vaccines in antitumor immunity using E6 and E7 expressing murine model tumors. ..
- ENHANCING HPV-16 E6-SPECIFIC ANTITUMOR IMMUNITYT C Wu; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- PREVENTIVE/THERAPEUTIC HPV VACCINE DEVELOPMENTT C Wu; Fiscal Year: 2003..A.5 Evaluate the mechanisms of the anti-tumor immunity induced by vaccination. ..
- Novel Eicosanoids: Synthesis and FunctionJohn Falck; Fiscal Year: 2009..It is the long-term objective of this laboratory to identify these metabolites, develop biochemical and chemical tools to better understand their physiologic roles, and ultimately intervene pharmacologically. ..