Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: vasohibin 2
Description: vasohibin 2
Alias: vasohibin-2, testicular tissue protein Li 222, vasohibin-like protein
Products: vasohibin 2
- Takano M, Shimada K, Fujii T, Morita K, Takeda M, Nakajima Y, et al. Keratin 19 as a key molecule in progression of human hepatocellular carcinomas through invasion and angiogenesis. BMC Cancer. 2016;16:903 pubmed..K19 directly promotes cancer cell survival, invasion, and angiogenesis, resulting in HCC progression and poor clinical outcome. K19 may therefore be a novel drug target for the treatment of K19-positive HCC. ..
- Niu X, Chang W, Liu R, Hou R, Li J, Wang C, et al. Expression of pro-angiogenic genes in mesenchymal stem cells derived from dermis of patients with psoriasis. Int J Dermatol. 2016;55:e280-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, anti-angiogenesis is attractive and offers future potential for application in patients with psoriasis. ..
- Jia P, Cai H, Liu X, Chen J, Ma J, Wang P, et al. Long non-coding RNA H19 regulates glioma angiogenesis and the biological behavior of glioma-associated endothelial cells by inhibiting microRNA-29a. Cancer Lett. 2016;381:359-69 pubmed publisher..In addition, miR-29a targeted 3'-UTR region of vasohibin 2 (VASH2) and decreased its expression. VASH2 has been identified as an angiogenic factor...
- Zhang M, Song F, Liang L, Nan H, Zhang J, Liu H, et al. Genome-wide association studies identify several new loci associated with pigmentation traits and skin cancer risk in European Americans. Hum Mol Genet. 2013;22:2948-59 pubmed publisher..0 × 10(-8); P = 6.6 × 10(-7) in the discovery set and P = 3.0 × 10(-3) in the replication set) and rs8015138 upstream of GNG2 (P = 6.6 × 10(-8); P = 5.3 × 10(-7) in the discovery set and P = 0.01 in the replication set). ..
- Suzuki Y, Kitahara S, Suematsu T, Oshima M, Sato Y. Requisite role of vasohibin-2 in spontaneous gastric cancer formation and accumulation of cancer-associated fibroblasts. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:2342-2351 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that VASH2 plays an important role in gastric tumor progression via the accumulation of CAF accompanying upregulation of EREG and IL-11 expression. ..
- Tu M, Lu C, Lv N, Wei J, Lu Z, Xi C, et al. Vasohibin 2 promotes human luminal breast cancer angiogenesis in a non-paracrine manner via transcriptional activation of fibroblast growth factor 2. Cancer Lett. 2016;383:272-281 pubmed publisherb>Vasohibin 2 (VASH2) is an angiogenic factor and cancer-related protein that acts via paracrine mechanisms...
- Ge Q, Zhou J, Tu M, Xue X, Li Z, Lu Z, et al. Nuclear vasohibin-2 promotes cell proliferation by inducing G0/G1 to S phase progression. Oncol Rep. 2015;34:1327-36 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, to the best of our knowledge, these results are the first clinical data indicating that nuclear VASH2, but not cytoplasmic VASH2, promotes cell proliferation by driving the cell cycle from the G0/G1 to SÂ phase. ..
- Xue X, Zhang Y, Zhi Q, Tu M, Xu Y, Sun J, et al. MiR200-upregulated Vasohibin 2 promotes the malignant transformation of tumors by inducing epithelial-mesenchymal transition in hepatocellular carcinoma. Cell Commun Signal. 2014;12:62 pubmed publisher..VASH2 promoted invasion, reduced apoptosis and increased the proportion of stem cells in vitro and in vivo. These results indicated that VASH2 expression in HCC cells promotes the malignant transformation of tumors by inducing EMT. ..
- Norita R, Suzuki Y, Furutani Y, Takahashi K, Yoshimatsu Y, Podyma Inoue K, et al. Vasohibin-2 is required for epithelial-mesenchymal transition of ovarian cancer cells by modulating transforming growth factor-? signaling. Cancer Sci. 2017;108:419-426 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that VASH2 played a significant role in the EMT by modulating the TGF-? signaling. We propose that VASH2 would be a novel molecular target for the prevention of EMT in cancers. ..
- Tu M, Li H, Lv N, Xi C, Lu Z, Wei J, et al. Vasohibin 2 reduces chemosensitivity to gemcitabine in pancreatic cancer cells via Jun proto-oncogene dependent transactivation of ribonucleotide reductase regulatory subunit M2. Mol Cancer. 2017;16:66 pubmed publisherb>Vasohibin 2 (VASH2) has previously been identified as an agiogenenic factor and a cancer related protein. Here we investigated the association of VASH2 expression and chemoresistance in pancreatic cancer...
- Ding Y, Hu Z, Luan J, Lv X, Yuan D, Xie P, et al. Protective effect of miR-200b/c by inhibiting vasohibin-2 in human retinal microvascular endothelial cells. Life Sci. 2017;191:245-252 pubmed publisher..It could be a potential therapeutic strategy to inhibit angiogenesis for the treatment of retinal vascular disease. ..
- Suenaga K, Kitahara S, Suzuki Y, Kobayashi M, Horie S, Sugawara J, et al. Role of the vasohibin family in the regulation of fetoplacental vascularization and syncytiotrophoblast formation. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e104728 pubmed publisher..Moreover, our study shows for the first time that VASH2 expressed in trophoblasts is involved in the regulation of cell fusion for syncytiotrophoblast formation. ..
- Nieuwenhuis J, Adamopoulos A, Bleijerveld O, Mazouzi A, Stickel E, Celie P, et al. Vasohibins encode tubulin detyrosinating activity. Science. 2017;358:1453-1456 pubmed publisher..Thus, vasohibins, hitherto studied as secreted angiogenesis regulators, constitute a long-sought missing link in the tubulin tyrosination cycle. ..
- Kadonosono T, Yimchuen W, Tsubaki T, Shiozawa T, Suzuki Y, Kuchimaru T, et al. Domain architecture of vasohibins required for their chaperone-dependent unconventional extracellular release. Protein Sci. 2017;26:452-463 pubmed publisher..This novel UPS regulatory system may open up new avenues for understanding fundamental protein secretion in vertebrates. ..
- Ma D, Wu L, Li S, Sun Z, Wang K. Vasohibin2 promotes adriamycin resistance of breast cancer cells through regulating ABCG2 via AKT signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep. 2017;16:9729-9734 pubmed publisher..This suggests a novel therapeutic target to inhibit drug resistance in breast cancer, for a more efficient therapeutic outcome...
- Aillaud C, Bosc C, Peris L, Bosson A, Heemeryck P, Van Dijk J, et al. Vasohibins/SVBP are tubulin carboxypeptidases (TCPs) that regulate neuron differentiation. Science. 2017;358:1448-1453 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, knockdown of vasohibins disrupted neuronal migration in developing mouse neocortex. Thus, vasohibin/SVBP complexes represent long-sought TCP enzymes. ..
- Kim J, Kim K, Park J, Kim H, Sato Y, Kim H. Expression of vasohibin-2 in pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma promotes tumor progression and is associated with a poor clinical outcome. Hepatogastroenterology. 2015;62:251-6 pubmed..VASH2 may be an important novel target for the management of PDAC after surgery. ..
- Li Z, Tu M, Han B, Gu Y, Xue X, Sun J, et al. Vasohibin 2 decreases the cisplatin sensitivity of hepatocarcinoma cell line by downregulating p53. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e90358 pubmed publisher..Meanwhile, no consensus has been reached regarding the chemotherapeutic use of vasohibin 2 (VASH2), which promotes the angiogenesis and proliferation of cancer cells...