Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: VAMP3
Description: vesicle-associated membrane protein 3
Alias: CEB, VAMP-3, cellubrevin, synaptobrevin-3
Publications116 found, 100 shown here
- Identification of a cellubrevin/vesicle associated membrane protein 3 homologue in human plateletsA M Bernstein
Department of Biochemistry, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Chandler Medical Center, Lexington, KY 40536 0084, USA
Blood 93:571-9. 1999..Previous experiments using antibodies to synaptobrevin/vesicle associated membrane protein (VAMP) 1, 2, or rat cellubrevin failed to detect these v-SNAREs in human platelets, although membrane proteins from these cells could support ..
- A novel tetanus neurotoxin-insensitive vesicle-associated membrane protein in SNARE complexes of the apical plasma membrane of epithelial cellsT Galli
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unité Mixte de Recherche 144 Compartimentation et Dynamique Cellulaires, Institut Curie, F 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
Mol Biol Cell 9:1437-48. 1998..codistributed at the apical plasma membrane where they formed NEM-dependent SNARE complexes with TI-VAMP and cellubrevin. We suggest that TI-VAMP, SNAP23, and syntaxin 3 can participate in exocytotic processes at the apical plasma ..
- A SNARE complex mediating fusion of late endosomes defines conserved properties of SNARE structure and functionW Antonin
Department of Neurobiology, Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, 37077 Gottingen, Germany
EMBO J 19:6453-64. 2000..We conclude that the structure of core complexes and their molecular mechanism in membrane fusion is highly conserved between distant SNAREs...
- Syntaxin 13 mediates cycling of plasma membrane proteins via tubulovesicular recycling endosomesR Prekeris
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5428, USA
J Cell Biol 143:957-71. 1998..These results support a role for syntaxin 13 in membrane fusion events during the recycling of plasma membrane proteins...
- Interaction of Munc-18-2 with syntaxin 3 controls the association of apical SNAREs in epithelial cellsK Riento
Department of Biochemistry, National Public Health Institute, Mannerheimintie 166, FIN 00300, Helsinki, Finland
J Cell Sci 111:2681-8. 1998..Munc-18-2 bound to syntaxin 3 by overexpression results in a marked decrease in the SNARE proteins SNAP-23 and cellubrevin bound to the syntaxin...
- Early/recycling endosomes-to-TGN transport involves two SNARE complexes and a Rab6 isoformFrédéric Mallard
UMR144 Curie CNRS, Institut Curie, F 75248 Paris Cedex 05, France
J Cell Biol 156:653-64. 2002..putative t-SNAREs syntaxin 6, syntaxin 16, and Vti1a, and two early/recycling endosomal v-SNAREs, VAMP3/cellubrevin, and VAMP4...
- Vesicle-associated membrane protein 3 (VAMP-3) and VAMP-8 are present in human platelets and are required for granule secretionJanos Polgar
Cardiovascular Biology Laboratory, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Blood 100:1081-3. 2002..In contrast, rVAMP-2, which formed SNARE complexes in vitro, had no effect on platelet exocytosis. We conclude that VAMP-3 and VAMP-8 form SNARE complexes with platelet syntaxin 4 and are required for platelet granule secretion...
- SNARE proteins are critical for regulated exocytosis of ECP from human eosinophilsH J Hoffmann
Allergy and Lung Research Laboratory, University of Aarhus, Aarhus C, DK-8000, Denmark
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 282:194-9. 2001..amplified from a domain conserved among VAMP isoforms revealed identity only to VAMP-2 but not to VAMP-1 or cellubrevin. Functional experiments revealed that tetanus toxin pretreatment, which cleaved VAMP-2 in eosinophils, ..
- The exstrophy-epispadias complexAnne Karoline Ebert
Department of Pediatric Urology, University Medical Center Regensburg, Germany
Orphanet J Rare Dis 4:23. 2009..a spectrum of genitourinary malformations ranging in severity from epispadias (E) to classical bladder exstrophy (CEB) and exstrophy of the cloaca (EC)...
- Avian encephalomyelitis virus nonstructural protein 2C induces apoptosis by activating cytochrome c/caspase-9 pathwayJue Liu
Animal Health Biotechnology Unit, Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory, The National University of Singapore, 117604 Singapore
Virology 318:169-82. 2004..Expression of the protein 2C on chick embryo brain (CEB) and Cos-7 cells produced TUNEL-positive cells characterized by a cleavage of cellular DNA and the formation of ..
- The glucose transporter (GLUT-4) and vesicle-associated membrane protein-2 (VAMP-2) are segregated from recycling endosomes in insulin-sensitive cellsS Martin
Centre for Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Brisbane, Australia
J Cell Biol 134:625-35. 1996..VAMP-1, VAMP-2, and cellubrevin cDNAs were isolated from a 3T3-L1 adipocyte expression library...
- Association of N-ethylmaleimide sensitive fusion (NSF) protein and soluble NSF attachment proteins-alpha and -gamma with glucose transporter-4-containing vesicles in primary rat adipocytesC C Mastick
Department of Cell Biology, Parke Davis Pharmaceutical Research Division, Warner Lambert Company, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48105, USA
Endocrinology 138:2391-7. 1997..with 85% of the GLUT4 and 60% of the vesicle associated membrane proteins (VAMPs; synaptobrevins) VAMP-2 and cellubrevin in anti-GLUT4 immunoadsorptions...
- Cell adhesion alters gene transcription in chicken embryo brain cells and mouse embryonal carcinoma cellsV P Mauro
Department of Neurobiology, Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 91:2868-72. 1994..gene expression occur in embryonic cells as a consequence of changes in cellular aggregation, chicken embryo brain (CEB) cells isolated from 8-day embryos were allowed to aggregate or prevented from aggregating by treatment with anti-..
- Cellubrevin-targeted fluorescence uncovers heterogeneity in the recycling endosomesK Teter
Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, California 94720 3200, USA
J Biol Chem 273:19625-33. 1998..We have used another approach, one in which the vesicle transport protein cellubrevin was appended with a luminal IgG epitope to allow targeting of fluorescein-5'-isothiocyanate (FITC)-labeled anti-..
- Membrane-association properties of avian encephalomyelitis virus protein 3AJue Liu
Animal Health Biotechnology, Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory, The National University of Singapore, Singapore 117604, Singapore
Virology 321:297-306. 2004..Membrane-association property was assayed using chick embryo brain (CEB) cells transfected with the fusion GFP-3A and its various deletion mutants demonstrate that 3A is integrally ..
- Continuous epidural block versus continuous popliteal nerve block for postoperative pain relief after major podiatric surgery in children: a prospective, comparative randomized studyChristophe Dadure
Department of Anesthesia, Lapeyronie University Hospital, Montpellier, France
Anesth Analg 102:744-9. 2006..Adverse effects from opioids and continuous epidural block (CEB) limit their use in children...
- Vesicle-associated membrane protein 2 plays a specific role in the insulin-dependent trafficking of the facilitative glucose transporter GLUT4 in 3T3-L1 adipocytesL B Martin
Centre for Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Queensland, St Lucia, Australia
J Biol Chem 273:1444-52. 1998..from endosomal v-SNAREs (soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor attachment protein receptors) such as cellubrevin that are also expressed in adipocytes...
- Quantitative analysis of efficient endogenous gene silencing in Nicotiana benthamiana plants using tomato bushy stunt virus vectors that retain the capsid protein geneDaniela Pignatta
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Agroambientali, Bologna, Italy
Mol Plant Microbe Interact 20:609-18. 2007..vectors which retained the CP gene were developed by engineering an XhoI restriction site in three positions (3f, CEB, and CEA) of the pTBSV-100 infectious clone...
- The anti-ulcerogenic effects of Curatella americana LClelia Akiko Hiruma-Lima
São Paulo State University Departamento de Fisiologia, Instituto de Biociencias, CP 610, CEP 18618 000, UNESP, Botucatu, SP, Brazil
J Ethnopharmacol 121:425-32. 2009..Curatella americana L. (Dilleneaceae) is a medicinal plant very frequently cited as acting against gastrointestinal disorders in ethnopharmacological inventories of the Cerrado region of Brazil...
- Inhibition of phagocytosis in HIV-1-infected macrophages relies on Nef-dependent alteration of focal delivery of recycling compartmentsJulie Mazzolini
Institut Cochin, Universite Paris Descartes, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique Unite Mixte de Recherche 8104, Paris, France
Blood 115:4226-36. 2010..Finally, an alteration of the recruitment of vesicle-associated membrane protein (VAMP3)- and tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNFalpha)-positive recycling endosomes regulated by AP1, but not of VAMP7-..
- Characterization of insulin-responsive GLUT4 storage vesicles isolated from 3T3-L1 adipocytesM Hashiramoto
Centre for Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Mol Cell Biol 20:416-27. 2000..of two overlapping peaks: peak 2b contained recycling endosomal markers such as the transferrin receptor (TfR), cellubrevin, and Rab4, and peak 2a was enriched in TGN markers (syntaxin 6, the cation-dependent mannose 6-phosphate ..
- Role of SNARE's in the GLUT4 translocation response to insulin in adipose cells and muscleJ F St-Denis
Experimental Diabetes, Metabolism, and Nutrition Section, National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol 9:153-65. 1998..Several v- and t-SNARE's have been identified in adipose cells and muscle. VAMP2 and VAMP3/cellubrevin (v-SNARE's) have been shown to interact with the t-SNARE's syntaxin 4 and SNAP-23...
- In vitro propagation of Lilium longiflorum var. ceb-dazzle through direct somatic embryogenesisSolmaz Khosravi
Agricultural Biotechnology Research Institute of Iran ABRII, P O Box 31535 1897, Karaj, Iran
Pak J Biol Sci 10:2517-21. 2007..b>Ceb-Dazzle. The explants were surface sterilized and cultured on MS medium supplemented with 3% sucrose, 0...
- Cellubrevin is a ubiquitous tetanus-toxin substrate homologous to a putative synaptic vesicle fusion proteinH T McMahon
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas 75235
Nature 364:346-9. 1993..Here we describe a new synaptobrevin homologue, cellubrevin, that is present in all cells and tissues tested and demonstrate that it is a membrane trafficking protein of a ..
- ARF6 targets recycling vesicles to the plasma membrane: insights from an ultrastructural investigationE van Donselaar
Department of Cell Biology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
J Cell Biol 140:603-16. 1998..shown that the ARF6-containing intracellular compartment partially colocalized with transferrin receptors and cellubrevin and morphologically resembled the recycling endocytic compartment previously described in CHO cells...
- A role for Sec1/Munc18 proteins in platelet exocytosisTodd D Schraw
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, College of Medicine, University of Kentucky, 800 Rose Street, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Biochem J 374:207-17. 2003..Munc18b associates with a larger complex that contains synaptosome-associated protein of 23 kDa (SNAP-23) and cellubrevin/vesicle-associated membrane protein 3...
- Characterization of coated vesicles that participate in endocytic recyclingP J Peters
Section of Tumor Biology, The Netherlands Cancer Institute, 1066 CX Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Traffic 2:885-95. 2001..are carriers for endocytic recycling, because they are enriched for transferrin receptor and also the v-SNARE cellubrevin that functions in transport from the recycling endosome to the plasma membrane...
- A common mechanism for the regulation of vesicular SNAREs on phospholipid membranesKuang Hu
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology, Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 2QH, U K
Biochem J 377:781-5. 2004..Indeed, the restriction can be reproduced for two distinct v-SNARE homologues, synaptobrevin 2 and cellubrevin/VAMP3, by reconstituting them in pure liposomal membranes...
- Rehydration after exercise with fresh young coconut water, carbohydrate-electrolyte beverage and plain waterMohamed Saat
Department of Physiology, School of Medical Science, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
J Physiol Anthropol Appl Human Sci 21:93-104. 2002..study to assess the effectiveness of fresh young coconut water (CW), and carbohydrate-electrolyte beverage (CEB) compared with plain water (PW) for whole body rehydration and blood volume (BV) restoration during a 2 h ..
- Endobrevin/VAMP-8 is the primary v-SNARE for the platelet release reactionQiansheng Ren
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biochemistry, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, Lexington, KY 40536, USA
Mol Biol Cell 18:24-33. 2007..on t-SNAREs usage, it is unclear which Vesicle Associated Membrane Protein (VAMPs: synaptobrevin/VAMP-2, cellubrevin/VAMP-3, TI-VAMP/VAMP-7, and endobrevin/VAMP-8) is required...
- Targeting the epithelial SNARE machinery by bacterial neurotoxinsVeronique Proux-Gillardeaux
Jacques Monod Institute, University of Paris, Paris, France
Methods Mol Biol 440:187-201. 2008..Regarding the high sequence similarities between synaptobrevin and its nonneuronal homolog cellubrevin/VAMP3, different groups developed the use of TeNT to study cellubrevin (Cb)...
- Protection from 1-cyano-3,4-epithiobutane nephrotoxicity by aminooxyacetic acid and effect on xenobiotic-metabolizing enzymes in male Fischer 344 ratsJ L VanSteenhouse
Department of Veterinary Pathology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge 70803, USA
J Appl Toxicol 19:237-49. 19991-Cyano-3,4-epithiobutane (CEB), a naturally occurring nitrile derived from cruciferous plants, causes nephrotoxicity and increased renal glutathione (GSH) concentration in male F-344 rats...
- Sacral hiatus in relation to low back pain in south Indian populationVishal Kumar
Department of Anatomy, Kunhitharuvai Memorial Charitable Trust Medical College, Calicut, Kerala, India
Bratisl Lek Listy 110:436-41. 2009The study was designed to identify any association between the sacral hiatus of the dry sacral bones with that of patients with low back pain (LBP). The knowledge of the sacral hiatus is important in caudal epidural block (CEB).
- Identification of the 1-cyano-3,4-epithiobutane-derived urinary mercapturic acid N-acetyl-S-(4-cyano-2-thio-1-butyl)-cysteine in male Fischer 344 ratsJ L VanSteenhouse
Department of Veterinary Pathology, School of Veterinary Medicine, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA 70803, USA
J Appl Toxicol 20:1-10. 20001-Cyano-3,4-epithiobutane (CEB), a naturally occurring nitrile derived from cruciferous plants, causes nephrotoxicity in male Fischer 344 rats. Nephrotoxicity induced by CEB is dependent on glutathione (GSH) conjugation and bioactivation...
- Vascular endothelial cell lineage-specific promoter in transgenic miceT M Schlaeger
Roche Institute of Molecular Biology, Roche Research Center, Nutley, New Jersey 07110 1199, USA
Development 121:1089-98. 1995..These ES cells were able to differentiate in vitro to form cystic embryoid bodies (CEB) that contain endothelial cells determined by PECAM immunohistochemistry...
- Analysis by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry of the essential oil from the aerial parts of Pimpinella junoniae Ceb. & Ort., gathered in La Gomera, Canary Islands, SpainA Velasco-Negueruela
Departamento de Biología Vegetal I Botánica, Facultad de Biologia, Universidad Complutense, 28040 Madrid, Spain
J Chromatogr A 1011:241-4. 2003The essential oil from the aerial parts of Pimpinella junoniae Ceb. & Ort., growing in La Gomera, Canary Islands, Spain, was studied by gas chromatography and gas chromatography-mass spectrometry, and 43 constituents were identified...
- Morphological effects of wortmannin on the endosomal system and GLUT4-containing compartments in rat adipose cellsD Malide
Experimental Diabetes, Metabolism, and Nutrition Section, Diabetes Branch, NIDDK, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Cell Sci 110:2795-806. 1997..induces the appearance of phase-lucent vacuoles containing the endosomal markers TfR, Rab4, M6PR, and cellubrevin. When added before or with insulin, wortmannin blocks insulin-stimulated GLUT4 translocation, but does not ..
- Efficacy of relaxation, backflushing, chemical cleaning and clogging removal for an immersed hollow fibre membrane bioreactorT Zsirai
Cranfield Water Science Institute, Cranfield University, Bedfordshire MK43 0AL, United Kingdom
Water Res 46:4499-507. 2012..at full-scale to assess the relative influence of backflushing, relaxation, chemical enhanced backflushing (CEB) and declogging on permeability decline and recovery...
- Specificity of botulinum protease for human VAMP family proteinsHideyuki Yamamoto
Department of Veterinary Science, Graduate School of Life and Environmental Sciences, Osaka Prefecture University, Izumisano, Osaka 598 8531, Japan
Microbiol Immunol 56:245-53. 2012..analysis revealed that all LC have higher affinity and catalytic activity for the non-neuronal SNARE isoform VAMP3 than for the neuronal VAMP1 and 2 isoforms...
- Contraceptive use: implication for completed fertility, parity progression and maternal nutritional status in NigeriaStephen A Adebowale
Department of Epidemiology, Medical Statistics and Environmental Health, Faculty of Public Health, College of Medicine, University of Ibadan, Ibadan, Nigeria
Afr J Reprod Health 15:60-7. 2011..The mean age of the women and CEB were 46.8 +/- 1.5 years and 6.9 +/- 3.1 respectively. About 26.0% of the women ever used contraception, while 9...
- Resonant magnetic exciton mode in the heavy-fermion antiferromagnet CeB₆G Friemel
Max Planck Institut fur Festkorperforschung, Heisenbergstraße 1, Stuttgart 70569, Germany
Nat Commun 3:830. 2012..we report the discovery of a similar resonant mode in the non-superconducting antiferromagnetic heavy-fermion metal CeB(6)...
- VAMP8 is a vesicle SNARE that regulates mucin secretion in airway goblet cellsLisa C Jones
Cystic Fibrosis Pulmonary Research and Treatment Centre, The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 4029A Thurston Bowles Building, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7248, USA
J Physiol 590:545-62. 2012..Unlike VAMP8 silencing, knockdown of VAMP2 or VAMP3 did not affect mucin secretion...
- Resonant inelastic x-ray scattering of CeB(6) at the Ce L(1)- and L(3)-edgesLijia Liu
Department of Chemistry, University of Western Ontario, London, Ontario N6A 5B7, Canada
J Chem Phys 136:194501. 2012We report a resonant inelastic x-ray scattering (RIXS) study of crystalline CeB(6). Ce L(α1,2) RIXS was measured with excitation energies resonant with the Ce L(3)-edge...
- Effect of temporary spinal cord stimulation on postherpetic neuralgia in the thoracic nerve areaKazuhide Moriyama
Department of Pain Medicine, Hyogo College of Medicine, Nishinomiya, Hyogo, Japan
Neuromodulation 12:39-43. 2009..Materials and Methods. We performed continuous epidural blocks (CEB) on 52 patients with severe persistent pain of postherpetic neuralgia in the thoracic nerve area, and also inserted ..
- Resveratrol attenuates inflammation and stricture formation in experimental caustic esophageal burnsS Uguralp
Faculty of Medicine, Department of Pediatric Surgery, Turgut Ozal Medical Center, Inonu University, 44069 Malatya, Turkey
Pediatr Surg Int 24:425-30. 2008The purpose of medical treatment in the caustic esophageal burns (CEB) is to decrease inflammatory reaction and to prevent stricture formation. Resveratrol has anti-inflammatory and antifibrotic properties...
- Detection of the cardiac activation sequence by novel echocardiographic tissue tracking methodDan Rappaport
Department of Biomedical Engineering, Technion IIT Technion City, Haifa, Israel
Ultrasound Med Biol 33:880-93. 2007..A tissue tracking method (CEB, GE-Ultrasound, AFI, GE Healthcare Inc., Wauwatosa, WI, USA) provided the regional strain profiles...
- Angiotensin II stimulates vacuolar H+ -ATPase activity in renal acid-secretory intercalated cells from the outer medullary collecting ductFlorina Rothenberger
Institute of Physiology and Centre for Integrative Human Physiology, University of Zurich, Winterthurerstrasse 190, Zurich, Switzerland
J Am Soc Nephrol 18:2085-93. 2007..Disruption of the microtubular network and cleavage of cellubrevin attenuated the stimulation...
- Membrane fusion by VAMP3 and plasma membrane t-SNAREsChuan Hu
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, West Virginia University Health Sciences Center, Morgantown, WV 26506, USA
Exp Cell Res 313:3198-209. 2007..VAMP3/cellubrevin is a v-SNARE that resides in recycling endosomes and endosome-derived transport vesicles...
- Pictures of microbiology -- the biofilm imaging facility under Dr. David C. WhiteRobert J Palmer
Oral Biofilm Communication Unit, Oral Infection and Immunity Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health Bldg 30, Room 310 30 Convent Drive Bethesda MD 20892, United States
J Microbiol Methods 74:5-9. 2008..joy of working with DC and, from my perspective, that means telling how the Biofilm Imaging Facility at the Center for Environmental Biotechnology (CEB) came into existence and describing some of the projects on which DC and I worked.
- A syntaxin 10-SNARE complex distinguishes two distinct transport routes from endosomes to the trans-Golgi in human cellsIan G Ganley
Department of Biochemistry, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
J Cell Biol 180:159-72. 2008..that a soluble NSF attachment protein receptor (SNARE) complex comprised of syntaxin 10 (STX10), STX16, Vti1a, and VAMP3 is required for this MPR transport but not for the STX6-dependent transport of TGN46 or cholera toxin from early ..
- Suitability of two laboratory testing methods to evaluate the side effects of pesticides on Typhlodromus pyri Scheuten (Acari: Phytoseiidae)Romain Bonafos
SupAgro Montpellier, Centre de Transfert, Domaine de La Valette 900, rue Jean François Breton, 34090 Montpellier Cedex 1, France
Pest Manag Sci 64:178-84. 2008Laboratory results of the French ANPP/CEB guideline No...
- Exocytosis of endothelial cells is regulated by N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factorMunekazu Yamakuchi
Department of Medicine, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
Methods Mol Biol 440:203-15. 2008..These techniques have revealed that syntaxin 4, synaptobrevin 3, and N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor (NSF) play a critical role in endothelial granule exocytosis...
- Unusual spectral renormalization in hexaboridesSwapnil Patil
Department of Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Homi Bhabha Road, Colaba, Mumbai 400005, India
J Phys Condens Matter 23:495601. 2011..Experimental results of CeB(6), a dense Kondo system, exhibit the growth of the features near the Fermi level with the decrease in temperature ..
- Selective regulation of the perinuclear distribution of glucose transporter 4 (GLUT4) by insulin signals in muscle cellsChandrasagar B Dugani
Cell Biology Program, The Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, ON, Canada
Eur J Cell Biol 87:337-51. 2008..of perinuclear vesicle-associated membrane protein-2 (VAMP2), without alteration of perinuclear TfR and VAMP3. Inhibitory mutants of phosphatidylinositol-3 kinase (Deltap85) or Akt substrate AS160 (AS160-4P) prevented ..
- A role for the CHC22 clathrin heavy-chain isoform in human glucose metabolismStéphane Vassilopoulos
Department of Bioengineering and Therapeutic Sciences, University of California, School of Pharmacy, San Francisco UCSF, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Science 324:1192-6. 2009..Thus, CHC22-dependent membrane trafficking constitutes a species-restricted pathway in human muscle and fat with potential implications for type 2 diabetes...
- Stimulation of GLUT4 (glucose transporter isoform 4) storage vesicle formation by sphingolipid depletionZhi jie Cheng
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Mayo Clinic College of Medicine, Rochester, MN 55905, USA
Biochem J 427:143-50. 2010..translocation of VAMP2 (vesicle-associated membrane protein 2), but not the transferrin receptor or cellubrevin, indicating that the effect of glycosphingolipids was specific to VAMP2-positive GSVs...
- Comprehensive analysis of expression, subcellular localization, and cognate pairing of SNARE proteins in oligodendrocytesAnke Feldmann
Department of Biology, Molecular Cell Biology, University of Mainz, Mainz, Germany
J Neurosci Res 87:1760-72. 2009..Expression of the plasma membrane Q-SNAREs syntaxin 3, syntaxin 4, SNAP23, and the endosomal R-SNARE VAMP3/cellubrevin increased with oligodendroglial maturation, while the expression of SNAP29 decreased...
- Hodgkin lymphoma in older patients: an uncommon disease in need of studyAndrew M Evens
Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, Chicago, Illinois 60611, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 22:1369-79. 2008..Oncovin], procarbazine [Matulane], prednisone) is poorly tolerated, whereas less-intensive regimens such as CVP/CEB (chlorambucil [Leukeran], vinblastine, procarbazine, prednisone, cyclophosphamide, etoposide, bleomycin) and ChlVPP ..
- A method for the growth and recovery of 17 species of Campylobacter and its subsequent application to inoculated beefO A Lynch
Ashtown Food Research Centre, Teagasc, Ashtown, Dublin 15, Ireland
J Microbiol Methods 83:1-7. 2010..Enrichment media including Campylobacter Enrichment Broth (CEB) and Bolton Broth were tested against a panel of Campylobacter strains (n=53) encompassing 17 species and 3 ..
- Rap2 function requires palmitoylation and recycling endosome localizationYukiko Uechi
Division of Cell Biology, Graduate School of Medicine, University of the Ryukyus, Okinawa, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 378:732-7. 2009..These observations implicate the involvement of palmitoylation and recycling endosome localization in cellular functions of Rap2 proteins...
- Lamellipodium extension and membrane ruffling require different SNARE-mediated trafficking pathwaysMichael Skalski
Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology, University of Guleph, Guelph, ON N1G 2W1, Canada
BMC Cell Biol 11:62. 2010..Here, the functions of several SNAREs (SNAP23, VAMP3, VAMP4 and syntaxin13) are characterized during the processes of cell spreading and membrane ruffling.
- Dry autoclaving for the nanofabrication of sulfides, selenides, borides, phosphides, nitrides, carbides, and oxidesVilas G Pol
Kanbar Laboratory for Nanomaterials at the Bar Ilan University, Center for Advanced Materials and Nanotechnology, Bar Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel
Adv Mater 23:1179-90. 2011..carbides (SiC, Mo(2) C, WC), oxides (VOx-C, ZnO, Eu(2) O(3) , Fe(3) O(4) , MoO(2) ), hexaborides (LaB(6) , CeB(6) , NdB(6) , SmB(6) , EuB(6) , GdB(6) ), nitrides (TiN, NbN, TaN), phosphides (PtP(2) , WP), sulfides (ZnS, FeS/C, ..
- Selective reduction of central pulse pressure under angiotensin blockage in SHR: role of the fibronectin-alpha5beta1 integrin complexAugustine Kakou
INSERM, Nancy, France
Am J Hypertens 22:711-7. 2009..that, independently of blood pressure (BP) level, stroke prevention is influenced mainly by calcium-entry blockers (CEB) and cardiac risk prevention by angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors (ACEIs)...
- Cellobiose is extensively digested in the small intestine by beta-galactosidase in ratsTatsuya Morita
Department of Applied Biological Chemistry, Faculty of Agriculture, Shizuoka University, Shizuoka, Japan
Nutrition 24:1199-204. 2008The bioavailability of cellobiose (CEB) was investigated with respect to small intestinal digestibility and cecal fermentation in rats...
- Interaction of energy balance, feed efficiency, early lactation health events, and fertility in first-lactation Holstein, Jersey, and reciprocal F1 crossbred cowsK M Olson
Department of Dairy Science, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Blacksburg 24061, USA
J Dairy Sci 94:507-11. 2011..An occurrence of MAST decreased FE15 by 5.2±2.2%. Mastitis also decreased CEI15 and CEL15, but the compensatory reductions left the CEB15 unaffected. An occurrence of a DA decreased CEI15 and an incidence of KET decreased CEB15...
- Diagnosis and treatment of high-risk metastatic gestational trophoblastic neoplasia in HungaryVilmos Fulop
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, State Health Center and Gyula Nyírö Hospital, Budapest, Hungary
J Reprod Med 53:541-6. 2008..To review results in treatment of high-risk metastatic gestational trophoblastic neoplasia (GTN) in Hungary...
- Glucose-dependent changes in SNARE protein levels in pancreatic β-cellsBenjamín Torrejón-Escribano
Departamento de Patologia i Terapèutica Experimental, Institut d Investigació Biomèdica de Bellvitge Universitat de Barcelona, Laboratori 4145, Campus de Bellvitge, Edifici del Pavelló de Govern, c Feixa Llarga s n, 08907 L Hospitalet de Llobregat, Barcelona, Spain
Endocrinology 152:1290-9. 2011..factor attachment protein receptor (SNARE) proteins synaptobrevin/vesicle-associated membrane protein 2 and cellubrevin but minor or no significant changes in the expression of the membrane-associated target-SNARE proteins ..
- Age and gender related differences in human parotid gland gene expressionAlaka Srivastava
Center for Oral Biology, Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, University of Rochester Medical Center, Rochester, NY 14642, USA
Arch Oral Biol 53:1058-70. 2008..The present study evaluated differences in gene expression associated with age and gender in the human parotid gland...
- Identification of the amino acid residues rendering TI-VAMP insensitive toward botulinum neurotoxin BStefan Sikorra
Institut fur Biochemie, OE 4310 Medizinische Hochschule Hannover, D 30623 Hannover, Germany
J Mol Biol 357:574-82. 2006..Except for VAMP-1, VAMP-2, and Cellubrevin, no other member of the VAMP family represents a substrate for these neurotoxins...
- Cellubrevin is a resident protein of insulin-sensitive GLUT4 glucose transporter vesicles in 3T3-L1 adipocytesA Volchuk
Division of Cell Biology, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
J Biol Chem 270:8233-40. 1995..b>Cellubrevin is a recently identified endosomal protein that may be involved in the reexocytosis of recycling endosomes...
- Cellubrevin alterations and Mycobacterium tuberculosis phagosome maturation arrestRutilio A Fratti
Department of Microbiology, University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
J Biol Chem 277:17320-6. 2002..In this work, we report that cellubrevin, a v-SNARE functioning in endosomal recycling and implicated in endosomal interactions with post-Golgi ..
- SNARE proteins are critical for regulated exocytosis of ECP from human eosinophilsH J Hoffmann
Allergy and Lung Research Laboratory, University Hospital of Aarhus, DK-8000 Aarhus C, Denmark
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 280:172-6. 2001..amplified from a domain conserved among VAMP isoforms revealed identity only to VAMP-2 but not to VAMP-1 or cellubrevin. Functional experiments revealed that tetanus toxin pretreatment, which cleaved VAMP-2 in eosinophils, ..
- Comparison of three enrichment media for the isolation of Campylobacter spp. from foodsC L Baylis
Campden and Chorleywood Food Research Association, Chipping Campden, Gloucestershire, UK
J Appl Microbiol 89:884-91. 2000This study compared the performance of three Campylobacter enrichment broths: Bolton broth (BB), Campylobacter Enrichment broth (CEB) and Preston broth (PB).
- Balance and strength of elderly Chinese men and womenM T Liang
Division of Kinesiology Bowling Green State University, School of HPER, OH 43403, USA
J Nutr Health Aging 2:21-7. 1998..All subjects underwent the following tests: one-leg standing balance with eyes open (OEB) and eyes closed (CEB), timed sit-to-stand from a chair (STS), and repeated sit-to-stand from a chair for 30 sec (STS30)...
- Binding characteristics of CebR, the regulator of the ceb operon required for cellobiose/cellotriose uptake in Streptomyces reticuliA Schlosser
FB Biologie Chemie, Universitat Osnabruck, Germany
FEMS Microbiol Lett 190:127-32. 2000..cellulose to cellooligomers, cellobiose and cellotriose which are taken up by mycelia via an ABC transport system (Ceb) induced during growth with cellobiose or cellulose...
- Soluble NSF attachment protein receptors (SNAREs) in RBL-2H3 mast cells: functional role of syntaxin 4 in exocytosis and identification of a vesicle-associated membrane protein 8-containing secretory compartmentF Paumet
Unite d Immuno Allergie, Institut Pasteur, Paris, France
J Immunol 164:5850-7. 2000..Four VAMP proteins, i.e., VAMP2, cellubrevin, TI-VAMP, and VAMP8, were present on intracellular membrane structures, with VAMP8 residing mainly on mediator-..
- Tetanus toxin-mediated cleavage of cellubrevin inhibits proton secretion in the male reproductive tractS Breton
Renal Unit and Program in Membrane Biology, Massachusetts General Hospital, Charlestown 02129, USA
Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 278:F717-25. 2000..b>Cellubrevin, an analog of the vesicle soluble N-ethyl malemide-sensitive factor attachment protein (SNAP) receptor (v-SNARE)..
- Differential roles of syntaxin 7 and syntaxin 8 in endosomal traffickingR Prekeris
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Molecular and Cellular Physiology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305 5428, USA
Mol Biol Cell 10:3891-908. 1999..Although several SNAREs, including VAMP3/cellubrevin, VAMP8/endobrevin, syntaxin 13, and syntaxin 7, have been localized to the endosomal membranes, their precise ..
- A tubular endosomal fraction from rat liver: biochemical evidence of receptor sorting by defaultM Verges
Cardiovascular Research Institute and Department of Anatomy, Biochemistry, and Biophysics, University of California, 513 Parnassus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94143 0452, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 96:10146-51. 1999..RRC was very rich in proteins previously shown to be associated with recycling endosomes, such as rab 11, cellubrevin, and endobrevin, but relatively poor in early endosome antigen 1...
- Characterization of the binding protein-dependent cellobiose and cellotriose transport system of the cellulose degrader Streptomyces reticuliA Schlosser
FB Biologie Chemie, Universitat Osnabruck, D 49069 Osnabruck, Germany
Appl Environ Microbiol 65:2636-43. 1999..The gene for the ATP binding protein MsiK is not linked to the ceb operon...
- A plethora of presynaptic proteins associated with ATP-storing organelles in cultured astrocytesV Maienschein
Biozentrum der J W Goethe Universität, AK Neurochemie, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Glia 26:233-44. 1999..II, synaptotagmin I, synaptophysin, rab3a, synapsin I, SNAP-25, and syntaxin I) and also of the ubiquitous cellubrevin. As revealed by immunoblotting the expression of synaptic proteins was highest within the first few days after ..
- Application of conductance techniques to the detection of thermophilic Campylobacter spp. in river waterC Thomas
Microbiology Department, School of Applied Sciences, University of Wolverhampton, UK
FEMS Microbiol Lett 168:99-104. 1998A study of basal medal identified Campylobacter enrichment broth, with (CEB+) and without (CEB) antibiotic supplement, as a suitable medium for the detection and enumeration of Campylobacter jejuni, C. coli and C...
- A novel synaptobrevin/VAMP homologous protein (VAMP5) is increased during in vitro myogenesis and present in the plasma membraneQ Zeng
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, Singapore 117609, Singapore
Mol Biol Cell 9:2423-37. 1998..the carboxyl terminus and exhibits an overall amino acid identity of 33% with synaptobrevin/VAMP1 and 2 and cellubrevin. Northern blot analysis reveals that the mRNA for VAMP5 is preferentially expressed in the skeletal muscle and ..
- Water channel-carrying vesicles in the rat IMCD contain cellubrevinN Franki
Department of Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
Am J Physiol 269:C797-801. 1995..In recent studies, we have shown that cellubrevin, a member of the vesicle-associated membrane protein family, as well as other docking proteins, are expressed ..
- Effects of calcium entry blockers on distribution of blood volumeS Oren
Department of Internal Medicine, Ochsner Clinic, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA
Am J Hypertens 9:628-32. 1996To evaluate the effects on hemodynamics and the distribution of blood volume of various calcium entry blocker (CEB) agents, we invasively studied 24 hypertensive patients before and after treatment with isradipine, diltiazem, and ..
- Identification and characterization of a RING zinc finger gene (C-RZF) expressed in chicken embryo cellsP Tranque
Department of Neurobiology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:3105-9. 1996To identify changes in gene expression that occur in chicken embryo brain (CEB) cells as a consequence of their binding to the extracellular matrix molecule cytotactin/tenascin (CT/TN), a subtractive hybridization cloning strategy was ..
- Thermophilic Campylobacter spp. in turkey samples: evaluation of two automated enzyme immunoassays and conventional microbiological techniquesB Borck
Danish Veterinary Laboratory, Hangøvej 2, DK 8200 Aarhus N, Denmark
J Appl Microbiol 92:574-82. 2002..To determine the sensitivity and specificity of two automated enzyme immunoassays (EIA), EiaFoss and Minividas, and a conventional microbiological culture technique for detecting thermophilic Campylobacter spp. in turkey samples...
- Insulin but not PDGF relies on actin remodeling and on VAMP2 for GLUT4 translocation in myoblastsDora Torok
Programme in Cell Biology, The Hospital for Sick Children, 555 University Avenue, Toronto, ON, M5G 1X8, Canada
J Cell Sci 117:5447-55. 2004..Moreover, transfection of tetanus toxin light chain, which cleaves the v-SNAREs VAMP2 and VAMP3, reduced insulin-induced GLUT4myc translocation by >70% but did not affect the PDGF response...
- ACAP1 promotes endocytic recycling by recognizing recycling sorting signalsJun Dai
Division of Rheumatology, Immunology, and Allergy, Brigham and Women s Hospital, Department of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Dev Cell 7:771-6. 2004..Taken together, these findings indicate that ACAP1 promotes cargo sorting by recognizing recycling sorting signals...
- Large scale protein identification in intracellular aquaporin-2 vesicles from renal inner medullary collecting ductMaria Barile
Laboratory of Kidney and Electrolyte Metabolism and Proteomics Core Facility, NHLBI, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell Proteomics 4:1095-106. 2005..These results show that AQP2-containing vesicles are heterogeneous and that intracellular AQP2 resides chiefly in endosomes, trans-Golgi network, and rough endoplasmic reticulum...
- The cytoplasmic domain of Vamp4 and Vamp5 is responsible for their correct subcellular targeting: the N-terminal extenSion of VAMP4 contains a dominant autonomous targeting signal for the trans-Golgi networkQi Zeng
Institute of Molecular and Cell Biology, 30 Medical Drive, Singapore 117609, Singapore
J Biol Chem 278:23046-54. 2003..The Vamp subfamily of SNAREs contains 7 members (Vamp1, Vamp2, Vamp3/cellubrevin, Vamp4, Vamp5, Vamp7/Ti-Vamp, and Vamp8/endobrevin) that are distributed in various post-Golgi structures...
- Food competition and social experience effects on V1a receptor binding in the forebrain of male Long-Evans hooded ratsAlicia Askew
Center for Behavioral Neuroscience, Morris Brown College, Atlanta, GA 30314, USA
Horm Behav 49:328-36. 2006..MPOA), bed nucleus of the stria terminalis (BNST), anterior hypothalamus (AH), and central/basolateral amygdala (CeB). Serum concentration of testosterone (T) and corticosterone (CORT) was also measured...
- Expression and allocation of proteins of the exo-endocytotic machinery in U373 glioma cells: similarities to long-term cultured astrocytesWalter Volknandt
Biozentrum der J W Goethe Universität, AK Neurochemie, Zoologisches Institut, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Cell Mol Neurobiol 22:153-69. 2002..marker glial fibrillary acidic protein, microtubule-associated protein 2, the v-SNAREs VAMP I, VAMP II, and cellubrevin and the t-SNAREs syntaxin I, SNAP-23, and SNAP-25. 3...
- Landmarks of the sacral hiatus for caudal epidural block: an anatomical studyN Senoglu
Department of Anesthesiology, KSU Medical School, 46050 Kahramanmaras, Turkey
Br J Anaesth 95:692-5. 2005This study determined the landmarks for caudal epidural block (CEB) after morphometric measurements of the sacral hiatus on dry sacral bones...
- A role for the phagosome in cytokine secretionRachael Z Murray
Institute for Molecular Bioscience, University of Queensland, Brisbane, Queensland 4072, Australia
Science 310:1492-5. 2005..Fusion of the RE at the cup simultaneously allows rapid release of TNFalpha and expands the membrane for phagocytosis...
- [Cervical epidural anesthesia for upper extremity surgery using three different formulations of local anesthetics]Uriah Guevara-López
Division de Investigacion, UMAE Magdalena de las Salinas, IMSS, Instituto Nacional de Ciencias Medicas y Nutricion Salvador Zubiran
Cir Cir 73:273-81. 2005To evaluate the efficiency and safety of the cervical epidural blockade (CEB) in upper extremity surgery, using lidocaine 2%, bupivacaine 5% and a mixture of both local analgesics.
- An anatomic study of the sacral hiatus: a basis for successful caudal epidural blockMiho Sekiguchi
Department of Orthopedic Surgery, Fukushima Medical University, School of Medicine, 1 Hikarigaoka, Fukushima City, Fukushima 960 1295, Japan
Clin J Pain 20:51-4. 2004..An anatomic study of the sacral hiatus using isolated sacra...
- Avian encephalomyelitis virus induces apoptosis via major structural protein VP3Jue Liu
Animal Health Biotechnology Laboratory, Institute of Molecular Agrobiology, The National University of Singapore, 1 Research Link, 117604, Singapore
Virology 300:39-49. 2002..AEV structural protein genes VP1, VP2, and VP3 were transfected into Cos-7 and chick embryo brain (CEB) cells, respectively...
- Molecular components of the exocytotic machinery in the rat pituitary glandG Jacobsson
Department of Neuroscience, Karolinska Institute, Stockholm, Sweden
Endocrinology 137:5344-56. 1996..signal for synaptotagmin I, cysteine string protein (CSP), VAMP-2 (vesicle-associated membrane protein), cellubrevin, munc-18 (mammalian homologue of unc-18), SNAP-25a (synaptosomal-associated protein of 25 kDa), syntaxin 1A, ..
- Pantophysin is a ubiquitously expressed synaptophysin homologue and defines constitutive transport vesiclesN K Haass
Division of Cell Biology, German Cancer Research Center, Heidelberg, Federal Republic of Germany
J Cell Biol 134:731-46. 1996..with immunoisolation, these vesicles are enriched in a light fraction and shown to contain the cellular vSNARE cellubrevin and the ubiquitous SCAMPs in epithelial cells and synaptophysin in neuroendocrine or cDNA-transfected ..
- A low-molecular-weight antagonist for the human thyrotropin receptor with therapeutic potential for hyperthyroidismSusanne Neumann
National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases, Clinical Endocrinology Branch, National Institutes of Health, 50 South Drive, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 8029, USA
Endocrinology 149:5945-50. 2008..We identified an antagonist (NIDDK/CEB-52) that selectively inhibits activation of TSHR by both TSH and TsAbs...
- Hyperacidification and Pseudomonas infections in CFVojo Deretic; Fiscal Year: 2006..In addition, we have observed that another intracellular organelle, the cellubrevin-labeled recycling endosome, is also hyperacidified in CF respiratory epithelial cells...
- NEW PATHWAY LIMITS CELLULAR CHOLESTEROL CONTENTPhoebe Fielding; Fiscal Year: 2000..In the last Specific Aim, the identity of a factor, possibly related to cellubrevin, which targets intracellular cholesterol to the cell surface caveolae, will be established...
- Surveying protein partnerships and assembly with bipartite tetracysteine displayAlanna Schepartz; Fiscal Year: 2009..Aim 3.2 describes a related technique called complex-edited polymerization (CEB), in which ReAsH selectively polymerizes diaminobenzidine surrounding a distinct protein-protein complex...
- CELL MUTANTS DEFECTIVE IN CHOLESTEROL ESTER FORMATIONTa Yuan Chang; Fiscal Year: 2010..SubAim 1.2: To test the possibility that the v-SNAREs Vamp4/Vamp3 may contribute to LDL- CHOL transport between the NPC1 compartment and the Syntaxin 6-rich compartment. SubAim 1...
- M TUBERCULOSIS PHAGOSOMEMARCUS HORWITZ; Fiscal Year: 2002..or function of a select group of ras-GTPases (rab 4,5,7,9, and 11 and RhoD) and SNARE proteins (syntaxins 2-4, cellubrevin, and VAMP-2). The presence or absence of these proteins on the M...
- Inhibition of human neutrophil function by Francisella tularensisLee Ann H Allen; Fiscal Year: 2011..The results of this study may lead to new treatments to combat this severe and often fatal lung infection. ..
- Inhibition of human neutrophil function by Francisella tularensisLee Ann H Allen; Fiscal Year: 2010..The results of this study may lead to new treatments to combat this severe and often fatal lung infection. ..
- Inhibition of human neutrophil function by Francisella tularensisLEE ANN ALLEN; Fiscal Year: 2009..The results of this study may lead to new treatments to combat this severe and often fatal lung infection. ..
- Targeting the Mitochondria to Treat Lymphoma and MyelomaAndrew Evens; Fiscal Year: 2007..These investigations will be significant, as they are expected to provide a new target for the treatment of hematologic malignancies and will advance the fundamental understanding of oxidative stress and apoptosis. ..
- INTERACTION OF HELICOBACTER PYLORI WITH PHAGOCYTESLEE ANN ALLEN; Fiscal Year: 2003..A complete dissection of this process at the molecular level may lead to novel therapies for treatment of H. pylori infection and reduce the significant morbidity associated with ulcer disease. ..
- Structure and Function of a Platelet SNARE ComplexSteven Freedman; Fiscal Year: 2003..These studies will be fundamentally important to our understanding of alpha granule secretion in platelets, and will contribute significantly to SNARE protein biology by providing insight into the specificity of membrane fusion. ..