Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: USP9Y
Description: ubiquitin specific peptidase 9, Y-linked
Alias: DFFRY, SPGFY2, deubiquitinating enzyme FAF-Y, fat facets protein-related, Y-linked, ubiquitin specific peptidase 9, Y-linked (fat facets-like, Drosophila), ubiquitin thioesterase FAF-Y, ubiquitin thiolesterase FAF-Y, ubiquitin-specific processing protease FAF-Y, ubiquitin-specific protease 9, Y chromosome, ubiquitin-specific-processing protease FAF-Y
Publications230 found, 100 shown here
- The Drosophila developmental gene fat facets has a human homologue in Xp11.4 which escapes X-inactivation and has related sequences on Yq11.2M H Jones
University of Cambridge, Department of Pathology, UK
Hum Mol Genet 5:1695-701. 1996..4 and Yq11.2 respectively. These two loci have been termed DFFRX and DFFRY for Drosophila fat facets related X and Y...
- A preliminary report on the implication of RT-PCR detection of DAZ, RBMY1, USP9Y and Protamine-2 mRNA in testicular biopsy samples from azoospermic menA Friel
National Diagnostics Centre, BioResearch Ireland, National University of Ireland, Galway, UK
Int J Androl 25:59-64. 2002..reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) was optimized to analyse the presence of DAZ, RBMY1, USP9Y, protamine-2, SRY and actin messenger RNA (mRNA) in testicular cells of men suffering from idiopathic azoospermia...
- Analysis of Yq microdeletions in infertile males by PCR and DNA hybridization techniquesP Grimaldi
Cattedra di Anatomia, , , Italy
Mol Hum Reprod 4:1116-21. 1998....
- Adrenocorticotropic hormone and cAMP inhibit noninactivating K+ current in adrenocortical cells by an A-kinase-independent mechanism requiring ATP hydrolysisJ J Enyeart
Department of Pharmacology, Ohio State University, College of Medicine, Columbus 43210 1239, USA
J Gen Physiol 108:251-64. 1996..The simultaneous activation of A-kinase- and Ca(2+)-dependent pathways produces the full steroidogenic response...
- Male infertility: polymerase chain reaction-based deletion mapping of genes on the human chromosomeN Viswambharan
School of Biotechnology, Dr G R Damodaran College of Science, Civil Aerodrome Post, Coimbatore 641014, Tamil Nadu, India
Singapore Med J 48:1140-2. 2007..Several genes located in AZF regions for spermatogenesis is viewed as "AZF candidate genes". This study aims at PCR-based rapid analysis of Y chromosome microdeletion, which is a cause for male infertility...
- Dual mechanisms of regulation of transcription of luteinizing hormone receptor gene by nuclear orphan receptors and histone deacetylase complexesYing Zhang
Molecular Endocrinology Section, Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development NIH, 49 Convent Drive, Building 49, Room 6A 36, Bethesda, MD 20892 4510, USA
J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol 85:401-14. 2003....
- Genetics of human male infertilityJ Poongothai
Computational Engineering and Networking Department, Amrita Viswha Vidyapeetham, Ettimadai, Coimbatore 638107, Tamil Nadu, India
Singapore Med J 50:336-47. 2009..The introduction of molecular techniques has provided great insight into the genetics of infertility. Yet, our understanding of the genetic causes of male infertility remains limited...
- [Genetics and male infertility]K Stouffs
Departement voor Embryologie en Genetica, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Brussel
Verh K Acad Geneeskd Belg 71:115-39. 2009..This low frequency of mutations has also been confirmed in several published studies. Therefore, further research is necessary to determine the impact of genetic causes on male infertility...
- [Sex chromosomes and male infertility]Yi Chao Shi
Center of Reproduction and Genetics, PLA Research Institute of Clinical Laboratory Medicine, Nanjing University School of Medicine Nanjing General Hospital of Nanjing Military Region, Nanjing, Jiangsu 210002, China
Zhonghua Nan Ke Xue 16:460-7. 2010..Many researches have been conducted on the relationship between spermatogenesis and the genes on the X chromosome, but the involvement of the X chromosome in male infertility remains less understood and deserves further characterization...
- Genetics of azoospermia: current knowledge, clinical implications, and future directions. Part II: Y chromosome microdeletionsHossein Sadeghi-Nejad
Department of Urology, Hackensack University Medical Center, Hackensack, New Jersey, USA
Urol J 4:192-206. 2007..We reviewed the most recent advances in the genetics of male infertility focusing on Y chromosome microdeletions...
- Cytogenetic and Y chromosome microdeletion screening studies in infertile males with Oligozoospermia and Azoospermia in Southeast TurkeyM Balkan
Department of Medical Biology and Genetic, Medical Faculty, University of Dicle, 21280, Diyarbakir, Turkey
J Assist Reprod Genet 25:559-65. 2008....
- Y chromosome microdeletions and alterations of spermatogenesisC Foresta
University of Padova, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Clinica Medica 3, 35128 Padua, Italy
Endocr Rev 22:226-39. 2001..Deletions in these regions remove one or more of the candidate genes (DAZ, RBMY, USP9Y, and DBY) and cause severe testiculopathy leading to male infertility...
- Screening for AZF deletion in a large series of severely impaired spermatogenesis patientsM C Martinez
Equipo IVI Murcia, Spain
J Androl 21:651-5. 2000..Because men with severe infertility suffer a high risk of Y chromosome deletion, screening for these men is recommended prior to treatment with assisted reproduction...
- Laminin reduces expression of the human alpha6 integrin subunit gene by altering the level of the transcription factors Sp1 and Sp3Manon Gaudreault
Oncology and Molecular Endocrinology Research Center and the
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 48:3490-505. 2007..Laminin is recognized by receptors (alpha6beta1 and alpha6beta4) that belong to the integrin family. The authors characterized the regulatory influence exerted by laminin on the Sp1/Sp3-mediated alpha6 gene promoter function...
- Screening of 'Y' chromosome microdeletions in Iranian infertile malesAli Mohammad Malekasgar
Department of Biochemistry, Genetic Unit, Ahwaz Jondishapur University of Medical Sciences, Iran
J Hum Reprod Sci 1:2-9. 2008....
- [Using multiplex PCR to analyze the breakpoint of a severe Y-chromosome deletion]Xiao su Xiao
Laboratory of Genetics, Reproductive Medical Center, Shenzhen Hospital of Beijing University, Shenzhen, Guangdong, PR China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 22:560-2. 2005..To elucidate the relationship between azoospermia factor(AZF) microdeletion of Y chromosome and azoospermia, the exact breakpoint of a severe Y-chromosome deletion was determined according to the physical map of AZF...
- Mouse homologues of the human AZF candidate gene RBM are expressed in spermatogonia and spermatids, and map to a Y chromosome deletion interval associated with a high incidence of sperm abnormalitiesS K Mahadevaiah
Laboratory of Developmental Genetics, National Institute for Medical Research, The Ridgeway, Mill Hill, London NW7 1AA, UK
Hum Mol Genet 7:715-27. 1998..In man, deletion of the functional copies of RBM is associated with meiotic arrest rather than sperm anomalies; however, the different effects of deletion are consistent with the differences in expression between the two species...
- T-type Ca2+ channels are required for adrenocorticotropin-stimulated cortisol production by bovine adrenal zona fasciculata cellsJ J Enyeart
Department of Pharmacology, Ohio State University College of Medicine Columbus 43210 1239
Mol Endocrinol 7:1031-40. 1993..They also suggest that these low voltage-activated channels, acting as the primary pathway for Ca2+ entry into AZF cells, couple ACTH-stimulated membrane depolarization to steroid hormone production...
- Repression of the luteinizing hormone receptor gene promoter by cross talk among EAR3/COUP-TFI, Sp1/Sp3, and TFIIBYing Zhang
Section on Molecular Endocrinology, Endocrinology, and Reproduction Research Branch, National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Mol Cell Biol 23:6958-72. 2003....
- Unique signatures of natural background radiation on human Y chromosomes from Kerala, IndiaSanjay Premi
Molecular Genetics Laboratory, National Institute of Immunology, Aruna Asaf Ali Marg, New Delhi, India
PLoS ONE 4:e4541. 2009..We studied the human Y chromosome in 390 males from the South Indian state of Kerala, where the level of natural background radiation (NBR) is ten-fold higher than the worldwide average, and that from 790 unexposed males as control...
- Genetic aspects of male infertilityM Namiki
Department of Urology, Kanazawa University School of Medicine, Ishikawa, Japan
World J Surg 24:1176-9. 2000..Several unknown sequences were identified by the analysis. Ongoing studies on AZF will prove useful in the diagnosis and treatment of male infertility...
- A frequent Y chromosome b2/b3 subdeletion shows strong association with male infertility in Han-Chinese populationB Wu
The Key Laboratory of Reproductive Medicine of Jiangsu Province, Institute of Toxicology, Nanjing Medical University School of Public Health, Nanjing, China
Hum Reprod 22:1107-13. 2007..In this study, we assessed the occurrence of classical AZF deletions and AZFc subdeletions and their impact on male infertility in a Han-Chinese population...
- An ACTH- and ATP-regulated background K+ channel in adrenocortical cells is TREK-1John J Enyeart
Department of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University, College of Medicine, 5190 Graves Hall, 333 W 10th Avenue, Columbus, OH 43210 1239, USA
J Biol Chem 277:49186-99. 2002..The activation of I(AC) by ATP indicates that native bTREK-1 channels may function as sensors that couple the metabolic state of the cell to membrane potential, perhaps through an associated ATP-binding protein...
- Ruthenium catalyzed decarbonylative arylation at sp3 carbon centers in pyrrolidine and piperidine heterocyclesDenis V Gribkov
Department of Chemistry, Columbia University, New York, New York 10027, USA
J Am Chem Soc 129:11750-5. 2007....
- Cellular transcription factors Sp1 and Sp3 suppress varicella-zoster virus origin-dependent DNA replicationMohamed I Khalil
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and Witebsky Center for Microbial Pathogenesis and Immunology, University at Buffalo, The State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14214, USA
J Virol 82:11723-33. 2008..They may also have implications regarding establishment or reactivation of viral latency...
- SOX7 and SOX17 regulate the parietal endoderm-specific enhancer activity of mouse laminin alpha1 geneTomoaki Niimi
Sekiguchi Biomatrix Signaling Project, ERATO, Japan Science and Technology Agency, Aichi Medical University, Karimata, Yazako, Nagakute, Aichi 480 1195, Japan
J Biol Chem 279:38055-61. 2004....
- The mouse Y chromosome interval necessary for spermatogonial proliferation is gene dense with syntenic homology to the human AZFa regionS Mazeyrat
INSERM U491, Faculte de Medecine, 27 Boulevard Jean Moulin, 13385 Marseille Cedex 5, France
Hum Mol Genet 7:1713-24. 1998..genes have previously been mapped within the interval: Ube1y and Smcy, linked with Zfy1 on a contig of 250 kb, and Dffry and Uty, which were unanchored. The interval was estimated to be >450 kb...
- Transcriptional regulation of the cystathionine-beta -synthase gene in Down syndrome and non-Down syndrome megakaryocytic leukemia cell linesYubin Ge
Experimental and Clinical Therapeutics Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Division of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Children s Hospital of Michigan, Detroit, MI 48201, USA
Blood 101:1551-7. 2003....
- Regulation of the Rhox5 homeobox gene in primary granulosa cells: preovulatory expression and dependence on SP1/SP3 and GABPJames A Maclean
Department of Immunology, The University of Texas, M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Biol Reprod 73:1126-34. 2005....
- Identification of sterol-independent regulatory elements in the human ATP-binding cassette transporter A1 promoter: role of Sp1/3, E-box binding factors, and an oncostatin M-responsive elementThomas Langmann
Institute for Clinical Chemistry, University of Regensburg, 93042 Regensburg, Germany, and the Pharma Research Center, Bayer AG, Aprather Wey 18a, D 42096 Wuppertal, Germany
J Biol Chem 277:14443-50. 2002....
- Structural and functional characterization of the mouse tescalcin promoterErasmo M Perera
Department of Pediatrics, Endocrinology Division, University of Miami, Leonard Miller School of Medicine, Miami, FL 33136, USA
Gene 464:50-62. 2010..Taken together, the data demonstrated that Sp1 and Sp3 transcription factors cooperate positively in the regulation of Tesc promoter, and that the putative ZF5 motif is critical for its activation...
- Regulation of cytochrome b5 gene transcription by Sp3, GATA-6, and steroidogenic factor 1 in human adrenal NCI-H295A cellsNingwu Huang
Department of Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0978, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:2020-34. 2005..Transcription of cytochrome b5 shares many features with the regulation of P450c17, whose activity it enhances...
- Reciprocal modulation of voltage-gated and background K(+) channels mediated by nucleotides and corticotropinJ J Enyeart
Department of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University, College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio 43210 1239, USA
Mol Pharmacol 60:114-23. 2001..This may represent a unique mechanism for transducing biochemical signals to ionic events involved in cortisol secretion...
- A novel estradiol/estrogen receptor alpha-dependent transcriptional mechanism controls expression of the human prolactin receptorJuying Dong
Section on Molecular Endocrinology, Endocrinology and Reproduction Research Branch, NICHD, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Biol Chem 281:18825-36. 2006..Estradiol produced in breast stroma and adipose tissue, which are major sources of estrogen in post-menopausal women, could up-regulate hPRLR gene expression and stimulate breast tumor growth...
- [Breakpoint localization of Y-chromosome massive deletions in 49 spermatogenesis dysfunction patients]Xiangdong Tu
PLA Center for Laboratory Medicine, Fuzhou General Hospital of Nanjing Military Region, Fuzhou, Fujian, 350025 PR China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 26:686-9. 2009..To analyze the characteristics of azoospermia factor(AZF) deletions in Y-chromosome...
- Physiological concentrations of insulin promote binding of nuclear proteins to the insulin-like growth factor I geneE N Kaytor
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Endocrinology 142:1041-9. 2001..As most insulin-responsive genes do not exhibit insulin-responsive nuclear factor binding, further studies of IRBP may also contribute to understanding of the mechanism of insulin action on gene transcription...
- The nuclear abundance of transcription factors Sp1 and Sp3 depends on biotin in Jurkat cellsJacob B Griffin
Department of Nutritional Science and Dietetics, University of Nebraska at Lincoln, Lincoln, NE, USA
J Nutr 133:3409-15. 2003..This study provides evidence that some effects of biotin on gene expression might be mediated by the nuclear abundance of Sp1 and Sp3...
- Physical properties of ultrafast deposited micro- and nanothickness amorphous hydrogenated carbon films for medical devices and prosthesesT Zaharia
Department of Electronic Engineering and Applied Physics, University of Aston, Aston Triangle, Birmingham B4 7ET, UK
Proc Inst Mech Eng H 221:161-72. 2007....
- AZF microdeletions and partial deletions of AZFc region on the Y chromosome in Moroccan menLaila Imken
Human Genetic and Cytogenetic Unit, Research Department, Pasteur Institute of Morocco, Ezzahraoui 20100 Casablanca, Morocco
Asian J Androl 9:674-8. 2007..To evaluate for the first time the frequency of Y chromosome microdeletions and the occurrence of the partial deletions of AZFc region in Moroccan men, and to discuss the clinical significance of AZF deletions...
- Sex chromosome alignment at meiosis of azoospermic men with azoospermia factor microdeletionLeah Yogev
Institute for the Study of Fertility, Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center, affiliated to the Sackler Faculty of Medicine, Tel Aviv University, Ramat Aviv, Israel
J Androl 25:110-6. 2004....
- Functional characterization of transcription factor binding sites for HNF1-alpha, HNF3-beta (FOXA2), HNF4-alpha, Sp1 and Sp3 in the human prothrombin gene enhancerH Ceelie
Department of Haematology, Leiden University Medical Center, Leiden, The Netherlands
J Thromb Haemost 1:1688-98. 2003..Overexpression of prothrombin leads to an increased risk of venous thrombosis. Therefore, the study of the transcriptional regulation of the prothrombin gene may help to identify mechanisms of overexpression...
- [Y chromosome and male infertility: what is a normal Y chromosome?]Ken McElreavey
Reproduction, Fertilite et Populations, Institut Pasteur, 25 rue du Dr Roux, 75724 Paris Cedex 15, France
J Soc Biol 202:135-41. 2008..Trying to correlate these changes with the phenotypic variability is a major challenge and it is likely that there will not be a single reference (or normal) Y chromosome sequence but many...
- The human receptor tyrosine kinase Axl gene--promoter characterization and regulation of constitutive expression by Sp1, Sp3 and CpG methylationGiridhar Mudduluru
Department of Experimental Surgery Mannheim Molecular Oncology of Solid Tumors, Mannheim Medical Faculty, Ruprecht Karls University Heidelberg, German Cancer Research Center DKFZ Heidelberg, 68167 Mannheim, Germany
Biosci Rep 28:161-76. 2008..This might enhance the understanding and treatment of essential mechanisms associated with cancer and other diseases...
- Regulation of expression of the chorionic gonadotropin/luteinizing hormone receptor gene in the human myometrium: involvement of specificity protein-1 (Sp1), Sp3, Sp4, Sp-like proteins, and histone deacetylasesRobert J Phillips
School of Surgical and Reproductive Sciences Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 3rd Floor, William Leech Building, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Framlington Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE2 4HH, United Kingdom
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 90:3479-90. 2005....
- Synergistic regulation of human cystathionine-beta-synthase-1b promoter by transcription factors NF-YA isoforms and Sp1Yubin Ge
Experimental and Clinical Therapeutics Program, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1579:73-80. 2002..Characterization of CBS promoter structure and function should clarify the molecular bases for variations in CBS gene expression in genetic diseases and the relationship between CBS and Down's syndrome (DS)...
- Role of Sp1 and Sp3 in the nutrient-regulated expression of the human asparagine synthetase geneVan Leung-Pineda
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610, USA
J Biol Chem 277:16585-91. 2002..Sp1 expression increased basal transcription but did not cause a further increase when SL2 cells were amino acid-deprived. Sp3 expression enhanced both the basal and the starvation-induced transcription...
- Corticotropin induces the expression of TREK-1 mRNA and K+ current in adrenocortical cellsJudith A Enyeart
Department of Neuroscience, The Ohio State University, College of Medicine, Columbus, OH, USA
Mol Pharmacol 64:132-42. 2003....
- Transcriptional regulation of mouse delta-opioid receptor gene by CpG methylation: involvement of Sp3 and a methyl-CpG-binding protein, MBD2, in transcriptional repression of mouse delta-opioid receptor gene in Neuro2A cellsGuilin Wang
Department of Pharmacology, University of Minnesota Medical School, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Biol Chem 278:40550-6. 2003....
- Different members of the Sp1 multigene family exert opposite transcriptional regulation of the long terminal repeat of HIV-1B Majello
Dipartimento di Genetica, Biologia Generale e Molecolare, Universita Federico II, Naples, Italy
Nucleic Acids Res 22:4914-21. 1994..We found that the cooperative interaction between NF-kappa B and Sp1 is highly specific, since neither Sp3 nor Sp4 is capable of cooperating with NF-kappa B...
- Homologous recombination between HERVs causes duplications in the AZFa region of men accidentally exposed to cesium-137 in GoiâniaJ T Arruda
Departamento de Biologia, Núcleo de Pesquisas Replicon, Universidade Catolica de Goias, Goiania, GO, Brasil
Genet Mol Res 7:1063-9. 2008..Consequently, the hotspots inside HERV mediated recombination in AZFa, and the duplication diversity was compatible with male fertility, since to date, none of the exposed individuals have demonstrated fertility disorders...
- 7,12-Dimethylbenzanthracene-dependent transcriptional regulation of adenomatous polyposis coli (APC) gene expression in normal breast epithelial cells is mediated by GC-box binding protein Sp3Aruna S Jaiswal
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology and UF Shands Cancer Center, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
Carcinogenesis 27:252-61. 2006..From these results we conclude that the increased pAPCP promoter activity in the MCF10A cell line in response to DMBA treatment is mediated by Sp3...
- Sp proteins and Runx2 mediate regulation of matrix gla protein (MGP) expression by parathyroid hormoneSupaporn Suttamanatwong
Department of Diagnostic and Biological Sciences, University of Minnesota School of Dentistry, Minneapolis, 55455, USA
J Cell Biochem 107:284-92. 2009..Collectively, these data show that PTH regulates MGP gene transcription in osteoblasts through altered activities of Sp and Runx2 transcription factors...
- Synthesis of many different types of organic small molecules using one automated processJunqi Li
Howard Hughes Medical Institute HHMI, Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Science 347:1221-6. 2015..More broadly, these findings illuminate an actionable roadmap to a more general and automated approach for small-molecule synthesis...
- Transcription of the transforming growth factor beta activating integrin beta8 subunit is regulated by SP3, AP-1, and the p38 pathwayJennifer A Markovics
Department of Pathology, Pulmonary Division, School of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, California 94110, USA
J Biol Chem 285:24695-706. 2010..These results place integrin beta8 expression and activity under the control of ubiquitous transcription factors in a stress-activated and pro-inflammatory pathway...
- [Screening for the microdeletions of azoospermia factor on the Y chromosome in male infertile patients from Guangzhou]Ya feng Liu
Center for Reproductive Medicine, The First Affiliated Hospital, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou, Guangdong, 510080 PR China
Zhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 24:564-6. 2007..To investigate the relationship between microdeletion of azoospermia factor (AZF) and male infertility...
- Ruthenium-catalyzed oxidative cyanation of tertiary amines with molecular oxygen or hydrogen peroxide and sodium cyanide: sp3 C-H bond activation and carbon-carbon bond formationShun ichi Murahashi
Department of Chemistry, Graduate School of Engineering Science, Osaka University, 1 3 Machikaneyama, Toyonaka, Osaka 560 8531, Japan
J Am Chem Soc 130:11005-12. 2008..The alpha-aminonitriles thus obtained can be readily converted to alpha-amino acids, diamines, and various nitrogen-containing heterocyclic compounds...
- An Sp1/Sp3 binding polymorphism confers methylation protectionYanis A Boumber
Department of Leukemia, MD Anderson Cancer Center, University of Texas, Houston, Texas, United States of America
PLoS Genet 4:e1000162. 2008..Our finding demonstrates that, in some genes, hypermethylation in cancer is dictated by protein-DNA interactions at the promoters and provides a novel mechanism by which genetic polymorphisms can influence an epigenetic state...
- Regulation of the mouse Treacher Collins syndrome homolog (Tcof1) promoter through differential repression of constitutive expressionKathryn H Shows
Department of Human and Molecular Genetics, Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine, Richmond, Virginia 23298 0033, USA
DNA Cell Biol 27:589-600. 2008..The CpG island at the transcription start site remains unmethylated in P19 cells, 11.5 dpc mouse embryonic tissue, and adult mouse ear, which supports constitutive activation of the Tcof1 promoter...
- [Case report. Patient with varicocele & oligozoospermia with Y chromosome microdeletion: AZFb+c]H E Meza-Vázquez
Sección de Andrologia, Departamento de Urologia de la UMAE Hospital Especialidades Centro Médico Nacional Siglo XXI
Actas Urol Esp 31:285-8. 2007..In cases with severe oligozoospermia (or azoospermia), study of microdeletions in Y chromosome is suggested. ICSI with selection of sex, would be the treatment adapted in these cases, is in phase of study...
- Probe-Level Universal Search (PLUS) algorithm for gender differentiation in affymetrix datasetsAnna S Karyagyna
NF Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology, Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, Institute of Agricultural Biotechnology, Moscow, Russia
J Bioinform Comput Biol 8:553-77. 2010..from XIST gene of X-chromosome and 17 probes from five Y-chromosome genes: RPS4Y1, EIF1A, DDX3Y, JARID1D and USP9Y. The selection procedure based on the probes selected by PLUS algorithm differentiates the sex chromosome ..
- Sp1 and Sp3 activate transcription of the human dopamine transporter geneJun Wang
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Neurosciences, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, Michigan 48201, USA
J Neurochem 93:474-82. 2005..Our results indicate that the Sp1 family of proteins plays an important role in controlling the expression of the dopamine transporter gene within dopaminergic neurons...
- Chromatin immunoprecipitation analysis of gene expression in the rat uterus in vivo: estrogen-induced recruitment of both estrogen receptor alpha and hypoxia-inducible factor 1 to the vascular endothelial growth factor promoterArmina A Kazi
Department of Physiology, University of Maryland School of Medicine, 655 West Baltimore Street, Baltimore, Maryland 21201, USA
Mol Endocrinol 19:2006-19. 2005..In contrast to the uterus, HEC1A cells cultured in 95% air-5% CO2 (and therefore 20% O2) contained no HIF-1alpha, consistent with the inability of E2 to stimulate the expression of VEGF by these and other cell types in vitro...
- Promoter cloning and characterization of the anti-vascular proliferation gene, R-ras: role of Ets- and Sp-binding motifsLusheng Xu
Department of Pathology, Division of Molecular and Cellular Pathology, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL 35294, USA
J Biol Chem 284:2706-18. 2009..These results map the functional elements in the R-ras promoter sequence and suggest that the GABP may be critical for transcription of R-ras and for maintenance of normal blood vessel functions through the regulation of this gene...
- Cholesteryl ester transfer protein promoter single-nucleotide polymorphisms in Sp1-binding sites affect transcription and are associated with high-density lipoprotein cholesterolJ F Thompson
Genomic and Proteomic Sciences, Pfizer Global Research and Development, Eastern Point Road, Groton, CT, USA
Clin Genet 66:223-8. 2004..These transcriptional effects reflect the projected impact of increased CETP expression on HDL-C phenotypes seen in vivo...
- Visible light modulates the expression of cancer-retina antigensAlexandr V Bazhin
Skin Cancer Unit, German Cancer Research Center, Im Neuenheimer Feld 580, Heidelberg, Germany
Mol Cancer Res 6:110-8. 2008..The visual cascade and retinoic acid as its derivate do not play any role in this process. Putative explanations for light-dependent modulation of cancer-retina antigen expression in melanoma cells are discussed...
- Transcriptional control of occludin expression in vascular endothelia: regulation by Sp3 and YY1Hadassah Sade
Department of Life Sciences, The Open University, Milton Keynes, MK7 6AA, UK
Biochim Biophys Acta 1789:175-84. 2009....
- Unique CCT repeats mediate transcription of the TWIST1 gene in mesenchymal cell linesMizue Ohkuma
Maxillofacial Orthognathics, Graduate School, Tokyo Medical and Dental University, Tokyo 113 8549, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 352:925-31. 2007..These results suggest critical implication of the CCT repeats in association with Sp1 and Sp3 factors in sustaining expression of the TWIST1 gene in mesenchymal cells...
- Characterization and functional analysis of the 5'-flanking region of the mouse 20alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase geneKeiji Hirabayashi
Department of Veterinary Physiology, Veterinary Medical Science, The University of Tokyo, 1 1 1, Yayoi, Bunkyo ku, Tokyo 113 8657, Japan
Biochem J 382:975-80. 2004....
- Specificity of transcriptional regulation by the zinc finger transcription factors Sp1, Sp3, and Egr-1Alia Al-Sarraj
Department of Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Saarland Medical Center, D 66421 Homburg, Germany
J Cell Biochem 94:153-67. 2005..This does not exclude the existence of composite Sp1/Sp3/Egr-1 binding sites, where competition for a common DNA-binding site occurs...
- Carvedilol effectively blocks oxidative stress-mediated downregulation of sarcoplasmic reticulum Ca2+-ATPase 2 gene transcription through modification of Sp1 bindingNorimichi Koitabashi
Department of Medicine and Biological Science, Gunma University Graduate School of Medicine, Maebashi, Gunma, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 328:116-24. 2005..These studies may provide a mechanistic explanation for the beneficial effects of carvedilol in heart failure...
- Is it go or NO go for S-nitrosylation modification-based therapies of cystic fibrosis transmembrane regulator trafficking?Pamela L Zeitlin
Department of Pediatrics, Eudowood Division of Pediatric Respiratory Sciences, The Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, Park 316, 600 N Wolfe St, Baltimore, MD 21287, USA
Mol Pharmacol 70:1155-8. 2006....
- Sp1 and Sp3 regulate basal transcription of the human APOBEC3G geneHeide Muckenfuss
Division of Medical Biotechnology, Paul Ehrlich Institut, Paul Ehrlich Strasse 51 59, D 63225 Langen, Germany
Nucleic Acids Res 35:3784-96. 2007..Electrophoretic mobility shift assays and chromatin immunoprecipitation assays demonstrated that the identified GC-box represented a binding site for the ubiquitous transcription factors specificity protein (Sp) 1 and Sp3...
- Acetylation of p53 at lysine 373/382 by the histone deacetylase inhibitor depsipeptide induces expression of p21(Waf1/Cip1)Ying Zhao
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Peking University Health Science Center, 38 Xueyuan Road, Beijing 100083, China
Mol Cell Biol 26:2782-90. 2006..Our data suggest that p53 acetylation at K373/K382 plays an important role in depsipeptide-induced p21(Waf1/Cip1) expression...
- Allele-dependent transcriptional regulation of the human integrin alpha2 geneB Jacquelin
Roon Research Center for Arteriosclerosis and Thrombosis, Division of Experimental Hemostasis and Thrombosis of the Department of Molecular and Experimental Medicine, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
Blood 97:1721-6. 2001....
- Trichostatin A, a histone deacetylase inhibitor, activates the IGFBP-3 promoter by upregulating Sp1 activity in hepatoma cells: alteration of the Sp1/Sp3/HDAC1 multiprotein complexHong Seok Choi
Liver Cell Signal Transduction Lab, Bioscience Research Division, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Taejon 305 606, Republic of Korea
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 296:1005-12. 2002..Taken together, these results show that Sp1 phosphorylation and the modulation of the Sp1/Sp3/HDAC1 multiprotein complex play a pivotal role in the transcriptional activation of the IGFBP-3 promoter through the Sp1/GC-rich site by TSA...
- The human reduced folate carrier gene is ubiquitously and differentially expressed in normal human tissues: identification of seven non-coding exons and characterization of a novel promoterJohnathan R Whetstine
Department of Pharmacology, Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Detroit, MI, U S A
Biochem J 367:629-40. 2002..Moreover, they provide a transcriptional framework for understanding the role of hRFC in the pathophysiology of folate deficiency and antifolate drug selectivity...
- Catalytic migratory oxidative coupling of nitrones through an outer-sphere C(sp3)-H activation processShogo Hashizume
Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tokyo, 7 3 1, Hongo, Tokyo 113 0033, Japan
Chem Rec 11:236-41. 2011..Mechanistic studies strongly suggested that the reaction proceeded via an oxonium/iminium cation species as the key intermediate. The mechanistic information allows for future extension of outer-sphere redox catalysis...
- Sox9/Sox6 and Sp1 are involved in the insulin-like growth factor-I-mediated upregulation of human type II collagen gene expression in articular chondrocytesEmmanuelle Renard
Laboratoire Matrice Extracellulaire et Pathologie, IFR ICORE 146, Universite de Caen Basse Normandie, UFR de Medecine, CHU niveau 3, Avenue de la Cote de Nacre, 14032, Caen Cedex, France
J Mol Med (Berl) 90:649-66. 2012....
- Regulation of transcription of the Dnmt1 gene by Sp1 and Sp3 zinc finger proteinsShotaro Kishikawa
Gene Engineering Division, Department of Biological Systems, BioResource Center, RIKEN The Institute of Physical and Chemical Research, Japan
Eur J Biochem 269:2961-70. 2002..The transcriptional coactivator p300 interacted with Sp3 in vivo and in vitro. Our results indicate that expression of the Dnmt1 gene is controled by Sp1 and Sp3 and that p300 is involved in the activation by Sp3...
- Facile synthesis of azaarene-substituted 3-hydroxy-2-oxindoles via Brønsted acid catalyzed sp3 C-H functionalizationRui Niu
Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Dalian 116023, PR China
Org Lett 14:676-9. 2012..This method provides facile synthesis of biologically important azaarene-substituted 3-hydroxy-2-oxindoles in one step in moderate to good yields...
- Platinum(II)-catalyzed cyclization sequence of aryl alkynes via C(sp3)-H activation: a DFT studyZhi Feng Li
MOE Key Laboratory of Bioinorganic and Synthetic Chemistry KLGHEI of Environment and Energy Chemistry, School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Sun Yat Sen University, Guangzhou 510275, People s Republic of China
J Org Chem 77:6076-86. 2012..Additionally, NBO and AIM analyses are applied to further investigate electronic structure changes during the mechanism...
- A network of transcription factors operates during early tooth morphogenesisMinglian Zhao
Center for Regenerative Developmental Biology, The Forsyth Institute, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
Mol Cell Biol 33:3099-112. 2013..Collectively, these data reveal a novel protein network operating in the neural crest-derived dental mesenchyme that is relevant for many other areas of developmental and evolutionary biology. ..
- The function and properties of the transcriptional regulator COS1 in Magnaporthe oryzaeXiaoyu Li
State Key Laboratory of Plant Genomics, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing, China
Fungal Biol 117:239-49. 2013..Gel shift experiments showed that COS1 binds to DNA elements with A4GA3 motif. These suggest that many of the COS1-dependent transcripts may be regulated directly by COS1 binding...
- Involvement of nuclear transcription factor Sp1 in regulating glucose transporter-1 gene expression during rat trophoblast differentiationY Okamoto
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Osaka University, Faculty of Medicine, 2 2 Yamadaoka Suita, Osaka, 565 0871, Japan
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 288:940-8. 2001..Furthermore, the decreased level of GLUT1 may result from a decreased level of Sp1 during differentiation. These findings suggest that Sp1 is involved in the regulation of rGLUT1 gene expression during rat trophoblast differentiation...
- Complete genomic sequence of the human ABCA1 gene: analysis of the human and mouse ATP-binding cassette A promoterS Santamarina-Fojo
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, and Clinical Center, Clinical Pathology Department, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 97:7987-92. 2000..These combined findings provide insights into ABCA1-mediated regulation of cellular cholesterol metabolism and will facilitate the identification of new pharmacologic agents for the treatment of atherosclerosis in humans...
- Spl phosphorylation induced by serum stimulates the human alpha2(I) collagen gene expressionH Ihn
Department of Medicine, Division of Rheumatology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, USA
J Invest Dermatol 117:301-8. 2001..In conclusion, this study characterized response elements that mediate serum stimulation of the human alpha2(I) collagen promoter and suggests that serum stimulation was mediated via Sp1/Sp3 binding sites in this promoter...
- 25-hydroxycholesterol induces lipopolysaccharide-tolerance and decreases a lipopolysaccharide-induced TNF-alpha secretion in macrophagesM C Englund
The Wallenberg Laboratory for Cardiovascular Research, Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Goteborg University, SE 413 45 Goteborg, Sweden
Atherosclerosis 158:61-71. 2001..In vitro studies of the TNF-alpha promoter suggests possible interactions between Sp1 and Sp3 and the NF-kappaB transcription factor complex that might affect the transcriptional initiation...
- An expanded genetic code in Candida albicans to study protein-protein interactions in vivoSilke Palzer
IGVT, University of Stuttgart, Stuttgart, Germany
Eukaryot Cell 12:816-27. 2013..albicans with the unnatural photo-cross-linker amino acid AzF and applying it for in vivo binary protein interaction analyses is feasible...
- Synergistic effect of caffeine and glucocorticoids on expression of surfactant protein B (SP-B) mRNAMarkus Fehrholz
Children s Hospital, University of Wuerzburg, Wuerzburg, Germany
PLoS ONE 7:e51575. 2012..Co-administration of caffeine and corticosteroids may therefore be of benefit in surfactant homeostasis...
- Sp1 phosphorylation regulates inducible expression of platelet-derived growth factor B-chain gene via atypical protein kinase C-zetaL A Rafty
Department of Haematology, The Prince of Wales Hospital and Centre for Thrombosis and Vascular Research, School of Pathology, The University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW 2052, Australia
Nucleic Acids Res 29:1027-33. 2001..Nogalamycin stimulated the phosphorylation of PKC-zeta (on residue Thr(410)). These findings demonstrate for the first time that PKC-zeta and Sp1 phosphorylation mediate the inducible expression of this growth factor...
- Placenta growth factor-1 exerts time-dependent stabilization of adherens junctions following VEGF-induced vascular permeabilityJun Cai
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e18076. 2011..Clinical approaches that would pattern nature's approach would thus limit treatments to precise intervals following injury and bring attention to use of agents only during therapeutic windows...
- Reciprocal regulation of expression of the human adenosine 5'-triphosphate binding cassette, sub-family A, transporter 2 (ABCA2) promoter by the early growth response-1 (EGR-1) and Sp-family transcription factorsWarren Davis
Department of Pharmacology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 31:1097-107. 2003....
- Sp1 and Sp3 Are important regulators of AP-2gamma gene transcriptionMei Li
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Texas Medical School, Houston, Texas 77030, USA
Biol Reprod 69:1220-30. 2003....
- Polymorphic DAZ gene family in polymorphic structure of AZFc locus: Artwork or functional for human spermatogenesis?Peter H Vogt
Section Molecular Genetics and Infertility, Department Gynecol Endocrinol and Reproductive Medicine, University of Heidelberg, D 69115 Heidelberg, Germany
APMIS 111:115-26; discussion 126-7. 2003....
- Transcriptional repression of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 (HIF-1) by the protein arginine methyltransferase PRMT1Véronique N Lafleur
Centre de Recherche du CHU de Québec, L Hôtel Dieu de Québec, and Department of Molecular Biology, Medical Biochemistry and Pathology, Universite Laval, Quebec, QC G1R 2J6, Canada Lady Davis Institute for Medical Research, Sir Mortimer B Davis Jewish General Hospital, and Departments of Oncology and Medicine, McGill University, Montreal, QC H3G 1Y6, Canada
Mol Biol Cell 25:925-35. 2014..This study therefore identifies PRMT1 as a novel regulator of HIF-1- and HIF-2-mediated responses. ..
- Transcription factors of the Sp1 family: interaction with E2F and regulation of the murine thymidine kinase promoterH Rotheneder
Vienna Biocenter, University of Vienna, Austria
J Mol Biol 293:1005-15. 1999..Co-expression of E2F-1 results in synergistic activation in 3T6 but not in SL2 cells...
- Deciphering the modulation of gene expression by type I and II interferons combining 4sU-tagging, translational arrest and in silico promoter analysisMirko Trilling
Institute for Virology, University Hospital in Essen, University of Duisburg Essen, Essen, D 45147, Germany, Computational Genomics Group, IMIM UPF Research Programme on Biomedical Informatics, Barcelona Biomedical Research Park PRBB, Barcelona 08003, Spain, Department of Medicine, University of Cambridge, Box 157, Addenbrooke s Hospital, Cambridge CB2 0QQ, UK, Division of Pathway Medicine, University of Edinburgh Medical School, Edinburgh, EH16 4SB, Scotland, UK, SynthSys, University of Edinburgh, Edinburgh, EH9 3JU Scotland, UK, Institute of Medical Microbiology, Technical University Munich, Munich 81675, Germany, Institute for Informatics, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Munich 80333, Germany and Catalan Institution for Research and Advanced Studies ICREA, Barcelona 08010, Spain
Nucleic Acids Res 41:8107-25. 2013..IFN-repressed genes include negative regulators of innate and stress response, and their decrease may thus aid the establishment of a signalling perceptive milieu. ..
- Oxidative 1,2-difunctionalization of activated alkenes with benzylic C(sp3)-H bonds and aryl C(sp2)-H bondsMing Bo Zhou
State Key Laboratory of Chemo Biosensing and Chemometrics, College of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, Hunan University, Changsha 410082, China
Chem Commun (Camb) 49:10817-9. 2013..This reaction is a new organomediated strategy for alkene difunctionalization facilitated by Lewis acids. ..
- An Sp1 binding site is essential for basal activity of the human prostate-specific transglutaminase gene (TGM4) promoterH J Dubbink
Department of Urology, Josephine Nefkens Institute, Erasmus University Rotterdam, 3000 DR, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Gene 240:261-7. 1999..Further analysis revealed the functional importance of an Sp1 binding motif, 5'-ACCCCGCCCC-3', at positions -96 to -87. This sequence is a binding site of the ubiquitous transcription factors Sp1 and Sp3...
- Microhomology-mediated microduplication in the y chromosomal azoospermia factor a region in a male with mild asthenozoospermiaMomori Katsumi
Department of Molecular Endocrinology, National Research Institute for Child Health and Development, Tokyo, Japan
Cytogenet Genome Res 144:285-9. 2014..The 629,812-bp duplication contained 22 of 46 exons of USP9Y, encoding the putative fine tuner of spermatogenesis, together with all exons of 3 other genes/pseudogenes...
- Cu(I)-catalyzed transannulation of N-heteroaryl aldehydes or ketones with alkylamines via C(sp3)-H aminationMingyang Li
School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, South China University of Technolgy, Guangzhou 510641, China
Org Lett 16:6232-5. 2014..N-Heteroarenes are employed as the amine source. This transformation provides a rapid and concise access to multifunctional imidazo[1,5-a]pyridines. ..
- Dietary HDAC Inhibitors in Colon Cancer PreventionRoderick H Dashwood; Fiscal Year: 2012....
- Transcriptional regulation: renal dopamine D1 receptors in HTN &oxidative stressMustafa F Lokhandwala; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Colon Cell Differentiation: NAB and MUC2 Gene ExpressionAnna Velcich; Fiscal Year: 2009..5. Finally, we will extend our use of microarray technology to determine how NaB perturbs profiles of gene expression that define lineage specific differentiation (Velcich et al., submitted). ..
- MECHANISMS OF NA+ TRANSPORT IN THE HUMAN INTESTINEPradeep K Dudeja; Fiscal Year: 2012..Any information derived from studies of these proteins would be of clinical and therapeutic benefit for patients suffering from diarrheal disease processes. ..
- Renal Dopamine and Angiotensin II Receptor Function in Age-Related HypertensionMohammad Asghar; Fiscal Year: 2013..These studies should provide a better understanding of the mechanism by which oxidative stress causes hypertension which would subsequently lead to targeted therapy for hypertension. ..
- Mechanisms of Neuronal Specific TranscriptionGrace Gill; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- REGULATION OF GROWTH FACTORS AND EMBRYOGENESISARNOLD RIZZINO; Fiscal Year: 2005..The last studies are highly significant in their own right, because they will provide novel insights into the mechanisms used by members of two large transcription factor families to stimulate transcription. ..
- Role of Y Chromosome Genes in SpermatogenesisJan Rohozinski; Fiscal Year: 2004..This proposal is designed to build on this progress and produce mice carrying null alleles of Eif2bs3y and Usp9y. These mice will then be used to directly determine the role played by these two Sxr genes in spermatogenesis.
- INTERFERON ACTION AND PROTEIN PHOSPHORYLATIONCharles E Samuel; Fiscal Year: 2013..Elucidation of the actions of interferon at the molecular level is of immediate importance in view of the use of interferon in the clinic. ..
- FUNCTIONAL ROLE OF MDAZ IN INFERTILITYMegerditch Kiledjian; Fiscal Year: 2002..Understanding how these proteins normally function in sperm production will also provide novel strategies in male contraception. ..
- REGULATION OF MEIOSIS IN SPERMATOGENESISSteven Wasserman; Fiscal Year: 2003..abstract_text> ..
- A Measurement Error Approach to Estimating Usual Daily Physical Activity DistribuGreg J Welk; Fiscal Year: 2011..Data analyses will involve the development and evaluation of statistical procedures that calibrate the self-report measure against objective physical data to obtain accurate estimates of "usual" physical activity in the population. ..
- Investigations of New Pd"/Pd"-catalyzed aryl C-F and C-CF3 Coupling ReactionsNICHOLAS DEWAYNE BALL; Fiscal Year: 2010..We are hopeful that this work will provide practiical synthetic tools in the development of new biologically relevant organofluorine compounds. ..
- Transition Metal-Catalyzed Chemistry in Water at Room TemperatureBruce H Lipshutz; Fiscal Year: 2013..The secret to this success is based on proper engineering of particle size, which better accommodates the intended chemistry. ..
- New Methods for Direct Carbon-Hydrogen Bond FunctionalizationOLAFS DAUGULIS; Fiscal Year: 2013..New auxiliary and reaction development for sp3 C-H bond conversion to C-C bonds, 2. Fluorination of unactivated sp3 C-H bonds, 3. Auxiliary assisted, copper-catalyzed C-H bond functionalization. ..
- Functionalization of unactivated sp2-hybridized carbon atomsCarsten Krebs; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Synthesis and Study of Dimeric Diketopiperazine AlkaloidsMohammad Movassaghi; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- Regulation of PAF Acetylhydrolase Expression by Oxidized PhospholipidsSUZANNE BARBOUR; Fiscal Year: 2009..The objective of this study is to delineate the molecular mechanisms of PAFAH induction by oxPL in hopes that this will uncover novel mechanisms for regulating the enzyme and thereby controlling cardiovascular disease. ..
- Selective C-H Bond Functionalization in Complex Organic SynthesisDalibor Sames; Fiscal Year: 2010..Such research tools will increase the rate of understanding and potential treatment of human diseases. ..
- VIMENTINSS REGULATORY FACTORS INVOLVED IN DEVELOPMENTZENDRA ZEHNER; Fiscal Year: 2003..It is hoped that by a thorough understanding of how these genetic controls contribute to development, the investigators can ultimately determine how abnormalities may develop in the heart. ..
- Arylation of weakly acidic sp3 hybridized C-H'sPatrick J Walsh; Fiscal Year: 2013..The two approaches to C-C bond-formation in this application are innovative because they represent a clear departure from known chemistry. ..
- Enantioselective Synthesis by Chiral Anion Phase Transfer CatalysisF D Toste; Fiscal Year: 2013..Thus, we anticipate that the proposed air and moisture tolerant transformations will provide synthetic chemists and biomedical researchers with additional tools for single enantiomer synthesis. ..
- Differential Functions of Sp-Family MembersJonathan Horowitz; Fiscal Year: 2006..In so doing, we will link specific Sp-family members and their regulators with extracellular signals that govern the synthesis of Sp-dependent genes. ..
- MECHANISM OF SUPPRESSION OF SP3 GENE EXPRESSION IN MSJohn Richert; Fiscal Year: 2000..Subsequent studies will determine if these factors/peptides exhibit an inhibitory influence on Sp3 gene transcription. ..
- Cytokine Regulation of Liver Growth Hormone SignalingLee Denson; Fiscal Year: 2004..These findings will have implications for therapeutic strategies to ameliorate acquired GH resistance in diseases complicated by liver inflammation, including chronic cholestatic liver diseases ..
- REGULATION AND FUNCTION OF EC-SODRodney Folz; Fiscal Year: 2009..This could lead to novel pharmacologic strategies for augmenting endogenous EC-SOD levels in the lungs and other tissues, which would be predicted to reduce extracellular oxidative stress and attenuate lung disease processes. ..
- Ligand-promoted Enantioselective and Remote C-H Activation ReactionsJin Quan Yu; Fiscal Year: 2013....
- ENANTIOSELECTIVE APPROACH TO ANTITUMOR AGENTSJAMES PANEK; Fiscal Year: 1992....
- Mechanisms of transcriptional repression by SUMOGRACE B GILL; Fiscal Year: 2010..Therefore, increased understanding of the fundamental mechanisms underlying SUMO function in regulation of gene expression may lay the foundation for novel therapeutic strategies that address these significant human health issues. ..
- Properties of Ion Channels that Control SecretionJOHN ENYEART; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Diastereoselective Functionalization of sp3 C-H BondsNan Zheng; Fiscal Year: 2007..Each type of reaction can be also applied in a complementary fashion with current aldol methodologies, Pd pi-allyl chemistries, and crotylmetal technologies. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Mechanisms By Which Endothelium Cells Sense Changes in HemodynamicsBauer Sumpio; Fiscal Year: 2007..4. Assess egr-1 and sp1 binding in MT1-MMP and PDGF-B promoters under mechanical stress 5.Assess the functional relevance of egr-1 in a low flow carotid model using an egr-1 knock-out mouse. ..
- Coactivation of Estrogen Receptor alpha/Sp1Stephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Mechanisms of Growth Factor-Estrogen Receptor CrosstalkStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- 2,3,7,8,--TCDD Effects on the Estrogenic ResponsesStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2006..The proposed Aims will address important mechanistic considerations on IDRE-independent inhibitory AhR-ERa crosstalk and pathways critical for inhibition of mammary tumor growth by SAhRMs. ..
- ESTROGEN INDUCED RESPONSES VIA ER/SPL COMPLEXESStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2002..These results will ultimately facilitate design of chemotherapeutic approaches which target specific genes. ..
- Colon Cancer Inhibition by a Class of PPARgamma AgonistsStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed studies will provide mechanistic insights on PPARy-dependent inhibition of colon cancer and identify compounds for future clinical studies. ..
- TOXICOLOGY OF ENVIRONMENT CONTAMINANTSStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2007..The proposed training program will continue to provide trainees with a challenging academic and research environment that will prepare them for future careers in academic, industry and government. ..
- Inhibition of Pancreatic Cancer by New PPARgamma Agonis*Stephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2008..PPAR? -active C-substituted DIMs that inhibit pancreatic cancer cell growth in vitro and in vivo, and these will serve as lead compounds for development of new drugs for clinical treatment of this devastating disease ..
- ALKYL PCDFS--INHIBITION OF MAMMARY CANCERStephen Safe; Fiscal Year: 2001..Thus the proposed studies will define a new mechanism-based class of antiestrogens that can be used alone or in combination with tamoxifen for treatment of breast and endometrial cancer. ..
- NK effector mechanisms during NK-lymphoma interactionsCHARLES SENTMAN; Fiscal Year: 2007..These data will have implications for immunotherapy and tumor vaccines and suggest ways to develop more potent tumor immunity. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Molecular Mechanisms That Regulate CD11d ExpressionJOHN NOTI; Fiscal Year: 2004..Transgenic analysis of the CD11d cis elements will be done to complement these studies. These studies will expand our understanding of normal myeloid development and leukemogenesis. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF ANNONACEOUS ACETOGENINS AND ANALOGUESJames Marshall; Fiscal Year: 2001..The synthetic approach will employ chiral allylic and allenic organometal reagents to introduce stereogenic centers with concurrent formation of carbon-carbon bonds. ..
- Plasma Diagnostic for Alzheimer's Disease PathologyVassilios Papadopoulos; Fiscal Year: 2004..In this Phase I application we propose to test this hypothesis in a small number of samples obtained from AD and control (non-demented) patients. ..
- MITOCHONDRIA SIGNALED APOPTOSIS IN PROSTATE CANCER CELLSDEAN TANG; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- EXPRESSION OF CYCLIN E IN GYNECOLOGIC MALIGNANCIESDonna Session; Fiscal Year: 2002..Understanding the mechanisms of cyclin E aberrations may lead to powerful and convenient models for studying potential tumor promoters, markers and antiproliferative agents. ..
- Structure-Function of a Uterine P-type ATPaseBeverly Chilton; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- EXERCISE HYPERTROPHY AND CONTROL OF MYOSIN INDUCTIONRichard Tsika; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- GROWTH FACTORS IN FOLLICULAR DEVELOPMENTShyamal Roy; Fiscal Year: 2001..The information will shed light on the mechanisms involved in hormonal control of folliculogenesis via intraovarian growth factors. ..
- Essential role of biotin in cell proliferationJanos Zempleni; Fiscal Year: 2004..The basic knowledge generated may well be relevant to teratogenesis and immune dysfunction caused by biotin deficiency. ..
- Biomarker Genes in Mood Disorder: Lymphocyte and BrainMARQUIS VAWTER; Fiscal Year: 2006..The potential use of biomarkers in lymphocytes will provide clinical researchers a tool to better address questions concerning diagnostic subgroups and treatment responders and non-responders. ..
- Epigenetic effects of biotin on activation of endogenous viral sequencesJanos Zempleni; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies are likely to identify means by which manipulation of the environmental factor "diet" increases genomic stability and decreases cancer risk. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- TRANSCRIPTIONAL CONTROL OF GASTRINJuanita Merchant; Fiscal Year: 2007..For type specifications, see instructions on page 6.) RESEARCH GRANT TABLE OF CONTENTS Page Numbers Face Page 1 Description, ..
- THE TRANSCRIPTIONAL REGULATION OF MONOAMINE OXIDASE AJean Shih; Fiscal Year: 2008..Co-regulators interacting with APJGR during agonist stimulated or basal state will be co-immuno-precipitated by AR or GR specific antibody. The validity and the function of identified protein(s) will be investigated. ..
- 15-Lipoxygenase 2 is a Prostate Senescence GeneDEAN TANG; Fiscal Year: 2008..Our long-term goal is to utilize the data obtained from this project to develop 15-LOX-2-targeted anti-PCa therapeutics that trigger cell-cycle arrest and senescence. ..
- Co(II)-Radical Pair Dynamics in B12 Enzyme CatalysisKurt Warncke; Fiscal Year: 2008..abstract_text> ..
- Estrogenic Regulation of Mitochondrial Transcription in Huntington's DiseaseHoon Ryu; Fiscal Year: 2009..These studies will provide novel mechanisms for preventing mitochondrial transcriptional dysfunction and help in the design of applicable compounds that modulate mitochondrial function. ..
- ALTERED MECHANICAL LOADS AND SKELETAL MUSCLE PHENOTYPERichard Tsika; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..
- TWO TYPES OF MONOAMINE OXIDASEJean Shih; Fiscal Year: 2007..unreadable] [unreadable] These studies are important for both basic neuropharmacology and clinical[unreadable] research. ..
- Altering Gastric Epithelial Cell DifferentiationJuanita Merchant; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies will further our understanding of how corpus atrophy predisposes the gastric mucosa to neoplastic transformation. [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Attentional Dysfunction in Fragile X SyndromeKenneth Maclean; Fiscal Year: 2007..Individual md combination tests of these drugs will determine the relative roles of each of these systems, and lead to [unreadable]-,-combination treatments for this Important problem In FXS. ..
- Molecular Basis of mu-Opioid Receptor Gene RegulationJane Ko; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..