Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: UGT1A5
Description: UDP glucuronosyltransferase family 1 member A5
Alias: UDPGT, UDPGT 1-5, UGT1E, UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 1-5, UDP glucuronosyltransferase 1 family, polypeptide A5, UDP glycosyltransferase 1 family, polypeptide A5, UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 1 family polypeptide A5s, UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 1-E, UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 1A5, UGT-1E, UGT1*5
- Cengiz B, Yumrutas O, Bozgeyik E, Borazan E, Igci Y, Bozgeyik I, et al. Differential expression of the UGT1A family of genes in stomach cancer tissues. Tumour Biol. 2015;36:5831-7 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, UGT1A1, UGT1A8, and UGT1A10 were found to be upregulated, and UGT1A3, UGT1A5, UGT1A7, and UGT1A9 were downregulated in stomach tumors. No expression changes were observed in UGT1A4...
- Olufsen M, Arukwe A. Endocrine, biotransformation, and oxidative stress responses in salmon hepatocytes exposed to chemically induced hypoxia and perfluorooctane sulfonamide (PFOSA), given singly or in combination. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2015;22:17350-66 pubmed publisher..data show that transcript levels for endocrine (ERÎ±, Vtg, and Zrp), biotransformation (cyp1a, cyp3a, gst, and udpgt), and oxidative stress responses (catalase (cat), glutathione peroxidase (gpx), and glutathione reductase (gr)) ..
- Kotze A, Ruffell A, Ingham A. Phenobarbital induction and chemical synergism demonstrate the role of UDP-glucuronosyltransferases in detoxification of naphthalophos by Haemonchus contortus larvae. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2014;58:7475-83 pubmed publisher..The phenobarbital-induced drug tolerance was reversed by cotreatment with the UDPGT inhibitors 5-nitrouracil, 4,6-dihydroxy-5-nitropyrimidine, probenecid, and sulfinpyrazone...
- SolÃ© M, Fortuny A, MaÃ±anÃ³s E. Effects of selected xenobiotics on hepatic and plasmatic biomarkers in juveniles of Solea senegalensis. Environ Res. 2014;135:227-35 pubmed publisher..reductases, carboxylesterases (CbEs) and the conjugation enzyme uridine diphosphate glucuronyltransferase (UDPGT)...
- Hoydal K, Jenssen B, Letcher R, Dam M, Arukwe A. Hepatic phase I and II biotransformation responses and contaminant exposure in long-finned pilot whales from the Northeastern Atlantic. Mar Environ Res. 2018;134:44-54 pubmed publisher..The activity levels of phase II conjugating enzymes (uridine 5'-diphospho-glucuronosyltransferase [UDPGT], and glutathione S-transferase [GST]) were low...
- He Y, Folkerts E, Zhang Y, Martin J, Alessi D, Goss G. Effects on Biotransformation, Oxidative Stress, and Endocrine Disruption in Rainbow Trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) Exposed to Hydraulic Fracturing Flowback and Produced Water. Environ Sci Technol. 2017;51:940-947 pubmed publisher..The increased expression of cyp1a (2.49 ± 0.28-fold), udpgt (2.01 ± 0.31-fold), sod (1.67 ± 0.09-fold), and gpx (1.58 ± 0.10-fold) in raw sample exposure group (7...
- Ribalta C, Sanchez Hernandez J, Sole M. Hepatic biotransformation and antioxidant enzyme activities in Mediterranean fish from different habitat depths. Sci Total Environ. 2015;532:176-83 pubmed publisher..carboxylesterases (CbEs), and the phase-II conjugation activities uridine diphosphate glucuronyltransferase (UDPGT) and glutathione S-transferase (GST). Moreover, some antioxidant enzyme activities, i.e...
- Chen J, Zhu L, Li X, Zheng H, Yan T, Xie C, et al. High-Throughput and Reliable Isotope Label-free Approach for Profiling 24 Metabolic Enzymes in FVB Mice and Sex Differences. Drug Metab Dispos. 2017;45:624-634 pubmed publisher..Cyp1a2, Cyp27a1, Ugt2b1, Ugt2b5 and Ugt2b36 were male predominant, whereas Cyp2c39, Cyp2d22, Cyp7a1, Ugt1a1, Ugt1a5, Sult1a1, Sult3a1, and Sult1d1 were female predominant...
- Crespo M, Sole M. The use of juvenile Solea solea as sentinel in the marine platform of the Ebre Delta: in vitro interaction of emerging contaminants with the liver detoxification system. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2016;23:19229-36 pubmed publisher..and BFCOD, carboxylesterase (CbE), glutathione S-transferase (GST) and uridine diphosphate glucuronyltransferase (UDPGT); and oxidative stress parameters such as catalase (CAT), glutathione reductase (GR) and glutathione peroxidase (..
- Bao L, Zhang Y, Wang J, Wang H, Dong N, Su X, et al. Variations of chromosome 2 gene expressions among patients with lung cancer or non-cancer. Cell Biol Toxicol. 2016;32:419-35 pubmed publisher..genes included HOXD family (HOXD1, HOXD3, HOXD4, HOXD8, and HOXD9) and UGT1A family (UGT1A1, UGT1A3, UGT1A4, UGT1A5, UGT1A7, UGT1A8, UGT1A9, and UGT1A10); and LCC- or SCLC-specific genes were also identified...
- Benton M, Lea R, Macartney Coxson D, Bellis C, Carless M, Curran J, et al. Serum bilirubin concentration is modified by UGT1A1 haplotypes and influences risk of type-2 diabetes in the Norfolk Island genetic isolate. BMC Genet. 2015;16:136 pubmed publisher..GWAS of blood-based clinical traits in the Norfolk Island population has identified variants within the UDPGT family directly associated with serum bilirubin levels, which is in turn implicated with reduced risk of ..
- González Mira A, Varo I, Sole M, Torreblanca A. Drugs of environmental concern modify Solea senegalensis physiology and biochemistry in a temperature-dependent manner. Environ Sci Pollut Res Int. 2016;23:20937-20951 pubmed..BFCOD)) and uridine diphosphate glucuronosyltransferase (UDPGT)...
- DISTEFANO J, Kingsley C, Craig Wood G, Chu X, Argyropoulos G, Still C, et al. Genome-wide analysis of hepatic lipid content in extreme obesity. Acta Diabetol. 2015;52:373-82 pubmed publisher..These results replicate findings for several hepatic phenotypes in the setting of extreme obesity and implicate new loci that may play a role in the pathophysiology of hepatic lipid accumulation. ..
- Yea S, Lee S, Kim W, Liu K, Kim H, Shon J, et al. Genetic variations and haplotypes of UDP-glucuronosyltransferase 1A locus in a Korean population. Ther Drug Monit. 2008;30:23-34 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that genetic polymorphisms of the UGT1A locus differ between Koreans and other ethnic populations. Such differences should be considered in pharmacogenetic studies. ..
- Yu B, Zheng Y, Alexander D, Morrison A, Coresh J, Boerwinkle E. Genetic determinants influencing human serum metabolome among African Americans. PLoS Genet. 2014;10:e1004212 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the value of using endophenotypes proximal to gene function to discover new insights into biology and disease pathology. ..
- Hong M, Karlsson R, Magnusson P, Lewis M, Isaacs W, Zheng L, et al. A genome-wide assessment of variability in human serum metabolism. Hum Mutat. 2013;34:515-24 pubmed publisher..mQTL SNPs and mQTL-harboring genes were over-represented across GWASs conducted to date, suggesting that these data may have utility in tracing the molecular basis of some complex disease associations. ..
- Gong Q, Cho J, Huang T, Potter C, Gholami N, Basu N, et al. Thirteen UDPglucuronosyltransferase genes are encoded at the human UGT1 gene complex locus. Pharmacogenetics. 2001;11:357-68 pubmed..The relationships of the exons 1 to each other are as follows: UGT1A2p through UGT1A5 comprises a cluster A that is 87-92% identical, and UGT1A7 through UGT1A13p comprises a cluster B that is 67-91% ..
- Ritter J, Chen F, Sheen Y, Tran H, Kimura S, Yeatman M, et al. A novel complex locus UGT1 encodes human bilirubin, phenol, and other UDP-glucuronosyltransferase isozymes with identical carboxyl termini. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:3257-61 pubmed..With an understanding of the gene structure, lethal, as well as the nonlethal defects, associated with bilirubin transferase activity can now be determined. ..
- Dai X, Wu C, He Y, Gui L, Zhou L, Guo H, et al. A genome-wide association study for serum bilirubin levels and gene-environment interaction in a Chinese population. Genet Epidemiol. 2013;37:293-300 pubmed publisher..Consistent associations and interactions were observed for serum direct and indirect bilirubin levels. ..
- Chen G, Ramos E, Adeyemo A, Shriner D, Zhou J, Doumatey A, et al. UGT1A1 is a major locus influencing bilirubin levels in African Americans. Eur J Hum Genet. 2012;20:463-8 pubmed publisher..In summary, UGT1A1 is a major locus influencing bilirubin levels and the results of this study promise to contribute to understanding of the etiology and treatment of hyperbilirubinaemia in African-ancestry populations. ..
- Cox A, Ng M, Xu J, Langefeld C, Koch K, Dawson P, et al. Association of SNPs in the UGT1A gene cluster with total bilirubin and mortality in the Diabetes Heart Study. Atherosclerosis. 2013;229:155-60 pubmed publisher..These findings support a potential role for UGT1A genetic variants in risk for mortality in T2D. Further quantification of the extent of CVD risk conferred by UGT1A gene family variants in a high risk cohort with T2D is still required. ..
- Jylhävä J, Lyytikäinen L, Kahonen M, Hutri Kähönen N, Kettunen J, Viikari J, et al. A genome-wide association study identifies UGT1A1 as a regulator of serum cell-free DNA in young adults: The Cardiovascular Risk in Young Finns Study. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35426 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that UGT1A1-associated processes are also involved in the regulation of serum cf-DNA concentrations. ..
- Bielinski S, Chai H, Pathak J, Talwalkar J, Limburg P, Gullerud R, et al. Mayo Genome Consortia: a genotype-phenotype resource for genome-wide association studies with an application to the analysis of circulating bilirubin levels. Mayo Clin Proc. 2011;86:606-14 pubmed publisher..The MayoGC provides a model of a unique collaborative effort in the environment of a common EMR for the investigation of genetic determinants of diseases. ..
- Mackenzie P, Owens I, Burchell B, Bock K, Bairoch A, Belanger A, et al. The UDP glycosyltransferase gene superfamily: recommended nomenclature update based on evolutionary divergence. Pharmacogenetics. 1997;7:255-69 pubmed..g. UGT1A1*30) consistent with the Human Gene Nomenclature Guidelines. It is anticipated that this UGT gene nomenclature system will require updating on a regular basis. ..
- Milton J, Sebastiani P, Solovieff N, Hartley S, Bhatnagar P, Arking D, et al. A genome-wide association study of total bilirubin and cholelithiasis risk in sickle cell anemia. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34741 pubmed publisher..15 × 10(-4)). These results confirm that the UGT1A region is the major regulator of bilirubin metabolism in African Americans with sickle cell anemia, similar to what is observed in other ethnicities...
- King C, Rios G, Green M, Tephly T. UDP-glucuronosyltransferases. Curr Drug Metab. 2000;1:143-61 pubmed..This review discusses the two UGT gene families, substrate specificities, and the recent discoveries of UGTs in extrahepatic tissues. ..