Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: UBN1
Description: ubinuclein 1
Alias: VT4, HIRA-binding protein, ubinuclein-1, ubiquitously expressed nuclear protein
- Histone H3.1 and H3.3 complexes mediate nucleosome assembly pathways dependent or independent of DNA synthesisHideaki Tagami
Dana Farber Cancer Institute and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Cell 116:51-61. 2004..This finding provides new insights into possible mechanisms for maintenance of epigenetic information after chromatin duplication...
- Identification of an ubinuclein 1 region required for stability and function of the human HIRA/UBN1/CABIN1/ASF1a histone H3.3 chaperone complexYong Tang
The Wistar Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, United States
Biochemistry 51:2366-77. 2012The mammalian HIRA/UBN1/CABIN1/ASF1a (HUCA) histone chaperone complex deposits the histone H3 variant H3.3 into chromatin and is linked to gene activation, repression, and chromatin assembly in diverse cell contexts...
- Placing the HIRA histone chaperone complex in the chromatin landscapeNikolay A Pchelintsev
CR UK Beatson Labs, Institute of Cancer Sciences, University of Glasgow, Glasgow G61 1BD, UK
Cell Rep 3:1012-9. 2013The HIRA chaperone complex, comprised of HIRA, UBN1, and CABIN1, collaborates with histone-binding protein ASF1a to incorporate histone variant H3.3 into chromatin in a DNA replication-independent manner...
- Identification of new interacting partners of the shuttling protein ubinuclein (Ubn-1)Julien Lupo
Unit of Virus Host Cell Interactions, UMI 3265 UJF EMBL CNRS, 6 rue Jules Horowitz, BP 181, F 38042 Grenoble Cedex 9, France
Exp Cell Res 318:509-20. 2012..Altogether, these results suggest that Ubn-1 is a scaffold protein influencing protein subcellular localization and is involved in several processes such as cell-cell contact signalling or modulation of gene activity...
- Dynamics of histone H3 deposition in vivo reveal a nucleosome gap-filling mechanism for H3.3 to maintain chromatin integrityDominique Ray-Gallet
Centre de Recherche, Institut Curie, 75248 Paris, France
Mol Cell 44:928-41. 2011..3, and HIRA association with Pol II ensures local H3.3 enrichment at specific sites. We discuss the importance of this H3.3 deposition as a salvage pathway to maintain chromatin integrity...
- Characterization of anti-TIMP-1 monoclonal antibodies for immunohistochemical localization in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissueIrene Vejgaard Sorensen
Institute of Veterinary Pathobiology, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Ridebanevej 9, 1870 Frederiksberg, Denmark
J Histochem Cytochem 54:1075-86. 2006..Indirect IHC technique was used, and the seven antibodies (clones VT1, VT2, VT4, VT5, VT6, VT7, and VT8) were tested in various concentrations using different pretreatment protocols...
- Neural distribution of vasotocin receptor mRNA in two species of songbirdCary H Leung
Department of Psychology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Endocrinology 152:4865-81. 2011..we generated partial cDNA sequences for four VT receptor subtypes, VT1, VT2 (V1b), VT3 (oxytocin-like), and VT4 (V1a), in white-throated sparrow (Zonotrichia albicollis) and zebra finch (Taeniopygia guttata)...
- Human CABIN1 is a functional member of the human HIRA/UBN1/ASF1a histone H3.3 chaperone complexTaranjit Singh Rai
Institute of Cancer Sciences, CR UK Beatson Labs, University of Glasgow, Switchback Road, Bearsden G61 1BD, United Kingdom
Mol Cell Biol 31:4107-18. 2011The mammalian HIRA/UBN1/ASF1a complex is a histone chaperone complex that is conserved from yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) to humans. This complex preferentially deposits the histone variant H3...
- The nuclear and adherent junction complex component protein ubinuclein negatively regulates the productive cycle of Epstein-Barr virus in epithelial cellsHenri Gruffat
U758 INSERM, ENS Lyon, 46 allee d Italie, F 69007 Lyon, France
J Virol 85:784-94. 2011....
- Human UBN1 is an ortholog of yeast Hpc2p and has an essential role in the HIRA/ASF1a chromatin-remodeling pathway in senescent cellsGowrishankar Banumathy
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Mol Cell Biol 29:758-70. 2009..for remote orthologs conserved in multiple species through evolution, we identified the HIRA-associated proteins, UBN1 and UBN2, as candidate human orthologs of Hpc2p...
- Characterization of the ubinuclein protein as a new member of the nuclear and adhesion complex components (NACos)Sirpa Aho
Department of Dermatology and Cutaneous Biology, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Biol Cell 101:319-34. 2009..The corresponding mRNA was detected in a wide range of cell types and the protein was highly expressed in the nucleus of human keratinocytes. On the basis of these observations, we named this protein ubinuclein...
- Candidate-gene screening and association analysis at the autism-susceptibility locus on chromosome 16p: evidence of association at GRIN2A and ABATGabrielle Barnby
Wellcome Trust Centre for Human Genetics, University of Oxford, Oxford, United Kingdom
Am J Hum Genet 76:950-66. 2005..to 16p11-13 were examined for coding variants: A2BP1, ABAT, BFAR, CREBBP, EMP2, GRIN2A, MRTF-B, SSTR5, TBX6, and UBN1. Screening of all coding and regulatory regions by denaturing high-performance liquid chromatography identified ..
- [Secular trend of puberty]G Bona
Clinica Pediatrica, Universita degli Studi del Piemonte Orientale A Avogadro, Novara, Italy
Minerva Pediatr 54:553-7. 2002..for ages of attainment of B2 and PH2 stages for females and G2, PH2 and testicular volume = or >4 ml (VT4) for males. In females the percentile values for B2 were: 3rd=8.1, 50th=10.5, and 97th=12.6 years...
- SF-36 health survey: tests of data quality, scaling assumptions, and reliability in a community sample of Chinese AmericansD F Chang
Department of Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles 90095 1563, USA
Med Care 38:542-8. 2000....
- Ubinuclein, a novel nuclear protein interacting with cellular and viral transcription factorsS Aho
Department of Dermatology, Jefferson Medical College, and Jefferson Institute of Molecular Medicine, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107, USA
J Cell Biol 148:1165-76. 2000..3 and in a syntenic region in mouse chromosome 16. We designated this novel ubiquitously expressed nuclear protein as ubinuclein and the corresponding gene as UBN1.
- A Unique Natural Model for Studying the Mechanisms Underlying Social BehaviorDonna L Maney; Fiscal Year: 2010..Here, we will study these influences in an animal model with a natural polymorphism that provides a unique opportunity to characterize the processes underlying aggression and parenting. ..