Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: UBE2T
Description: ubiquitin conjugating enzyme E2 T
Alias: FANCT, HSPC150, PIG50, ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 T, E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme T, HSPC150 protein similar to ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme, cell proliferation-inducing gene 50 protein, ubiquitin carrier protein T, ubiquitin conjugating enzyme E2T, ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2T (putative), ubiquitin-protein ligase T
Publications123 found, 100 shown here
- Chen G, Wu C, He L, Qiu Z, Zhang S, Zhang Y, et al. Knocking Out the Gene RLS1 Induces Hypersensitivity to Oxidative Stress and Premature Leaf Senescence in Rice. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..The product of RLS1 is presumed to be a critical component of the rice oxidative stress response and is involved in ROS (reactive oxygen species)-mediated leaf senescence. ..
- Das Bradoo S, Nguyen H, Wood J, Ricke R, Haworth J, Bielinsky A. Defects in DNA ligase I trigger PCNA ubiquitylation at Lys 107. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:74-9; sup pp 1-20 pubmed publisher..We propose that PCNA ubiquitylation provides a 'DNA damage code' that allows cells to categorize different types of defects that arise during DNA replication. ..
- Zheng L, Chen Y, Ding D, Zhou Y, Ding L, Wei J, et al. Endoplasmic reticulum-localized UBC34 interaction with lignin repressors MYB221 and MYB156 regulates the transactivity of the transcription factors in Populus tomentosa. BMC Plant Biol. 2019;19:97 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest a possible mechanism by which lignin biosynthesis is regulated by ER-localized PtoUBC34 in poplar, probably through the ER-associated degradation (ERAD) of lignin-associated repressors PtoMYB221 and PtoMYB156. ..
- Brenke J, Popowicz G, Schorpp K, Rothenaigner I, Roesner M, Meininger I, et al. Targeting TRAF6 E3 ligase activity with a small-molecule inhibitor combats autoimmunity. J Biol Chem. 2018;293:13191-13203 pubmed publisher..We propose that inhibition of TRAF6 activity by small molecules represents a promising novel strategy for targeting autoimmune and chronic inflammatory diseases. ..
- Huang L, Yan H, Jiang X, Zhang Y, Zhang X, Ji Y, et al. Reference gene selection for quantitative real-time reverse-transcriptase PCR in orchardgrass subjected to various abiotic stresses. Gene. 2014;553:158-65 pubmed publisher..Our study identified and validated the possible reference genes in orchardgrass that may be used for quantification of target gene expression under various abiotic stresses. ..
- Takaoka K, Kawazu M, Koya J, Yoshimi A, Masamoto Y, Maki H, et al. A germline HLTF mutation in familial MDS induces DNA damage accumulation through impaired PCNA polyubiquitination. Leukemia. 2019;: pubmed publisher..In summary, our results indicate that a familial MDS-associated HLTF E259K germline mutation induces accumulation of DNA double-strand breaks, possibly through impaired PCNA polyubiquitination. ..
- Abdullah M, Lee C, Mat Junit S, Ng K, Hashim O. Tissue and serum samples of patients with papillary thyroid cancer with and without benign background demonstrate different altered expression of proteins. Peerj. 2016;4:e2450 pubmed publisher..These proteins stand to have a potential use as tissue or serum biomarkers to discriminate the three different thyroid neoplasms although this requires further validation in clinically representative populations. ..
- Chrysis D, Chagin A, SÃ¤vendahl L. Insulin-like growth factor-1 restores dexamethasone-induced heart growth arrest in rats: the role of the ubiquitin pathway. Hormones (Athens). 2011;10:46-56 pubmed..Our findings reveal a possible mechanism for the anti-proteolytic actions of IGF-1 and its cardioprotective role involving the Ub pathway. ..
- Kang S, Rosales J, Meier Stephenson V, Kim S, Lee K, Narendran A. Genome-wide loss-of-function genetic screening identifies opioid receptor Î¼1 as a key regulator of L-asparaginase resistance in pediatric acute lymphoblastic leukemia. Oncogene. 2017;36:5910-5913 pubmed publisher..Oprm1 may also be utilized for effective treatment of L-asparaginase-resistant ALL. ..
- Li J, Wang B, Fei Q, Yang Y, Li D. Identification of candidate genes in osteoporosis by integrated microarray analysis. Bone Joint Res. 2016;5:594-601 pubmed..Cite this article: J. J. Li, B. Q. Wang, Q. Fei, Y. Yang, D. Li. Identification of candidate genes in osteoporosis by integrated microarray analysis. Bone Joint Res 2016;5:594-601. DOI: 10.1302/2046-3758.512.BJR-2016-0073.R1. ..
- Takenokuchi M, Miyamoto K, Saigo K, Taniguchi T. Bortezomib Causes ER Stress-related Death of Acute Promyelocytic Leukemia Cells Through Excessive Accumulation of PML-RARA. Anticancer Res. 2015;35:3307-16 pubmed..Furthermore, monitoring of UPS-related enzymes might have use in predicting the treatment response to proteasome inhibitors and in assessing their therapeutic effects. ..
- Zhao R, Wang Y, Zhang M, Gu X, Wang W, Tan J, et al. Screening of potential therapy targets for prostate cancer using integrated analysis of two gene expression profiles. Oncol Lett. 2017;14:5361-5369 pubmed publisher..The identified DEGs and TFs may have critical roles in the progression of prostate cancer, and may be used as target molecules for treating prostate cancer...
- Derenzini E, Mondello P, Erazo T, Portelinha A, Liu Y, Scallion M, et al. BET Inhibition-Induced GSK3? Feedback Enhances Lymphoma Vulnerability to PI3K Inhibitors. Cell Rep. 2018;24:2155-2166 pubmed publisher..levels and ?-catenin protein abundance through downregulating the E2 ubiquitin conjugating enzymes UBE2C and UBE2T. In a mouse xenograft DLBCL model, BETi decrease MYC, UBE2C, and UBE2T and increase phospho-GSK3? S9 levels, ..
- Mokarram P, Shakiba Jam F, Kavousipour S, Sarabi M, Seghatoleslam A. Promoter Methylation Status of Two Novel Human Genes, UBE2Q1 and UBE2Q2, in Colorectal Cancer: a New Finding in Iranian Patients. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2015;16:8247-52 pubmed..UBE2Q1 and UBE2Q2 genes show different methylation profiles in CRC cases. ..
- Barrado Gil L, Galindo I, Martínez Alonso D, Viedma S, Alonso C. The ubiquitin-proteasome system is required for African swine fever replication. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0189741 pubmed publisher..At later steps, polyubiquitinated proteins at viral factories could exert regulatory roles in cell signaling...
- Xi J, Pan Y, Wei Z, Yang C, Gao X, Peng T, et al. Proteomics-based identification and analysis proteins associated with spirotetramat tolerance in Aphis gossypii Glover. Pestic Biochem Physiol. 2015;119:74-80 pubmed publisher..Among these proteins, the acetyl-coA carboxylase (ACC), heat shock protein 70, ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme, fatty acid synthase, UDP-glucose 6-dehydrogenase, etc. are speculated confer the spirotetramat resistance in cotton aphids. ..
- Zhang L, Sui Y, Wang T, Li L, Li Y, Jin C, et al. [Roles of hMMS2 gene in reversing the oxaliplatin tolerance of human colon carcinoma cells]. Yi Chuan. 2014;36:346-53 pubmed..The above observations collec-tively indicate that suppression of hMMS2 reverses L-OHP tolerance in differentiated human colorectal carcinoma cells by promoting apoptosis. ..
- DaRosa P, Wang Z, Jiang X, Pruneda J, Cong F, Klevit R, et al. Allosteric activation of the RNF146 ubiquitin ligase by a poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation signal. Nature. 2015;517:223-6 pubmed publisher..We propose that the maintenance of unliganded RNF146 in an inactive state may serve to maintain the stability of the RNF146-TNKS complex, which in turn regulates the homeostasis of PARdU activity in the cell. ..
- Auler P, Benitez L, do Amaral M, Vighi I, Rodrigues G, da Maia L, et al. Selection of candidate reference genes and validation for real-time PCR studies in rice plants exposed to low temperatures. Genet Mol Res. 2017;16: pubmed publisher..The validation with the antioxidant system genes SODCc1-Cu/Zn, CATC, APX2, and GR2 confirmed the importance of using previously tested normalizing genes for adequate real-time PCR results. ..
- Zhang Y, Gao G, Lin R, Aweya J, Tao M, Wang F. Transcriptome analyses reveal Litopenaeus vannamei hemocytes response to lipopolysaccharide. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2018;76:187-195 pubmed publisher..Our results showed that L. vannamei hemocyte inflammation responses share a lot of similarities with mammalian macrophage inflammation responses. ..
- Shafiee S, Rasti M, Seghatoleslam A, Azimi T, Owji A. UBE2Q1 in a Human Breast Carcinoma Cell Line: Overexpression and Interaction with p53. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2015;16:3723-7 pubmed..This repression of p53 may be due to its UBE2Q1 mediated ubiquitination and subsequent proteasome degradation, a process that may involve direct interaction of UBE2Q1with p53. ..
- Wang P, Sun X, Jia X, Ma F. Apple autophagy-related protein MdATG3s afford tolerance to multiple abiotic stresses. Plant Sci. 2017;256:53-64 pubmed publisher..These overall results demonstrate that, as important autophagy genes, overexpression of MdATG3s can afford tolerance to multiple abiotic stresses at the cellular and whole-plant level. ..
- Xu M, Liu S, Zheng B, Wu J, Wu M, Zhang Y, et al. The radiotherapy-sensitization effect of cantharidin: Mechanisms involving cell cycle regulation, enhanced DNA damage, and inhibited DNA damage repair. Pancreatology. 2018;18:822-832 pubmed publisher..Moreover, cantharidin repressed expressions of several genes participating in DNA damage repair, including UBE2T, RPA1, GTF2HH5, LIG1, POLD3, RMI2, XRCC1, PRKDC, FANC1, FAAP100, RAD50, RAD51D, RAD51B and DMC1, through JNK, ERK, ..
- Tuccilli C, Baldini E, Sorrenti S, Di Gioia C, Bosco D, Ascoli V, et al. PAPILLARY THYROID CANCER IS CHARACTERIZED BY ALTERED EXPRESSION OF GENES INVOLVED IN THE SUMOYLATION PROCESS. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2015;29:655-62 pubmed..However, differently from other human cancers, their mRNA level does not represent a prognostic biomarker in PTC patients. ..
- Wang D, Tian Y, Wei D, Jing Y, Niu H, Xie K, et al. DNA Damage-Induced Foci of E2 Ubiquitin-Conjugating Enzyme are Detectable upon Co-transfection with an Interacting E3 Ubiquitin Ligase. Biochem Genet. 2016;54:147-57 pubmed publisher..Here, we present a new method for the observation of E2 IRIF. This method is based on the co-transfection of interacting E2 and E3 enzymes into cells and identifies IRIF via immunofluorescence following DNA damage. ..
- Nicolau Neto P, Palumbo A, De Martino M, Esposito F, de Almeida SimÃ£o T, Fusco A, et al. UBE2C Is a Transcriptional Target of the Cell Cycle Regulator FOXM1. Genes (Basel). 2018;9: pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study provides evidences that FOXM1 transcriptionally regulates UBE2C expression in ESCC and their deregulation may be a general phenomenon in human neoplasias. ..
- Fortian A, Dionne L, Hong S, Kim W, Gygi S, Watkins S, et al. Endocytosis of Ubiquitylation-Deficient EGFR Mutants via Clathrin-Coated Pits is Mediated by Ubiquitylation. Traffic. 2015;16:1137-54 pubmed publisher..We propose that two redundant mechanisms, ubiquitylation and interaction with AP-2, contribute to EGFR endocytosis via CCPs in a stochastic fashion. ..
- Somasagara R, Spencer S, Tripathi K, Clark D, Mani C, Madeira da Silva L, et al. RAD6 promotes DNA repair and stem cell signaling in ovarian cancer and is a promising therapeutic target to prevent and treat acquired chemoresistance. Oncogene. 2017;36:6680-6690 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that RAD6 could be a therapeutic target to prevent and treat acquired chemoresistance and disease recurrence in OC and enhance the efficacy of standard chemotherapy. ..
- Lechtenberg B, Rajput A, Sanishvili R, Dobaczewska M, Ware C, Mace P, et al. Structure of a HOIP/E2~ubiquitin complex reveals RBR E3 ligase mechanism and regulation. Nature. 2016;529:546-50 pubmed publisher..The features uncovered reveal critical states of the HOIP RBR E3 ligase cycle, and comparison with Parkin and HHARI suggests a general mechanism for RBR E3 ligases. ..
- Ibarra R, Sandoval D, Fredrickson E, Gardner R, Kleiger G. The San1 Ubiquitin Ligase Functions Preferentially with Ubiquitin-conjugating Enzyme Ubc1 during Protein Quality Control. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:18778-90 pubmed publisher..We discuss how these results may have broad implications for the regulation of PQC-mediated protein degradation. ..
- Garrison J, Ge C, Che L, Pullum D, Peng G, Khan S, et al. Knockdown of the Inhibitor of Apoptosis BRUCE Sensitizes Resistant Breast Cancer Cells to Chemotherapeutic Agents. J Cancer Sci Ther. 2015;7:121-126 pubmed..Therefore, future development of effective inhibitors of BRUCE could benefit patients with high BRUCE expression and chemoresistance. ..
- SauvÃ© V, Lilov A, Seirafi M, Vranas M, Rasool S, Kozlov G, et al. A Ubl/ubiquitin switch in the activation of Parkin. EMBO J. 2015;34:2492-505 pubmed publisher..Measurements of the E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme UbcH7 binding to Parkin and Parkin E3 ligase activity suggest that Parkin phosphorylation regulates E3 ligase activity downstream of pUb binding. ..
- Tomasi M, Ryoo M, Ramani K, Tomasi I, Giordano P, Mato J, et al. Methionine adenosyltransferase Î±2 sumoylation positively regulate Bcl-2 expression in human colon and liver cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2015;6:37706-23 pubmed publisher..These interactions feed forward to further enhance growth and survival of the cancer cell. ..
- Somasagara R, Tripathi K, Spencer S, Clark D, Barnett R, Bachaboina L, et al. Rad6 upregulation promotes stem cell-like characteristics and platinum resistance in ovarian cancer. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2016;469:449-55 pubmed publisher..These findings show the importance of Rad6 in ovarian cancer and emphasize the need for further studies of Rad6 as a potential target for the treatment of ovarian cancer. ..
- Chen M, Nowak D, Narula N, Robinson B, Watrud K, Ambrico A, et al. The nuclear transport receptor Importin-11 is a tumor suppressor that maintains PTEN protein. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:641-656 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data introduce the IPO11 gene as a tumor-suppressor locus, which is of special importance in cancers that still retain at least one intact PTEN allele. ..
- Lu Y, Hippen K, Lemire A, Gu J, Wang W, Ni X, et al. miR-146b antagomir-treated human Tregs acquire increased GVHD inhibitory potency. Blood. 2016;128:1424-35 pubmed publisher..In vitro exposure of human tTregs to miR-146b antagomirs can be exploited to improve the clinical efficacy of human adoptive tTreg transfer in a GVHD setting. ..
- Kao Y, Fleming W, Ventura M, Bartel B. Genetic Interactions between PEROXIN12 and Other Peroxisome-Associated Ubiquitination Components. Plant Physiol. 2016;172:1643-1656 pubmed..Future biochemical analyses will be needed to determine whether destabilization of the RING peroxin complex observed in pex12-1 stems from PEX4-dependent ubiquitination on the pex12-1 ectopic Lys residue. ..
- Liu X, Zhao B, Sun L, Bhuripanyo K, Wang Y, Bi Y, et al. Orthogonal ubiquitin transfer identifies ubiquitination substrates under differential control by the two ubiquitin activating enzymes. Nat Commun. 2017;8:14286 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that distinctive substrate pools exist for Uba1 and Uba6 that reflect non-redundant biological roles for Uba6. ..
- Wang C, Chang J, Yan H, Wang D, Liu Y, Jing Y, et al. A conserved RAD6-MDM2 ubiquitin ligase machinery targets histone chaperone ASF1A in tumorigenesis. Oncotarget. 2015;6:29599-613 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that the RAD6-MDM2 ubiquitin ligase machinery is critical for the degradation of chromatin-related proteins. ..
- Li S, Liang Y, Mariano J, Metzger M, Stringer D, Hristova V, et al. Insights into Ubiquitination from the Unique Clamp-like Binding of the RING E3 AO7 to the E2 UbcH5B. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:30225-39 pubmed publisher..We show that mutations having marked effects on function only minimally affect the intermolecular interactions between the AO7 RING and UbcH5B, establishing a high degree of complexity in activation through the RING-E2 interface. ..
- Yan W, Ding A, Kim H, Zheng H, Wei F, Ma X. Progranulin Controls Sepsis via C/EBP?-Regulated Il10 Transcription and Ubiquitin Ligase/Proteasome-Mediated Protein Degradation. J Immunol. 2016;197:3393-3405 pubmed..The results bear strong and profound implications for PGRN insufficiency and its mutation-associated systemic and organ-specific inflammatory human diseases. ..
- Longerich S, Kwon Y, Tsai M, Hlaing A, Kupfer G, Sung P. Regulation of FANCD2 and FANCI monoubiquitination by their interaction and by DNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 2014;42:5657-70 pubmed publisher..Using the ubiquitin conjugating enzyme (E2) UBE2T and ubiquitin ligase (E3) FANCL, monoubiquitination of human FANCD2 and FANCI was examined...
- Zhang Y, Shi C, Zhang H, Li G, Li S. MLN4924 suppresses neddylation and induces cell cycle arrest, senescence, and apoptosis in human osteosarcoma. Oncotarget. 2016;7:45263-45274 pubmed publisher..These results suggest clinical studies investigating the utility of MLN4924 for the treatment of OS are warranted. ..
- Cheng C, Shiah S, Huang C, Hsiao J, Chang J. Up-regulation of miR-455-5p by the TGF-?-SMAD signalling axis promotes the proliferation of oral squamous cancer cells by targeting UBE2B. J Pathol. 2016;240:38-49 pubmed publisher..Copyright © 2016 Pathological Society of Great Britain and Ireland. Published by John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- An H, Yang L, Wang C, Gan Z, Gu H, Zhang T, et al. Interactome Analysis Reveals a Novel Role for RAD6 in the Regulation of Proteasome Activity and Localization in Response to DNA Damage. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..Therefore, we provide a novel pathway that is employed by RAD6 in response to DNA damage. ..
- Chen Y, Wang Y, Li Y, Sun X, Dai M. Otub1 stabilizes MDMX and promotes its proapoptotic function at the mitochondria. Oncotarget. 2017;8:11053-11062 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that Otub1 stabilizes MDMX and promotes p53S46P and mitochondria-mediated apoptosis, providing an alternative mechanism of Otub1's role in apoptosis. ..
- Park C, Ivanova I, Kenneth N. XIAP upregulates expression of HIF target genes by targeting HIF1Î± for Lys63-linked polyubiquitination. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:9336-9347 pubmed publisher..Our data reveals an additional and significant level of control of the HIF1 by XIAP, with important implications in understanding the role of HIF1 and XIAP in human disease. ..
- Teckman J, Gilmore R, Perlmutter D. Role of ubiquitin in proteasomal degradation of mutant alpha(1)-antitrypsin Z in the endoplasmic reticulum. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2000;278:G39-48 pubmed
- Imura Y, Molho M, Chuang C, Nagy P. Cellular Ubc2/Rad6 E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme facilitates tombusvirus replication in yeast and plants. Virology. 2015;484:265-75 pubmed publisher..We provide evidence that Rad6p is involved in promoting the subversion of Vps23p and Vps4p ESCRT proteins for viral replicase complex assembly. ..
- Wu K, Chong R, Yu Q, Bai J, Spratt D, Ching K, et al. Suramin inhibits cullin-RING E3 ubiquitin ligases. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2016;113:E2011-8 pubmed publisher..When introduced into cells, suramin induced accumulation of CRL substrates. These observations help develop a strategy of regulating ubiquitination by targeting an E2-E3 interface through small-molecule modulators. ..
- Joo E, Fukushima T, Harada N, Reed J, Matsuzawa S, Inagaki N. Ubc13 haploinsufficiency protects against age-related insulin resistance and high-fat diet-induced obesity. Sci Rep. 2016;6:35983 pubmed publisher..Thus, Ubc13 could represent a therapeutic target for insulin resistance, diet-induced obesity, and associated metabolic dysfunctions. ..
- Xu Y, Zhang Z, Li J, Tong J, Cao B, Taylor P, et al. The ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme UBE2O modulates c-Maf stability and induces myeloma cell apoptosis. J Hematol Oncol. 2017;10:132 pubmed publisher..UBE2O mediates c-Maf polyubiquitination and degradation, induces MM cell apoptosis, and suppresses myeloma tumor growth, which provides a novel insight in understanding myelomagenesis and UBE2O biology. ..
- Kim E, Kwak S, Hwang D, Yi E, Park K, Koo B, et al. The Level of Autoantibodies Targeting Eukaryote Translation Elongation Factor 1 Î±1 and Ubiquitin-Conjugating Enzyme 2L3 in Nondiabetic Young Adults. Diabetes Metab J. 2016;40:154-60 pubmed publisher..However, the wide variation in EEF1A1-AAb and UBE2L3-AAb levels apparent among the control subjects <40 years old should be taken into consideration when determining the cutoff reference range for the diagnosis of T1DM. ..
- Foglizzo M, Middleton A, Day C. Structure and Function of the RING Domains of RNF20 and RNF40, Dimeric E3 Ligases that Monoubiquitylate Histone H2B. J Mol Biol. 2016;428:4073-4086 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we show that the RING domains of RNF20 and RNF40 can form a stable heterodimer that is active. Together, our studies provide new insights into the mechanisms that regulate RNF20-mediated ubiquitin transfer from Ube2B. ..
- Xu S, Jiang Y, Wang N, Xia B, Jiang Y, Li X, et al. Identification and differential regulation of microRNAs in response to methyl jasmonate treatment in Lycoris aurea by deep sequencing. BMC Genomics. 2016;17:789 pubmed..This study represents the first transcriptome-based analysis of miRNAs in Lycoris and will contribute to understanding the potential roles of miRNAs involved in regulation of MJ response. ..
- Li L, Li X, Wang W, Gao T, Shi Z. UBE2C is involved in the functions of ECRG4 on esophageal squamous cell carcinoma. Biomed Pharmacother. 2018;98:201-206 pubmed publisher..ECRG4 down-regulated UBE2C expression in ESCC cells via NF-κB signaling. UBE2C was involved in the anti-proliferative and pro-apoptotic functions of ECRG4 in ESCC cells. ..
- Jue D, Sang X, Liu L, Shu B, Wang Y, Xie J, et al. The Ubiquitin-Conjugating Enzyme Gene Family in Longan (Dimocarpus longan Lour.): Genome-Wide Identification and Gene Expression during Flower Induction and Abiotic Stress Responses. Molecules. 2018;23: pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results provide a comprehensive insight into the organization, phylogeny, and expression patterns of the longan UBC genes, and therefore contribute to the greater understanding of their biological roles in longan. ..
- Flores Pérez A, Elizondo G. Apoptosis induction and inhibition of HeLa cell proliferation by alpha-naphthoflavone and resveratrol are aryl hydrocarbon receptor-independent. Chem Biol Interact. 2018;281:98-105 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results indicate that ?-NF's and resveratrol's cytostatic and cytotoxic actions, respectively, occur through an AHR-independent mechanism, and that AHR is not required for HeLa cell proliferation. ..
- Hira A, Yoshida K, Sato K, Okuno Y, Shiraishi Y, Chiba K, et al. Mutations in the gene encoding the E2 conjugating enzyme UBE2T cause Fanconi anemia. Am J Hum Genet. 2015;96:1001-7 pubmed publisher..The UBE2T E2 ubiquitin conjugating enzyme acts in FANCD2/FANCI monoubiquitination, a critical event in the pathway...
- Miles J, Frost M, Carroll E, Rowe M, Howard M, Sidhu A, et al. The Fanconi Anemia DNA Repair Pathway Is Regulated by an Interaction between Ubiquitin and the E2-like Fold Domain of FANCL. J Biol Chem. 2015;290:20995-1006 pubmed publisher..is not necessary for the recognition of the core complex, it does not enhance the interaction between FANCL and Ube2T, and is not required for FANCD2 monoubiquitination in vitro...
- Yoshimura S, Kasamatsu A, Nakashima D, Iyoda M, Kasama H, Saito T, et al. UBE2S associated with OSCC proliferation by promotion of P21 degradation via the ubiquitin-proteasome system. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2017;485:820-825 pubmed publisher..These findings might promote the understanding of the relationship between UBE2S overexpression and oral cancer proliferation, indicating that UBE2S would be a potential biomarker of and therapeutic target in OSCCs. ..
- Elangovan M, Chong H, Park J, Yeo E, Yoo Y. The role of ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Ube2j1 phosphorylation and its degradation by proteasome during endoplasmic stress recovery. J Cell Commun Signal. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data suggest that Ube2j1 and its phosphorylation is important for transient ER stress cell recovery and the phosphorylated Ube2j1 is degraded by the proteasome. ..
- Wilson R, Zamfir S, Sumner I. Molecular dynamics simulations reveal a new role for a conserved active site asparagine in a ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme. J Mol Graph Model. 2017;76:403-411 pubmed publisher..Short water wires form with greater probability in the wild type than in mutant enzymes. ..
- Zhang B, Deng C, Wang L, Zhou F, Zhang S, Kang W, et al. Upregulation of UBE2Q1 via gene copy number gain in hepatocellular carcinoma promotes cancer progression through ?-catenin-EGFR-PI3K-Akt-mTOR signaling pathway. Mol Carcinog. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Our findings indicate that UBE2Q1 is a candidate oncogene involved in HCC development and progression and therefore a potential therapeutic target in applicable HCC patients...
- Pantazopoulou M, Boban M, Foisner R, Ljungdahl P. Cdc48 and Ubx1 participate in a pathway associated with the inner nuclear membrane that governs Asi1 degradation. J Cell Sci. 2016;129:3770-3780 pubmed..Asi1 turnover occurs largely independently of the Asi1-Asi3 or Doa10 complexes, indicating that it is subject to quality control at the INM in a manner distinct from that of the characterized INMAD pathways. ..
- Saugar I, Jiménez Martín A, Tercero J. Subnuclear Relocalization of Structure-Specific Endonucleases in Response to DNA Damage. Cell Rep. 2017;20:1553-1562 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that subnuclear relocalization is relevant for the function of Mus81-Mms4 and, probably, of the endonucleases that colocalize with it. ..
- Wang B, Zeng L, Merillat S, Fischer S, Ochaba J, Thompson L, et al. The ubiquitin conjugating enzyme Ube2W regulates solubility of the Huntington's disease protein, huntingtin. Neurobiol Dis. 2018;109:127-136 pubmed publisher..This study sheds light on the potential function of the non-canonical ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme, Ube2W, in this polyQ neurodegenerative disease. ..
- Perez Peña J, Corrales Sánchez V, Amir E, Pandiella A, Ocana A. Ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2T (UBE2T) and denticleless protein homolog (DTL) are linked to poor outcome in breast and lung cancers. Sci Rep. 2017;7:17530 pubmed publisher..Two genes, the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2T (UBE2T) and the denticleless protein homolog (DTL) were overexpressed and linked with detrimental outcome in basal-like ..
- Garcia Closas M, Couch F, Lindstrom S, Michailidou K, Schmidt M, Brook M, et al. Genome-wide association studies identify four ER negative-specific breast cancer risk loci. Nat Genet. 2013;45:392-8, 398e1-2 pubmed publisher..05). These findings provide further evidence for distinct etiological pathways associated with invasive ER-positive and ER-negative breast cancers. ..
- Li Y, Xie P, Lu L, Wang J, Diao L, Liu Z, et al. An integrated bioinformatics platform for investigating the human E3 ubiquitin ligase-substrate interaction network. Nat Commun. 2017;8:347 pubmed publisher..Here, the authors take an in silico naÃ¯ve Bayesian classifier approach to integrate multiple lines of evidence for E3-substrate prediction, enabling prediction of the proteome-wide human E3 ligase interaction network. ..
- Miyamoto K, Nakatani A, Saito K. The unique N-terminal zinc finger of synaptotagmin-like protein 4 reveals FYVE structure. Protein Sci. 2017;26:2451-2457 pubmed publisher..The cross-brace structure of the Slp4N peptide could be utilized as the scaffold for the design of ARFs. ..
- Liu J, Li M, Li L, Chen S, Wang X. Ubiquitination of the PI3-kinase VPS-34 promotes VPS-34 stability and phagosome maturation. J Cell Biol. 2018;217:347-360 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that K63-linked ubiquitin modification serves as a general mechanism to modulate VPS-34 stability in multiple processes. ..
- Wing S, Banville D. 14-kDa ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme: structure of the rat gene and regulation upon fasting and by insulin. Am J Physiol. 1994;267:E39-48 pubmed..This is the first demonstration of direct hormonal regulation of a gene in the ubiquitin system and argues strongly for a role of the ubiquitin system in the metabolic response to fasting in skeletal muscle...
- Hodson C, Purkiss A, Miles J, Walden H. Structure of the human FANCL RING-Ube2T complex reveals determinants of cognate E3-E2 selection. Structure. 2014;22:337-44 pubmed publisher..Using the Fanconi Anemia pathway exclusive E3-E2 pair, FANCL-Ube2T, we report the atomic structure of the FANCL RING-Ube2T complex, revealing a specific and extensive network of ..
- Morreale F, Bortoluzzi A, Chaugule V, Arkinson C, Walden H, Ciulli A. Allosteric Targeting of the Fanconi Anemia Ubiquitin-Conjugating Enzyme Ube2T by Fragment Screening. J Med Chem. 2017;60:4093-4098 pubmed publisherb>Ube2T is the E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme of the Fanconi anemia DNA repair pathway and it is overexpressed in several cancers, representing an attractive target for the development of inhibitors...
- Wróblewska J, Cruz Zaragoza L, Yuan W, Schummer A, Chuartzman S, de Boer R, et al. Saccharomyces cerevisiae cells lacking Pex3 contain membrane vesicles that harbor a subset of peroxisomal membrane proteins. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Cell Res. 2017;1864:1656-1667 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that peroxisomal membrane vesicles can form in the absence of Pex3 and that several PMPs can insert in these vesicles in a Pex3 independent manner. ..
- Lyu Y, Wu X, Ren H, Zhou F, Zhou H, Zhang X, et al. Selection of reliable reference genes for gene expression studies in Trichoderma afroharzianum LTR-2 under oxalic acid stress. J Microbiol Methods. 2017;141:28-31 pubmed publisher..The result showed that the expression of OXDC was significantly up-regulated as expected. This study provides an effective method to quantify expression changes of target genes in T. afroharzianum under OA stress. ..
- Virts E, Jankowska A, MacKay C, Glaas M, Wiek C, Kelich S, et al. AluY-mediated germline deletion, duplication and somatic stem cell reversion in UBE2T defines a new subtype of Fanconi anemia. Hum Mol Genet. 2015;24:5093-108 pubmed publisher..Here, we identify the first FA patient with biallelic germline mutations in the ubiquitin E2 conjugase UBE2T. Both mutations were aluY-mediated: a paternal deletion and maternal duplication of exons 2-6...
- Takamori L, Pereira A, Maia Souza G, Vieira L, Ferreira Ribas A. Identification of Endogenous Reference Genes for RT-qPCR Expression Analysis in Urochloa brizantha Under Abiotic Stresses. Sci Rep. 2017;7:8502 pubmed publisher..The expression of Rubisco large subunit gene was normalized against the most stable gene selected by ReFfinder for each stress. ..
- Mizukami S, Watanabe Y, Saegusa Y, Nakajima K, Ito Y, Masubuchi Y, et al. Downregulation of UBE2E2 in rat liver cells after hepatocarcinogen treatment facilitates cell proliferation and slowing down of DNA damage response in GST-P-expressing preneoplastic lesions. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2017;334:207-216 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that repeated hepatocarcinogen treatment of rats causes stabilization of UBE2E2-related ubiquitination target proteins in liver cells to promote carcinogenesis. ..
- Morreale F, Testa A, Chaugule V, Bortoluzzi A, Ciulli A, Walden H. Mind the Metal: A Fragment Library-Derived Zinc Impurity Binds the E2 Ubiquitin-Conjugating Enzyme Ube2T and Induces Structural Rearrangements. J Med Chem. 2017;60:8183-8191 pubmed publisher..report the discovery of a promising initial hit compound targeting the Fanconi anemia ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Ube2T and describe its biophysical and biochemical characterization...
- Cao S, Huang J, Chen J, Hu Y, Hu X, Ren T, et al. Long non-coding RNA UBE2CP3 promotes tumor metastasis by inducing epithelial-mesenchymal transition in hepatocellular carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2017;8:65370-65385 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that lncRNA UBE2CP3 promotes the metastasis of HCC and that serum lncRNA UBE2CP3 may be a new biomarker for the diagnosis of HCC...
- Chen S, Tan Y, Deng H, Shen Z, Liu Y, Wu P, et al. UBE2J2 promotes hepatocellular carcinoma cell epithelial-mesenchymal transition and invasion in vitro. Oncotarget. 2017;8:71736-71749 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that endocytosis by HC cells is closely related to invasion, and may provide new anti-HC therapeutic targets. UBE2J2 may also be a novel biomarker for clinical HC diagnosis. ..
- Ueki T, Park J, Nishidate T, Kijima K, Hirata K, Nakamura Y, et al. Ubiquitination and downregulation of BRCA1 by ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2T overexpression in human breast cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2009;69:8752-60 pubmed publisher..Here, we report a critical role of ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2T (UBE2T), an E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme, in mammary carcinogenesis...