Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: UBE2J1
Description: ubiquitin conjugating enzyme E2 J1
Alias: CGI-76, HSPC153, HSPC205, HSU93243, NCUBE-1, NCUBE1, UBC6, UBC6E, Ubc6p, ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 J1, E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme J1, HSUBC6e, non-canonical ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme 1, ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2, J1 (UBC6 homolog, yeast), ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2, J1, U, yeast ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme UBC6 homolog E
- Chen Q, Zhong Y, Wu Y, Liu L, Wang P, Liu R, et al. HRD1-mediated ERAD tuning of ER-bound E2 is conserved between plants and mammals. Nat Plants. 2016;2:16094 pubmed publisher..Consistently, UBE2J1, the homologue of UBC32 in mammals, was also identified to be targeted by HRD1 for degradation...
- Grove D, Rosser M, Watkins R, Cyr D. Analysis of CFTR folding and degradation in transiently transfected cells. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;741:219-32 pubmed publisher..Methods to detect complexes formed between CFTR folding intermediates and ER quality control factors will also be described. ..
- El Khouri E, Le Pavec G, Toledano M, Delaunay Moisan A. RNF185 is a novel E3 ligase of endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation (ERAD) that targets cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR). J Biol Chem. 2013;288:31177-91 pubmed publisher..Our data thus identify RNF185 and RNF5 as a novel E3 ligase module that is central to the control of CFTR degradation. ..
- Lester D, Farquharson C, Russell G, Houston B. Identification of a family of noncanonical ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes structurally related to yeast UBC6. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;269:474-80 pubmed..on chick growth plate chondrocytes we isolated a cDNA encoding a noncanonical ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme (NCUBE1) structurally similar to yeast UBC6...
- Wu C, Conze D, Li X, Ying S, Hanover J, Ashwell J. TNF-alpha induced c-IAP1/TRAF2 complex translocation to a Ubc6-containing compartment and TRAF2 ubiquitination. EMBO J. 2005;24:1886-98 pubmed..The ER transmembrane Ubc6 bound to c-IAP1 and served as a cognate E2 for c-IAP1's E3 activity in vitro...
- Walter J, Urban J, Volkwein C, Sommer T. Sec61p-independent degradation of the tail-anchored ER membrane protein Ubc6p. EMBO J. 2001;20:3124-31 pubmed..we analyzed the degradation pathway of a tail-anchored ER membrane protein, the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme 6 (Ubc6p). In contrast to other ubiquitin conjugating enzymes (Ubcs), Ubc6p is naturally short-lived...
- Zhong Y, Shen H, Wang Y, Yang Y, Yang P, Fang S. Identification of ERAD components essential for dislocation of the null Hong Kong variant of Î±-1-antitrypsin (NHK). Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;458:424-8 pubmed publisher..In addition, knockdown of 7 of the 21 components enhanced NHK dislocation. This study uncovers a complex functional network of proteins required for NHK dislocation. ..
- Sato T, Sako Y, Sho M, Momohara M, Suico M, Shuto T, et al. STT3B-dependent posttranslational N-glycosylation as a surveillance system for secretory protein. Mol Cell. 2012;47:99-110 pubmed publisher..Hence we postulate that STT3B-dependent posttranslational N-glycosylation is part of a triage-salvage system recognizing cryptic N-glycosylation sites of secretory proteins to preserve protein homeostasis. ..
- Fallon L, Bélanger C, Corera A, Kontogiannea M, Regan Klapisz E, Moreau F, et al. A regulated interaction with the UIM protein Eps15 implicates parkin in EGF receptor trafficking and PI(3)K-Akt signalling. Nat Cell Biol. 2006;8:834-42 pubmed..Considering the role of Akt in neuronal survival, our results have broad new implications for understanding the pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease. ..
- Pattaro C, De Grandi A, Vitart V, Hayward C, Franke A, Aulchenko Y, et al. A meta-analysis of genome-wide data from five European isolates reveals an association of COL22A1, SYT1, and GABRR2 with serum creatinine level. BMC Med Genet. 2010;11:41 pubmed publisher..including the gamma-aminobutyric acid receptor rho-2 (GABRR2) gene and the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2-J1 (UBE2J1) gene (replication p value = 3.6 x 10(-3))...
- Lenk U, Yu H, Walter J, Gelman M, Hartmann E, Kopito R, et al. A role for mammalian Ubc6 homologues in ER-associated protein degradation. J Cell Sci. 2002;115:3007-14 pubmed..In yeast, the tail-anchored ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Ubc6p, which is localized to the cytoplasmic surface of the ER, participates in ER-associated degradation (ERAD) of ..
- Imai Y, Soda M, Inoue H, Hattori N, Mizuno Y, Takahashi R. An unfolded putative transmembrane polypeptide, which can lead to endoplasmic reticulum stress, is a substrate of Parkin. Cell. 2001;105:891-902 pubmed..Moreover, the insoluble form of Pael receptor accumulates in the brains of AR-JP patients. Here, we show that the unfolded Pael receptor is a substrate of Parkin, the accumulation of which may cause selective neuronal death in AR-JP. ..
- Hagiwara M, Ling J, Koenig P, Ploegh H. Posttranscriptional Regulation of Glycoprotein Quality Control in the Endoplasmic Reticulum Is Controlled by the E2Â Ub-Conjugating Enzyme UBC6e. Mol Cell. 2016;63:753-67 pubmed publisher..Functional UBC6e requires its precise location in the ER to form a supramolecular complex with Derlin2...
- Klemm E, Spooner E, Ploegh H. Dual role of ancient ubiquitous protein 1 (AUP1) in lipid droplet accumulation and endoplasmic reticulum (ER) protein quality control. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:37602-14 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate a possible connection between ER protein quality control and lipid droplets. ..
- Oh R, Bai X, Rommens J. Human homologs of Ubc6p ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme and phosphorylation of HsUbc6e in response to endoplasmic reticulum stress. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:21480-90 pubmed..We have undertaken characterization studies of two human homologs, hsUbc6 and hsUbc6e. Both possess tail-anchored protein motifs, display high conservation in their catalytic domains, and are ..
- Kim B, Zavacki A, Curcio Morelli C, Dentice M, Harney J, Larsen P, et al. Endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation of the human type 2 iodothyronine deiodinase (D2) is mediated via an association between mammalian UBC7 and the carboxyl region of D2. Mol Endocrinol. 2003;17:2603-12 pubmed..Mammalian UBC6 (MmUBC6) does not directly associate with D2 but can associate with a complex containing UBC7 and D2...
- Tyler R, Pearce M, Shaler T, Olzmann J, Greenblatt E, Kopito R. Unassembled CD147 is an endogenous endoplasmic reticulum-associated degradation substrate. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4668-78 pubmed publisher..These data establish unassembled CD147(CG) as an endogenous, constitutive ERAD substrate of the OS-9/SEL1L/Hrd1 pathway. ..
- Menon M, Tiedje C, Lafera J, Ronkina N, Konen T, Kotlyarov A, et al. Endoplasmic reticulum-associated ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Ube2j1 is a novel substrate of MK2 (MAPKAP kinase-2) involved in MK2-mediated TNF? production. Biochem J. 2013;456:163-72 pubmed publisher..Using phosphoproteomics we identified the ER (endoplasmic reticulum)-associated ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Ube2j1 as a potential substrate of MK2...
- Younger J, Chen L, Ren H, Rosser M, Turnbull E, Fan C, et al. Sequential quality-control checkpoints triage misfolded cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator. Cell. 2006;126:571-82 pubmed..We identified an ER membrane-associated ubiquitin ligase complex containing the E3 RMA1, the E2 Ubc6e, and Derlin-1 that cooperates with the cytosolic Hsc70/CHIP E3 complex to triage CFTR and CFTR Delta F508...
- Imai Y, Soda M, Hatakeyama S, Akagi T, Hashikawa T, Nakayama K, et al. CHIP is associated with Parkin, a gene responsible for familial Parkinson's disease, and enhances its ubiquitin ligase activity. Mol Cell. 2002;10:55-67 pubmed..Furthermore, CHIP enhanced the ability of Parkin to inhibit cell death induced by Pael-R. Taken together, these results indicate that CHIP is a mammalian E4-like molecule that positively regulates Parkin E3 activity. ..
- Claessen J, Mueller B, Spooner E, Pivorunas V, Ploegh H. The transmembrane segment of a tail-anchored protein determines its degradative fate through dislocation from the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:20732-9 pubmed publisher..b>UBC6e is a tail-anchored E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme that is part of a dislocation complex nucleated by the ER-..
- Elangovan M, Chong H, Park J, Yeo E, Yoo Y. The role of ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Ube2j1 phosphorylation and its degradation by proteasome during endoplasmic stress recovery. J Cell Commun Signal. 2017;: pubmed publisherThe human Ube2j1 and Ube2j2 are the only ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes (E2s) that are localized to endoplasmic reticulum (ER) through its C-terminal transmembrane domains...
- Kalia S, Lee S, Smith P, Liu L, Crocker S, Thorarinsdottir T, et al. BAG5 inhibits parkin and enhances dopaminergic neuron degeneration. Neuron. 2004;44:931-45 pubmed..This contrasts with the antideath functions ascribed to BAG family members and suggests a potential role for BAG5 in promoting neurodegeneration in sporadic PD through its functional interactions with parkin and Hsp70. ..
- Fernández Lloris R, Osses N, Jaffray E, Shen L, Vaughan O, Girwood D, et al. Repression of SOX6 transcriptional activity by SUMO modification. FEBS Lett. 2006;580:1215-21 pubmed..Furthermore, co-expression of SOX6 with SUMO2 results in the appearance of SOX6 in a punctate nuclear pattern that colocalized with promyelocytic leukemia protein, which was partially abolished by mutations in SOX6 sumoylation sites. ..