Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: UBE2H
Description: ubiquitin conjugating enzyme E2 H
Alias: E2-20K, GID3, UBC8, UBCH, UBCH2, ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 H, (E3-independent) E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme H, E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme H, GID complex subunit 3, UBC8 homolog, ubiquitin carrier protein H, ubiquitin conjugating enzyme E2H, ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2-20K, ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2H (UBC8 homolog, yeast), ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2H (homologous to yeast UBC8), ubiquitin-protein ligase H
- Sakane A, Hatakeyama S, Sasaki T. Involvement of Rabring7 in EGF receptor degradation as an E3 ligase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;357:1058-64 pubmed..These results suggest that Rabring7 is involved in the endocytic trafficking of EGFR through its E3 ligase activity. ..
- Wada K, Kamitani T. UnpEL/Usp4 is ubiquitinated by Ro52 and deubiquitinated by itself. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2006;342:253-8 pubmed..In conclusion, Ro52 and UnpEL transregulate each other by ubiquitination and deubiquitination. ..
- Kaiser P, Seufert W, Höfferer L, Kofler B, Sachsenmaier C, Herzog H, et al. A human ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme homologous to yeast UBC8. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:8797-802 pubmed..DNA sequencing revealed that this gene, UbcH2, encodes a protein with significant sequence similarity to yeast UBC8. In contrast to a previous report (Qin, S...
- Hayashida S, Yamasaki K, Asada Y, Soeda E, Niikawa N, Kishino T. Construction of a physical and transcript map flanking the imprinted MEST/PEG1 region at 7q32. Genomics. 2000;66:221-5 pubmed..This integrated physical and transcript map provides a valuable resource for identification of an imprinted gene(s) in this region as well as a candidate gene(s) for autistic disorder. ..
- Anandasabapathy N, Ford G, Bloom D, Holness C, Paragas V, Seroogy C, et al. GRAIL: an E3 ubiquitin ligase that inhibits cytokine gene transcription is expressed in anergic CD4+ T cells. Immunity. 2003;18:535-47 pubmed..Expression of GRAIL after an anergizing stimulus may result in ubiquitin-mediated regulation of proteins essential for mitogenic cytokine expression, thus positioning GRAIL as a key player in the induction of the anergic phenotype. ..
- Jones J, Gellert M. Autoubiquitylation of the V(D)J recombinase protein RAG1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:15446-51 pubmed..Disruption of the RING finger and certain RAG1 N-terminal truncations are associated with immunodeficiency in human patients, suggesting that RAG1's ubiquitin ligase is required for its biological role in lymphocyte development. ..
- Meisenberg C, Tait P, Dianova I, Wright K, Edelmann M, Ternette N, et al. Ubiquitin ligase UBR3 regulates cellular levels of the essential DNA repair protein APE1 and is required for genome stability. Nucleic Acids Res. 2012;40:701-11 pubmed publisher..These data propose an important role for UBR3 in the control of the steady state levels of APE1 and consequently error free DNA repair. ..
- Kaiser P, Mandl S, Schweiger M, Schneider R. Characterization of functionally independent domains in the human ubiquitin conjugating enzyme UbcH2. FEBS Lett. 1995;377:193-6 pubmedb>UbcH2 encodes a human ubiquitin conjugating enzyme (E2) able to conjugate ubiquitin to histone H2A in an E3 independent manner in vitro, which indicates that UbcH2 directly interacts with its substrates...
- Nguyen N, Yi J, Park H, Lee J, Ko Y. Mitsugumin 53 (MG53) ligase ubiquitinates focal adhesion kinase during skeletal myogenesis. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:3209-16 pubmed publisher..The FAK protein was associated with the E2 enzyme UBE2H and the E3 enzyme MG53 in endogenous and exogenous immunoprecipitation experiments...
- Yi J, Park J, Ham Y, Nguyen N, Lee N, Hong J, et al. MG53-induced IRS-1 ubiquitination negatively regulates skeletal myogenesis and insulin signalling. Nat Commun. 2013;4:2354 pubmed publisher..that MG53 is an ubiquitin E3 ligase that induces IRS-1 ubiquitination with the help of an E2-conjugating enzyme, UBE2H. Molecular manipulations that disrupt the E3-ligase function of MG53 abolish IRS-1 ubiquitination and enhance ..
- Han Y, Li R, Gao J, Miao S, Wang L. Characterisation of human RING finger protein TRIM69, a novel testis E3 ubiquitin ligase and its subcellular localisation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;429:6-11 pubmed publisher..Collectively, hTRIM69 is a novel E3 ubiquitin ligase identified from human testis and may function to ubiquitinate its particular substrates during spermatogenesis. ..
- An J, Kim E, Zakrzewska A, Yoo Y, Jang J, Han D, et al. UBR2 of the N-end rule pathway is required for chromosome stability via histone ubiquitylation in spermatocytes and somatic cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37414 pubmed publisher..UBR2 functions as a scaffold E3 that promotes HR6B/UbcH2-dependent ubiquitylation of H2A and H2B but not H3 and H4, through a mechanism distinct from typical ..
- Brandl A, Wagner T, Uhlig K, Knauer S, Stauber R, Melchior F, et al. Dynamically regulated sumoylation of HDAC2 controls p53 deacetylation and restricts apoptosis following genotoxic stress. J Mol Cell Biol. 2012;4:284-93 pubmed publisher..Our data show a new molecular mechanism involving a dynamically controlled HDAC2-sumoylation/p53-acetylation switch that regulates cell fate decisions following genotoxic stress. ..
- Gentry M, Worby C, Dixon J. Insights into Lafora disease: malin is an E3 ubiquitin ligase that ubiquitinates and promotes the degradation of laforin. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:8501-6 pubmed..Furthermore, these data distinguish malin as an E3 Ub ligase whose activity is necessary to prevent a neurodegenerative disease that involves formation of nonproteinacious inclusion bodies. ..
- Vourc H P, Martin I, Bonnet Brilhault F, Marouillat S, Barthelemy C, Pierre Müh J, et al. Mutation screening and association study of the UBE2H gene on chromosome 7q32 in autistic disorder. Psychiatr Genet. 2003;13:221-5 pubmed..Several genomewide scans identified multipoint LOD score peaks in region 7q32. In this region, UBE2H encodes an E2 enzyme of the ubiquitin-dependent proteolytic system...
- Lausen J, Pless O, Leonard F, Kuvardina O, Koch B, Leutz A. Targets of the Tal1 transcription factor in erythrocytes: E2 ubiquitin conjugase regulation by Tal1. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:5338-46 pubmed publisher..Tal1 was found to bind in the vicinity of 31 genes including the E2-ubiquitin conjugase UBE2H gene. Binding of Tal1 to UBE2H was confirmed by chromatin immunoprecipitation...
- Ryo A, Suizu F, Yoshida Y, Perrem K, Liou Y, Wulf G, et al. Regulation of NF-kappaB signaling by Pin1-dependent prolyl isomerization and ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis of p65/RelA. Mol Cell. 2003;12:1413-26 pubmed..These findings uncover two important mechanisms of regulating NF-kappaB signaling and offer new insight into the pathogenesis and treatment of some human diseases such as cancers. ..
- Bartee E, Mansouri M, Hovey Nerenberg B, Gouveia K, Fruh K. Downregulation of major histocompatibility complex class I by human ubiquitin ligases related to viral immune evasion proteins. J Virol. 2004;78:1109-20 pubmed
- Chuang T, Ulevitch R. Triad3A, an E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase regulating Toll-like receptors. Nat Immunol. 2004;5:495-502 pubmed..Thus, ubiquitination by Triad3A represents one pathway by which the intensity and duration of TLR signaling is controlled. ..
- Hoeller D, Hecker C, Wagner S, Rogov V, Dötsch V, Dikic I. E3-independent monoubiquitination of ubiquitin-binding proteins. Mol Cell. 2007;26:891-8 pubmed..This modification is mechanistically and functionally distinct from E3-mediated and growth factor-dependent monoubiquitination. ..
- Kim H, Chong K, Kang S, Lee J, Kim J, Hahn M, et al. Identification of cyclophilin A as a CD99-binding protein by yeast two-hybrid screening. Immunol Lett. 2004;95:155-9 pubmed..However, CypA-GFP moved to the cell periphery and membrane blebbing, and became colocalized with CD99 upon CD99 engagement. These results suggest that CypA may be either a signaling mediator or a signaling regulator for CD99. ..