Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: UBE2E1
Description: ubiquitin conjugating enzyme E2 E1
Alias: UBCH6, ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2 E1, (E3-independent) E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E1, E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E1, ubiquitin carrier protein E1, ubiquitin conjugating enzyme E2E 1, ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2E 1 (UBC4/5 homolog, yeast), ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2E 1 (homologous to yeast UBC4/5), ubiquitin-protein ligase E1
- Zhang X, Zhao H, Chen Y, Luo H, Yang P, Yao B. A zebrafish (Danio rerio) bloodthirsty member 20 with E3 ubiquitin ligase activity involved in immune response against bacterial infection. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2015;457:83-9 pubmed publisher..that btr20 has E3 ubiquitin ligase activity that can be self-ubiquitylated with most E2 enzymes, especially UbcH6. The results suggested that btr20 may involve in the anti-microbial activity in the immune system as an E3 ..
- Rajendra R, Malegaonkar D, Pungaliya P, Marshall H, Rasheed Z, Brownell J, et al. Topors functions as an E3 ubiquitin ligase with specific E2 enzymes and ubiquitinates p53. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:36440-4 pubmed..that topors functions in vitro as a RING-dependent E3 ubiquitin ligase with the E2 enzymes UbcH5a, UbcH5c, and UbcH6 but not with UbcH7, CDC34, or UbcH2b...
- Plafker K, Singer J, Plafker S. The ubiquitin conjugating enzyme, UbcM2, engages in novel interactions with components of cullin-3 based E3 ligases. Biochemistry. 2009;48:3527-37 pubmed publisher..Together, these studies represent the first evidence that UbcM2, in concert with substrate adaptors, engages activated CUL3 ligases, thus suggesting that class III E2s are novel regulators of cullin ligases. ..
- Takeuchi T, Iwahara S, Saeki Y, Sasajima H, Yokosawa H. Link between the ubiquitin conjugation system and the ISG15 conjugation system: ISG15 conjugation to the UbcH6 ubiquitin E2 enzyme. J Biochem. 2005;138:711-9 pubmed..In this study, we found that UbcH6 and UbcH8, E2 enzymes for ubiquitin conjugation, are covalently modified by ISG15...
- Winkler G, Albert T, Dominguez C, Legtenberg Y, Boelens R, Timmers H. An altered-specificity ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme/ubiquitin-protein ligase pair. J Mol Biol. 2004;337:157-65 pubmed..These are the first examples of altered-specificity E2-E3 enzyme pairs and give further insight into how E2-E3 specificity is obtained. ..
- Hames R, Wattam S, Yamano H, Bacchieri R, Fry A. APC/C-mediated destruction of the centrosomal kinase Nek2A occurs in early mitosis and depends upon a cyclin A-type D-box. EMBO J. 2001;20:7117-27 pubmed..We propose that recognition of substrates by the APC/C-Cdc20 in early mitosis depends upon possession of an extended D-box motif. ..
- Chen M, Nowak D, Narula N, Robinson B, Watrud K, Ambrico A, et al. The nuclear transport receptor Importin-11 is a tumor suppressor that maintains PTEN protein. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:641-656 pubmed publisher..Mechanistically, we find that the E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme and IPO11 cargo, UBE2E1, is a limiting factor for PTEN degradation...
- Albert T, Hanzawa H, Legtenberg Y, de Ruwe M, van den Heuvel F, Collart M, et al. Identification of a ubiquitin-protein ligase subunit within the CCR4-NOT transcription repressor complex. EMBO J. 2002;21:355-64 pubmed..Mutations that destabilize the E2-E3 interface abolish this activity. Based on these results, we present a model of how E3 ligase function within the CCR4-NOT complex relates to transcriptional regulation. ..
- Pruneda J, Smith F, Daurie A, Swaney D, Villen J, Scott J, et al. E2~Ub conjugates regulate the kinase activity of Shigella effector OspG during pathogenesis. EMBO J. 2014;33:437-49 pubmed publisher..Mouse oral infection studies indicate that E2~Ub conjugates act as novel regulators of OspG effector kinase function in eukaryotic host cells. ..
- Vanni E, Gatherer D, Tong L, Everett R, Boutell C. Functional characterization of residues required for the herpes simplex virus 1 E3 ubiquitin ligase ICP0 to interact with the cellular E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme UBE2D1 (UbcH5a). J Virol. 2012;86:6323-33 pubmed publisher..substrate proteins in vitro in the presence of two E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes, namely, UBE2D1 (UbcH5a) and UBE2E1 (UbcH6), in a RING finger-dependent manner...
- Ko J, Kimura Y, Matsuura K, Yamamoto H, Gondo T, Inui M. PDZRN3 (LNX3, SEMCAP3) is required for the differentiation of C2C12 myoblasts into myotubes. J Cell Sci. 2006;119:5106-13 pubmed..Our data suggest that PDZRN3 plays an essential role in the differentiation of myoblasts into myotubes by acting either downstream or independently of myogenin. ..
- Hoeller D, Hecker C, Wagner S, Rogov V, Dötsch V, Dikic I. E3-independent monoubiquitination of ubiquitin-binding proteins. Mol Cell. 2007;26:891-8 pubmed..This modification is mechanistically and functionally distinct from E3-mediated and growth factor-dependent monoubiquitination. ..
- Poulsen M, Lukas C, Lukas J, Bekker Jensen S, Mailand N. Human RNF169 is a negative regulator of the ubiquitin-dependent response to DNA double-strand breaks. J Cell Biol. 2012;197:189-99 pubmed publisher..Our results show that RNF169 functions in a noncanonical fashion to harness RNF168-mediated protein recruitment to DSB-containing chromatin, thereby contributing to regulation of DSB repair pathway utilization. ..
- Datta A, Hura G, Wolberger C. The structure and conformation of Lys63-linked tetraubiquitin. J Mol Biol. 2009;392:1117-24 pubmed publisher..The results of these studies provide a basis for understanding the differences in the behavior and recognition of Lys63 poly-Ub chains. ..
- Ryo A, Suizu F, Yoshida Y, Perrem K, Liou Y, Wulf G, et al. Regulation of NF-kappaB signaling by Pin1-dependent prolyl isomerization and ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis of p65/RelA. Mol Cell. 2003;12:1413-26 pubmed..These findings uncover two important mechanisms of regulating NF-kappaB signaling and offer new insight into the pathogenesis and treatment of some human diseases such as cancers. ..
- Wheaton K, Sarkari F, Stanly Johns B, Davarinejad H, Egorova O, Kaustov L, et al. UbE2E1/UBCH6 Is a Critical in Vivo E2 for the PRC1-catalyzed Ubiquitination of H2A at Lys-119. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:2893-2902 pubmed publisherb>UbE2E1/UbcH6 is an E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme that is regulated by USP7...
- Kang A, Park S, Lee S, Choi D, Kim K, Song H, et al. A key lysine residue in the AXH domain of ataxin-1 is essential for its ubiquitylation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2015;1854:356-64 pubmed publisher..We have previously showed that the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme UbcH6 modulates the transcriptional repression activity of ATXN1 through ubiquitylation...
- Vichi A, Moss J, Vaughan M. ADP-ribosylation factor domain protein 1 (ARD1), a multifunctional protein with ubiquitin E3 ligase, GAP, and ARF domains. Methods Enzymol. 2005;404:195-206 pubmed..amino acids 1-110) produced polyubiquitylated proteins when incubated in vitro with a mammalian E1, an E2 enzyme (UbcH6 or UbcH5a, -5b, or -5c), ATP, and ubiquitin...
- Luo H, Qin Y, Reu F, Ye S, Dai Y, Huang J, et al. Microarray-based analysis and clinical validation identify ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2E1 (UBE2E1) as a prognostic factor in acute myeloid leukemia. J Hematol Oncol. 2016;9:125 pubmed..We found that ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme E2E1 (UBE2E1) expression was adversely correlated with AML survival (p?=?0.04)...
- Dynek J, Goncharov T, Dueber E, Fedorova A, Izrael Tomasevic A, Phu L, et al. c-IAP1 and UbcH5 promote K11-linked polyubiquitination of RIP1 in TNF signalling. EMBO J. 2010;29:4198-209 pubmed publisher..Lastly, NF-?B essential modifier efficiently binds K11-linked ubiquitin chains, suggesting that this ubiquitin linkage may have a signalling role in the activation of proliferative cellular pathways. ..
- Pringa E, Martinez Noel G, Muller U, Harbers K. Interaction of the ring finger-related U-box motif of a nuclear dot protein with ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:19617-23 pubmed..Our results establish at the molecular level a link between the U-box and the ubiquitin conjugating system and strongly suggest that proteins containing U-box domains are functionally closely related to RING finger proteins. ..
- Li H, Zhang Z, Wang B, Zhang J, Zhao Y, Jin Y. Wwp2-mediated ubiquitination of the RNA polymerase II large subunit in mouse embryonic pluripotent stem cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:5296-305 pubmed..These results indicate that Wwp2 plays an important role in regulating expression of Rpb1 in normal physiological conditions. ..
- Malakhova O, Zhang D. ISG15 inhibits Nedd4 ubiquitin E3 activity and enhances the innate antiviral response. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:8783-7 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this is the first example of a Ub-like protein with the ability to interfere with Ub-E2 and E3 interaction to inhibit protein ubiquitination...
- Chitalia V, Foy R, Bachschmid M, Zeng L, Panchenko M, Zhou M, et al. Jade-1 inhibits Wnt signalling by ubiquitylating beta-catenin and mediates Wnt pathway inhibition by pVHL. Nat Cell Biol. 2008;10:1208-16 pubmed publisher..The pVHL tumour suppressor and the Wnt tumorigenesis pathway are therefore directly linked through Jade-1. ..
- Koh M, Darnay B, Powis G. Hypoxia-associated factor, a novel E3-ubiquitin ligase, binds and ubiquitinates hypoxia-inducible factor 1alpha, leading to its oxygen-independent degradation. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:7081-95 pubmed publisher..Therefore, HAF is the key mediator of a new HIF-1alpha-specific degradation pathway that degrades HIF-1alpha through a new, oxygen-independent mechanism. ..
- Espinosa A, Oke V, Elfving A, Nyberg F, Covacu R, Wahren Herlenius M. The autoantigen Ro52 is an E3 ligase resident in the cytoplasm but enters the nucleus upon cellular exposure to nitric oxide. Exp Cell Res. 2008;314:3605-13 pubmed publisher..Ro52 is an E3 ligase dependent on the ubiquitin conjugation enzymes UBE2D1 and UBE2E1. While Ro52 and UBE2D1 are cytoplasmic proteins, UBE2E1 is localized to the nucleus...
- Christensen D, Klevit R. Dynamic interactions of proteins in complex networks: identifying the complete set of interacting E2s for functional investigation of E3-dependent protein ubiquitination. FEBS J. 2009;276:5381-9 pubmed publisher..Defining the set of E2s that interact with other RING and U-box E3s will open the door for predictive models and lead to a better understand of substrate ubiquitination. ..
- David Y, Ternette N, Edelmann M, Ziv T, Gayer B, Sertchook R, et al. E3 ligases determine ubiquitination site and conjugate type by enforcing specificity on E2 enzymes. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:44104-15 pubmed publisher..Based on several model systems, we propose that although interaction with an E2 is sufficient to promote substrate ubiquitination the E3 molds the reaction into a specific, physiologically relevant protein modification. ..
- Chen P, Johnson P, Sommer T, Jentsch S, Hochstrasser M. Multiple ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes participate in the in vivo degradation of the yeast MAT alpha 2 repressor. Cell. 1993;74:357-69 pubmed..These data reveal an unexpected overlap in substrate specificity among diverse UBC enzymes and suggest a combinatorial mechanism of substrate selection in which UBC enzymes partition into multiple ubiquitination complexes. ..
- Sakane A, Hatakeyama S, Sasaki T. Involvement of Rabring7 in EGF receptor degradation as an E3 ligase. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2007;357:1058-64 pubmed..These results suggest that Rabring7 is involved in the endocytic trafficking of EGFR through its E3 ligase activity. ..
- Jones J, Gellert M. Autoubiquitylation of the V(D)J recombinase protein RAG1. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:15446-51 pubmed..Disruption of the RING finger and certain RAG1 N-terminal truncations are associated with immunodeficiency in human patients, suggesting that RAG1's ubiquitin ligase is required for its biological role in lymphocyte development. ..
- Guais A, Siegrist S, Solhonne B, Jouault H, Guellaen G, Bulle F. h-Goliath, paralog of GRAIL, is a new E3 ligase protein, expressed in human leukocytes. Gene. 2006;374:112-20 pubmed..We did not observe any modification of h-Goliath expression or localization in leukemia. In these cells, this new E3 ubiquitin ligase protein does not seem associated with a differentiation state of the cell or with apoptosis. ..
- Vichi A, Payne D, Pacheco Rodriguez G, Moss J, Vaughan M. E3 ubiquitin ligase activity of the trifunctional ARD1 (ADP-ribosylation factor domain protein 1). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:1945-50 pubmed..residues 1-110) produced polyubiquitinylated proteins in vitro in the presence of mammalian E1, an E2 enzyme (UbcH6 or UbcH5a, -5b, or -5c), ATP, and ubiquitin...
- Han Y, Li R, Gao J, Miao S, Wang L. Characterisation of human RING finger protein TRIM69, a novel testis E3 ubiquitin ligase and its subcellular localisation. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2012;429:6-11 pubmed publisher..Collectively, hTRIM69 is a novel E3 ubiquitin ligase identified from human testis and may function to ubiquitinate its particular substrates during spermatogenesis. ..
- Shibata E, Abbas T, Huang X, Wohlschlegel J, Dutta A. Selective ubiquitylation of p21 and Cdt1 by UBCH8 and UBE2G ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes via the CRL4Cdt2 ubiquitin ligase complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:3136-45 pubmed publisher..These findings identify the UBCs required for the activity of CRL4(Cdt2) on multiple substrates and demonstrate that different UBCs are involved in the selective ubiquitylation of different substrates by the same E3 complex. ..
- Raheja R, Liu Y, Hukkelhoven E, Yeh N, Koff A. The ability of TRIM3 to induce growth arrest depends on RING-dependent E3 ligase activity. Biochem J. 2014;458:537-45 pubmed publisher..Thus the ability of TRIM3 to suppress growth is associated with its ability to ubiquitinate proteins. ..
- Bai Y, Yang C, Hu K, Elly C, Liu Y. Itch E3 ligase-mediated regulation of TGF-beta signaling by modulating smad2 phosphorylation. Mol Cell. 2004;15:825-31 pubmed..This study reveals a previously unrecognized positive TGF-beta signaling pathway via proteolysis-independent ubiquitination. ..
- Peng Z, Shi T, Ma D. RNF122: a novel ubiquitin ligase associated with calcium-modulating cyclophilin ligand. BMC Cell Biol. 2010;11:41 pubmed publisher..RNF122 promotes its own degradation in a RING finger-and proteasome-dependent manner. RNF122 interacts with CAML, and its E3 ubiquitin ligase activity was noted to be dependent on the RING finger domain. ..
- Plafker S, Plafker K, Weissman A, Macara I. Ubiquitin charging of human class III ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes triggers their nuclear import. J Cell Biol. 2004;167:649-59 pubmed..We now show that the import mechanism for UbcM2 and two other human class III E2s (UbcH6 and UBE2E2) uniquely requires the covalent attachment of Ub to the active site cysteine of these enzymes...
- Weng L, Mitoma H, Trichot C, Tricot C, Bao M, Liu Y, et al. The E3 ubiquitin ligase tripartite motif 33 is essential for cytosolic RNA-induced NLRP3 inflammasome activation. J Immunol. 2014;193:3676-82 pubmed publisher..The ubiquitination of DHX33 by TRIM33 is lysine 63 specific and is required for the formation of the DHX33-NLRP3 inflammasome complex. ..
- Sudakin V, Chan G, Yen T. Checkpoint inhibition of the APC/C in HeLa cells is mediated by a complex of BUBR1, BUB3, CDC20, and MAD2. J Cell Biol. 2001;154:925-36 pubmed..We propose that the preformed interphase pool of MCC allows for rapid inhibition of APC/C when cells enter mitosis. Unattached kinetochores then target the APC/C for sustained inhibition by the MCC. ..
- Chou A, Maidment N, Klintenberg R, Casida J, Li S, Fitzmaurice A, et al. Ziram causes dopaminergic cell damage by inhibiting E1 ligase of the proteasome. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:34696-703 pubmed publisher..Chronic exposure to widely used dithiocarbamate fungicides may contribute to the development of PD, and elucidation of its mechanism would identify a new potential therapeutic target...
- Lukas C, Sørensen C, Kramer E, Santoni Rugiu E, Lindeneg C, Peters J, et al. Accumulation of cyclin B1 requires E2F and cyclin-A-dependent rearrangement of the anaphase-promoting complex. Nature. 1999;401:815-8 pubmed..These results implicate an E2F-dependent, cyclin A/Cdk2-mediated phosphorylation of Cdh1 in the timely accumulation of cyclin B1 and the coordination of cell-cycle progression during the post-restriction point period. ..
- Nelson R, Glenn K, Miller V, Wen H, Paulson H. A novel route for F-box protein-mediated ubiquitination links CHIP to glycoprotein quality control. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:20242-51 pubmed..In addition, they expand the repertoire of pathways by which F-box proteins can regulate ubiquitination and suggest a new role for PEST domains as a protein interaction motif. ..
- Ii T, Fung J, Mullen J, Brill S. The yeast Slx5-Slx8 DNA integrity complex displays ubiquitin ligase activity. Cell Cycle. 2007;6:2800-9 pubmed..We propose that the Slx5-Slx8 complex functions as a two-component Ub ligase in vivo and that it controls genome stability and sumoylation via ubiquitination. ..
- Anan T, Nagata Y, Koga H, Honda Y, Yabuki N, Miyamoto C, et al. Human ubiquitin-protein ligase Nedd4: expression, subcellular localization and selective interaction with ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes. Genes Cells. 1998;3:751-63 pubmed..pathway that is linked to Nedd4, we demonstrated that specific E2 enzymes, including human Ubc4, UbcH5B, UbcH5C, UbcH6 and UbcH7, could transfer ubiquitin molecules to Nedd4 at the active cysteine residue, whereas E6AP accepted ..
- Woelk T, Oldrini B, Maspero E, Confalonieri S, Cavallaro E, Di Fiore P, et al. Molecular mechanisms of coupled monoubiquitination. Nat Cell Biol. 2006;8:1246-54 pubmed..Thus, our results clarify the mechanism of coupled monoubiquitination and identify the ubiquitination of E3 ligases as a critical determinant in this process. ..
- Ito K, Adachi S, Iwakami R, Yasuda H, Muto Y, Seki N, et al. N-Terminally extended human ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes (E2s) mediate the ubiquitination of RING-finger proteins, ARA54 and RNF8. Eur J Biochem. 2001;268:2725-32 pubmed..Both ARA54, a ligand-dependent androgen receptor coactivator, and RNF8 interacted with class III E2s (UBE2E2, UbcH6, and UBE2E3), but not with other E2s (UbcH5, UbcH7, UbcH10, hCdc34, and hBendless) in the yeast two-hybrid assay...
- Xing J, Weng L, Yuan B, Wang Z, Jia L, Jin R, et al. Identification of a role for TRIM29 in the control of innate immunity in the respiratory tract. Nat Immunol. 2016;17:1373-1380 pubmed publisher..These data identify TRIM29 as a key negative regulator of alveolar macrophages and might have important clinical implications for local immunity and immunopathology. ..
- Flach K, Ramminger E, Hilbrich I, Arsalan Werner A, Albrecht F, Herrmann L, et al. Axotrophin/MARCH7 acts as an E3 ubiquitin ligase and ubiquitinates tau protein in vitro impairing microtubule binding. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2014;1842:1527-38 pubmed publisher..In summary, we present a novel tau modification occurring preferentially on 4-repeat tau protein which modifies microtubule-binding and may impact on the pathogenesis of tauopathies. ..
- Lenk U, Sommer T. Ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis of a short-lived regulatory protein depends on its cellular localization. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:39403-10 pubmed..These observations imply that both the cellular targeting of a substrate and the compartment-specific activity of components of the ubiquitin-proteasome system define the half-life of naturally short-lived proteins. ..
- Sugeno N, Hasegawa T, Tanaka N, Fukuda M, Wakabayashi K, Oshima R, et al. Lys-63-linked ubiquitination by E3 ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-1 facilitates endosomal sequestration of internalized ?-synuclein. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:18137-51 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings demonstrate that Nedd4-1-linked Lys-63 ubiquitination specifies the fate of extrinsic and de novo synthesized aS by facilitating their targeting to endosomes. ..
- Boutell C, Sadis S, Everett R. Herpes simplex virus type 1 immediate-early protein ICP0 and is isolated RING finger domain act as ubiquitin E3 ligases in vitro. J Virol. 2002;76:841-50 pubmed..induce the accumulation of polyubiquitin chains in vitro in the presence of E1 and the E2 enzymes UbcH5a and UbcH6. Mutations within the RING finger region that abolish the in vitro ubiquitination activity also cause severe ..
- Nuber U, Schwarz S, Kaiser P, Schneider R, Scheffner M. Cloning of human ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes UbcH6 and UbcH7 (E2-F1) and characterization of their interaction with E6-AP and RSP5. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:2795-800 pubmed..In this paper, we describe the isolation of two human E2s, designated as UbcH6 and UbcH7, that in addition to UbcH5 can interact with E6-AP...
- Pick E, Lau O, Tsuge T, Menon S, Tong Y, Dohmae N, et al. Mammalian DET1 regulates Cul4A activity and forms stable complexes with E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:4708-19 pubmed..Overexpression of DET1 inhibits UV-induced CDT1 degradation in cultured cells. These findings demonstrate that the conserved DET1 complex modulates Cul4A functions by a novel mechanism. ..
- Lee S, Hong S, Kang S. The ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme UbcH6 regulates the transcriptional repression activity of the SCA1 gene product ataxin-1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;372:735-40 pubmed publisher..We previously reported that the E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme UbcH6 interacts with and ubiquitinates the ataxin-1 proteins as an E2-substrate cognate pair in the ubiquitin-proteasome ..
- Xu H, Wang W, Li C, Yu H, Yang A, Wang B, et al. WWP2 promotes degradation of transcription factor OCT4 in human embryonic stem cells. Cell Res. 2009;19:561-73 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate that WWP2 is an important regulator of the OCT4 protein level in human ES cells. ..
- Zhu B, Zheng Y, Pham A, Mandal S, Erdjument Bromage H, Tempst P, et al. Monoubiquitination of human histone H2B: the factors involved and their roles in HOX gene regulation. Mol Cell. 2005;20:601-11 pubmed..We report that in humans, the 600 kDa RNF20/40 complex is the E3 ligase and UbcH6 is the ubiquitin E2-conjugating enzyme for H2B-Lys120 monoubiquitination...
- Yamada H, Gorbsky G. Tumor suppressor candidate TSSC5 is regulated by UbcH6 and a novel ubiquitin ligase RING105. Oncogene. 2006;25:1330-9 pubmed..PEST sequence, is a ubiquitin ligase for TSSC5 that can function in concert with the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme UbcH6. The polyubiquitin target site on TSSC5 was mapped to a region in the 6th hydrophilic loop...
- Lin B, Ke Q, Li H, Pheifer N, Velliquette D, Leaman D. Negative regulation of the RLH signaling by the E3 ubiquitin ligase RNF114. Cytokine. 2017;99:186-193 pubmed publisher..These data suggested the potential physiological function of RNF114 in inflammation and host antiviral responses, but demonstrate complexity in the regulation of innate immunity by ubiquitin ligases. ..
- ..Mice lacking Importin-11 are prone to lung cancers, and its absence in human prostate and lung tumors signals a poorer prognosis. ..
- Nakamura N, Kimura Y, Tokuda M, Honda S, Hirose S. MARCH-V is a novel mitofusin 2- and Drp1-binding protein able to change mitochondrial morphology. EMBO Rep. 2006;7:1019-22 pubmed..We also show that MARCH-V promotes ubiquitination of Drp1. These results indicate that MARCH-V has a crucial role in the control of mitochondrial morphology by regulating MFN2 and Drp1 activities. ..
- Fotia A, Cook D, Kumar S. The ubiquitin-protein ligases Nedd4 and Nedd4-2 show similar ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme specificities. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2006;38:472-9 pubmed..We also found that Ube2e3, an E2 previously shown to be used by Nedd4-2, is used less efficiently than UbcH5b. Our results suggest that for optimal ubiquitination Nedd4 and Nedd4-2 require the same E2 enzymes. ..
- Pedersen S, Chan W, Jattani R, Mackie d, Pomerantz J. Negative Regulation of CARD11 Signaling and Lymphoma Cell Survival by the E3 Ubiquitin Ligase RNF181. Mol Cell Biol. 2015;36:794-808 pubmed publisher..Our results define a new regulatory checkpoint that can modulate the output of CARD11 signaling to NF-ÎºB in both normal and transformed lymphocytes. ..
- Chan G, Yen T. The mitotic checkpoint: a signaling pathway that allows a single unattached kinetochore to inhibit mitotic exit. Prog Cell Cycle Res. 2003;5:431-9 pubmed..A single unattached kinetochore is proposed to amplify the "wait anaphase" signal through a kinase cascade involving checkpoint kinases such as hBubR1, hBub1 and Mps1. ..
- Sørensen C, Lukas C, Kramer E, Peters J, Bartek J, Lukas J. A conserved cyclin-binding domain determines functional interplay between anaphase-promoting complex-Cdh1 and cyclin A-Cdk2 during cell cycle progression. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:3692-703 pubmed..Collectively, these data provide a mechanistic explanation for the mutual functional interplay between cyclin A-Cdk2 and APC-Cdh1 and the first evidence that Cdh1 may activate the APC by binding specific substrates. ..
- Locke M, Tinsley C, Benson M, Blake D. TRIM32 is an E3 ubiquitin ligase for dysbindin. Hum Mol Genet. 2009;18:2344-58 pubmed publisher..Our data identify TRIM32 as a regulator of dysbindin and demonstrate that the LGMD2H/STM mutations may impair substrate ubiquitination. ..
- Parsons J, Tait P, Finch D, Dianova I, Edelmann M, Khoronenkova S, et al. Ubiquitin ligase ARF-BP1/Mule modulates base excision repair. EMBO J. 2009;28:3207-15 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide a novel mechanism regulating steady-state levels of BER proteins. ..
- Shin J, Ko H, Kang H, Lee Y, Lee Y, Pletinkova O, et al. PARIS (ZNF746) repression of PGC-1? contributes to neurodegeneration in Parkinson's disease. Cell. 2011;144:689-702 pubmed publisher..The identification of PARIS provides a molecular mechanism for neurodegeneration due to parkin inactivation. ..
- Soss S, Yue Y, Dhe Paganon S, Chazin W. E2 conjugating enzyme selectivity and requirements for function of the E3 ubiquitin ligase CHIP. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:21277-86 pubmed publisher..These data support the proposal that the E2 SPA motif provides specificity for binding to CHIP, whereas activation of the E2?Ub conjugate is derived from other molecular determinants. ..
- Sarkari F, Wheaton K, La Delfa A, Mohamed M, Shaikh F, Khatun R, et al. Ubiquitin-specific protease 7 is a regulator of ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme UbE2E1. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:16975-85 pubmed publisher..Here, we report that UbE2E1, an E2 ubiquitin conjugation enzyme with a unique N-terminal extension, is a novel USP7-interacting protein...
- Hagting A, den Elzen N, Vodermaier H, Waizenegger I, Peters J, Pines J. Human securin proteolysis is controlled by the spindle checkpoint and reveals when the APC/C switches from activation by Cdc20 to Cdh1. J Cell Biol. 2002;157:1125-37 pubmed..Thus, defects in securin destruction alter chromosome segregation and may be relevant to the development of aneuploidy in cancer. ..
- Banka P, Behera A, Sarkar S, Datta A. RING E3-Catalyzed E2 Self-Ubiquitination Attenuates the Activity of Ube2E Ubiquitin-Conjugating Enzymes. J Mol Biol. 2015;427:2290-304 pubmed publisher..We show that the N-terminal extension of Ube2E1 undergoes intramolecular auto-ubiquitination...
- Hong S, Lee S, Cho S, Kang S. UbcH6 interacts with and ubiquitinates the SCA1 gene product ataxin-1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;371:256-60 pubmed publisherb>UbcH6 is a member of an evolutionally conserved subfamily of E2 ubiquitin-conjugating enzymes. In this study, we report that UbcH6 interacts with and ubiquitinates ataxin-1, the spinocerebellar ataxia type 1 gene product...
- Dawidziak D, Sanchez J, Wagner J, Ganser Pornillos B, Pornillos O. Structure and catalytic activation of the TRIM23 RING E3 ubiquitin ligase. Proteins. 2017;85:1957-1961 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that TRIM23 enzymatic activity requires RING dimerization, consistent with the general model of TRIM activation. ..