Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: UBC
Description: ubiquitin C
Alias: HMG20, polyubiquitin-C
Publications575 found, 100 shown here
- LeBlanc P, Yeretssian G, Rutherford N, Doiron K, Nadiri A, Zhu L, et al. Caspase-12 modulates NOD signaling and regulates antimicrobial peptide production and mucosal immunity. Cell Host Microbe. 2008;3:146-57 pubmed publisher..Nod activation and resulting antimicrobial peptide production constitute an early innate defense mechanism, and caspase-12 inhibits this mucosal antimicrobial response...
- Busso C, Iwakuma T, Izumi T. Ubiquitination of mammalian AP endonuclease (APE1) regulated by the p53-MDM2 signaling pathway. Oncogene. 2009;28:1616-25 pubmed publisher..Therefore, monoubiquitination not only is a prerequisite for degradation, but may also alter the APE1 activities in cells. These results reveal a novel regulation of APE1 through ubiquitination. ..
- Nicastro G, Masino L, Esposito V, Menon R, De Simone A, Fraternali F, et al. Josephin domain of ataxin-3 contains two distinct ubiquitin-binding sites. Biopolymers. 2009;91:1203-14 pubmed publisher..The presence of two ubiquitin-binding sites explains how ataxin-3 binds poly-ubiquitin chains and provides new insights into the molecular mechanism of ubiquitin recognition. ..
- Sun X, Wang Y, Xirodimas D, Dai M. Perturbation of 60 S ribosomal biogenesis results in ribosomal protein L5- and L11-dependent p53 activation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:25812-21 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that NEDDylation of L11 plays a critical role in mediating p53 activation in response to perturbation of ribosomal biogenesis...
- Doyle J, Gao J, Wang J, Yang M, Potts P. MAGE-RING protein complexes comprise a family of E3 ubiquitin ligases. Mol Cell. 2010;39:963-74 pubmed publisher..For example, MAGE-C2-TRIM28 is shown to target p53 for degradation in a proteasome-dependent manner, consistent with its tumorigenic functions. These findings define a biochemical and cellular function for the MAGE protein family. ..
- Hubbi M, Luo W, Baek J, Semenza G. MCM proteins are negative regulators of hypoxia-inducible factor 1. Mol Cell. 2011;42:700-12 pubmed publisher..Exposure to hypoxia leads to MCM2-7 downregulation in diverse cell types. These studies reveal a function of MCM proteins apart from their DNA helicase activity and establish a direct link between HIF-1 and the cell-cycle machinery. ..
- Stieglitz B, Morris Davies A, Koliopoulos M, Christodoulou E, Rittinger K. LUBAC synthesizes linear ubiquitin chains via a thioester intermediate. EMBO Rep. 2012;13:840-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, we demonstrate that HOIP transfers ubiquitin to the substrate through a thioester intermediate formed by a conserved cysteine in the RING2 domain, supporting the notion that RBR ligases act as RING/HECT hybrids. ..
- Wang B, Hurov K, Hofmann K, Elledge S. NBA1, a new player in the Brca1 A complex, is required for DNA damage resistance and checkpoint control. Genes Dev. 2009;23:729-39 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a new perspective from which to view the BRCA1 A complex. ..
- Licchesi J, Mieszczanek J, Mevissen T, Rutherford T, Akutsu M, Virdee S, et al. An ankyrin-repeat ubiquitin-binding domain determines TRABID's specificity for atypical ubiquitin chains. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2011;19:62-71 pubmed publisher..Our data are consistent with AnkUBD functioning as an enzymatic S1' ubiquitin-binding site, which orients a ubiquitin chain so that Lys29 and Lys33 linkages are cleaved preferentially. ..
- Wang B, Alam S, Meyer H, Payne M, Stemmler T, Davis D, et al. Structure and ubiquitin interactions of the conserved zinc finger domain of Npl4. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:20225-34 pubmed..Our studies reveal the structure of this versatile class of protein binding domains and provide a means for identifying the subset of NZF domains likely to bind ubiquitin. ..
- Huang T, Wuerzberger Davis S, Wu Z, Miyamoto S. Sequential modification of NEMO/IKKgamma by SUMO-1 and ubiquitin mediates NF-kappaB activation by genotoxic stress. Cell. 2003;115:565-76 pubmed..These SUMO and ubiquitin modification pathways may serve as anticancer drug targets. ..
- Kannouche P, Wing J, Lehmann A. Interaction of human DNA polymerase eta with monoubiquitinated PCNA: a possible mechanism for the polymerase switch in response to DNA damage. Mol Cell. 2004;14:491-500 pubmed..Our findings provide an attractive mechanism by which monoubiquitination of PCNA might mediate the polymerase switch. ..
- Zhang D, Lo S, Sun Z, Habib G, Lieberman M, Hannink M. Ubiquitination of Keap1, a BTB-Kelch substrate adaptor protein for Cul3, targets Keap1 for degradation by a proteasome-independent pathway. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:30091-9 pubmed..Our results suggest that a switch from substrate to substrate adaptor ubiquitination is a critical regulatory step that controls steady-state levels of both BTB-Kelch substrate adaptor proteins and their cognate substrates. ..
- Fearns C, Pan Q, Mathison J, Chuang T. Triad3A regulates ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation of RIP1 following disruption of Hsp90 binding. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:34592-600 pubmed..These results suggest that Triad3A is an E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase to RIP1 and that Hsp90 and Triad3A cooperatively maintain the homeostasis of RIP1. ..
- Ben Saadon R, Zaaroor D, Ziv T, Ciechanover A. The polycomb protein Ring1B generates self atypical mixed ubiquitin chains required for its in vitro histone H2A ligase activity. Mol Cell. 2006;24:701-711 pubmed publisher..The modification is required for Ring1B ability to monoubiquitinate H2A in vitro, unraveling an as yet undescribed mechanism for ligase activation via noncanonical self-ubiquitination. ..
- Taylor E, Copsey A, Hudson J, Vidot S, Lehmann A. Identification of the proteins, including MAGEG1, that make up the human SMC5-6 protein complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:1197-206 pubmed..Depletion also confers sensitivity to methyl methanesulfonate. Several of the components are modified by sumoylation and ubiquitination. ..
- Zelcer N, Hong C, Boyadjian R, Tontonoz P. LXR regulates cholesterol uptake through Idol-dependent ubiquitination of the LDL receptor. Science. 2009;325:100-4 pubmed publisher..The LXR-Idol-LDLR axis defines a complementary pathway to sterol response element-binding proteins for sterol regulation of cholesterol uptake. ..
- Walker A, Yang F, Jiang K, Ji J, Watts J, Purushotham A, et al. Conserved role of SIRT1 orthologs in fasting-dependent inhibition of the lipid/cholesterol regulator SREBP. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1403-17 pubmed publisher..These findings may have important biomedical implications for the treatment of metabolic disorders associated with aberrant lipid/cholesterol homeostasis, including metabolic syndrome and atherosclerosis. ..
- PlechanovovÃ¡ A, Jaffray E, Tatham M, Naismith J, Hay R. Structure of a RING E3 ligase and ubiquitin-loaded E2 primed for catalysis. Nature. 2012;489:115-20 pubmed publisher..This arrangement is primed for catalysis as it can deprotonate the incoming substrate lysine residue and stabilize the consequent tetrahedral transition-state intermediate. ..
- Marinovic A, Zheng B, Mitch W, Price S. Ubiquitin (UbC) expression in muscle cells is increased by glucocorticoids through a mechanism involving Sp1 and MEK1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:16673-81 pubmed..The mechanisms that increase ubiquitin (UbC) expression have not been identified...
- Henrich L, Smith J, Kitt D, Errington T, Nguyen B, Traish A, et al. Extracellular signal-regulated kinase 7, a regulator of hormone-dependent estrogen receptor destruction. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:5979-88 pubmed..ERK7 targets the ER alpha ligand-binding domain for destruction by enhancing its ubiquitination. Thus, ERK7 is a novel regulator of estrogen responsiveness through its control of ER alpha turnover. ..
- Jin Y, Zeng S, Lee H, Lu H. MDM2 mediates p300/CREB-binding protein-associated factor ubiquitination and degradation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:20035-43 pubmed..Furthermore, MDM2 reduced the half-life of PCAF by 50%. These results demonstrate that MDM2 regulates the stability of PCAF by ubiquitinating and degrading this protein. ..
- Peng H, Morishima Y, Jenkins G, Dunbar A, Lau M, Patterson C, et al. Ubiquitylation of neuronal nitric-oxide synthase by CHIP, a chaperone-dependent E3 ligase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:52970-7 pubmed
- Cao J, Wang J, Qi W, Miao H, Wang J, Ge L, et al. Ufd1 is a cofactor of gp78 and plays a key role in cholesterol metabolism by regulating the stability of HMG-CoA reductase. Cell Metab. 2007;6:115-28 pubmed..In summary, our study identifies Ufd1 as a cofactor of gp78, reveals an unappreciated function of Ufd1 in the ubiquitination reaction during ERAD, and illustrates that Ufd1 plays a critical role in cholesterol metabolism. ..
- Dentin R, Liu Y, Koo S, Hedrick S, Vargas T, Heredia J, et al. Insulin modulates gluconeogenesis by inhibition of the coactivator TORC2. Nature. 2007;449:366-9 pubmed..Because TORC2 protein levels and activity were increased in diabetes owing to a block in TORC2 phosphorylation, our results point to an important role for this pathway in the maintenance of glucose homeostasis. ..
- Wu C, Ashwell J. NEMO recognition of ubiquitinated Bcl10 is required for T cell receptor-mediated NF-kappaB activation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:3023-8 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the regulated ubiquitination of Bcl10 and its recognition by NEMO are a critical link between the CBM complex, IKK recruitment, and NF-kappaB activation. ..
- Shi M, Deng W, Bi E, Mao K, Ji Y, Lin G, et al. TRIM30 alpha negatively regulates TLR-mediated NF-kappa B activation by targeting TAB2 and TAB3 for degradation. Nat Immunol. 2008;9:369-77 pubmed publisher..Our results collectively indicate that TRIM30alpha negatively regulates TLR-mediated NF-kappaB activation by targeting degradation of TAB2 and TAB3 by a 'feedback' mechanism. ..
- Vatsyayan J, Qing G, Xiao G, Hu J. SUMO1 modification of NF-kappaB2/p100 is essential for stimuli-induced p100 phosphorylation and processing. EMBO Rep. 2008;9:885-90 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings show the crucial role of SUMO1 modification in p100 processing and provide mechanistic insights into the participation of SUMO1 modification in the regulation of signal transduction. ..
- Chan W, Tian R, Lee Y, Sit S, Lim L, Manser E. Down-regulation of active ACK1 is mediated by association with the E3 ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-2. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:8185-94 pubmed publisher..These processes are particularly pertinent given the report of genomic amplification of the ACK1 locus in metastatic tumors. ..
- Mund T, Pelham H. Control of the activity of WW-HECT domain E3 ubiquitin ligases by NDFIP proteins. EMBO Rep. 2009;10:501-7 pubmed publisher..In agreement with this, NDFIP proteins promote ubiquitination in vivo both of Jun proteins, which have a PY motif, and of endophilin, which does not. ..
- Havens C, Walter J. Docking of a specialized PIP Box onto chromatin-bound PCNA creates a degron for the ubiquitin ligase CRL4Cdt2. Mol Cell. 2009;35:93-104 pubmed publisher..Thus, CRL4(Cdt2) recognizes an unusual degron, which is assembled specifically on chromatin via the binding of a specialized PIP box to PCNA. ..
- Li S, Zheng H, Mao A, Zhong B, Li Y, Liu Y, et al. Regulation of virus-triggered signaling by OTUB1- and OTUB2-mediated deubiquitination of TRAF3 and TRAF6. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:4291-7 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that OTUB1 and OTUB2 negatively regulate virus-triggered type I IFN induction and cellular antiviral response by deubiquitinating TRAF3 and -6. ..
- Salah Z, Melino G, Aqeilan R. Negative regulation of the Hippo pathway by E3 ubiquitin ligase ITCH is sufficient to promote tumorigenicity. Cancer Res. 2011;71:2010-20 pubmed publisher..These phenotypes were rescued when both ITCH and LATS1 were depleted. Together, our results reveal a novel functional link between ITCH and the Hippo pathway, deepening their critical roles in tumorigenesis. ..
- Wu H, Pomeroy S, Ferreira M, Teider N, Mariani J, Nakayama K, et al. UBE4B promotes Hdm2-mediated degradation of the tumor suppressor p53. Nat Med. 2011;17:347-55 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that amplification and overexpression of UBE4B represent previously undescribed molecular mechanisms of inactivation of p53 in brain tumors. ..
- Bhaskaran N, van Drogen F, Ng H, Kumar R, Ekholm Reed S, Peter M, et al. Fbw7? and Fbw7? collaborate to shuttle cyclin E1 into the nucleolus for multiubiquitylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:85-97 pubmed publisher..It is possible that this constitutes a mechanism for rapid inactivation of phosphorylated cyclin E by nucleolar sequestration prior to its multiubiquitylation and degradation. ..
- Xia P, Wang S, Du Y, Zhao Z, Shi L, Sun L, et al. WASH inhibits autophagy through suppression of Beclin 1 ubiquitination. EMBO J. 2013;32:2685-96 pubmed publisher..The lysine 437 ubiquitination of Beclin 1 enhances the association with Vps34 to promote Vps34 activity. WASH can suppress Beclin 1 ubiquitination to inactivate Vps34 activity leading to suppression of autophagy. ..
- Abbott D, Yang Y, Hutti J, Madhavarapu S, Kelliher M, Cantley L. Coordinated regulation of Toll-like receptor and NOD2 signaling by K63-linked polyubiquitin chains. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:6012-25 pubmed..These findings suggest a biochemical mechanism for the faulty cytokine balance seen in Crohn's disease. ..
- Song M, Song S, Kim S, Oh H, Lim D. The tumour suppressor RASSF1A promotes MDM2 self-ubiquitination by disrupting the MDM2-DAXX-HAUSP complex. EMBO J. 2008;27:1863-74 pubmed publisher..Moreover, RASSF1A partially contributes to p53-dependent checkpoint activation at early time points in response to DNA damage. These findings reveal a new and important function for RASSF1A in regulating the p53-MDM2 pathway. ..
- Choudhary C, Kumar C, Gnad F, Nielsen M, Rehman M, Walther T, et al. Lysine acetylation targets protein complexes and co-regulates major cellular functions. Science. 2009;325:834-40 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that the regulatory scope of lysine acetylation is broad and comparable with that of other major posttranslational modifications. ..
- Yang W, Wang J, Chan C, Lee S, Campos A, Lamothe B, et al. The E3 ligase TRAF6 regulates Akt ubiquitination and activation. Science. 2009;325:1134-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, Akt ubiquitination is an important step for oncogenic Akt activation. ..
- Ma Y, Fan S, Hu C, Meng Q, Fuqua S, Pestell R, et al. BRCA1 regulates acetylation and ubiquitination of estrogen receptor-alpha. Mol Endocrinol. 2010;24:76-90 pubmed publisher..We propose a model in which BRCA1 represses ER-alpha activity, in part, by regulating the relative degree of acetylation vs. ubiquitination of ER-alpha. ..
- Tsuchiya Y, Asano T, Nakayama K, Kato T, Karin M, Kamata H. Nuclear IKKbeta is an adaptor protein for IkappaBalpha ubiquitination and degradation in UV-induced NF-kappaB activation. Mol Cell. 2010;39:570-82 pubmed publisher..NF-kappaB activated by the nuclear IKKbeta adaptor protein suppresses anti-apoptotic gene expression and promotes UV-induced cell death. ..
- Shibata Y, Tanaka Y, Gohda J, Inoue J. Activation of the I?B kinase complex by HTLV-1 Tax requires cytosolic factors involved in Tax-induced polyubiquitination. J Biochem. 2011;150:679-86 pubmed publisher..These results obtained through our cell-free assay suggest that K63-linked polyubiquitination is critical, but linear polyubiquitination is dispensable or insufficient for Tax-induced IKK activation. ..
- Gao L, Coope H, Grant S, Ma A, Ley S, Harhaj E. ABIN1 protein cooperates with TAX1BP1 and A20 proteins to inhibit antiviral signaling. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:36592-602 pubmed publisher..Together, these results suggest that ABIN1 requires its ubiquitin binding domain and cooperates with TAX1BP1 and A20 to restrict antiviral signaling. ..
- Dou H, Buetow L, Sibbet G, Cameron K, Huang D. BIRC7-E2 ubiquitin conjugate structure reveals the mechanism of ubiquitin transfer by a RING dimer. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:876-83 pubmed publisher..Our results provide structural insights into how dimeric RING E3s recruit E2?Ub and optimize the donor Ub configuration for transfer. ..
- Ernst A, Avvakumov G, Tong J, Fan Y, Zhao Y, Alberts P, et al. A strategy for modulation of enzymes in the ubiquitin system. Science. 2013;339:590-5 pubmed publisher..Last, we showed that ubiquitin variants can bind selectively to ubiquitin-binding domains. Ubiquitin variants exhibit selective function in cells and thus enable orthogonal modulation of specific enzymatic steps in the ubiquitin system. ..
- Kumar K, Tang W, Ravindranath A, Clark W, Croze E, Fuchs S. SCF(HOS) ubiquitin ligase mediates the ligand-induced down-regulation of the interferon-alpha receptor. EMBO J. 2003;22:5480-90 pubmed..These findings characterize SCF(HOS) as an E3 ubiquitin ligase that is essential for ubiquitination, proteolysis and down-regulation of IFNAR1, and implicate HOS in the regulation of cellular responses to IFNalpha. ..
- Wang X, Chen C, Baker P, Chen P, Kaiser P, Huang L. Mass spectrometric characterization of the affinity-purified human 26S proteasome complex. Biochemistry. 2007;46:3553-65 pubmed..The detailed proteomic profiling obtained here is significant to future studies aiming at a complete understanding of the structure-function relationship of the human 26S proteasome complex. ..
- Kang Y, Chen X, Lary J, Cole J, Walters K. Defining how ubiquitin receptors hHR23a and S5a bind polyubiquitin. J Mol Biol. 2007;369:168-76 pubmed..Furthermore, we demonstrate that hHR23a is surprisingly adept at sequestering the ubiquitin moieties of a polyubiquitin chain, and provide evidence that it and the ubiquitylated substrate are committed to each other after binding. ..
- Wiesner S, Ogunjimi A, Wang H, Rotin D, Sicheri F, Wrana J, et al. Autoinhibition of the HECT-type ubiquitin ligase Smurf2 through its C2 domain. Cell. 2007;130:651-62 pubmed..Thus, interactions between C2 and HECT domains autoinhibit a subset of HECT-type E3s to protect them and their substrates from futile degradation in cells. ..
- Liu Y, Shah S, Xiang X, Wang J, Deng Z, Liu C, et al. COP9-associated CSN5 regulates exosomal protein deubiquitination and sorting. Am J Pathol. 2009;174:1415-25 pubmed publisher..We propose that COP9-associated CSN5 regulates exosomal protein sorting in both a deubiquitinating activity-dependent and -independent manner, which is contrary to the current idea of ubiquitin-dependent sorting of proteins to exosomes. ..
- Fujita K, Horikawa I, Mondal A, Jenkins L, Appella E, Vojtesek B, et al. Positive feedback between p53 and TRF2 during telomere-damage signalling and cellular senescence. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:1205-12 pubmed publisher..This study reveals that p53, a downstream effector of telomere-initiated damage signalling, also functions upstream of the shelterin complex. ..
- Chen M, Gutierrez G, Ronai Z. Ubiquitin-recognition protein Ufd1 couples the endoplasmic reticulum (ER) stress response to cell cycle control. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:9119-24 pubmed publisher..Our data identify a coordinated cell cycle response to prolonged ER stress through regulation of the Cdh1-Skp2-p27 axis by Ufd1 and USP13. ..
- Zhiqiang Z, Qinghui Y, Yongqiang Z, Jian Z, Xin Z, Haiying M, et al. USP1 regulates AKT phosphorylation by modulating the stability of PHLPP1 in lung cancer cells. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol. 2012;138:1231-8 pubmed publisher..Our data identified a novel USP1-PHLPP1-Akt signaling axis, and decreased USP1 level in lung cancer cells may play an important role in lung cancer progress. ..
- Salghetti S, Kim S, Tansey W. Destruction of Myc by ubiquitin-mediated proteolysis: cancer-associated and transforming mutations stabilize Myc. EMBO J. 1999;18:717-26 pubmed..Our data reveal a complex network of interactions regulating Myc destruction, and imply that enhanced protein stability contributes to oncogenic transformation by mutant Myc proteins. ..
- Xiong X, Zhao Y, He H, Sun Y. Ribosomal protein S27-like and S27 interplay with p53-MDM2 axis as a target, a substrate and a regulator. Oncogene. 2011;30:1798-811 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a multilevel interplay between RPS27L/S27 and p53-MDM2 axis, with RPS27L functioning as a p53 target, a MDM2 substrate and a p53 regulator. ..
- Liot C, Seguin L, Siret A, Crouin C, Schmidt S, Bertoglio J. APC(cdh1) mediates degradation of the oncogenic Rho-GEF Ect2 after mitosis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e23676 pubmed publisher..Our findings raise the possibility that the overexpression of Ect2 that has been reported in some human tumors might result not only from deregulated transcription, but also from impaired degradation. ..
- Inui M, Manfrin A, Mamidi A, Martello G, Morsut L, Soligo S, et al. USP15 is a deubiquitylating enzyme for receptor-activated SMADs. Nat Cell Biol. 2011;13:1368-75 pubmed publisher..As such, USP15 is critical for the occupancy of endogenous target promoters by the SMAD complex. These data identify an additional layer of control by which the ubiquitin system regulates TGF? biology. ..
- Holowaty M, Sheng Y, Nguyen T, Arrowsmith C, Frappier L. Protein interaction domains of the ubiquitin-specific protease, USP7/HAUSP. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:47753-61 pubmed
- Ke P, Chang Z. Mitotic degradation of human thymidine kinase 1 is dependent on the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome-CDH1-mediated pathway. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:514-26 pubmed
- Cavey J, Ralston S, Hocking L, Sheppard P, Ciani B, Searle M, et al. Loss of ubiquitin-binding associated with Paget's disease of bone p62 (SQSTM1) mutations. J Bone Miner Res. 2005;20:619-24 pubmed
- Tanaka T, Grusby M, Kaisho T. PDLIM2-mediated termination of transcription factor NF-kappaB activation by intranuclear sequestration and degradation of the p65 subunit. Nat Immunol. 2007;8:584-91 pubmed..Our findings delineate a pathway by which PDLIM2 terminates NF-kappaB activation through intranuclear sequestration and subsequent degradation. ..
- Jäger S, Gottwein E, Kräusslich H. Ubiquitination of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 Gag is highly dependent on Gag membrane association. J Virol. 2007;81:9193-201 pubmed..We therefore propose that membrane association and multimerization of HIV-1 Gag proteins, rather than a specific motif within Gag, trigger recognition by the cellular ubiquitination machinery. ..
- Abrami L, Kunz B, Iacovache I, van der Goot F. Palmitoylation and ubiquitination regulate exit of the Wnt signaling protein LRP6 from the endoplasmic reticulum. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:5384-9 pubmed publisher..Finally, at the cell surface, we found that interplay between palmitoylation and ubiquitination was necessary for efficient Wnt signaling. ..
- Bayon Y, Trinidad A, de la Puerta M, del Carmen Rodríguez M, Bogetz J, Rojas A, et al. KCTD5, a putative substrate adaptor for cullin3 ubiquitin ligases. FEBS J. 2008;275:3900-10 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that KCTD5 is a substrate-specific adaptor for cullin3-based E3 ligases. ..
- Mines M, Goodwin J, Limbird L, Cui F, Fan G. Deubiquitination of CXCR4 by USP14 is critical for both CXCL12-induced CXCR4 degradation and chemotaxis but not ERK ativation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:5742-52 pubmed publisher..Finally, the indistinguishable activation of ERK by wild typeor 3K/R-CXCR4 suggests that chemotaxis in response to CXCL12 may be independent of the ERK cascade. ..
- Li W, Tu D, Li L, Wollert T, Ghirlando R, Brunger A, et al. Mechanistic insights into active site-associated polyubiquitination by the ubiquitin-conjugating enzyme Ube2g2. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:3722-7 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that a large gp78-Ube2g2 heterooligomer brings multiple Ube2g2 molecules into close proximity, allowing ubiquitin moieties to be transferred between neighboring Ube2g2s to form active site-linked polyubiquitin chains. ..
- Dou H, Buetow L, Hock A, Sibbet G, Vousden K, Huang D. Structural basis for autoinhibition and phosphorylation-dependent activation of c-Cbl. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:184-92 pubmed publisher..This activation is required for RTK ubiquitination. Our results present a mechanism for regulation of c-Cbl's activity by autoinhibition and phosphorylation-induced activation. ..
- Juang Y, Landry M, Sanches M, Vittal V, Leung C, Ceccarelli D, et al. OTUB1 co-opts Lys48-linked ubiquitin recognition to suppress E2 enzyme function. Mol Cell. 2012;45:384-97 pubmed publisher..OTUB1 therefore co-opts Lys48-linked ubiquitin chain recognition to suppress ubiquitin conjugation and the DNA damage response. ..
- Wauer T, Komander D. Structure of the human Parkin ligase domain in an autoinhibited state. EMBO J. 2013;32:2099-112 pubmed publisher..Opening of intra-domain interfaces activates Parkin, and enables Ub-based suicide probes to modify Cys431. The structure further reveals a putative phospho-peptide docking site in the UPD, and explains many PD-causing mutations. ..
- Emmerich C, Ordureau A, Strickson S, Arthur J, Pedrioli P, Komander D, et al. Activation of the canonical IKK complex by K63/M1-linked hybrid ubiquitin chains. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:15247-52 pubmed publisher..Our study may help to resolve the debate about the relative importance of K63-pUb and M1-pUb chains in activating the canonical IKK complex. ..
- Honda R, Tanaka H, Yasuda H. Oncoprotein MDM2 is a ubiquitin ligase E3 for tumor suppressor p53. FEBS Lett. 1997;420:25-7 pubmed..These data suggest that the MDM2 protein, which is induced by p53, functions as a ubiquitin ligase, E3, in human papillomavirus-uninfected cells which do not have E6 protein. ..
- Mauro C, Pacifico F, Lavorgna A, Mellone S, Iannetti A, Acquaviva R, et al. ABIN-1 binds to NEMO/IKKgamma and co-operates with A20 in inhibiting NF-kappaB. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:18482-8 pubmed..Altogether our data indicate that ABIN-1 physically links A20 to NEMO/IKKgamma and facilitates A20-mediated de-ubiquitination of NEMO/IKKgamma, thus resulting in inhibition of NF-kappaB. ..
- Stevenson L, Sparks A, Allende Vega N, Xirodimas D, Lane D, Saville M. The deubiquitinating enzyme USP2a regulates the p53 pathway by targeting Mdm2. EMBO J. 2007;26:976-86 pubmed..Our data identify the deubiquitinating enzyme USP2a as a novel regulator of the p53 pathway that acts through its ability to selectively target Mdm2. ..
- Ma Q, Zhou L, Shi H, Huo K. NUMBL interacts with TAB2 and inhibits TNFalpha and IL-1beta-induced NF-kappaB activation. Cell Signal. 2008;20:1044-51 pubmed publisher..These findings also reveal the new functions of NUMBL and implicate that NUMBL potentially links Notch pathway to NF-kappaB pathway. ..
- Choi J, Lee S, Kim C, Lee K, Cho S, Ahn J. Lysine 263 residue of NPM/B23 is essential for regulating ATP binding and B23 stability. FEBS Lett. 2008;582:1073-80 pubmed publisher..Moreover, mutation of K263 impedes the mitogenic effect of B23 in PC12 cells. Thus, K263 is a critical site for ATP binding and required for B23 stability, confining B23 in the nucleolus. ..
- Viñas Castells R, Beltran M, Valls G, Gomez I, Garcia J, Montserrat Sentis B, et al. The hypoxia-controlled FBXL14 ubiquitin ligase targets SNAIL1 for proteasome degradation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:3794-805 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results demonstrate the existence of an alternative mechanism controlling SNAIL1 protein levels relevant for the induction of SNAIL1 during hypoxia. ..
- Kawabe H, Neeb A, Dimova K, Young S, Takeda M, Katsurabayashi S, et al. Regulation of Rap2A by the ubiquitin ligase Nedd4-1 controls neurite development. Neuron. 2010;65:358-72 pubmed publisher..We conclude that a Nedd4-1/Rap2A/TNIK signaling pathway regulates neurite growth and arborization in mammalian neurons. ..
- Ogi T, Limsirichaikul S, Overmeer R, Volker M, Takenaka K, Cloney R, et al. Three DNA polymerases, recruited by different mechanisms, carry out NER repair synthesis in human cells. Mol Cell. 2010;37:714-27 pubmed publisher..The remaining repair synthesis is dependent on pol epsilon, recruitment of which is dependent on the alternative clamp loader CTF18-RFC. ..
- Lim S, Kim H, Jung G. p53 inhibits tumor cell invasion via the degradation of snail protein in hepatocellular carcinoma. FEBS Lett. 2010;584:2231-6 pubmed publisher..These findings contribute to a better understanding of the role of p53 mutation and Snail overexpression as a late event in hepatocarcinogenesis. ..
- Hinz M, Stilmann M, Arslan S, Khanna K, Dittmar G, Scheidereit C. A cytoplasmic ATM-TRAF6-cIAP1 module links nuclear DNA damage signaling to ubiquitin-mediated NF-?B activation. Mol Cell. 2010;40:63-74 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that exported SUMOylated IKK? acts as a substrate. IKK? monoubiquitination is a prerequisite for genotoxic IKK and NF-?B activation, but also promotes cytokine signaling. ..
- Castillo Lluva S, Tatham M, Jones R, Jaffray E, Edmondson R, Hay R, et al. SUMOylation of the GTPase Rac1 is required for optimal cell migration. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:1078-85 pubmed publisher..The finding that a Ras superfamily member can be SUMOylated provides an insight into the regulation of these critical mediators of cell behaviour. Our data reveal a role for SUMO in the regulation of cell migration and invasion. ..
- Zhao J, Wei J, Mialki R, Mallampalli D, Chen B, Coon T, et al. F-box protein FBXL19-mediated ubiquitination and degradation of the receptor for IL-33 limits pulmonary inflammation. Nat Immunol. 2012;13:651-8 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that modulation of the IL-33-ST2L axis by ubiquitin ligases might serve as a unique strategy for lessening pulmonary inflammation. ..
- Raasi S, Pickart C. Rad23 ubiquitin-associated domains (UBA) inhibit 26 S proteasome-catalyzed proteolysis by sequestering lysine 48-linked polyubiquitin chains. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:8951-9 pubmed..These results place constraints on the mechanism(s) by which UbL-UBA proteins promote proteasome-catalyzed proteolysis and reveal new properties of UBA domains. ..
- Niikura T, Hashimoto Y, Tajima H, Ishizaka M, Yamagishi Y, Kawasumi M, et al. A tripartite motif protein TRIM11 binds and destabilizes Humanin, a neuroprotective peptide against Alzheimer's disease-relevant insults. Eur J Neurosci. 2003;17:1150-8 pubmed..These results suggest that TRIM11 plays a role in the regulation of intracellular HN level through ubiquitin-mediated protein degradation pathways. ..