Genomes and Genes
type III collagen
Gene Symbol: type III collagen
Description: collagen type III alpha 1 chain
Alias: EDS4A, EDSVASC, collagen alpha-1(III) chain, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IV, autosomal dominant, alpha-1 type III collagen, alpha1 (III) collagen, collagen, fetal, collagen, type III, alpha 1
Products: type III collagen
- Gierlinger A, Siostrzonek P, Reisinger J. [Rare syndromes in intensive care medicine : Presentation of two cases]. Med Klin Intensivmed Notfmed. 2016;111:400-6 pubmed publisher..Celiprolol, a cardioselective ??blocker, seems to have a beneficial effect by reducing the incidence of vascular complications. ..
- Eagleton M. Arterial complications of vascular Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. J Vasc Surg. 2016;64:1869-1880 pubmed publisher..surgery, genetics, pathophysiology, connective tissue disorders, vascular complications, systematic review, type III collagen, and COL3A1...
- Álvarez K, Jordi L, Jose Angel H. Hemothorax in vascular Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Reumatol Clin. 2017;: pubmed publisher..syndrome (EDS IV) is a rare genetic disorder characterized by an alteration in the COL3A1 gene which encodes type III collagen. It is the most common type of collagen in vessels of medium size and certain organs such as the intestines ..
- Fang S, Guo H, Cheng Y, Zhou Z, Zhang W, Han B, et al. circHECTD1 promotes the silica-induced pulmonary endothelial-mesenchymal transition via HECTD1. Cell Death Dis. 2018;9:396 pubmed publisher..current study, SiO2 increased the expression of mesenchymal markers (type I collagen (COL1A1), type III collagen (COL3A1) and alpha smooth muscle actin (Î±-SMA/Acta2)) and decreased the expression of endothelial markers ..
- Szóstek Mioduchowska A, Lukasik K, Skarzynski D, Okuda K. Effect of transforming growth factor -β1 on α-smooth muscle actin and collagen expression in equine endometrial fibroblasts. Theriogenology. 2019;124:9-17 pubmed publisher..We conclude that TGF-β1 may participate in pathological fibrotic changes in equine endometrial tissue by induction of myofibroblast differentiation, increased production of ECM components and fibroblast proliferation. ..
- Kain D, Amit U, Yagil C, Landa N, Naftali Shani N, Molotski N, et al. Macrophages dictate the progression and manifestation of hypertensive heart disease. Int J Cardiol. 2016;203:381-95 pubmed publisher..Macrophages mediate the development of hypertension, LVH, adverse cardiac remodeling, and fibrosis. Macrophages, therefore, should be considered as a therapeutic target to reduce the adverse consequences of hypertensive heart disease. ..
- Geary M, Orner C, Bawany F, Awad H, Hammert W, O Keefe R, et al. Systemic EP4 Inhibition Increases Adhesion Formation in a Murine Model of Flexor Tendon Repair. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0136351 pubmed publisher..revealed a more robust granulation zone in the EP4 antagonist treated repairs, with early polarization for type III collagen by picrosirius red staining, findings consistent with functional outcomes...
- Faust I, Traut P, Nolting F, Petschallies J, Neumann E, Kunisch E, et al. Human xylosyltransferases--mediators of arthrofibrosis? New pathomechanistic insights into arthrofibrotic remodeling after knee replacement therapy. Sci Rep. 2015;5:12537 pubmed publisher..However, the blood-synovial-barrier makes arthrofibrotic molecular changes undetectable in serum. Future studies on monitoring or preventing arthrofibrotic remodeling should therefore rely on local instead of systemic parameters. ..
- Harigai R, Sakai S, Nobusue H, Hirose C, Sampetrean O, Minami N, et al. Tranilast inhibits the expression of genes related to epithelial-mesenchymal transition and angiogenesis in neurofibromin-deficient cells. Sci Rep. 2018;8:6069 pubmed publisher..In addition, tranilast inhibited sNF96.2 cell migration and proliferation in vivo. Knockdown of type III collagen (COL3A1) also suppressed the proliferation of neurofibroma cells, whereas expression of COL3A1 and SOX2 was ..
- Debette S, Goeggel Simonetti B, Schilling S, Martin J, Kloss M, Sarikaya H, et al. Familial occurrence and heritable connective tissue disorders in cervical artery dissection. Neurology. 2014;83:2023-31 pubmed publisher..This finding supports the notion that CeAD is a multifactorial disease in the vast majority of cases. ..
- Fedoruk K, Chong K, Sermer M, Carvalho J. Anesthetic management of a parturient with hypermobility phenotype but possible vascular genotype Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Can J Anaesth. 2015;62:1308-12 pubmed publisher..In the absence of convincing signs of vascular EDS and a negative family history, it may be rational to offer certain parturients neuraxial anesthesia and a trial of vaginal labour. ..
- Dai J, Zhu D, Sheng J, Chen X, Li W, Wang G, et al. Inhibition of Tanshinone IIA, salvianolic acid A and salvianolic acid B on Areca nut extract-induced oral submucous fibrosis in vitro. Molecules. 2015;20:6794-807 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, Tan-IIA, Sal-A and Sal-B possess excellent antifibrotic activity in vitro and can possibly be used to promote the rehabilitation of OSF patients. ..
- Lan N, Fietz M, Pachter N, Paul V, Playford D. A case of vascular Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome with a cardiomyopathy and multi-system involvement. Cardiovasc Pathol. 2018;35:48-51 pubmed publisher..This case also illustrates the multi-system nature of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and the complexity of managing patients with the vascular subtype. ..
- Aissa A, Amaral C, Venâncio V, Machado C, Hernandes L, Santos P, et al. Methionine-supplemented diet affects the expression of cardiovascular disease-related genes and increases inflammatory cytokines in mice heart and liver. J Toxicol Environ Health A. 2017;80:1116-1128 pubmed publisher..Both methionine supplementation and deprivation lowered hepatic levels of APOA5. In conclusion, data demonstrated that a methionine-supplemented diet modulated important biological processes associated with high risk of CVD development...
- Yao X, Dai C, Fredriksson K, Dagur P, McCoy J, Qu X, et al. 5A, an apolipoprotein A-I mimetic peptide, attenuates the induction of house dust mite-induced asthma. J Immunol. 2011;186:576-83 pubmed publisher..These data support the conclusion that strategies using apoA-I mimetic peptides, such as 5A, might be developed further as a possible new treatment approach for asthma. ..
- Hafez M, Hamed S, El Khadragy M, Hassan Z, Al Rejaie S, Sayed Ahmed M, et al. Effect of ginseng extract on the TGF-?1 signaling pathway in CCl4-induced liver fibrosis in rats. BMC Complement Altern Med. 2017;17:45 pubmed publisher..ginseng extract had an anti-fibrosis effect via the regulation of the TGF-?1/Smad signaling pathway in the CCl4-induced liver fibrosis model. The major target was the inhibition of the expression of TGF-?1, Smad2, and Smad3. ..
- Lu J, Liu Q, Wang L, Tu W, Chu H, Ding W, et al. Increased expression of latent TGF-?-binding protein 4 affects the fibrotic process in scleroderma by TGF-?/SMAD signaling. Lab Invest. 2017;97:591-601 pubmed publisher..In addition, this study also lays the theoretical foundation for targeting LTBP-4 as treatment of scleroderma. ..
- Tian H, Sun Y, He L, Yi Y, Gao X, Xu D. Single-Stranded DNA-Binding Protein 1 Abrogates Cardiac Fibroblast Proliferation and Collagen Expression Induced by Angiotensin II. Int Heart J. 2018;59:1398-1408 pubmed publisher..To summarize, SSBP1 was down-regulated by Ang II and implicated in cardiac fibroblast proliferation and collagen expression partly via the p53 protein. ..
- Wang Z, Jinnin M, Kobayashi Y, Kudo H, Inoue K, Nakayama W, et al. Mice overexpressing integrin Î±v in fibroblasts exhibit dermal thinning of the skin. J Dermatol Sci. 2015;79:268-78 pubmed publisher..This study gave a new insight in the treatment of tissue fibrosis and scleroderma by balancing integrin expression. ..
- Katsma M, Patel S, Eldon E, Corbell K, Shimkus K, Fluckey J, et al. The influence of chronic IL-6 exposure, in vivo, on rat Achilles tendon extracellular matrix. Cytokine. 2017;93:10-14 pubmed publisher..Chronic treatment with physiologically relevant levels of IL-6 suppresses expression of Col1a1 and LOX while also altering expression of select MMPs but does not alter Achilles tendon collagen synthesis. ..
- Zhang Y, Miao H, Guan H, Wang C, Wang Z, Ji L. Long-term diosbulbin B treatment induced liver fibrosis in mice. Chem Biol Interact. 2019;298:15-23 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, long-term administration of DB induced liver fibrosis in mice. HSCs activation, epithelial-mesenchymal transition (EMT) and liver inflammation contributed to DB-induced liver fibrosis in mice. ..
- Pascoe C, Obeidat M, Arsenault B, Nie Y, Warner S, Stefanowicz D, et al. Gene expression analysis in asthma using a targeted multiplex array. BMC Pulm Med. 2017;17:189 pubmed publisher..Several asthma susceptibility loci are known to contain CTCF motifs and so understanding the role of this transcription factor may expand our understanding of asthma pathophysiology and therapeutic options. ..
- Maccarana M, Svensson R, Knutsson A, Giannopoulos A, Pelkonen M, Weis M, et al. Asporin-deficient mice have tougher skin and altered skin glycosaminoglycan content and structure. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184028 pubmed publisher..Also, decorin and biglycan were doubled in Aspn-/- skin. Overall, asporin deficiency changes skin glycosaminoglycan composition, and decorin and biglycan content, which may explain the changes in skin mechanical properties. ..
- Prasad V, Lorenz J, Lasko V, Nieman M, Jiang M, Gao X, et al. Ablation of plasma membrane Ca(2+)-ATPase isoform 4 prevents development of hypertrophy in a model of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2014;77:53-63 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a novel and specific role for PMCA4 in the Tm180 hypertrophic phenotype, with the "protective" effects of PMCA4 deficiency encompassing multiple determinants of HCM-related hypertrophy. ..
- Zhang Y, Zhang L, Zhang Q, Hong W, Lin X. [microRNA-222 regulates proliferation and apoptosis of fibroblasts in hypertrophic scar via matrix metalloproteinase 1]. Zhejiang Da Xue Xue Bao Yi Xue Ban. 2017;46:609-617 pubmed
- Harlow C, Wu X, van Deemter M, Gardiner F, Poland C, Green R, et al. Targeting lysyl oxidase reduces peritoneal fibrosis. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0183013 pubmed publisher..Progesterone significantly inhibited IL-1Î± induced Lox expression by PMC in vitro. Our results provide proof-of-concept that targeting peritoneal Lox could be an effective approach in ameliorating fibrosis and adhesion development. ..
- Scolari S, Pugliesi G, Strefezzi R, Andrade S, Coutinho L, Binelli M. Dynamic remodeling of endometrial extracellular matrix regulates embryo receptivity in cattle. Reproduction. 2016;: pubmed..In summary, the overlapping set of genes differently expressed in both fertility models: (1) suggests that disregulation of ECM remodeling can impair receptivity and (2) can be used as markers to predict pregnancy outcome in cattle. ..
- Thorn C, Knight B, Pastel E, McCulloch L, Patel B, Shore A, et al. Adipose tissue is influenced by hypoxia of obstructive sleep apnea syndrome independent of obesity. Diabetes Metab. 2017;43:240-247 pubmed publisher..We observe features of adipose dysfunction in subjects with OSAS, which attribute to increased cardiometabolic risk associated with this condition. ..
- Lodewyckx L, Cailotto F, Thysen S, Luyten F, Lories R. Tight regulation of wingless-type signaling in the articular cartilage - subchondral bone biomechanical unit: transcriptomics in Frzb-knockout mice. Arthritis Res Ther. 2012;14:R16 pubmed publisher..These data further support an important role for FRZB in joint homeostasis and highlight the complex biology of WNT signaling in the joint. ..
- Stilhano R, Samoto V, Silva L, Pereira G, Erustes A, Smaili S, et al. Reduction in skeletal muscle fibrosis of spontaneously hypertensive rats after laceration by microRNA targeting angiotensin II receptor. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0186719 pubmed publisher..Moreover, muscle fibrosis can be treated specifically by in loco injection of Lv-mirAT1a without affecting other organs...
- McArthur C, Wang Y, Heruth D, Gustafson S. Amplification of extracellular matrix and oncogenes in tat-transfected human salivary gland cell lines with expression of laminin, fibronectin, collagens I, III, IV, c-myc and p53. Arch Oral Biol. 2001;46:545-55 pubmed..These cell lines provide a useful system for studying the role of tat in the immunopathogenesis of HIV-associated salivary gland disease. ..
- Jeon M, Chung S, Choi J, Jung H, Kim S, Bai S. The relationship between COL3A1 exon 31 polymorphism and pelvic organ prolapse. J Urol. 2009;181:1213-6 pubmed publisher..2 (95% CI 1.4-7.3). COL3A1 exon 31 polymorphism may have a role in determining the risk of pelvic organ prolapse in women with risk factors such as aging, vaginal childbirth and hypoestrogenism. ..
- Kronenberg D, Bruns B, Moali C, Vadon Le Goff S, Sterchi E, Traupe H, et al. Processing of procollagen III by meprins: new players in extracellular matrix assembly?. J Invest Dermatol. 2010;130:2727-35 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that meprins could be important players in several remodeling processes involving collagen fiber deposition. ..
- Schwarze U, Schievink W, Petty E, Jaff M, Babovic Vuksanovic D, Cherry K, et al. Haploinsufficiency for one COL3A1 allele of type III procollagen results in a phenotype similar to the vascular form of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IV. Am J Hum Genet. 2001;69:989-1001 pubmed
- Jung S, Sonoda M, Tsuji K, Jimi A, Nomura S, Kanaji T, et al. Are integrin alpha(2)beta(1), glycoprotein Ib and vWf levels correlated with their contributions to platelet adhesion on collagen under high-shear flow?. Platelets. 2010;21:101-11 pubmed publisher..Platelet adhesion to type I collagen depends mainly on the alpha(2)beta(1)-collagen interaction and that to type III collagen depends on the GPIb-vWf interaction due to vWf's weak affinity for type I collagen...
- Chen H, Lu Y, Qi Y, Bai W, Liao Q. Relationship between the expressions of mitofusin-2 and procollagen in uterosacral ligament fibroblasts of postmenopausal patients with pelvic organ prolapse. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol. 2014;174:141-5 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the Mfn2 protein may affect the synthesis of procollagen of fibroblasts in postmenopausal patients with POP. Changes in Mfn2 and procollagen expression may play a role in the development of POP. ..
- Mi Y, Wang W, Lu J, Zhang C, Wang Y, Ying H, et al. Proteasome-mediated degradation of collagen III by cortisol in amnion fibroblasts. J Mol Endocrinol. 2018;60:45-54 pubmed publisher..Conclusively, cortisol regenerated in amnion fibroblasts may be associated with ROM at parturition by reducing collagen III protein abundance through a ubiquitin-proteasome pathway. ..
- Makrygiannis G, Loeys B, Defraigne J, Sakalihasan N. Cervical artery dissections and type A aortic dissection in a family with a novel missense COL3A1 mutation of vascular type Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. Eur J Med Genet. 2015;58:634-6 pubmed publisher..This is a heterozygous c.953GÂ >Â A mutation in exon 14, disrupting the normal Gly-X-Y repeats of type III procollagen, by converting glycine to aspartic acid. ..
- Narcisi P, Richards A, Ferguson S, Pope F. A family with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type III/articular hypermobility syndrome has a glycine 637 to serine substitution in type III collagen. Hum Mol Genet. 1994;3:1617-20 pubmed..Analysis of cultured fibroblasts from the affected family revealed intracellular retention of type III collagen. This is usually a biochemical characteristic of EDS IV, caused by mutations of COL3A1...
- Lee B, Vitale E, Superti Furga A, Steinmann B, Ramirez F. G to T transversion at position +5 of a splice donor site causes skipping of the preceding exon in the type III procollagen transcripts of a patient with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IV. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:5256-9 pubmed..with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IV, a heritable connective tissue disorder associated with dysfunctions of type III collagen. The mutation was first localized in the patient's type III procollagen mRNA by amplifying the reverse ..
- Tromp G, Wu Y, Prockop D, Madhatheri S, Kleinert C, Earley J, et al. Sequencing of cDNA from 50 unrelated patients reveals that mutations in the triple-helical domain of type III procollagen are an infrequent cause of aortic aneurysms. J Clin Invest. 1993;91:2539-45 pubmed..In 40 of the 54 patients, detection of a polymorphism in the mRNA established that both alleles were expressed. The results indicate that mutations in type III procollagen are the cause of only about 2% of aortic aneurysms. ..
- Seyer J, Kang A. Covalent structure of collagen: amino acid sequence of cyanogen bromide peptides from the amino-terminal segment of type III collagen of human liver. Biochemistry. 1977;16:1158-64 pubmedHuman liver type III collagen was prepared by limited pepsin digestion, differential salt precipitation, and carboxymethylcellulose chromatography...
- Yang Z, Chen X, Zhang Q, Cai B, Chen K, Chen Z, et al. Dysregulated COL3A1 and RPL8, RPS16, and RPS23 in Disc Degeneration Revealed by Bioinformatics Methods. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2015;40:E745-51 pubmed publisher..The results revealed the involvement of COL3A1 in skeletal system process and RPL8, RPS16, and RPS23 in the protein synthesis processes in the progression of DD, suggesting their potential use in the diagnosis and therapy of DD. N/A. ..
- Loidl H, Brinker J, May M, Pihlajaniemi T, Morrow S, Rosenbloom J, et al. Molecular cloning and carboxyl-propeptide analysis of human type III procollagen. Nucleic Acids Res. 1984;12:9383-94 pubmed..Furthermore, as we previously reported for the alpha 1(I) and alpha 2(I) transcripts, multiple mRNAs also hybridize to the cloned alpha 1(III) DNA. ..
- Ogata T, Shibamura H, Tromp G, Sinha M, Goddard K, Sakalihasan N, et al. Genetic analysis of polymorphisms in biologically relevant candidate genes in patients with abdominal aortic aneurysms. J Vasc Surg. 2005;41:1036-42 pubmed..After replication it is possible that these sequence changes in combination with other risk factors could be used in the future to identify individuals who are at increased risk for developing an AAA. ..
- Wang X, Tang Z, Yu D, Cui S, Jiang Y, Zhang Q, et al. Epithelial but not stromal expression of collagen alpha-1(III) is a diagnostic and prognostic indicator of colorectal carcinoma. Oncotarget. 2016;7:8823-38 pubmed publisher..2%/91.1%. Silencing of COL3A1 suppressed CRC cell proliferation in in vitro MTT assay and in in vivo Zebra fish xenograft model by downregulation of PI3K/AKT and WNT signaling. COL3A1 was a novel diagnosis and prognosis marker of CRC. ..
- Toman P, Ricca G, de Crombrugghe B. Nucleotide sequence of a cDNA coding for the amino-terminal region of human prepro alpha 1(III) collagen. Nucleic Acids Res. 1988;16:7201 pubmed
- Persikov A, Pillitteri R, Amin P, Schwarze U, Byers P, Brodsky B. Stability related bias in residues replacing glycines within the collagen triple helix (Gly-Xaa-Yaa) in inherited connective tissue disorders. Hum Mutat. 2004;24:330-7 pubmed..imperfecta results from mutations in type I collagen, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IV from mutations in type III collagen, Alport syndrome from mutations in type IV collagen, and dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa from mutations in ..
- Sakai H, Suzuki S, Mizuguchi T, Imoto K, Yamashita Y, Doi H, et al. Rapid detection of gene mutations responsible for non-syndromic aortic aneurysm and dissection using two different methods: resequencing microarray technology and next-generation sequencing. Hum Genet. 2012;131:591-9 pubmed publisher..Next-generation sequencing was able to detect almost all types of mutation, but requires improved informatics methods. ..
- van Haaften W, Mortensen J, Karsdal M, Bay Jensen A, Dijkstra G, Olinga P. Misbalance in type III collagen formation/degradation as a novel serological biomarker for penetrating (Montreal B3) Crohn's disease. Aliment Pharmacol Ther. 2017;46:26-39 pubmed publisher..show that penetrating Crohn's disease is characterised by increased matrix metalloproteinase-9 degraded type III collagen and formation of type V collagen...
- Sadakata R, Hatamochi A, Kodama K, Kaga A, Yamaguchi T, Soma T, et al. Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IV, vascular type, which demonstrated a novel point mutation in the COL3A1 gene. Intern Med. 2010;49:1797-800 pubmed..The diagnosis was genetically confirmed by a mutation c.2528 G>A (p.Gly843Glu) in the COL3A1 gene. The position of the mutation has never been reported. ..
- Steinmann B, Abe S, Martin G. Modulation of type I and type III collagen production in normal and mutant human skin fibroblasts by cell density, prostaglandin E2 and epidermal growth factor. Coll Relat Res. 1982;2:185-95 pubmed
- Luo R, Jin Z, Deng Y, Strokes N, Piao X. Disease-associated mutations prevent GPR56-collagen III interaction. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e29818 pubmed publisher..Our data indicates that these four single missense mutations cause BFPP mostly by abolishing the ability of GPR56 to bind to its ligand, collagen III, in addition to affecting GPR56 protein surface expression as previously shown. ..
- Boudko S, Engel J, Okuyama K, Mizuno K, Bachinger H, Schumacher M. Crystal structure of human type III collagen Gly991-Gly1032 cystine knot-containing peptide shows both 7/2 and 10/3 triple helical symmetries. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:32580-9 pubmed publisherb>Type III collagen is a critical collagen that comprises extensible connective tissue such as skin, lung, and the vascular system...
- Wang J, Fontes M, Wang X, Chong S, Kessler E, Zhang Y, et al. Leukocytic Toll-Like Receptor 2 Deficiency Preserves Cardiac Function And Reduces Fibrosis In Sustained Pressure Overload. Sci Rep. 2017;7:9193 pubmed publisher..Our findings show that leukocytic TLR2 deficiency protects against LV dysfunction and fibrosis probably via a reduction in inflammatory signaling in sustained pressure overload. ..
- Machha V, Tischer A, Moon Tasson L, Auton M. The Von Willebrand Factor A1-Collagen III Interaction Is Independent of Conformation and Type 2 Von Willebrand Disease Phenotype. J Mol Biol. 2017;429:32-47 pubmed publisher..With respect to A1, collagen has an inhibitory role that provides an explanation for the lack of thrombosis in patients with gain-of-function VWD. ..
- Somasundaram R, Schuppan D. Type I, II, III, IV, V, and VI collagens serve as extracellular ligands for the isoforms of platelet-derived growth factor (AA, BB, and AB). J Biol Chem. 1996;271:26884-91 pubmed..Our data are in accord with previous studies that localized PDGF in the extracellular matrix of fibroproliferative lesions and suggest that binding of PDGF to collagens may localize and modulate its biological activities. ..
- Palmeri S, Mari F, Meloni I, Malandrini A, Ariani F, Villanova M, et al. Neurological presentation of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IV in a family with parental mosaicism. Clin Genet. 2003;63:510-5 pubmedEhlers-Danlos syndrome type IV (EDS-IV) is an autosomal-dominant disorder caused by a defect of type III collagen which leads to ruptures of arteries and hollow organs...
- Stembridge N, Vandersteen A, Ghali N, Sawle P, Nesbitt M, Pollitt R, et al. Clinical, structural, biochemical and X-ray crystallographic correlates of pathogenicity for variants in the C-propeptide region of the COL3A1 gene. Am J Med Genet A. 2015;167A:1763-72 pubmed publisher..of connective tissue caused by pathological variants in the COL3A1 gene, which encodes the Î±1 chain of type III collagen. Type III collagen is a major component of skin, arterial walls, and the gastrointestinal tract...
- Odelin G, Faure E, Kober F, Maurel Zaffran C, ThÃ©ron A, Coulpier F, et al. Loss of Krox20 results in aortic valve regurgitation and impaired transcriptional activation of fibrillar collagen genes. Cardiovasc Res. 2014;104:443-55 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Krox20-mediated activation of fibrillar Col1a1 and Col3a1 genes is crucial to avoid postnatal degeneration of the AoV leaflets. ..
- Wang Y, Li Y, Khabut A, Chubinskaya S, Grodzinsky A, Onnerfjord P. Quantitative proteomics analysis of cartilage response to mechanical injury and cytokine treatment. Matrix Biol. 2017;63:11-22 pubmed publisher..Discovery proteomics revealed that candidate proteases were identified after specific treatment conditions, including MMP1, MMP-3, MMP-10 and MMP-13. ..
- Okada M, Suzuki K, Takada K, Nakashima M, Nakanishi T, Shinohara T. Detection of up-regulated genes in thrombin-stimulated human umbilical vein endothelial cells. Thromb Res. 2006;118:715-21 pubmed..We demonstrated, for the first time, that BIRC3 (anti-apoptotic protein), COL3A1 (matrix protein synthesis), and CXCL3 (chemokine) were up-regulated in the thrombin-stimulated HUVECs. ..
- Liu L, Yin H, He J, Xie M, Wang Z, Xiao H. [Emodin inhibits the proliferation, transdifferentiation and collagen synthesis of pulmonary fibroblasts]. Xi Bao Yu Fen Zi Mian Yi Xue Za Zhi. 2016;32:921-5 pubmed..Conclusion Emodin can block pulmonary fibroblast proliferation and differentiation into myofibroblasts, and reduce the synthesis of Col1 and Col3 by inhibiting TGF-?1/ADAMTS-1 signaling pathway. ..
- Andreea S, Marieta C, Anca D. AGEs and glucose levels modulate type I and III procollagen mRNA synthesis in dermal fibroblasts cells culture. Exp Diabetes Res. 2008;2008:473603 pubmed publisher..High glucose levels mildly induced a profibrogenic pattern, increasing the procollagen alpha2(I) mRNA expression whereas there was a downregulation tendency of procollagen alpha1(III) mRNA. ..
- Herpel E, Pritsch M, Koch A, Dengler T, Schirmacher P, Schnabel P. Interstitial fibrosis in the heart: differences in extracellular matrix proteins and matrix metalloproteinases in end-stage dilated, ischaemic and valvular cardiomyopathy. Histopathology. 2006;48:736-47 pubmed..Comparing ICM with VCM, all proteins were found more frequently in VCM than in ICM except for type III collagen, which was significantly more frequent in ICM...
- Chen Y, DeSautel M, Anderson A, Badlani G, Kushner L. Collagen synthesis is not altered in women with stress urinary incontinence. Neurourol Urodyn. 2004;23:367-73 pubmed
- Robins S, Milne G, Duncan A, Davies C, Butt R, Greiling D, et al. Increased skin collagen extractability and proportions of collagen type III are not normalized after 6 months healing of human excisional wounds. J Invest Dermatol. 2003;121:267-72 pubmed..89, p<0.0001) suggests a causal relationship, consistent with the likely effects of a substantial network of mature, inter-helical bonds in collagen. ..
- Palmieri A, Zollino I, Clauser L, Lucchese A, Girardi A, Farinella F, et al. Biological effect of resorbable plates on normal osteoblasts and osteoblasts derived from Pfeiffer syndrome. J Craniofac Surg. 2011;22:860-3 pubmed publisher..This study also revealed some differences in gene expression between normal osteoblasts and osteoblasts derived from patients with Pfeiffer syndrome, cultivated on PLPG acid plates. ..
- Sansilvestri Morel P, Rupin A, Jullien N, Lembrez N, Mestries Dubois P, Fabiani J, et al. Decreased production of collagen Type III in cultured smooth muscle cells from varicose vein patients is due to a degradation by MMPs: possible implication of MMP-3. J Vasc Res. 2005;42:388-98 pubmed..The degradation of collagen III and fibronectin may have repercussions for the mechanical properties of the venous wall. ..
- Fahrig T, Landa C, Pesheva P, Kuhn K, Schachner M. Characterization of binding properties of the myelin-associated glycoprotein to extracellular matrix constituents. EMBO J. 1987;6:2875-83 pubmed..These findings are in agreement with previous observations on the localization of MAG in basal lamina and interstitial collagens of the sciatic nerve in situ. ..
- van Lier M, Verhoef S, Cauwenberghs S, Heemskerk J, Akkerman J, Heijnen H. Role of membrane cholesterol in platelet calcium signalling in response to VWF and collagen under stasis and flow. Thromb Haemost. 2008;99:1068-78 pubmed publisher..Our data thus reveal a more critical role for membrane cholesterol in collagen-induced than in VWF-induced Ca(2+) signalling, and furthermore support the concept that secondary activation responses are dependent on intact CRDs. ..
- Chou H, Hung J, Chen Y, Wu J, Tsai F. Association between COL3A1 collagen gene exon 31 polymorphism and risk of floppy mitral valve/mitral valve prolapse. Int J Cardiol. 2004;95:299-305 pubmed..This study shows that patients with FMV/MVP have higher frequency of COL3A1 exon 31 GG genotype that supports a role of the COL3A1 exon 31 polymorphism in determining the risk of FMV/MVP among the Chinese population in Taiwan. ..
- Agrinier N, Thilly N, Boivin J, Dousset B, Alla F, Zannad F. Prognostic value of serum PIIINP, MMP1 and TIMP1 levels in hypertensive patients: a community-based prospective cohort study. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2013;27:572-80 pubmed publisher..06; 95%CI [1.02-1.09]). Adjusting for confounders did not modify this result. Cardiac fibrosis, as assessed with serum ECM biomarkers, might develop early in hypertensive patients and is predictive of cardiovascular events or death. ..
- Ala Kokko L, Kontusaari S, Baldwin C, Kuivaniemi H, Prockop D. Structure of cDNA clones coding for the entire prepro alpha 1 (III) chain of human type III procollagen. Differences in protein structure from type I procollagen and conservation of codon preferences. Biochem J. 1989;260:509-16 pubmed..of -Gly-Xaa-Yaa- were identified that were not detected previously by amino acid sequencing of human type III collagen. The two additional tripeptide units, together with three previously detected, establish that the alpha 1 (..
- Kontusaari S, Tromp G, Kuivaniemi H, Ladda R, Prockop D. Inheritance of an RNA splicing mutation (G+ 1 IVS20) in the type III procollagen gene (COL3A1) in a family having aortic aneurysms and easy bruisability: phenotypic overlap between familial arterial aneurysms and Ehlers-Danlos syndrome type IV. Am J Hum Genet. 1990;47:112-20 pubmed..In addition, the results suggested that DNA tests for mutations in the type III procollagen gene may be useful to identify individuals predisposed to developing arterial aneurysms. ..