Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TUBB6
Description: tubulin beta 6 class V
Alias: FPVEPD, HsT1601, TUBB-5, tubulin beta-6 chain, class V beta-tubulin, tubulin beta MGC4083, tubulin beta class V, tubulin, beta 6
- Mariani M, Zannoni G, Sioletic S, Sieber S, Martino C, Martinelli E, et al. Gender influences the class III and V ?-tubulin ability to predict poor outcome in colorectal cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2012;18:2964-75 pubmed publisher..To predict the outcome of therapy, we assessed the role of class III (TUBB3) and class V ?-tubulin (TUBB6) as predictive biomarkers...
- Mosbech A, Gibbs Seymour I, Kagias K, Thorslund T, Beli P, Povlsen L, et al. DVC1 (C1orf124) is a DNA damage-targeting p97 adaptor that promotes ubiquitin-dependent responses to replication blocks. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2012;19:1084-92 pubmed publisher..Our findings establish DVC1 as a DNA damage-targeting p97 adaptor that protects cells from deleterious consequences of replication blocks and suggest an important role of p97 in ubiquitin-dependent regulation of TLS...
- Verdier Pinard P, Shahabi S, Wang F, Burd B, Xiao H, Goldberg G, et al. Detection of human betaV-tubulin expression in epithelial cancer cell lines by tubulin proteomics. Biochemistry. 2005;44:15858-70 pubmed..Therefore, both betaIII- and betaV-tubulin expression levels should be systematically determined to assess the role of differential tubulin isotype expression in the response of tumors to drugs targeting microtubules. ..
- Law B, Spain V, Leinster V, Chia R, Beilina A, Cho H, et al. A direct interaction between leucine-rich repeat kinase 2 and specific ?-tubulin isoforms regulates tubulin acetylation. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:895-908 pubmed publisher..LRRK2 selectively interacts with three ?-tubulin isoforms: TUBB, TUBB4, and TUBB6, one of which (TUBB4) is mutated in the movement disorder dystonia type 4 (DYT4)...
- Gigot D, Caplier I, Strosberg D, Pierard A, Glansdorff N. Amino-proximal sequences of the argF and argI ornithine carbamoyltransferases from Escherichia coli K-12 [proceedings]. Arch Int Physiol Biochim. 1978;86:913-5 pubmed
- Salinas R, Ogohara C, Thomas M, Shukla K, Miller S, Ko D. A cellular genome-wide association study reveals human variation in microtubule stability and a role in inflammatory cell death. Mol Biol Cell. 2014;25:76-86 pubmed publisher..polymorphism on chromosome 18 is associated with decreased pyroptosis and increased expression of TUBB6 (tubulin, ? 6 class V)...
- Chen D, Wang M, Zhou S, Zhou Q. HIV-1 Tat targets microtubules to induce apoptosis, a process promoted by the pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 relative Bim. EMBO J. 2002;21:6801-10 pubmed..Our findings reveal a strategy by which Tat induces apoptosis by targeting the microtubule network. Thus HIV-1 Tat joins a growing list of pathogen-derived proteins that target the cytoskeleton of host cells. ..
- Leandro García L, Leskela S, Landa I, Montero Conde C, López Jiménez E, Leton R, et al. Tumoral and tissue-specific expression of the major human beta-tubulin isotypes. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2010;67:214-23 pubmed publisher..In the nontumoral tissues, we found that, overall, TUBB (I), TUBB2C (IVb), and TUBB6 (V) were ubiquitous, TUBB1(VI) was hematopoietic cell-specific, and TUBB2A (IIa), TUBB2B (IIb), TUBB3 (III), and ..
- Chao S, Wang Y, Verdier Pinard P, Yang C, Liu L, Rodriguez Gabin A, et al. Characterization of a human ?V-tubulin antibody and expression of this isotype in normal and malignant human tissue. Cytoskeleton (Hoboken). 2012;69:566-76 pubmed publisher..Thus, ?V-tubulin expression is a potentially promising prognostic marker of malignancy. ..
- Fazeli W, Herkenrath P, Stiller B, Neugebauer A, Fricke J, Lang Roth R, et al. A TUBB6 mutation is associated with autosomal dominant non-progressive congenital facial palsy, bilateral ptosis and velopharyngeal dysfunction. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:4055-4066 pubmed publisher..In a five-generation pedigree, we identified a heterozygous mutation of TUBB6, a gene encoding a class V tubulin which has not been linked to a human hereditary disease so far...
- Campbell G, Pasquier E, Watkins J, Bourgarel Rey V, Peyrot V, Esquieu D, et al. The glutamine-rich region of the HIV-1 Tat protein is involved in T-cell apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:48197-204 pubmed..The glutamine-rich region of Tat appears to be involved in the Tat-mediated apoptosis of T-cells. ..
- Cucchiarelli V, Hiser L, Smith H, Frankfurter A, Spano A, Correia J, et al. Beta-tubulin isotype classes II and V expression patterns in nonsmall cell lung carcinomas. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 2008;65:675-85 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the ratio of MAP4 to stathmin mRNA was found to be higher in diseased lung tissues compared to normal lung tissues, suggesting this ratio might also be used as a clinically relevant biomarker for NSCLCs. ..
- Xu W, Liu L, Hornby D. c-IAP1 binds and processes PCSK9 protein: linking the c-IAP1 in a TNF-α pathway to PCSK9-mediated LDLR degradation pathway. Molecules. 2012;17:12086-101 pubmed publisher..The novel pathway described here will open new avenues for exploring novel disease treatments. ..