Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TUBB3
Description: tubulin beta 3 class III
Alias: CDCBM, CDCBM1, CFEOM3, CFEOM3A, FEOM3, TUBB4, beta-4, tubulin beta-3 chain, class III beta-tubulin, tubulin beta-4 chain, tubulin beta-III, tubulin, beta 3
Publications118 found, 100 shown here
- Saura C, Tseng L, Chan S, Chacko R, Campone M, Manikhas A, et al. Neoadjuvant doxorubicin/cyclophosphamide followed by ixabepilone or paclitaxel in early stage breast cancer and evaluation of ?III-tubulin expression as a predictive marker. Oncologist. 2013;18:787-94 pubmed publisher..Higher response rates were observed among ?III-tubulin-positive patients. ..
- Seve P, Lai R, Ding K, Winton T, Butts C, Mackey J, et al. Class III beta-tubulin expression and benefit from adjuvant cisplatin/vinorelbine chemotherapy in operable non-small cell lung cancer: analysis of NCIC JBR.10. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:994-9 pubmed..Greater benefit from adjuvant chemotherapy was seen in patients with high bTubIII expression. This is contrary to what has been seen in the setting of advanced disease; possible reasons for this difference are being explored. ..
- Ikeda S, Takabe K, Suzuki K. Expression of ERCC1 and class IIIbeta tubulin for predicting effect of carboplatin/paclitaxel in patients with advanced inoperable non-small cell lung cancer. Pathol Int. 2009;59:863-7 pubmed publisher..485; 95% confidence interval: 1.123-10.818, P= 0.031). It was concluded that determination of the expression of these proteins is useful to predict the effects of platinum-based anticancer drugs. ..
- Campbell G, Pasquier E, Watkins J, Bourgarel Rey V, Peyrot V, Esquieu D, et al. The glutamine-rich region of the HIV-1 Tat protein is involved in T-cell apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:48197-204 pubmed..The glutamine-rich region of Tat appears to be involved in the Tat-mediated apoptosis of T-cells. ..
- de Mareuil J, Carre M, Barbier P, Campbell G, Lancelot S, Opi S, et al. HIV-1 Tat protein enhances microtubule polymerization. Retrovirology. 2005;2:5 pubmed..These results show that Tat directly acts on microtubule polymerization and provide insights into the mechanism of T cell apoptosis mediated by extra-cellular Tat. ..
- Mozzetti S, Ferlini C, Concolino P, Filippetti F, Raspaglio G, Prislei S, et al. Class III beta-tubulin overexpression is a prominent mechanism of paclitaxel resistance in ovarian cancer patients. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:298-305 pubmed..By a direct comparison of the three main known mechanisms of paclitaxel resistance, this study indicates that overexpression of class III beta-tubulin is the most prominent mechanism of paclitaxel resistance in ovarian cancer. ..
- Raspaglio G, Filippetti F, Prislei S, Penci R, De Maria I, Cicchillitti L, et al. Hypoxia induces class III beta-tubulin gene expression by HIF-1alpha binding to its 3' flanking region. Gene. 2008;409:100-8 pubmed publisherClass III beta-tubulin (TUBB3) overexpression represents a major mechanism of drug resistance to microtubule interacting agents such as taxanes and Vinca alkaloids. Here, we tested hypoxia as a possible inducer of TUBB3...
- Chen D, Wang M, Zhou S, Zhou Q. HIV-1 Tat targets microtubules to induce apoptosis, a process promoted by the pro-apoptotic Bcl-2 relative Bim. EMBO J. 2002;21:6801-10 pubmed..Our findings reveal a strategy by which Tat induces apoptosis by targeting the microtubule network. Thus HIV-1 Tat joins a growing list of pathogen-derived proteins that target the cytoskeleton of host cells. ..
- Kasimanickam R, Kasimanickam V, Arangasamy A, Kastelic J. Sperm and seminal plasma proteomics of high- versus low-fertility Holstein bulls. Theriogenology. 2019;126:41-48 pubmed publisher..05). Further, HSP90, ZFP34, IFNRF4, BCL62, NADHD, TUBB3 and Histone H1 were in greater abundance in sperm of high- compared with low-fertility bulls...
- Hunt N, Waters K, Machaalani R. Promotion of the Unfolding Protein Response in Orexin/Dynorphin Neurons in Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS): Elevated pPERK and ATF4 Expression. Mol Neurobiol. 2017;54:7171-7185 pubmed publisher..cleaved caspase 3 (CC3), cleaved caspase 9 (CC9), glial fibrillary acid protein (GFAP), tubulin beta chain 3 (TUBB3), myelin basic protein (MBP), interleukin 1β (IL-1β), terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase dUTP nick-end ..
- Laskowski D, BÃ¥ge R, Humblot P, Andersson G, Sirard M, Sjunnesson Y. Insulin during inÂ vitro oocyte maturation has an impact on development, mitochondria, and cytoskeleton in bovine day 8 blastocysts. Theriogenology. 2017;101:15-25 pubmed publisher..by an up-regulation of genes involved in cell division (MAP2K2; DHCR7), cell structure (LMNA; VIM; TUBB2B; TUBB3; TUBB4B) and mitochondrial activation (ATP5D; CYP11A1; NDUFB7; NDUFB10; NDUFS8)...
- Yamaguchi Y, Hearing V. Physiological factors that regulate skin pigmentation. Biofactors. 2009;35:193-9 pubmed publisher..Further studies will elucidate the currently unknown functions of many other pigment genes/proteins. (c) 2009 International Union of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Inc. ..
- Yang Y, Choi H, Seon M, Cho D, Bang S. LL-37 stimulates the functions of adipose-derived stromal/stem cells via early growth response 1 and the MAPK pathway. Stem Cell Res Ther. 2016;7:58 pubmed publisher..This study correlates LL-37 with MSC functions (specifically those of ASCs), including cell expansion, cell migration, and paracrine actions, which may be useful in terms of implantation for tissue regeneration. ..
- Wang B, Li D, Rodriguez Juarez R, Farfus A, Storozynsky Q, Malach M, et al. A suppressive role of guanine nucleotide-binding protein subunit beta-4 inhibited by DNA methylation in the growth of anti-estrogen resistant breast cancer cells. BMC Cancer. 2018;18:817 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, knockdown of GNB4 decreased growth of both antiestrogen resistant and sensitive breast cancer cells. GNB4 is important for growth of breast cancer cells and a potential target for treatment. ..
- Wu P, You Y, Liu Y, Hou C, Wu C, Wen K, et al. Sesamol Inhibited Melanogenesis by Regulating Melanin-Related Signal Transduction in B16F10 Cells. Int J Mol Sci. 2018;19: pubmed publisher..These results indicate that sesamol acted as a potent depigmenting agent. ..
- Duan Y, Peng L, Shi H, Jiang Y. The effects of lead on GABAergic interneurons in rodents. Toxicol Ind Health. 2017;33:867-875 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, lead exposure significantly decreased the expression of Olig1 and Ki67 and increased that of Tubb3 in vitro...
- Pareyson D, Saveri P, Sagnelli A, Piscosquito G. Mitochondrial dynamics and inherited peripheral nerve diseases. Neurosci Lett. 2015;596:66-77 pubmed publisher..role in mitochondrial transport and mutations in some of related encoding genes cause peripheral neuropathy (TUBB3, NEFL, HSPB1, HSPB8, HSPB3, DNAJB2)...
- Pacholczyk M, Czernicki J, Ferenc T. [The effect of solar ultraviolet radiation (UVR) on induction of skin cancers]. Med Pr. 2016;67:255-66 pubmed publisher..Mutacje genu BRAF stwierdzano w ok. 50% przypadków CMM. Mutacje genu P53 nie s? charakterystyczne dla komórek CMM. Med. Pr. 2016;67(2):255–266. ..
- Springer A, Kratochwill K, Bergmeister H, Csaicsich D, Huber J, Mayer B, et al. A fetal sheep model for studying compensatory mechanisms in the healthy contralateral kidney after unilateral ureteral obstruction. J Pediatr Urol. 2015;11:352.e1-7 pubmed publisher..ligands of the prostaglandin and the bradykinin receptor, arginine vasopressin receptor 1B, and integrin beta 4. Interestingly, a broad range of molecules found differentially expressed, has been previously described in stress ..
- Li H, Peng C, Wu C, Chen C, Shih M, Huang M, et al. Inactivation of the tight junction gene CLDN11 by aberrant hypermethylation modulates tubulins polymerization and promotes cell migration in nasopharyngeal carcinoma. J Exp Clin Cancer Res. 2018;37:102 pubmed publisher..and liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry LC-MS/MS, tubulin alpha-1b (TUBA1B) and beta-3 (TUBB3), were identified as the novel CLDN11-interacting proteins...
- Seberg H, Van Otterloo E, Loftus S, Liu H, Bonde G, Sompallae R, et al. TFAP2 paralogs regulate melanocyte differentiation in parallel with MITF. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006636 pubmed publisher..In addition, they suggest that TFAP2A activity, like MITF activity, has the potential to modulate the phenotype of melanoma cells. ..
- Hao Q, He L, Zhou J, Yuan Y, Ma X, Pang Z, et al. A dimeric thymosin beta 4 with novel bio-activity protects post-ischemic cardiac function by accelerating vascular endothelial cell proliferation. Int J Cardiol. 2018;261:146-154 pubmed publisherThymosin beta 4 (Tβ4) is a 43-amino-acid peptide with protective properties in myocardium injury. Previously, we produced a recombinant human dimeric Tβ4 (DTβ4)...
- Smith R, Moccia R, Mothersill C, Seymour C. Irradiation of rainbow trout at early life stages results in a proteomic legacy in adult gills. Part B; the effect of a second radiation dose, after one year, on the proteomic responses in the irradiated and non-irradiated bystander fish. Environ Res. 2018;163:307-313 pubmed publisher
- Kobayashi Y, Hamamoto A, Takahashi A, Saito Y. Dimerization of melanocortin receptor 1 (MC1R) and MC5R creates a ligand-dependent signal modulation: Potential participation in physiological color change in the flounder. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2016;230-231:103-9 pubmed publisher..The ligand-selective receptor complex also provide the first mechanistic implication that may play a role in the control of color change in teleosts. ..
- Ting S, Mairinger F, Hager T, Welter S, Eberhardt W, Wohlschlaeger J, et al. ERCC1, MLH1, MSH2, MSH6, and ?III-tubulin: resistance proteins associated with response and outcome to platinum-based chemotherapy in malignant pleural mesothelioma. Clin Lung Cancer. 2013;14:558-567.e3 pubmed publisher..This study evaluated enzymes involved in repair of platinum-caused DNA damage, potentially resulting in a biomarker panel associated with patient response and outcome to platinum-based chemotherapy...
- Nagui N, Mahmoud S, Abdel Hay R, Hassieb M, Rashed L. Assessment of gene expression levels of proopiomelanocortin (POMC) and melanocortin-1 receptor (MC1R) in vitiligo. Australas J Dermatol. 2017;58:e36-e39 pubmed publisher..As a conclusion, the melanocortin system could play a role in the pathogenesis of vitiligo or could be affected as the end result of the disease. ..
- Piekarski A, Decuypere E, Buyse J, Dridi S. Chenodeoxycholic acid reduces feed intake and modulates the expression of hypothalamic neuropeptides and hepatic lipogenic genes in broiler chickens. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2016;229:74-83 pubmed publisher..Together, our data provide evidence that CDCA alters growth performances in broilers and modulates the expression of hypothalamic neuropeptides and hepatic lipogenic and adipocytokine genes. ..
- Zhong K, Verkouteren J, Jacobs L, Uitterlinden A, Hofman A, Liu F, et al. Pigmentation-Independent Susceptibility Loci for Actinic Keratosis Highlighted by Compound Heterozygosity Analysis. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:77-84 pubmed publisher..67%) identified in the previous conventional genome-wide association study. In conclusion, CollapsABEL showed compound heterozygosity in non-pigmentation- and pigmentation-related loci conferring genetic risk of AK. ..
- Thomas N, Edmiston S, Kanetsky P, Busam K, Kricker A, Armstrong B, et al. Associations of MC1R Genotype and Patient Phenotypes with BRAF and NRAS Mutations in Melanoma. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:2588-2598 pubmed publisher..Our results also suggest that melanin pathways deserve further study in BRAF V600E melanomagenesis. ..
- Dráberová E, Del Valle L, Gordon J, Marková V, Smejkalová B, Bertrand L, et al. Class III beta-tubulin is constitutively coexpressed with glial fibrillary acidic protein and nestin in midgestational human fetal astrocytes: implications for phenotypic identity. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2008;67:341-54 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that in the midgestational human brain, betaIII-tubulin is not neuron specific because it is constitutively expressed in GFAP+/nestin+ presumptive fetal astrocytes. ..
- Ploussard G, Terry S, Maille P, Allory Y, Sirab N, Kheuang L, et al. Class III beta-tubulin expression predicts prostate tumor aggressiveness and patient response to docetaxel-based chemotherapy. Cancer Res. 2010;70:9253-64 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest a role for ?III-tubulin as candidate theranostic biomarker to predict the response to docetaxel-based chemotherapy as well as to target for treatment of docetaxel-resistant CRPC. ..
- Balasubramanian R, Chew S, MacKinnon S, Kang P, Andrews C, Chan W, et al. Expanding the phenotypic spectrum and variability of endocrine abnormalities associated with TUBB3 E410K syndrome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2015;100:E473-7 pubmed publisherA heterozygous de novo c.1228G>A mutation (E410K) in the TUBB3 gene encoding the neuronal-specific Î²-tubulin isotype 3 (TUBB3) causes the TUBB3 E410K syndrome characterized by congenital fibrosis of the extraocular muscles (CFEOM), ..
- Dorshorst B, Henegar C, Liao X, SÃ¤llman AlmÃ©n M, Rubin C, Ito S, et al. Dominant Red Coat Color in Holstein Cattle Is Associated with a Missense Mutation in the Coatomer Protein Complex, Subunit Alpha (COPA) Gene. PLoS ONE. 2015;10:e0128969 pubmed publisher..This suggests that Dominant Red may be caused by aberrant MC1R protein or mRNA trafficking within the highly compartmentalized melanocyte, mimicking the effect of the Recessive Red loss of function MC1R allele. ..
- Shipp S, Yi J, Dridi S, Gilbert E, Cline M. The central anorexigenic mechanism of adrenocorticotropic hormone involves the caudal hypothalamus in chicks. Neuropeptides. 2015;53:29-35 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, ICV ACTH causes decreased food intake in chicks, and is associated with VMH, LH, and ARC activation, and a decrease in hypothalamic mRNA abundance of CRF, UT, AgRP, ORX and MC1R. ..
- Vissers P, Thong M, Pouwer F, Creemers G, Slooter G, van de Poll Franse L. Prospectively measured lifestyle factors and BMI explain differences in health-related quality of life between colorectal cancer patients with and without comorbid diabetes. Support Care Cancer. 2016;24:2591-601 pubmed publisher..Diabetes was not independently associated with HRQoL but deteriorated HRQoL among CRCDM+ patients seem to be explained by an unhealthier lifestyle and other comorbid conditions. Moreover, residual confounding cannot be ruled out. ..
- Burri R, Antoniazza S, Gaigher A, Ducrest A, Simon C, Fumagalli L, et al. The genetic basis of color-related local adaptation in a ring-like colonization around the Mediterranean. Evolution. 2016;70:140-53 pubmed publisher..These results from a system reminiscent of ring species provide a striking example of how local adaptation can evolve from derived genetic variation. ..
- Parker A, Turner N, McCarroll J, Kavallaris M. ?III-Tubulin alters glucose metabolism and stress response signaling to promote cell survival and proliferation in glucose-starved non-small cell lung cancer cells. Carcinogenesis. 2016;37:787-798 pubmed publisher..This elucidates a hitherto unknown role for this microtubule protein and provides insight into correlations between high ?III-tubulin expression and poor patient outcome in this disease. ..
- Sosne G, Rimmer D, Kleinman H, Ousler G. Thymosin Beta 4: A Potential Novel Therapy for Neurotrophic Keratopathy, Dry Eye, and Ocular Surface Diseases. Vitam Horm. 2016;102:277-306 pubmed publisher..Increasing evidence suggests that thymosin beta 4 (T?4), a naturally occurring polypeptide, can elicit this spectrum of therapeutic responses: a rapid corneal ..
- Roos L, Sandling J, Bell C, Glass D, Mangino M, Spector T, et al. Higher Nevus Count Exhibits a Distinct DNA Methylation Signature in Healthy Human Skin: Implications for Melanoma. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:910-920 pubmed publisher..This integrative study improves our understanding of predisposition to nevi and their potential contribution to melanoma pathogenesis. ..
- Feller L, Khammissa R, Kramer B, Altini M, Lemmer J. Basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma of the head and face. Head Face Med. 2016;12:11 pubmed publisher..In this short review we focus on the aetiological role of UV in cutaneous basal cell carcinoma, cutaneous squamous cell carcinoma and cutaneous melanoma of the skin, and on some associated biopathological events. ..
- Guida M, Strippoli S, Ferretta A, Bartolomeo N, Porcelli L, Maida I, et al. Detrimental effects of melanocortin-1 receptor (MC1R) variants on the clinical outcomes of BRAF V600 metastatic melanoma patients treated with BRAF inhibitors. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2016;29:679-687 pubmed publisher..Data in vitro showed a significant different phosphorylation of Erk1/2 and p38 MAPK during treatment, associated with a greater increase in vemurafenib IC50 in MC1R variant cell lines. ..
- Ishida M, Kushima R, Okabe H. Aberrant expression of class III beta-tubulin in basal cell carcinoma of the skin. Oncol Rep. 2009;22:733-7 pubmed..beta III is a potential candidate for inclusion to the panel of immunohistochemical markers to distinguish small BCCs from non-neoplastic hair buds, because non-neoplastic hair follicles are not positive for beta III. ..
- Sood R, Hocking A, Muffley L, Ga M, Honari S, Reiner A, et al. Race and Melanocortin 1 Receptor Polymorphism R163Q Are Associated with Post-Burn Hypertrophic Scarring: A Prospective Cohort Study. J Invest Dermatol. 2015;135:2394-2401 pubmed publisher..001) associated with severe HTS. Asian race (linear regression coefficient 1.32; 95% CI: 0.23-2.40) but not MC1R SNP genotype was associated with increased itch score. We conclude that MC1R genotype may influence post-burn scarring. ..
- Grossi F, Dal Bello M, Salvi S, Puzone R, Pfeffer U, Fontana V, et al. Expression of Ribonucleotide Reductase Subunit-2 and Thymidylate Synthase Correlates with Poor Prognosis in Patients with Resected Stages I-III Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer. Dis Markers. 2015;2015:302649 pubmed publisher..subunits M1 and M2 (RRM1 and RRM2), subunit p53R2, thymidylate synthase (TS), and class III beta-tubulin (TUBB3). Gene expression levels were also validated in an available NSCLC microarray dataset...
- Avdoshina V, Taraballi F, Dedoni S, Corbo C, Paige M, SaygideÄŸer Kont Y, et al. Identification of a binding site of the human immunodeficiency virus envelope protein gp120 to neuronal-specific tubulin. J Neurochem. 2016;137:287-98 pubmed publisher..We found that one of the proteins interacting with gp120 is tubulin Î²-3 (TUBB3), a major component of neuronal microtubules...
- Zhang Q, Sun T, Kang P, Qian K, Deng B, Zhou J, et al. Combined analysis of rearrangement of ALK, ROS1, somatic mutation of EGFR, KRAS, BRAF, PIK3CA, and mRNA expression of ERCC1, TYMS, RRM1, TUBB3, EGFR in patients with non-small cell lung cancer and their clinical significance. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2016;77:583-93 pubmed publisherThe assessment of single gene such as ERCC1, TYMS, RRM1, TUBB3, EGFR, KRAS, BRAF, PIK3CA, ALK, and ROS1 is now widely applied in therapeutic decisions of non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC)...
- Herraiz C, Garcia Borron J, Jimenez Cervantes C, Olivares C. MC1R signaling. Intracellular partners and pathophysiological implications. Biochim Biophys Acta Mol Basis Dis. 2017;1863:2448-2461 pubmed publisher..This article is part of a Special Issue entitled: Melanocortin Receptors - edited by Ya-Xiong Tao. ..
- Doherty E, Macy M, Wang S, Dykeman C, Melanson M, Engle E. CFEOM3: a new extraocular congenital fibrosis syndrome that maps to 16q24.2-q24.3. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 1999;40:1687-94 pubmedTo define the clinical characteristics and determine the gene localization for a previously undescribed form of congenital fibrosis of the extraocular muscles (CFEOM), referred to as CFEOM type 3 (CFEOM3).
- Joe P, Banerjee A, Luduena R. Roles of beta-tubulin residues Ala428 and Thr429 in microtubule formation in vivo. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:4283-91 pubmed publisher..This result is consistent with a likely more complex function of betaIII as well as with the observation that evolutionary conservation is total for Ala(428) and frequent for Thr(429). ..
- Bouchet B, Puisieux A, Galmarini C. ?III-Tubulin is required for interphase microtubule dynamics in untransformed human mammary epithelial cells. Eur J Cell Biol. 2011;90:872-8 pubmed publisher..This strongly suggests that ?III-tubulin is an essential regulator of interphase microtubule functions in normal breast epithelium cells. ..
- Tala -, Sun X, Chen J, Zhang L, Liu N, Zhou J, et al. Microtubule stabilization by Mdp3 is partially attributed to its modulation of HDAC6 in addition to its association with tubulin and microtubules. PLoS ONE. 2014;9:e90932 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that Mdp3 controls microtubule stability through its binding to tubulin and microtubules as well as its regulation of HDAC6 activity. ..
- Kansal R, McCravy M, Basham J, Earl J, McMurray S, Starner C, et al. Inhibition of melanocortin 1 receptor slows melanoma growth, reduces tumor heterogeneity and increases survival. Oncotarget. 2016;7:26331-45 pubmed publisher..Persistent inhibition of MC1R provided a significant survival advantage resulting in part from slower tumor growth, establishing MC1R as a compelling new molecular target for metastatic melanoma. ..
- Improgo M, Schlichting N, Cortes R, Zhao Shea R, Tapper A, Gardner P. ASCL1 regulates the expression of the CHRNA5/A3/B4 lung cancer susceptibility locus. Mol Cancer Res. 2010;8:194-203 pubmed publisher..knockdown of ASCL1 in SCLC, but not in non-SCLC, led to a significant decrease in expression of the alpha 3 and beta 4 genes without having an effect on any other highly expressed nAChR gene...
- Kanojia D, Morshed R, Zhang L, Miska J, Qiao J, Kim J, et al. Î²III-Tubulin Regulates Breast Cancer Metastases to the Brain. Mol Cancer Ther. 2015;14:1152-61 pubmed publisher..Among these neuronal predominant markers, in silico analysis revealed overexpression of Î²III-tubulin (TUBB3) in breast cancer brain metastases (BCBM) and its expression was significantly associated with distant metastases...
- Xiong Q, Chai J, Chen M, Tao Y. Identification and pharmacological analyses of eight naturally occurring caprine melanocortin-1 receptor mutations in three different goat breeds. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2016;235:1-10 pubmed publisher..In summary, we provided detailed data of these goat MC1R mutations leading to a better understanding of the role of MC1R mutation and coat color in goats. ..
- Drum C, Tan W, Chan S, Pakkiri L, Chong J, Liew O, et al. Thymosin Beta-4 Is Elevated in Women With Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction. J Am Heart Assoc. 2017;6: pubmed publisher..Because TB4 can preserve EF in animal studies of cardiac injury, the relation of endogenous, circulating TB4 to X chromosome biology and differential outcomes in female heart disease warrants further study. ..
- Emi Y, Nomura S, Yokota H, Sakaguchi M. ATP-binding cassette transporter isoform C2 localizes to the apical plasma membrane via interactions with scaffolding protein. J Biochem. 2011;149:177-89 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a possible role for an interaction between ABCC2 and PDZK1 in apical localization of ABCC2 in hepatocytes. ..
- Shao Q, Yang T, Huang H, Alarmanazi F, Liu G. Uncoupling of UNC5C with Polymerized TUBB3 in Microtubules Mediates Netrin-1 Repulsion. J Neurosci. 2017;37:5620-5633 pubmed publisher..Our previous studies have shown that the direct interaction of netrin receptor DCC and DSCAM with polymerized TUBB3, a neuron-specific MT subunit in the brain, is required for netrin-1-mediated axon outgrowth, branching, and ..
- Zheng W, Chen H, Yuan S, Wu L, Zhang W, Sun H, et al. Overexpression of ?III-tubulin and survivin associated with drug resistance to docetaxel-based chemotherapy in advanced gastric cancer. J BUON. 2012;17:284-90 pubmed..05). Overexpression of ?III-tubulin and survivin in gastric cancer cells was associated with resistance to docetaxel-based chemotherapy in patients with advanced gastric cancer. ..
- He M, Zhang L, Wang X, Huo L, Sun L, Feng C, et al. Systematic Analysis of the Functions of Lysine Acetylation in the Regulation of Tat Activity. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67186 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that Tat may regulate diverse cellular activities through binding to different proteins and that the acetylation of distinct lysine residues in Tat may modulate its interaction with various partners. ..
- McCarroll J, Sharbeen G, Liu J, Youkhana J, Goldstein D, McCarthy N, et al. Î²III-tubulin: a novel mediator of chemoresistance and metastases in pancreatic cancer. Oncotarget. 2015;6:2235-49 pubmed
- Fatahi Z, Haghparast A, Khani A, Kermani M. Functional connectivity between anterior cingulate cortex and orbitofrontal cortex during value-based decision making. Neurobiol Learn Mem. 2018;147:74-78 pubmed publisher..Our results propose that synchronization between the ACC and OFC in the low-frequency range is necessary during value-based decision making. ..
- Shi Y, Chen L, Li J, Lu Y, Jiao S. [Expression and predictive role of excision repair cross complementation group 1, ribonucleotide reductase subunit M1, and ?-tubulin 3 in postoperative patients with non-small cell lung cancer receiving adjuvant chemotherapy]. Zhongguo Yi Xue Ke Xue Yuan Xue Bao. 2010;32:375-82 pubmed publisher..ERCC1, RRM1, and ?-tubulin 3 detected by immunohistochemistry can be biomarkers to help to choose better chemotherapy regimen and predict the effectiveness of adjuvant chemotherapy. ..
- Mendes J, Harris D, Carranza S, Salvi D. Evaluating the phylogenetic signal limit from mitogenomes, slow evolving nuclear genes, and the concatenation approach. New insights into the Lacertini radiation using fast evolving nuclear genes and species trees. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2016;100:254-267 pubmed publisher..This finding suggests caution when using megaphylogenies to integrate inter-generic relationships in comparative ecological and evolutionary studies. ..
- Locher H, De Rooij K, de Groot J, van Doorn R, Gruis N, Lowik C, et al. Class III ?-tubulin, a novel biomarker in the human melanocyte lineage. Differentiation. 2013;85:173-81 pubmed publisher..Here, we show that these similarities extend to class III ?-tubulin (TUBB3) expression, and that human melanocytes express this protein both in vivo and in vitro...
- GalvÃ¡n I, InÃ¡cio Ã, Nielsen Ã. Gyrfalcons Falco rusticolus adjust CTNS expression to food abundance: a possible contribution to cysteine homeostasis. Oecologia. 2017;184:779-785 pubmed publisher..Potential applications of our results should now be investigated in the context of renal failure and other disorders associated with cystinosis caused by CTNS dysfunction. ..
- Vetter N, Kolb E, Mills C, Sampson V. The Microtubule Network and Cell Death Are Regulated by an miR-34a/Stathmin 1/?III-Tubulin Axis. Mol Cancer Res. 2017;15:953-964 pubmed publisher..i>Mol Cancer Res; 15(7); 953-64. ©2017 AACR. ..
- Marei H, El Gamal A, Althani A, Afifi N, Abd Elmaksoud A, Farag A, et al. Cholinergic and dopaminergic neuronal differentiation of human adipose tissue derived mesenchymal stem cells. J Cell Physiol. 2018;233:936-945 pubmed publisher..Differentiated MSCs expressed markers for immature and mature neurons; β Tubulin III (TUBB3) and MAP2, respectively, showing the neural potential of these cells to differentiate into functional neurons...
- Liu M, Xu P, Guan Z, Qian X, Dockery P, FitzGerald U, et al. Ulk4 deficiency leads to hypomyelination in mice. Glia. 2018;66:175-190 pubmed publisher..is reduced by half in the Ulk4tm1a/tm1a hypomorph brain, whereas expression of axonal marker genes Tubb3, Nefh, Nefl and Nefm remains unaltered...
- Sun Y, Chen X, Xu Y, Liu Q, Jiang X, Wang S, et al. Thymosin ?4 is involved in the antimicrobial immune response of Golden pompano, Trachinotus ovatus. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2017;69:90-98 pubmed publisher..In the current study, we cloned and identified thymosin beta 4 from the teleost fish Golden pompano (Trachinotus ovatus), which we have named TroT?4...
- Seve P, Dumontet C. [Class III beta tubulin expression in nonsmall cell lung cancer]. Rev Mal Respir. 2010;27:383-6 pubmed publisher..betaIII tubulin expression is emerging as a valuable biomarker for taxane resistance in advanced disease, as well as offering prognostic information for outcomes among patients with earlier stage disease. ..
- Gan Or Z, Mohsin N, Girard S, Montplaisir J, Ambalavanan A, Strong S, et al. The role of the melanoma gene MC1R in Parkinson disease and REM sleep behavior disorder. Neurobiol Aging. 2016;43:180.e7-180.e13 pubmed publisher..54% and 10.15%, respectively, p = 0.75), and no cumulative effect of carrying more than one MC1R variant was found. The present study does not support a role for the MC1R p.R160W and other variants in susceptibility for PD or RBD. ..
- Adeola A, Oluwole O, Oladele B, Olorungbounmi T, Boladuro B, Olaogun S, et al. Analysis of the genetic variation in mitochondrial DNA, Y-chromosome sequences, and MC1R sheds light on the ancestry of Nigerian indigenous pigs. Genet Sel Evol. 2017;49:52 pubmed publisher..Additional genetic analyses and archaeological studies may provide further insights into the history of African pig breeds. Our findings provide a valuable resource for future studies on whole-genome analyses of African pigs. ..
- Powis Z, Chamberlin A, Alamillo C, Ceulemans S, Bird L, Tang S. Postmortem Diagnostic Exome Sequencing Identifies a De Novo TUBB3 Alteration in a Newborn With Prenatally Diagnosed Hydrocephalus and Suspected Walker-Warburg Syndrome. Pediatr Dev Pathol. 2017;:1093526617698611 pubmed publisher..proband, mother and father identified a previously unreported apparently de novo heterozygous tubulin, beta-3 ( TUBB3) c.523G>C (p.V175L) alteration in the proband...
- Cai P, Lu P, Sharom F, Fang W. A semisynthetic taxane Yg-3-46a effectively evades P-glycoprotein and ?-III tubulin mediated tumor drug resistance in vitro. Cancer Lett. 2013;341:214-23 pubmed publisher..and cervical cancer cell lines Hela and Hela/?III which overexpressed ?III-tubulin via stable transfection with TUBB3 gene...
- Shi C, Wang H, Mao C, Yang J, Song B, Liu Y, et al. MC1R variants in Chinese Han patients with sporadic Parkinson's disease. Neurobiol Aging. 2016;42:217.e5-6 pubmed publisher..I120T), rs885479 (p.R163Q), and rs372152373 (p.R223W). However, variants mentioned previously did not show association with PD. Our results suggest that variants in MC1R do not play a major role in PD in the Chinese population. ..
- Orfanidis K, Wäster P, Lundmark K, Rosdahl I, Ollinger K. Evaluation of tubulin ?-3 as a novel senescence-associated gene in melanocytic malignant transformation. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2017;30:243-254 pubmed publisher..b>TUBB3, which encodes the microtubule protein tubulin ?-3, showed a decreased expression in senescent melanocytes and ..
- Duran G, Wang Y, Francisco E, Rose J, Martinez F, Coller J, et al. Mechanisms of resistance to cabazitaxel. Mol Cancer Ther. 2015;14:193-201 pubmed publisher..Class III Î²-tubulin (TUBB3) RNA and protein were elevated in both MCF-7/CTAX and MCF-7/CTAX-P...
- Shafei E, Kurinov A, Kuznetsova A, Aleksandrova M. Reprogramming of Human Retinal Pigment Epithelial Cells under the Effect of bFGF In Vitro. Bull Exp Biol Med. 2017;163:574-582 pubmed publisher..peaked in 72 h after bFGF application and then sharply decreased, which was accompanied by a 3-fold increase in TUBB3 mRNA expression (neuronal marker)...
- Ranganathan S, Dexter D, Benetatos C, Hudes G. Cloning and sequencing of human betaIII-tubulin cDNA: induction of betaIII isotype in human prostate carcinoma cells by acute exposure to antimicrotubule agents. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1998;1395:237-45 pubmed..Also, the complete coding sequence of human betaIII tubulin reported here will provide molecular tools for future investigations. ..
- Zhang Y, Liu J, Peng L, Ren L, Zhang H, Zou L, et al. Comparative transcriptome analysis of molecular mechanism underlying gray-to-red body color formation in red crucian carp (Carassius auratus, red var.). Fish Physiol Biochem. 2017;43:1387-1398 pubmed publisher..These results shed light on the regulation mechanism of gray-to-red body color transformation in red crucian carp, and are helpful to the selective breeding of ornamental fish strains. ..
- Moiseyenko V, Volkov N, Suspistin E, Yanus G, Iyevleva A, Kuligina E, et al. Evidence for predictive role of BRCA1 and bTUBIII in gastric cancer. Med Oncol. 2013;30:545 pubmed publisher..We conclude that GC should be considered as a part of BRCA1-related hereditary cancer syndrome. Tumors with BRCA1 inactivation and low bTUBIII expression demonstrate improved response to cytotoxic therapy. ..
- Ducret V, Gaigher A, Simon C, Goudet J, Roulin A. Sex-specific allelic transmission bias suggests sexual conflict at MC1R. Mol Ecol. 2016;25:4551-63 pubmed publisher..Transmission ratio distortion may be adaptive in this sexually dichromatic species if males and females are, respectively, selected to display white and rufous plumages. ..