Genomes and Genes
Gene Symbol: TUBA8
Description: tubulin alpha 8
Alias: CDCBM8, TUBAL2, tubulin alpha-8 chain, tubulin alpha chain-like 2
- Kawauchi T. Tubulin isotype specificity in neuronal migration: Tuba8 can't fill in for Tuba1a. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2247-2249 pubmed publisher..2017. J. Cell Biol. https://doi.org/10.1083/jcb.201607074) show that Tuba1a and Tuba8 differentially regulate microtubule organization in neurons, and they provide insights into the mechanisms by ..
- Belvindrah R, Natarajan K, Shabajee P, Bruel Jungerman E, Bernard J, Goutierre M, et al. Mutation of the Î±-tubulin Tuba1a leads to straighter microtubules and perturbs neuronal migration. J Cell Biol. 2017;216:2443-2461 pubmed publisher..We show that Tuba8, another Î±-tubulin isotype previously associated with cortical malformations, has altered function compared ..
- Abdollahi M, Morrison E, Sirey T, Molnar Z, Hayward B, Carr I, et al. Mutation of the variant alpha-tubulin TUBA8 results in polymicrogyria with optic nerve hypoplasia. Am J Hum Genet. 2009;85:737-44 pubmed publisher..By autozygosity mapping, we show that the molecular basis for this condition is mutation of the TUBA8 gene, encoding a variant alpha-tubulin of unknown function that is not susceptible to the lysine 40 acetylation ..
- Watts N, Sackett D, Ward R, Miller M, Wingfield P, Stahl S, et al. HIV-1 rev depolymerizes microtubules to form stable bilayered rings. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:349-60 pubmed..These results suggest that Rev may interact with MTs to induce their destabilization, a proposition consistent with the previously described disruption of MTs after HIV-1 infection. ..
- Germani A, Bruzzoni Giovanelli H, Fellous A, Gisselbrecht S, Varin Blank N, Calvo F. SIAH-1 interacts with alpha-tubulin and degrades the kinesin Kid by the proteasome pathway during mitosis. Oncogene. 2000;19:5997-6006 pubmed..Our results imply, for the first time, SIAH-1 in regulating the degradation of proteins directly implicated in the mitotic process. ..
- Saugstad J, Yang S, Pohl J, Hall R, Conn P. Interaction between metabotropic glutamate receptor 7 and alpha tubulin. J Neurochem. 2002;80:980-8 pubmed
- Valenzuela Fernandez A, Alvarez S, Gordón Alonso M, Barrero M, Ursa A, Cabrero J, et al. Histone deacetylase 6 regulates human immunodeficiency virus type 1 infection. Mol Biol Cell. 2005;16:5445-54 pubmed..These results demonstrate that HDAC6 plays a significant role in regulating HIV-1 infection and Env-mediated syncytia formation. ..
- Alexandrova N, Niklinski J, Bliskovsky V, Otterson G, Blake M, Kaye F, et al. The N-terminal domain of c-Myc associates with alpha-tubulin and microtubules in vivo and in vitro. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:5188-95 pubmed..These findings suggest a potential role for Myc-tubulin interaction in vivo. ..
- de Mareuil J, Carre M, Barbier P, Campbell G, Lancelot S, Opi S, et al. HIV-1 Tat protein enhances microtubule polymerization. Retrovirology. 2005;2:5 pubmed..These results show that Tat directly acts on microtubule polymerization and provide insights into the mechanism of T cell apoptosis mediated by extra-cellular Tat. ..
- Cui H, Schlesinger J, Schoenhals S, Tönjes M, Dunkel I, Meierhofer D, et al. Phosphorylation of the chromatin remodeling factor DPF3a induces cardiac hypertrophy through releasing HEY repressors from DNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 2016;44:2538-53 pubmed publisher..Thus, we present a novel pathway for pathological cardiac hypertrophy, whose inhibition is a long-term therapeutic goal for the treatment of the course of heart failure. ..
- Stanchi F, Corso V, Scannapieco P, Ievolella C, Negrisolo E, Tiso N, et al. TUBA8: A new tissue-specific isoform of alpha-tubulin that is highly conserved in human and mouse. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2000;270:1111-8 pubmed..sequenced a cDNA from a human adult skeletal muscle cDNA library, encoding for a novel isoform of alpha-tubulin (tuba8) that is preferentially expressed in heart, skeletal muscle, and testis...
- Herreros L, Rodríguez Fernandez J, Brown M, Alonso Lebrero J, Cabanas C, Sanchez Madrid F, et al. Paxillin localizes to the lymphocyte microtubule organizing center and associates with the microtubule cytoskeleton. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:26436-40 pubmed
- Yamamoto S, Okawa K, Nakano T, Sano K, Ogawa K, Masuda T, et al. Huwe1, a novel cellular interactor of Gag-Pol through integrase binding, negatively influences HIV-1 infectivity. Microbes Infect. 2011;13:339-49 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Huwe1 in HIV-1 producer cells has a negative impact on early post-entry events during the next round of virus infection via association with an IN region of Gag-Pol. ..
- Kamino H, Moore R, Negishi M. Role of a novel CAR-induced gene, TUBA8, in hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines. Cancer Genet. 2011;204:382-91 pubmed publisher..We identified tubulin alpha 8 (TUBA8) as one of the candidate genes that may be involved in liver tumor promotion...
- Xu Y, Kulkosky J, Acheampong E, Nunnari G, Sullivan J, Pomerantz R. HIV-1-mediated apoptosis of neuronal cells: Proximal molecular mechanisms of HIV-1-induced encephalopathy. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:7070-5 pubmed..These analyses suggest molecular mechanisms for the induction of apoptosis relating to the exposure of viral and host cell factors and rationally designed approaches toward neuroprotection. ..
- Feierbach B, Nogales E, Downing K, Stearns T. Alf1p, a CLIP-170 domain-containing protein, is functionally and physically associated with alpha-tubulin. J Cell Biol. 1999;144:113-24 pubmed..The phenotype of overexpression of ALF1 suggests that Alf1p can act to sequester alpha-tubulin from interaction with beta-tubulin, raising the possibility that it plays a regulatory role in the formation of the tubulin heterodimer. ..
- Giacca M. HIV-1 Tat, apoptosis and the mitochondria: a tubulin link?. Retrovirology. 2005;2:7 pubmed..Two papers now published in Retrovirology provide possible molecular mechanisms for the pro-apoptotic effect of Tat, which involve the cell's microtubular network and the mitochondrial pathway of apoptosis. ..
- Fallin M, Lasseter V, Avramopoulos D, Nicodemus K, Wolyniec P, McGrath J, et al. Bipolar I disorder and schizophrenia: a 440-single-nucleotide polymorphism screen of 64 candidate genes among Ashkenazi Jewish case-parent trios. Am J Hum Genet. 2005;77:918-36 pubmed..01). Six genes (DAO, GRM3, GRM4, GRIN2B, IL2RB, and TUBA8) met this criterion for bipolar I disorder; only DAO has been previously associated with bipolar disorder...
- Rein Fischboeck L, Pohl R, Haberl E, Zimny S, Neumann M, Eisinger K, et al. Tubulin alpha 8 is expressed in hepatic stellate cells and is induced in transformed hepatocytes. Mol Cell Biochem. 2017;428:161-170 pubmed publisherTubulin alpha 8 (TUBA8) is highly abundant in murine liver tumors suggesting a role in hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC). Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) is a risk factor for HCC...
- He M, Zhang L, Wang X, Huo L, Sun L, Feng C, et al. Systematic Analysis of the Functions of Lysine Acetylation in the Regulation of Tat Activity. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e67186 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that Tat may regulate diverse cellular activities through binding to different proteins and that the acetylation of distinct lysine residues in Tat may modulate its interaction with various partners. ..